logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Aj  
#1 Posted : 11 May 2012 01:42:36(UTC)
Aj

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)

Anyone play it?
Offline forkboy  
#2 Posted : 11 May 2012 01:50:24(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
According to Steam I have so far put 55 hours into Skyrim & I'm pretty sure I have only finished the Mages Guild/College of Winterhold of all the major questlines.

I should really fix that, only I'm worried that I'll load up & be in the middle of some fucking huge dungeon, have no idea where the exit is & just give up. But I will go back to it at some point.
Offline Aj  
#3 Posted : 11 May 2012 08:41:28(UTC)
Aj

Man

Originally Posted by: forkboy Go to Quoted Post
According to Steam I have so far put 55 hours into Skyrim & I'm pretty sure I have only finished the Mages Guild/College of Winterhold of all the major questlines.

I should really fix that, only I'm worried that I'll load up & be in the middle of some fucking huge dungeon, have no idea where the exit is & just give up. But I will go back to it at some point.

College of Winterhold is such a good quest line. If your not too strict on your class I'd recommend the Companions though way, way better than the Fighters from Oblivion. Just generally love the game I reckon I've probably played over 100 hours, but I want to try and hit 200 on one character.

And if your a mage you should have the clairvoyence spell which is pretty handy for getting out of confusing places.

God this is so damn nerdy.
Offline Rincewind  
#4 Posted : 11 May 2012 08:54:33(UTC)
Rincewind

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
still not bought Skyrim... still working my way through Oblivion...
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline DistortedAudio  
#5 Posted : 11 May 2012 08:55:30(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
I'm gonna Dwarf Fortress this thread up:
http://www.timdenee.com/oilfurnace/

For Skyrim, I play every now and then.
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline forkboy  
#6 Posted : 11 May 2012 10:06:25(UTC)
forkboy

Originally Posted by: Aj Go to Quoted Post

College of Winterhold is such a good quest line. If your not too strict on your class I'd recommend the Companions though way, way better than the Fighters from Oblivion. Just generally love the game I reckon I've probably played over 100 hours, but I want to try and hit 200 on one character.

And if your a mage you should have the clairvoyence spell which is pretty handy for getting out of confusing places.

God this is so damn nerdy.

I've started the companions, pretty sure my next mission was something to do with witches who could cure lycanthropy
Offline forkboy  
#7 Posted : 12 May 2012 02:25:53(UTC)
forkboy

So I did a little Skyrimming. Had my first fight with Alduin alongside the good dragon dude.
Offline asdf  
#8 Posted : 12 May 2012 13:38:25(UTC)
asdf

Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
So I did a little Skyrimming. Had my first fight with Alduin alongside the good dragon dude.

Paarthurnax = Awesome.
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
thanks 2 users thanked asdf for this useful post.
forkboy on 12/05/2012(UTC), Aj on 13/05/2012(UTC)
Offline forkboy  
#9 Posted : 12 May 2012 20:17:42(UTC)
forkboy

Having wandered about Solitude I remember that I also finished the Civil War stuff, my Argonian being an important man in the Stormcloaks victory. I think the quest I started last night was for the Dark Brotherhood. Honestly, my quest log is just huge, full of things to do. That game is total madness isn't it?

I love a modern video game that is single player & can be played for more than 6 hours.
thanks 1 user thanked forkboy for this useful post.
asdf on 12/05/2012(UTC)
Offline forkboy  
#10 Posted : 12 May 2012 20:29:20(UTC)
forkboy

Oh & I need to find some blood from all the different -mer races. So far just got the altmer after killing a necromancer. It's for one of the daedric princes, Hermaeus Mora. I really love the stuff around the Daedra, the Shivering Isles stuff all centering around Sheogorath.

Honestly, I really kinda love the lore of TES games
Offline Aj  
#11 Posted : 13 May 2012 05:39:15(UTC)
Aj

Man

Having wandered about Solitude I remember that I also finished the Civil War stuff, my Argonian being an important man in the Stormcloaks victory. I think the quest I started last night was for the Dark Brotherhood. Honestly, my quest log is just huge, full of things to do. That game is total madness isn't it?

I love a modern video game that is single player & can be played for more than 6 hours.

Fuck the Stormcloaks. Empire all the way!

Must say though I was a little bit dissapointed with the Stormcloaks. I mean I get the fact that they're all a little bit racist (is that the right term?) gives them a bit of an 'edge' like the Imperials giving up Talos worship, but I thought it was little bit over done? Ended up with me hating the people I was fighting alongside for being such dicks and only doing it for the cause.

(Big spoiler if your a Stormcloak lover or haven't done the game.)

So excited for the DLC though I think it's going to be amazing.
Offline forkboy  
#12 Posted : 13 May 2012 06:45:16(UTC)
forkboy

Hah, hadn't heard that about Ulfric. Makes sense though from a certain perspective. Classic divide & conquer.

My reason for supporting the Stormcloaks was more about just the way I went from the start, dude I ran away at the beginning with told me to go meet up with Ulfric. I thought the racism stuff was really overstated by a lot of people who played the game, my dude was an Argonian, & while he got shit from some people, there was very little ill will. They didn't like the dunmer because there were loads of them refugees but that's not really racism per se. And you can't blame them for wanting their godking Talos back

Plus Rome vs Vikings, I pick Vikings every time. Though I would like to see the imperial missions at one point.
Offline forkboy  
#13 Posted : 18 May 2012 08:08:27(UTC)
forkboy

Just got Dagon's dagger. Pretty good weapon. I'm not sure which to use now, that or Malog Bal's mace. And I'm still rocking the Archmages robes. Plus bought the house in Solitude for 25k. Ouch. Basically all that money came from crafting & selling stuff. Ebony stuff mainly
Offline Gildermershina  
#14 Posted : 18 May 2012 20:50:54(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Just got Dagon's dagger. Pretty good weapon. I'm not sure which to use now, that or Malog Bal's mace. And I'm still rocking the Archmages robes. Plus bought the house in Solitude for 25k. Ouch. Basically all that money came from crafting & selling stuff. Ebony stuff mainly

Yeah, I bought that house. My wife lives there. I still keep my stuff in that fucking box next to the bed in Breezehome, because that's just where I keep it.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline forkboy  
#15 Posted : 18 May 2012 22:58:25(UTC)
forkboy

Originally Posted by: Gildermershina Go to Quoted Post

Yeah, I bought that house. My wife lives there. I still keep my stuff in that fucking box next to the bed in Breezehome, because that's just where I keep it.

I keep all my crafting materials in the Breezehome house. I keep my cool-but-not-really necessary weapons like the Wabbajack in Solitude.

I still have no idea how to get a wife in this game.
Offline Gildermershina  
#16 Posted : 18 May 2012 23:58:14(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

So, apparently I only played 42hrs of Skyrim. I think I am done. I am so goddamn bored by the whole thing at this point. None of the missions seem all that interesting, the weird little inconsistencies that have been around since Morrowind are still there (fight and kill a dragon, then one of the guards who fought the dragon at your side looks at this giant dragon skeleton and goes "I wonder where that came from?"). Just the way the characters animate, and stuff is so robotic and lifeless, and the combat is DULL - also, crazy difficulty spikes at times where suddenly one enemy is super powerful and kills you in one hit. And you know what, Bethesda, I think I'm probably done with your games for a while.

I think I might also be done with Assassin's Creed 2. They want me to go kill 9 different lieutenants without being seen, and some of them are just too friggin' hard to pull off for me.

I've decided, I really prefer shorter, less open-worldy games.

Edited by user 19 May 2012 00:00:02(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline forkboy  
#17 Posted : 19 May 2012 00:11:11(UTC)
forkboy

I put about 60 hours into Skyrim & have managed to complete 2 major questlines, the College & the Civil War. That was all in 2011 though. I've come back to it finally in the past fortnight, clocked up 5 more hours & I gotta admit, I'm loving it all again. I love this huge world where I can just

Also, what mission is that in AssCree2? Because I finished that game relatively quickly. It was pretty straight forward to me. Are you in Venice or Florence? Or in between?
Offline Gildermershina  
#18 Posted : 19 May 2012 00:14:33(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

I put about 60 hours into Skyrim & have managed to complete 2 major questlines, the College & the Civil War. That was all in 2011 though. I've come back to it finally in the past fortnight, clocked up 5 more hours & I gotta admit, I'm loving it all again. I love this huge world where I can just

Also, what mission is that in AssCree2? Because I finished that game relatively quickly. It was pretty straight forward to me. Are you in Venice or Florence? Or in between?

I think I'm back in Florence, seems like it's pretty near the end. The game wants me to go assassinate 9 dudes without being spotted. I got one, tried two others, messed them both up enough times for reasons I didn't think were really my fault, and became frustrated enough that I'm pretty much willing to give up the whole damn thing, watch the ending on youtube and call it done.
Offline Gildermershina  
#19 Posted : 19 May 2012 00:18:58(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Gildermershina Go to Quoted Post

I think I'm back in Florence, seems like it's pretty near the end. The game wants me to go assassinate 9 dudes without being spotted. I got one, tried two others, messed them both up enough times for reasons I didn't think were really my fault, and became frustrated enough that I'm pretty much willing to give up the whole damn thing, watch the ending on youtube and call it done.

Oh fuck, apparently that's the Bonfire of the Vanities DLC? If there's anyway I can skip it, I am fucking skipping it. In fact, if there's anyway I can skip every single thing in the game I haven't done yet and just get to the god damn ending, I'll do it, because I'm pretty much done with Assassin's Creed for a while. Burnt out.

Edited by user 19 May 2012 00:19:46(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline forkboy  
#20 Posted : 19 May 2012 00:43:37(UTC)
forkboy

I can't imagine the DLC is compulsory? I dunno, not played any of it.