logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

15 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#1 Posted : 20 May 2011 12:37:12(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Birth Name: Isabel Maria Merjos
Born: December 9th, 1993
Genres: Pop, Pop Rock, Dance-Pop, Electropop, Synthpop
Instruments: Vocals
Current Label: Studio60 Records
Associated Acts: Mandy Williams, Andrea, Kato, Eilidh
Occupations: Singer, Songwriter, Choreographer, Actress, Philanthropist, Fashion Designer

Isabel Maria Merjos was born on December 9th, 1993. She was born and raised in Barranquilla, Colombia but moved with her parents, Natalie and Eduardo Merjos, to the states by age 4 to El Paso, Texas, and she is the cousin of Hannah Beth and Hayden Merjos. She is of Colombian and Italian descent, her father being Colombian and her mother being Italian. Growing up, she was very shy and always singing but also had a passion for acting. By the age of 8, she had landed an acting role on Barney and Friends until the age of 11, showing more of an interest in music now. Her parents thought music wasn’t as important as an education and were skeptical of the industry but stuck by her side so she could achieve her dreams. By the age of 11, Isabel was performing at school talent shows and charity events and when she was 15, she began working in a little local restaurant for extra money.

After vying for the attention of several big labels, she got rejected from a few before finally getting signed to Spice Records and releasing her debut single, which was a collaboration with Stephanie Fierce, entitled, Tempted To Kill You. Even though the single didn't reach the expectations of the young singer, it garnered attention from the industry as to who Izzy was as an artist, forever changing and growing. Her debut album, Temptation, which peaked at #18 in the U.S., also failed to make an impact but she continued to write. Izzy strayed away from the business and went back to Colombia to take care of her father who had gotten ill. After her father’s health went back to normal, she returned to the music scene by being Hannah’s choreographer while she was touring and went to Japan. She then decided she wanted to return to the industry as a singer and has been one of the top acts in music today. After her contract with Spice Records was done, she signed to Studio60 Records and released her second album, Perfectly Me, which saw moderate success charting in the top 10 and spawned equally moderate singles Shine and Blast My Music.

In early 2012, she was named an ambassador for UNICEF, becoming the youngest ever ambassador for them. She traveled to poverty stricken countries in order to help out with distributing materials and resources that they were in dire need of. She released her third album, Dancing In The Dark which instantly topped the charts and stayed #1 for an impressive 9 weeks, namely her most successful album to date, spawning 6 top 5 singles, 4 of which debuted at #1. In Spring of 2012, Izzy launched her own clothing line titled, BeYOU as well as her own fragrance, Magic all of which were sold worldwide and brought in combined total of $3 Million. Isabel has been known to have a sweet and innocent image, which she fully accepts, but doesn't want to be limited by the labels. She has gone on to win 7 Chaos awards, 1 Fans Choice Awards, and was named Woman of the Year by Glamour magazine in 2012. Her parents added two new additions to her family, an adopted brother by the name of Max and a little brother named Noah. She continues to reach new highs and conquer the music world while embarking on a world tour in 2012 - 2013, her biggest tour yet. She also worked on The Sweet Unknown and has a partnership with Adidas and Puma

In mid 2013, after taking a break from music, Izzy had announced she had began working on a project, a television series in which she was the star role. The show, Alistair, is set to be released in 2014. She had also signed a deal with Nicole by Opi for a finger nail polish line in which she hand selected her own shades and colors that would go on sale. Following this, she attended the first annual Goldie Awards where she would take home a total of 4 Goldies including Best Pop Vocal Album, Best Pop Solo Artist, Album of the Year, and Artist of the Year. Izzy was also honored at the Young Hollywood Awards and was also recognized for her continuous work with UNICEF.

2014 saw Isabel return to music, releasing her debut EP, Release, which topped the charts and giving her another number one single with the hit singles Do What You Do and Release, both which climbed the charts. Following her EP, she announced her involvement with a new tv show, Alistair which premiered in August and a new movie, Summer Break which spawned an album featuring different artists including herself. The album went number one and she announced she'd be releasing her own album, All Eyes On Me, in October which featured the huge hits, Rule The World and What Comes Next. She also announced plans for a world tour for the following year and the continuation of her clothing line which would see its Fall/Winter line debut during Fashion Week in New York City.

After a 5 year hiatus, Izzy returned to the music scene in August of 2020 releasing her lead single for her new album, Eat You Up. The song was premiered during the 7th annual Fan Choice Awards as she was the surprise headliner. She announced in an Instagram post following the performance that the song was to be the lead single for her upcoming album which will be a Single's Collection album. The album is set to include not only her hit singles but some fan favorites as well. The release date was set in October 2020.

Albums

Temptation [October 19th, 2009] [Debuted: #30] [Peaked: #18]
Perfectly Me [September 3rd, 2011] [Debuted: #10] [Peak: #10]
Dancing In The Dark [July 16th, 2012] [Debuted: #1] [Peak: #1]
All Eyes On Me [October 3rd, 2014] [Debuted: #1] [Peak: #1]
Portrait [October 30th 2020] [Debuted: ] [Peak: ]

Extended Plays

Release [March, 18th, 2014] [Debuted: #1] [Peaked: #1]

Singles

#1's

Awards

Best Collaboration - Rain On My Parade ft. Mykaylah, Ada Larsen, and Buzz & Hype [Fan Choice Awards]
Best Video - Sleep At Night [Chaos VI Awards]
Best Collaboration - When The Lights Go Down ft. Chloe [Chaos VI Awards]
Sexiest Female - Isabel [Fan Choice Awards III]
Fan Favorite - Isabel [Fan Choice Awards III]
Glamaour Magazine's Woman of the Year Award [2012]
Best Collaboration - Don't Miss Out ft. Isabel [Chaos VII Awards]
Best Female Artist [Chaos VII Awards]
Best Album - Dancing In The Dark [Chaos VII Awards]
Best Pop Solo Artist [Goldies Awards]
Album of the Year - Dancing In The Dark [Goldies Awards]
Best Pop Vocal Album - Dancing In The Dark [Goldies Awards]
Artist of the Year [Goldies Awards]
Best Video - Do What You Do [Chaos VIII Awards]

UserPostedImage
Subscribe To Isabel's Official VEVO Channel

Edited by user 23 October 2020 01:15:38(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 5 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 19/02/2013(UTC), mebeme101 on 28/03/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 07/07/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 04/08/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 14/03/2021(UTC)
Offline bikz  
#2 Posted : 20 May 2011 20:48:40(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Kato : Hi Isabel! I didn't know you were related to Hannah, that's kinda cool. Anyway, I look forward to listening to your music.
KamiKate : Oh yes, me too. I'm sure I'll hear a lot of it. But surely that can only be a good thing, right? We should be friends.
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#3 Posted : 20 May 2011 21:02:09(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Isabel: Hey! and thanks :) and sure Kate we can be friends lol.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline GirlSpice  
#4 Posted : 20 May 2011 22:00:46(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Nadia: Spice Records? What a flashback! Glad you've returned, all the best with your future work. :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#5 Posted : 21 May 2011 06:47:59(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Nadia: Spice Records? What a flashback! Glad you've returned, all the best with your future work. :)

Isabel: I know, so long ago! Thanks Nadia, same to you. :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline John  
#6 Posted : 21 May 2011 07:04:58(UTC)
John

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Ashley-Great to see you back; always need more women in the industry.
My Characters-
John York-Guitarist/Multi-Instrumentalist-Genres-Alt Rock/Post-Punk, heavily interested in the Avant-Guard-Face Claim-Graham Coxon- Is Currently-Screwing around
Kim Black-Vocalist/Bassist-Post-Punk/New Wave-Is currently-In India trying to find herself
Website for my old Post-Punk band, which featured John and Kim

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#7 Posted : 21 May 2011 07:09:11(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Isabel: Always room for more!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline genocidal king  
#8 Posted : 21 May 2011 07:25:48(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Katie: can't wait to hear what you got! I'm sure it'll be great!
UserPostedImage
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#9 Posted : 21 May 2011 07:38:57(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Isabel: Nice to see alot of people are waiting for me to debut! I promise not to disappoint ;)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Princess_Valentine  
#10 Posted : 21 May 2011 08:02:18(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Cassie: Hi Isabel! I just wanted to say welcome back and I can't wait to see you perform at my birthday party. After the party we should work together again some time.
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#11 Posted : 21 May 2011 08:12:22(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Isabel: Thanks Cassie and im so excited that you wanted me to perform at it! I would love to work with you sometime.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#12 Posted : 21 May 2011 23:29:14(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

5/21/11 - Excited to be back in this business doing what i love! Writing and working on my new single. Stuiod atmosphere is where it's at! ;) -Izzy
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#13 Posted : 23 May 2011 04:23:36(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

5/22/11 - I am now officially signed to Studio60 Records! Im so happy! Gotta go get Hayden so we can celebrate, WOOOO! -Izzy

Edited by user 23 May 2011 04:24:55(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#14 Posted : 23 May 2011 06:53:05(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

5/22/11 - First new single will be released Friday! I can't wait for you guys to hear what i've been working on. Going to the studio later to record some more later.-Izzy
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#15 Posted : 23 May 2011 09:46:26(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

TwitPic

UserPostedImage

Me and Hayden having the time of our lives! :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline deadserious  
#16 Posted : 23 May 2011 11:24:16(UTC)
deadserious

United States

Was thanked: 548 time(s) in 314 post(s)
Giselle: I'm lovin' your stuff, can't wait to hear more!
AimeryNaomiGiselleELMNT
Offline Andre Gandra  
#17 Posted : 23 May 2011 22:35:29(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
TwitPic

UserPostedImage

Me and Hayden having the time of our lives! :)

Yulia: you two are so cute!! **

Lilly: Ok, now I had a flashback of me and my man! Good times... Enjoy these kids!
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#18 Posted : 23 May 2011 23:22:20(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Hayden: Ha thanks. No doubt i am the cutest :)

Isabel: Aw, thanks Yulia! We most definitely are gonna enjoy these times Lilly. And shut up Hayden.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline bikz  
#19 Posted : 23 May 2011 23:38:24(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Kato : You and your cousin look so sweet! I'm not so good friends with my family. I have a big brother.
Damien : Sadly, yes he does. Hi Isabel. My 10-year-old brother Katriel ....
Kato : I'm 17 Goddammit! And don't call me Katriel! Yes I like Izzy's music. So do you.
Damien : I'll admit it, I'm a fan, I've got her first album, it's one of my many favourites.

Edited by user 23 May 2011 23:39:36(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#20 Posted : 23 May 2011 23:42:01(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: bikz Go to Quoted Post
Kato : You and your cousin look so sweet! I'm not so good friends with my family. I have a big brother.
Damien : Sadly, yes he does. Hi Isabel. My 10-year-old brother Katriel ....
Kato : I'm 17 Goddammit! And don't call me Katriel! Yes I like Izzy's music. So do you.
Damien : I'll admit it, I'm a fan, I've got her first album, it's one of my many favourites.

Isabel: Aww thanks you guys! If you liked my music before, i'm sure you'll love what i come out with Friday! :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage