logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

446 Pages«<428429430431432>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PANIC!  
#8581 Posted : 23 February 2021 14:47:07(UTC)
PANIC!

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
“Thanks, man. Honestly, your house out there in New Jersey is by far the best real estate I have seen in that state. Granted, my time out there has been limited. Aside from visiting you, I’ve only ever been there to play shows. Which fun fact on that end, I have fucked a few girls from Jersey. Their accents were eh, but I saw past that.” He remarked playing up Joshua’s native accent that he still carries proudly. Either by design or intentionally, Ryan lost his Boston accent, but his family did move a lot when he was a kid so it was tough for any culture to stick with him or any place to be considered home for too long. That was a reason why he was so intent to plant roots for his future family someday. “They are vultures, dude. They don’t give a shit about anyone’s well being or mental state as long as they can get their coin. I once had some paparazzi asshole climb a tree to get pictures of a pool party I was having here. In certain ways, we are not seen as humans to some people, once you are an entertainer they believe you are meant to do so day in and day out.” On Ryan’s part, anxiety was the big mental flaw that affected him most days. He had a reoccurring prescription for Xanax but he rarely ever took it unless the episodes were too extreme to bare or keep in check with those around him.

“Ha, modesty is not exactly my forte! Most people can tell you that. Wait until I give you the tour and you see my office. It is just an excuse to show off all my awards and platinum records.” He chuckled softly, running a hand through his uncombed pitch black hair. Admittedly he had a strange relationship with keeping his achievements out on display. Back when his mother was alive, he would send her most of those momentos so she could have these constant reminders of her son’s success. Ryan senses the mood shift slightly at the more serious mention of Layla. He did not know much about her aside from her bubbling career and the certain attention that Grimmie’s collaboration with her is getting but he was not in-touch when it came to the rumor mill. “Shit, I was just pulling your leg... this seems to be carrying a bit of weight to it.” He paused and took a sip of his beer before throwing his arm over Joshua’s shoulder, patting his chest assuringly. “What’s going on? Trust me, if Ellie knows about it and is still talking to you and respects you, I have no reason to think of you any less. My moral compass is likely a lot smaller than hers.” He said jokingly trying to calm his friend’s nerves a little.

Ryan nods his head as Joshua reveals that the one year anniversary of his sister’s passing is coming up. As much of a charming and quick witted personality he possessed, he still struggled to find the right words to deal with death. It wasn’t that he was shallow or lacked empathy, it was just a slippery slope for him to discuss. “That day will be fucking hard for you. I know. September 9th is that day for me. It’s been over three years and it hasn’t gotten any easier really but at least my mom passing away, that’s the way life is suppose to go. You’re suppose to outlive your parents Ashley... that’s heartbreaking. You’re a lot tougher than I am. I don’t care what time of day it is, if you need to talk to someone, give me a call.” He hoped that Joshua would reach out to him, have Dae and his friends and family around that day. Ryan knows the one-year anniversary after his mom died, he tried to commit suicide for the second time in a span of twelve months and he was concerned for the mindset that his friend could find himself in if he is left to his own devices like he was years ago. Even years later it was something that he had only shared in detail with his therapist. “Yeah, this next record is a special one. That’s all I can say for now. Keep your ears perked, might have something out there in the next month so. I’ll let you and your girl Layla savor that number one spot for a little bit until I roll around.” He remarked in a lighter tone, trying to bring the mood back to a more friendly fashion.

Ryan laughed and shook his head at the mention of that infamous performance by Grimmie last year, somehow that event serving as the start of their friendship. “Hey, I’m a smart man, I know if I need someone to vanish I’ll call up my Jersey boy to take care of it. I don’t get in fights. I’m too rich and famous for that. I let other people do my dirty work. That’s the LA way, baby.” He remarked with a grin, leaning back on the couch and taking a sip from the drink in his hand. Ryan sighed as Joshua’s comment, figuring that he was immediately going to become their biggest fan of them getting together given his existing friendship with both. “Yeah, yeah, yeah. Do you know who you’re talking to? My longest legitimate relationship has been three years, which was pretty on-and-off to start, so maybe closer to a year in a half. I have some serious work to do before I’m wearing an accessory right here.” He says pointing at his empty left ring finger. “I respect that. I did say I’ve slept with some girls from your neck of the woods, though. Don’t hold it against me if I’ve fucked a Grimmie. I don’t really stick around long enough to learn surnames.” He holds his hands up in a comedic matter to defend his face from any punch coming his ways.
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#8582 Posted : 24 February 2021 03:06:47(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19116 time(s) in 7587 post(s)
OOC: Sorry for the length of this response. The Layla story is quite a long one haha. Promise the next one won't be as bulky!

"Hey!" Joshua protests in a very loud Jersey accent, lighting slapping Ryan's shoulder. "And what's wrong with the accent, huh?". Joshua lays it on even thicker just to drive home his point. He certainly has a very strong and unmistakable accent for sure. "To be honest, I think my accent is the reason I got so much flack for speaking about stuff. I think I sound overlay aggressive at times." Joshua chuckles and takes another sip of his beer. He shakes his head in disgust when hearing about the paparazzi spying on a pool party. "Scum. Takes a person with no morals or conscience to do such a job. No idea how they sleep at night." He takes a short pause before correcting himself. "Actually, pretty comfortably, I presume. I know how much photos sell for. What's so interesting about me buying donuts anyway?". Joshua shrugs and gives a look of bewilderment.

"Yeah, when I first met you, I thought you had many qualities but "reserved" wasn't one thing I'd use to describe you!" Joshua laughs and nods out to the vast picturesque view from the ceiling to floor windows. "Those windows must be a bitch to clean." He looks out at the gorgeous view whilst gathering his thoughts about the whole Layla situation. It's a rather long story that doesn't paint him in the best light, however, Ryan wants to know and he'd rather tell him what happened straight up rather than have his friend hear about it when the story inevitably leaks.

He turns to face Ryan. "Well, Layla and I have been friends for years. She was actually Ashley's friend first. She knew me before I even recorded a song. I was still in school and she was riding high as a member of SYNCO." Joshua begins, his voice now at a much lower pitch. "We got on so well over the years. Kinda crushed on her but I wasn't gonna do anything. She was a great friend and also a mega pop star. She was also dating Austin Nimmo, again another huge artist." He sighs and adjusts his positioning on the couch as the story takes its turn. "Her life took a nosedive a few years back. Crazy stalker incident. Attempt on her life. She left her band and had a full-on mental breakdown. For the best part of two, nearly three years she didn't leave her house. She would barely eat or talk to anyone. I always went around to Austin's place to check on her, even when she was giving one-word answers and refusing eye contact." Joshua runs a hand through his hair, wanting the long-winded story to just end already. "I also went through a shitty time as you know. Layla and I were sort of coming out of our funks and helping one another heal. By that point, she was still living with Austin but it had taken a toll on their relationship. It was hanging on by a thread. Her and I grew closer and closer and one day...in the heat of the moment...something happened." Joshua closes his eyes and clenches before dropping the bombshell. "Austin came home, walked into his front room, caught me with my head in between her legs on his couch and then he popped me right in the mouth." Joshua nods to himself, not looking very impressed with his actions. "Not my finest moment, Ryan." He awaits his friend's response.

