logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mt. Epic  
#1 Posted : 27 July 2011 16:54:50(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)
So, for the past few months, in fact, it feels like maybe even a year, I've been getting a brand new set of morals. I feel like a completely new person. I've always been analyze-like, but lately I've been extra observing. I've been able to read people's minds through their actions and wordplay, and it has had many benefits, especially having been in my first year of high school, it helped me determine who were my new friends, and who were my "enemies" so to say. It's always been very effective with the ladies :). I've never truly had too much luck with girls until high school, but I've already had four girlfriends since November, so I can tell this is working quite nicely.

Anyway, away from my personal life. I've also been feeling a lot more estranged from society, and see what I consider "flaws". Such as the feeling of hatred. When Osama Bin Laden died, everybody was happy and joyful over his death. I was relieved that he was gone, but I didn't feel happy over his death. Even though he was portrayed as an evil, wicked being, I felt some shred of sympathy because he was still a human being who was murdered. I'm much more uncomfortable with the words "gay" and "retard" being used as insults, and I'm shocked by all the violence in the media and entertainment industries that may as well be the cause of these "flaws".

I understand that hatred is naturally, and that people feel it over the heavy dislike of something negative, but is it "okay" to feel hatred? Should we try to get along and manage to somehow cope in an orderly fashion, or let our emotions out? Just because somebody wronged you, does it make you right to avenge yourself, and/or wish them pain?
UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!
Offline Rincewind  
#2 Posted : 27 July 2011 18:11:11(UTC)
Rincewind

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
i think all that is simply called growing up.....

on the topic of hatred being justified....
Yes of course it is... Not in all situations, but lets say someone murders your entire family. I personally think you are justified to hate the person that did that, hope they have a painfull death etc etc. Some people may try and may even be able to forgive that person, but i garentee most people wont.
Hatred is a perfectly normal Human emotion and has its place in life alongside love, forgiveness, jelousy etc
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline Gildermershina  
#3 Posted : 27 July 2011 22:21:39(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Hatred is justifiable, but I think acting on hatred is most likely a bad idea. I try not to "hate" really, to be tolerant, but on the flip-side intolerance is something I do hate. Intolerance and ignorance. I'm not sure I would even call that hatred though.

Just saw American History X the other day, and in that you can almost understand where these intolerant people are coming from... Until you scratch beneath the surface and realise that a lot of it really is just ignorance. Too many people have rock solid ideals that don't come from any rationality or reason, but from an ingrained ideology. That's something you really can't fix in most people.

If you hate someone, it's probably because you hate one thing about them, which you then equate to the person as a whole. Just because somebody is a dumb jock (or whatever) on the surface, doesn't mean they are irredeemable human beings. A few years after I got out of high school I began to realise that most people are on some level perfectly pleasant. Hating somebody is kind of a waste of energy because you can't change who people are.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline Raphaela  
#4 Posted : 28 July 2011 00:43:58(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gildermershina Go to Quoted Post
Hating somebody is kind of a waste of energy because you can't change who people are.

That.
I don't hate anyone (except maybe for my celular biology teacher, but that's different) or any culture or anything. I may not respect them (for example, I don't respect muslims that think women are objects, but it doesn't mean I hate them and will burn them alive or anything, I just don't respect), but hating them won't make any difference.
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline forkboy  
#5 Posted : 29 July 2011 01:01:25(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Yeah, hatred is great
thanks 1 user thanked forkboy for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 25/08/2011(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#6 Posted : 25 August 2011 11:37:24(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Ha, how come I already knew forkboy's answer before he posted it?

Offline sharinganerror  
#7 Posted : 08 January 2012 13:39:50(UTC)
sharinganerror

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
To me, hatred is an opinion and everyone has one.
Offline forkboy  
#8 Posted : 08 January 2012 22:16:18(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
It's really more emotion than opinion, at least as I understand it. Can be used to drive your opinion, but it is the building blocks of what makes opinions.

IE My irrational hatred of British politician Margaret Thatcher leads me to form the opinion that "11/12 years of Margaret Thatcher-lead rule destroyed this country's heart & soul, replacing the hole with laissez-faire obsessed greed." Though of course it's an opinion formed on more than just hatred, like I said, emotions would be the building blocks of opinion, alongside facts, interpretations, observations, etc.

Edited by user 08 January 2012 22:19:38(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked forkboy for this useful post.
Laurelles1 on 08/01/2012(UTC)