logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

754 Pages«<747748749750751>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#14961 Posted : 26 September 2020 04:43:31(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
"That's a good thing! Nobody wants to be around someone who doesn't look out for others around them. You know the kind, always dragging you to crazy places and then leaving you while they are a social butterfly so then you're stranded alone. Or might have just been me." She laughs. Serenity was very sensitive to how people around her treated others and she was one to base her opinions on it. From what she had heard though, no one has ever really had to say any bad things about Ryan or working with him so that was a good enough sign for her.

"Beverly Hills? Is it as posh as everyone tells me? I've visited a few times but never enough to really pay attention to the people and everything around me." Even though she is from California, she did split her time between the states and Korea. She was from a small family with only her grandparents and a few cousins to keep her company. Not many people actually knew her background because she didn't make a habit out of talking about it. "I'm actually was raised in Santa Barbara by my mother until she passed away when I was 12. Then, I moved back to Korea, where I was born, and lived with my grandparents until I decided to attend college in the states and then music happened and the rest they say is history." She nodded her head after hearing his interest in her country. "Ooh, I think you would love it there, amazing food, lots of soju, rich history, did I mention lots of soju?" She chuckles again. While there were some painful memories left behind, she had always wanted to travel back there sometime soon. "Now Montana, I have never been there before. What is it like there?"
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline PANIC!  
#14962 Posted : 26 September 2020 05:32:59(UTC)
PANIC!

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
He smirked and nodded his head, not entirely relating himself to the situation she described but understanding how it could be difficult. It got him thinking for a moment if he had ever done that to someone as socializing and conversations always came easy to him, but landing on believing that he was too aware to do such a thing. “Well that’s just messed up, even if there is no ill-intent behind it. I would never leave someone stranded like that. I guess I’m usually the person who eases others and gets them out of their shell so to speak.” He smiled at her, leaning forward on the table to close the space between them slightly as they spoke more in-depth about things.

Ryan chuckled softly at her remark about Beverly Hills and knowing that she wasn’t entirely wrong with her vision of it. “Yeah, it’s a pretty posh neighborhood. It has to be because the amount of money I paid for that house is a little ridiculous.” He remarked with a scoff, shaking his head. He enjoyed the finer things in life and thought he worked hard in his career to earn them, but he was not showoffy about it most of the time. Ryan listened carefully to her as she spoke, he was the type of person that if someone was talking to him they had his undivided attention throughout. That’s why when he meet with someone he would avoid searching them online because he wanted to hear their story face to face. “That’s quite the cultural change I’d say, regardless of how you look at it. I’m really sorry about your mom. I know it’s been years, but that’s a hard loss,” he paused for a moment, thinking about his own mother passing away three years ago. It was something that nobody in the industry knew about and had somehow not leaked to the press. It was something he held close to heart. “Santa Barbara is beautiful though, I love that area.” He laughed as she spoke so excitedly about Korea. He had a strong fondness in finding connections with people of different cultures and backgrounds, it was fascinating for him to expand his knowledge.

“Trust me, not many people have been to Montana. It’s like the third least populated state in the country. We don’t even have an arena I think.” He said with a chuckle, pulling his hair back. “Montana is stunning, in my bias opinion. I’ve had my property out there since 2011 and I love it. It’s very woodsy, a lot of natural all around you. I have the Yellowstone river flowing my backyard. It’s just very peaceful. It’s an excellent place to disconnect from everything.”
UserPostedImage
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#14963 Posted : 26 September 2020 08:32:18(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

"I appreciate that and will hold you to that." Serenity smiles as she notices he is trying to close the space between them. She returns the gesture as she gets more comfortable, removing her jacket and laying it beside her in the booth. She had to admit, their meeting place was pretty nice and casual. She was hoping that there would be some service soon as alcohol did tend to make her a bit more loose, even though she knew full well how to have fun without it, it always made things that much more interesting.

"See, I like to think of it as just buying what you deserve. Maybe you truly deserved a nice home in Beverly Hills. Maybe next year you'll decide you need a home in Laguna Beach or Santa Barbara." She winks and then laughs. Even though she didn't just lavishly spend money all the time she was a huge believer in treating herself every now and then without guilt. She knew that it was important she take care of herself and make herself happy before she can do the same for others. After Ryan offers his condolences for her mother, Serenity graciously nods, remembering that he was probably the only person she had even told about her mother passing and she wasn't sure why it had slipped so casually from her tongue. "Thank you. It...sucks and I miss her a lot but I think she would be in a way proud of me of how far I've come." Again, she gave her signature smiling with her eyes, genuinely believing in her words.

"It is! And the people aren't bad either. I have some cute neighbors too, especially this little old lady. She always forgets my name but never forgets it starts with an S. I have been Sarah, Suzy, Sunny, it's cute honestly. I just answer to anything she calls me now." She chuckles. "Well, maybe one day I will get around to seeing what Montana has to offer, if you allow me to be your tour guide for Korea. It's pretty lively but I know some great spots if you want to run away or disconnect. I may not look it but I can rough it. I even know how to chop my own firewood." Some of her fondest memories were when she had to live in the countryside with her grandparents. For a long time she had to be completely self-reliant but she thinks it helped her to not be so spoiled today.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline PANIC!  
#14964 Posted : 26 September 2020 17:29:13(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

“That could very well happen! Outside of Montana, I have a tough time sort of staying still for an extended time. I like venturing out and exploring new areas. Laguna Beach or Santa Barbara sound like possible future choices. Just let me know when I can be your neighbor.” He added with a matching wink and laugh. It was a relief to him that just a short while into their conversation things were flowing so organically. Ryan looks down again for a moment, nodding his head as she speaks about her mother. “That kind of lose is difficult, there’s really no replacing a parental figure.” He knew he would bring up his own loss eventually if their connection continued down the line but for now he chose to keep it to himself. “I’m certain she’d be extremely proud of you. Those aren’t the easiest of circumstances and yet here you, making music for a living. That’s special.” He smiled at her, knowing it was a heavy subject to talk about but he was glad that she had no trouble in sharing such an intimate fact with him.

Ryan chuckled along at her story, bringing his hands down to rest on the table as he tilted his head slightly while looking at her. “You know, I could see you as a Suzy actually.” He added jokingly, clearing his throat. “You got yourself a deal, Serenity. You be my Korean tour guide and I will show you around Montana. I’ll say one of them will be a lot more exciting than the other, but I’ll do my best to take you to the hidden gems in my area.” He was a little surprise that they were already talking about the future prospect of showing each other around areas that were close to them, but he didn’t mind it. “You know how to chop firewood? Shit. I’m impressed. I’ve had a fireplace for nearly a decade and I barely use it because I’m awful at chopping firewood. I typically just buy it.” He chuckled softly, smiling wide as he looked over at her. There was a certain sense of comfort in talking to her.

Before their conversation could continue, the waiter finally appears and greets them before asking for their respective orders. “I’ll take a Manhattan for myself and I have a question for you,” he pauses and deters his eyes away from him to look at Serenity, “do you guys have soju?” The waiter confirms that they did as Ryan smiles and looks back at him. “Bring a small bottle of that out with two shot glasses too, please. Along with whatever my lovely companion here wants.”
UserPostedImage
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#14965 Posted : 27 September 2020 04:05:58(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Serenity nodded her head, understanding what its like to not be able to sit still sometimes. She was exactly the same. Traveling was one of her favorite things to do and how she hadn't managed to just buy homes everywhere for easier access is beyond her. "Yeah, I really loving finding new places and hidden treasures. I love my home and everything but there's nothing better than discovering new cities and just having fun." The way the pair of them talked, it as almost as if they had been used to one another's company which might have been due to their constant texting but sometimes it's different being with someone in person than over the phone but you couldn't tell right now with the way things were going.

"I'm not entirely sure if that's a compliment or not," She says, laughing a little when he states he can see her as a Suzy. "Great! It's a date then. I'm glad we're getting past the dinner and movie type of stage and going right into traveling outside of state and country borders. I know usually that's at least 6 months in for most people" she says with a sarcastic but light heartened tone. She was really looking forward to whatever adventure awaited the two of them. "Oh yes, any my cooking is kind of much better in the wilderness. I think it has to do with people just being so starved that anything tastes good which is a win for me." She laughs.

