logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#1 Posted : 25 September 2011 20:41:49(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Origin: London, England
Genres: Rock/Pop-Rock/Electro-Rock/Alternative Rock/Pop Punk/indie rock
Members: Mia Clark [left] , Jade Clark [right]
Label: Permanent Reminder

UserPostedImage

Pretty Little Freaks are a pop/rock duo from London, England. Formed by twin sisters Jade and Mia Clark in 2009 in London, England. They were born on 13, July, 1991 (23) with Mia being older by two minutes to Felicity and George Clark. Their parents owned a pub called The Winchester located right in the heart of London, as the girls got older they often helped out at the pub as barmaids and even entertained the locals by performing live regularly. They were both a handful during their High school years with Mia often getting in trouble, her hot-headed nature and penchant for speaking her mind earned her very many detentions. Her sister Jade was slightly less of a trouble-maker but was still involved in various drama’s at High school, Jade however was also very emotional and during her early teen years she often got bullied.
Their bond is extremely tight and Mia would often find herself looking out for Jade, the more vulnerable of the two.

At around the age of 15 they both began to find an interest in music which manifested itself into a future career path, their parents convinced the two young girls to join an after school music class which is where they learned to sing and play guitar and the two have never looked back since. Once they finished High school, they studied at a local college where Jade studied Music and Art Design, Mia studied Music and Literature and the two graduated.
After leaving college the two both began working at their parents pub, which gave them the freedom to continue to focus on a music career, they would perform their own songs on weekends at their parents pub. In 2009 they decided to focus more on a career in music and sent various demo’s to local record labels, their biggest break so far came in early 2010 when they began to upload home-made music videos onto YouTube and they went on to gain an online following, interest has been building over the previous year and the duo could be set to make their break into the music industry in the coming months.

Fast forward to months later, the duo would release their first single on September 28th, titled, Hell For Leather. The single would create much buzz about the intriguing new duo. The month following, they would go on to release their debut EP which they named, Memoirs Of A Freak. It debuted at an impressive first week positioning of #4 on the charts and their single, Hell For Leather, #6. In December, they released a special Christmas single, a cover of Aly & AJ's Greatest Time Of Year and performed at one of the biggest festivals in music, Total Annihilation 5. All of this seemed to mark the PLF's territory in the industry, even catching the attention of Aaron Marks. They teamed up for a collaboration, Little Heaven (Escape), which was their first single for the new year in 2012, January. The following single, Hold On Tight, was also well received from the likes of some of music's iconic artists. Their debut album, Underneath The Blue Moonlight, came with high reviews and only helped to establish the talent in between the twins, receiving their lowest rating of a C+, the girls' music was being taken with open arms.

Upon their rise, the girls would take a hiatus, for reasons unknown, but recently announced on Twitter of their re entry into the industry again with new music. No set dates have been given for the time being.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Download on iTunes
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Download on iTunes
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Email: [email protected]
Facebook: facebook.com/prettylittlefreaks
Twitter: @PrettyLittleFreaks
Jade - @PrettyLittleJade
Mia - @PrettyLittleMia

Instagram: @PrettyLittleFreaksOfficial

Edited by user 31 August 2014 07:05:09(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 2 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 25/09/2011(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 29/09/2011(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2 Posted : 27 September 2011 06:20:38(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Greetings from The Freaks!
"Hello everyone :) We're Pretty Little Freaks and we wanted to just make a little blog thingy! So my sister and I have been writing and working on a debut E.P for you guys to enjoy. Can't give you a certain date, but just expect it soon. We're excited to start recording and hopefully we'll get signed to an awesome label! :D Well, I think that's all for now so blog you later, haha so cheesy, byee<3" - Jade and Mia

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 05 November 2013 09:45:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

C4AJoh on 27/09/2011(UTC), infinite135 on 27/09/2011(UTC)
Offline Mckenzie-  
#3 Posted : 27 September 2011 06:24:34(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
Ryan: The Freaks are HOT! Kidding. Well, im not joking, but.. ah, you know what i mean. Looking forward to hearing your music, a little pop/rock is right up my street.
retired x
thanks 1 user thanked Mckenzie- for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 27/09/2011(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#4 Posted : 27 September 2011 06:35:08(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Cassie: You girls are so pretty and I love your style. We should go shopping together some time. :)

Nevaeh: I don't say this much but good luck with your career sweethearts. You both have the look of true stars.

