logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

754 Pages«<745746747748749>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline erich hess  
#14921 Posted : 08 January 2020 05:41:57(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17917 time(s) in 10411 post(s)
"Oh." Dallas says softly. He suddenly wished the cat wasn't being a bastard and was still on the bed. So Dallas grabs the next best thing,a pillow,and sits in a cross legged position on the bed. He hugs the pillow and rests his chin on it. It smells slightly of dustyn's shampoo. So it smells wonderful. He expected many things, but not this. If dallas was going to joke to himself,it'd been dustyn had received news that Billy was killed. But he wasn't joking to himself. Dusty had just said weekend was over. " shit. That is awful. But...maybe it's for the best?" Dallas says softly. He knew this wasn't what dustyn wanted to hear,or even what he really wanted to say. But hearing that at least 3 of the 5 members wanted out... That is a big percentage. Dallas could only assume there were some deeply unhappy people in weekend. " if oscar and Scott want out...maybe weekend has run its course? I mean...how many pop groups stay together into adulthood?" Dallas says softly to dustyn. It seemed to go with the territory of the genre. In adulthood, the group split and not everyone goes on to stardom. Of course, Dallas had no worries about dustyn. He may have a bias, but dustyn had talent outside the group. Scott,Oscar,and Riley....dallas wasn't so sure of.

Dallas looks at dustyn only briefly. It felt too intimate to look at his face now. The man's entire world was falling down and all Dallas could do was be there for him. Dallas' own band didn't formally break up. They just stopped. So he didn't know how to handle people just up and saying they were done. " it...no. It doesn't matter." Dallas says with a shake of his head. " a duo would be a terrible idea. God forbid you replace people. It sucks, but the other 3 made the decision for you and Riley. Either retire or go solo." Dallas says as sensibly as he can. It was his job to keep things in perspective,right?
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline BrownSugar  
#14922 Posted : 08 January 2020 06:34:37(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19122 time(s) in 7592 post(s)
"We still have a tour to go on," Dustyn says rather bluntly like he doesn't quite believe that sentence. How can they continue on until the summer, going about their business, giving fans false hope and knowing that three of them are totally walking away for good at the end of it? "We've also got a Greatest Hits coming and some new material to record for that. A compilation album. Should've seen the split coming, really," Dustyn says with a sad chuckle. The plan was always to release their third album, tour, do a best of album and then go on hiatus. Formally departing and selling off label shares was never in the cards. The boys have their reasons but it does seem like betrayal to Dustyn in many regards. "If they were going to do this...I wish they would've waited until after tour," Dustyn sighs and runs a hand through his hair. It's similar to his take on dying. Dustyn would much rather be killed instantly than learn he has so many weeks or months to live. The band might still be going on but now there's a time limit on it and he's only thinking about that date drawing closer. Going on knowing that three members don't want to be there hurts.

"That band changed my life. You know how things were for me before I joined. I was the boy trapped in a village and then I was Dustyn from Weekend. I'm happy being him. I'm happy writing Weekend songs. I'm happy seeing those four boys practically every day. I'm happy travelling the world with my best friends. I...I've been doing this for like 8/9 years. I don't know anything different. I don't WANT to do anything different." It might sound a little selfish of him but this is a decision that was made for him by other people. He hasn't had time to process and plan things. Dustyn is ever the optimist and somewhat naive. Weekend is a good thing and has provided security both financially and emotionally. All good things come to an end, however. "Oscar believes it's time to sign off on a high rather than crash and burn. Scott is approaching 30 and says he doesn't want to keep doing this and then start his own life in his forties or fifties. I get that...I really do...but...it's just so out of the blue. I just...I can't believe that after EVERYTHING we've achieved, overcome and seen over the years, it was just put to a stop on a rainy Tuesday in London." Dustyn stops the sniffling and is taken aback by a sudden realisation after saying that out loud. Weekend actually formed on a rainy Tuesday in London. Maybe the writing was on the wall from the start.

