logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

446 Pages«<429430431432433>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PANIC!  
#8601 Posted : 28 February 2021 11:57:59(UTC)
PANIC!

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
“Beats me. The kid drank through all my good bottles,” Ryan remarked quietly as Ellie stood beside him. That fact was very minor as he had the resources to easily obtain anything he desired. A part of him was thankful that Joshua never got wind of the wine cellar that was in the basement of this place, knowing that the monetary loss would have been greater had his friend gotten his hands on that collection.

He carefully watched the interaction between the two play out on the couch. Ellie-Grace had this natural, for a lack of better word, grace to herself. She was genuine and kind. Someone who put their into hearts into the people she cared about. There was no price tag that you could put on that valuable trait. His thoughts drift for a moment before he shakes his head out of it upon hearing the conversation shift to him. “Yeah, I think our Joshy over there should probably sleep this off. Ideally with a puke bucket beside him.” He puts emphasis on his nickname as he never called him that. At this moment it seemed right given how absentminded he was, Ryan knew that he would not hear the end of it if he referred to him as such sober.

Ryan walks over towards the pair, his arms crossed as he props his knee on the couch beside Ellie. “Sorry, buddy. I think you lost your privileges to hang out with the adults tonight.” He stated in a calm but stern fashion, almost as if it was a parent taking disciplinary action towards their child. “Do you want to carry him or should I?” He questions at Ellie, tapping her shoulder with a teasing smirk knowing very well who would be responsible for the task.
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#8602 Posted : 28 February 2021 12:23:32(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19117 time(s) in 7588 post(s)
"You weren't kidding when you said he was in some state. My goodness." Ellie-Grace talks to Ryan while running her hand over the top of Joshua's to comfort her spinning friend. She has a natural ability to make everyone feel at ease as she's genuinely a very caring and maternal person. She always wants what's best for people and those who she doesn't care for just fall right out of her mind, never wanting to wish bad or ill fate on anyone. Ellie-Grace nods in agreement with Ryan. "Good idea. We can't have him ruining your bed sheets and floors. You don't pay your poor maid enough." She gives Ryan a playful smirk and a raising of her eyebrows. Looking over at the drunken Joshua, Ellie-Grace sighs and starts to play with her friends curly chocolate hair. "Thankfully I'm trained in situations like this with Alfie. Who'd be a sister, eh?". Ellie-Grace's little brother was only about 14 the last time Ryan met him. Now he's a grown man just slightly older than Joshua, who is also getting drunk and being his own person now.

Ellie-Grace gives Ryan a light batting of her hand against his side. "Hey, like I said, I have experience. I'm stronger than I look!" She jokingly pats her far from muscular arms. "We could both take him upstairs if you want? An arm around each of us. Whatever you think is best for our little...Joshy." Ellie-Grace teases by putting emphasis on the nickname before reaching out and tickling under Joshua's chin.

When Ryan talks to Joshua, the words don't really register with him. Joshua just looks back at Ryan with his drunken glazed eyes and a tired expression on his face. "Y-you...you're good to me...". He reaches out and lightly grazes Ryan's cheek with his fingertips before his arm pathetically flops back down on the couch. He doesn't have the energy to even raise his arm properly let alone make it upstairs.

Ellie-Grace notices how much of a dead weight Joshua seems to be and realises, in comparison, her brother Alfie is not a towering 6'3 either. "On second thought, maybe you should handle this one, Ry." She giggles and gives Ryan an encouraging pat on the shoulder.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

Offline PANIC!  
#8603 Posted : 28 February 2021 14:14:58(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Ryan found himself getting lost in his thoughts the more she was around. It was rare for him to be at awe with someone’s presence. Ellie-Grace had this aura to her that was infectious, regardless of being famous and rich, she was one of the few he knew that were not entirely consumed or changed by this world. It was refreshing. “Now why must you use the term maid? A few very helpful women just come over every week and help me upkeep this place. I don’t need them here all the time.” He shakes his head, smiling down at her. “Damn. Alfie is already getting drunk and breaking hearts? Last time I saw him he didn’t even have facial hair.” He chuckled, thinking back at how he met her family such a long time ago. For as much scrutiny as they both faced with their relationship, it was real enough at the time for both to introduce each other to significant people in their respective lives.

He grins over at Ellie when she bats him for his comment, shrugging his shoulders in an bewildered matter. “I’m not saying that you’re weak by any means, EG. You could probably kick my ass if you really wanted to. ” He nudged her lightly with his elbow before propping himself upright.

From years of experience under his belt, Ryan can’t remember when was the last time he got out of his head enough to blackout from alcohol intake. He knew there were enough pictures out there of him stumbling out of clubs and bars in his younger years where some people were always going to see him as that carefree party guy. He chuckles at Joshua’s drunken remark, nodding his head. “Whatever you say, man. Let’s get you to bed, huh?”

He lets Ellie asses the situation one more time, letting out a soft giggle as she speaks. “I’ll probably have to carry his drunken ass. He may take me down with him otherwise.” Ryan raises the sleeves of his long-sleeved shirt to his elbows, a portion of his tattoo sleeve on his left arm now on display. “You know, Joshua has told me before about that little crush he had on me. I’m pretty sure he’s envisioned this whole interaction before.” He states jokingly to Ellie-Grace as he looks over at Joshua, trying to figure out the best way to go about this. “Do call my maids if he pukes on me, though.”
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#8604 Posted : 01 March 2021 05:00:27(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Ellie-Grace scoffs and shakes her head. "A few very helpful young women? That's not what Culture Uncut refer to them as, Ry." She gives him a playful wink, feeling comfortable enough to joke about his exploits and other women. Also, Ellie-Grace is aware that Ryan has been a good boy lately so the comment is all in jest. "Although, I'd take whatever they say with a pinch of salt. You could be holding charity benefits or a church group session and they'd still think an orgy is the only reason why there would be more than two people at your home." While she is aware of Ryan's affinity with women, she's also aware of how publications have specific agendas and like to paint someone a certain way as it's guaranteed to sell. When Ellie-Grace and Ryan were dating, she'd read about how he was supposedly cheating on her every second day, despite him never leaving her sight. "Yep, that's Alfie." Ellie-Grace nods along with Ryan. Her baby brother is a young man now. "Actually reminds me a lot of our Joshy over here. Full of jokes, can't handle his booze and a real big softy underneath the bravado."

Ellie-Grace takes a step back to give the boys some room. Joshua is hardly dainty and petite. He's the same height as Ryan and pretty much a dead weight right now so it could prove tricky. "Which room are you putting him in? Want me to go ahead and open the door, set the room up? Place a much needed bucket at the side of the bed?". She admires Ryan's tattoo when it's revealed, always finding them attractive and as an extension to his art. While she would never get inked herself, fearing the pain and her indecisiveness, Ellie-Grace has always liked a man with tattoos. After what Ryan just said, it's clear Joshua does too. "Aww, it's a shame he won't remember this scrapbook moment; Ryan Ross Hernandez taking him to bed."

Joshua looks up at Ryan and Ellie-Grace at the mention of bed. "You...you two..are uh...you two....going to bed?" he asks, head swaying side to side and barely being able to keep his eyes opened to focus. "You and Ryan...ha!". Joshua laughs and tilts his head back, resting it on the back of the couch while the lower half of his body is practically sliding off the set.

"No, no. Not me and Ryan, silly!" Ellie-Grace giggles softly and looks over to Ryan with an almost apologetic expression. Drunk people can cause such embarrassment. "You're going up to bed to rest that head of yours. Ryan is going to take you upstairs, OK?" Ellie-Grace speaks in a very soft and encouraging tone as if giving a pep talk to an infant who has to be brave at his dental appointment or something along those lines.

Joshua gives a sharp exhale through his nose and starts to mumble again. "I'm...I'm....yeah...Ry-Ryan's...I'm bed..." He's not so much agreeing to go to bed, more so just trying to mimic what Ellie-Grace just said. He's really out of it.
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#8605 Posted : 01 March 2021 08:18:17(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Ryan smirks and rolls his eyes upon hearing Culture Uncut. That cheap publication was one of the many tabloids that would always look for that one caveat and roll with it. A few times even he had to admit that they nailed it with whatever they reported, although more often than not that was not the case. He took it personally when almost a decade ago everyone was attacking Ellie-Grace about their relationship. He could take the blows, he was experienced in the hypocrisy of public life. She on the other hand was a young woman who was just making her name for herself and was being dragged up by the press with no merit. Everything they could say about him he has heard before. “If I had a squeaky clean reputation from the start, just maybe they would not write about me as much. They’ll still find something. I’m just an easy target.” He remembers being on tour and hearing all these ridiculous claims about him cheating and having these wild parties with an endless amount of women. They always tried to nail him down as he was living like a rockstar when most of the time he wasn’t. “Some will say you should stay the hell away from me, EG. You’ve hit that sweet spot where almost everybody loves you. I’m a dumpster fire.” He said with a small laugh, almost saying it aloud to mentally prepare each other for the headlines that will come out whenever anything they are doing professionally comes out.

“He’s been staying in the second bedroom to the left upstairs. I am a terrible host. I have not been fluffing his pillows or leaving towel doves on his bed. You can go ahead and take care of that.” He tells her jokingly, luxurious comfort was not something that lacked in his household. “Thank god he won’t. This stays between you and me, Ellie.” He wags his finger over to her, grinning.

Ryan chuckles while rubbing his hand over his forehead at Joshua’s comment. It could have been a lot worse what could come out of his mouth in his drunken blur, so in all fairness him remarking that Ryan and Ellie-Grace are going to be bed together was on the more mild end of things. “You know, he can think whatever he wants. He won’t remember a damn thing in the morning. Will you, Grimmie?” He asks tapping his shoulder knowing he is damn well out of it. He does not bother trying to put together what Joshua is trying to say, instead placing one arm under his knees and the other on his upper back, with one swift motion picking up his body and cradling him. Ryan adjusts himself slightly once he has him off the couch. “You’re really not making this easy for me, are you?” He remarks with a scoff, motioning Ellie with his head as to which direction she should go, letting her lead the way.

“Do you remember that one time I had to carry you to bed when you had a little too much red wine? Yeah, I’ll take that any day of the week over carrying this one.” He says while chuckling, Joshua’s helpless body in his arms as he heads towards the staircase.
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#8606 Posted : 02 March 2021 06:10:46(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Thankfully, Culture Uncut haven't mentioned Ellie-Grace in a while but she's still not their biggest fan. Not only is it hard to forgive them for some of the stuff they published about her but they've also targeted her friends who she loves dearly and ferociously protects. Joshua has especially been on the receiving end of some atrocious treatment. She also knows that if they were to get a whiff of her rekindled connection with Ryan, they'll be back on their publication in no time. "I think that as soon as they see a flaw in someone, they make a beeline for you and spin as many stories as they can. Also, there seems to be trends of certain people being popular to hate. Will rinse you through their cycle then spit you out when some other unfortunate is singled out." Ellie-Grace and pretty much all of her closest friends have been there. They'll hound someone every day, causing untold damage to their mental health and then drop them like it meant nothing. "Yeah, almost everyone loves me...aside from a small section of your fanbase who think I'm the antichrist!" Ellie-Grace jokes with a little scowl on her face. 10 years on and there are still some seriously overzealous Ryan fanatics wanting her head on a stick.

She looks down at Joshua as if he's a sleeping new born baby, gazing sweetly at him with a hand on her chest. "Oh he's just so precious!". Even though he's a drunken mess, limbs splayed out all over the place and not making any sense at all, she still finds Joshua endearing. A big kid who can't handle his booze.
"He's like a baby. Not a baby I'd want to carry around and clean up after but all the same..." She chuckles and starts to head out of the room after Ryan tells her where Joshua is sleeping. "OK, I'll go get set up. And I have no idea what you're talking about. You've never had to carry me for I do not get drunk." Ellie-Grace jokes, shaking her head before departing from the room to get a head start on settling Joshua down for the night.

As Joshua is picked up, he starts to laugh, not sure what's going on but finding the motion of it all rather funny. He feels as though he's floating as the room continues to spin while he travels through it without using his legs whatsoever. "I'M STRONG TO THE FINICH 'CAUSE I EATS ME SPINACH!" Joshua decides to randomly shout out the theme tune to Popeye the Sailor before laughing again. At least he's not struggling to get away. He looks at Ryan and just smiles like he's experiencing pure elation. Safe to say that even though Joshua can't tolerate much, he's at least a very happy drunk. "Ryan...you...y-you're..my fr-...y-you're Ryan."