When the waiter arrives, Serenity gives her a little nod and a smile as Ryan orders. When he looks back at her and asks for the soju, she smirks a little then has a sort of impressed look as her eye brow raises a little. "Ohh, a man after my heart so boldly." She chuckles then turns her head to face the waiter. "I will have a Gin and Tonic, please and thank you."
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#14966 Posted : 27 September 2020 06:41:38(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

He chuckled at her remark. It was a bit wild that they were already talking about all these things that perhaps took time for most to discuss and plan out. “We don’t have to follow that particular norm. We are lucky enough to have the freedom to write our own story however we like. I’m certainly not knocking future dinners and movie nights that may come between us, but why not just say fuck it and be spontaneous? I’m not opposed to that.” He stated a bit jokingly as he shrugged his board shoulders with a grin perking at the corner of his lips. He had followed the typical dating structure that most people were used to and clearly none of those relationships worked for him, so now he was at a point where he didn’t mind being open to new prospects and experiences, in fact he welcomed them. “Is that so? You have some culinary talents? I’m not a master in the kitchen but I’ve learned how to make some dishes pretty well. I do have to bring you out to Montana because I live like forty minutes outside town, so it’s typically just easier to cook at home than go out to eat. I’ll get to see your wood chopping and cooking skills first hand.” He remarked with a smile. He didn’t want to think too far ahead but it was a definite plus that she was not opposed to the non-city life. A part of him would always be a city kid, but he had found the ease and comfort of the wilderness to be to his liking at this point in his life.

Once the waiter walks away with their drink orders, Ryan smiles and returns his gaze to Serenity. “I’ll admit this will just be my second experience with soju. The first time was while I was in Korea after I performed there. We all went to this traditional hole in the wall bar, nobody spoke English and we all only knew how to say hello and thank you in Korean. They just kept bringing us bottles of soju by the handful, one after another. I really don’t remember anything between being at the bar and getting on the plane back home the next day.” He said with a laugh, thinking back to that time. “Hopefully tonight goes slightly different than that because I don’t want to forget the company I’m with.” He commented with a grin and raised eyebrow, taking off his jacket and placing it beside him as he got himself more comfortable.
UserPostedImage
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#14967 Posted : 27 September 2020 22:25:02(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

"Well, I'm very good at Korean food. American food I still struggle with. Although I recently finally made the perfect omelet so I'm pretty proud of that accomplishment. And my French toast definitely belongs in someone's recipe book, so I've aced making breakfast foods." Serenity chuckles. She was used to either ordering out or eating at friends houses so she never really took time to learn how to properly cook. She only learned breakfast foods when she was younger and then when her career started taking off she figured she'd rather have someone cook for her than to be bothered with it. "But I love doing dishes so lose/win?" She smirks. She was excited to know that soon she'd be able to dive into his world in Montana and she was also excited to explore there since she had never been before or even heard much about it. "Question, will I need a cowboy hat and boots because I have both." Serenity laughs, proud of her unique fashion choices. She honestly would have worn them tonight but she figured that would be too much even for her.

"Oh, then I shall teach you the ways to enjoying good soju." Serenity puts the tips of her fingers together, as if she were concocting and evil plan and laughs. "Drinking is just the norm there. It's a cultural thing and it helps to break the ice or get people more out of their shell, and there's like a whole respect hierarchy that also goes along with it, it can be confusing. But some of my best memories involved friends and soju." She laughs at his joke. "Don't worry, I will purposefully remember everything and then hold it over you the next time we meet." Serenity smiles at him.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#14968 Posted : 28 September 2020 03:36:51(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

“I’m more than happy to try some home cooked Korean dishes. Again, my experience with Korean culture overall is limited to the few times I’ve been on tour over there. I’m not just some white guy who needs his good ol’ American food to be happy, you know.” He commented jokingly with a laugh. “The perfect omelette and a cookbook worthy french toast? Well, sounds like we may have to have a sleepover soon so I can experience this incredible breakfast you speak of.” Ryan raised his eyebrow and chuckled. He laughed when she brought up the outfit she thought she would need to pull out for Montana. “It is not a requirement, but you’d fit right in with the locals if you wore a cowboy hat and boots. I would absolutely love to see that. I’m sure you could pull it off with ease.”