"Go solo?" Dustyn asks with a dismissive laugh. That's never crossed his mind. While he loves to write and perform, doing it alone sounds so bleak and scary. To go from sharing everything with a rowdy bunch of best friends to doing it all alone would be too much of a culture shock for him. "That'd be too much for me. I don't even want to walk away from the label but I can't imagine working with anyone besides my boys. I'd rather just...I don't know...drop the whole music thing altogether and...go live somewhere off the grid and make my own bread." While it's a bit of a joke, that lifestyle probably is the best decision he could make. Staying in the same industry and business circles would cause him a lot of distress. He's an all or nothing kind of guy and if Weekend isn't a sure thing, he'd be best to remove himself from everything music related. Hanging onto things and having false hope would only hurt him more.

Edited by user 08 January 2020 06:35:14(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

Offline erich hess  
#14923 Posted : 08 January 2020 10:17:00(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

dallas widens his eyes at the prospect of them still having a tour to go on. "jesus christ." he mutters before taking a deep breath. "thats going to be the most awkward tour ever. i'd rather answer the kids' questions on where babies come from." he sympathetically pats dustyn,but more with humor than sympathy. "i am so glad you are doing this. i'd end up pulling my beard out,making a rope out of it,and strangling those quitters." dallas chuckles to dustyn lightly. while he did mention the limited shelf life of dustyn's craft,he is loyal to his husband. so,of course,takes his side. "totally shitty of them to not wait until after. i mean,cmon seriously?" dallas exclaims in amazement. it was poor planning on the trio's part. there was no way this tour was going to go smoothly now.

it was hard to hear dustyn put into words just what the band meant to him. it was only natural he'd feel some sort of abandonment from the other members. while he was sure dustyn didnt want to hear it,dallas agreed in a way. " oscar kinda has a point,dust. an artist is only as good as their last work. going out on a high casts that moment in time in stone.it'll always be there and you guys will always be great. if these guys are so...i dunno,bitter? that they would just up and do this before a tour? maybe it saves you from being attached to something sub par?" dallas tries to say and put a somewhat positive face to this for dustyn. music was sort of catching lightning in a bottle. you fuck it up and you become yesterday's papers.

dallas wasnt going to push the issue of dustyn going solo. if he wanted to,he would. if not? well that just meant more dustyn for dallas. "maybe a break would do you good. get out of london and all the memories. start completely new. i dont know,some where like bali or something." he wasnt exactly sure of the particulars,but it sounded the exact opposite of london.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline BrownSugar  
#14924 Posted : 08 January 2020 11:07:47(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"What scares me most is...how calm they are. We've had many fights over the years. People get dramatic, don't answer calls for a day or two, say that they're leaving and that they hate so and so. They never actually do it. So for them to be so sure of it, armed with documents and everything...and for Billy to actually agree with something Oscar put on the table...it really hit home just how serious they are about wanting to go." Dustyn sighs and rests his head on Dallas' shoulder. He hates this. Everything is falling apart, it involves people he loves and the kicker is that they're doing this for their own happiness. He can't be mad at them for wanting to go down a different path. Even his best friend Billy, who's usually a loudmouth, didn't kick off. He sat with the information, thought about it and then came to a conclusion. If Billy's not up in arms then it's very telling that it's a lost cause.

Dustyn's phone pings and lights up with a message from Scott "I'm so sorry, Dustyn. The last thing I ever wanted to do was hurt you. I love you. Please call me when you get the chance." Dustyn doesn't even read the message, not wanting to talk to any of them and also fearing it might be Riley delivering the final nail in the coffin. He doesn't want to deal with it right now so he turns his phone upside down and moves it to the bedside table. "I'm going to be an emotional mess each and every night of this fucking tour. I dread to imagine the final show," Dustyn says, still wiping the odd runaway tear from his cheek. Dallas knows just how emotional and sentimental he gets when performing. This tour is going to be a killer for him. "We'll soldier on through the shows. We're professionals. Somewhat."

"Do you even know where Bali is?" Dustyn asks with a little laugh. He sure as hell doesn't know either. "I don't know. Not sure of the specifics but I know that if Weekend's coming to an end, I don't want to stay in the same circles. I don't want to be bombarded with paparazzi, being asked when I'm releasing my own album and having them press for dirt on the other boys. Oh and I'm sure as hell not stagnating in London waiting on Dancing With The Stars to come knocking. That's just bleak." Dustyn reaches around and starts to stroke Dallas' beard. It soothes him. "Getting away would be nice. I tend to start each new chapter by moving to a new location. A bit like that Red Dead game you play. Ah...my gang's falling apart, eh?" he says with a sigh.
UserPostedImage

Offline erich hess  
#14925 Posted : 09 January 2020 00:36:24(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

After listening to dustyn,Dallas sighs lightly and looks up to the ceiling. There are no answers there. He really didn't feel right giving his input on band politics. " with all that,it kind of sounds like this was coming down the pipes for awhile now. They came prepared" he replies sadly. He knew this was breaking dustyn's heart. It had to feel like breaking up with a long time lover. ..no. Probably worse. More like that long time lover just up and leaving one day. Dallas rests his chin on the side of dustyn's head. " it's some bullshit."

Dallas' eyes perk up at the phone and dustyn's reaction to it. He must he upset to not even really check what it says. " I.. I can come with you,if you want?" Dallas offers dustyn. " I can earn my keep by dusting the tour Bus. I refuse to wear a French maid outfit, but will compromise with some short shorts." He laughs, trying to bring dustyn's spirits up. It so hard to see him so upset.

" no clue. But it sounds exotic. So I'm thinking the south Pacific." Dallas grins. He has no clue about bali's location. But feels he might be sort of close. He grimaced at the mention of dancing with the stars. Dallas always hated the idea of that show. It didn't even sound like it should be real. It sounded more like a show homer Simpson would be watching. " I forbid that show,dust. We're a bit brother family,mister!" He says with over the top firmness. "I think your gang has been lead by Dutch with the level of falling apart here. I don't think cuba is a good option for us."
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#14926 Posted : 09 January 2020 02:02:46(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"Also...like...unsure about business things like trademarks and stuff. Five Pesky Kids owns the Weekend brand but if we sell our shares of the company and new people come in...does that mean they own the Weekend name?" Dustyn asks quizzically. He's not too clued up or that interested in the business side of things but he'd rather find out sooner than later. This is important stuff. "Uh, this is not how things were supposed to go. I thought that we'd go on for much longer and just take breaks when it was needed. We were a band that defied expectation and the odds. Sad that we're ending like others." Dustyn snuggles into Dallas, not really expecting a reply to that. He's just airing out thoughts.

Dustyn smiles softly and kisses Dallas on the cheek. "As much as I love you and would like to see you in very short shorts, I think we need this tour for ourselves. If it's the last run then I think it's important we make the most of it together. Also, if you came it'd mean you'd have to travel around with Billy. I know how you feel about him." Dallas doesn't vocalise his dislike for Billy out of respect for his friendship with his husband but Dustyn is no fool. He knows that Dallas has no time for the man. Bringing that tension on tour is the last thing he wants.

"Shay is still in school. Not sure if I want to fuck around with that," Dustyn says with a little sigh in regards to travelling. "Would be nice to go somewhere like that for a bit though. Could clear my head while I figure out what I want to do next. Could also tan my Irish cheeks too," Dustyn giggles, definitely perking up a little. "I'm guessing this is us entering our Beecher's Hope chapter, huh?"
UserPostedImage

Offline erich hess  
#14927 Posted : 09 January 2020 03:30:12(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Dallas gives a nod.he he understands dustyn wanting to go this final tour alone. " ill miss those kisses while you're gone." Dallas smiles and leans into the kiss. Inwardly Dallas did see the bright side of dustyn not being around Billy as much in the future. Even knowing he was around dustyn irritated Dallas.

