logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Aj  
#1 Posted : 21 July 2011 09:21:28(UTC)
Aj

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Okay so I suggested this in Random and was hoping this could get sticked?? If people are still interested and still want to use it. The idea is basically to have a thread where all ongoing storylines you might be running are outlined in so that everyone can keep up to date and it's easier for newcomers to join into RP without being too daunted by the sheer number of different characters etc. I mean just looking through the faces to check if anyone had used The XX yet was mind-bogglingly complex and I couldn't really be bothered.

So this could work in two different ways and I'll let the forum decide which way they want to use it. Either, I first considered every storyline having one post in the thread? And rather than adding new posts every time you want to update, instead simply update your post by Editing it. This way the thread wouldn't get too long and it wouldn't be too difficult to look through, because otherwise the stories could become a bit confusing and disjointed. So that's how I think this thread should go. Alternatively if you don't like this idea, make your own thread and I'll happily use that. I'm not too bothered about who's thread this is, I just want to have somewhere to post updates about my stories and read other peoples cos I often take large breaks from being active and I think this would help.

OBVIOUSLY THIS THREAD IS A NON-IMAGE ZONE AS SOME PEOPLE STILL ACTUALLY LIVE IN THE STONE AGE AND DON'T HAVE A FAST ENOUGH COMPUTER TO HANDLE YOUR ANNOYING PINGS AND JAYPEGS SO KEEP IT FREE FROM PICTURES AND STICK TO TEXT!!!
thanks 3 users thanked Aj for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 21/07/2011(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 21/07/2011(UTC), infinite135 on 22/07/2011(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#2 Posted : 22 July 2011 00:54:00(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Was thanked: 1328 time(s) in 705 post(s)
Well obviously there is that amazing storyline going on between MattY and Cherise ;)

MattY's background is of a pretty disfunctional family. His mother was only 15 when she had him, and the father 18. His dad commited suicide when MattY was three years old, which lead to his mother getting more involved in drugs and alcohol. She eventually got arrested for dealing drugs and went inside for a bit. Neither of MattY's grandparents wanted him because he was just a reminder of the mistakes that their children had made - and because MattY's parents had been so young when he was born, he still had some relatively young (ish) great-grandparents. So he went to live his mum's grandparents up in Derby, so he was away from the gang influences of the area of London that his parents had grown up in.
MattY moved back down to London when he was 16, to properly start up his music career. He was then introduced to the gang lifestyle that his parents had been accustommed too. He wasn't really involved in this lifestyle for a couple of months, but then when times got hard, he took a step into the streets lifestyle, becoming really involved.

Cherise is MattY's girlfriend, and she grew up with a twin sister and they are from Brighton. The two started up a musical duo; released two reasonable albums, and then she started her solo career as her twin sister Celeste wanted to go back into education. MattY and Cherise had always had a good working relationship, and then finally got together. The two got very close and then Cherise got pregnant.

Before MattY discovered that Cherise was pregnant, they had started getting into more and more arguments; this was because the drugs that MattY had been taking had been tearing away his patience. They went to the IMA's seperately. They did make up at the awards show, and they believe that is the night that Cherise got pregnant. Cherise came over to his house and then found the drugs. This lead to a big argument.
MattY went over to her house that night to appologise, but they got into another massive argument, and Cherise told him she was pregnant. MattY then thought of himself as a failure, as he had been just like his Dad. MattY then overdosed and ended up in hospital.

Cherise visited him, and they made up. But MattY then decided he was to go to a Rehab clinic for a week to help sort himself out. On the way to the Rehab clinic, MattY got a text from one of his superiors in the gang. He had to go and do an arms deal, and then help to go and do whatever they where doing, and bring back some money as a part of the deal.

He shoots one of the guys and does a runner, so his superior isn't very happy with him. So after he has dropped Cherise off at the airport - as she was going to australia to tour with Miss Vanity before she died - he went to visit Joe. Joe beat the shit into him and then gave his details to Kyle. Kyle is the guy who was running the opperation that MattY became a part of briefly.

They came to his house to get him, but he wasn't in so they just trashed his house and left a message on his wall saying that he was lucky to have not been there. He got home and was distraught.

Cherise came back from australia early as the tour had been cancelled (due to Vanity's death), and when she got there she saw the place had been left a mess, and she went into the baby room to see it trashed beyond recognition. The two had an argument but have since made up... ish.

Tomorrow (Friday 22nd of July) is the 18 week baby scan, and they are going to find out the sex of the baby
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#3 Posted : 22 July 2011 01:46:57(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

This is actually a very great idea. I'll be posting something very soon.
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
Matticus on 22/07/2011(UTC)
Offline bikz  
#4 Posted : 23 July 2011 07:30:03(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
This is a great idea. Personally it'd be take a lot to describe all my characters' backstories, some of them are pretty epic (plus I have a lot of characters) - but heck, it'd be fun to write and would hopefully make a good read. Kaethe's is probably my favourite current character story. (The late Kasia van Mouschi would be my favourite - if I put it all together as a novel, the story of the van Mouschi family would be the best thing I'd ever written. I wish I had that much willpower!) Plenty more have big stories too.

Edited by user 23 July 2011 07:31:07(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Aj  
#5 Posted : 26 July 2011 18:03:35(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Failed Youth - Pretty much all dead, either by drugs or in the plane crash.
The Lost - Ben is still with Leslie, somewhere far off in the Amazon jungle probably just living the life, avoiding fame. Liam's still hanging around in the music industry, pulling strings here and there but mainly he just goes to parties and meets people, and does a bit of part time managing. His solo album is still yet to materialize, though rumours of a return of the Schadenfreude Ecdysiast are ever present. But they kind of have been since they broke up. Ian(not related to the one from IaTL) and Tom now own a bar in Manchester, and tend to stay out of the spotlight.
Ian & The Lips - My new band, probably going to focus more on the story of Ian as I'm a bit more interested in coming up with a story of someone from more privaleged backgrounds whereas usually I choose someone who's not as well off. But who knows the rest of the band might peak my interest. Especially Jessica I'd love to do a soul singer possibly along the lines of an Amy Winehouse storyline. But they're pretty much up-and-coming and not a lot of things I can give away JUST yet.
Black/White Records - Just you wait it's going to be juicy.....

Edited by user 28 July 2011 23:48:17(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified