logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

446 Pages«<438439440441442>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline BrownSugar  
#8781 Posted : 12 August 2021 04:03:15(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19112 time(s) in 7584 post(s)
"If you think this is a difficult conversation just wait until you come face to face with my folks again. They hate you. Things...things really shifted when you took off." Despite not being the one who was dumped, Alfie somehow bore the brunt of the fallout the most. Ellie was wrapped up in cotton wool, treated like precious china and was told everything would be OK. Alfie didn't get the same treatment even though he lost a great friend in the process. He didn't receive the same love and reassurance. Mr. Summers also came down harder on Alfie after Ryan left the scene. "My big sister was heartbroken. I was so young. I didn't know how to navigate her feelings, handle my own, deal with the icy atmosphere my parents created in the home. All that on top of school? You owe me a big fucking drink, Ryan." Alfie laughs very softly, starting to soften up for the very first time. Despite being older, Alfie enjoying alcohol isn't exactly a surprise. He'd often hint for a swig of Ryan's beer when nobody was around.

When Ryan approaches him and rests a hand on his shoulder, Alfie gently pats it for a second to show that he's no longer hostile. He does however continue to look down at the floor with an uncomfortable look on his face as he tries his best not to break down and cry. Growing up, Alfie was made to feel like he shouldn't cry or express emotions like that around other men. While his mother would nurture him, his father never responded well to tears. It was a different story when Ellie or Jeanette turned on the waterworks, however. "No, I do have to apologise. I shouldn't have hit you. Didn't make me feel any better and I don't like violence." He pauses for a second before turning to face Ryan. "Are you going to tell Ellie?". He starts to back away, walking and talking as they mutually agree to leave the bathroom. "Yeah, the smell in here is close to knocking me out."

Alfie exits the toilet with Ryan in tow, heading back towards the booth. It's an instant change of visual and sonic experience, stepping out to the liveliness of the bar from the dank echoes and seclusion of the restroom.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

Offline PANIC!  
#8782 Posted : 12 August 2021 07:07:08(UTC)
PANIC!

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
At the mention of his folks, Ryan couldn't fathom to imagine how an interaction with the rest of them would go. If Alfie, the biggest supporter they had for their complicated relationship some 11 years ago, had just punched him in the face, god only knows that some likely wanted him six feet under rather than anywhere close to Ellie again. "I'm well aware of what I'm signing up for. You all have a right to hate me. Ellie and I both know that this won't be easy once more people know about us." He couldn't put himself in Alfie's shoes to experience all he went through after he left his life. Alfie was barely a teenager and he had to deal with this absolute shitstorm at home that by the sound of things truly threw all their lives into a loop. There were no words he could say that would make up for the crippling affliction his one act set in motion. Ryan was hopeful he could make it up to them in the future through his actions and commitment to becoming a permanent fixture in their lives.

"Don't worry. I'm not going to tell Ellie. Thankfully, you didn't hit me that hard." Ryan smirked and patted him lightly on the back as they walked to the original booth they met at, sliding back into his original seat. Albeit, the spot where he struck him still felt sore. They both knew Ellie well enough that the argument was not going to be whether he deserved it or not but rather a scolding for Alfie getting violent in the first place. "It's cool, you were heated in the moment. I'm not going to judge you for it. A lot of people think I have a punchable face." He shrugged his shoulders, adjusting himself to lean forward, elbows placed firmly on the table. "I will tell your sister that we met up when I talk to her later. She has no idea I'm in Nashville. I know if she did and knew what I was doing, she would have insisted to be here but this is something I had to do on my own." He mused aloud, his eyes gazing around the bustling bar for a few seconds.

"So, how about that drink I owe you?" He clears his throat and gestures for a server, who quickly is at their table, a young woman who was probably just about as old as Alfie, cheery beside them to take their order. "Evenin'. I'll do a glass of Lagavulin 16 years. Make it a double on the rocks, please." The sweet nectar of single malt scotch was exactly what Ryan felt like he needed after the whirlwind of a night it's been and they haven't even truly started to go deep into their conversation. It had been a few months since he had a glass of hard liquor, having a general rule of thumb to avoid most alcohol when he was recording or on tour. Thankfully now that the album was finished, he could be a bit more loose. "And whatever my company here will have tonight, put it on my tab as well." He informed the server, flashing his trademark grin that was unintentionally both cocky and alluring, which teetered on one side or the other depending how you felt about the man.
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#8783 Posted : 12 August 2021 10:07:50(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"You know what? I think I am feeling a little better after that outburst. Thank you, Ryan." Alfie sarcastically grins at his old friend as he sits down in the booth, this time closing in the vast distance he was initially keeping between the pair. While still not proud of striking someone, it was a way of releasing a decade's worth of pent up energy, emotions and confliction. Now that the punch has been thrown and a few choice words have been said, he can forge ahead and start to let go of that tension which has been brewing from the start of the last decade. When Ryan confesses to have a punchable face, Alfie nods along and taps the edge of the table as he speaks. "Yup. My dad isn't a fighter but I have a feeling I'll have to be there to play referee once you spill the beans." Alfie gives Ryan a soft, slightly forced smile, wishing he was joking. He knows fine well his dad is going to overreact and won't be cool with it.

The tapping of Alfie's fingers continues, growing faster in pace and louder in sound. It's a nervous thing. His knee is constantly bouncing too and he continues to look out, surveying the venue rather than give Ryan any more eye contact than necessary. He clears his throat and forces himself to meet Ryan's eye again. "This is weird. Sat here with you. It, uh...it's kinda unnerving. I suddenly feel like I'm in 2010/2011 again and I'm this little school kid. Yet I'm...I'm not. I'm sat here in a bar waiting on a drink. I know you but I...don't know you. I've never been this version of me around you. I...I don't know if I'm making sense." Alfie shrugs and laughs a little, his face making the exact same expression as Ellie's when she laughs too. Despite looking more like the father with his dark hair and eyes, Alfie is definitely natured more like Ellie and their mother. There's a soft, gentle air too him and a very slight effeminate quality at times, which of course has a few people talking. It only comes through it certain mannerisms but it's there. That's not to downplay his masculine side at all. Ryan knows first-hand that Alfie can be rather boisterous and he was a very typical teenage lad.

"Thanks for agreeing not to tell Ellie. I won't say anything about this meeting either. I'll wait for you to say something." Alfie gives Ryan a soft smile, already much more relaxed. He doesn't have it in him to remain hostile. Even though he still has a lot of questions and reservations, it's too exhausting and not in his nature to be so standoffish. There's a reason why Ellie told him first and why Ryan views him as the easiest to approach. When their server approaches the table, Alfie quickly takes out his driver's license as a form of ID, holding it out to her as he orders his Jack and Coke. He's 24, approaching 25 but has such a boyish face. "Oh, it's routine. I always get asked for it." Alfie shakes his head as he puts the card back into his wallet.

Looking over his shoulder to make sure their server is out of earshot, Alfie then turns his attention back to Ryan when the coast is clear. "Man, she was hot!". Alfie certainly hasn't changed much besides the deeper voice and growth spurt. He was always talking to Ryan about girls. Granted, he couldn't exactly do it with Ellie or Jeanette but he also trusted and felt comfortable with Ryan.
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#8784 Posted : 12 August 2021 12:02:42(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

While there was a general animosity still in the air, the tension levels had decreased some since Alfie punched Ryan right on the jaw and released some of that built up anger that was seething in him. There was no telling how their older sister Jeanette and their parents were going to take the news of Ellie-Grace once again letting Ryan into her life and opting to be romantically involved with him at that. There was no scenario where he was going to be accepted given how he exited their lives and the passage of time was not going to repair that. “Honestly, I can take whatever they throw at me. I only worry for Ellie. The friends we’ve told are all supportive. It’s a different ball game with you and the rest of your family.” The reality was clear in Ryan’s mind and a part of him worried that Ellie may have doubts once she saw her family negatively react to their relationship.

When he last saw Alfie, he was just this 14 year old whose worries were minimal. It was school, video games, and a less than ideal home life due to his father. Now he was in his mid-20s and clearly strong enough to kick the ass of a grown man almost twice his age. “I get what you mean, man. It wasn’t just 10 long fucking years… I missed a lot of important years of you growing up and becoming, well, whoever the hell this guy sitting across from me today is.” Ryan forced a small chuckle after his remark, rubbing his forehead as a sense of guilt and remorse hit him. Alfie was right. The face across the table was familiar and had a deja vu esque effect to it. The man they each were today are strangers to one another. “I’m sorry for not being there.” He quietly said, looking down at the table. A small apology was not going to make a difference compared to all the time he missed.

Ryan nodded his head as Alfie spoke about keeping things between them for now. “Hopefully no hardcore Ellie-Grace Summers fan snaps a picture of us tonight and leaks it. I’ll have a lot of explaining to do when I get back home.” He remarked jokingly, not considering it totally out of the question given that they were in Nashville out of all places where even early in her career she would get recognized over him in this city. Ryan finds it humorous how Alfie readies his ID for the server. It was not out of the question that she would have asked anyways given his young looks. “Your sister and I came here a few times back when we started dating. They never asked her for ID and she certainly wasn’t of legal drinking age in the U.S. back then. My charm probably let it slide.” Chuckling, he found it a big relief that they could at least joke some now instead of the awkward nature the night began in.

He did not think too much of the server until Alfie brought up her up, gazing to watch her walk away, admiring her for a few seconds. “Yeah, she’s attractive. I would say a tad bit too young for me but that’d be bullshit.” He stated smiling, poking fun at his own expense for his affinity of dating younger women. Looking back over at Alfie, he felt a small hint of comfort that he was talking to him about girls. Many times he would bend his ear talking about them and for good reason given that he was a hormonal teenage boy which Ryan was all too familiar about being one himself years prior. He wanted to dig deeper into questions about Alfie’s own life and relationships but it was too early given everything else that was up in the air for them. “It’s weird because I can still notice a pretty girl but it does nothing for me now. I’m lucky to have the only woman I want by my side. She’s all I need.” That almost childlike smile usually appeared on his face when he spoke about Ellie. There was a sense of affirmation that his words carried when he spoke about her.

“I guess I’m either crazy in love or getting old. Pick your poison.”
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#8785 Posted : 12 August 2021 13:17:50(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Alfie sighs and looks at the table as he hears Ryan express his worry for Ellie when it comes to the Summers family. There's a sinking feeling in his stomach, sadly relating to the fear of backlash. Their father is a strong, dominating character. Jeanette is also extremely acidic. She acts aloof and pretends not to care but her vicious tongue really does stem from an odd, twisted form of eldest sisterly love. "I think...I think it's Ellie's mind we'll have to change rather than my dad's. Instead of worrying about how he'll take the news, we should focus on building Ellie's confidence and make sure that she gets to a place where so doesn't care what he thinks. She used to be more headstrong but ever since...you know...she went back into her shell and then some. My dad helped pick up the pieces and now she has this extreme sense of loyalty towards him." Alfie sure enough has the inside scoop, being closest to both parties. While Ryan may be aware of her love and respect for her father, he may have not been clued up on just how close their bond grew after Ryan left her.

When Ryan apologises for not being there, it doesn't exactly bring the last decade back for redo but it's a step in the right direction. After radio static for the best part of ten years, a quiet apology is a start. "I'm sorry you weren't there. Things probably would have been really different had you stuck around. You really left us in the shit, man." Alfie speaks in a very matter-of-fact manner as opposed to delivering that statement with malice. It's true; Ryan's departure had a catastrophic impact on the Summers' and Alfie's life was hellish for the longest time as a result of it. While they're sitting here exchanging niceties and not exactly wanting to kill one another, Alfie also isn't going to sweep that pain under the rug. "I know you said you were an asshole for doing it, there was no excuse, blah blah blah, so...why did you go? What was going through your head at the time? To me, things were good. You and my sister were so in love, you seemed real fucking happy, you were at the family home practically every other day and then...whoosh."

At the mention of Ellie drinking here whilst under age with Ryan back in the day, Alfie grimaces and physically squirms in his seat. "Yeah, that's right. My sister was even younger than I am when you two first dated. That's uh...that's a sentence I never wish to repeat again." He nervously taps on the table again, looking around to see if there's any sign of their drinks yet despite the server only just leaving under a minute ago. Rather than dwell on Ellie's age in a negative light, Alfie tries to salvage it by turning it around on his own age and antics. "At least Ellie waited until she was 18 to drink. You were sneaking me sips of beer when I was 14. I can't exactly talk when it comes to age." Alfie is correct. He wasn't a "bad" teen, everything was still done with a wink and a giggle but he was definitely rather mischievous. Ryan once caught him smoking a cigarette out on the back porch. Another thing still kept secret from Ellie after all these years.

"There's a girl who works here on Friday and Saturday nights...fuck!" Alfie exhales and flaps his collar. Clearly she's to die for...or Alfie's just being eager as usual. He'd openly talk to Ryan about girls all the time but, no longer being 14 anymore, there's less of a giggly innocence to it. These are now actual potential conquests for Alfie and not just a teenage fantasy. When Ryan talks about admiring pretty girls but no longer feeling anything for them, Alfie cocks his head to the side and listens intently. Hearing Ryan admit that he's crazy in love with his sister really hits home. Granted, Ellie already told him that the pair were in love but this just cements it. "You're truly crazy in love with my big sister again?" Alfie lowers his voice, becoming more serious. He looks Ryan dead in the eye as he delivers his next lines. "Well...I'm happy for you both and I'm not...I'm not gonna stand in the way of that. Fuck, I'll fight for you both. I want you two to win but don't fuck up again, OK?" Alfie nods towards Ryan, reaffirming his stance. He's not the most threatening guy in the world but the confidence in his voice, the stare dead in the eye...Alfie is serious. Ryan better not fuck up again.
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#8786 Posted : 12 August 2021 16:15:01(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Now talking to Alfie in a more relaxed fashion, he realized that even as good long-term friends as the likes of Layla and Joshua were to Ellie, nobody knew her quite as well in a family dynamic as her younger brother did. He was a valuable resource to have because he was the only one who would open up to Ryan and share these details. No matter how open Ellie was, there’s pieces to her that he had not seen or learned of yet. There was an instant sense of fear set in him as he learned about this perceived loyalty she had with her father. Could she actually overlook his likely disapproval of their relationship? His gaze dropped and his expression went blank. It was enough to indicate that he had no knowledge of the close bond she had with her dad post his departure. “I know she’s scared to tell him. I don’t think she wants to have to decide between us, you know?” While he would never give her that ultimatum, he was unsure if Mr. Summers would do the same for her. “I can only do and say so much when it comes to that because I don’t want to overstep. I have to trust her judgment and hope I come out on the right side.”

The question rang in his ears as if there was a prolonged echo in the words Alfie directed at him, so much so that everything after almost faded. Why did you go? It was a valid question and one that nobody had directly asked him, not even Ellie-Grace when they first got back in contact brought it up. The instances where they discussed the past were kept short, probably a mechanism both used to not bring any pain to the other in reliving those memories. “You’re right. Ellie and I were madly in love. I can’t pinpoint anything that was wrong between us. That’s what kills me. I didn’t break up with her due to a lack of love. I never stopped loving her.” It was a difficult explanation, so finding the right words were an obstacle.

“I may have won your family over after enough time but, fuck… there was so much noise at that time. Everyone had an opinion about us. That shit is tough to overlook when it’s so prominent in your day to day.” He felt it went without saying what most of that chatter was back then. Alfie was a bright 14 year old who had access to the internet. That was the common excuse he used to reason with himself and help himself sleep at night. Sure, it was part of it, yet it still did not tackle the entirely of why he left. “I left because I was 33 years old and yet I was not in a place to love and be in a relationship like that one. I was 33 living like I was 23. Your sister, for as young as she was, had her shit together way more than I did. She wanted to stop me from being my own worst enemy. I wanted to drive that car off the cliff.” He scoffs, truly having a deep-rooted hatred for who he was back then. He’s so in his thoughts that his eyes were heavily welled up with tears and he did not budge at all, pushing through it.

“I selfishly wanted to sleep around and continue to live this freewheeling lifestyle. It would have been that much more painful for everyone if that version of me cracked while I was in all your lives.” If absence makes the heart grow fonder, so does time. The blowback was terrible for everyone he left behind and that was only a little over a year into their relationship. He felt as if the impact would have been that much more atomic had he been with her 4 or 5 years before he opted to leave. “I'm not proud of that. I wish I had been in the right state of mind to go about things better. I recognize that I took a very cowardly way out and in doing so, I ruined the lives of some people who I truly cared about.”

Ryan laughed at Alfie’s expression of this potential conquest of his that works here. At some point way back when they knew each other, he envisioned a time where much like an older brother would, he’d give him advice for his first date and buy him alcohol and condoms for prom night. Sadly his departure meant that he missed all those moments in Alfie’s adolescence. He taps his thumb rhythmically against the table, returning his gaze to him as he speaks up in a serious tone. It was obvious that it was the protective brother side was coming out and after the punch Ryan received for his trouble earlier, he did not doubt him.

“I’m not going to fuck up again.” He matches Alfie’s stare, responding confidently without a second of hesitation. “I love your sister, Alfie. She’s the one. Ellie-Grace is the love of my life. There’s nobody else for me but her. I never want to hurt her again.” Ryan was clear and honest in his speech, not wanting to leave a single doubt about his feelings towards Ellie.