"Whichever you choose." Dallas says with a shrug. While dustyn would probably do well with getting out of London, shays schooling was a concern. Switching schools does suck and Dallas wouldn't want to push towards that. " both cheeks could get tanned." Dallas grins happily. Someplace sunny would be a nice change of pace. Chicago was a lot like London in a way. The man seemed to go from gloomy to gloomy.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#14928 Posted : 28 March 2020 04:11:04(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Micah jogs along Neptune Quay with his earphones in, making use of his daily exercise time allowed by the government in the quarantine. Despite the killer virus going around the world, he sort of enjoys the peace and quiet when outdoors nowadays. He's very into his fitness and while the docks provide some great scenery for a run or jog, it's usually far too busy to properly enjoy it. This is nice. Risk of catching a deadly virus aside. As he turns the corner and enters further into the Ipswich Haven Marina, Micah's stomach drops and he stops dead in his tracks. He can't be sure for certain as the ship is further out than he's allowed to venture but, judging by the size, condition and the multiple Google image searches, Micah is 90% positive that it's The Duke. It can't be...yet...there it sits. Out of all the places in the world, it's here...in the middle of a pandemic. What are the chances. Where's a pair of binoculars when you need them?

Micah sits down on a bench, taking the weight off of his quaking legs and trying to think about his next move. That area is restricted, he can't be seen out loitering in this quarantine and he isn't sure what to do now that reality has set in. For the last three months, Micah has been thinking about this man. Erich Hess. Ever since finding out about him, Micah has thought countless times about what he would say to Erich and all the questions that he has for him. All of that has gone out the window. All that's on his mind right now is that damned boat actually being sat there. Micah sighs and takes out his earphones. Listening to Chicago Nobody singing about having sex and snorting coke isn't exactly helping the mood.
UserPostedImage

Offline erich hess  
#14929 Posted : 28 March 2020 04:32:38(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Erich has been at sea a little too long. Like most of the moronic people in America: no punk ass virus was going to tell him what to do. Also, he was desperately low on fuel and the Duke was too God damned big to row. With all that was going on,the docks were fairly deserted. The workers didn't protest when the Duke slid into the open slip. Anchor was dropped, ship lines were fixed to cleats.

Erich pondered unloading one of the cars so he could get around faster, but he was more than a little drunk and stopped driving while intoxicated since Ada returned to his life. With a grunt and a sigh, he hit the greasy button that lowered the ship's walkway. The grey sky of Ipswich seemed blinding as it entered the dark hold of the duke. Maybe walking was a good idea anyway. This seaside town looked quaint. Like something from Pete's Dragon. Erich grabbed a bottle of rum and headed out.
"Fill'er up, my good man." He called out to the dock worker. A very confused man. The Duke was very run down looking, but he didn't expect someone used it as personal transport.

Erich nodded at the Duke and went off to see what trouble he could get into. He'd possibly see how many yard ornaments he could rearrange before any one caught him.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#14930 Posted : 28 March 2020 05:34:05(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Micah's stomach leaps as he sees a figure walk closer from the docks. As it comes into focus, it is indeed Erich Hess. This can't be happening. Stranger things have happened in the world like Donald Trump being elected as President and Scott Wellington landing a record deal but this...this is still a very odd turn of events. It's like destiny. Or cruel fate. Micah can feel himself physically shaking and going cold. He's either panic stricken by the thought of this man being mere metres away or has just been struck down with Coronavirus. This is all happening too fast. As much as he has wanted to talk to him for months, now that the opportunity is here, he's too scared. He can't get his thoughts straight and this is too soon. He's found himself thrown in at the deep end. Micah only went out for a jog. As unprepared and terrified as he is, Micah knows that this opportunity may never arise again. When Erich walks past him, Micah springs up for the bench and blurts out "Excuse me, sir? Are...are you Erich Hess?".
UserPostedImage

Offline erich hess  
#14931 Posted : 28 March 2020 07:31:31(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

in spite of being relatively famous,it was surprisingly rare people recognized him outside of a music venue. even less so when he was as he was today: still shirtless,still in his henry rollins shorts,still wild eyed and haired. but,the man had a unique way about himself,so it was possible for those in the know. before being jolted back to reality,erich had been lost in his thoughts. especially wondering if he locked the doors leading to the inner parts of the duke. there was a small fortune of chemicals and weapons in there. he'd certainly be looking at charges if anyone went in there. but instead,he was now wondering why this small man was approaching him. "why?" he asked accusingly at micah. " i havent done anything yet. " he spouts,clutching his flask tightly. no god damned wino was getting his liquor. there was a pandemic going on.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#14932 Posted : 28 March 2020 08:24:20(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Micah takes his nervous hands out of his pockets just to confirm that he's not concealing a weapon and planning to mug Erich. Not that Micah looks anything like a mugger. He's far too short. Plus his enunciation and the fact that he called Erich "sir" also removed any doubt. He's definitely a university type. "No, I'm not accusing you of anything...". Micah looks him over. This man doesn't seem to age. He looks exactly the same as in the photos his mother showed him. "I um....sorry, this is bizarre..." Micah lets out a nervous laugh and scratches his eyebrow. He's got Erich's attention but isn't sure where to go with it. How the hell does he start this conversation off? He has to be smart and reel him back in. The man already looks on edge and they're near the docks. If he tells him what he really wants to tell him, someone might end in the water. "Uh...the singer, right? I...I...uh I believe you knew my mum?" Micah steps forwards and takes his wallet out of his pocket, fumbling as he opens it. He takes out a small picture of his mother and holds it out to Erich. "She...she used to travel around with you for a bit about 20 years ago. Elsie Delisle."
UserPostedImage

Offline erich hess  
#14933 Posted : 28 March 2020 09:02:26(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

erich narrows his eyes at this increasingly strange man. did he think erich traveled from the usa with the intention of infecting the uk with more corona virus? erich lets his eyes roam around the place and sees they are alone...it'd be easy for this guy to pick him out of a line up if sickness later came. yeah.. erich should have taken a car,then this weird fucker wouldnt be speaking to him. "bizarre would be if we both dropped our pants and recited the same monty python sketch by pure chance." erich states. this was done out of probable misplaced effort to calm this man. flashes of john lennon getting shot by some dude flashed in erich's mind. erich never abused his wife,so hopefully that karma would save him from a lennon fate. "tv's erich hess. yup. that is me. i do the singing thing as well." erich confirms. mentally he made a note to make sure his tombstone referred to him as tv's erich hess. erich sort of stated to protest knowing this guy's mom,he took a small step back and made a sound of protest. occasionally few people would claim to know him,jayne,or erica from the old days. erich may contain enough drugs to make iggy pop think twice,but he had a good memory for people.

erich doesnt touch the picture,but peers closely with squinted eyes. it was someone whom erich never expected to see again. "its far more accurate to say i traveled with her." erich laughs warmly and runs his hand through his dry hair. it was far easier without the pomade in it. "your mom,you say? fucking sweet woman." erich says without going further. he knew this man's mother far more than would be proper to say. most tales ended with then they banged. hard. erich had no misconceptions of what he and elsie had been to each other. it had been a relationship out of convenience. they certainly never kept in touch after the couple of tours they had been together on. "how has she been doing all this time?" erich asks,now studying the man a bit closer. he didnt resemble the elsie he had known.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#14934 Posted : 28 March 2020 09:51:50(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Micah feels some of the nerves lift when Erich seems to be conversing and also recognises his mother. Would've been awkward if he was an ignorant prick who walked on by or didn't recognise Elsie at all. He'd have to follow and harass him like some crazed fan. Thankfully he doesn't have to take this approach. Obviously Micah knows they did more than travel together. He's living proof. He isn't here for the gory details, however. It's the last conversation he'd ever want to have with Erich let alone be the first. "Yeah, that's mum..." he says with a soft smile, giving the photo another look before putting back into his wallet. When Erich asks how she's been doing, it catches him off guard. It's not an odd question to ask. It's just that, for Micah, it's still rather raw.
"Well she had a baby, moved to Ipswich, married...a couple of times, continued to sing around the towns for a bit..." Micah clears his throat, still finding the next bit difficult to say out loud. "She...uh...she passed away just at the start of the year..." Micah looks away for a moment, averting his gaze from Erich to the boats. It's just momentarily to fight back tears. He doesn't wish to cry in front of him, especially after two minutes of meeting him. "I was wondering if...maybe...we could talk about her. She never spoke much about those days. To me she was always just "mum". I'd really like if we could chat."
UserPostedImage

Offline erich hess  
#14935 Posted : 28 March 2020 10:22:37(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

"god dammit." erich says bitterly when learning of elsie's fate. he didnt ask or want to know how she met her end. it couldnt have been natural causes,the woman was either his age or slightly younger. if he hadnt met his end through drug overdose or misadventure yet,she shouldnt have either. "fucking hell...i should have..i dunno..checked on her or something." erich says more to himself than to micah. he lifts his hands and lets them fall back down. she didnt sound to have had that stable of a life after they parted. erich didnt even end up with more than one marriage. when he thought of this,he did consider seeing if ada wanted to do the marriage thing again."sorry for even asking." erich says after seeing micah was rather attached to his mother. it was weird for erich as his mother was still alive but he made it a point to never return her calls. too fucking bad,she had her chance while his dad was being a bastard. fuck her. erich nods at micah's request and nods towards the mostly empty dock area and starts walking. he puts his hands behind his head as he walks. it'd been ages since he thought of those days. "your mom was a cool fucking woman. i really forget the name of whatever band she was with at the time. they were certainly bigger than i was then. atomic war bride wasnt even thought of in those days. i had a punk rock group called the absinthe fiends. fucking bullshit little outfit. we ripped off the sex pistols and thats about the extent of it. i was about 18 and thought i had the world figured out and wanted to just burn it or myself down. maybe in an ideal world,both. elsie was always quick with some weed or acid. i dont know if you are wise to this,but acid isnt something you can just find with your local dealer. that was specialty shit. elsie always had some and was keen to share. being with the headliner,she really didnt need to hang out with my scruffy ass. but she did and we caused some chaos. i'd elaborate,but i dont know if the statute of limitations has been reached in some cases. but i will tell you this: the statue of winston churchill in parliament square aint the original. the original is in the thames." erich grins with a wink. he sighed with nostalgia. it was a shame this man only knew the woman as mom. from his tone,its very clear that elsie and erich were more than friends,even if it was only temporary.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#14936 Posted : 28 March 2020 11:20:12(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Micah nods and walks alongside Erich, still feeling rather apprehensive but it's more so the knowledge of the truth bomb that's about to come and less about Erich now. He seems nice. "Oh, you weren't to know. I understand that she didn't have much contact with you and others from around that time over the last 20 years. She never mentioned names until...well...it was one of the last conversations we had. I knew she travelled around and sang with others for a bit before I was born but you guys were always just that. "Others". She never said much else about those days but if it came up, she would have a smile on her face. She'd try to hide it but I could see it." Micah smiles, remembering his mother's joyful face. When Erich mentions weed and acid, he just nods. It's hardly a shock to him. "Yeah, sounds like mum." Micah laughs and thinks back to his childhood. Elsie was never a horrid drunk or chaotic addict. He just has very innocent memories of her being a bit buzzed and silly. "Mum was always life and soul of the party. Nothing changed there then. She loved a party. Even birthday parties I was invited to as a kid, she tagged along. I'd be playing on the bouncy castle and she'd be drinking a glass of chardonnay...on the bouncy castle too." It's evident that the tales of drug use don't faze him at all. Micah puts his hands into his pockets to protect them from the cold. Being by British waters doesn't exactly warm the soul. "So you knew my mum, huh?" Micah asks, knowing the answer fine well but looking for a way to move onto the topic of her and Erich. "It's OK, I'm not looking for gory details," Micah says with a chuckle, holding up his hands.
UserPostedImage

Offline erich hess  
#14937 Posted : 28 March 2020 11:53:10(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

as they walked,erich nodded along to micah. "yeah,she met erica once or twice,but that was about the extent of things."
erich said with a shrug. it was always sort of weird talking to people who knew the history of the people he knew. he'd never met these people,but they knew about erica,karoliena,etc. " chardonnay? well,at least she upgraded from the white ace we used to get." erich laughs halfheartedly. this woman who played a very real part in his early career was gone. this poor man was her son. he had no idea what caused her death,but he did sort of hope he could put some life back in the memories micah had of his mother. due to his own...issues,erich coudlnt drink around his daughter. he was very much an alcoholic and couldnt stop at a drink. but he wasnt the sort where he HAD to drink. he saw it as being sensible. what the purpose of drinking if one didnt get completely shitfaced? "drinking in a bouncy castle? that was elsie all right." erich laughs warmly while looking back at the duke. had she ever wanted to go on it? their lives had taken different directions,but he'd have never turned her away from joining in the good fortune he had found. erich was taken from what might have been to micah's question.... had he known elise? erich shoved his hands into his own pockets. it didnt feel right admitting it. even though there was near a decade between knowing elise and being with ada. it still felt wrong. " um..." erich started. erich hess the persona and erich the person were two different people. the real erich had problems and concerns,while the persona of erich had none. how could he tell this man,oh yeah. he totally fucked his mom. a lot. "um...yeah? we were barely adults and...well..we didnt have anyone else nearby. people have needs..." erich stammers. really not liking saying this.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#14938 Posted : 28 March 2020 12:52:59(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"I'm guessing that you weren't exactly love's young dream?" Micah asks with a chuckle. He's well aware this his mother wasn't exactly lucky in love. "It's OK, I'm not going to be mad or anything. My mum...she...she didn't have the best track record with guys. She tried to settle down many times but things always went a bit...wobbly." On the subject of her love life and Erich not knowing what became of her over the last two decades, Micah decides that there's no harm in talking about her marriages. She was an open book. He's hardly going to be tarnishing her memory. Elsie married several times and had a few other relationships in between. Whenever she was somewhat comfortable, something would come along and shake things up. "She married a guy called Noah in 2002. I was raised Jewish because of that relationship," he says with a chuckle. That was one of her wildest moves. "Nice guy. I don't remember any drama. I just remember him being there and then...not. Mum said they just drifted. I met him again last year. Again, was nice enough but it was awkward. A lot of time passed. We didn't have much in common. It's a shame because he was the only one I liked." Micah lets out a nostalgic sigh. "She remarried in 2006. Some guy called Derek. He was a nightwatchman. Hardly seen the guy. I only remember that he liked war documentaries and that is bald head was really shiny. I think that lasted less than a year. She got back into singing after that. She'd perform a lot of covers in bars. Wasn't exactly as wild as her group days but it was a nice little income and she was happy - getting to sing every other night."

Micah clears his throat and looks down at his shoes as the memories start to sour. "She gave the music up again in 2012. Gave it all up for Charlie. See, at the time, I liked him. One thing about my mum was that she always made sure I was happy. She always had a smile on her face. He left about two years later and it wasn't until a few years down the line when I realised how manipulative he was. After him, she was burnt out. Didn't want to return to the stage and she gave up on marriage. Sad to think about how worn out she was with everything but, if anything, those years out of work brought us even closer. We had even more time together. She was like my best friend." Micah smiles, thinking about the relationship they had. Oddly enough, Micah doesn't mention to Erich who his dad is.
UserPostedImage

Offline erich hess  
#14939 Posted : 28 March 2020 13:28:57(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

erich simply shrugs at micah's question. " meh. we werent like a proper couple or anything. if i wasnt in a band,even a band a shitty as the absinthe fiends were,i doubt she'd have given me the time of day." erich says awkwardly. " she wanted adventure." he finishes sadly. it felt like unreached potential after hearing about how unlucky she was in love after the band years. was that man mentioned bald by choice or was he some bald fuck who's idea of a wild night was watching a different news channel? "i guess she and i had the same taste. my daughter is raised Jewish as well. small world,eh? "erich replies with another look back at the duke. this was starting to be less than fun and he wanted to leave. it was hard to wrap one's head around that everything didnt work out for some people. the more micah spoke,the more erich felt guilty that his experience in life was anything but ordinary. yet this woman whom he spent a lot of happy hours with seemed to flounder in mediocrity. a fucking security guard? how did one go from living the rock and roll lifestyle to that? erich looked at the ground angrily and realized that he and erica shared the urge to save the world. elise deserved better than that. ..but maybe she wanted stability and thats what real life is. with the current pandemic,erich didnt know when he'd have a real show next. some people may not like having that hanging over them. "i love wings of the luftwaffe as much as the next man,but i'd hate that to be my defining feature." erich chuckles softly. he really doesnt know what to say to this man. the most he could do was to share warm feelings about a woman who was dead. a woman he hadnt spoken to in near two decades. " i do wish i could have heard her sing again. she had real talent. "

the air changed when micah went from semi happy to memories to what sounded like the decline. erich really wanted to avoid this part of the conversation. his memories of elise were of someone in their prime and with a smile on their face. not someone who fell under the spell of a shitty partner. "never heard of a derek that wasnt an absolute piece of shit. it sounds like she did her best for you,though. having a decent mother is something that is taken for granted." erich tells micah with a small smile. after reconciling with ada and knowing how erica handled things,he had an appreciation for mothers who took the role of parent seriously. his own was like micah's.. if she lost the parental instincts but kept the drinking.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#14940 Posted : 29 March 2020 00:51:05(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Micah looks out over the marina filled with abandoned boats, sitting silently as the world falls apart around them. Despite being broad daylight, it's still an eerie sight to behold. The apocalypse like setting coupled with the fact that the only other person he has met today is Erich, out of ALL the people in the world, seems like a bizarre movie plot or drug induced dream. "My mum was raised as Christian and later told me that she never believed in a God or religion. The Judaism thing was one of her wildest moves post-band. Think she did it just to rewrite her life and start a new chapter. That was only about 18 months or 2 years after she broke away from your group. Very bold move to make but that was her. One of the greatest things about mum though was that, as spontaneous and free spirited as she was, she never did anything that put me in danger. My childhood was entertaining. It was like living with a big Hollywood star...in Ipswich." Micah lets out a little laugh and looks around at his surroundings. Ipswich is nice enough. It has some history, being one of England's oldest towns and the people are nice enough. It's hardly the hub of entertainment, though. Micah nods when Erich says that Elsie had real talent. "Indeed. No stage school or any sort of training. She had a great voice and always got the crowd going. Wish I could've seen her back when you knew her. When she was actually in a functioning band."

"Oh, that Derek guy was as dull as dishwater. Even at a young age I knew my mum could do better. I think she saw him as "safe". Since moving back to Britain, she sort of wanted some stability. What she wanted and what she needed where too different things, though. I never noticed at the time but looking back, I think she got restless. Sooner or later, she'd want to get back on the stage and work at ungodly hours." Micah smiles, thinking about his mum on stage again. She was as equally good at being a parent as she was a performer. He's very lucky in that regard. "She has...had...this friend called Caroline. I think that woman was the only other constant in her life along with me. Mum said she had known her for years. Caroline was Ipswich based though so she couldn't have known her before 2000. I think the old friends shtick was the cover up the fact that Caroline was a drug dealer....or....something along those lines." Micah laughs, shaking his head at the memories of the double act. She was Elsie's drinking buddy. The pair always laughed and Caroline would give him some money every time she came over. It was the best. "Caroline was the only other person to visit my mum in hospital. Even for the visits she never toned it down. Don't think I've ever seen that woman not wearing leopard print."

Micah chuckles and shakes his head. "I'm sorry, sir. I've been chewing your ear off about my life and my mum and I don't think I even properly introduced myself. I'm Micah," he says, holding his hand out to shake. He's definitely far more comfortable around Erich but is finding himself beating around the bush now. It's getting harder to avoid THAT part of the conversation.
UserPostedImage