logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline genocidal king  
#1 Posted : 23 May 2012 23:39:05(UTC)
genocidal king

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
OOC: Nice. I like it. Might have a think to see if I have a character that might fit as blogging RP is my favourite :P
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Mckenzie- on 24/05/2012(UTC), BrownSugar on 24/05/2012(UTC)
User is suspended until 28/07/4752 18:55:55(UTC) Walton  
#2 Posted : 26 May 2012 21:27:41(UTC)
Walton

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1998 time(s) in 1105 post(s)
Serenity Scott: Is this all a dream? First Culture Uncut, then Lighting Bolt, and now Picture Perfect? Thanks a lot you guys! This means everything to me and I'm so excited to hear all the feed back I've been getting! If I had not left 8 Mile Rock, I wouldn't have been heading anywhere really. So thanks guys, I'm truly honoured to have been mentioned here and I'm happy to be signed to one of the best labels there is. Also, I'd like to congratulate Anna on her signing with E-Records!

Edited by user 26 May 2012 21:28:36(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Walton for this useful post.
Mckenzie- on 26/05/2012(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#3 Posted : 26 May 2012 21:28:09(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
OOC: This is very funny and cool to read! You're doing a great job.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
Mckenzie- on 26/05/2012(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#4 Posted : 26 May 2012 23:21:38(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Stephanie Fierce: I gotta totally agree with you guys, Cassie Bitch totally fucking slayed me. I'm in tears right now and everything. It must suck so bad to be me :(
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
Mckenzie- on 27/05/2012(UTC)
Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#5 Posted : 27 May 2012 06:42:36(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

Was thanked: 1323 time(s) in 638 post(s)
ooc: I love this !
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked TishaJackson!!!! for this useful post.
Mckenzie- on 27/05/2012(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#6 Posted : 29 May 2012 20:29:41(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Scott RH: Shit a horse...looks like someone follows me really really closely on Twitter! Haha great stuff. Expect to hear a lot more from me over the coming weeks anyway, I expect to see it all printed ;)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Mckenzie- on 29/05/2012(UTC)
Offline DistortedAudio  
#7 Posted : 11 August 2012 04:28:29(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
(Casey is currently signed to Chaos Records)

Smoky white fluorescent light pours into the room. Honestly she seems a little bothered by the presence of my cigarette, so after a surrenderous puff I put it out. The cafe we’re in gives the seminal Georgia feel. I had flown in for the interview.

Casey Johnson sat across from me, a cup of something I wasn’t sure of in front of her. The eternal glistening smile on her face still present, ever confusing. I digressed, made the first move, and began my questions.

---

Q: Now that the show has wrapped and you've gotten the runner-up prize as well as signed to the label of former mentor Scott R.H. How was it working with him?

A: It was a pleasure! He's so sweet and nice to me and he really explains things when we work together. I think I did good pickin him to be my mentor because he's a real artist to me and I wanna learn from the best!

Q: Coming off that last question, what's it like to be on the same label as Brandon Caulfield and Weekend?

A: I mean, I think it's a honor to be signed on a big label like Chaos Records in the first place. I thought maybe no one would even sign me since I didn't win but I'm thankful I was. I hope to one day make an impact with my music and become one of the greats.

Q: Do you see yourself working with any of those acts?

A: I don't know, I have more of a Country sound, so I know Brandon would probably fit in just great, but most of the other artists are like Metal or other genres, it might not mesh well but I'm always willing to give it a try!

Q: Moreso onto the politics behind the show, did you really bond with any of the acts that you were competing with?

A: I think I really bonded with my team very well. Those boys were somethin' fierce! They always kept me laughin' and they motivated me to do my best. I talked to a few others like Christina and ELMNT but most kept to themselves.

---
WATCH CASEY’S FINALE PERFORMANCE

Q: Other than yourself, who do you see tapped for success now that the show has ended?

A: I think Christina because she has a great voice and she can play that piano! I also think my boys The Devil You Know because they have a different sound and they are friendly so I think they'll make it far in the business, at least I hope so.

