logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline asdf  
#1 Posted : 29 January 2012 19:07:28(UTC)
asdf

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
A while back, I started to work this picture of a man in a black coat standing in a grave yard and kneeling beside a tombstone into a movie idea. I thought, what if he didn't actually know that person? What if he was Death incarnate and he was weeping for someone he had taken, whom he had no previous connections with?

The idea stuck with me, and I've really wanted to develop it into something. I wanted to show what it would be like for the Reaper if he existed, and if he was a person who had been given the duty of soul taking upon his own death despite his reluctance. I also began to develop the idea of the whole thing being about him passing his burden to the next Reaper, to someone else. So, despite not having a great camera with a great microphone, or being a great writer/actor/director, I'm going to try and get this done. So far, I've completed a makeshift monologue style trailer in the middle of the night which I will be posting later.

STORY SYNOPSIS -

Death is seen kneeling at a tombstone weeping. A girl(guy?) spots him and tries to console him, but he angrily tells her to leave him. Weeks later, the same girl spots him again at another tombstone. This time, she puts her hand on his shoulder, leaving him to look on in horror as he expects her to die from touching death. She lives and walks away, which he then realizes means that she is the person who is to succeed him as the Reaper. After much complication, he explains this too her and is forced with the task of showing her everything that she will soon be facing.

He takes her on his jobs as he takes people from this world, which is slowly becoming a more mentally draining task for him to complete. In a fit of sorrow in the grave yard he explains to her that every stone is not just a rock for him, it is a face that he knows he will have to face when he finally moves on, and he is worried that they will be angry with him. Finally, driven half to madness, he is relieved of his duties and passes his cloak and gloves to the girl. He explains that she will hate the job, but that in the end everything will be alright. He then walks into the sunset as they say.

Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History