Nate: Hello fellow musicians. It is my pleasure to introduce myself to you so that we can get acquainted. May I ask though, is that hair all yours?
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#5 Posted : 27 September 2011 06:38:05(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Mckenzie- Go to Quoted Post
Ryan: The Freaks are HOT! Kidding. Well, im not joking, but.. ah, you know what i mean. Looking forward to hearing your music, a little pop/rock is right up my street.

Jade: Haha, thanks! :)

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Cassie: You girls are so pretty and I love your style. We should go shopping together some time. :)

Jade: Oooh, I love shopping! Thank you :D

Quote:
Nevaeh: I don't say this much but good luck with your career sweethearts. You both have the look of true stars.

Jade: Thanks, I hope all goes well also and yes we look like rockstars, well I think so lol.

Quote:
Nate: Hello fellow musicians. It is my pleasure to introduce myself to you so that we can get acquainted. May I ask though, is that hair all yours?

Jade: Yes, it's all ours! :P
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline genocidal king  
#6 Posted : 27 September 2011 06:46:31(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Katie: Two very pretty girls. Can't wait to hear what you can do! :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#7 Posted : 27 September 2011 06:48:38(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Katie: Two very pretty girls. Can't wait to hear what you can do! :)

Jade: Thanks Katie! I loooove your music! I'm a huge fan :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline genocidal king  
#8 Posted : 27 September 2011 06:51:40(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Katie: Awww thanks :) sadly there won't be anymore, but thanks, that means a lot to me :)
UserPostedImage
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#9 Posted : 27 September 2011 06:59:58(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Katie: Awww thanks :) sadly there won't be anymore, but thanks, that means a lot to me :)

Jade: Well, I guess people can't make music forever. Good luck in whatever you choose to do next!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline C4AJoh  
#10 Posted : 28 September 2011 08:22:30(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8588 time(s) in 2691 post(s)
"Hey peeps and peepette's. Another update from us, I know two updates in two days, we really are spoiling you but we aim to please because we're awesome like that. Anyway yeah we've got a nice shiney new single for you all to feast upon tommorow. The song is called well, I'm not gonna tell you, keep you all guessing, see we can be mean too. Anyway yeah, check it out tommorow, should blow your freaking minds.
Anyway bye for now pretty people."

- Mia and Jade <3
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 28/09/2011(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#11 Posted : 29 September 2011 08:02:58(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

Length:
3:45

Written By:
Mia Clark

Description
The song starts off with a soft drum beat followed by a quiet piano introduction which is quickly followed by the first verse of the song. The music slowly starts to build and as it reaches the pre-chorus the music starts to get more powerful as the drum’s start to beat louder and the an electric guitar and bass guitar is heard and as the song reaches the chorus, everything is in place for the song as the two girls sing together with power and aggression. After they sing the pre chorus for the second time, there's a 15 second instrumental. The song then starts to slow back down towards the end and fades out on the lyrics from the chorus.

Mia’s comment
“I adore this song. I think it’s got a mix of everything that me and my sister love in our music, it’s not too heavy to the point where it hurts to listen to it but it’s got the perfect balance. I think it shows what kinda music we’ll make and I think it’s the perfect song for us to release as a debut single. It’s all about anger and revenge and I love that about the song. We're really inspired by Glamazon recently and that kind of powerful woman is very inspirational to us, so hopefully we can create our own path but you'll also see some of our influences, but all in all I think it's a great song for us to debut ”
- Mia

Jade's comment
"This is one of my favorite songs on the E.P. The concept of the song was really easy. It shows our edgy side. My sister really wrote the song well and after she showed it to me I thought this would fit perfectly on our debut E.P. I hope everyone loves it as much as we do and maybe it can shed some light on our future music."
-Jade