Ryan listened carefully as she explained the drinking culture in Korea. “If drinking is the norm, then I’m already off to a good start when it comes to assimilating with the culture. Ideally, I just don’t want to make an ass of myself, so I’m glad you can teach me the ways. I have a great deal of respect for things like that. When I’m in a new country I don’t want to assume that I know better than anyone.” Before he could continue on, the waiter came back with their respective drink orders, placing them carefully before them while putting down the soju bottle and shot glasses at the center of the table. “Thank you,” he said softly as the waiter backtracked away to leave them alone once again. “I think it is only fair I let you do the honors with the soju, so I won’t touch that.” He said chuckling. He picked up his cocktail and brought it up carefully across the table. “Cheers to... shall we just call this our first official date?”
UserPostedImage
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#14969 Posted : 28 September 2020 05:43:25(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Serenity laughs. "I believe you. Hey, I know people love to travel to different places for different reasons. As long as you're being respectful, who am I judge?" She starts to fidget with her bracelet while listening to him. "A sleepover? I do love sleepovers. Will we wear cute pajamas and talk up all night and braid each others hair while talking about about attractive people?" Serenity giggles at the thought, obviously joking with him. She was a little excited that he was even considering a 'sleepover' with her, even if they were only at the beginning stages of whatever this was. "Oh, I will definitely wear them then. I would not want to stick out in such a small place and also look good while doing so." She also loved the idea of dressing up, it was one of her favorite past times. Her closet probably contained some interesting selections and she never really had a reason to wear a cowboy hat and boots so she was genuinely excited she would now.

"I would be happy to teach you. Since we're not in Korea though, it kind of doesn't matter but for the sake of consistency, I will teach you the 'rules' of drinking soju." Serenity smirks. As the waiter places their drinks, she thanks the waiter and then grabs her drink, returning the gesture of bringing it across the table. "Sure, to our first date." She smiles and then clinks her glass with his, taking a sip of her drink. "MMM, so good." She sets hers down and then grabs the soju and shot glasses in front of her. "So, there are actual rules to drinking when with others. It's all about respect. For example, you are never supposed to pour your own drink, someone older or more 'senior' than you is supposed to pour your drink as a sign of respect and then.." She pops the cap off of the soju bottle, using the end of the table and places the bottle in front of him. "And so you would pour a shot for me, and you should hold the glass with 2 hands as a sign of respect also. One hand is a little cocky. There's more in depth to that like I technically should turn away from you when drinking because I'm not "equal" or it sounds bad but it's not." She laughs listening to the words coming out of her mouth and realizing they could be taken the wrong way. "But we are super big on showing elders and people with seniority respect whether it be by age or how long you've been in the industry, etc. And you also are supposed to down your first shot so taking a sip is like a big no no. So, ready?" She smirks.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#14970 Posted : 28 September 2020 09:31:20(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

He laughs at her proposed idea for their ‘sleepover.’ “That’s not exactly what I had in mind for a night in together, but I’m sure we can work out some kind of compromise.” He grinned while running a hand through his hair. It was no secret that he enjoyed sex. He had certain songs under his name that were very sexually charged. But he was no longer trying to just score a one night stand and moving on. Ideally he wanted to have that aspect while at the same time also building a connection with someone.

He nodded his head with a smile as she agreed to their cheers for a first date, taking a sip of his own drink savoring it for a moment. Ryan listened closely as she explained the details and customs for drinking in Korea. It was a lot of information at once but he understood the importance of it, even if they were not in the country, to follow it and respect it. “Well it sounds like a constant reminder that I’m old, but I guess the whole elder respect makes me feel wise beyond my years.” He said with a soft chuckle before taking the soju bottle in both hands and pouring a shot for Serenity. “So, since there is nobody at the table older than me, do I pour my own drink?” He questioned aloud while looking over at her as he tried to follow the tradition to a tee. “You don’t have to worry about me sipping a shot. It will go back very quickly. It’s from years of wisdom and twenty plus years of drinking as a hobby.” He explained with a smirk, leaning forward in his seat. He was very curious in learning more about not just Korea, but overall about Serenity and what made her unique. Aside from any physical attributes, the best way to capture his attention was getting him invested in the conversation which she was succeeding in thus far this evening. He was long-winded and he liked to be challenged intellectually.
UserPostedImage
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#14971 Posted : 28 September 2020 10:50:23(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

"Well I'm up for any version you've got in mind." She winks at him then chuckles. Serenity wasn't very shy about enjoying sex and she had no judgements on whether it being a one night stand or something more. She wasn't sure where his head was but she was willing to accommodate what he wanted at the time.

"Yes, you can or I can pour your drink also. Some people aren't that strict about it." She laughs at him stating drinking was a hobby of his. Truth be told, Serenity also loved drinking and having a good time. She had also become very good at holding her liquor, for a while that is. She did have her limits and alcohol also tended to make her very flirty so she usually knew when to have a grip on it. "Yay, a new drinking buddy perhaps?" She sticks out her tongue a little then holds her shot glass with both hands toward him as a show of respect. "Also, there's a ton of drinking games we play but I won't pull out all of my tricks just yet!"
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#14972 Posted : 28 September 2020 13:32:01(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

“I guess we shall see what kind of night the soju gives us.” He said in his usual suave tone, running a hand over his stubble, a sly smirk on his lips. He was never going to turn down a good time if it came by, that much of his known reputation held true and he wasn’t exactly shy about it.

He grinned and raised an eyebrow as she stated that they could possibly be drinking buddies. Ryan enjoyed drinking and didn’t make a secret about it. He was not an alcoholic, but he held a high appreciation for liquor having a full bar at his home that could rival an actual pub and a wine collection in his basement that was worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. “I will never turn down the opportunity to have a few drinks with a beautiful woman.” He responded with a soft smile. “You know, this whole respecting your elder thing will take a bit for me to get used to. I just feel like I keep being reminded that I’m old.” He said with a laugh as he poured himself a shot with both hands as well before setting the bottle down. “You’ll have to show me some of those drinking games because most of the ones I know can’t be played in a public setting. They all involve the removal of clothing or certain acts that may be frowned upon by others in a crowd.” Ryan titled his head and chuckled, finally taking his own shot glass in his hands and gazing at her with a smirk. “So, now are we allowed to drink?”
UserPostedImage
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#14973 Posted : 29 September 2020 22:16:37(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Serenity nodded her head in agreement to his statement. She was also interested to see how the night would go after taking a few shots and having some open conversations.

She laughed a little at him calling her a beautiful woman. Serenity was one of the most confident women you could meet, and she never really turned down a compliment but she wasn't THAT cocky about it. Sometimes it shocked people to see someone actually knowing what they deserve in life and not shy about saying it. "Truth be told, you should consider yourself lucky this beautiful woman is also a champion drinker." She chuckles, joking. She was far from being able to compete with the best when it came to storing her drinks but she could hang with some of the best at least. When he makes a joke about the drinking games she knows, she looks up at him, more intrigued than before. "I don't know them but they sound like my favorite already. Ours are just college friendly, reveal your crush while drunk or drink until your liver shuts down type of games. I don't recall any nakedness, unfortunately." She giggles before nodding. "Yes! How about...cheers to the evening already being one of the best, at least for me, in a long time." She holds her cup to his as it makes a soft clinking sound and then she turns her head slightly while downing her shot. She makes a scrunched up motion with her face and then laughs. "Still as strong as ever."

OOC: So sorry, yesterday was a time consuming day for me and I didn't have a chance to reply Crying
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#14974 Posted : 30 September 2020 00:26:43(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

One of the things that Ryan found sexiest in a woman was confidence. He felt like the appeal of fixing somebody who was 'broken' had waned over the years, albeit that was a bit selfish of him as he had a lot of problems and demons that he would have to explain to any future serious partner. "Oh, trust me. I am certainly not taking the company I'm with for granted right now." He smirked, biting a corner of his bottom lip slightly. "Drink until your liver shuts down? Now that just sounds like my typical night out, so I guess I'm usually winning that game already." He smiled at her cheers before downing her glass of soju, gazing down for a second and nodding his head in agreement. "I can say the same, cheers to that." He downs his own cup, exhaling out of his mouth as the liquor goes down his windpipe. "Ah, that lovely burn," he states with a laugh, taking a sip of his cocktail that somehow serves as a chaser right now. "I'll have to show some of those drinking games I know, probably in a more intimate setting." He suggested with a small grin, a hand resting on his glass.

