logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

10 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline GirlSpice  
#21 Posted : 17 January 2012 19:54:06(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
I haven't watched much lately, but American Horror Story is amazing, the UK is still a little behind with some of the episodes, but I've seen them all online now. Really looking forward to the next season!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 2 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
DistortedAudio on 18/01/2012(UTC), infinite135 on 24/01/2012(UTC)
Offline forkboy  
#22 Posted : 17 January 2012 20:15:49(UTC)
forkboy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DistortedAudio Go to Quoted Post
I don't know why, but for some reason the Hour Long TV Show is something that I'm naturally detracted from. Maybe it's because I feel the need to push through TV Shows at a breakneck speed and the half-hour episodes make it easier, but throughout the second half of last year, the Hour-Long episodes have been controlling my watching. Mainly because of three shows:

American Horror Story

Breaking Bad

Hell on Wheels/The Walking Dead

Get some of The Wire, The Sopranos, Deadwood & Oz in your life. HBO drama series are just the best!
thanks 1 user thanked forkboy for this useful post.
DistortedAudio on 18/01/2012(UTC)
Offline DistortedAudio  
#23 Posted : 18 January 2012 03:53:27(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
It's weird. The Wire was filmed in my city and yet I've never seen an episode even though I'm SURE it's one of the best shows of my time. I'm lazy about being lazy. You're missing a few key HBO shows there though like Bored to Death, Band of Brothers, Life and Times of Tim.

@GirlSpice;

American Horror Story was one of the shows that I started from the beginning and had to keep watching (A Horror TV SHOW, I needed it). If there is such a thing as a tasteful school shooting sequence, AHS nailed it. Every character was cool, the history of the house was great and the fact that next season is going to be featuring a whole new cast has me excited.

Watching:

Being Human, Breaking Bad and Doc Who now.
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
thanks 1 user thanked DistortedAudio for this useful post.
infinite135 on 24/01/2012(UTC)
Offline Mckenzie-  
#24 Posted : 18 January 2012 04:36:24(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
LOST - Love this! I know it has finished now, but i never really watched it beforehand so forced myself to buy the boxsets to get into it. Completed season 1 in a week, thats 25 episodes.. 7 days. Couldn't turn it off.

The Walking Dead - Currently on its winter break hiatus, due to start back up in February again. Stoked for this, its been rather slow thus far, which im fine with.. we're getting a deeper view of each character.. aslong as it doesn't become to sloppy and side-tracked by the whole SPOILER ALERT baby debacle. There is still so much avenues for them to explore with this, looks like it could last a few more seasons yet.

Falling Skies - I did like it.. before it turned all Disney PG. It was obvious the whole way through that the kid would be rescued.. and im heartless when it comes to these things. Stop following mid-way through season 1.

Band Of Brothers/The Pacific/Generation Kill - All 3 of these = LOVE! Got all 3 on boxset, however Band Of Brothers is the highlight of them all, its the standout. Generation Kill is the one not much people have heard off, its based on Americans in Iraq. It is again rather slow, however details their emotions well on how at the beginning of it all, all the American soldiers wanted to do was get into action and kill. This all changed though when they saw the wreckage and their fellow comrades knocking on deaths door. Still a very good show.
retired x
thanks 1 user thanked Mckenzie- for this useful post.
DistortedAudio on 18/01/2012(UTC)
Offline DistortedAudio  
#25 Posted : 18 January 2012 13:50:42(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Watched 500 Days of Summer the best love story of the 2000s followed by the best love story ever: Annie Hall.

Something about the indecisiveness of Woodie Allen in the film makes it cringe-funny. Still on the Breaking Bad bender. Gus just got introduced, if things weren't already real, shit would be getting real.
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
PANIC! on 19/01/2012(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#26 Posted : 18 January 2012 14:04:01(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17920 time(s) in 10413 post(s)
over the weekend i saw:

it's complicated- miss hess wanted to watch it.worth the price of admission to see meryl streep smoking out.alec baldwin was pretty spiffy in it.

salt-i felt like smashing a beer can against my forehead after seeing it.very....actiony.

dr strangelove- a firm,yet supple favorite.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline Raphaela  
#27 Posted : 18 January 2012 14:13:53(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas neve gets old to me.
And the last movie I watched was another movie about Gonzo, Where the Buffalo Roam.
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
thanks 1 user thanked Raphaela for this useful post.
erich hess on 19/01/2012(UTC)
Offline DistortedAudio  
#28 Posted : 19 January 2012 07:17:01(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. In the conclusion of a Dollars Trilogy marathon.
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
erich hess on 19/01/2012(UTC)
Offline Mckenzie-  
#29 Posted : 19 January 2012 07:56:35(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Giving Warrior a blast tonight. Heard some rave reviews for it, and apparently it isn't predictable despite being a sports movie. Ill be the judge of that...
retired x
thanks 1 user thanked Mckenzie- for this useful post.
DistortedAudio on 19/01/2012(UTC)
Offline DistortedAudio  
#30 Posted : 19 January 2012 08:28:42(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

The predictable ones are the good ones. Really though there's two types of sports films. Predictable ones which are awesome.

Sad ones that biographical about raging drug abuse:
The Fighter
Raging Bull
etc.
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline erich hess  
#31 Posted : 19 January 2012 08:48:36(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17920 time(s) in 10413 post(s)
ive been meaning to watch raging bull for years.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline Mckenzie-  
#32 Posted : 19 January 2012 09:04:07(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Always a film ive wanted to watch, just never really.. well, watched it.

Seriously looking forward to Man On A Ledge. Looks like a great thriller.
retired x
Offline DistortedAudio  
#33 Posted : 20 January 2012 02:25:09(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Raging Bull is a classic in my opinion. There are many great De Niro films and Raging Bull tops half of them.
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline DistortedAudio  
#34 Posted : 22 January 2012 14:05:16(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

I really really really want to know where American Horror Story Season Two is going to be set. I know it's coming back in October (ala The Walking Dead) and that mostly teenagers are going to be cast.
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline PANIC!  
#35 Posted : 22 January 2012 15:15:16(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Today I finally got around to seeing Moneyball. While I'm not a big fan of biographical sports films, despite being a huge fan of most sports, I must say this film is one of the best I've seen in any genre. I enjoyed the fact that little actual baseball playing was seen, and the film focused more on Brad Pitt's character who's a general manager of a Major League Baseball team, and everything that goes with it behind the game in the front-office. I liked seeing Jonah Hill in a film that isn't comedy, though his character does offer most of the comedy relief throughout. And Brad Pitt was just brilliant in this film.

A few films that are on my to-watch list includes, Drive, which I will pick up when it comes out on Blu-ray. Also another Gosling movie, George Clooney's The Ides of March, I've read mixed reviews of it but I'm a sucker for political films, so I have that in Netflix queue. I missed the limited release of Shame, so I'll likely have to wait a few months until it's released, but from the trailer and small clips I've seen, it looks like a very compelling story that gives a realistic view of sex addiction, and doesn't make it sexy.

TV wise, with the hiatus from Community (The current season is falling a bit short for me, but I still think this comedy is brilliant), I've caught up with The Big Bang Theory along with a few more network shows that are already well into their third seasons and beyond. What can I say? I'm a TV and film buff.

The drama side, finally watched the final season of Entourage, it was better than the rather lackluster season 7, but I still hope the film is made to really close the book on it. Californication and its new season has begun and it still stands as one of my favorite cable shows. Hank Moody is still a mess and the show is still entertaining. As some have mentioned prior, I agree, American Horror Story is an extremely entertaining series.

Some shows that I'm looking forward to their return are; Mad Men, finally returning from its much prolonged hiatus in March. The British/American series Episodes with Matt LeBlanc playing a fictional version of himself. I didn't love the first season but it was enjoyable enough to make me want to watch it when it returns in the Summer. I'm still a bit dazed on how LeBlanc won a Golden Globe for this show, but what do I know. Louis C.K.'s Louie. The best part of the show is probably his stand-up, as the storylines do seem to fall short sometimes. Nevertheless, it's a funny show. And of course, I have to mention Breaking Bad and its final season coming this year. Or is it being split in two? Either way I'm excited for it.

Okay.

Now I'm done.

Edited by user 22 January 2012 15:18:06(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked PANIC! for this useful post.
DistortedAudio on 22/01/2012(UTC)
Offline DistortedAudio  
#36 Posted : 22 January 2012 15:59:15(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

First off. Thank you for saying everything I've forgotten to mention in the thread. Louie is the best comedy on Television period, or I would dare say the best show currently on TV. The episode, Bully really cemented that fact for me, not to mention Duckling. Also It's Always Sunny in Philedelphia continues to blast the Television Comedies in its slot. Every time I watch it I find new ways to hate and love the protagonists.

I think it's unanimous that Drive is on everyone's list, recently however I've been pulled in by The Artist a silent film that swept the Golden Globes. It's worth seeing according to a few friends.

Finally,

Troy and Abed in the Mooooornniing.

UserPostedImage

I get that Seinfeld classic vibe almost every episode (Advanced Dungeons and Dragons being the one that really glued in the fact that this was Primetime Television). Loved it. SixSeasonsAndAMovie, TwelveSeasonsAndAThemePark.
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
PANIC! on 22/01/2012(UTC)
Offline forkboy  
#37 Posted : 22 January 2012 21:30:34(UTC)
forkboy

Last night I ended up watching South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut as it was on the telly. So much fun. And terrific songs. La Resistance lives on.
Offline forkboy  
#38 Posted : 24 January 2012 05:01:56(UTC)
forkboy

Really near the end of Lost now. Can practically taste it. In the middle of a really neat episode which so far has all been about Jacob & his brother growing up. Awesome Alison Janney cameo.
Offline Mckenzie-  
#39 Posted : 24 January 2012 05:22:13(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Originally Posted by: forkboy Go to Quoted Post
Really near the end of Lost now. Can practically taste it. In the middle of a really neat episode which so far has all been about Jacob & his brother growing up. Awesome Alison Janney cameo.

Don't post the ending on here when your done! If you are, post a spoiler, im only on season two.

Watched 50/50 again yesterday. Man, what a good film. Seth Rogan really is a funny guy!
retired x
Offline DistortedAudio  
#40 Posted : 24 January 2012 05:51:30(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

I want to see 50/50. I want to.
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY