logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline FiveT  
#1 Posted : 10 February 2013 04:45:19(UTC)
FiveT

Groups: Registered
Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
UserPostedImage
TEEN TITANS
TURN THE RADAR ON

RELEASE DATE: February 17th, 2013
GENRE: Synth Pop
LABEL: Titanic Records
WRITER(S): Martina Downtown, Den Walnut, Tanya Stephenson, Laurence Vega, Joey Frankson
PRODUCER(S): Laurence Vega, Den Walnut

TRACKLIST:
-Turn The Radar On
-Wake Up Call
-Hands Up
-Turn The Radar On (Rocca Radio Edit)
-Turn The Radar On (Instrumental)

THE SONG:
INTRO
The song begins with a reversed synth that leads into a funky electronic beat made of bass, drums and other synths.

VERSE #1
As the beat gets more intense, the first verse sang by Den in a low and edgy tone begins.

When we're near, we have no fear
If you're here, if I'm here
It gets all clear
Even in the dark, when we make the spark

VERSE #2
When Den ends his verse, another one begins while the beat in the background keeps the same musicality. The second verse is sang by Laurence who almost sings in the same tone as Den but his voice sounds huskier.

Sending you a transmission from my heart
This is how a true love can start
But make sure you get this
Before you get a kiss

CHORUS
With the end of the second verse, the bass and some of the synths play an infectious instrumental leading to the chorus, which has all the intruments of the song plus an heavy pad that makes a stronger melody for the song. The Titans all sing together, except a few lines where Den sings alone with a phone effect on his voice.

If tonight
You don't wanna be alone
Turn the radar on
Kill the lights, free your soul
And if you miss me when I'll be gone
Just turn the radar on

VERSE #3
After the chorus, the reversed synth of the beginning of the song is heard and the beat slows down its intensity for the next verse, which is sang by Joey in a louder way than the first two.

In love with danger
In love with a stranger
I like this feeling
How my heart is beating

VERSE #4
Tanya sings the following verse, keeping the same Joey's loud tonality but only hitting a few higher notes.

Be wise, look at my eyes
You can see it all
All you need to do is call
Before this feeling may fall

CHORUS
After another short instrumental made of the bass and some of the synths, the chorus is repeated.

If tonight
You don't wanna be alone
Turn the radar on
Just turn the radar on

BRIDGE
When the second chorus ends, the bridge begins with only the heavy pad playing and leads to the new chorus with the claps and some synths added at the end. Martina sings the lines slowly, softly and slightly naughtily.

I already got you in my imagination
Will you live up to my expectation
And stay here, with me
Where you need to be

CHORUS
The chorus is eventually repeated twice.

If tonight
You don't wanna be alone
Turn the radar on
Just turn the radar on

If tonight
You don't wanna be alone
Turn the radar on
Just turn the radar on

ENDING
The song ends with Den singing the last line alone while also the instruments in the background have already stopped to play.

SOUNDS LIKE:

COMMENTS:
LAURENCE
This song is fantastic and I think the main reason why we made it a single is because we all gave the same amount of effort working on it. We all wrote our own parts of the song and wrote the chorus together. Martina, Joey and Tanya also kind of helped for the beat too as they had ideas for it. So it was basically a proper teamwork and teamwork is one of the things we want to represent as a group.

MARTINA
This one is probably one of the funniest, quirkiest and naughtiest song we have ever released as a single. The idea of using the radar as a metaphor of heart is magnificent I think and maybe we should all really turn our radars on and so open our hearts to love, which is a beautiful feeling, bad or good it is.

TANYA
This is for sure a favourite of everyone. We've had a lot of good choices but this was the most obvious and also fans have liked this song more than the others. We had to release this. It's also a fun to perform.

DEN
Wow, I'm incredibly excited that we're finally releasing 'Turn The Radar On' as a single! It's always been my favourite because of its beat, its lyrics, its vocals! You know, it's funny, uplifting and even sexy! We Titans aren't exactly known for making sexy songs, but there is a first time for everything and also exploring new fields is always exciting.

JOEY
I like 'Turn The Radar On', it's cool and it's got that beat that gets stuck in your head and won't get out for like weeks, months. You have no idea of how much I went through after I heard it the first time, those weeks were awful, I kept listening to this, it was like a drug and my life was falling to pieces and I felt like going to rehab and... Nah, I was just kidding but ya get the idea.

REVIEWS:
NME (9/10)
The Teen Titans are releasing their third single off 'Neon Lights' and we are talking about 'Turn The Radar On', the fun mid-tempo track that gives all the vibes of the group's initial sound, except for the fact the Teen Titans are now into the Trance, Synth Pop area and this definately influenced the song.

Digital Spy (4/5)
While still being on tour, the Teen Titans are giving fans the new single 'Turn The Radar On', which proves the group's colorful and fun sound at its best with cheerful basslines and synths.

Culture Uncut (3/5)
Once again, the Teen Titans give us another funny, let's-sing-everyone-along kind of song, but is it what we needed from them? The song surely has an infectious sound, but will we ever get singles from this group that are about the real things in life, rather than shooting someone with a love-gun, getting out of a galaxy or friendship?

Edited by user 12 April 2013 03:37:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
thanks 7 users thanked FiveT for this useful post.
ang3licd3vil on 10/02/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 10/02/2013(UTC), Walton on 10/02/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 10/02/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 10/02/2013(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 17/02/2013(UTC), BrownSugar on 17/02/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2 Posted : 10 February 2013 12:27:43(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Jennifer: I really love this song, you guys always make good songs so who am I kidding? I like the lyrics, the bridge is my favorite part for some reason haha, and you know what? I need to see you guys on tour before I can't anymore, lol.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
FiveT on 12/02/2013(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#3 Posted : 10 February 2013 12:35:40(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: This is my favorite song from the album and now its a single! Whhhhaaaat! I'm so happy right now. Can't wait to review this. :)
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
FiveT on 12/02/2013(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#4 Posted : 12 February 2013 09:07:00(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Jennifer: I really love this song, you guys always make good songs so who am I kidding? I like the lyrics, the bridge is my favorite part for some reason haha, and you know what? I need to see you guys on tour before I can't anymore, lol.

Martina: Aw, I am glad you like it and I am glad the bridge is your favourite part! And yes, you should definately come but you're only allowed to come if you also meet us backstage! (: x

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Kourtney: This is my favorite song from the album and now its a single! Whhhhaaaat! I'm so happy right now. Can't wait to review this. :)

Den: Thank youu! It's my favourite too! I like when the others recognise its amazingness too! :D

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
thanks 1 user thanked FiveT for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 12/02/2013(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#5 Posted : 17 February 2013 03:28:21(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

UserPostedImage

The video begins showing a laboratory and a man who seems to be escaping from something, but while he's running, he notices a computer with a shiny blue screen that has something written on it: "LET'S PLAY".
So when the man gets close to it, the screen changes the words into: "PRESS THE T".
As the man follows the order, he suddenly enters into the computer which now changes its phrase into a funny "...OPS". Meanwhile the song starts and the man materializes into a virtual world, where he finds the five Teen Titans dancing.
He looks at them shocked and runs away when Den begins to sing the first verse, during which a gold hologram of Den appears in front of the man and this stops the run, but trying to go back, Den throws him with a grin into a hole that appears behind the guy.
While he's falling, Laurence sings his verse and his face appears in some floating screens that surround the man during his long fall and as he reaches another virtual ground, he finds himself being in a cage, around which the Teen Titans are dancing and singing, until the end of the chorus, where they all disappear except Joey, who sings his verse while he slowly turns into a sort of devil, with a trident, horns and a devilish tail. As soon as the fire appears all around the cage at the end of the verse, the man closes his eyes and when he opens them, he's still in the cage, but without Joey and all the flames. So when Tanya's verse begins, the man looks behind him and finds Tanya riding a huge white cat ready to eat him. He immediately raises and runs away while the cage suddenly opens its door, letting him out.
So at the end of Tanya's verse, he's out of the cage but as he tries to put his feet on the ground, he falls again and while he does, some new screens appear around him with the Teen Titans dancing inside of them for the chorus.
When the chorus ends, the man reaches another ground during the bridge of the song and this time he finds himself being on a huge flower. As he turns around, he sees Martina looking like a fairy, who's flying all around the flower. When she stops at the end of the bridge, she looks at him and snaps her fingers, making the flower close on itself and eat the man, who gets thrown out of the computer, on which can be now read "GAME OVER". He gets up and reads confused and then looks behind him, seeing the Titans who seem to be waiting for him.
So at the beginning of the new chorus they all get on him and before showing them hit the man, the scene changes to the Titans dancing and singing again in the virtual world.
When the song ends, the Titans are shown being on a street while waving and smiling at a police car that is going away with the man inside.

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 3 users thanked FiveT for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 17/02/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 17/02/2013(UTC), BrownSugar on 17/02/2013(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#6 Posted : 17 February 2013 07:37:11(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: Go Teen Titans for putting that bad man in the safety of the police!

Ooc: I loved reading this video. The details are really great. :)
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
FiveT on 24/02/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#7 Posted : 17 February 2013 08:27:01(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Jennifer: I loved this video! It was so crazy and it made me have a headache just trying to keep up :P

OOC: Agreed, good job :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 2 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Princess_Valentine on 17/02/2013(UTC), FiveT on 24/02/2013(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#8 Posted : 17 February 2013 10:07:21(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19124 time(s) in 7592 post(s)
Dustyn: That video confused me. Is I high again?

OOC: Very creative video and love the details. Miss the old FC's though :( lol
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
FiveT on 24/02/2013(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#9 Posted : 24 February 2013 01:57:28(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Kourtney: Go Teen Titans for putting that bad man in the safety of the police!

Ooc: I loved reading this video. The details are really great. :)

Den: Well you should join us now that you're part of our big family! Haha! :D

OOC: Thanks! Really glad you liked it!

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Jennifer: I loved this video! It was so crazy and it made me have a headache just trying to keep up :P

OOC: Agreed, good job :)

Joey: Thanks, it's complex but cool, isn't it? =P

OOC: Thank you!

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Dustyn: That video confused me. Is I high again?

OOC: Very creative video and love the details. Miss the old FC's though :( lol

Martina: Noo, you are okay. It is only the video! x

OOC: Thanks and I'm sure you will understand why I had to change them and like these ones soon! :P

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj

The Jollies

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage