logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Aj  
#1 Posted : 13 May 2012 21:46:46(UTC)
Aj

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Been trying to find these two games for ages but I can't remember what they were called :( either for PS1 or PS2, they might have sequels on PS3 but there are quite a few old people on here so they should remember.

First one was a racing game set in futuristic setting and these kind of pod racer things? Not really like star wars but same kind of idea floated off the ground etc. I can remember a really cool track where it went almost vertically up and these 'cars(pod racers)' would float a little bit off the ground and go really really fast. Can't remember what it's called though :'(

Second one was a car-combat game where you just drove round shooting each other and stuff and this will be quite hard to describe but I remember one map being in an airplane graveyard kind of place lots of hangars around and things like that. Also another map where there was a bridge and you could blow it up. May possibly have been the same map though can't remember.

Anyone who answers will get thanks on everyone of their next 10 posts !! lol seriously pls help though this is killing me.
Offline asdf  
#2 Posted : 13 May 2012 21:50:57(UTC)
asdf

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Aj Go to Quoted Post
Been trying to find these two games for ages but I can't remember what they were called :( either for PS1 or PS2, they might have sequels on PS3 but there are quite a few old people on here so they should remember.

First one was a racing game set in futuristic setting and these kind of pod racer things? Not really like star wars but same kind of idea floated off the ground etc. I can remember a really cool track where it went almost vertically up and these 'cars(pod racers)' would float a little bit off the ground and go really really fast. Can't remember what it's called though :'(

Second one was a car-combat game where you just drove round shooting each other and stuff and this will be quite hard to describe but I remember one map being in an airplane graveyard kind of place lots of hangars around and things like that. Also another map where there was a bridge and you could blow it up. May possibly have been the same map though can't remember.

Anyone who answers will get thanks on everyone of their next 10 posts !! lol seriously pls help though this is killing me.

The second one sounds like it's definitely Twisted Metal: Black. There is a new one out recently.

The first one I might know as well, but I'll have to go raid my video games first to make sure. I'll let you know if no-one else gets it first.
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline DistortedAudio  
#3 Posted : 13 May 2012 22:52:51(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
The first could be Jet Moto or Wipeout. Probably Wipeout.
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline Aj  
#4 Posted : 13 May 2012 22:53:58(UTC)
Aj

Man

Originally Posted by: asdf Go to Quoted Post

The second one sounds like it's definitely Twisted Metal: Black. There is a new one out recently.

The first one I might know as well, but I'll have to go raid my video games first to make sure. I'll let you know if no-one else gets it first.

I've been looking at Twisted Metal and I really don't think it is :/ it's so frustrating because I know exactly what the map looks like in my head ahha. I don't think it was like a classic game that everyone played might have been a little obscure. The map with the bridge was definitely different actually because it was always day time and really hot like set in a desert. Think it was a ghost town? Not sure.
Offline Gildermershina  
#5 Posted : 14 May 2012 06:24:46(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Yeah, Twisted Metal and Wipeout. That's almost certainly them.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline Rincewind  
#6 Posted : 14 May 2012 09:04:53(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
wipeout for deffo

vigilante 8 or rogue trip? im going with Rogue trip
UserPostedImage
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline Rincewind  
#7 Posted : 14 May 2012 09:10:36(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

i would add though if it is Vigilante 8 its out on xbox arcade
and im just like:
Offline asdf  
#8 Posted : 14 May 2012 11:39:40(UTC)
asdf

Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
There was a game called Power Drome that could be the first one too.
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#9 Posted : 14 May 2012 14:03:21(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Originally Posted by: asdf Go to Quoted Post

Twisted Metal use to be my favorite game on PS1, I always loved the Ice Cream truck. One of the very few games I was really hooked on.
Offline Aj  
#10 Posted : 14 May 2012 16:27:42(UTC)
Aj

Man

Originally Posted by: DistortedAudio Go to Quoted Post

Wipeout!! YESSS!! Thank the lord, thank you so much. I know others said it too though so cheers ;) And everyone seems pretty sure of this Twisted Metal?? I'll have to watch a few more videos of it.
Offline forkboy  
#11 Posted : 14 May 2012 20:27:56(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
There's a new Wipeout on the PS Vita. Looks janky as hell. Serious frame rate issues.

Wipeout was one of the games that came with my PS1 (was second hand). Another was Destruction Derby. Shit was awesome fun.
Offline genocidal king  
#12 Posted : 14 May 2012 20:37:48(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Wipeout was properly top class. One of the first games I played on the original PS I think.

I also recently downloaded the original Destruction Derby from the PS Store. Still a top game, but the graphics on a 32-inch HD TV are hilarious.
UserPostedImage
Offline forkboy  
#13 Posted : 14 May 2012 20:41:17(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
I recently saw some Final Fantasy 7 FMV & in-game video. Holy fuck. Once upon a time that game looked impressive? Hahaha. I mean it's comical how far graphics have come.

Mind you, I play Mount & Blade. Which is 2 or 3 year old game that looks about 10 years old. Awesome.
Offline Rincewind  
#14 Posted : 15 May 2012 08:38:21(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Originally Posted by: DistortedAudio Go to Quoted Post

Wipeout!! YESSS!! Thank the lord, thank you so much. I know others said it too though so cheers ;) And everyone seems pretty sure of this Twisted Metal?? I'll have to watch a few more videos of it.

WTF? as i said earlier vigilante 8 or rogue trip are both possible as well...

i give in
and im just like: