logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Ahuvah  
#1 Posted : 04 May 2009 03:24:12(UTC)
Ahuvah

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I'm quite new here but I think I'm getting a bit addicted to this game :-D
One question I have - I tried to solve it but somehow it doesn't work.
First of all the settings don't work. I try to update the music genre (for example) and even though I click the "update my settings" button, nothing happens. The genre is still alternative rock (cause it's the first one on the list).

The second thing is that even though I had enough points to record a single, the list of available producers does not appear at all. So, somehow, it is impossible for me to record a single (and it's quite frustrating). Luckily, the points do not disappear, but it narrows my abilities totally cause it seems that all I can do is to have some gigs, write songs and practice. And basically that would be it.

(Ok. sorry that makes it two questions all in all).

What should I do? Is there a bug in the game? Are there some technical difficulties? Or maybe there are some conditions I didn't fulfill (except the amount of points and the required minimum 5 points of popularity in my region, which I have both accomplished)???

Please, help!!

thanx,
Ahuvah
(Pendragora)

Offline Taylr  
#2 Posted : 04 May 2009 03:39:08(UTC)
Taylr

Man

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Ahuvah wrote:
Hi,

First of all the settings don't work. I try to update the music genre (for example) and even though I click the "update my settings" button, nothing happens. The genre is still alternative rock (cause it's the first one on the list).

The second thing is that even though I had enough points to record a single, the list of available producers does not appear at all. So, somehow, it is impossible for me to record a single (and it's quite frustrating). Luckily, the points do not disappear, but it narrows my abilities totally cause it seems that all I can do is to have some gigs, write songs and practice. And basically that would be it.

What should I do? Is there a bug in the game? Are there some technical difficulties? Or maybe there are some conditions I didn't fulfill (except the amount of points and the required minimum 5 points of popularity in my region, which I have both accomplished)???

Please, help!!

thanx,
Ahuvah
(Pendragora)

1. The Genre thing does change, Just in your Settings it will stay on Default, Check your bands profile it will have changed to what you made it.

2. I Dunno about The Recording Singles thing, But id keep making my Ability rise and stuff like that.
Its quite Earlly to make Albums and Singles at the Moment, So yeah id give releasing a good while to increase my chances of a better release, But then again its up to you.
Offline Ahuvah  
#3 Posted : 04 May 2009 03:46:20(UTC)
Ahuvah

id keep making my Ability rise and stuff like that.
Its quite Earlly to make Albums and Singles at the Moment, So yeah id give releasing a good while to increase my chances of a better release, But then again its up to you.

Sure, I totally agree. But I'd like to check all the possibilities of this game before I get seriously disappointed when earning many ability points just to find out I really cannot do anything with it and I cannot spend it on recording anything. Sure it's fun to gig all the time but I guess most of the players would like to make their bands stand the test of time and this cannot happen without (sorry, this will sound grand) - leaving some sign of their existence.

I just wanna make sure if it is possible for me to record before I spend hours playing this game :-)
Offline Lepelbos  
#4 Posted : 04 May 2009 03:53:57(UTC)
Lepelbos

Ahuvah wrote:
Hi,

Please, help!!

thanx,
Ahuvah
(Pendragora)

Do you mean did you write songs, or did you practice songwriting. You must first write 3 songs to record a single. (if im not mistaken, it was a long time ago for me too)
B O S L E P E L R E C O R D S
NEW ALBUMS

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline Ahuvah  
#5 Posted : 04 May 2009 04:02:36(UTC)
Ahuvah

Yep. I wrote songs (much more than 3, just in case something would be wrong) I get everything in order until the list of possible record companies.
The names of the producers just do not show. Even if I am trying to proceed with recording (not seeing the list of producers), I get the message I did not choose any producer and therefore I need to go back - but there is no way of choosing one!

The other odd thing (perhaps it's connected) is that for example, when I click the charts (the general charts), I do not see any albums and singles of other groups. I really don't know why. And when I look at the rankings, I can see the amount of money other people have and how many tickets they sold. But in the columns showing the singles and albums the other bands have recorded I just have a huuuge line of zeros!

I'm completely lost in this and I have no clue why that would happen.
Offline forkboy  
#6 Posted : 04 May 2009 04:18:48(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Yes, i also noticed this. Only thing that could make sense is that you don't have enough cash to hire a producer?
Offline bikz  
#7 Posted : 04 May 2009 04:26:16(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
forkboy wrote:
Yes, i also noticed this. Only thing that could make sense is that you don't have enough cash to hire a producer?