Olive- Jade
Red - Mia
Black - Together

Lyrics
[Verse 1]
When I First Met You, Our Love, It Ran So Deep
I Told You All Of My Dirty Little Secrets, That You, You Just Couldn’t Keep
Then My Heart Was Filled With So Much Pain, Anger And Regret
And I Promise You, I Will Never Forget

Boy, This Fire Will Burn Until I Get Back On My Feet
But Trouble, It Is Brewing And Revenge It Tastes So Sweet
So Watch Your Back And Every Step You Take
Because A Fragile Heart Is Easy To Break

[Pre-Chorus]
I’ll Bring You Back Into My Life And Make You Fall In Love
I’ll Make You Feel Like The Only One, Like An Angel From Above

But As You Fall Even More In Love, Well, That’s Just When I’ll Turn
Boy, I’ll Take Everything You Own And I’ll Smile As I Watch It Burn

[Chorus]
And Then We’ll Go At It
Hell For Leather, Hell For Leather
And Then We’ll Forget It
For Worse Or Better, For Worse Or Better

And Then We’ll Go At It
And Then You’ll Regret It

[Verse 2]
I’ll Watch You Life Start To Crumble All Around
I’ll Burn Your Dreams Right Down To The Ground
I’ll Give You A Smile And I’ll Flash My Lashes
I’ll Laugh In Your Face As Look Down At Your Ashes

You’ll Never Forget The Day That You Wrecked Things
You Didn’t Realize The Pain That A Broken Heart Brings
And Now You’ve Got Nothing, Nothing To Give
Well You Know What They Say, “Just Live And Let Live.”

[Pre-Chorus]

[Chorus]
And Then We’ll Go At It
And Then We’ll Forget It

And Then We’ll Go At It
{Fade To End}
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

C4AJoh on 29/09/2011(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 29/09/2011(UTC)
Offline Mckenzie-  
#12 Posted : 29 September 2011 08:32:57(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
Ryan: If this is a glimpse of what's to come from you two girls, im intrigued. Very good, im a fan.
retired x
thanks 1 user thanked Mckenzie- for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 29/09/2011(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#13 Posted : 29 September 2011 08:34:51(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8588 time(s) in 2691 post(s)
Ryan: If this is a glimpse of what's to come from you two girls, im intrigued. Very good, im a fan.

Mia: Yeah pretty great huh? I'm sure you'll love our future releases ;)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#14 Posted : 29 September 2011 08:35:16(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Jade: Thanks Ryan! :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline mebeme101  
#15 Posted : 29 September 2011 08:42:56(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Mandy: This is totally awesome I love you girls already lol
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#16 Posted : 29 September 2011 08:45:10(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Mandy: This is totally awesome I love you girls already lol

Jade: Aw thanks Mandy! :) I really love your music too.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

#17 Posted : 29 September 2011 10:43:38(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Cassie: If you two keep making music like this, I'll be your biggest fan. :)

Neveah: Loving the song sweeties.

RoseJapanFan on 29/09/2011(UTC)
Offline MATTT  
#18 Posted : 29 September 2011 10:50:51(UTC)
MATTT

Man

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 99 post(s)
Ecstasy: We should tour bitches! Just saying..... :)
MY ARTISTS

hindsight.
UserPostedImage
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#19 Posted : 02 October 2011 02:01:54(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

Tracklist:
1. Hell For Leather
2. Steal Your Heart (Augustana Cover)
3. Take It All

Released:
October 2, 2011

Summary:

‘Memoirs Of A Freak’ is the title of the debut E.P from pop-rock duo Pretty Little Freaks. The E.P marks the first official release of music from the London-based duo and is set to become available from Sunday 2, October 2011. The E.P consists of three songs, two original songs, with the fiery rock track, Hell For Leather and the slightly more emotional rock track, Take It All. The E.P also includes a cover song by Augustana, titled Steal Your Heart which is sure to get stuck in your head for a very long time. The E.P will be released independently and will be supported by the release of Hell For Leather as a lead single which is also available from October 2, 2011 and will be released in an attempt to generate interest with the pop-rock duo as they search for a record deal. So check out ‘Memoirs Of A Freak’ from Sunday 2 October, 2011 and remember that this is where you heard them first.

1. Hell For Leather

Length:

3:45

Written By:
Mia Clark

Description
The song starts off with a soft drum beat followed by a quiet piano introduction which is quickly followed by the first verse of the song. The music slowly starts to build and as it reaches the pre-chorus the music starts to get more powerful as the drum’s start to beat louder and the an electric guitar and bass guitar is heard and as the song reaches the chorus, everything is in place for the song as the two girls sing together with power and aggression. After they sing the pre chorus for the second time, there's a 15 second instrumental. The song then starts to slow back down towards the end and fades out on the lyrics from the chorus.

Mia’s comment
“I adore this song. I think it’s got a mix of everything that me and my sister love in our music, it’s not too heavy to the point where it hurts to listen to it but it’s got the perfect balance. I think it shows what kinda music we’ll make and I think it’s the perfect song for us to release as a debut single. It’s all about anger and revenge and I love that about the song. We're really inspired by Glamazon recently and that kind of powerful woman is very inspirational to us, so hopefully we can create our own path but you'll also see some of our influences, but all in all I think it's a great song for us to debut ”
- Mia

Jade's comment
"This is one of my favorite songs on the E.P. The concept of the song was really easy. It shows our edgy side. My sister really wrote the song well and after she showed it to me I thought this would fit perfectly on our debut E.P. I hope everyone loves it as much as we do and maybe it can shed some light on our future music."
-Jade

Olive- Jade
Red - Mia
Black - Together

Lyrics
[Verse 1]
When I First Met You, Our Love, It Ran So Deep
I Told You All Of My Dirty Little Secrets, That You, You Just Couldn’t Keep
Then My Heart Was Filled With So Much Pain, Anger And Regret
And I Promise You, I Will Never Forget

Boy, This Fire Will Burn Until I Get Back On My Feet
But Trouble, It Is Brewing And Revenge It Tastes So Sweet
So Watch Your Back And Every Step You Take
Because A Fragile Heart Is Easy To Break

[Pre-Chorus]

[Chorus]
And Then We’ll Go At It
And Then We’ll Forget It

And Then We’ll Go At It

[Verse 2]
I’ll Watch You Life Start To Crumble All Around
I’ll Burn Your Dreams Right Down To The Ground
I’ll Give You A Smile And I’ll Flash My Lashes
I’ll Laugh In Your Face As Look Down At Your Ashes

You’ll Never Forget The Day That You Wrecked Things
You Didn’t Realize The Pain That A Broken Heart Brings
And Now You’ve Got Nothing, Nothing To Give
Well You Know What They Say, “Just Live And Let Live.”

[Pre-Chorus]

[Chorus]
And Then We’ll Go At It
And Then We’ll Forget It

And Then We’ll Go At It
{Fade To End}
Sounds Like:

2. Steal Your Heart (Augustana Cover)

Length: 3:33

Description:
The song starts with a soft drum beat and keyboards are heard in the background. The song has an echo sound as Mia and Jade trade vocals and play off against each other through the song. The drums are much louder during the chorus as the two sisters sing together, “I’m gonna steal your heart, gonna steal your heart away.” A bass guitar is heard during the second verse and as they get back to the chorus, the volume increases again as they sing the repetitive lyrics together. The song then closes out on two drum beats following the huge final chorus.

Mia's Comments:
“We were deciding whether to do a cover song on the E.P and we were a little unsure if we should or not but once we listened to this song it was such an easy decision to make. It’s insanely catchy and we both fell in love with the song when we heard it so it was such an easy decision to make because this song is just great, so for us to get to record it and put it on the E.P was awesome for us. We loved listening to it and we’re glad we got to record it. So yeah a pretty great song and I think our version is pretty great too”
-Mia

Jade's Comments:
"This is probably my favorite song on the entire E.P. It's so beautiful and as soon as I heard it I knew we had to make a cover of it! The lyrics are beautiful, the sound is similar to our sound and it was a match made in musical heaven. This song gave me a chance to actually show off my voice a little bit because there's a certain sound I wanted my voice to have to kinda sound like the original but make it my own sound, if that makes sense. I love the original and adore our cover."
-Jade

Olive - Jade
Red - Mia
Black - Together

[Verse 1]
You meet me at the water
Where all your dreams come true
Tell your sisters and your brother
Well I'll be waiting for you

And when all of this is over
When all your silver turn to gold
Say a prayer for each other
Someday I'm gonna steal your heart

[Chorus]
I'm gonna steal your heart
Gonna steal your heart away
Gonna steal your heart

[Verse 2]
Now love is like an ocean
Take it down to the depths
And I'm taking you with me
Taking every step to steal your heart

I'm gonna steal your heart away
Gonna steal your heart

[Verse 3]
Life is like a shadow
It never stays in one place
I'm standing here anyway
However long it takes to steal your heart

[Chorus]
Gonna steal your heart
And then I'll steal your heart away
(I'm gonna steal your heart)I'm gonna steal your heart
Steal your heart away
I'm gonna steal your heart (Heeeeeeart)
Steal your heart away
Sounds Like:

3. Take It All

Length:
3:41

Written By: Mia Clark, Jade Clark

Description:
This song is about finding some strength, it’s about being yourself. The song begins with an acoustic guitar and drum introduction which slowly opens the song, a soft piano sound can also be heard in the background and as the music continues throughout, the music increases in power as verse 1 and verse 2 showed the vulnerable side to Mia and Jade, during the chorus that all changes as the music get’s louder and the girls sing with power and aggression with a rock vocal as they sing, “Take it all, just take it all, I don’t wanna hear right now, take it all.”
During the bridge is where you hear the girls vocals at their most powerful and then the following chorus is where the music begins to soften briefly but then quickly increases as Jade screams the final note, “My heeeeeaaaaaad.”

Mia's Comments:
“This is the second original song from the E.P and we like the feeling and theme of the song, we were really happy with it when we wrote it and recording it was so much fun because we got to mess around with the pace of it a little, the final recorded version of it was the best version we came up with and I think it blends our aggressive rock side and our softer side too, I think it fits on the E.P really well and I think people will love it.”
- Mia

Jade's Comments:
"This was the first song I wrote and the meaning to me was so important and goes with our whole entire persona. We want to show that you don't always have to listen to others and try to fit their mold of how someone should look or act but do what feels comfortable and good to you. I'm a huge rock fan so we definitely had to show our rock side on this E.P. and it shows just how versatile we are with our music."
-Jade

Red-Jade
Blue-Mia
Black-Together

[Verse 1]
I'm tired of this life, tired of this world
It's time to spice it up, the unaverage girl
Put away the tears, open up your mind
You'll never know what kind of things you will find

[Chorus]
Take it all,
Just take it all,
I don't wanna hear right now (right now)
Take it all,
Just take it all,
All the things you've said
The lies imprinted in my head

[Verse 2]
I never danced in my bedroom at night
I never sat with you under the moonlight
Instead I’ll stick to just being me
I’ll remain as the person I was meant to be

[Chorus]
Take it all,
Just take it all,
Take it all,
Just take it all,
The lies imprinted in my head

[Bridge]
I need to know
Just when you'll be through
When all else fails
Will you be youuuuuuuuuuu?

[Chorus]
Take it all,
Just take it all,
Take it all,
Just take it all,
The lies imprinted in my head(My heeeeeeaaaaad)
Sounds Like:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 02/10/2011(UTC)
#20 Posted : 02 October 2011 02:19:31(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Cassie: Memoirs of a Freak, i like. :)

Nevaeh: Brilliant work sweeties. If you sweethearts don't get a deal after this I don't know what to say about the music industry.

RoseJapanFan on 02/10/2011(UTC)