Q: Was there anyone you didn't mesh with well during the tapings? A mentor perhaps or another contestant?

A: Not really, I mean like I said mostly everyone kept to themselves and the only mentors that I talked to that much were Scott and Hayden. They were nice so nope, I didn't clash with anyone.

Q: What are you listening to lately?

A: I mostly listen to Country, Pop, some Rock, and some R&B.

Q: Finally, do you have any words to Aubrey?

A: I wish her good luck and everything but I wanna let her know that even though I came in second place, I'll still fight even harder to to make a name for myself like she is. (Smiles)

Edited by user 11 August 2012 04:29:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
thanks 4 users thanked DistortedAudio for this useful post.
Laurelles1 on 11/08/2012(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 11/08/2012(UTC), Mckenzie- on 11/08/2012(UTC), C4AJoh on 12/08/2012(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#8 Posted : 27 August 2012 08:12:36(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Jade: I'm glad that you're doing good and that you haven't lost your personality, even though it can be a handful sometimes. I hope that we can just put everything in the past and be friends but if not, that's cool too.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline Mckenzie-  
#9 Posted : 27 August 2012 08:30:26(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Jade: I'm glad that you're doing good and that you haven't lost your personality, even though it can be a handful sometimes. I hope that we can just put everything in the past and be friends but if not, that's cool too.

Alex: Without my personality, id just be another slacker who hates life. But sure, im willing to do that. I'm certainly alot more mature now.. at times. I'd love us to be friends.
retired x
Offline DistortedAudio  
#10 Posted : 28 August 2012 09:55:40(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Peter Hampshire: Feels kinda weird to see a media personality open up, but it's kinda nice.
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline Mckenzie-  
#11 Posted : 29 August 2012 00:45:45(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Originally Posted by: DistortedAudio Go to Quoted Post
Peter Hampshire: Feels kinda weird to see a media personality open up, but it's kinda nice.

Alex: Oh yeah, for sure. It was incredibly strange and awkward at the start. I've always said I won't hold back though, ill speak my mind.
retired x
Offline DistortedAudio  
#12 Posted : 05 September 2012 10:26:40(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

You have won Star-Factory and released a charting single with 'Partner in Crime', what are your current plans for the industry?
My current plans are to get my debut album out and be the savior of R&B and soul. Somewhere within the time it takes to accomplish those feints, I also look to tour. It's been quite sometime since I've gotten on stage on a day to day basis but I've been working hard in the studio. As far as Partner In Crime, that's not even half of what I have in store. That was definitely for the mainstream markets and the song became a huge success, which I was quite surprised with, but it's definitely a plus. But for people who think the album will only be full of watered down pop infused R&B tracks, they're wrong.

Rewind a few months back, and you've just won the Star-Factory crown, what was the feeling at that moment?
Well, I knew I was going to win when I saw who I was up against. I offered the most drive out of all the other participants and I took the competition very seriously. A lot of the other acts were there to make friends others were just door for the hell of it. I came in there with one thought in my mind, and that was to win. So when I won, I wasn't too surprised, but it was a very good moment for me...to show all the people crossing their stupid fingers in the back for me to lose, so when I won..I was like "Hah! What you gotta say now?" but I of course, thanked the people who was edging for me to win and all the people who had supported me. So the initial feeling was massive empowerment.

To go a bit dark for a moment, you've gotten into numerous arguments over social media with other musicians, what's the reasoning behind that?
Because, if I feel as if I want or need to say something, I'm going to say it. And for the most part people always have something to say to me and you know what? I'm the type of person to say something right back. No matter who it is. If you have something rude to say, I'm gonna be twice as rude to you when I do say what I have to say. I'm a very outspoken and straightforward person, I say what's on my mind and most of the girls in the industry do not have thick skin. Anything you say to them breaks their tiny little hearts. People who do get along with me know I'm a cool chick, just don't rub me the wrong way.

Perhaps one of your most publicized arguments was the so-called 'Brawl of the Vixens' with Natalya Dobros of Lashes, a few other publications went on to saying that you two have patched things up. Is this true?
Who? Oh her. I'm not going to sit here and dwell on what was a small situation. I don't have respect for these chicks who parade around in their bra and panties but have the NERVE to call themselves musicians. I actually think it's pure stupidity. How are you a musician when you're focusing on you're body parts more than the actual music? That makes you a musician? Many people like to patch that claim up by calling these group of "artists", entertainers... which scares me even more. Watching someone run around flashing their body is entertaining nowadays? Of course. I don't patch things up with people I could care less about.

Out of the entirety of the industry, dead or alive, who is it that you want to work with? Your dream musician.
I really would have liked to worked with Cherise. She was an epic star. Now? I mean, with all due respect to some musicians, there is no one I would "dream" to work with. Anyone I'd LIKE to work with I have already, or will make it happen down the line.

How about in terms of producing talent? Are there any producers that you keep tabs on?
Very few. Only some producers have caught the true essence of what I want my music to sound like.

Final question here, and one of taste. Any artist that you listen to more than any other?
I mean, I like the old time R&B/Soul musicians like Lauryn Hill, Erykah Badu, Marvin Gaye, Aretha Franklin, The Supremes and the list goes on and on. I probably listen to Lauryn the most however. But as far as the present time artist, I mean, I listen to a few depending on my mood but there's really not anyone I listen to on a daily basis.

AMENDED: Aubrey's newest release 'Savior' just dropped from Mikkel's Victorious, her debut release.

Edited by user 06 September 2012 01:17:22(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
thanks 6 users thanked DistortedAudio for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 05/09/2012(UTC), erich hess on 05/09/2012(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 05/09/2012(UTC), Mckenzie- on 06/09/2012(UTC), GirlSpice on 06/09/2012(UTC), ang3licd3vil on 05/10/2012(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#13 Posted : 05 September 2012 22:59:43(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Aubrey: This guy was cool. Thanks for interviewing, Holm.

OOC: "Victorious" will be Aubrey's debut album name :P
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline Mckenzie-  
#14 Posted : 06 September 2012 01:12:20(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Alex: Thank god Holm was given the job of interviewing her. Her sheer arrogance and cockiness is enough to make me hate her. That is also probably the reason no producer has caught your eye, none want to be in a studio with you for any length of time!

OOC: Well done both, very good interview!
retired x
thanks 1 user thanked Mckenzie- for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 06/09/2012(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#15 Posted : 06 September 2012 01:14:00(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Natalya: She has a face like a horse and a body like Danny Devito! LOL! I hate her. Ewwwwww.
UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#16 Posted : 06 September 2012 01:47:37(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Aubrey: Look at yall, hatin :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline DistortedAudio  
#17 Posted : 07 September 2012 13:25:50(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Alright, to start things off, this is another new lineup for BoW, right? What things do you find advantageous of this lineup over past ones?

Scott [RH: guitar, keyboards, vocals]: Mark, you wanna start with this one, man?

Mark [Talley: guitar, bass]: What, for real? You're the only one who has played in every Blood lineup. I think it would probably be best coming from you, dude.

Scott: Alright, alright. Guys, I got this. Chill. Yeah, I mean, it would be easy for me to sit here and say to you that this is the greatest Blood of Wecz lineup of all time, and that every other one we had over the past 15 years was just leading to this, but I wouldn't disrespect these guys or any of the former members that we had by bullshitting like that.

Josh [Meyer: Drums]: Thanks, bro.

Scott: No worries man, I got your back haha. But seriously, that would be like completely disrespectful for me to sit here and claim that this is the lineup I've been waiting for or whatever for the past x number of years. Obviously Mark and I have played together from the past decade, but Joshy here is like the new kid, even though he's the oldest of the three of us.
Like with any lineup change though, there are advantages and disadvantages. On one hand, this is the first time I have walked into a studio as a member of Blood of Wecz and not had Ryan [Lee, ex guitarist] beside me. We were the last of the founding members, and now it's just me on my own. So for that reason, yeah it is weird, but even that cloud has a silver lining, because, it's allowed me to pick up a guitar in Wecz work again for the first time since Mark joined.
I do think that the loss of Ryan is probably the only thing I miss though. I genuinely do. There are numerous plus points to this trio we have here. From the first few weeks we have spent together, I can honestly say this is the most open-minded and creative group that I have worked with. Everyone seems to have these really electric ideas. It genuinely excites me.
On top of that, everything feels a lot more professional. It might just be to do with the fact that we are all a hell of a lot older, or the fact that we are recording in my house, and my wife is never more than like 100 yards from me. There hasn't been a single line of coke snorted, or a bottle of JD necked since we got here. That is very unusual for a Blood of Wecz album. I suppose you could call that focus. We all have a hell of a lot more focus in this iteration of the band.

Mark: And there are a hell of a lot less arguments. If one thing epitomised the Blood of Wecz years it was fist fights and arguments. I think Josh and I are probably the least confrontational people in the world, and as for Scott, well he would scarcely be able to fight his way out of a wet paper bag.

Scott: That is very true. True.

A few other publications have pointed out that trying to even replicate the success of 'Deeply Disturbed' in this market is nothing more than a pipe dream. What sets this new album apart from 'Deeply Disturbed' in terms of sound and lyrical themes?

Scott: Everything. Actually everything. And that isn't even close to being an exaggeration. There is absolutely no metal influence in this new work we are producing at all. For the first time since Price to Pay, we are incorporating keyboards and synth into the sound. But it's to give it a more atmpospheric feel as opposed to making it sound more eerie and ominous, like we used to use the instrument when we were doing death metal.
I've actually had a lot of people tell me that there is no way metal will make it in this day and age like we used to be able to do, and Mind were able to replicate later. But to be honest, I'm not trying to. I fully agree that metal will never hit the mainstream again like it did back in '06 and '07. Those were the best days for the genre.

Josh: Which has its own problems with some guys in the media.

Scott: Well yeah. As soon as we tell people that we have dropped the whole metal thing, they're scrambling to their keyboards to tell the world how we are selling out, going against all that we were for a quick buck. Which is complete nonsense. This change in sound is about making something that sounds true to what we want to be doing now. We are all a lot older than when we began Blood of Wecz, and I think metal has run its course in terms of exciting us personally. That is nothing against the genre, or anyone still doing it, but for us as a band, we sat down and looked at it all and said, "Nah, this isn't for us anymore."

Mark: Will I answer the question? Haha. Sorry guys, we were heading off on so many tangents there. In terms of how it's different...wow, what can I say? Where to start? The lyrical content is less death and destruction and more life and victory. It's more sort of uplifting and triumphant in terms of theme and lyrics. When it comes to the music itself, well it's just a lot more mellow. It's still rock, don't be mistaken, but it's more experimental, and it's quite "epic", if that word makes sense. We tried to make a massive sound that people listen to and just think "Wow...this is huge." I think we are achieving it so far.

To segue into something that a lot of people are still clamouring about, Scott after the controversial business with Arianna Harley, I'm sure you've noticed that Hey Lolita is back to working on material for prominent rival, North Hill Records. Any words on that?

Scott: The sensible side of me would refuse to answer this. But you know, it's a part of my life that happened, it was very much a reality, and ignoring it won't make it go away, so sure, I'll play ball. I don't mind anyway. I just hope the wife doesn't feel too pissed off at me.
I said my piece about Hey Lolita signing with that label when it happened a couple of months back. I mean, I was very much pissed off that it was done on the down low as it was. I accept that there was no way Arianna and I could have worked at the same label again after what we had done, but if there had been some contact on any level from North Hill then I would have been a lot happier. As it happened, they just plucked them away from us.
However, I have made my peace since then with Nadia and Ryan. We are the three oldest heads in this industry, and I think it was important that there wasn't some massive war going on between us. It doesn't help the industry in any sort of constructive way at all if three of the most powerful people, that being record label owners, are trying to get one over on each other constantly, you know?
With regards Hey Lolita; I wish them all the best in their career, and I hope everything goes well for them. I always felt sorry for Jared Nevo, as it seemed like Arianna and I had ruined his chances of having a career that he probably dreamed about for years. So, most of all, I'm glad for the guy that he managed to get another chance to do what he loves.