Edited by user 13 August 2021 00:42:46(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#8787 Posted : 13 August 2021 02:07:25(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

The more they discuss Ellie's relationship with their father, the more wound up Alfie becomes. Their father isn't an objectively bad person. He acts the way he does out of love and fear but it's still detrimental regardless of his intentions. Mr. Summers has a very black and white view of the world and is reluctant to hear otherwise and be told what he's doing is wrong. "My dad always moves the goalposts, though. He'll say he'll ease up on things when we reach a certain age. That age comes and things don't change. He wants us to achieve certain things. We achieve them. Nope, not good enough. Ellie is nearly 30-years-old. She shouldn't have to worry about what dad thinks but I know she does. She worries too much." Alfie sighs and leans back in the booth, crossing his arms again. Thinking about his father and his suffocating ways really pisses him off. "My dad's real good at making people feel guilty and Ellie doesn't like to hurt people." Alfie doesn't know if Ellie would chose her father over Ryan if push came to shove. What he is 100% sure of however is the emotional turmoil it's all going to cause. This isn't going to be smooth sailing at all and he wants Ryan to be prepared, not turning up with a knife to a gunfight.

Hearing Ryan explain the reasons behind his departure opens Alfie's eyes a little more. It doesn't bring the last ten years back nor is it nice hearing Ryan confess to wanting to sleep around with others while he was with his big sister. It does paint a better picture of a situation that was extremely perplexing and hazy for the last decade, however. "That uh...that must have been tough for you." This is probably the first time someone has heard and understood Ryan's side of this chaotic story. Alfie was so wrapped up in his own hurt as well as his big sister's heartbreak that he couldn't see beyond it, forgetting Ryan is human too with complex emotions. To him, he was just a cold bastard who went and left them in the lurch. "I still think it was a really, really shitty thing to happen but...I had no idea you were feeling all that. To me, you just up and left. I'm sorry you went through all that shit." Alfie then blurts out with laughter, shaking his head in disbelief. "Wow, listen to me talk to you about relationships as if I've ever had one." Alfie himself is living the bachelor lifestyle Ryan yearned for and, heartbreak of his beloved sister aside, he can understand why. He loves the single life. Alfie's parents push him to date and "find someone" all the time but there's so much left for him to explore and experience.

Listening to Ryan's declarations of love for his big sister, Alfie decides not to grill him any further, taking his words at face value. He knows fine well that other family members won't go as easy on him or believe his heartfelt pleas. Instead of digging for more convincing, Alfie opts to tease Ryan instead. "Good. If you hurt her again, I will hunt you down and unleash Jeanette on you." It may be a joke but the thought is still enough to instil fear into any man. Jeanette is not to be messed with. He giggles and looks out across the floor. "The fuck are these drinks, man?"
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#8788 Posted : 13 August 2021 04:05:34(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Ryan was fortunate enough to live a life so far that had little uncertainty to it. Everything he mapped out for himself, he achieved it and had nobody to answer to. The aspects that are out of his control and not crystal clear, those are the ones that worry him and spiral his mind into that anxiety-ridden space. The fear of losing Ellie-Grace again for reasons beyond his reach was a terrifying notion that he hadn't thought of until now. "I always thought your dad was too harsh with all of you. Him and I got into some arguments, as I'm sure you remember. I have a big mouth and I didn't let things slide." At the tail of end his relationship with Ellie the first time around, him and Mr. Summers tolerated one another. That was as best their dynamic was ever going to be. Now having him return into his youngest daughter's life after breaking her heart as a? It was going to be volatile situation . "I'm letting E.G. do things at her own pace. I don't know when she'll feel ready to talk to them about everything. Whenever she does, I'll be there for her."

The only other person that had an unfiltered run of Ryan's headspace when he decided to break up with Ellie and leave them all behind was his therapist. As people knew nothing about it, they assumed that he was on his typical, villain-esque behavior as a heartless serial dater. He did not feel comfortable sharing this with anyone else in his life at that time because just like their relationship was then and is now in its renewed state, it's very personal and private to him. He's protective of her even though she can fend for herself and is a star in her own right. "Leaving your sister was the biggest regret I had in my life for a long time I... I went through periods where I wanted to call her or reach out in some way and I had to stop myself because it wouldn't have been fair to her. It took me 9 years to be at a place where I could even remotely see myself talking to her. I didn't want to disrupt her life or yours or anyone in your family." Inherently, he had a streak to him that cared deeply about people. How he expressed that was questionable at times. He felt that avoiding her and keeping his distance for so many years was his way of doing what he felt was best for them, even if it painted him as cruel. "Not even your sister really knows everything. I feel she rather be happy in the now, rather than talk about that hurtful past. It's something we should talk about at some point."

He shares a laugh along with Alfie as he speaks about his lack of relationship experiences. From the facts Ellie had shared with him, he knew that her brother was sort of just figuring things out in his own space and doing things that Ryan thought were perfectly natural as a 24 year old. Getting drunk, smoking weed, embracing that freedom of your early adulthood. "You're far too young to worry about relationships. You have plenty of time to figure all that out. I'll be 44 soon and I'm just now getting to a point where I want a marriage and kids. You're 24. Remember what I told you 10 years ago? Fuck whoever you want, just be safe about it." He chuckles, thinking back to the true, albeit a little crude advice he would dish out at Alfie's teenage self back then.

