logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline asdf  
#41 Posted : 13 July 2011 22:37:45(UTC)
asdf

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Lol...well I shall be seeing her today...I'm wondering if I should become a bit closer friend first though? I mean, to do it now just seems like I would be doing it way too soon.
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline genocidal king  
#42 Posted : 13 July 2011 22:40:23(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Again, as much as it sounds like a cliché, you do not want to become too friendly with a girl you want to ask out man. Friend zone and all that jazz. Just bite the proverbial bullet and go for it dude.
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
asdf on 13/07/2011(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 13/07/2011(UTC), Matticus on 14/07/2011(UTC)
Offline asdf  
#43 Posted : 13 July 2011 22:44:29(UTC)
asdf

Man

I just may have too...the idea of it just seems foreign I guess.

I just hope Shelby doesnt hate me if Alice never wants to hang out again. lol

I'll let you all know then.

Edited by user 13 July 2011 22:52:27(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#44 Posted : 13 July 2011 22:48:40(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Aww good luck :D
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
asdf on 13/07/2011(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#45 Posted : 14 July 2011 06:10:10(UTC)
Matticus

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1328 time(s) in 705 post(s)
From past experiences, it doesnt always work if you become too friendly - i mean it cant have worked because i'm not with any of those girls anymore :')

My current girlfriend i only met about a month ago - so it took me three weeks to get to know her enough to decide that i wanted to try and make something out of it. I am only 16, so i am not expecting anything serious to come of this; but i do really like this girl and it was quite clear to me that she liked me back, so i asked her out and BOOM i have a girlfriend.

So the moral of the story is, ask her if you think it is right - but dont get too close first :D

AND GOOD LUCK
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
thanks 1 user thanked Matticus for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 14/07/2011(UTC)
Offline forkboy  
#46 Posted : 14 July 2011 07:56:02(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Again, as much as it sounds like a cliché, you do not want to become too friendly with a girl you want to ask out man. Friend zone and all that jazz. Just bite the proverbial bullet and go for it dude.

This one of those clichés that you hear but I'm not entirely convinced of it's legitimacy. Coz I can think of a couple of couples who started off as good friends, ended up more serious, both are still together after years (6/7) & one of them are even married. So yeah, take "friend zone" thing with a pinch of salt tbh
Offline genocidal king  
#47 Posted : 14 July 2011 08:00:05(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: forkboy Go to Quoted Post

This one of those clichés that you hear but I'm not entirely convinced of it's legitimacy. Coz I can think of a couple of couples who started off as good friends, ended up more serious, both are still together after years (6/7) & one of them are even married. So yeah, take "friend zone" thing with a pinch of salt tbh

Like every "rule", there are of course exceptions. My best mate and his fiancée were good friends for years before they got together, so I agree it does happen. I'd say though, that at the age Cody is, the friend zone is certainly more applicable. Mostly because youngsters are more likely to feel awkward if a friend asks them out and they don't feel the same, or if they ask out a friend and get rejected.
UserPostedImage
Offline asdf  
#48 Posted : 14 July 2011 10:18:47(UTC)
asdf

Man

Lol, "youngsters"....

Offline Gildermershina  
#49 Posted : 14 July 2011 18:48:00(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Originally Posted by: forkboy Go to Quoted Post

Like every "rule", there are of course exceptions. My best mate and his fiancée were good friends for years before they got together, so I agree it does happen. I'd say though, that at the age Cody is, the friend zone is certainly more applicable. Mostly because youngsters are more likely to feel awkward if a friend asks them out and they don't feel the same, or if they ask out a friend and get rejected.

And if you were good friends then in a relationship, then you split up, the original friendship is most likely gone. Plus if it's a bad breakup then the fallout probably splits your shared friends as some of them take sides, or are perceived to take sides by one party or the other... Messy.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline asdf  
#50 Posted : 15 July 2011 08:40:13(UTC)
asdf

Man

I decided to really gauge interest yesterday. I'm looking for any kind of sure sign that she may like me back and here's what happened.

- Every once and a while we would bump into each other physical weather it be her bumping feet with me or her such.
- She seems to enjoy hitting me...with anything that can be used to hit with. lol
- I think I caught her mirroring my actions while we watched tv.
- I generally dont like to look people in the eye when we're talking, and with her it makes it more complicated but whenever I do I find shes looking right back at me. Sometimes she turns and looks away.

So, I know all these things are signs that she may like me back, but I just cannot tell if its just little coincidences. She talks about the guys she finds hot around me with ease, that threw me off because none of them are anything like me... :( lol

Shelby fell asleep again and me and Alice watched one of her favorite shows on Netflix until 9AM in the morning. Afterwords she told me to "Shoo, shoo, go take a nap." and shut the door quickly as I left. Threw me off again.

Also, we were drawing a little and I told her I'm only good at drawing real people so she jokes that I should draw her but I told her I could only draw from photographs. At which time I shuffled off and pretended to come back with my second drawing I posted here as if I had just drew it. She smiled and said thanks but that was it.

Oh and, I lost to her again at yu-gi-oh

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#51 Posted : 15 July 2011 08:50:23(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

I think (and could be COMPLETELY wrong here) but I think she's either hesitant to make the first move or she could be seeing how you'll react. I don't know not really a girl expert because I do weird things sometimes :] lol.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
asdf on 15/07/2011(UTC)
Offline asdf  
#52 Posted : 15 July 2011 12:55:08(UTC)
asdf

Man

Huh...

If I just had one sure tell-tale sign that she may like me back I would do it in a heart beat. Maybe I do and just can't admit to myself that I need to buck up and do it?

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#53 Posted : 15 July 2011 19:30:45(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Yes. Life's too short to keep wondering. I say go for it and if she doesn't feel the same way her lost ;)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline genocidal king  
#54 Posted : 15 July 2011 20:07:46(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

If none of those signs are the obvious sign then you'll be waiting a bloody looooong time for something more concrete. Just go for it man.
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
asdf on 15/07/2011(UTC), Matticus on 15/07/2011(UTC)
Offline bikz  
#55 Posted : 15 July 2011 21:02:13(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Coincidence is a rare thing, if it exists at all. More often than not, a string of things (like the things between you and her) will fit together, and the reason will become clear. Excuse the mild Bitchkiness here, but saying that it's a coincidence is an excuse for those who don't want to look at the full picture.

Go on, ask her, and I'd wish you luck but you don't even need it! (:
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
thanks 1 user thanked bikz for this useful post.
asdf on 15/07/2011(UTC)
Offline asdf  
#56 Posted : 15 July 2011 21:08:15(UTC)
asdf

Man

Thanks GK and Bikkie, I think I talked my sister into being a little more okay with it. I feel it coming soon.

Offline Matticus  
#57 Posted : 15 July 2011 21:51:13(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Right, mate, those signs all say to me that you need to go for it.

I reckon she talks about the guys she finds hot to see how you'll react, and anyway me and my girlfriend talk about people we find attractive - that doesn't mean that anything is gonna happen with those people though and it doesn't mean that we like eachother any less.
Just go for it mate, it looks like she is interested, and i would definitely go for it :) Gooood luck mate :)
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
asdf on 15/07/2011(UTC)
Offline asdf  
#58 Posted : 15 July 2011 22:07:58(UTC)
asdf

Man

Well, yea. lol

Like I said, I think I helped Shelby understand a bit and as soon as I get some sort of okay for her there really is no reason not to do it anymore. I can't go on living like this, and it could very well make the both of us happier. I'm facing the very reality that the next time I see her could be and might have to be the time.

Codana, fancy.

Hanady, I like that too.

Offline Matticus  
#59 Posted : 15 July 2011 22:20:48(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Originally Posted by: asdf Go to Quoted Post
Well, yea. lol

Like I said, I think I helped Shelby understand a bit and as soon as I get some sort of okay for her there really is no reason not to do it anymore. I can't go on living like this, and it could very well make the both of us happier. I'm facing the very reality that the next time I see her could be and might have to be the time.

Codana, fancy.

Hanady, I like that too.

well you'll be fine mate - dont worry about it :)
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

asdf on 15/07/2011(UTC)
Offline _Python_  
#60 Posted : 16 July 2011 01:14:24(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

Was thanked: 106 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Dude, as your close friend - I suggest this:

You only have one chance at everything in life, take it and squeeze it while you can.

In other words, tell her exactly how you feel. She'll like you back man, and if she turns you down - oh well! keep trying.

- deejay.
UserPostedImage