"So, if I'm being completely honest right now, if this is in fact a date... I haven't been on one of these in a traditional sense in a very long time." He knew the words coming out of his mouth could be taken as a surprise or even a straight up lie by some given his reputation, but it was an attempt to be open and honest from him which he has struggled with in the past.

OOC: You're totally fine! It happens! No need to apologize :)
UserPostedImage
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#14975 Posted : 30 September 2020 02:43:06(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

"It's great until the hangover next morning." Serenity laughs. "I feel like my head could literally rip open. Luckily, we have remedies for that which is also disguised as a yummy breakfast." She smirks. Serenity takes another sip of her gin and tonic and listens to Ryan talking about showing her drinking games privately. She looked up at him and laughed. "Of course. I may be a free spirit but not quite that free yet." She takes another sip of her drink before listening to him again talk about his dating or lack thereof.

"Well, Mr. Hernandez, it might come as a shock to you but I haven't been out on a date in over.....3 years. So we'll both probably be terrible at it." She laughs, feeling relieved that she wasn't the only one that's not had a foot in the dating game for a while. "Don't worry, I honestly just feel like as long as everything is just good vibes and no red flags then it'll be fine. So far I'm feeling very, very good about our potential future." She tips her glass a little towards him and then drinks from it again. She was thoroughly enjoying herself and she was not one to stress out much if things went awry.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#14976 Posted : 30 September 2020 04:53:22(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

"Ah, a hangover just means you've exercised this drinking hobby to the fullest extent. I feel like a hangover can kill me, but it never does. Twenty years in and I'm still kicking, baby." Ryan grinned, enjoying the general carefree and energetic vibe that radiated off her. It didn't seem like anything was off the table for her and he liked that. It kept him on his toes. "I'll need to test out some of these remedies you have for a hangover though, because I have yet to find one that works for me. In doing so though, we must drink a lot more tonight. How terrible." He remarks sarcastically, tipping his glass over to her with a sly smirk.

"Ha, funny enough it's been about 3 years for me too." He was surprised to learn that both were on the same boat when it came to how long they haven't dated. That wasn't to say that it had been as long since he last had sex because he would have likely lost his mind if that were the case. He takes another sip from his glass, having just a small amount of liquid left in it. "If I may ask, what kept you out of the dating scene for so long? I'm sure it's not a lack of suitors." He asked her, genuinely curious to hear the answer given the fact that she was beautiful and in her twenties, what he would consider the prime time to date around.
UserPostedImage
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#14977 Posted : 30 September 2020 06:04:07(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

"Honestly, we must be doing it right if we are still alive." Serenity laughs before finishing up her drink and setting the glass back down on the table. Most guys might not like when a woman drinks too much and is open about it but she was glad that Ryan seemed more relaxed on the issue and saw the positive side of having a female friend to drink with. She wasn't out of control or anything she just knew how to have fun and unwind every once in a while.

"Oh wow, really?" Serenity was honestly shocked that he hadn't dated in 3 years. But then again there were times when she had been dating and she was very good at not letting it get out, at least to tabloids and paparazzi. When he asked about her reasoning for being out of the dating scene so long, she smirked. "Truth be told, I'm just sort of picky I guess. Or maybe guys don't like my standards. Also, I didn't really try to date during the past 2 years honestly. I was really trying to work on music and take some time for myself. Sometimes I get so intimidated by dating but then I also feel like it's what you make of it, you know? It can be completely miserable if you have such a negative outlook or it can be fun and adventurous if you don't take it too seriously." She smiled, knowing that she was at that point in her life where she did want to enjoy dating but she didn't want it to be her number one priority. She would be happy single, taken, married, whatever may come but she wouldn't let either define who she was as a person. "What about you?'
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#14978 Posted : 30 September 2020 07:00:25(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

"Yeah, hard to believe coming from me, huh?" He responded soon after with a chuckle. He listened to her explain why she had not dated in so long, able to relate where she was coming from. "There's definitely nothing wrong with having standards you want met or taking time for yourself. You know what you deserve and enjoy, why settle for less?" He smirked, that trademark sly smirk that was either punchable or a charm depending on who you asked.

He thought for a moment when she asked his reasonings for being out of the dating game for so long. "It honestly felt like I was stuck in this space where I was dating nonstop. It's been like four or five years since my last serious relationship and after that I felt like I had this sort of ticking clock in my head where I needed to find someone before I hit forty. For whatever reason I had this mindset that once I was forty, that was it. I was destined to be alone forever if I was not in a committed relationship," he paused for a moment and chuckled before continuing on with his stream of consciousness, "so about three years ago I was having dates scheduled four or five times a week. It wasn't even with women I liked most of the time, it was just trying to have a connection click and go from there. I was exhausted because it made dating not fun anymore. I wasn't doing it for the right reasons. I just felt very selfish trying to force a connection. I needed a break from it." He explained, realizing that this was the first time that he had actually opened about that. "I also needed time to get away from all the noise. I was dealing with some pretty bad anxiety and all these other things happening in my life. I only wanted to go back to making music. I got a little sick of seeing my face in places." He scoffed softly, running a hand through his pitch black hair.

Ryan grabbed her empty shot glass and filled it up with soju, following the tradition to do so as Serenity explained to him earlier. "In the spirit of honesty, I'm glad we were able to cross paths at the FCAs and get to this point. I'm no longer in the business of overthinking or looking too far ahead, I'm just happy to be here with you." He said with a smile, just as the waiter came back to check on them. "Umm, I'll take a whiskey sour this time, please."
UserPostedImage
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#14979 Posted : 30 September 2020 22:23:48(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

"Exactly. I know I can't predict the future and how things will turn out but I'd like to have some kind of control, you know? If I know a person is not going to be a good fit for me, why waste my time and their time?" Serenity shrugged, believing that her reasoning made perfect sense. She knew there was a difference between having fun and then just kicking a dead horse.

She listened attentively to him speaking about his reasonings for not dating and she was able to relate to most of what was said. She herself was almost 30 and even though it wasn't as big of a deal, back in her home country being 30 with no husband or children is almost seen as somewhat of a failure or either you're damaged goods. She wasn't that much of a traditional person in that she was more open to different customs but she could relate to being a certain age and just thinking she was just meant to be single. "Ah, been there before. At some point you just feel like you're paying people to talk to you." She laughs a little. Hearing that he was struggling from anxiety, it made her empathize. Even though she didn't suffer from it, she could understand just wanting to focus on music. She had always felt like she as somewhere in limbo. It wasn't as if she wasn't proud of her artistry but sometimes something felt missing and she wanted to discover that.

"Yes! Can you believe it was a last minute decision of mine to even attend? I'm also glad I actually went." Serenity smiled and then looked up at the waiter, ordering herself a martini. "The feeling is very mutual."
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#14980 Posted : 01 October 2020 04:48:43(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Ryan nodded his head as he heard her speak, all valid points she was making. It felt as if their connection got slightly stronger given the fact that they both are in similar places from their recent lack of dating to their overall current mentality on it. The fifteen year age gap was not something that seemed that relevant, although that was something that truly never crossed his mind when he was seeing someone. “There are just these unrealistic expectations set for people that adds all this pressure to dating. All these unwritten rules that you must follow. I say, fuck that. If this was going terribly I rather you just tell me and we both move on.” He shrugged, cracking a small grin, getting the feeling that this was going rather well for both of them.

“Yeah, exactly. It is a bit ridiculous forcing yourself into that headspace to follow the norms. It’s almost like it’s a crime to be single.” He chuckled and rolled his eyes. He had plenty of friends who were married and had kids, which was fine as long as it worked for them. Ryan never saw himself as that person, at least not yet. He didn’t want to be a bachelor for the rest of his life, but he was also in no rush to get married regardless of his age. He still felt young despite the gray hairs he finds on his head every now and then.

Ryan nodded his head and smiled hearing her talk about their chance run in backstage at the award show. “I say cheers to that.” He remarked and raised his glass up to kick back another shot of soju. “It’s interesting because I was so caught up in my own world, so focused on the performance, I didn’t even walk the carpet or go to any afterparty. Yet, I so clearly remember seeing you.” He hated the saying that everything happened for a reason, but this may ring true with that. Did he expect to be sitting across Serenity a month ago? Of course not. And without that meeting, it may have never happened.
UserPostedImage