"You would've loved Ashley. If you can get along with me then she was the Grimmie without the baggage and flaws. She was also real good friends with Ellie-Grace too. So if you're working with her on the 24th or around then, be sensitive." Joshua smiles and pats Ryan's shoulder. He'd rather turn it around and focus on Ellie than himself as he doesn't wish to dwell on it, already feeling a little flutter in his stomach. "I promise I'll reach out if I'm needing it though." He gives Ryan a reassuring nod to let his friend know that he's not just sweeping it under the carpet. At the mention of the record, Joshua smiles, feeling not just excited as a friend but as a fan. "You know, even after drinking with you, being in your home, calling you a friend and getting naked with you, I'm still a fan boy at heart. I can't wait to hear it, man." He pats Ryan on the shoulder and swigs more beer.

"You ever been in a fight?" Joshua asks curiously. Even if he's not a brawler at heart, Ryan has been a fairly controversial figure at times. Hard to think he hasn't extremely pissed off at least one person. When Ryan showcases his empty ring finger, Joshua takes hold of his hand and holds it up to examine. "I think you'd look good with a wedding band. I'll help you pick all that out. I've got great taste and I know what Ellie likes too." Joshua winks and shows off his own hand which have a couple rings on them. When Ryan confesses to sleeping with some girls from his way, Joshua just sighs and holds a head in his hands. "God, imagine if there were a Grimmie-Hernandez hybrid out there? Kid would have the answer to life itself." Joshua snickers but then stops in his tracks, remembering to bring up a question he has had on his mind for the longest time. "That reminds me, your surname. It's just Hernandez isn't it? All these years I've never known if Ross is a middle name, if your first name is Ryan Ross or if it's a joint second name, Ross Hernandez. It's a fucking cool name either way, man."

Edited by user 24 February 2021 03:08:24(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

Offline PANIC!  
#8583 Posted : 24 February 2021 06:25:51(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

OOC: No need to apologize! Sorry in advance as I feel like my response is also lengthy! Haha.

"I might come off as some arrogant know-it-all, but to my defense it could be a lot worse!" He exclaimed, motioning his hands around once he continued. "I could have maids, chefs, a driver, a security team around the clock, a personal assistant running around doing day to day tasks for me. I don't have any of that because I don't feel like I need it. I want to have some sense of normality in my life, even if I don't work a typical 9 to 5 gig." He swung his head up towards the windows and shrugged his shoulders with a smirk. "I don't clean those, though. I hire a cleaning team that comes to take care of that. I'm such a fucking diva."

Ryan sits quietly as he hears Joshua's story about Layla and Austin, instantly feeling in the change of demeanor that it was a whole can of worms that were being opened. He never felt like he was in a position to judge anywhere for lapses of judgement in their lives. There were likely not many individuals in this industry who have made as many mistakes as Ryan and still able to hold onto the level of success and relevancy as he had. Is there a hundred jokes he could make at that moment when his Joshua explained the climax of his story with Layla? Of course, but he restrained himself. All in all, while he understood the guilt that may come from that, he did not see it as something he should be villainized for. "Shit... that sounds messy, man." He only knew Layla and Austin mostly by name and their respective music careers, but neither one of them would he consider a friend. Joshua was his friend, so naturally he was going to side with him and defend his character if the story ever leaked out in details. "I mean, do you have a game plan for how you're going to approach this if the story makes it out there?" He questions aloud, his side as a public figure curious to hear if it was something he had thought of. Ryan knows well all the times he himself had to be in late night meetings with his manager and PR team as they scrambled to salvage his side of things. "I've been caught up in less than ideal situations before, so I don't judge you or your actions whatsoever. Let's get that out of the way, Josh. I don't think any less of you." He assured his friend, patting his upper back. Perhaps one day he would pull his leg about this incident, but that won't be today. "Aside from that one time, has anything happened between you and Layla since then? I assume she's no longer with Austin, right?" He asked, wondering where things stood for all those involved at this point.

"Don't you worry about Ellie.. I'll make sure she's doing well those days around it. You have my word." He assured him with a smile, sensing that it was best to move on and not return to Joshua's state of mind about the upcoming anniversary. He knew he had plenty of flaws but lacking self-awareness or reading a room was not a trait he lacked in. Ryan knew when it was the right time to crack a joke and when it was time to cut the crap and be sensitive to those around him. "It's strange because I haven't released an album in so long. "Traveling Tales" came out in November 2013 and since then I've dropped singles here and there, but tackling a full-length head on is stressful as fuck." He states, leaning forward in his seat, tapping the beer bottle aimlessly. "I had an album ready to go in 2016, which I decided to scrap a few months before release. Probably whenever I thought the correct name for it was "Sex with Former Lovers", I should have known it was a bad idea." He said followed by a small chuckle. If that album ever saw the light of day it would be a field day for the press and fans to break it down.

"I would get scrappy here and there as a kid. I was always the new kid at school. I felt like I had a chip on my shoulder most of the time, you know." He explained, perhaps that was the early indicator as to why he developed this intense desire to be popular and well liked. Surprisingly he has avoided most physical altercations as he's gotten older, albeit not without instances where things were close to boiling over. "Oh, fuck off." He states yanking his hand away from his grasp. "If I do sense that you tell Ellie-Grace anything I told you today, I will pick a fight with you." He says with a scoff and chuckle. "Yeah, you're correct. Hernandez is my surname," he paused and took back the remains of his beer. "Ross is my middle name. That's actually what I would go by when I was in grade school, until fucking Friends got popular when I was a teenager and David Schwimmer stole that name from me. Asshole." He says with a laugh, thinking he had not been asked about his name in a long time and admittedly got him to reminisce about his early days as an artist. "Keeping Ryan Ross Hernandez kind of just came in a blur of the moment. I worked some odd jobs in my teenage years and early twenties so I could afford some studio time to record a demo. The day I had enough cash to book this shitty little recording studio in New York City for a few days, I remember calling in to request it, and this lady just asked me "okay, what's your name to get this booked?" and from there on I've used my full name for everything." It was an odd feeling to realize that he had been going by his full name for the last twenty plus years. "When I signed my first record deal there was this discussion about trying to have me just go by Ryan Hernandez or throw in only the initial of my middle name. I was never about that."
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked PANIC! for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 24/02/2021(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#8584 Posted : 24 February 2021 07:26:29(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"I feel like such a dickhead right now," Joshua begins, hiding his pink face behind a hand. "I, uh, I had many different personal assistants in the beginning of my career. It's just what I was told to do. Thought everyone had one. They, um, they all quit. I think the one that stayed the longest was like...four or five months. I wasn't the easiest person to work with." Joshua confesses to his past behaviour as he swigs more of his beer, leaving very little left in the bottle. "I was an asshole. Real abrasive. I never set out to hurt anyone. I was just super defensive and sensitive. Felt like everything was personal attack so I was quick to flip and go on the defensive. The whole world was seemingly against me then. So glad you never met 17 year old me. You'd hate me. Even I hate that kid." Joshua laughs softly. He can be rather hard on himself, however. Joshua was only a tender 17/18 years old when he really started making waves in the industry. Not only was there the initial jealousy from other fan bases over the new, cute, young guy looking for a spot in the charts but Trump personally threw the kid into his media woodchipper. Loads of people spoke out against the then-President but Donald personally singled out young Joshua several times and made him a target for his cult. It's no wonder Joshua always had his back up.

"No idea what I'll do," Joshua starts before finishing the rest of his beer. "You see, many people fucked me over. I had my heart broken, reputation in pieces, constantly kicked while I was down. I rode it out. Worked hard in silence then told my story with the GOLDENHEART project. You know what chaos that caused in pop culture. Now? Well, Austin has been silent for some time now and I don't know when he's going to come out swinging with his story. Good chance he'll be at this year's FCA, doing a performance aimed at me." Joshua has been where Austin is - so deeply hurt that he's gone reclusive. He also knows it's only a matter of time before Austin breaks his silence and tells his story to the world. Joshua did it with his trauma so there's nothing stopping Austin. "Layla's not with him anymore. Her and I were actually a thing for a couple months. Two people healing and still confused. Mistaking kindness and friendship for a different sort of love. After a while, we realised we couldn't work as a couple. Our friendship meant too much to one another. We just mutually agreed we're far better off as friends." Joshua places his empty bottle down on the coaster. "We're comfortable enough to do all the promo for this new song. There's nobody else she trusts more than me to act that sort of way with her."

At the mention of the aborted 2016 record, Joshua pipes up. "Yeah, you still owe me that album. I was really looking forward to it and then you went and pulled the plug. I was devastated. I think, as a huge fan and good friend, I'm entitled to some low quality MP3 file leaks at the very least, Hernandez!". No matter how close he and Ryan become, there will probably be no shaking that fan element out of Joshua. So much of Ryan's music is just engrained in him. "Can't believe you thought it was OK to release "Traveling Tales" but not "Sex with Former Lovers", man." Joshua chuckles, clearly only joking as he has expressed his love for that record. He just knows that Ryan isn't the biggest fan of that project.

"The new kid? That must have been tough with all the moving around and adjusting." Joshua was never the new kid. He was just the one with the big mouth. "I got into scraps because I would never back down. I think I was a great kid. Was always acing tests, respected people, never went out my way to be a dick to someone...it's just that I never backed down from bullies or admitted defeat when I was clearly right." Joshua is still the same in many ways. His heart is in the right place and he doesn't see why people can't just get along. Don't step up to him with some bullshit though as you WILL get your ass handed to you. He giggles and holds his hands up. "Ryan, I promise my lips are sealed. I won't say a word to Ellie-Grace. If she talks about you though, I may encourage it and steer her in your direction. I want my friends to break their dry spells. That way you'll be back on my level again!" Joshua gives Ryan a cheeky smirk. At the revelation of Ryan's name, Joshua let's out a "phew!" and wipes his forehead, finally getting to the bottom of it. "It's a cool fucking name, man. Ryan Hernandez doesn't have the same ring to it. I was never a fan of my name. "Grim" being in my surname? Bleh. I like Joshua. Never call me Josh though. People that really love me and see what a big, cuddly teddy bear I really am call me Joshy!" He cups his face to look all angelic again. "Do you know my middle name? If you do, I'm surprised you let me back into your house. It doesn't sit right with my soul."
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#8585 Posted : 24 February 2021 09:10:47(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

He held no resentment towards Joshua for doing the opposite in the early stages of his career, it is very easy to see yourself in the limelight and believe you needed certain things or to act in a particular matter to be respected. "I usually have a PA when I'm touring or in the middle of a hectic promotional schedule, so don't feel too bad about it. We all run on different speeds," Ryan mentioned after he explained himself in more detail about the why and the carousal of assistants he had back in the day. "Hey, you were put in a tough position from the get go. I nearly lost my mind and I was in my 20s and 30s dealing with this crazy world. I can't even imagine how you managed as a teenager." A part of him felt bad that Joshua had to deal with such immediate backlash in your career solely for being outspoken. He felt that wrath of then US president and his cult-like following last year as a man in his 40s and it was difficult to weather through it. "You got through it all and look at you now, man. You're on top of the fucking world." He remarks laughing. Even though he did not know Joshua back then, he was proud of how things have panned out for him since those days.

"You know, sometimes that is warranted. You and I, we're highly self-aware. It might be slightly dangerous how self-aware we are. You understand that, especially messing around with people in this industry, you're going to get songs written about you that may not portray in the best light. I can probably comply a greatest hits album just covering songs that are about me being a jerk." He said with a soft chuckle, quickly moving on past himself. "I am glad you and Layla dealt through it all and were able to recognize that you're both better off that way before causing any damage to the existing friendship you both have, since it sounds pretty essential for both of you." He finished the remains of his bottle and placed it on the coaster beside Joshua's. "You're all young, you're all going to fuck up sometimes. I think everybody will come out of this just fine. You and Layla got each other's backs. Austin is pissed and that's understandable. Is the fact that you two are releasing a song together while the wounds are fresh, a smart move? I don't know. That's like if Izzy and I released a song back in the day." Ryan was just spitballing but he knew any sort of collaboration between those involved in any sort of controversy might result in a hit single and plenty of views online, but may not be the best route in terms of saving face.

"Those songs are buried somewhere. Good luck finding them." He commented with a laugh, hoping that the unreleased tracks would stay under wraps as he tried to move past those messy, controversial driven years of his life and career. "At that point of my life if I released an album titled "Sex with Former Lovers" it would have been damn near career suicide. Most people that aren't fans of mine would have just listened to it to try and decipher every little lyric. Hell, I saw it coming from a hundred miles away. At some point I realized that I had to halt it and move on." He snickers at the mention of Traveling Tales again, shaking his head. "My engagement with Nadia ended a few months before that album came out, so probably shouldn't have released that one either." Ryan said chuckling, hoping in his mind that the next album release would go more smoothly in every sense of the word.

"Eh, it was rough as a kid. I do feel like I needed that to put my hopes into motion. If I had your typical, suburban, white picket fenced, daydream of a childhood, I probably wouldn't have grown up with that passion to breakout one day." Ryan never spoke much of his life before he became a known artist, figuring that was one aspect of himself that he could keep private from the rest of the world that felt like they had him read perfectly. "Ah yes, you were your typical smart-ass kid." He teased him smacking him playfully on the arm. "You can absolutely steer her in the right direction, just don't be too obvious about it. Be cool. I really like this girl. I'm not trying to have her run off here." He said while raising an eyebrow and motioning with his fingers that he was going to keep an eye on him. "I probably mostly call you Grimmie when we hang out, don't I? I think it's a cool surname. Joshua, eh. Basic name, basic dude." Ryan said teasingly while grinning over at him. "I swear to god, Grimmie. If you tell me you have a ridiculous middle name like Clayton, I will kick you out of my house right this second."
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#8586 Posted : 24 February 2021 10:34:13(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"I no longer have a PA. Maybe once I bite off more than I can chew, I can admit defeat and ask for help again. Guess I kind of have a problem with giving up control. I like to oversee everything. I like to get my food orders just in case someone else fucks it up. Nothing worse than a meal you're really looking forward to being screwed up." Joshua leans against the back of the couch and laughs softly to himself. "Plus, I have a severe peanut allergy and I can't trust someone not to tamper with my order just to spite me." Joshua can take on entire governments, big industries and millions of bigots but one peanut and he's crippled. He blushes at Ryan's kind words, still not used to hearing his idol hand out compliments to him. "Aw, thanks, man! You're the best." Joshua pulls Ryan in for a big hug, laughing and not caring about appearing soppy.

"I understand. It's just going to be something I'll tackle once that time comes. It'll pass and I'll survive. It's just the waiting and not knowing that I think may be worse. No idea when and where my phone is going to start blowing up." He nods along, listening to and agreeing with Ryan. Joshua knows that it will come out at some point. Everything does. He's also aware that it wasn't his best decision to make. As smart as Joshua is and as much as he tries to be a good person, he is still a very inexperienced young guy in his early 20's. This won't be his last lapse in judgement. "I had doubts about the song to begin with." Joshua agrees with Ryan as he brings his other leg up onto the couch. "But Layla wanted her album to be her truth. She has every right to express that moment in her life, when we knew we were playing with fire. It was supposed to be released last year but we wanted more time to pass. The song is already riling up a certain fan base and it hasn't even dropped yet. Will it open up a can of worms? Most definitely. Can't say I regret doing the song though." Joshua is aware it's going to cause a bit of a stir but knows it's not the intent. He's happily forging ahead to support Layla's career and share a bit of their story.

"A few more drinks and I'll be down on my knees begging and pleading for you to play me those songs!" Joshua laughs but is aware that it could very well be an embarrassing possibility. He wanted that album so bad. "Now you're going to have Trump's mob deciphering all your lyrics, trying to make it seem like you're an American traitor and that your love songs are an ode to Satan as you've rejected God." Sounds farfetched but the pair both know that there are loons out there who would believe such things. They usually have the American flag emoji in their Twitter bio. Joshua chuckles and cocks his head to the side. "So, are there any projects of yours that you actually do like?".

Joshua listens to Ryan briefly talk about his childhood. As much as he idolises him, Joshua doesn't know much about his pre-fame days as Ryan has never really spoken about it. It's nice to get to know him on a more human level rather than the trivial stuff. "Aw, that sucks, man. Don't worry, I'm not gonna make you unpack your childhood. Sure you don't want to fall down that hole. Us musicians have boatloads of trauma that can wait for another day, eh?" Joshua smiles and gently ruffles Ryan's hair. He believes that most, at least the best artists, have generally suffered in their lives. The deepest pain can produce the most beautiful art. "I'll be cool with Ellie." Joshua rolls his eyes and laughs. "Don't worry, Ryan. I know I joke around a lot but I won't do anything to throw you under the bus, no matter how kinky you are." He flashes a naughty grin. "It's cool when you say "Grimmie". Didn't sound so cool when teachers said it though. Was never much of a fan but like you said, Joshua is a bit basic. Couldn't be a one-name act. Joshua Grimmie it had to be." Joshua winces when Ryan pokes fun at the name Clayton as it's definitely along those line, maybe even more ridiculous. "It's Orlando. My middle name...yeah...it's...Orlando." Joshua can't help but laugh. Saying the name out loud sounds even worse.
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#8587 Posted : 24 February 2021 11:42:09(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

“If you were just about anybody else I would say you’re just paranoid, no, in your case it is very much a possibility. You have political parties hating you, religious groups hating you, fandoms hating you, other artists hating you. If I was not just as toxic as you, I wouldn’t want to be associated with you.” Ryan said somewhat jokingly, although many would likely be very content at either one’s demise. While caught off guard by the hug, it wasn’t totally unexpected from his younger counterpart as he tended to be affectionate and caring, more so than Ryan typically was. It was a trait he admired from him.

Ryan nodded while hearing Joshua speak about whatever may came next and just dealing with the punches as they connect. Sometimes that was the only thing you could do for the sake of your mental health. These days, perhaps with age or experience, Ryan was more calculated and careful with his actions. Mistakes still occurred and likely will continue to happen, yet they were no longer as vast or earth shattering as they seemed ten or twenty years ago. “You know I have your back through anything, even this when that storm arrives. Albeit, I’m likely slightly worse company than your friend Layla.” He suggested while winking, patting his shoulder for a second. “Hey, I’m excited to hear the song. I think both of you are supremely talented. All this other crap will fade away. It’s all temporary. I have been written off so many times in my career due to my past fuck ups and I’m still here. At the end of the day, only thing that matters is the music, the art piece.” Ryan assured him, fully believing that the greater part of the public would only remember the music once it was all said and done.

“In theory the idea behind that album was cool. There’s some elements within it that made it this memorable soundscape. Drop by the studio sometime and I’ll play you a track or two from that project.” He remarked casually, knowing that even though he wanted the project to never see the light of the day, the songs that he recorded for it could still be released someday down the line for a compilation or posthumously as a money grab. “I have no headspace for those idiots. After my FCA performance, that camp literally thought like I had burned down some sort of unspoken American ideal by calling out blatant racism in this country. It may never be that straightforward again, but I think from that point on, I have this awareness where it will seep into my writing anyways.” He explained trying to put into words as best he could the certain duty he felt to no longer stay away from difficult subjects to remain moderate on the political spectrum. “I think “Break in the Clouds” is my best album overall, from top to bottom.” Ryan is referring to his May 2012 release, his fifth overall record, which he felt became his personal standard to surpass in his discography and many of his fans and music journalists agreed. He was known to be his own worst critic, usually hating to hear back on his own music once it was released for everyone to hear.

