logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline genocidal king  
#21 Posted : 24 June 2012 04:45:58(UTC)
genocidal king

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Stacey Walton - The Subway - Live at the Chaos Awards VI

When the stage lights come on at the Chaos Awards, they show the figure of Stacey Walton standing alone in the centre of the arena. She smiles a little and takes a hand off her guitar to brush her hair behind her ears. "This is my first live show in well over a year," she says. "And look at it. Totally massive. Be nice," she chuckles and nods to the guitarist and drummer sitting behind her. When the four notes play, Stacey starts to strum her guitar slowly, beginning the track "The Subway," her recent top 5 hit which heralded her return to the music industry.
The reception she receives from those in attendance is warm, although the notion that there may be many in here who have yet to become totally au fait with the pop-rock songstress is quite strong. She smiles through her words nonetheless, her quiet electric guitar allowing her full and slightly rasping voice to show its true potential in an ever-so slightly hushed arena.

Sitting by the platform watching as the world passes by
It's hard to make sense of this pulsating blur but I try
Why you gotta rush
Everything is hushed
No one would even take my hand if I should cry
You stand alone in crowds
Take a solo bow
But I won't turn to you when I dry my eye

And in a city of five million people
Why do I, why do I feel so alone
Won't look into my eyes because no one is equal
Even if we're all just trying to get home
There's not a sun in the sky
No there's no shoulder to cry
But in this busy maze of loneliness
It's where I learned to fly

UserPostedImage

As Stacey finishes the opening chorus of the song, the lights dim slightly, and she is illuminated more than those who stand behind her on the stage in her band. She turns to flash them all a smile as she continues to play. One of the most attractive prospects of this girl is being showcased right here and now. She is 100% about the music. As she stands there, swaying side to side ever so slightly, playing her guitar and quietly working her way through the song, there is no flashiness, no big lights and fireworks, and no drama. She simply moves effortlessly throughout the poppy track, giving it just the right amount of energy. The stage lights flick from white to red over and over, illuminating the beauty of the 21-year old as she strums and croons her way through her most recent big hit.

I watched you all walk past the perfect reflection
Only mirrored in purity by the sense of rejection
When you gonna speak
Are we all so weak
Would you all step to the side when I needed protection
It's an eerie peace
But there's no release
From the way I wanna jump up so high to air my objection

And in a city of five million people
Why do I, why do I feel so alone
Won't look into my eyes because no one is equal
Even if we're all just trying to get home
There's not a sun in the sky
No there's no shoulder to cry
But in this busy maze of loneliness
It's where I learned to fly

Throughout the second chorus of the song, Stacy picks the pace of the song up. Lifting the microphone from its stand, she marches to the front of the stage, leaving her guitar hanging precariously from her neck and kneeling down as if to sing to those who are sat in the front row of the arena. She throws a few smiles out; something which may not have been so evident last time she was around, such is the difference in her attitude, confidence and style since her recent return to the big time.
Near the end of the chorus, she stands up from her kneeling position and walks back to the microphone, asking the crowd to clap their hands in time for her as she stands with both of her hands high above her head. She then sings the bridge of the song without any musical backing, smiling throughout the whole ting as she listens to the rumbling applause of 20,000 people acting as her backing band.

Does anyone else know where they're headed to
In my head in my life I'm going somewhere so new
You're giving me a shove
A call from up above
And I'll be taking this chance to stand so true
You won't even worry
No one's ever sorry
Take a stance and don't turn away when I smile at you

And deep down here where the sun won't shine
In this man-made maze I just feel fine
I can be alone in a crowd of so many
I wouldn't even sell you my thoughts if you gave me a penny
I feel fine, I feel fine,
Walking down this road, everything is mine
You won't take my hand cos we're all so secluded
When did we start to feel like the other intruded

UserPostedImage

When the track reaches its conclusion, Stacey plays a few more quick chords on her guitar, before turning her back and facing her band as they all have a quick jam. She nods her head as they play out the rock-inspired piece, before it hits a crescendo and the lights flash bright red. She walks back to the front of the stage and smiles, grabbing her microphone.
"Thank you guys, you were wonderful."
She waves humbly, blowing kisses into the crowd, and then leaves the stage.

UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 24/06/2012(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 24/06/2012(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 24/06/2012(UTC), PANIC! on 24/06/2012(UTC)
Offline Laurelles1  
#22 Posted : 24 June 2012 04:47:09(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
Jason: Ah, Stacey Walton. I helped produced one of her albums. She's brilliant.

He turns and sees Gia

Jason: Oh, hey there!
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#23 Posted : 24 June 2012 04:47:33(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Brittany Knox gets on her feet for this one, remembering years ago when both her and Stacey were releasing their debuts at around the same time. She claps for her
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline Princess_Valentine  
#24 Posted : 24 June 2012 04:47:43(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Nevaeh smiles. "Oh okay." Hearing Issac's name, she stands, clapping for him.

Harmony looks over at Taylor, confused. "What boy?"

Dominic looks on at the show. "Just doin my thing like always. Yo who u here wit?"

Cassie sees Mandy and waves her over. "Mandy! Come sit over here with us."
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

Offline Famouss7x7  
#25 Posted : 24 June 2012 04:49:29(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Shantel Stiletto spots Dominic Brown, she waves at him
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline mebeme101  
#26 Posted : 24 June 2012 04:51:32(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Taylor rolls her eyes and sighs "The one you're dating duh"

Mandy smiles then walks over to Cassie and sits down next to her "Hey long time no see".
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#27 Posted : 24 June 2012 04:53:33(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Bianca claps for Stacey after her performance. "I like that chick, yay Stacey!" She smiles.

Gia smiles while making her way to him. She looks like she's glowing and her huge belly was perfectly noticeable. "Hey Jason." She sees Maddie and clears her throat, remembering that fight on the tour bus. "Maddie. Nice to see you. You look well."

Kato nods. "Me, myself, and I. I had to fly solo, you know."

Lily sitting in the middle of the theater, claps for Stacey after her performance and then asks Jay to get her a drink.

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline GirlSpice  
#28 Posted : 24 June 2012 04:55:22(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Nadia and Katie applaud Stacey Walton for her performance, walking back over to the microphone. Katie gives Nadia a playful spank on her bottom as she walks, Nadia jumps a little in surprise, then looks behind at her with a surprised face. "None of you saw that," she says in a playfully stern tone once she reaches the microphone. Katie wears a mischievous grin, "I hope someone turns that into one of those YouTube remix videos where it's just me spanking Nadia five hundred times over a techno beat!"

Nadia simply shakes her head, trying to hide a smile that tries to break through, "Aww, this is a lonely category! Only three nominees! But here they are anyway for Best Rock/Metal Act..."

James Urie
Ryan Ross Hernandez
Lily

Nadia and Katie playfully pass the envelope around, Katie laughs at her, "Take it, Nads! Take it!" Nadia pulls a funny face at her, before Katie opens her mouth again, "I'll be telling you that once we get backstage as well." She laughs devilishly, and Nadia gasps at her. "Excuse my friend, Cassie really needs to sort her out later. And the winner is..."

After Nadia jumps around excitedly at the announcement of the winner, she takes a deep breath and stands back in place. "And now, let's head backstage, where Eilidh Greene has a very special guest waiting!"
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 4 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 24/06/2012(UTC), genocidal king on 24/06/2012(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 24/06/2012(UTC), PANIC! on 24/06/2012(UTC)
Offline Laurelles1  
#29 Posted : 24 June 2012 04:55:34(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Jason: Congratulations on the pregnancy thing. You keeping well?

Maddie stands up and greets Gia, slightly uncomfortably, almost apologetically.

Maddie: Bonsoir madame.
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline genocidal king  
#30 Posted : 24 June 2012 04:57:53(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Hi Jason Smith! Everyone says that I should say hello because you been away for a long time! Is it good to come back again?
Yeah, yeah, it's great... I mean, seeing some old friends and people that I've wanted to meet for a long while. It's great to be back, heh. And the Chaos awards are always fantastic fun to be at. It should be a right laugh.

What people are you looking forward to seeing the most?
Well, you've got Scott and stuff who I'll probably be sitting with and who is still one of my best mates, so him... just in general, I'm very excited.

Is there anyone you don't want to talk to here?
I wouldn't say that there's anyone I wouldn't want to talk to... there are people who I should probably try and avoid otherwise I'll end up either being the receiving end of assumptions or it'll be extremely awkward. I won't name any people in particular.

Why did you run away? Did your mom get angry with you? My mom gets angry with me, and so I had to run away to England.
I ran away because I'm a nutjob, basically. I saw the ghost of my dead brother and chased it into a forest where I lived rough for a few months. Just your normal, everyday stuff. One day I'll be able to explain it fully, I promise.

A ghostie? OMG if I saw a ghostie I would just die straight away. I'm scared now!
No, no, don't be, it's just that I'm mental. As far as I'm aware, ghosts don't actually exist... or do they? I guess I'll never find out for real.

Is everything better now? Everyone wants to know if you are going to be staying around this time.
Everything seems better, yeah... I'm back on me meds, I'm off all of the narcotics and stuff, I feel... invigorated and free. I will certainly be staying around, I've, like, got a kid now... it'd be unfair to abandon them again. Unfair on Lucas and Katie.

Why? Is Katie your friend. What does Lucas got to do with you running away?
Ummmm... well... on Big Brother, me and Katie, uh... Lucas is my son, basically, that's all you need to know. But yeah, me and Katie are still cool, somehow. I know that I wouldn't be if I was in her position.

Will you be doing some new songs and stuff?
You betcha. I have literally hundreds of new songs ready to be recorded, although most of them will probably be left on a scrapheap... at the moment, I'm recording some folktronica stuff for an album that should be released towards the latter end of the year. It's really emotional, stream-of-consciousness music. Although most of it is written about my mental problems and about the passing of my best friend, I want it to be as accessible to everyone as possible. I have some Mind songs as well, but that's going to be EXTREMELY different from the usual Mind music. Unbelievably different.

I heard some songs from your band before this show, and it made my ears go owww. Why do you do it so loud? Does it not make your ears sore too?
Haha... yeah, it does. It's not for anyone, so to say. I don't know how the hell we became so big when we were making woe-is-me angsty death metal that automatically gives everyone within 5 metres of it tinnitus. Not complaining though. It did make me ears sore a bit though, yeah. In fact, it's probably what caused me to become so fucking crazy.

UserPostedImage

Didn't you used to have big hair? That was funny! How come you lost it? You looked like a big koala and I thought it was nice!
Heh... yeah, it was nice. It sorta got in the way though, if you know what I mean. Plus, it always got caught in things. For example, I was hoovering up once and I leaned over and... use your imagination. I think I enjoy having shorter hair more.

You got married to that angry girl didn't you?
Yes, Cassie. Yes, I did.

But she didn't run away...so how come you still stayed married?
Sigh... it's a very, very long story, although, I would like to put this out there, nothing was her fault. I don't wanna be a dick, but I'd prefer not to discuss my marriage right now. Sorry.

Are you still gonna be married with her?
Ummmmm... I'm not really... I don't really think that's likely.

Didn't you come here with that funny France girl tonight? I know her from Big Brother and she is funny! Can I go talk to her later?
Of course you can! Be careful though, Maddie can be a little... eccentric, at times. But she's brilliant, one of the funniest, friendliest, happiest people you could ever hope to meet. She can be a bit scary at times, when she's angry or horny, but otherwise, she's just someone that you always wanna be around.

Will you be winning any of the prizes tonight? I asked and they said there was no book tokens for the winners. When I won awards in school there was always book tokens for the winners.
Nah, I'm not nominated for anything. Usually I'd be pissed off, but I didn't put myself forward for anything, so that's alright... ummmm... I'm pretty sure there's no book tokens. I could, like, check that for you, but I wouldn't get your hopes up... you get a nice trophy though, so that's pretty cool.

Oh ok. What are you doing after the show?
Ummm, I, uh, think that, uh, ummmm... I just don't think I'm quite ready to sorta, like, put myself out there yet... heh... if you don't mind, I'll just...

Oh nooooo I didn't mean like that. I meant like are you going to go to the movies or to see if you can go bowling or something?
OOOOOOH... oh right... thank god... uhhhh, I don't really know yet. We'll see. I'll probably just meander about and see what mischief I can get into to cause public outrage such as usual, hehe.

Ok. Do you have anything else you wanna say to the people on the TV and stuff?
I love you all. Bye bye. See you soon.
UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 24/06/2012(UTC), Laurelles1 on 24/06/2012(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 24/06/2012(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 24/06/2012(UTC)
Offline Laurelles1  
#31 Posted : 24 June 2012 05:00:11(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Jason acts a little surprised to see his interview played on the screen, but sorta smiles and waves around as Maddie laughs at his awkwardness.
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#32 Posted : 24 June 2012 05:00:19(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
"I feel u man. Nuthin wit dat." Dominic looks over to see Shantel waving at him. He smiles and motions a what up nod.

Cassie smiles. "I know right. So good to see you too. Are you having fun so far?"

Harmony giggles. "Ohhhh you mean Jacob! He couldn't be here tonight cause he's on tour with Giselle."

DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#33 Posted : 24 June 2012 05:03:50(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Gia smiles after watching it then turns back to them. "Yeah, everything's great, only a few months to go." She looks at Maddie. "Wanna start over? We didn't exactly start on the best of terms." She laughs a little.

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline mebeme101  
#34 Posted : 24 June 2012 05:04:06(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Mandy looks around the room then back at Cassie and smiles "Yeah I sure am how about you?"

Taylor rolls her eyes "Why'd the jerk decide to tour after you got off that's stupid"
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
Offline genocidal king  
#35 Posted : 24 June 2012 05:04:16(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

As the camera cuts back, Katie takes a little swig from her champagne glass before placing it back down. "Eilidh Greene everyone!" she says, clapping her hands together. "She's such a cutie, and she always makes me laugh. Great to see Jason Smith back in the game as well. We all better look out for the Chaos Awards VII I think!"
She picks up a pile of cue cards from on the table in front of her and knocks them against the lectern to straighten them. "Now! Do we all want another award? This one is one of the hottest contested awards out there. It's the award for Best Pop Act, and there are so many beautiful girls who I see out there who deserve to win it…and some boys too!"
She blushes again and smiles coyly. "I looked at the list and saw so many people out there who deserve to be awarded it. But only one can win! And the nominees for the award of Best Pop Act are:"

Stephanie Fierce
Nadia Berry
Weekend
Electrodeath
Isabel

Katie stands still for a minute as if to tease everyone before a wry smile creeps over her face. "You want to know the winner. Don't you. I think Weekend want to know, they all look so excited!" She opens the card. "And the winner of the award for best pop act is…Oh my god oh my god oh my god yay! It's…"

UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 24/06/2012(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 24/06/2012(UTC)
Offline Laurelles1  
#36 Posted : 24 June 2012 05:06:15(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Maddie chuckles.

Maddie: I really would, yeah... sorry about... the incident. I was wasted off of my mind.

Jason: Nice one! How's Scott?
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline genocidal king  
#37 Posted : 24 June 2012 05:06:22(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Scott comes out into the arena and sits down beside Gia. He kisses her.

"Hey babe."
UserPostedImage
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#38 Posted : 24 June 2012 05:11:49(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

"I know. I was just...pissed off and took it out on you, sorry." She smiles and looks at Jason. "He's fine, very excited and stuff. He's around here somewhere..." She feels Scott kiss her cheek and smiles. "Hey babe, I was just telling Jason and Maddie here about you."
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline genocidal king  
#39 Posted : 24 June 2012 05:13:52(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Attention please, attention please. Would all guests please find out where the nearest fire exit it. This is merely a precaution, as it is about to get hot in here. Please welcome...Weekend!
UserPostedImage
Offline Laurelles1  
#40 Posted : 24 June 2012 05:14:00(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Jason: Scott, man.

Jason goes up to him and hugs him.

Jason: Great to see ya.

Maddie also greets him.