logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline FiveT  
#1 Posted : 11 November 2012 09:51:50(UTC)
FiveT

Groups: Registered
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
UserPostedImage
TEEN TITANS
WHERE IS THE LOVE

RELEASE DATE: December 9th, 2012
GENRE: Dance Pop, Ballad, Synth Pop
LABEL: Titanic Records
WRITER(S): Martina Downtown, Den Walnut, Tanya Stephenson, Laurence Vegas, Joey Frankson
PRODUCER(S): Laurence Vegas, Den Walnut

TRACKLIST:
-Where Is The Love
-This Sunday
-Where Is The Love (Instrumental)
-Where Is The Love (Acoustic Mix)
-One Night (Neon Lights Mix)

THE SONG:
INTRO
It begins with a kick, a pad and some synths playing a bitter-sweet kind of melody.

VERSE #1
As soon as the pad begins to play the melody alone, Martina sings the first verse in a smooth and slow falsetto.

Hello
I've been waiting for you
For so much time
That I lost my hopes
I am changed
I feel like
I don't want you anymore

PRE-CHORUS
When the verse ends, the beat gets more rhythmic as a percussion joins the instrumentation and Laurence sings the pre-chorus, fitting perfectly with the sort of tribal beat.

But you don't know
Don't know
You just don't know
Don't know
Yeah you don't know
Don't know

CHORUS
As the chorus begins, the percussion leaves the instrumentation with only a Dance drum made of kicks, claps and hats, but the syths and the bass join to create a deep climax behind the high and powerful Tanya's notes and the robotic Den's vocals that do a sort of faster echo to Tanya's ones and also seem to have a bit of a 'phone' effect.

Where is the love
Where is all I need
Where is my soul
Where is the other half of me

Where is the love
Where is all I need
Where is my soul

VERSE #2
With the end of the chorus, the climax fades but leaves the bass and the kick to play along the pad for the second verse, which is sung again by Martina in the same way of the first.

And so
I can't believe it's you
Too perfect to be you
I feel blind
I feel like
I'm in another illusion

PRE-CHORUS
The pre-chorus is repeated in the same way.

But you don't know
Don't know
You just don't know
Don't know
Yeah you don't know
Don't know

CHORUS
The chorus is also repeated in the same way.

Where is the love
Where is all I need
Where is my soul

Where is the love
Where is all I need
Where is my soul

BRIDGE
When the second chorus ends, the bass plays a solo instrumental and after a few measures, Joey sings a sort of rap that fits well rhythmically with the bass.

Where is the love, where is my soul
The answer still I don't know
'Cause I know, I know you are not
What I'm looking for
All I need is more
All I need is love

CHORUS
As soon as Joey's rap finishes, the third chorus of the song is repeated again.

Where is the love
Where is all I need
Where is my soul

Where is the love
Where is all I need
Where is my soul

ENDING
After the last chorus, all the instruments leave the pad playing alone its melody one last time, ending the song.

SOUNDS LIKE:

COMMENTS:
LAURENCE

The song is always been a band's favourite since it was recorded and personally I think it's another perfect 'Titan' song. Each one of us gets to sing a part and we all have the part that we can sing the best. Den wrote the lyrics and produced the first demo for it, which sounded seriously bad to be honest but we decided to work on it and change some parts in the lyrics and add Joey's rap, which he managed to write by himself. Tanya also did a great job with her high notes and we always joke about how much she screams in this song, but then again we kind of always joke about her screams.

MARTINA
I adore 'Where Is The Love'. The way we all sing in it is just pure perfection this time. I usually hear fans saying that a song has this vocal leader and another song has that vocal leader, but I am sure I won't hear anything like that for this song.
Also the lyrics are beautiful and is a bit of an anthem for all the single people, who will hopefully appreciate the song.

TANYA
'Where Is The Love' is really amazing. I scream a little bit too much, but my screams are fine to hear though. The fact that I am single and the song is about singles is what motivated me to scream so well in the studio. I was glad when Den made us hear the demo and I heard that was a song for the single people.

DEN
This is definately one of my favourites from the new album and I made the first whole demo of the song this summer when I was still looking for love because I kind of found it now, but anyway I can tell you that there is a difference between a solo song that pretends to be a Teen Titan song and an actual Teen Titan song - I could never sing a Teen Titan song alone!
We all wanted to release this one as the lead single, but then decided to use this as a single to release during Winter, because the timing would be just perfect, it fits the season quite well.