“Urgh. I was already open to you tonight about my feelings. Let’s take it a step at a time. When I see you next we can discuss everything about my childhood and pre-fame years.” It was nothing particularly traumatic or scarring that Ryan experienced growing up, but there was some baggage to unpack from that time in his life that he didn’t want to get into right now. He did agree that to be a songwriter, there was no weight within that without some tragedy attached to your life. He sure as hell knows that most artists he respects and idolizes have been through some growing pains to reach their peak talents. “Oh, I’m sure she knows I’m a fucking freak. I don’t hide that fact very well. Now if her and I can just reach that point soon, that would be great.” He said with a wink and laugh, knowing that he was a bit scatterbrained at this point from the lack of sexual relief in his life. “Your middle name is Orlando?!” Ryan exclaim before starting to laugh loudly, placing his hands on his chest while he does. “Like the city that houses Disney World? I will only let this slide if you were either conceived there or it’s like your great grandfather’s name and he was a world war vet.”
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked PANIC! for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 24/02/2021(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#8588 Posted : 24 February 2021 13:28:11(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"I had to cancel my first big world tour because of a terror threat. Not just specifically at me but my fans as well. Some right wing nut was posting pictures of himself yielding automatic rifles and claiming that he'd attack. Had to pull the plug on the whole thing. If I wasn't paranoid before that then I certainly am now. I never mean to put a downer on things but I'm always thinking about the risks and what could potentially go wrong. That goes from getting on a plane to something simple like grabbing a bite to eat." Joshua really has been through a lot at such a tender age. There aren't many people who are sensitive to his traumas as he's seemingly viewed as this confident, outspoken and sometimes abrasive big 6'3 guy. Just because he isn't a quivering wreck doesn't mean scary thoughts don't consume his mind. "And I don't want to live through all that just to be taken out be a damn peanut!" Joshua laughs but his words are true. That's not what he wants written on his gravestone. "Oh and, not that I plan on ever eating a peanut, but just to let you know that I always carry my EpiPen in my bag, just in case. You know, you might have to save my life one day. No pressure."

Joshua looks over and smiles warmly at Ryan, greatly appreciating the fact this friend has his back. For years, Joshua never knew true friendship aside from the close bond he had with Ashley and his parents. Wise beyond his years, nobody really "got" Joshua while growing up. It was a similar situation when he first entered the industry. Who was this 16-year-old kid that had a lot to say in a voice that was still breaking? He feels truly blessed to have a small but amazing bunch of friends within the industry now. "Thank you. I really mean that. I don't trust many people in this world but I genuinely believe that you'll have my back. I'll always have yours too." Joshua refrains from making up a joke about a potential scandal Ryan may find himself in as he wants this to be a serious moment. He really means his words. "Yeah, the music always lives on. The stories will fade and alter through time but the lyrics, melody and feelings that the song evokes in people will always remain."

His face lights back up after getting a little deep, happy to learn that Ryan may play some unreleased tracks from the album he has long been yearning for. "Ryan, I could kiss you right now but there may be someone outside with a long lens camera and I want to tackle one scandal at a time." As Ryan talks about calling out the hate that's rife in America, Joshua nods along, glad that another artist is on his wavelength. There's a shocking amount of people he knows who just stay silent or do performative gestures, both actions just to stay in good graces. "Another reason why I love you. God, you're awesome." Joshua purposely wants to blow smoke right now. His idol deserves it. He smiles at the mention of "Break in the Clouds" as it brings back fond memories. "I was 13 when that dropped. I remember getting that in Target with my family. Was a scorching hot day and we went to the beach afterwards but I just couldn't wait to get home and play the CD. Funny the things you remember." Joshua smiles and laughs softly to himself.

"We don't ever have to discuss anything that you're not comfortable with. Believe me, there are a few moments in my life that I never wish to speak of again so you're good. If I ever touch a nerve then just say." Joshua pats Ryan on the thigh. He loves getting to know his friends, finding people's life stories fascinating and discovering what makes them tick is really interesting. He doesn't wish to make anyone feel uncomfortable or interrogated though. "Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure that Ellie-Grace told me she's into roleplay. Specifically a Donald taking Melania in the Oval Office type of affair. Up to the task sailor?" Joshua raises his eyebrows, not being able to resist teasing Ryan for a large amount of time. He figures joking helps his friend get out of his head for a bit. As Ryan heartily laughs, Joshua sighs and holds his head in his hands, just letting his friend continue as he knows he has a shit middle name. "Yeah, yeah, get it out your system. I'm Joshua Orlando, ha ha ha. What's worse is that it has no deep meaning. My mom just genuinely thought it sounded good!" Joshua then starts laughing again himself due to Ryan's infectious giggling.
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#8589 Posted : 25 February 2021 01:55:49(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Ryan will never understand how some people can harvest so much unadulterated hate in their heart to threat people they don’t even remotely know. “That’s terrifying. If I was in your shoes, I would feel that constant fear too. I’d be weary of pretty much everybody around me.” Despite the fact that his next tour was likely a year or so away, in the back of his mind, Ryan knew it would likely require some additional security measures given the political spectrum in the US and the possible nutcases that might try to ruin a concert due to where he stands on some subject matters. “If you die from consuming a peanut, that’s like the weakest pop star death I have ever heard. At least go out with a bang!” He exclaimed jokingly. In recent years he has thought more about death and whatever legacy he would be leaving behind, although it was something that felt a bit hallow until he had a family that could enjoy the fruit of his work. “That’s likely good information for me to know of. Would you like to try this new peanut butter liquor I bought the other day?” He asked him with a straight face, although clearly just making light of the conversation.

It was strange for Ryan to think about building these genuine, lasting friendships with some of his industry peers. While he had many acquaintances, many of his deeper connections within this world came from sexual relationships. It was difficult for him to maintain friendships because he always going along to his own rhythm, which for better or worse, meant some artists would always see him in a particular light. “I appreciate that. I’m trying to keep my nose clean these days, yet you never know. I might be just going to the studio and back home everyday but somebody somewhere will start some wild rumors how I’m hosting drug fueled, sex orgies or some ridiculous shit like that.” He chuckled lightly, knowing well that his name would always be a fixture for others to latch on for the most absurd claims.

Ryan was known for being bashful, yet admittedly, it was different when the admiration and respect was coming from an artist he likely considered to be at the top of the game right now. It was a reminder to him that if he could inspire a younger generation to do music and achieve a great amount of success themselves, it was worth going through all the bullshit to become an elder statesmen in this industry. “You were 13 when that album came out? Fucking hell! I was like 34 back then.” He mentions with a scoff. A few years back he had a tough time wrapping his head around the inevitable passing of time but it was different now that he felt comfortable deeper into his 40s. “It’s endearing that you have that memory attached to that record. When “GOLDENHEART” came out, I remember I was anxiously waiting for my cassette tape to arrive. Looking out my window for the UPS delivery. I actually haven’t even heard the album yet. I’m still waiting for my boombox to get here.” He remarked sarcastically before laughing, patting Joshua on the knee.

“I’ll be perfectly honest with you, when I first met EG a decade ago, I was convinced she was some crazy conservative. It only made sense. This 18 year old, cute, innocent, blonde girl from the south. I had some serious doubts.” Ryan says while chuckling, finding it baffling how much has changed over the past decade. “At this point, she can be into any crazy shit and I’ll probably go through with it. Fuck any moral high ground. I just wanna get laid.” He mentions, following up on Joshua’s joke as a small giggle escapes his mouth. “Joshua Orlando Grimmie. I’m sorry, buddy. That is a terrible middle name. Don’t you ever use that name, not even on a legal document.” He said as his laughing fit started to subside, his attention drawn away from their conversation to his phone on the coffee table as he hears a text message notification ding. He reaches over as the light shines his face, quickly reading the message before setting the phone down on his knee. “Speak of the devil,” he says quietly, flashing a sly smirk.
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#8590 Posted : 26 February 2021 08:39:51(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"Hey Ryan, how are you?" Ellie-Grace asks down the phone while sitting in the back of her hired car, en route to see her favourite boys. She doesn't live too far from Ryan but nobody walks in L.A. despite it possibly being the quickest option with the dire traffic. Still, she has the money and it's easier to hide from paparazzi whilst sat in a hired car behind tinted windows. Ellie-Grace is a great friend, always checking in on people and going out of her way to visit and aid those in need. However, she'd be lying if she said this act wasn't totally selfless. There's a small part of her that is eager to see Ryan again, enjoying his company and bright mind possibly even more than the first time around now that she's a good decade older.

She lowers her voice should her driver be eavesdropping. It's not as though she doesn't trust Jacob, the man who has been driving her around for a good few years now, it's just a force of habit living in this industry. People are quick to sell stories and ruin friendships for a quick cash-in. "And how's Joshy? Hope he's not taking things too hard." Ellie-Grace innocently asks the question, totally unaware that Joshua is sat right next to Ryan on the couch, totally intoxicated on some of Ryan's finest boozes. She has been worrying about her good friend and little brother figure all morning but Joshua is pretty much on cloud 9 right now. Well, it comes in waves. Right now, he's pretty giggly and on another planet.

Joshua has been drinking all day. It started as just one glass of whisky and a conversation with Ryan, wanting to air out his feelings and talk things over. He was very withdrawn throughout all of Ashley's anniversary yesterday then went to bed really early. He bottled it up, which probably wasn't was as it all came pouring out today. He cried in front of Ryan for the first time, something Joshua hates to do as he likes to be seen as strong. After a glass and deep conversation about his late sister, Joshua spiralled and started hitting the liquor fast and hard. Ryan has seen him drunk before as it's pretty easy for him to get intoxicated but never this wasted. Joshua has never been this drunk before. He just wanted to escape reality today. The more he consumed and as time passed, Joshua's mood slowly lifted. He's no longer a weepy mess. He's just an unintelligible mess now. His accent is somehow even thicker, which must please Ryan to no end. Joshua mumbles something about food and rests his head on Ryan's shoulder as his friend tries to talk on the phone.
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#8591 Posted : 26 February 2021 09:31:34(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

"Hey, EG." He said while trying to keep Joshua at bay beside him. "I'm good, all things considered. How are you?" Ryan fucked up. That's how he felt right now. While he attempted during the last few days Joshua had been staying at his home to clear his friend's mind and overall try to be present for him knowing the anniversary of his sister's passing, probably keeping copious amounts of hard liquor in the open was not the right call as Grimmie now was belligerently drunk beside him. He was happy that Ellie-Grace was calling him, in a way he seemed to always look forward to when she reached out to him. Albeit, that connection was just slowly remerging after years not keeping in touch. It was refreshing to hear her voice. "Um, Joshua isn't doing too great right now," he said in a defeated tone, sighing out quietly as he looked over at him. It was bad enough that he had gone ahead to handle some of his own issues earlier today leaving Joshua to fend for himself, even worse that now Ellie would likely be seeing him like this.

It all seemed fine at first when they sat down to chat but quickly took a turn before Ryan was even done with his second beer. The tears came flowing out and the drinks became more of a clutch rather than an enhancement to the conversation. "He kept chugging down all kinds of liquor when we started talking a little while ago." He stood up in a swift motion, seeing Joshua's head and upper body crash down on the couch in an almost comedic, slow motion fashion. He held back a chuckle while trying to talk. "I had to step away to handle some things only for a few hours, but I'm certain he was drinking while I was gone too," he explained over the phone. While he was understanding of the spiral of emotions his friend was going through, a part of him was frustrated that he chose to pull this off today.

Ryan runs his free hand through his hair, before snatching away the empty glass on the counter. He had seen the drunken side of Joshua before, but nothing even remotely close to this. He would always give him crap about being a lightweight, yet none of those times compared to what he was seeing at the moment. "Grimmie, if you puke on my couch, I will fucking kill you." He said half-jokingly to his friend in a more quiet tone when he moved the phone away from his ear for a moment. Given his drunken state and that Jersey accent coming through even stronger, it was difficult to understand what he was trying to say. "Are you on your way? I'm usually good with taking care of drunken adults, um... I think might need your help with this one." He asked her when he returned the phone to place, pacing around the bar area while keeping an eye on Grimmie.
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#8592 Posted : 26 February 2021 10:41:06(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"I'm good, all things considered too. I think that's becoming our motto for 2021, huh?" Ellie laughs softly, trying to make light of things but still feeling a little pang of sadness within her as she knows that this year doesn't look like it's set to be any kinder than the previous one. Talking with Ryan was easier than she ever expected. Never one to keep in touch with her exes and a very sensitive soul, the idea of chatting to Ryan even a year ago would have frightened her to the core. The idea of being so close with someone to being awkward strangers who know one another but no longer know one another wasn't something she was keen on experiencing. With Ryan, however, things were so easy when they finally met again. The conversation flowed so naturally and all the worries were put to bed. If anything, she enjoys his company more this time around. Now here they are, chatting away on their personal phone numbers and about to meet up yet again.

When Ryan says that her friend isn't doing too great, Ellie-Grace closes her eyes and takes a deep breath, waiting to hear the worst. At the revelation of Joshua being drunk, she sighs in relief. Granted, it's not the best state of mind to be in but she's aware of her good friend's issue with drug abuse and past suicidal thoughts. Downing whisky is the better alternative in her eyes. "Ryan, as long as he's still in your house then he's safe. Don't worry too much about it. You're not a babysitter for a grown man and you've got your own life. OK, it's not the best scenario but face it, it could be worse." Ellie runs a hand through her hair and laughs softly as she faintly hears Ryan's warning to Joshua about puking on the couch and a potential beating. "He never could handle it, could he?". Ellie-Grace makes sure not to explicitly mention booze out loud just in case the information is picked up by meddlesome ears. It's hardly a big scandal, a man of legal age mourning his sister and getting drunk. However, more people interfering is not what Joshua needs. Best to keep it under wraps between herself and Ryan.

Joshua crashes down on the couch when Ryan moves his support away, his head doing a little bounce as it hits the seat. The shock of the fall makes Joshua spring back up with alert eyes. "N-no...I..did..I...I.." Joshua mumbles nonsensically before giving up on his rambling, finding it too difficult to even talk. He then giggles to himself, slouching back down on the couch, head against the back and tilted up at the ceiling while he continues to chuckle away at whatever's going on in that brain of his. It's very clear he helped himself to more drink when Ryan. He's not the sharp and funny Joshua he usually is, even with a few drinks. He's just one big bumbling baby in his own imagination land right now.

"I'm en route, don't worry, Mr." Ellie says as she stifles a laugh. Although poor Joshua must be in some state and Ryan must be feeling some stress and worry, Ellie-Grace can't help but find a little humour in the situation. These are two big 6'3 men who seemingly have an answer to everything and have some of the brightest minds in the industry and yet it seems like it's little ole Ellie-Grace to the rescue. "Men. You're lost without us."
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#8593 Posted : 26 February 2021 13:31:09(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Ryan had a fair share of wittiness and charm when it came to the opposite sex, it was a talent that he pride himself with in most of his adult life. Did that mean he was always the nicest or even most faithful around? No, and those are facts he owns up to. Finally he was making an effort to change his act, which was a foreign concept to him. He also was new to the idea of being friends and maintaining contact with an ex. A lot has changed in ten years in both of their years. Naturally so, Ryan was no longer a then 33 year old living like he was 21, and Ellie was not an 18 year old teenager.

Hearing Ellie-Grace’s reaction helped put himself more at ease. As she explained aloud to him, he realizes that things could be a lot worse. Joshua had his history with substance abuse, which unless he had snuck some with him in his trip over, Ryan knew he wouldn’t find any of that at his house. His own marijuana use had become rare these days. “I guess you’re right... I don’t know. I got in my own head about everything.” He says aloud while leaning against the bar, watching Joshua still drunkenly trying to manage his own body on the couch, a struggle to even sit up. Admittedly it was pretty laughable, a small chuckle escaping his lips.

“I can’t speak for our friend Joshua over here. I for damn sure am nothing without women. What on earth would I write about? My friend drinking all my expensive bottles? It does not have a large appeal.” He questions sarcastically while grinning, knowing that his main inspiration in his songwriting has been past relationships and sexual affairs. “Is Jacob driving Miss Daisy over?” He says holding back a laugh, teasing her at the fact that she had her own driver. “I’m not judging, you know. It was just a little strange that one time I drove you home and you instinctively took the backseat.” Ryan usually found something to tease those he was close with and bring it up whenever he got a chance. As someone who lived with plenty of luxuries in his life, there was no way he was about to seriously judge one of his counterparts with a decision to make their world easier. “I’ll see you soon, EG.” Remarking with a sly smirk, feeling a certain sense of excitement to getting to spend some time with Ellie, even if their shared friend was currently bobbling his head while stupid drunk.
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#8594 Posted : 26 February 2021 15:56:42(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"At least he doesn't get aggressive or rude. So again, let's count our blessings. We're looking after a big, slurry man-baby and not a big guy from Jersey looking for a fight." Ellie-Grace doesn't bother covering up her laugh anymore, wanting to put Ryan more at ease as she can sense that he's a little bit flustered about the situation. "You're a good friend. You want to do right by him and that's what you're doing. Just breathe, OK? He's not going anywhere and I'll soon be there to lift the mood with my Southern hospitality." Ellie-Grace may joke but she does have a very comforting presence. Very sisterly and maternal. It's why Joshua gets on so well with her. They both love people and really taken an interest. They're the type of friends to just randomly send a gift to your house for no other reason that just to make you happy. She has the ability to kiss better the worst of wounds.

"I don't know, all these years on the planet and you struggle for writing material? You need to get out more, Ry." She still finds it hard to believe that she's now comfortable enough to tease and joke around with Ryan. At one point she feared they wouldn't even have anything to talk about. When Ryan pokes fun at her having a driver she just scoffs. "Of course! Gets me there in one piece and I never really did master the art of driving." Back when they originally dated, Ellie-Grace was taking driving lessons and often proclaimed about how terrifying she found the experience. She has the money to pay someone to do the steering for her so why not? "Sometimes you get a better picture of things from the backseat, Ry." Ellie-Grace teases with a little giggle. "OK, I'm not too far. I'll can smell the scotch in the air. I'll see you soon, OK? Bye!". She smiles to herself and hangs up after they say their goodbyes.

Meanwhile, Joshua calls out for "Ryan" in a very whiny tone, sounding a little bit distressed. He looks over at his friend with sad pouted lips before giving the seat next to him a heavy pat. "Y-you...y..you left me...". He wants his friend back to lay all over.
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#8595 Posted : 26 February 2021 16:34:14(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

“It’s the little things, right? Don’t worry. I have a talent for corrupting people, give me like another year or so. I’ll make sure he is a complete fucking asshole by the time I am done with him, drunk or otherwise.” He said jokingly, leaning against the bar. In a way he felt like he was talking to a brand new person compared to the girl he knew so long ago before they recently got back in touch. “A drunken Jersey kid, a cute Southern girl, and a handsome devil by way of thirteen different cities. What could possibly go wrong tonight?” He laughed, acknowledging the strange crowd that was the three of them being in the same room for the first time not in a crowded award show audience.

“Why do you think it’s taken me eight years to make an album? I gotta get my heart broken a few times to truly kick it into gear, Ellie-Grace. It’s what the people want.” He usually was not a fan when people shortened his name, it felt unnecessary to him with his already four-letter name, but he never corrected Ellie on it. In fact, she would call him Ry even way back when they first met and it always seemed different with her. “Whatever you say, your majesty. One day I’ll convince you to drive my Rover. In a empty parking lot, of course. I don’t want you to kill anyone on my watch.” He said while chuckling softly, knowing that driving was never something she enjoyed doing. “Bye,” he quietly exhaled while hanging up. “Ugh, I’m in trouble,” he said to himself. A phrase that he found himself using more and more as of late.

He walks over to the main living room area once he is off the phone, slipping his device into his jean pocket. “Grimmie, listen to me very carefully, buddy. Ellie-Grace is about to be here, so everything we spoke about the other night, I need it to vanish from your head. You understand me?” He gives him a nod and taps his shoulder wanting to make sure that there are no drunken slip-ups from Joshua, which he was unsure what to expect in this state. Before he could reply, Ryan was rushing over to the mirror by the entrance way, adjusting his shirt collar and ruffling with his hair. He tried to make it a point not to try that hard with his appearance on the surface, when in reality it was something that he always put thought into.

Edited by user 26 February 2021 16:39:15(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#8596 Posted : 26 February 2021 17:37:08(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Joshua looks back at Ryan with his glazed over chocolate brown eyes and just smiles. He can hear Ryan talking to him but the words don't really register. Joshua has definitely had one drink too many. The room is spinning far too fast for him to focus on anything else. He's safe here, sprawled on the couch and slightly disassociating with everything going on around him. Joshua smiles and gently pats Ryan's hand when it connects with his shoulder. He's just doing it as a reflex response to the contact but Ryan may take it as a gesture of agreement. At this rate, Joshua can barely remember what happened 30 seconds ago let alone a deep conversation that took place days ago. Ryan's safe...for now. When Ryan walks out of the room, he makes the little whiney whimpering noise again, upset that his friend left the room.

"Here we go." Ellie-Grace speaks softly to herself, adjusting the bottom of her skirt after stepping out of the car, which Ryan no doubt heard pull up on the property. A fluttering of nerves and anticipation hit her stomach. As much as she's looking forward to seeing her favourite boys, there's a huge element of the unknown. Was Joshua worse than Ryan was making out? Could things turn nasty if Joshua doesn't wise up? Will she say the wrong thing and upset Joshua even more? All the questions aside, the biggest factor of her nerves is the idea of just being around Ryan. This will be the first time they've hung out together at his place purely as just friends and not together in a working environment. How will that go? There's no time to overthink as she's practically at his door now. "Thanks, Jacob." She waves her driver off and rings Ryan's door.

From the living area, Joshua's voice can be heard mimicking the sound of the doorbell.
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#8597 Posted : 27 February 2021 00:15:55(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

For now Ryan will take solace in the fact that Joshua is likely too drunk to hold up a conversation, much less bring up anything from their talk a few nights prior. He can’t hold it against his friend for finding comfort in alcohol given the circumstances. Binge drinking was something he partook in many times throughout his 20’s and 30’s. It was not healthy by any means, but it was better than drugs, particularly ringing true in Joshua’s case.

Ryan does not have much time to fix his appearance as the sound of the vehicle pulling up outside distracts him. It was not how he envisioned he was going to be spending his time today, although there was no denying the genuine nerves he felt fluttering in his stomach. He hated feeling like he was not in control of his own emotions, which partly came from his longtime battle with anxiety. That was one of the reasons he kept certain things bottled up inside him until they reach a rather intense breaking point.

He gives himself one last glance in the mirror, straightening the small, barely noticeable wrinkles in his shirt just as the bell rings. A small giggle escaping his mouth when he hears Joshua imitating the sound from the next room. Opening the door slowly, as if there was some grand reveal on the other side, immediately smiling at the sight of Ellie-Grace in front of him. It was not that usual trademark sly smirk of his that he turned on and off at will. This was a natural reaction. “Hey, EG. It’s good to see you,” he says softly, leaning forward to give her a hug. After a few seconds pass, he takes a step back and as subtly as he can admires her outfit for a quick second before gesturing her inside. “Please, come on in.”
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#8598 Posted : 27 February 2021 07:23:06(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"Hey!" Ellie-Grace smiles and embraces Ryan in the hug, happy to see him again and possibly even happier to be able to walk around again after being stuck in the back of a car for what seemed like an eternity with the horrible traffic. The hug was definitely welcomed. The easiness of it all may also be due to the fact that both Ryan and Ellie-Grace still look like they did a decade ago. Ryan just doesn't seem to age and Ellie-Grace is now wearing her hair in a similar, more natural style again. She's letting it grow and embracing her natural waves. During most of her time away from Ryan, she actually straightened her hair and cropped it shorter. It's like they've both been lifted right out of 2011 and placed in present day.

"You coping OK?" she asks while moving her hair back from her face, knowing that tonight hasn't exactly gone swimmingly for Ryan. Ellie-Grace steps into the house after being invited in, the some of her heels echoing in the hallway. "Can't help but feeling like I'm some sort of social worker coming to check on you boys." Ellie-Grace laughs, looking down at her outfit which is a very smart, all-black ensemble. She very well could be straight out of an office. Well, a very expensive office. It may look like a simple affair but she loves her clothes. This probably cost a lot. Not quite Ryan figures of lavishness but it's still beyond most people's price range. "How's our Jersey boy?" Ellie-Grace asks, lowering her voice just in case Joshua hears. She doesn't want him to think she's here as some sort of babysitter checking up on him.
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#8599 Posted : 27 February 2021 08:36:18(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

A lot of the flank he received a decade ago was due to their fifteen year age difference, which in retrospect was not a great move in terms of the public's perspective of him. Then again, he has always had this internal fight between freely doing what he wants and self-obsessing over what people think. It was something that occupied way more of his mental capacity than he wished to admit. A lot of life has happened in the past ten years for both of them but there was something about Ellie's presence that put him at ease.

"I can't complain. I can walk a straight line, unlike our friend," he said with a grin, rubbing his stubble. Ryan was dealing with his own issues this week, be it continuing work on his album, an old song leaking out, and again his insecurities with fame arising. All his problems were minimal compared to everything that Joshua and Ellie-Grace had been dealing with the last few days. "He is more drunk than I have ever seen him, but you know... at least he's here I guess." He explained, taking her advice from earlier that things could be a lot worse given Joshua's fragile state of mind this week. "You look great, by the way," Ryan comments with a small nod and smirk, trying to keep it as casual as it can come off. Not lingering around by the hallway anymore, as he starts walking towards the living room to check on their friend. "He's this way, ma'am. Let's pray he still has his clothes on."
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#8600 Posted : 28 February 2021 11:25:02(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Dating Ryan was Ellie-Grace's first and probably only real controversy to this day. She went from being treated as a demure, innocent little southern girl to nothing more than a piece of meat for reporters and nasty commenters on the internet. People began to pry, embellish stories and throw all sorts of insults that Ellie was never subjected to before in her life. While Ryan took loads of flack for dating a very young woman, Ellie-Grace received some venomous backlash for dating an older man too. Apparently she was after his money, using him for his fame and attention. Most of this harassment came from fellow women, leaving Ellie-Grace feeling very ousted and uncomfortable in her own skin for quite some time. Regardless of all she went through, it was never Ryan who was the problem. It was other people's opinions and their inability to act like decent human beings.

"Oh dear! Sounds like you've had your hands full!" Ellie-Grace laughs as she listens to Ryan talk about Joshua. She conjures up all sorts of images of what might be awaiting her in the main room. When Ryan compliments her outfit, she smiles and gives him a little nod. "Why, thank you. Not so bad yourself, Ry!". Ellie-Grace knows Ryan isn't too keen on his name being shortened but also knows she can get away with it. Ellie-Grace always gives those she cares about rather cutesy nicknames. Ry, Joshy, Ash, even Layla is switched to Laylers despite still having the same amount of syllables. "Oh God, let's hope so!" Ellie chuckles and shakes her head at the idea of stumbling across a naked Joshua.

"Well, look at you!" Ellie-Grace says in a lilted, almost singing voice as if entertaining a baby when she sees Joshua sprawled on the couch. She turns to face Ryan and lowers her voice. "Lord, what has he been on? Drainage cleaner?". Ellie then focuses on Joshua again and makes her way to the couch, perching herself on the edge of the seat next to Joshua. "I think someone may have overdone it, huh, Joshy?". She giggles and pats his knee.

"Eh-Eh-Ellie!! Oh I love..I love you, Ellie!!" Joshua throws his arms around Ellie-Grace, making her jump a little as she wasn't expecting such a big embrace from her friend.

"Oh my! Well, I love you too, Joshy!" Ellie-Grace smiles and rubs Joshua's pack, carefully pulling away from his hug. No fast motions in case he throws up or tumbles off the couch. She looks at Ryan with a relatively composed face that's trying to hide her laughter. "So, uh, what do you think's best? Getting him up to bed?"

At the mention of bed, Joshua pouts his lip and makes the whiney noise again which expresses his dislike of ideas.
UserPostedImage