A few days ago you three held an online press conference where you announced the 'World Tour of New York', anything you can spill about that?

Mark: exciting times. I didn't actually see the conference, as I was busy at the time, so I don't know how many people know the reasoning behind it. But essentially, with Scott and I having families and marriages to deal with these days, there was no way we could commit to heading overseas for month after month, you know? So we decided that we will play the majority of our shows in one venue. I don't know how much I can say at the moment.

Scott: Say what you like, dude. Seriously.

Mark: Haha, thanks. Well, the majority of the gigs will be happening at Madison Square Gardens. It's a venue that has played host to Wecz many many times, and it has always been kind to us. Plus, we both live in New York now, so it makes sense to make sure that we can both go home at the end of the night rather than having to be far from our loved ones.
We will be playing in other venues as well though. We are planning one in South America, something in London, Paris, Germany maybe, and a couple of other little shows in other countries. There is also the very much secret show at the end that I cannot tell you about. Read the rumours if you want though, they're out there, and I think some of them are right.

Scott: 99 per cent of them are right. Almost everyone is saying the same thing. I can't confirm what it is at the moment though. We have been told to keep it a secret until the guys in charge are ready to announce ticket sales and stuff. Can I tell them the support bands?

Josh: Haha, it's basically your band, man.

Scott: Oh yeah! Well, yeah, we have just finalised our support bands today as it goes. How about that huh? You thought you were getting a standard Blood of Wecz interview, and you end up with a Picture Perfect exclusive. Lucky you haha. I think these choices will probably raise a few eyebrows. Well two of them will anyway, the other one is probably the sort of thing that people would expect.
Opening the nights on tour for us will be my little protege Casey Johnson from StarFactory. I really loved working as Casey's mentor on that show. It was brilliant fun, and she is a wonderful talent, and as everyone knows, I signed her up as soon as the show was done. Now I want to give her another break with this tour. I also want to give the fans the chance to see one of the best young singers in the world at the moment live. I think she will be wonderful.
Next up will be Sara Daniels. I don't know a lot about this girl, but I heard a few of her tracks when her agent called me up, and she sounds really exciting. She plays a sort of pop rock that I think could really build up the sort of hype we'll be feeding off as headliners.
And lastly, there will be TopLads. I think most people would probably have expected them to be coming with us, given that they are the brightest prospects in rock at the moment, and we are like the grandfathers. It should be fun. I'll pack my Werther's Originals and my book of tales from the road, and we can see if we can't teach the new blood a thing or two about touring. In all seriousness though, they are a wonderful young band, and I'm excited to get the chance to work with them on tour.

Speaking of spilling, any word on the track-listing or title of your new recorded material?

Josh: We were talking about this earlier actually. I almost spilled some info when we were doing our little random thoughts thing for our own website. As it stands now, we have one piece of paper with a potential album name pinned to the notice board in our studio space.

Mark: With a smiley face drawn next to it.

Josh: With a smiley face drawn next to it, yeah. That was myself. I did that. So, we don't have like a decisive and definitive answer on an album name yet, but we are getting there, because that single piece of paper has survived a cull that saw about 60 other potential album names ripped down and thrown in the trash.

Scott: I love how you guys say "trash".

Josh: What would you call it?

Scott: In Scotland we would say "throw it in the bin." But trash is cool. I'm the odd one out here anyway. Sorry, continue.

Josh: Bin? Well whatever floats your boat man. But as I was saying, yeah, we don't wanna go confirming any album names yet when we have still to like finalise it with ourselves, but it is pretty certain. In terms of the tracks we have, we only have two which are fully completed so far; those are called "This Day/What We Believe" which is like a sort of synth-heavy intro to the album, with like a guest singer/talker on it, and then we have "The Moment", which follows on from it. That one really heralds the start of the album for real, and puts a real stamp on it, as if to say "This is us. This is our sound."

Scott: Can we say who the guest is?

Mark: Do you wanna?

Scott: Actually nah. She might smite me.

Mark: Haha, well yeah, but you take that sort of risk almost every day, man, and you survive. In reality, we could give you a full tracklisting right now if we wanted to really get into it, but the way the process has always worked for us, we could yet end up recording thirty songs and discarding half of those, so we don't wanna go like announcing track titles that then disappear only to be released when Scott goes out in some sort of sex induced flamboyant death in about 20 years. I'm just joking, man, you know I love you.

Scott: Hey, Mark, what would you say is your favourite thing about me? I know there are a lot to choose from.

Mark: I would say probably the fact that you are so totally modest and never talk yourself up ever.

Scott: Haha. Yeah, well that is definitely one of my defining factors man. I'm a regular shrinking violet. But I meant, aesthetically. Do you prefer my face or my penis.

Mark: Your penis. Without doubt. It is a fine specimen, and I lie in my bed every night feeling jealous of Gia and the servicing that she receives from that glorious implement.

Scott: I know, right?

This one's to Scott, you've had a few other side-projects including a supergroup named District 13. Rumor is that the copies of the EP are highly sought after due to the reception of the only publicly released single, yet you haven't released the E.P. in its entirety yet. Are you planning to return to this project?

Scott: Short answer - No. However, I sense you will want more than that from me, so I have also got a long answer.

Mark: Can I just say I'm actually delighted to hear that. I thought we were gonna have a Mark Tremonti/Myles Kennedy situation on our hands over the next few years with him pissing off to any number of side projects and stuff. I'm glad that that won't be the case. It will be really awesome to have this as the main focus for everyone involved.

Scott: Rambling Mark, you emotional big fucker. Anyhow, no, it is not my intention to ever do anything more with District 13. It seemed like a great idea to get involved with that project, but once I got in there, everything was so damn alien, and really really odd. It was like I was doing something just for the sake of it. I make music cos I get to make music with people that I love making music with. It's why I had to ask Mark to come back into this project.
I was happy with the track that we put out as District 13, but it was very odd to be working with people who were basically strangers. Cat Wendel was a great pro, and I'm sure she'll go on to do many wonderful and exceptional things in her career, but her way of working and mine were not compatible. Neither way was wrong in particular. In fact both were equally fine. It's just that my way was far more equally fine than her's, and she couldn't see that.
But yeah, I feel like I am home now that we have got Blood of Wecz back together once again, and I can't ever see myself doing anything with any other band again. This is just too good.

As one of the older bands, how do you feel about the new generation of artists, and the death of metal in terms of mainstream appeal?

Scott: I love many different artists these days. As a label boss I have had a chance to listen to a lot of different kinds of music, and there are so many different styles and stars that I really genuinely enjoy. You probably expect me to say that I love the likes of Misery Loves Company, or the new Jason Smith stuff, which I do, but you would be surprised at a lot of the other artists that make up my playlist these days.
I mean, I quite often find myself sitting tapping my feet away to something by the likes of James Urie or that new girl, Mercedes Payne. I've heard what she can do, and I really like the sound she produces. And as everyone knows, I have my favourite artists as well, who I have always sung the praises of. The likes of Lily, Brandon Caulfield and Alicia Lena are always wonderful, and I'll always have time for them.
In terms of newer artists though, I think I liked the look of what I saw on StarFactory. Aubrey Mikkel is a fantastic singer. She really has talent. And then there were the two that I mentored, Casey and The Devil You Know. The talent in those two is endless, and working with them really showed me that there is a strong future in the world of music.

Mark: I like that singer, Layla.

Scott: I'll bet you do.

Mark: What does that mean?

Scott: Nothing man, nothing. I'm sure you like Pretty Little Freaks too right, Joshy?

Josh: I do, I do. I always said that they have some real talent in what they do, and I think their first album was really good. Really well executed.

Scott: You see, people are always influenced by the pussy they are getting. I jest guys, I jest. Both of those artists are fantastic. I signed PLF after all, and Layla is one of my close friends, and a great singer. In terms of metal though, yeah, I think that is dying a death in the mainstream. In the days when we had the likes of The Black Gates, Mind, Blood of Wecz and Black Gold Reign, that market was fantastic, and metal had a real focal point of really strong bands and a big fanbase. I think now that there are fewer metal bands, the fans have gone back underground. It will take a lot to pull them back out of that mire and into the mainstream again. I mean, even I don't listen to metal anymore, and we were one of the biggest players in that game. I think music is totally dynamic though, and things change. You either complain and yearn for days gone by, or you accept it and move with it. In my eyes, I see nothing to be gained in doing the former. Don't look back in anger. Ever.

Josh: Isn't that an Oasis song?

Scott: Hence why I added the Ever. It makes it feel more like my own. Hey if Liam can steal Oasis songs, then I'm sure I can too. I wrote as many of them as he did haha.

Final question here, and it's to Josh. How does it feel to be the newest member, especially coming from the background that you have as an acoustic musician?

Scott: Privileged I'd have thought...

Mark: Geez man. Let the guy answer.

Scott: Sorry. Joshua, you wanna get this one man?

Josh: Haha thanks. He is partly right, though, I do feel totally privileged to be a part of something so massively popular and successful. This band was huge, and I am essentially a no one in the industry. My one album essentially flopped, and since then I have done very little apart from production work. Which strangely is how I got this job. I was working with Katie Coyle on her song House of Cards, and as well as production work, I played the drums through the track. After we finished she said to me: "I know someone who is looking for a drummer if you want." I agreed to give it a go after she did a bit of pushing and stuff, but then when I found out it was Blood of Wecz, I was a bit apprehensive.

Scott: A deer caught in the headlights.

Mark: Floodlights.

Scott: Searchlights.

Josh: Yeah, one of those haha. I found out it was a metal band, and obviously I was well aware of Scott and all the work that he had done, so I was totally apprehensive when it came to the interview, and I almost told them that I didn't want to go for it because it wouldn't suit me. But we sat down and they talked me through their plans for a change in sound and style, and I decided to give it a go. I'm definitely glad that I did, though. It's been a wonderful experience all round for me. Everything from not needing to produce anything, because Scott is doing all of the production, to the fact that I get the chance to bounce ideas off two of the biggest musicians in history. It has all been truly fantastic.
I'm looking forward to what the future holds. I can honestly say I've never been so excited about a musical project in my life before.

Blood of Wecz are currently recording their untitled-as-of-this-posting album.
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
thanks 7 users thanked DistortedAudio for this useful post.
Walton on 07/09/2012(UTC), genocidal king on 07/09/2012(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 07/09/2012(UTC), Mckenzie- on 07/09/2012(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 07/09/2012(UTC), erich hess on 07/09/2012(UTC), BrownSugar on 08/09/2012(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#18 Posted : 07 September 2012 22:21:27(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

OOC: Cheers for the questions DA. It was great fun writing the interview.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
DistortedAudio on 07/09/2012(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#19 Posted : 07 September 2012 22:23:07(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
OOC: Really great interview :) Awesome read!
thanks 2 users thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
genocidal king on 07/09/2012(UTC), DistortedAudio on 07/09/2012(UTC)
Offline DistortedAudio  
#20 Posted : 07 September 2012 22:45:01(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Cheers for the questions DA. It was great fun writing the interview.

OOC: Always have a pleasure in writing the questions up, thanks for taking part.
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY