logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Aj  
#1 Posted : 17 January 2012 04:43:26(UTC)
Aj

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Realise I probably look like a bit of a tit posting this on here seeing as it's got nothing to do with you lot, but I really haven't got a clue what to do and I think hearing a strangers opinion can sometimes be best. I'll keep it short.

Just broke up from a relationship of 1 year and 3 months with the girl who is perfect to me. She's hot, funny, hard-working, caring (most of the time) and just generally perfect. Only issues are that she is incredibly jealous, and that she can be quite snappy and harsh sometimes, and she's also quite needy, but I guess that's not always a bad thing depending on your opinion.

But anyway, she says to me she's not sure if she loves me as much any more, and suggested we broke up properly for a week to see if we could handle it (even when she went on holiday I texted her every day and racked up a £100 phone bill.) And I'd be lying if I said I loved her exactly the same, because she's been going through a hard time herself. She's had some personal problems which have affected both of us and nearly ruined us on multiple occasion and it's been really distressing. However, it came to a head recently when it was dangerously bad and we got her family involved, and now she has other people aside from me to rely on.

She says that she thinks this is completely unrelated, and she loved me way before any of these personal problems begun, so here's my dilemma. Do I try and get her back, running the risk of turning out to be the very thing that causes her problems or her realising that the spark went out a while ago but she's carried on just because I've been a support? Or do I leave it as it is and seperate completely from her.

I can tell you now, this is not just a crush or anything like that. She really has impacted my entire life for the better. I don't go out and have as much fun with my friends, but I work harder, am doing better in school, are more cheerful(before the problems) and I'm generally a funnier, kinder person.

Any advice, literally ANY advice, would be really appreciated. Thanks anyway you lot are always the people I come to when a problem's too big for me to handle myself.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2 Posted : 17 January 2012 04:55:50(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Okay..trying to process it..so you still love her and she still loves you but she's not sure if she loves you as much due to some personal problems that have happened??

If that's the case I think you should probably just talk to her about it :/ If she loves you then she should be able to tell you just about anything and you two could work it out but if it's that big of a problem then you should probably just leave her be.

Not sure if that was good advice or not lol, but yeah.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline Aj  
#3 Posted : 17 January 2012 04:59:54(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Okay..trying to process it..so you still love her and she still loves you but she's not sure if she loves you as much due to some personal problems that have happened??

If that's the case I think you should probably just talk to her about it :/ If she loves you then she should be able to tell you just about anything and you two could work it out but if it's that big of a problem then you should probably just leave her be.

Not sure if that was good advice or not lol, but yeah.

I still love her, but she's not sure if she loves me enough, if that makes sense aha?
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#4 Posted : 17 January 2012 05:03:13(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Ohhh okay, I get it. Well I would say maybe she's just confuse at the moment and going through that time where people start to question if they still love someone like before or something. I still say you should talk to her and stuff.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline Raphaela  
#5 Posted : 20 January 2012 14:44:33(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
I think you should give her some time alone to think, to figure out what's causing the problems and how to solve them.
If she goes after you, she wants you. If not, well, maybe it was for the best.
She was great in your life and you'll never forget her, but sometimes the love ends... You can't blame her or you, it just happens.
If you found a perfect girl at the age of 17 (that's your age if I'm not mistaken), imagine how many more you'll find in 20, 30 years from now. I know it's hard, been there, but this is really all I can say.
You can tell her "I'll be here for you" and then do as I say, that's what I would do. It'll be painful, but either you two will work out, or you'll realise the love is gone.
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline _Python_  
#6 Posted : 20 January 2012 18:22:32(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

Was thanked: 106 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Well if you've been here for a year three months and she doesn't know if she loves you... Not trying to imply anything here, but doesn't that sound even a little fishy to you?
UserPostedImage