logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<345
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#81 Posted : 04 February 2014 06:23:42(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Oscar: It's amazing seeing you girls back on the map and releasing great music. Was pleasantly surprised upon hearing this song, it's very different to your previous material. It is already my favourite song from you ladies and I thought your past material would be hard to top. Well done girls :)

ooc: Excellent work as always. Well done :)

Jade: Thanks Oscar, glad you enjoyed it :) We're excited to release this new material too!

OOC: Thank you very much :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
HarryPotter on 19/02/2014(UTC)
Offline HarryPotter  
#82 Posted : 19 February 2014 12:34:15(UTC)
HarryPotter

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Robert: Can't wait to see you in tour, I'm a huge huge fan. My sister gets mad because I wear your t shirts all the time.
On The Horizon is An American Punk Band influenced by Guns N Roses, The Ramones, Sex Pistols, Misfits, Nirvana.

Members:

Robert-Vocals,Guitar
Lily Rose-Vocals,Bass
Johnny-Drums
thanks 1 user thanked HarryPotter for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 19/02/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#83 Posted : 23 February 2014 11:14:36(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Pretty Little Freaks - Concert Review

UserPostedImage

The Bottom Line: "They represent everything it means to be performers without the usage of unnecessary props and glitzy outfits. They thrive off of pure talent"
Venue: Sound Control, Manchester, England (February 14th, 2014)

What do you get when you allow two twin sisters from London, both absolutely gorgeous with tons of talent and energies like the energizer bunny? Well, you get a show like this. The two singers hit up their home country of England and traveled to Manchester where they would play a gig at Sound Control. If one has never been to a PLF concert, what is one to expect? Lots of vocals and hearts being left on the stage as these two are definitely showstoppers. On a Friday night, the two took the venue by storm with performances of their old singles and their latest one, 'Bond' which featured a nice musical display during the instrumental break in between verses. Both of the sisters play their own assorted instruments which also adds more cool points to them. Together, they were able to put to shame what most bands and solo artists could only dream of doing, and that is to entertain as well as truly perform. Without any hesitation, PLF would take the crowd on a 2 hour ride to their past as well as set them up for the future with their hit singles and electric cover songs. If you didn't know who PLF were before this show, it's a safe bet they're going to be on your lips soon enough.

The show started out with them performing their first single, 'Hell For Leather'. With Jade on keyboards and her sister Mia on guitar, the two proved to be a nice change from the dancing, puppetry that seemed to be taking over the industry. Accompanied with them is a large drum which seems to be taking a pounding more towards the chorus. The powerful and dark song was perfect for introducing themselves in the industry and now for the show. Throughout the performance, and as noted with the rest, the twins seem to share a bond when they perform together. They share glances at one another and play off of each others' energy. After the song, they take time out to converse with their fans. Mia, being the loud and rebellious sister, greeted them with a massive yell and then proceeded to throw some shirts into the crowd which really hyped them up. "Thank you for coming, enjoy the fucking show!" Mia stated and then they went into the next song, 'Take It All'. Things slow down a notch with this tune as the girls continue on their instruments. Mia's voice is much stronger and noticeable over Jade's and she uses this to her advantage when the girls sing together.

The crowd seemed to love them as they were singing along to the songs and essentially dancing to their catchy songs and having a ball when they did their rock oriented tracks. Although their next song featured one of the biggest indie artists from a few years back, the two would allow the crowd to take on Aaron Mark's role in their song, 'Little Heaven (Escape)'. Jade's vocals are the highlight here, her soft nature and beautiful melodies ringing throughout the song, which then goes into 'Steal Your Heart' their infamous cover song which really gathered them some attention from the internet. Both of them, beaming with confidence and dressed like two women who knew their music, had the crowd in their hands. There wasn't a song they performed where they didn't seem like they were in a grand stadium for thousands of fans. 'Hold On Tight' is the single that follows, a great crowd song which opens room for a lot of crowd interaction.

Jade now talks to the crowd, her sweet nature being absorbed by the crowd. "So, my sister and I just wanted to take the time out and thank everyone for coming tonight. We're excited to be sharing our latest journey with you with our new album and all of that. It's a bit different from our last album, more diverse tracks to it. Also, I've been picking up some more songwriting tips and let me tell you, there's a lot to be wrote about." She continues speaking to the anxious crowd. "But for now, we're gonna take a trip down memory lane with our first album, that you guys made so successful. This is 'Apology'." Mia is behind her, back on guitar and Jade standing beside her. The energetic ballad was the first track on their last album and received lots of positive reviews for being so different and not a typical pop ballad. Jade and Mia again show their chemistry when performing together. Some families look like absolute strangers or as if one is the back up dancer and the other is the lead singer but PLF manages to keep things equal between them. Neither of them hog the spotlight or try to outdo the other but instead they work together in order to make a great show. After their heartfelt ballad, they churn out songs like 'Bitterness! Anger! Confusion!', 'Dancing In The Sun', and 'Contradiction'. They easily keep the crowd interested with their witty banter and charismatic vibes. Other noticeable performances were '(That’s When I See) You Were Made For Me' and their own rendition of Arctic Monkey's singles, 'I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor' and 'Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?' They managed to end the show with their latest single, 'Bond' being the first time they had played it live and it was exquisite. Both girls were having so much fun and the crowd as well. At the end, both girls held hands and rose them up while basking in the audience's approval.

Overall, the show was great, and probably more than you'd expect from the pair but if you'd been following their careers and seen them before, you'd know they were just as good if not better. They represent everything it means to be performers without the usage of unnecessary props and glitzy outfits. They thrive off of pure talent. I'd recommend seeing them at least once in your lifetime and I promise you won't regret it. They are set to be on the Warped Tour this summer and outdoor concerts can sometimes be a little tricky but these two manage to outdo themselves every time. Hopefully, this performance will do what it is destined to do and that is to gather more attention to one of the only female duo's in the music industry, Pretty Little Freaks.

Set List:

Hell For Leather
Take It All
Little Heaven (Escape)
Steal Your Heart (Augustana Cover)
Hold On Tight
Apology
Bitterness! Anger! Confusion!
Dancing In The Sun
Contradiction
(That's When I See) You Were Made For Me
I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor (Arctic Monkey's Cover)
Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High? (Arctic Monkey's Cover)
Bond
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 6 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
genocidal king on 23/02/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 23/02/2014(UTC), C4AJoh on 23/02/2014(UTC), kandii on 24/02/2014(UTC), erich hess on 24/02/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 25/02/2014(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#84 Posted : 23 February 2014 23:07:54(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Ooc: Great work on this :) I know you were worried about never doing one before but it looks totally great. You did it well :Pardon

Via twitter: WarpedOfficial2014: Just read a review of a show @PrettyLittleJade @PrettyLittleMia played in England last week. Sounds like Warped is in for a treat this summer! Make sure you catch these guys on Warped. They're bringing it.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 23/02/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#85 Posted : 24 February 2014 01:28:44(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Ooc: Great work on this :) I know you were worried about never doing one before but it looks totally great. You did it well :Pardon

Via twitter: WarpedOfficial2014: Just read a review of a show @PrettyLittleJade @PrettyLittleMia played in England last week. Sounds like Warped is in for a treat this summer! Make sure you catch these guys on Warped. They're bringing it.

Ooc: Thank you very much :) and thanks for reading
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline HarryPotter  
#86 Posted : 24 February 2014 18:02:43(UTC)
HarryPotter

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Robert: Hey Jade, Pm me about coming to Seattle again. I'd love to show you around, you know we could hang out :)

Edited by user 24 February 2014 18:03:28(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

On The Horizon is An American Punk Band influenced by Guns N Roses, The Ramones, Sex Pistols, Misfits, Nirvana.

Members:

Robert-Vocals,Guitar
Lily Rose-Vocals,Bass
Johnny-Drums
thanks 1 user thanked HarryPotter for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 24/02/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#87 Posted : 28 July 2014 04:59:28(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Pre-Order The New Single 'One Of The Boys' Feat. Jennifer Armstrong on iTunes!

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 5 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
erich hess on 28/07/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 28/07/2014(UTC), mebeme101 on 28/07/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 28/07/2014(UTC), C4AJoh on 29/07/2014(UTC)