Ellie-Grace comes back from the bedroom and stands at the top of the staircase with her arms folded as she giggles. "Was he just singing Popeye?". She shakes her head and watches as the boys come upstairs, making sure they don't take a tumble down. "I put a bucket down, pulled back the covers and put a little lamp on in the corner so he'll be able to see if he gets up."
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#8607 Posted : 02 March 2021 07:53:46(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Ryan knew exactly what Ellie-Grace meant at the mention of his fans and some of their opinions about her. The most baffling claim that he heard was the blame she received for his sudden shift in sounds during the “Break in the Clouds” and “Traveling Tales” era, years later some still believing that the folk/country shift in his career was due to Ellie. He was aware that some fans that were more on the obsessive end would not like anyone who could possibly become romantically involved with. It irked him how Ellie was portrayed as this Yoko Ono type when she did nothing wrong or influenced any of his decisions during or after the fact they dated. “Hey, at this point you have your own strong group of defenders on your side. I can’t wait for my social media mentions to get flooded by those EG stans.” He jokes with a wink and laugh. It would be utterly oblivious for him to thinking that once word got out that him and Ellie-Grace had any sort of rekindling friendship or whatever else it may build to. While he hoped that with time came wisdom, he knew some people would never look past whatever idea they have built in their heads about an individual.

He stands beside her as she admired Joshua slumped over on the couch, laughing at her reaction. “In all the times I have been utterly wasted, never have I been described as precious. I am a 43 year old grown ass man. I guess he can have this one,” he remarks in a sarcastic tone. Ryan turns his head as Ellie walks away, his eyes admiring her long legs as she heads up the stairs. It was a physical attribute of hers that always appealed to him, probably more so now than ever given his dry spell of sex lately. He shakes his head, returning his focus back to his drunken young friend. “Carrying your ass better get me some brownie points, you bastard.” While he says is quietly, he knows it was more for himself than Joshua who likely would not remember much of the night.

Ryan bits his tongue to not burst out laughing at the random sing-shout coming from his fried as he carries him, mostly to not end up dropping him while he climbs the stairs with him. “Uhh, yes... yes he is. Am I Popeyes? I’ll take it as a compliment.” He lets out a giggle, carefully taking each step to not stumble down. Once at the top of the stairs, he stops beside Ellie. “Thanks for your help, EG. You’re a life saver.” He remarked while smiling before heading towards the bedroom. A part of him wanted to just carelessly throw him onto the bed although the idea quickly escaped his mind at the thought that Joshua could very well puke everywhere at the sudden motion. Instead, he delicately places him down on the bed, arranging his body as straight as possible while adjusting his head on the pillow. He grabs the sheets and throws them over him, lightly tugging them at his sides. “You are going to have a rough morning, Grimmie.” He states while ruffling up Joshua’s hair for a quick moment.

He admires how Ellie-Grace set everything up in the room, clearly her maternal trait kicking in. “You can stick around, if you like. I have nothing planned for the rest of the night.” He mentions towards her, trying to keep his tone as casual as possible, although he mentally scolds himself hoping he did not come off too nonchalant about it. “I think our baby should be out the rest of the night,” he adds quickly to not let a silence set in.
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#8608 Posted : 02 March 2021 15:07:06(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Ellie-Grace is probably one of the least problematic people within the industry. She doesn't get herself involved in feuds, mentors a lot of people within the industry and generally just keeps her opinions to herself. Most of the backlash she has received is out of jealousy and people embellishing stories to suit their own agenda. People today still give her flack for her relationship and breakup with Ryan so they'll definitely be foaming at the mouth if she's pictured leaving his place tonight. "I can't wait either, in all honesty. 2021. It's the year of the woman. Feel our wrath, Hernandez." She smirks, referring to the fact that no male artist has topped the album chart this year and an abundance of powerful women are pushing through with their new music. "Though, I don't think you've ever had a problem with women in charge." A few years back, Ryan's promiscuous ways still hurt and irked her. Seeing the first man she was crazy about being linked to all these other women made her feel as if she wasn't as important to him as he was to her. Now, a good few years older, she understands him and life a whole lot better. People have reasons for being the way they are and have their own ways of getting through this life.

Joshua is practically falling asleep in Ryan's arms by the time they reach the top of the stairs. That little sing-song tired him out. Thankfully it looks like he'll drift off in no time. Ellie-Grace is right, he is very much like a big baby that needs looking after by his parents. He'd probably be more precious if he wasn't smelling of spirits though. He screws up his face and makes a little mumbling noise when Ryan puts him down on the bed, as if protesting the idea of sleep but being too tired to physically move and fight it. "I'm...I-I...I'm n-not...". Joshua closes his eyes and tiredly speaks, again saying something without really saying anything.

"Oh, I'm just doing what any friend would do." Ellie-Grace speaks softly, trying to keep the atmosphere calm so not to rile Joshua up again. He'll want to get back up if he thinks it's still party time. Ellie-Grace watches the interaction between Ryan and Joshua, finding the moment between her two favourite boys so endearing. She places a hand on her chest and continues to speak lowly. "Now that's just adorable. Would it bruise your ego if I said you're like father and son? Would you prefer big brother and little brother instead?" She stifles her laughter, standing in the doorway. When asked if she wants to stick around, Ellie-Grace doesn't hesitate with her answer. "Of course. Didn't just come here to play mom. I'll stay awhile."

"St-stay..." Joshua mumbles and turns a little in the bed.

Ellie-Grace shrugs and laughs quietly. "Well I guess that settles it then. Joshy's word is final."
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#8609 Posted : 02 March 2021 15:56:13(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

It was difficult for people on the outside to believe that Ryan was any different from the loudmouth serial dater they knew from years ago. The actions from his past may harm any relationship he could seek in the future with a woman, which meant more to him than any hateful comment that could be typed about him online. He only had himself to blame. Regardless, it was a tough pill to swallow. “It’s about damn time. I’m all about it. I am tired of seeing white guys at the top, exhibit a right here.” He says, pointing to himself, not oblivious to the countless of opportunities that heterosexual white men seem to get in the entertainment industry and elsewhere. Despite his success, a change of direction was something he was excited to see. “Jeez, look who has all the jokes tonight.” He chuckled, not ever imagining they would ever get to a point where they could talk about such things. He was selfish in the way he carried himself when it came to relationships. Going from woman to woman, not caring about how a former paramour would receive it. He still held onto some regrets about his time with Ellie-Grace, knowing he could have handled the fallout a lot better. That conversation would have to be had, especially if he realistically wanted to earn another chance with her. It was a long road for him to redeem whatever he could of his torn reputation, but he was trying put in the work to actually change. Which unbeknownst to Ellie, she held a huge part as to why he was putting his best foot forward the last few months.

“Let’s go with big brother and little brother. Look at this face. I am too young to have a 22 year old son.” He points at his face laughing, running a hand through his hair while he does. The math was simple enough that he could have easily had a kid young when he was 21, given the age difference between the two. In that timeline it was also strange for him to think that while he was in his early 20s, Ellie was only a toddler. There was early speculation when they dated that the relationship started before she was of legal age which held no truth yet the story was ran with for a long time and some likely still believed that to this day. He breathes a little easier at her response and how quickly she accepts the prospect of only the two of them hanging out. Any second he was able to spend with her was welcomed.

He giggles upon hearing Joshua speak up in a drunken slur, beating him to the punch. Perhaps he subconsciously recalled their conversation and wanted to ensure that his two friends got some time alone. Ryan doubted that but it was a nice thought nevertheless. “Goodnight, Joshy.” He says looking back at him in bed, moving to stand beside Ellie-Grace at the doorway. “We did a good job with this one, didn’t we?” He says aloud as he embraces her shoulder and squeezes her body lightly against his side, before releasing the gentle hold and slyly smirking. “I’ll keep the door cracked open a little in case we hear any bleaching noises.”
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#8610 Posted : 03 March 2021 01:18:17(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"You know, I think Joshy may just have the right idea." Ellie-Grace folds her arms, keeping her voice low as she watches him drift off to sleep. "This world is a scary place. Would do anything to escape it for a bit. Look at him. Completely happy, detached from everything and snuggled up under some covers, drifting off to sleep. Quite frankly, I'm envious." While Ellie-Grace and everyone in this room is in a position of power and privilege, there are still times when life gets tough for them all. Granted, they endure different kinds of hardships but they're hardships nonetheless. Being famous as well as a creator comes with so many expectations, pressures and worries. All the money, accolades and doting fans can't fix those troubles. Ellie-Grace probably has it best out of everyone in this bedroom and even she wishes she could just switch off at times. "Though I must admit, I certainly won't envy the headache he'll be having come morning time. The stuff you drink could knock most people sideways let alone poor Joshy. Bet that's a lesson learnt for him." She laughs softly, moving her hair over her shoulder and out of her face.

"Yeah, big brother and little brother will do. Anything innocent and platonic. You must be tired of all the other conspiracies about the two of you." Ellie-Grace scrunches her nose and gives a playful smile. Even she's aware of the smut written about the pair. "Though if it ever is something you wish to pursue, you have my blessing but just so you know, hurt Joshy and I will turn into Popeye. You'll be cruising for a Southern uppercut." Ellie-Grace playfully makes a fist and very gently bounces it off of Ryan's chin. Ellie actually turning violent is probably further down the list than pigs flying and Hell freezing over.

"Goodnight, Joshy." Ellie-Grace whispers after Ryan and continues looking over at her drunken friend like she's watching over a child of her own. Part of her wishes she could just stay and look after him all night. She doesn't want to walk away from him in case he gets up and hurts himself or if he's sick and needs someone to make him feel better. "If it wasn't so awkward, I'd have all three of us spend the night in here. All cosy and together. Looking out for the intoxicated baby. Safe and sound. Away from the world." Ellie-Grace sighs and lets Ryan give her a little squeeze in the doorway. She doesn't think about the connotations of saying she'd share the space with Ryan as it's coming from a place of worry more than anything right now. Ellie is naturally very family-oriented and has so much love to give to those she cares about. Snuggles may mean a different thing to her and Ryan right about now.
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#8611 Posted : 03 March 2021 02:52:51(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Ryan listens to Ellie-Grace speak, not disagreeing with her outlook. There was a beautiful comfort in simple blissfulness. He can’t remember the last time he was in that particular state, one where he was happy and completely freed from his troubles. “It doesn’t sound too bad when you put it like that.” Given their lives as entertainers, it wasn’t as if they could just go on vacation and forget their problems. There were few places in the world where they could actually function as regular human beings. It came with the territory. “He keeps trying to hang with the big kids, this is what happens. He is still years away from being at my skill level.” Ryan says laughing. His alcohol consumption as of late was more for the appreciation of the spirit and less about binge drinking. Almost everything Joshua took in tonight was hard liquor that was meant to be sipped, not downed in a single gulp.

“I know I have a reputation for liking them enjoy but at this stage, Joshua over here is a little too young, even for me. I can’t have some twenty year age gap between myself and someone I’m dating.” He jokes, unsure how it will land given the company he is with. Ellie was still the youngest person and biggest age gap he has had with someone he had more than a one night stand or fling with. That number never bothered him then as they were both consenting adults, much less now that they were both older. Ryan pretends as if her fist making contact was painful, playfully rubbing his chin. “Alright, alright. I believe you. No need to get violent now.”

Clearly he can tell that Ellie has her worries about leaving Joshua alone, understandably so. He keeps a straight face at the mention of all three of them bundling up in the same the room and escaping for a bit. Ryan was not some untamed savage, although he knew any body heat exchange with a female right now could get away from him particularly in a bedroom setting, but at least Joshua was there even if he was on cloud nine. “Aww, if you want to cuddle with me that badly, you could just ask, EG. You don’t have to use Joshua as an excuse.” He says teasingly in a soft tone to not disrupt the quiet space. “If you want to stay here to keep an eye on him, you absolutely can. This can be your safe haven for a bit too. Whatever you need. I’m here for you too.” He tells her, embracing her forearm for a moment. A lot of his past mistakes could be attribute to simple selfishness, which he wanted to undo with the core of friends he has now.
UserPostedImage
Offline PANIC!  
#8612 Posted : 17 March 2021 13:48:07(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

OOC: I’m sincerely sorry for the sheer length of this start, haha.

It had been a few weeks since their last encounter when they took care of their mutual friend through his own hardships and blackout drunken state. In the time since, Ryan experienced the release of an album that he never thought was going to see the light of day and along with it right back to becoming a target for gossip rags, internet trolls, and diehard fans of his former flames. He was very self-aware of what releasing an album titled Sex with Former Lovers and its equally controversial artwork was going to do, before people even heard a single track. Another hit to his public image and more seeds planted that he is this egotistical, gaslighting, cad of a man. Some of that was warranted given his no-holds-barred writing approach and some past character flaws. Others seemed way out of line to him but he had to roll with the punches. That was the reason behind deleting his social media accounts, so he wouldn’t fall into that slippery slope he had in the past of taking every battle on, responding to every person who had an issue with him. It was better to make the conscious decision to disconnect.

The reports of him isolating away from his friends were greatly exaggerated. Aside from the spotty WiFi and cellular service that were commonplace in his remote Montana home, whenever he traveled out there his immediate circle knew he was doing so for his own mental health. Coming back to LA now just days after his album release presented its own set of challenges but he knew he had to get back in the studio to devote his energy onto his next project. It also meant seeing Ellie-Grace Summers, which was an exciting prospect. While he loved Joshua, this was the first time in years that both of them would be in a casual setting alone, not discussing music or their respective careers, not observing the well being of a friend.

After a day in the studio, he invited Ellie over to his place for some drinks and possibly a meal. It was something he did absentmindedly in the moment and she surprisingly agreed. He knew that occupying his mind would do him better than being alone and falling into his own self-destructive ways. His goal for tonight was just to enjoy himself with good company and attempt to get out of his own head. Through the whirlwind of his own nuisances, he still very much had her on his mind. At first he felt that perhaps all of it was driven from past feeling resurfacing now that she was around in his life again, yet the more he broke it down in his mind, the realization was setting in that these were not passing feelings. Not knowing where her head was at after the latest circus around his name and his many exes, herself included, was mentally daunting. He was not going to attempt to dive into a serious conversation tonight. He was only going with the flow of what their evening brought on.

Ryan was standing in front of his freshly stocked bar, searching through the cabinets. One of his associates went out earlier in the day to fully stock the bar and fridge after Joshua raided the former during his stay with him. It was usually a task he did not mind doing himself but knowing how the paparazzi and media were out looking for blood, he opted to keep a low profile as much as he could until things settled down. His hair was longer now, coincidently not dissimilar to how it looked at the tail-end of his romance with Ellie so long ago. “Alright, so what should we start with? Some wine? Do you drink beer these days? Maybe go straight for the tequila or whiskey?” He questioned aloud, running a hand through his hair while adjusting the long-sleeve denim shirt he had thrown on once he arrived home. He took a moment to look around, unsure of Ellie’s whereabouts in his home but imagining she could hear him. “Shit. Did I lose another one in this damn house?” Ryan jokingly added in a quieter tone, more so to humor himself.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked PANIC! for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 17/03/2021(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#8613 Posted : 18 March 2021 00:29:38(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Ellie-Grace didn't have to think twice about accepting Ryan's invitation. Despite a lot of questionable feelings and grey areas taking over her mind from time to time, she knows that Ryan needs a friend right now and that is far more important. Ellie is aware of what's going on in Ryan's life right now; the backlash against him, the record itself and the deleting of his social media account. She's also wise to the fact that this is the first time he has asked her over to his place as a friend and not as a collaborator or glorified babysitter. Although he's putting on a brave face, it's obvious that Ryan really needs her company right now. Whether it's a shoulder to cry on, cheer him up, so not to feel lonely or something way deeper than that is uncertain, however. Still, she's very fond of Ryan and she's here which is all that matters right now.

As Ryan walks off to his bar, Ellie-Grace takes a few moments to just linger in the hallway, admiring the décor and size of the place. It seems like a very vast, open and bright space which would be good for Ryan's mental health. L.A. outside of his front door may be a totally different kettle of fish with its intrusive nature, busy lifestyle and plethora of seedy, fake and unctuous people but at least the weather and his beautiful gated-community home could provide him with some benefits. "You sure you have enough room in this place for all those Fan Choice Awards heading your way soon?" Ellie-Grace playfully asks Ryan as she re-emerges, walking over to the bar area. He and Joshua are nominated for several awards in the same categories. As long as one of her boys win, she'll be happy.

At the mention of wine, she rests her elbows on the bar and drifts off into dreamland. "Oooh, now you're speaking my language. Do you have a dry white? Perhaps a chardonnay? Something sort of medium-bodied with crisp notes of apple?" She looks at Ryan before giggling. "Honestly, whatever you've got will do." Ellie-Grace does appreciate her wine almost as much as Ryan does his spirits but she's no wine snob. As long as it doesn't taste like straight up vinegar, she'll drink it. Even back in the day before she could legally drink, whenever there was a celebration, it was always a naughty glass of white wine she'd sneak. She grew up with appreciation and respect for alcohol, having a good relationship with it and knowing what is and isn't for her. The younger men in her life like Joshua and Alfie, however, didn't acclimatise themselves to it and threw themselves in at the deep end to some scary but often hilarious results. "Don't worry, I'm not going to start singing "Popeye the Sailor". More of a Betty Boop kind of gal."
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#8614 Posted : 18 March 2021 02:05:03(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

In some ways it felt like this was a moment taking place a decade earlier. Most of that in his mind was due to Ellie-Grace, who always had this immaculate energy to her where if she welcomed you to her life, she was going to be fiercely present. There was no awkwardness or hidden agenda going on between the two and it was pleasant. “I don’t think I’ll have to worry about that too much. Our boy Joshua will likely run the table.” He mentions with a grin, looking up to make eye contact with Ellie when she reappears. Ryan honestly wasn’t aware what all he was up for at the Fan Choice Awards, aside from receiving a few messages about it, he hadn’t bothered looking into it much. Avoiding his phone as much as possible was the way to go for him these days, at least until things blew over, which they always did sooner or later.

He chuckled at her response on what she wanted to drink, stepping away to look through the cabinets for the bottle of wine that best represented what she wanted. Jokingly or not, he wanted to impress her. He digs out a bottle of Chardonnay, presenting it to her as a waiter would at a restaurant. “This may describe what you’re looking for, Ms. Summers. This is a 2009 bottle of chardonnay from Kongsgaard in Napa Valley. It’s not exactly as high end as some other wines of its nature, but it shall start the evening well.” Ryan smiled before setting the wine down and grabbing a opener for it. He had an addictive personality, although rather than falling into the common areas of drug addiction or alcoholism, his addictive traits manifested themselves as once he found an interest in something he dove right into it and became an information sponge about the subject. Be if it were guitars, watches, sneakers, fashion, typewriters, western memorabilia, spirits, or more recently wine, he always gained an appreciation for something new. Granted, it was easier to do so when you had an unlimited amount of money to spend on such things.