Almost like clockwork some seconds after Alfie looks around and complains about the drinks, they arrive and the server places each of their orders respectively in front of them. She apologies for the delay and states that the first round is on the house. Ryan was unsure if that was due to the wait or because she or somebody else behind the bar recognized him. Regardless he figures not to pry at it, simply nodding his head and mouthing a simple thank you. "We can now finally drink! I would say cheers to Jeanette but, your eldest sister terrifies me and most of this state I'm sure." Ryan remarks jokingly, shaking his head. That was a wall that he could never breakthrough nor did he think he ever would. She gave him nothing to work with no matter how hard he tried to build some repertoire with her, which was a challenge for the smooth-talker and charmer that he considered himself to be.
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#8789 Posted : 20 August 2021 10:40:53(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"Who even likes olives anyway?" Alfie asks one of life's biggest questions while popping one of the salty green devils into his mouth anyway. They're free, at arm's length and Alfie is rather tipsy so he's having them despite screwing his face up every time he chews down. Much like Ryan's other good friend Joshua, Alfie doesn't have a very high tolerance for alcohol. Jack and Coke appears to be his poison and while several of them definitely would knock someone silly, people don't tend to throw them back like Alfie. He's young and just wants to have some fun. He doesn't care about savouring it or appreciating alcohol. Nerves also play a factor in his eagerness to get intoxicated. Aside from that rocky first meeting in this exact same booth, this is the first time Alfie and Ryan have properly hung out not just in a decade but with both of them being grown men too. Doing it stone cold sober may have proven awkward. Loosen up after a few drinks definitely made breaking the ice a whole lot easier. They've spent their night just chatting away like regular pals. No cursed talk about what happened back then.

"Remember the days when you used to sneak me swigs of your beer?" Alfie laughs as he sips his Jack. Clearly times have changed as he's old enough to do this legally and with gusto but Alfie always had this mischievous 'grown' side. He'd pester Ryan for some booze and was caught smoking a cigarette by him once as well. One thing that always kept Alfie on the side of 'adorable' and not a 'tearaway' is that there was always a sense that the things he got up to were down to curiosity and a yearning to explore rather than rebellion. He never got into scrapes with the intent of purely pissing off loved ones. "You didn't half hide some shit for me." Swearing. Another thing he could do around Ryan because Lord help Alfie if Mr. Summers ever heard him cuss. Poor boy would get a good whipping for such a thing. Alfie isn't exactly a drunken lost cause just yet but it can be seen in his eyes and heard in his voice that he is indeed a little intoxicated.

He certainly looks the part tonight, almost rivalling Ryan in the suave and sexy department. Probably the thing that has changed most about Alfie is his style. He is definitely more attuned to fashion, looking very smart and on trend. Back in the day, he was just a teenage boy. Hoodies and sportswear made up the bulk of his wardrobe. Wearing a black and white patterned shirt that looks like something straight out of a Karl Lagerfeld collection, dark slim-fit jeans and an immaculate pair of black leather loafers, Alfie certainly looks the part and it's no wonder he's a hit with the ladies around here.
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#8790 Posted : 21 August 2021 04:05:31(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

"I am strongly indifferent to olives." Ryan comments whilst shrugging his shoulders, smirking as he watches Alfie chowing down on them despite his clear dislike for them. It was a huge contrast between their last meeting at this same bar when the awkward tension was through the roof as the weight of the 10 years that preceded them was present with every word they spoke. He even got a punch that night from Alfie for his troubles. Now the two were back in the same place and booth, shooting the shit, and reconnecting in a more casual fashion than last time. There was still a small cloud above them as this was the first time they've hung out, willingly so, without any brewing problems to discuss.

Tonight, Ryan is on his second Old Fashioned of the night. Typically he'd avoid cocktails, preferring and appreciating the essence of a neat spirit rather than mixing it in an attempt to change the flavor profile. He was mostly doing so because he had no plans to get drunk. The last two times that's happened he's ended up getting naked live on Instagram with Joshua and hooking up with Ellie. He also felt a responsibility in recent years as the elder-statesman to look out for his younger friends who did not see alcohol the same way he did. "Man, I was putting myself out there with that one. I'm pretty sure Ellie doesn't even know about that." He laughs, shaking his head as he reminisced on those times. It made Ryan look "cool" in Alfie's book then. He personally never saw a big deal with it, noting it as better to do within your own house when you're a curious kid rather than getting into things outside of a safe space. "I didn't think I had to hold back around you. When you're that age, of course you'll want to try all this different shit to experience it, even if you only do it once. Will that make me a good father one day? Who the fuck knows?!" He exclaims grinning before sipping on his drink.

"Honestly, I thought back then how I'd be there to take you to your first bar, hear about your first hook up, smoke weed with you for the first time. All the things that would make your dad hate me even more." Leaning back in his seat, Ryan let his arm outstretch on the booth, taking a moment to survey the crowd tonight. His bodyguard duo were seated at a hi-top near the bar area, keeping a watchful eye on him. "Sorry about the whole bodyguard thing. It's a tad odd to have someone over your shoulder nearly always. I feel like I'd be fine without them but your lovely sister would be rather upset if I didn't have them around." He chuckled, nodding his head when he makes accidental eye contact with them. Ryan opted tonight for a black-colored light blazer over a colorful button up shirt, pairing the look with some distressed jeans and black boots. The two men were certainly both lookers.

Ryan still hadn't told Alfie that he was planning to go back to LA in the morning to reunite with Ellie-Grace and get back to work on the many projects he had ongoing. Subconsciously, despite the fact that Alfie was much older and the circumstances were different, he felt like he would be letting him down somehow by leaving. He knew it wouldn't be another decade before he saw him again but the past guilt was still there. "You should come out west soon to visit E.G. and I. It may serve you well getting out of Tennessee for a minute."

Edited by user 21 August 2021 04:07:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#8791 Posted : 21 August 2021 15:14:30(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"Olives are shit". Alfie finally pushes the bowl away from him despite only three behind left. The only redeeming quality about them was that they were free. Coming in later for drinks, the boys had missed the brunch menu and Alfie was already starving. His empty stomach also explains why the alcohol has been hitting him faster. At least Alfie usually sticks to beer or chases his liquor with a soda rather than try to act cool and hit it straight and hard like a certain other friend of Ryan's. "I need to go get like a pizza or something after here. No olives." He smirks and dusts off the rest of his Jack and Coke.

