logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mckenzie-  
#1 Posted : 22 December 2011 05:58:16(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
Im starting this to get the opinions of other in the light of Luis Suarez and John Terry getting charged/banned for making racial remarks in a match.

innocent until proven guilty? well, that is now the case.. guilty

Id like to start by asking all Liverpool fans, players and staff why they are 'angered' a the FA? The FA had sufficient evidence to ban Suarez for 8 games, yet they say they will stand by Suarez and that he is innocent. It is very annoying. Liverpool players have stated today that they are angry at the FA and they will fight along with Suarez as they know he is not racist. He may not be racist but made inappropriate comments and deserves his punishment. Disgrace.

The same goes for the so called role model, England and Chelsea captain John Terry. Far from a clean slate.. and now this. Got to be the end of his England captaincy.. absolutely disgraceful from Terry.

What are all your thoughts on this?
retired x
Offline Taylr  
#2 Posted : 22 December 2011 09:38:32(UTC)
Taylr

Man

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 73 post(s)
It's ridiculous now to be honest. I honestly believe that foreign players in the premier league should be cut down. They all cause trouble and give the league a bad name. Also, I find it funny how apparently Suarez said 'negredo' which supposedly is a greeting in Spanish, which seems like a load of shit.
Offline The Nimrods  
#3 Posted : 22 December 2011 11:54:06(UTC)
The Nimrods

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Taylr Go to Quoted Post
It's ridiculous now to be honest. I honestly believe that foreign players in the premier league should be cut down. They all cause trouble and give the league a bad name. Also, I find it funny how apparently Suarez said 'negredo' which supposedly is a greeting in Spanish, which seems like a load of shit.

He said "Negrito" which is a term of endearment which is true, I speak near fluent spanish, but the way Suarez used it was still probably a taunt seeing as they're on the pitch and not close friends.
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....

Offline genocidal king  
#4 Posted : 22 December 2011 23:06:58(UTC)
genocidal king

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Taylr Go to Quoted Post

John Terry isn't really a foreigner though, and his offence was far worse than what Suarez is alleged to have said.
UserPostedImage
Offline Mckenzie-  
#5 Posted : 22 December 2011 23:39:18(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
Both of them are un-excusable. I doubt Suarez was endearing Evra as they where squaring up to each other.. his facial expressions also showed that. I jsut can't believe Liverpool are condemning what he did, and are angry at the FA for punishing him.

John Terry.. well, he has been in our spotlight a lot recently. He deserves the exact same treatment, but what's more, stripped of his captaincy. I believe he will have lost a lot of support from fellow players and staff alike.
retired x
Offline Aj  
#6 Posted : 25 December 2011 07:11:52(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
I think it's not surprising at all. There's no doubt John Terry called him whatever he called him in my opinion, doesn't mean he's racist just means he's a fucking idiot. But then that's not surprising as I said. Footballs just generally in a sorry state in terms of morals at the moment and has been for a way. The irony is that the football being played in the Premier League is probably the most exciting it's been in ages too.

But I think a more prominent problem in football is homophobia. You don't see that getting talked about nearly as much as you see racism being talked about. More foreign players and even a lot of British players nowadays all go and kiss and cuddle when they score a goal, so what's wrong with a player doing that off of the pitch? Like all big cultural events, it's just a reflection of the society around it. And our society is one full of thick-headed casual homophobes/racists, and it's the honest truth. Getting racism and homophobia out of football is going to take a lot more than a couple of FIFA or FA sponsored adverts.
thanks 1 user thanked Aj for this useful post.
Mckenzie- on 01/01/2012(UTC)