“I’ll show you the wine cellar later. We can dig into the premium bottles then.” He remarked, unscrewing the bottle with ease before he grabbed two wine glasses and filled them each perfectly. Ryan laughed as he remembers the whole transgression with drunken Joshua last time she was here. “Does Betty Bop have a song I’m unaware of? If so, please bring it out at some point tonight.” He handed her a glass, while a genuine smile cracked at the corner of his lips. “Thanks for being here, EG.”
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#8615 Posted : 18 March 2021 04:49:20(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"I think you're in with a chance. Both of you really came out swinging last year. You deserve to carry home box loads of awards." Ellie butters Ryan up as she waits to be served her drink. She probably says the same to all her musical best friends but doesn't make it any less true. She wants to see them succeed. "As long as you and Joshy win what you deserve, I won't have to write a strongly worded email. I know, I'm a total hypocrite!" she begins, holding up her hands. "Love award shows if the correct people win. Can't stand them when my friends get robbed." Ellie laughs softly. She has never been too hung up on awards herself but she'll be damned if someone she loves misses out, again showing her motherly/sisterly side. "If the whole thing is a bust we can ditch the after party and have a little one in Joshua's room. It'll be his turn to look after us."

Ellie gently rubs the stem of the wine glass between the tip of her thumb and index finger as Ryan pours the chardonnay, impressed by both his knowledge and the fact he had just the thing near hand. "2009? So I was just starting to write my very first album when these grapes were harvested? How bizarre." She thanks Ryan for the drink before giving it a little sniff and swirl in the glass. "Hm, smells alright. Don't think it'll hold up to the one I got from 7-Eleven yesterday. It'll do I suppose." She jokingly rolls her eyes. Ellie totally understands the addictive personality. Whilst she isn't as bad as Ryan, branching off into all sorts of luxury items, Ellie-Grace is at the mercy of vinyl and cassette. Getting to physically hold and cherish the music she owns and loves is one of the best feelings in the world. Like Ryan, it's a good job her bank account can cope with it.

"Is this a home, recording studio, guitar store, vineyard or brewery?" At the mention of a wine cellar, Ellie-Grace is in sheer awe of the place. There's always a new aspect of the home she's learning about. It's like there's no end to the floors and all the activities going on. She giggles and holds a hand up when Ryan pleads her to bring out some Betty Boop tunes tonight. "I think I'm going to have to be a REAL mess before I start scat-singing and attempting old jazz standards, Ryan!". She smiles warmly and raises her glass. "It's my pleasure...Ry." Ellie emphasises the nickname, knowing Ryan doesn't care for it but relishing the fact that she can still get away with it.
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#8616 Posted : 18 March 2021 05:53:07(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Ryan held Ellie's opinions highly, even when he knew she was far too kind and genuine to be anything but herself around her friends. He was unsure where exactly he fell into that group but whatever was happening between them was comfortable enough for them to enjoy each other's company. "Well, I assume I have at least one category that I'm not up against Grimmie, so I'll give myself like a small chance in whichever that is. I'm guessing we are both up for Sexiest Male or whatever they call that award, if you want to call it that. I probably could pull that one. I'm in that sweet spot where I can appeal in that way to someone between like twenty-two and sixty-five." He mused, his hands on the bar counter, standing across from her. His outlook on award shows had shifted over the years. Early on his career, they were something that drove his competitiveness while he still had that chip on his shoulder to prove to people that he belonged in the music industry. As he has gotten older it has become more of an honor to still hold the relevancy, to be acknowledged for his work, even when he knew that there were other names that deserved the actual win. "I have not done a legit after party in like four or five years. The last time I got pretty fucking plastered. Maybe a blessing in disguise if we end up in Joshua's room." He mentioned while chuckling, not entirely sure how the next Fan Choice Awards will look for him as a whole.

He admires the bottle for a moment when she repeats the year it was harvested. He pauses for a few seconds as he remembers where he was at that time of his life, certainly already creating messes for himself. It was about a year before Ellie and Ryan initially met and he produced her debut album, an experience he still held fond memories of. "2009. I was writing my fourth record at that point. It certainly doesn't feel like that long ago. Except I'm still old." He commented, followed by a soft laugh. The record he mentioned writing also ended up having a duet with Ellie-Grace make the final track listing. Ryan sarcastically rolled his eyes at her jokingly lack of wine etiquette, doing the same with his own glass.

"It is a little bit of everything, you could say. I don't have to leave my home very often. Wait until you see my other house, I converted a whole barn into a recording studio." He says smirking, not the first time he had heard such a remark about his house. While he didn't have company over very often, he tried to be the best host possible when he did and held no selfishness in indulging with his friends on the finer items he possessed. He laughed at her mention of breaking out the jazz standards, it was something he'd certainly love to see occur at some point. "I mean, the night is still young and all the wine is not going to drink itself, Ellie-Grace." He remarked as he brought his glass up, grinning while taking his first sip. "Over ten years and I still get that, huh? You should feel lucky you are the only one I let that slide with." He raised an eyebrow, moving from behind the bar, one hand taking his glass, and the other holding the remainder of the bottle. "How about we enjoy the first round outside? It's a nice evening and I don't want to be the cliche, "oh, look all the fancy shit I have that I don't use," kind of guy."
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#8617 Posted : 18 March 2021 07:14:24(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Ellie shakes her head and swoops some of her hair behind her ear after the mention of the Sexiest Male award. "No disrespect to those who have won but I don't understand that category. "Congratulations for winning the genetic lottery! Here's a prestigious award!". I get that it's nice to be told you're beautiful but making such a big deal out of looks? Doesn't sit right with me." She takes another sip of her crisp chardonnay before patting Ryan on the shoulder. "Don't worry, you'll probably still win that one. All the grandmas will be rallying behind you." Back in the day, Ellie-Grace wouldn't dare mention the age gap let alone joke about it. As people used to pick them apart and use the difference in age to criticise her, it was almost a taboo subject for her. Out of sight, out of mind. Ellie-Grace now feels pretty proud and accomplished being able to joke around comfortably with Ryan again as it was once something that caused her a lot of anxiety. "After parties can be fun. Depends who is in attendance and what behaviour they're on." Both of them know too well just how egotistical and downright evil some fellow celebrities can be. People that nobody seems to like but for some reason are untouchable.

"I need to get back in touch with that first album." Ellie looks out of the window while reminiscing about that early chapter of her career. "I shunned it for the longest time. Told myself that I hated it." Ellie-Grace confesses with a giggle, hoping Ryan doesn't take it to heart. "Those songs reminded me of, well, that time. Associated the tracks with all that negative press, the heartache of a young girl, the first real hard time in my life." Prior to the controversy with Ryan and their subsequent break-up, Ellie-Grace hadn't really lived. She was extremely young, not long out of school. Up until that point, all of her struggles has been typical, non-famous, teenage/childhood fodder like stressing out over an assignment or being told she can't go with her friends to the cinema. Suddenly, she was dealing with public scrutiny, the pressures of a label, coping with fame and her first real heartache. "Think I've disconnected long enough that they won't sting as much anymore. Will need to dust those songs off some time."

The idea of turning a barn into a recording studio actually appeals to Ellie-Grace. It's a bit of an expense yet still sounds oddly humble. "That sounds really sweet. Please tell me you still kept it looking all rustic and true to its character. Nothing worse than faceless conversions of old buildings." Alongside collecting physical music, architecture is another one of Ellie-Grace's passions. She loves old buildings and cities steeped in history and stories. With her vinyl and abundance of vintage clothing, Ellie-Grace is definitely an old soul who prefers the simpler things. "Yeah, I still like to call you "Ry" just to see that little twitch in your eye every time I utter it." She laughs and picks up her glass when Ryan suggests enjoying it outside. "Oh, fine by me. The smell of pretension in here was choking me anyway."
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#8618 Posted : 18 March 2021 08:36:06(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

He wholeheartedly agreed with Ellie's perspective on the simple vainness that came from awarding someone based on their looks. The simple subjectiveness of beauty standards and attraction was enough to make the entire concept of it off-putting, particularly in this day and age. "I agree with you. I don't see the point in such a distinction. It seems rather antiquated. I truly only care to be attractive to the person I'm with on a romantic level. I don't care for public adoration of my looks." In his twenties and thirties, he tend to find solace in that admiration he received from women. It was a welcome to not be alone, whether that came from his looks or career or a combination of the two was up for debate. Now as he’s gotten older, that attention no longer perked his interest. Ryan smirked and shook his head at the mention of his age. "You probably had me at that sweet point of my life. Now I’m finding gray hairs most days and having slight lower back pain." He admitted in a joking tone. He was comfortable being 43, but for a few years there he was trying to fight the passing of time. The age gap between the two when they dated was never a bother for either of them within the constraints of their relationship, yet everyone seemed to grasp at the strings of that. He found the accusations towards him upsetting, but what truly got to him was all the commentary made toward Ellie-Grace.

A part of him was dreading being back in the limelight. He was aware that it was just a part of his job, albeit one he hated. Ryan got quiet for a moment as she spoke about her first record. He knew that if he felt a burden from it, it was a lot worse for her as a young, up-and-coming artist, being violently thrown into this vicious industry. Regardless of the tabloids tearing them apart, he took responsibility that at the end of the day it all rested on his shoulders. If their relationship had survived back then, there would have been comfort in proving everybody wrong who were against their romance from the start. When things ended, it was a huge field day for the press and everyone else who bet against them. He knows he could have handled things better. He could have shown more kindness. "I understand that. I know that wasn't an easy time for you," he began, his eyes dropping for a moment to stare down his glass. "I'll always cherish that time. I would never take an eraser to that period in my life because regardless of everything else that was hurtful and not quite ideal, I got the chance to meet you." He said in a more somber tone, purposely not going into much detail about that time span, although simultaneously realizing that it was a conversation they should have at some point. It was something that he knew he carried a lot of regrets and pain from still. "If you want to experience that together, let me know. I'll bring some stiff drinks along." He added with a laugh, trying to clear up the air.

"Oh, of course! The character of it is intact. Aside from adding electricity to the building, the only changes done were to improve isolation, and acoustically treat the architectural environment. It still very much looks like a barn and I upkeep certain elements of it. You should come out sometime. There's a lot of tranquility to be found there." He smiled, being reminded of one of her passions. He felt as if she would like how life looked out in Montana given her appreciation for vintage aesthetics. "The walk alone from my house to that barn is worth it. The mountain range in the background, the sounds of the Yellowstone river flowing. It's impossible not to get creative with that atmosphere around you." He commented, knowing well that not many thought of that state much, but he had grown to love it. Funny enough, he purchased his property up north shortly after their break-up as a way to find some peace and quiet from all the noise happening in his life at the time. "Fuck off, Ellie." He told her, twitching his eye more noticeably. "You have this thing about you where I can't say no to you. I hate it." Ryan said sarcastically as he giggled.

Ryan walked over to open the partition towards his yard, one of the large glass windows sliding open and acting as a door. The view was something he appreciated here, seeing the twilight of the sun fading behind the valley to create this moody effect in the clear early evening and the temperature was perfect to be outside. Along with the large infinity pool, the yard was immaculate with a ranch-like feel, an array of different plants to give the place a more open-air feel. There was a cabana structure to the side with some lounging chairs and a long, low-back couch to match. "Ah, this is a better smell, isn't it? Utter privilege in the air." He remarked after taking a deep breath as he cracked a grin knowing most of his neighbors were successful individuals, many who lived in their own bubbles of obliviousness.
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#8619 Posted : 18 March 2021 10:48:51(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"To a lesser degree, I can sort of understand that award being given out by some little magazine or through a cutesy online poll. As archaic as the title is, I get that it could be a nice little ego boost and fun for some fans to vote for. FCA, however? No. They're the most prestigious awards these days, broadcast to millions with so much money ploughed into them. I don't think it's a great message to send out to the masses." Ellie-Grace pauses for a moment to sip some more wine. As she does so, she ponders over the whole scenario again. "Although, if I were to ever receive one I'd totally have it right above my fireplace. Just saying." She laughs softly and shrugs, knowing how hypocritical she sounds. While not agreeing with the sentiment and the competition surrounding a beauty-based award in an industry already filled with impossible standards, she'd hardly throw it in the bin if one was handed to her. "You're getting silver hairs, I'm pushing 30. In the showbiz world it's almost over for me but you're just now "maturing". Funny that, isn't it?". While Ellie-Grace has no qualms about turning 30, she finds it perplexing how hung up people are on women's ages. Radio stations tend to wind down on playing females once they're in their 30's. Women in mainstream music should be 21 forever and never become a mother.