Reminiscing about those days no longer has a sting in its tail for Alfie. While he always held those glory days in high regard, whenever he mentally went back to that time, there would still be a pang of sadness and fluttering of anger within his core. With Ryan literally sat across from him and an overall sense of comfort in the air, it's a lot easier to take a trip back down memory lane. "Bro, I think that Ellie doesn't know a lot of things!". Alfie laughs, imagining how flustered his big sister would be if she found out half the stuff Alfie has gotten up to. She's not an extremely uptight person, she can have her fun, but Ellie is definitely the most reserved child. Alfie is the free-spirited one. Jeanette doesn't count as she doesn't have a soul. "I'm glad you didn't hold back around me. Everyone in my family treated me like I was made of fine china. Hid me from shit. That made me feel even worse when I wanted to get up to some stuff because they made everything a big deal. I wanted to try some beer. Not the end up of the world." Alfie shakes his head and furrows his brows, staring down at his empty glass. He's come a long way since then but unfortunately his father hasn't. Ryan hasn't seen the man in a decade but even he must be aware of his ways from the stories Alfie and Ellie share.

Alfie chuckles and briefly lays his head against the back of the booth. "Ryan, you have missed a whole lot of things, man." He hasn't explicitly said it but it's pretty clear that young Alfie is no longer a virgin. He was already talking about girls and curious about 'rude things' back in the day. "If you smoke weed with me, that's another thing you'll have to take to your grave. Imagine if Ellie found out?". Ellie wasn't best pleased when she found out that Alfie smoked weed. The idea of her boyfriend not only enabling it but joining in too would send her over the edge. At the mention of the bodyguards, Alfie looks over at the rather emotionless looking men then back to Ryan. "Dude, they look like a barrel of laughs. Should give one of them Jeanette's number." Bodyguards don't unnerve Alfie like they would a lot of Average Joes. He has found himself living in this weird in between for the last ten years. He isn't famous, still has a fair bit of anonymity (zealous Ellie fans aside), has everyday problems yet also knows what it's like to prepare for a tour, attend the FCAs and deal with the circus-like world of celebrities. Another reason why Alfie can't seem to figure out his life. He appears to be living in the space between two very different worlds. His parents and Jeanette purposely shun all that stuff, not wanting a thing to do with that lifestyle. Alfie has had one foot in each. He was working at TJ Maxx on a Friday and then having lunch with Layla Sanchez on the Saturday.

"That'd be awesome, man. Question is; is the West Coast ready for me?". Alfie laughs softly and tips the tiniest little dregs left from his glass into his mouth before standing up. "I'm gonna get another. Same for you?".
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#8792 Posted : 21 August 2021 23:47:33(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Ryan can't help but chuckle lightly at Alfie's now dismissal of the olives he was snacking on. Aside from the decade that passed between them and trying to make up for the time they will never get back, he felt an added responsibility to look out for Alfie even as a 24 year old grown man now, mostly due to the fact that it was his girlfriend's baby brother. He would never hear the last of it if something went south involving him while he was around. "Yeah, we should grab some food after this. I heard there's a place nearby with a pretty good olive pizza." He remarked jokingly, taking a sip from his own glass, although Alfie's comment reminded him of his own hunger. Granted, he wasn't feeling the effects nearly as much as Alfie given his experience and better management with alcohol.

"The most rebellious thing Ellie has ever done is opt to date me... twice!" Ryan laughed, pulling back the strands of hair off his own forehead. It was not a knock on her at all, more so both of them knowing her well enough and recognizing that she was a more careful and acute person than present company currently sitting across from each other. "Yeah, that's some bullshit. Well, we might both be older now, myself more so than you, but I'm sure we'll still get into some shit." He winked and chuckled, unsure exactly what that would entail, but looking forward to reconnecting with his old friend as an adult now furthermore in the future. Ryan also didn't want to dive deeper into the fractured relationship Alfie had with his father, opting rather to continue the good times rolling today.

Being a runner in his younger years meant that only very few people were constants in his life. A lot of his connections, romantically or otherwise, were in passing. As he's gotten deeper into his 40s he wanted to change that narrative and be present for those that are in his life, laying down roots that were not going to be pulled from their home at any given moment. "Shit, tell me about it. I dabble with the occasional edible and I gotta be careful with that. If she caught wind of us smoking up together, I know I would never hear the end of it. I'd be kicked out of my own bedroom." He finished the remains of liquid in his glass, only the cube of ice still in it. "I wouldn't do that to them. That's how they purposely try to get me killed." He chuckled. It was no secret to him that Jeanette was not the easiest person to deal with, even if you had a great deal of patience and tough skin, you were in for a losing battle with her. "I personally wanted to hire a female bodyguard because it's 2021. Your sister wasn't the biggest fan of that idea." He rolled his eyes sarcastically and laughed.

"There's only one way to find out, right?" Ryan stated with a raised eyebrow, resting his head on the back of the booth. "Yeah, I'll do another Old Fashioned. Thanks." He smirked, digging his phone out of his pocket when he walks away to check any texts or emails he's missed while they've been chatting away.

At the end of the bar, a young man leaned against the counter, waiting for his drinks to be served. He appeared to be in his mid-20s, well-kept hair standing tall, wearing a black leather jacket with a v-neck plain white t-shirt underneath and slim-fit jeans to match the jacket. His attire and overall demeanor was not dissimilar to a more modern day James Dean look. A hand rested on the bar counter while the other held his phone which shined near his face.
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#8793 Posted : 22 August 2021 02:25:22(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"It's gonna be weird having you, me and Ellie all under the one roof again. A good weird though." Alfie smiles as he shuffles around the table, ready to exit the booth. As a teenager, he used to feel this little flurry of excitement when Ryan would come over to stay. It meant playing video games, boy talk and just the general cool factor of having Ryan Ross Hernandez staying at his home. The other kids in school could never relate. Peasants. Even though he's a good ten years older, Alfie still feels that flutter of joy at the prospect of staying with Ryan and Ellie. The two of them being a happy unit and also taking him under their wing again feels like old times. Nature is finally healing. "OK, won't be a minute." Being a good boy and not wanting to bother servers, Alfie grabs the empty glasses himself and takes them to the bar.

Alfie places the glasses down on the bar and makes his order straight away, managing to get the bartender's attention easily as the area is relatively quiet. "Another Jack & Coke and an Old Fashioned, kind sir." Before the first syllable can escape the bartender's mouth, Alfie flashes him his driver's license for proof of age. Every damn time. He rests his arms on the bar and turns his attention to the left whilst waiting for his drinks. A few feat away from him stands a rather handsome man around a similar age, dressed to the nines. He immediately peaks Alfie's interest with his attire alone. Most of the clientele in here aren't exactly runway material, taking most of their fashion inspiration from all these Southern beauty pageants. Garish would be the best way to describe a lot of the folk in here. This guy is definitely in the same league as Ryan and Alfie in the suave department, however.

Realising that he's practically staring at this stranger, Alfie makes a point of purposely looking away. His eyes aimlessly wonder over the vast collection of poisons behind the bar. Being with company and simultaneously hiding in the closet, Alfie knows he can't exactly be gawking at hot guys. Well, one last look won't hurt. He turns for another quick glance but awkwardly catches the guy's eyes in the process. On the spot, Alfie sees no choice but to acknowledge it. He smiles softly at him with a little nod of the head. "Nice jacket, bro." It's not the best opening line but he feels as if he has to say something. Also, the jacket is really nice.
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#8794 Posted : 25 August 2021 07:46:47(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

The stranger that catches Alfie's eye is caught up in his own little world as he waits for his drinks to be served, too focused on his phone to notice the initial staring. His scan of the bar earlier there was no one, male or female, who perked his interest, although he noted two stern-looking men at the corner who were only drinking water and keeping a watchful eye on folks as if they were on lookout. He did not think much of it. In the exact moment that he finally looks up from the screen, he makes eye contact with Alfie. "Thanks." He says in a short and direct manner, running a hand through his slicked hair, adjusting his jacket slightly. "I appreciate the vote of confidence." He smirks, taking a step back and letting his eyes admire Alfie's outfit, as well as his frame in the process. "That's a sharp get-up you have there. Maybe Nashville isn't all plaid t-shirts and cowboy boots." Chuckling, his attention is soon diverted by his drinks being placed on the counter, a beer, and a Manhattan in a cocktail glass.

"I'm Ethan." Finally introducing himself, extending a hand out to Alfie with a raised eyebrow and nod. "And you are, bro?" He asks, putting an emphasis on it to tease him after his ice-breaker about his jacket. Ethan wasn't from here as he hinted earlier and it may be a given among a crowd, he stood out like a sore thumb even as most patrons here tried to look their best for a weekend outing. He had a small greater New York accent that came out with certain words but it was not as distinct as it is with others who grew up in the area.

Edited by user 25 August 2021 07:47:41(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#8795 Posted : 25 August 2021 19:21:56(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Alfie looks down at the sleeve of his shirt after Ethan compliments his attire, checking it out himself too. Yeah, this was definitely the correct choice of outfit. Sadly, he doesn't have many other high-end get-ups as they're all out of his price range. Ellie bought him this shirt as a gift but this stranger doesn't have to know. "Thank you, kind sir. I do try." Alfie chuckles and then gives the bartender a thankful nod as his drinks are handed over to him. "It's not all plaid and cowboy boots but I'd be lying if I said I didn't own any." There's no denying Alfie is a Southern boy and local to this area. He's not a passing stranger unlike Ethan. His extremely thick accent pretty much cements that. "I'm guessing you're from...uh...somewhere else?". Alfie can detect a slight greater New York accent but it's nothing too obvious. Could be a trick of the ears. All he knows is that this man is a long way from home.

"Alfie." He smiles as he shakes Ethan's hand, locking eyes with him for a moment. Alfie certainly didn't expect to be making skin on skin contact with this handsome man, albeit just a mere handshake. That's not to say he doesn't enjoy the closeness. This is all very new and weird yet exciting. Alfie has chatted to, playfully flirted with and, on many occasions, hooked up with people at this bar but they've all been women. Even if this is a short-lived innocent conversation, it's still rather thrilling to be talking to a guy he finds cute and of a similar age. Alfie notices the two drinks that Ethan has been handed. "Do you have company as well?". Ethan has probably noticed that Alfie also possesses two beverages. As much as he enjoys gawking at this hot guy, part of Alfie hopes Ethan has some company he has to get back to so that it gives them an excuse to part ways. Ryan may find himself very lonely and dry otherwise.
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#8796 Posted : 26 August 2021 00:41:26(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Ethan did not expect to run into any potential paramours tonight or at all during his visit to Nashville. In fact, thus far, he found his time in this city to be quite boring. Perhaps the tide was slowly changing. In his knowledge of this town, everyone here was either a native or some out-of-towner with big music dreams that couldn't afford to make it to Los Angeles or New York. "New York City." He confirms, not getting too personal or sharing any additional details to this perfect stranger. He split his time growing up between the city and the Hamptons, so his accent was more polished with just a trace of the more rugged, traditional NYC dialect. "Born and bred Tennessee boy, right? You must be a hit with the girls around here given that pretty face." He teases him, mostly to get a feel for him. He was attractive and it had been a bit since Ethan felt like he had some fun.

"Alfie... I like that. You must be the first person I meet with that name." He states smirking after they shake hands. Ethan presumed they both had company to return to as they both were handed two drinks each. "I either have someone waiting for me or I am an alcoholic, right?" Ethan softly chuckled, turning around to look behind him at the hi-top he was sitting at previously. "Yeah, I'm here with a friend. Pretty tame night." Ethan took a sip from his cocktail, scanning the area around them for a moment before looking back at the handsome young man. "How about you?" He asked curiously, wondering who Alfie's company was.
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#8797 Posted : 26 August 2021 01:46:25(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Alfie wasn't looking to meet anyone tonight. He never set off into the evening with that brain as he knew it was purely a night out with Ryan. Many attractive people passed by the pair but nothing to set pulses racing. That was until clocking Ethan at the bar. Alfie doesn't intend to ditch Ryan and jump this guy's bones but that's not stopping the mental image of it playing in his head as they speak. "I love New York!" Alfie beams but the smile slowly grows less enthusiastic as he continues. "Well, I went once. For a few days. It rained all the time...was still cool though! Felt like I was in 'Friends'!". A rainy couple days in New York is about as much as Alfie gets when it comes to a "vacation". That was due to him tagging along when Ellie had a show there. Practically every place he's been to outside his own state is down to Ellie. "Did the accent give me away?" Alfie jokes as he takes a sip of his freshly poured beverage. He blushes slightly and grins from ear to ear when Ethan says he has a pretty face. "Why thank you, sir!". He's definitely not used to men paying him such compliments.

At the mention of his name, he screws up his face. He's never been fond of it. Although he's much happier officially going by 'Alfie' now as opposed to 'Alfred'. That was always hellish at school. "Really? I think it makes me sound like I'm 64 rather than 24!". The name might be old-fashioned but it certainly has no impact on his youthful appearance. Alfie does NOT look 24, nearly 25. Most venues challenge him, thinking he's under 21. "Yeah, I'm here with a friend too." Alfie doesn't elaborate further out of respect for Ryan's privacy and the fact that it'd be so corny to just name-drop like that. Ethan seems really nice but they've literally only just met. He doesn't need to know he's out drinking with Ryan Ross Hernandez let alone that he's the younger brother of Ellie-Grace Summers.

"So, New York to Nashville, huh? What brings you here then; business or pleasure?" Alfie takes another sip of his Jack & Coke, letting his eyes trail down Ethan and back up again. He really likes what he sees.
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#8798 Posted : 26 August 2021 03:34:52(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Ethan finds himself engaged with Alfie as he talks about his own experience with New York or lack thereof. He'd usually find it laughable but Alfie had this good energy to him that was appealing. He didn't seem to take himself too seriously. "The city loses a little bit of its glamour when you've spent your entire life there. However, it's still home." Ethan didn't see himself ever moving out of New York, that is unless the Hollywood Hills call his name one day. "What brought you out to New York then?" Ethan was unsure of this conversation was simply friendly banter or if it would lead to anything else. "That little southern drawl? Only a tad bit." He playfully stated, taking another sip of his Manhattan, which was ironic given his background.

The question and delivery of it was enough of an indicator for Ethan that Alfie was likely on the same page, albeit in his own subtle way. "Mostly business, but I have a little time here and there for some pleasure." He remarked casually, letting his eyes roam the bustling bar area around them, knowing that Alfie was still scanning him over. Ethan had no interest getting into the details of why he was in Nashville, finding the conversation to be rather dull. He was a singer yet with no name recognition as he records material for a future big label release, it was pointless to him in sharing anything to do with that, especially with a stranger. "I'm sure you know why anybody would come to this town... I'm trying to be a country star. Is my outfit not showing that?" He questioned jokingly, a half-truth in his own way, without having to share anything intimate.
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#8799 Posted : 26 August 2021 04:29:00(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"I could say the same about Nashville." Alfie looks around the bar and up at the ceiling of the venue, mentally dissecting his home city and all it has to offer. He also knows what it's like to hear people gush over and romanticise his home when, in reality, it's not all it's cracked up to be. "The great food and the music sort of make up for what this place can be. Southern hospitality only lasts for so long." Alfie has experienced the phoniness of the people here first hand. There's a charm, warmth and welcoming nature in these parts at first but that façade drops sooner or later. A LOT of people in these parts will smile at your face then vote to take your rights away. When asked about New York, Ethan decides to play it safe again and not mention Ellie by name. "Oh, it was a little treat courtesy of my big sister. Was like...five/six years ago now. Hope to go back sometime." Alfie sips his drink and laughs softly against the rim of the glass when Ethan pokes fun at his thick accent. "Don't worry, my sister isn't my wife or my mother." He knows fine well about all the stereotypes that come with this drawl.

When Ethan states that he's open to some pleasure, Alfie nods and senses that they're on the same page. "Good to hear!". While it's unlikely anything will happen considering they both have company, it puts Alfie at ease to kind of sense that there's a real flirtatious energy going on and that he's not at high risk of saying something that'll result in him getting knocked out. Tennessee men aren't big on being hit on by other guys. "A young star trying to make it big in a strange new city. Sure I watched a few 'movies' that started out like that." Alfie playfully raises his eyebrows and takes another sip of his Jack and Coke. He can chat away to anyone while stone cold sober but the alcohol really makes Alfie a little social butterfly.
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#8800 Posted : 26 August 2021 07:07:47(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

"The Southern hospitality is welcomed in my book, regardless of how short it may last. Everyone in New York is an asshole. Friends lied to everyone there." He scoffed and shrugged his shoulders. It was no secret that New York and most of the upper east coast was a dog eat dog environment. You had to develop a backbone otherwise everyone would walk right over you, a trait that you learn pretty early on when you grow up there. "I mean, we're not in Alabama so I wouldn't assume but... thanks for the clarity!" He exclaims through laughter, knowing that the south was a whole different beast where weird things occurred. Nashville was likely on the more liberal end compared to some other places in the region. "I have a big sister too. She's like 10 years older than me, so we're not that close." While he's usually rather reserved about his life, he just blurted that out without second guessing it. There was something about Alfie that made it easy to talk to. Granted, odds were he'd never see him again after this brief interaction.

Ethan shakes his head at the commentary about what may have brought him to this city, sarcastically sighing out. "If that were the move, I took a lot of wrong turns on my way to the valley." He checks his watch for the time. He was unsure how long he'd been away from his table only knowing that he was now halfway through with his fresh drink and his sound engineer was still waiting for his beer. "I should be heading back. Nobody likes a warm beer." He smiled, patting Alfie's shoulder and giving it a squeeze before he picked up his glasses. "Is that an old fashioned? Looks like you're with some classy company." Smirking, taking note of the other drink Alfie had ordered for his mystery friend before he goes on his way, only making it a few steps when he turns back around to face him.

"Maybe I'll see you again before the night is over."
UserPostedImage