I think it would still appear, even if you didn't.
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Ahuvah  
#8 Posted : 04 May 2009 04:46:36(UTC)
Ahuvah

I agree. I think it would appear because usually all the other information does appear with a sentence added saying that currently you don't have enough points to perform this particular action. Did any of you record anything? Can you see your albums/singles on the chart? Actually, I should ask: can you see the chart at all?
Offline bikz  
#9 Posted : 04 May 2009 04:59:35(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Ahuvah wrote:
I agree. I think it would appear because usually all the other information does appear with a sentence added saying that currently you don't have enough points to perform this particular action. Did any of you record anything? Can you see your albums/singles on the chart? Actually, I should ask: can you see the chart at all?

The chart probably isn't there because nobody's recorded anything yet, and if they had, it wouldn't be good enough to chart.
UserPostedImage
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Ahuvah  
#10 Posted : 04 May 2009 05:10:53(UTC)
Ahuvah

bikz wrote:

The chart probably isn't there because nobody's recorded anything yet, and if they had, it wouldn't be good enough to chart.

It's kinda hard for me to believe that since some of the bands have really good ability skills and I don't know how wouldn't they be tempted to record anything.
Btw, for how long has this game been working? Cause if it's a fresh thing, I could believe that really noone has recorded anything. But I somehow get the impression some of the users have been here for a real long time.

And anyway, that would still not explain why I cannot record a single if I fulfilled all the required expectations :-[
Offline bikz  
#11 Posted : 04 May 2009 05:16:22(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Ahuvah wrote:
Btw, for how long has this game been working?

Two days.
UserPostedImage
Offline Ahuvah  
#12 Posted : 04 May 2009 05:24:51(UTC)
Ahuvah

bikz wrote:

Two days.

Holy crap! You're kidding me, right?
Offline Ahuvah  
#13 Posted : 04 May 2009 05:26:11(UTC)
Ahuvah

Ahuvah wrote:
bikz wrote:

Two days.

What substance do you use daily to write 1.500 posts in two days? ;-)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#14 Posted : 04 May 2009 05:26:37(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Ahuvah wrote:
bikz wrote:

Two days.

Nope, bikz ain't kidding, It's been posted for like weeks when you first go on the site that it was going to be May 1, 2009.

Edited by user 04 May 2009 05:28:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline bikz  
#15 Posted : 04 May 2009 05:26:48(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Ahuvah wrote:

No, that's how long it's been here. A lot of us were on the forum before the game went back up, so we know each other from beforehand.
UserPostedImage
#16 Posted : 04 May 2009 05:27:37(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Ahuvah wrote:
Ahuvah wrote:
bikz wrote:

Two days.

What substance do you use daily to write 1.500 posts in two days? ;-)

No the game has been back for two days, but the forums came back this early February.
Offline Ahuvah  
#17 Posted : 04 May 2009 05:29:24(UTC)
Ahuvah

bikz wrote:
Ahuvah wrote:

No, that's how long it's been here. A lot of us were on the forum before the game went back up, so we know each other from beforehand.

Aaaahhh. ok, that explains everything! I really thought this game's been working for some time already.
Ok, then everything is clear and I suppose the album/single problem will just get solved in the nearest future.

And sorry for the substance abuse idea :-) Hope you didn't get offended. (Seriously, apologies).
#18 Posted : 04 May 2009 05:32:03(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

I know everyone is going to try to be the first to release a single, but I;m not going to do that, because I'm going to regret it i the future.
Offline Ahuvah  
#19 Posted : 04 May 2009 05:35:45(UTC)
Ahuvah

stephaniewazhere wrote:
I;m not going to do that, because I'm going to regret it i the future.

That's a good point. I just wanna make sure that it works, that's all. Just to see what are the possible options of this game before I totally sink in it (I'm not a gambler or anything but games suck me in totally!)
I really don't care who's going to be the first one with the single :-] I just hope I can see it in the chart, so I'd be sure I can record something myself :-)
Offline bikz  
#20 Posted : 04 May 2009 05:45:42(UTC)
bikz

Woman

I totally want to be first. And second. I want the first chart to be me and me and nobody else. :P
UserPostedImage