When Ryan states that he'll always cherish those times, Ellie-Grace finds herself nodding along. That's another thing she never thought she would do a few years back. "I used to hate those times. Felt sick every time I reflected. Was all really chaotic for me. Wished they never happened. Now?" Ellie takes a breath and recalls the very early 2010's in her head before a smirk appears on her face. "Not to sound like a masochist but I see those years as the most exciting ones of my life. Maybe it's distance or age but I now cherish all that chaos now too. I learned a lot from it. Sure, some of the worst days of my life were in amongst those times but I wouldn't be who I am today if I didn't live that. I grew a thicker skin, learned how to adult...jury is still deliberating whether meeting you is a pro or con of the situation though." Ellie-Grace smirks and raises her glass as if proposing a toast. It's evident just how comfortable she is both in the present and with her past. There's no apparent awkwardness or hidden resentment. She's at peace with that chapter of her life. "Sounds like a great idea. We can nit-pick over all the stuff we did wrong throughout the album." Both of them are artists who can be highly critical of themselves. Fans can find their output absolutely perfect but being the ones who create it, Ryan and Ellie know their own minds and how they could've made something better.

"It sounds beautiful. I'd like to go out there, at the risk of being dubbed a "horse girl" all over again." Ellie-Grace chuckles and rolls her eyes. Being a Southern gal who focuses mainly on country music, there is a certain "simple" and "outdoorsy" aesthetic associated with her. While her fans playfully tease her country ways, often making jokes about her having no electricity, there are a lot of haters who use that against her. She's tired of being called a Republican. She laughs at Ryan's response to the nickname and then looks around as if checking to see if the coast is clear before leaning in to whisper. "Would you rather by called Orlando?". She giggles, feeling a bit naughty for poking fun at poor Joshy's unfortunate middle name but it's worth it. Ellie knows Ryan will appreciate the reference. "You can't say no to me? Boy, you really shouldn't have said that. I'll have you over to take care of Alfie next time then. Can't say no."

Ellie-Grace follows Ryan out in the yard, enjoying the perfect temperature as soon as she feels it hit her. Ryan's space is beautifully designed and landscaped plus the sky and surrounding areas all add to create a picture perfect scene. "I must say, I can see why you've retreated here. Privilege-filled air and potentially seedy neighbours aside, it's a gorgeous spot." Most people who can afford places like these never earned it being straight and honest. There's probably a drug lord and ex-hitman living around here somewhere. Ellie sips her wine before sitting down on the long couch. "Dang it, half of this could've been mine if I clung on a bit harder!"
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#8620 Posted : 18 March 2021 15:16:27(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

It was refreshing to hear someone speak openly about the issues of awarding people based on their looks. In a social climate that was attempting to steer away from the physical and vain, having entire categories based on someone’s looks seemed to defeat the purpose. He had thought of bringing that fact up publicly but he knew people would go ahead and twist his words somehow or bring up something he said or tweeted twelve years ago. Ryan chuckled at her comment of where she would place her award, taking a sip of wine while nodding his head. “I’m pretty sure I have a sexiest male award buried somewhere that I won in my early 30’s. I should find it and gift it to you next year on your 30th birthday. July 2nd, right?” He questioned curiously, although he was sure he still remembered her birthday. “That’s so fucked up. The double standards have always pissed me off. That’s why I’m glad women are owning the industry right now. It’s refreshing. Hopefully the trend can change entirely and women can still be welcomed and just as successful into their later years as their male counterparts. I don’t want my kids, male or female, to grow up with these norms placed in their minds.” He recognized his male privilege in this industry and overall. From being able to still be successful and supported into his 40’s to even having the simple luxury of opting not to be a husband or father yet. He had come forward as a feminist in the past and was eaten alive by the press, as it was not understood that he could support women’s equity while being known as a serial dater.

Ryan listened carefully when she spoke of the past. He felt a pang in his chest simply thinking back to those times due to how every good moment seemed to carry a low point along with it. He couldn’t help but worry slightly at the same time. It made him question if that also meant she had moved past seeing him as anything more than a friend. If that were the case, he couldn’t blame her for it. It had been nearly ten years and he hadn’t been open with her about how he still felt about her. “You didn’t deserve to be thrown into this world like that... I’m happy that you’re well, though.” He remarked with a small smirk, tossing his hair back away from his face. “That’s fair. I guess time will tell then, right? A fresh start.” He said referring to her comment about knowing him, raising his glass to match her. At bare minimum, he hoped she could see him in a new light as he worked on improving himself. “God, I probably will find so many things from my side, behind the boards, that I could have done better. That was actually the first full length record I ever produced for somebody else.” Despite any contrary stories, the only reason he opted to produce her first ever project was because he believed in her as a singer-songwriter and not some other side motivation. In some aspects, he considered himself as her biggest supporter. Even when things went south with them romantically, he always kept up with what she did professionally.

“You’re always invited, Ellie-Grace. As you could imagine, I have plenty of rooms you can choose from to stay at my place. I don’t think we have many hotels out there.” He mentioned with a laugh, knowing that it was a complete change of pace from the bustle of LA. “Fuck ‘em. People will always find something to latch onto you, no matter what you do or how long ago it may have been. At least you won’t have to worry about paparazzis out there.” In the decade he had been out there not once was he ever photographed candidly, although being one of the few “celebrities” out there meant people were prone to asking for his picture when he was seen out and about, which he always tried to be open to. “Good point! Call me Ry. Call me Ross. Our poor guy was cursed with that middle name.” He giggled along with her as they had a laugh at their friend’s expense. “I did call you over when Joshua was a mess, so only fair you do the same with Alfie. It is weird to visualize him as anything but that little 14 year old kid. Now when he tells me he’ll kick my ass, I’ll probably believe him.

He took a quick moment to appreciate it all. It was something he did not want to take for granted at this point of his life. “I’ve never met anyone that lives on either side of me and I plan on keeping it that way.” Ryan said with a soft laugh, taking a seat on the same couch as Ellie, keeping a bit of space between the two. Just as he was taking sip of wine, he had to quickly turn his head to avoid spitting the liquid in his mouth all over at her comment. It was proof enough that they were in a stage of comfort with each other to crack such jokes. After coughing for a few seconds, and shaking his head trying to compose himself, he finally looks back over at her. “You know, technically I’m still single, so play your cards right and you just might.” He stated jokingly, giving her a small wink. “Honestly, odds are I will still ruin my career. I’ll cut you a good price on this place.”
UserPostedImage