JOEY
This song kinda got it all, ya know, but of course one of the best parts is the rap, written and sung by yours truly. Everybody was doing something for the song and they wanted me to sing a boring bridge with me repeating Tanya's lines only in a lower tone, but I was like 'What is this shit? Lemme sing a rap!' and yeah, it worked!

REVIEWS:
Digital Spy (4/5)
After 'Bang Bang Bang', the Teen Titans are back and this time they sing about looking for love in 'Where Is The Love', the new single that shows more of their new darker sound made of pads and synths. This time they show the world a new ballad, which still keeps our feet on the dance floor a bit though.

Culture Uncut (3/5)
The Teen Titans' new single 'Where Is The Love' is another song about empowering people and this time the five sing to single people who haven't found their love yet, but how credible can they sound when one of the is married, another one engaged, another dating and the other two that live with rumors of flirts around them?

NME (9/10)
With the new single 'Where Is The Love', the Teen Titans give single people their new anthem and with the powerful Tanya's notes and the catchy Den's ones, the chorus can be sung by everyone and maybe sung together it could finally give love to two singles. Who knows if it's the Teen Titans' actual secret plan to make everyone find love?

Mirror Online (3)
The new Teen Titans' single is called 'Where Is The Love' and as much as the five tried to be innovative with the song, they still used their usual formula of verse-chorus-bridge, which is the only shame about the song.

Edited by user 12 February 2013 08:23:39(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
thanks 5 users thanked FiveT for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 11/11/2012(UTC), Moquel on 11/11/2012(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 11/11/2012(UTC), BrownSugar on 12/11/2012(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 10/12/2012(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2 Posted : 11 November 2012 11:59:53(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Isabel: LOVE this :) I think each of you bring something unique and great to this song which makes it more likeable. This is definitely going on my iPod with the gazillions of other TT songs I have ;)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
FiveT on 12/11/2012(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 12 November 2012 03:29:44(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Brittany: Awwwww Where Is the Love? I like this track and the production values and lyrics, Neon Lights... I know the album will slay. Good luck guys!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
FiveT on 12/11/2012(UTC)
Offline ang3licd3vil  
#4 Posted : 12 November 2012 04:09:10(UTC)
ang3licd3vil

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 959 time(s) in 483 post(s)
Mykaylah: My fave group are back with a future TT classic love it guys xx
My Acts

Tragic R'N'B Diva R.I.P

Original Best Baddest Bitch Around

thanks 1 user thanked ang3licd3vil for this useful post.
FiveT on 12/11/2012(UTC)
Offline Moquel  
#5 Posted : 12 November 2012 04:23:02(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
Bianca: I'm not lesbian but Martina is so fucking hot. Jesus. I really love this song, The arrangement of the song is all together, the lyrics are just form and blend so well together. I enjoyed this song.

Danielle: I think my best friends are all gay.. because Aubrei's gay.. you just told a girl she was a hot. It questions a lot Bianca... good job babies. I think this is the highlight of the upcoming album, in plus, teen titans was that group growing up, I looked up too, besides, GIRL SPICE! BITCHESSS!

Aubrei: Danielle, ask yourself that question, where the hell is the love?

Laci: Right now. *mouth kisses all of them* hehe.

Danielle: Don't you ever touch me again bitch....

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Moquel for this useful post.
FiveT on 12/11/2012(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#6 Posted : 12 November 2012 05:54:10(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Isabel: LOVE this :) I think each of you bring something unique and great to this song which makes it more likeable. This is definitely going on my iPod with the gazillions of other TT songs I have ;)

Den: Thanks Isabel! I hope 'Neon Lights' will go on the iPod too! :D

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
Brittany: Awwwww Where Is the Love? I like this track and the production values and lyrics, Neon Lights... I know the album will slay. Good luck guys!

Laurence: Thanks a lot Brittany. We have worked harder on this new album and it will hopefully show.

Originally Posted by: ang3licd3vil Go to Quoted Post
Mykaylah: My fave group are back with a future TT classic love it guys xx

Joey: Heya Mikky babe! Long time no see! So glad ya like the song, ya should come visit me and Ugenia at home sometime.

Originally Posted by: Moquel Go to Quoted Post
Bianca: I'm not lesbian but Martina is so fucking hot. Jesus. I really love this song, The arrangement of the song is all together, the lyrics are just form and blend so well together. I enjoyed this song.

Danielle: I think my best friends are all gay.. because Aubrei's gay.. you just told a girl she was a hot. It questions a lot Bianca... good job babies. I think this is the highlight of the upcoming album, in plus, teen titans was that group growing up, I looked up too, besides, GIRL SPICE! BITCHESSS!

Aubrei: Danielle, ask yourself that question, where the hell is the love?

Laci: Right now. *mouth kisses all of them* hehe.

Danielle: Don't you ever touch me again bitch....

Martina: Thank you girls, you are so sweet and fun. x

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
thanks 1 user thanked FiveT for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 12/11/2012(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#7 Posted : 27 November 2012 04:48:35(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

UserPostedImage
TEEN TITANS
THIS SUNDAY

GENRE: Ballad, Synth Pop
WRITER(S): Martina Downtown, Den Walnut
PRODUCER(S): Den Walnut

THE SONG:
INTRO
It begins with a guitar riff and a flute with a lot of reverb that plays an indie melody behind the guitar.

VERSE #1
When the flute ends the melody, the bass and the drums begin to play and Martina and Joey sing the first verse slowly but with passion.

Still sitting here in my room
Still watching out of the window
It's raining and I need un umbrella
If I want to get out

But if I meet you, the umbrella I could lose
And I'd still feel safe
And good, with you

VERSE #2
With the second verse, a pad plays the same melody used with the flute at the beginning and Tanya sings with much anger the second verse, which ends with a reverbered echo of Tanya's last word.

If I don't meet you, I'll be lost in the rain
With the sky I will cry tears of pain
And if I get lost, please remember me
Remember that all I wanted to do was
Meeting you this Sunday (Sunday, Sunday, Sunday)

CHORUS
The chorus starts right after the echo and among the instruments that play there are the drums, the bass, the guitar, a light arpeggiator and the pad with the flute that both play the same melody creating an even deeper sound.
The five all sing together creating a good harmony that fits well with the bittersweet mood of the beat. Tanya eventually ends the chorus almost screaming.

I've waited all the week
The patience is now gone
I need to know
Where are you now
So now I need to meet you this Sunday
Hoping that you will be there

VERSE #3
As Tanya screams, some instruments stop playing and after a short instrumental made only of the bass and the guitar, the drums can be heard again and Martina and Laurence sing the new verse.

They say
Wait for the rainbow after the storm
But I don't need to wait anymore
I got my rainbow
My rainbow is you
When you give colors to my life
In black and white

CHORUS
As Laurence sings the last word, the kicks is the only instrument heard behind his voice and then another chorus comes, repeated in the same way as before.

I've waited all the week
The patience is now gone
I need to know
Where are you now

BRIDGE
When Tanya screams, the song goes on an instrumental made of a new melody of the pad and the flute. As it ends with a reversed cymbal, Den sings two lines with a deep tone but still keeping it soft, having only the claps, the guitar and the bass in the background.

If I get you this Sunday
I'll make you mine forever

CHORUS
With the end of the bridge, the beat gets stronger again and the chorus is repeated twice.

I've waited all the week
The patience is now gone
I need to know
Where are you now

I've waited all the week
The patience is now gone
I need to know
Where are you now

ENDING
The song eventually ends with Tanya screaming her line.

SOUNDS LIKE:

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 2 users thanked FiveT for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 27/11/2012(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 10/12/2012(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#8 Posted : 10 December 2012 06:37:19(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

UserPostedImage

The video begins showing a boy and a girl who are holding each others' hands while standing on a beach at night. The two look straight into each others' eyes and as they smile, the intro of the song starts, with the scene that changes to the two being without each other on different planes. As they both look out of the window, the Titans appear flying with them like five angels, each with a different pair of wings: Tanya has the typical white angel wings, Martina owns a pair of pink wings that remind those of a butterfly, Den has some gold and sparkly wings, while Laurence's got some robotic and metallic wings and Joey flies with some black and red demonic wings.
While the five appear to be flying with both planes, Martina sings the first verse and is followed by Laurence, whose pre-chorus begins when the Titans land with the planes.
The two lovers get out of the planes and while being at the same airport, they don't get to meet each other.
With the first chorus, the Titans turn into humans, losing all their wings and follow the two, who in the meantime go in different places but never get to meet.
The video goes on with the two trying to find each other until the end of the second chorus, when the instrumental plays and the girl is shown meeting another man in a bar.
During Joey's rap she kisses the new man and the boy she was searching finally finds her but looks disappointed as it's too late.
In the last chorus, the boy leaves the bar looking unhappy and sits down the street, while the Titans are standing around him.
The song eventually ends with the boy walking away and the girl finding a photo of her and her previous boyfriend out of the bar, where he was sitting.
So the video ends with one last close-up of the five Titans looking at the girl.

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 3 users thanked FiveT for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 10/12/2012(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 10/12/2012(UTC), GirlSpice on 13/12/2012(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#9 Posted : 10 December 2012 07:17:55(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Isabel: I want wings! Where can I get some pink, sparkly ones? :P I love this video so much just like I love this song! So....I'm gonna assume you guys are some kind of guardian angles? If so, I call dibs on Martina!
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
FiveT on 10/12/2012(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#10 Posted : 10 December 2012 07:37:10(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Isabel: I want wings! Where can I get some pink, sparkly ones? :P I love this video so much just like I love this song! So....I'm gonna assume you guys are some kind of guardian angles? If so, I call dibs on Martina!

Martina: Ahahah, we are! With me you just made the best choice. I am glad you like the video. (: ♥

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked FiveT for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 10/12/2012(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#11 Posted : 10 December 2012 12:00:36(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Magie: I always look up to you guys when I'm talking about music videos, you guys are the main reference of it! wonderful job with such a very touching song.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
FiveT on 13/12/2012(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#12 Posted : 10 December 2012 12:06:34(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Daniel: The effects on this video are absolutely jaw dropping, considering that you guys were flying in the air next to an airplane. So I can just say that I absolutely loved the video for "Where is the Love! I always loved how symbolic and risky your videos are, always a special message behind every detail. Very sad ending though :(
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
FiveT on 13/12/2012(UTC)
Offline Moquel  
#13 Posted : 10 December 2012 14:33:09(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
Chanel: Indeed you guys, I already love this song, so the video did all the justice for my love of this joint, good job!
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Moquel for this useful post.
FiveT on 13/12/2012(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#14 Posted : 13 December 2012 07:01:19(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post
Magie: I always look up to you guys when I'm talking about music videos, you guys are the main reference of it! wonderful job with such a very touching song.

Den: Thanks Magie! I'm so proud to hear that. We work hard on the videos so it means a lot to us!

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

Daniel: The effects on this video are absolutely jaw dropping, considering that you guys were flying in the air next to an airplane. So I can just say that I absolutely loved the video for "Where is the Love! I always loved how symbolic and risky your videos are, always a special message behind every detail. Very sad ending though :(

Laurence: Thanks Daniel. We always try to do our best, especially with videos as we usually go crazy making up all the stories and stuff, so I'm glad to see that the hard work pays off.

Originally Posted by: Moquel Go to Quoted Post
Chanel: Indeed you guys, I already love this song, so the video did all the justice for my love of this joint, good job!

Martina: Thank you, Chanel. It is an absolute honour for me to hear you say that. x

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline GirlSpice  
#15 Posted : 13 December 2012 10:23:14(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Sophia: Noooooooo! I'm crying babes! Like... this is sooooooooo upsetting! So sad! But babes! OH MY BLONDE! I'm happy again cause this video is fab fab fab! Love it! Love you! I want a pair of wings like... soooooooooo bad! They'd be pink and pretty and glittery and sparkly and awwwwww! Hehe!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
FiveT on 15/12/2012(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#16 Posted : 15 December 2012 03:58:51(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Sophia: Noooooooo! I'm crying babes! Like... this is sooooooooo upsetting! So sad! But babes! OH MY BLONDE! I'm happy again cause this video is fab fab fab! Love it! Love you! I want a pair of wings like... soooooooooo bad! They'd be pink and pretty and glittery and sparkly and awwwwww! Hehe!

Joey: Ya can get anything ya want if...
Martina: Joey, I remind you that you have two babies with a woman who you are marrying soon. So you better stop it. Not talking ...Anyway I am glad you appreciate it, Sophia! It means a lot to us. (:

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage