logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gildermershina  
#21 Posted : 06 February 2013 17:44:11(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Aj Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Gildermershina Go to Quoted Post
Well here's how one night ended, after this one girl was pestering me all night about my not drinking. My incredibly drunk friend is going "you guys are good together, you should hang out sometime" and both of us are like "nah, that's alright." Because the conversation consisted ENTIRELY of me explaining why I wasn't drinking.

I assume it's me, because I look all around and everyone is having casual conversations and laughing and having fun, but whenever anyone tries to talk to me it's awkward as fuck. It's because I'm a boring weirdo.

Using "I'm not drinking" as a way to get someone to buy you a drink and start a conversation, that just seems like a real desperate ploy for attention. Fuck that. Fuck any of that shit.

So you'd rather have the opinion of yourself that your a "boring weirdo" than at least attempting to Le Boné? I wouldn't say it seems like a desperate ploy, but it's still a way in. Then regarding being awkward, I have SAD so I get that a bunch but then sometimes you have to realise that awkwardness only stems from your uncomfortableness, so if you just chill out then you'll be fine?

People say "be yourself" but holy fuck, when I am myself, conversations come crashing to a halt. I'm over-exaggerating a little, but I don't know how to talk about what other people talk about at parties.

Being myself? That's the problem.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage