logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#1 Posted : 09 June 2013 11:39:27(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Released: July 10th, 2013
Recorded: June 2011 - May 2013
Genre: Pop, R&B, Pop Rock, Dance-Pop
Length: 45:58 [iTunes Version: 50:28]
Label: Tric-Jam Records
Producer(s): Layla Raine-Talley, Rico Love, Carter Wright, Kamikaze Kate, Dominic Brown

BACKGROUND
IMPRINT is the debut album from Pop star Kato. After being acknowledge of his musical talents in 2011 while serving as a protege to Kamikaze Kate, young Kato set off to make a name for himself causing the first single to be released, 'One of You (Feat. Kamikaze Kate)'. The song quickly gathered the attention of his peers and spectators alike. The Rock influenced single would debut at #8 on the charts and quickly rise to #4, becoming his first top 10 hit single. Kato then began to work on an album which would be delayed multiple times after label complications. Once he was finally signed to Tric-Jam Records, he started to record again, this time releasing a more Pop friendly single in 'Guilty Pleasure'. This song would reach #2 and become his highest debuting single to date. While riding the waves of success from the single, Kato would announce the delay of his album yet again, this time citing 'It just wasn't ready yet' as the excuse. It was becoming quiet clear this young singer would certainly miss his call to fame but this didn't stop him. He would chug out 3 more singles from the album, the other being only available for the iTunes version of the album, 'Hurt Me Bad', 'For The Night', 'Put In Work' and the collaboration that everyone's been talking about, 'Little Hints (Feat. Kourtney)'. They would all become successful on the charts, all staying and debuting in the top 10 for several weeks at a time.

Once the new year came around, Kato would announce his album would finally be released in 2013 and this time there would be no excuse and no interruptions. Although it may seem the delays hindered the singer's rise to fame, there may be hope for him yet. IMPRINT was recorded in a time span of 2 years, from 2011 - 2013. The album features all of his hit singles, including some never before heard music. He teamed up with multiple producers such as Rico Love, Layla Raine-Talley, Carter Wright, Dominic Brown, and Kamikaze Kate. The album focuses more on his life as the main inspiration for his songs. He also talks about his past relationships, including with Pop superstar and best friend Isabel Merjos which gathered much speculation that the two were still seeing each other. Kato dedicates the album to his fans for saying by his side through all the troubling times he's had to endure. It is said to be a very revealing album and takes a deeper look into the life and thoughts of Katriel Comyns. He also explained the meaning of the album title. "I want the album to leave a lasting impression on everyone and not just be pushed aside like other debut albums. I want it to impact someone, I want it to be imprinted on people's brains, hearts, and ears until the day I'm buried in the ground, kind of like how everyone knows Michael Jackson's songs. Even if they didn't like him, you still know the beat or a lyric to his song. I want my music to be like that and I believe this album is the first step in my career to do that. It will leave an imprint."

SINGLES
  • One of You (Feat. Kamikaze Kate) [Debuted #8; Peaked #4] (May 25, 2011)

• Guilty Pleasure [Debuted #2; Peaked #2] (April 1, 2012)

• Hurt Me Bad [Debuted #11; Peaked #2] (May 23, 2012)

• For The Night [Debuted #5; Peaked #2] (November 3, 2012)

• Put In Work [Debuted #6; Peaked #3] (February 15, 2013)

• Little Hints (Feat. Kourtney) [Debuted #6; Peaked #3] (April 30, 2013)

TRACKLISTING
* - Only Available on iTunes version.

1. For The Night (3:46) [Written By: Katriel Comyns; Produced By: Layla Raine-Talley, Rico Love, Katriel Comyns]

2. All I See (3:53) [Written By: Katriel Comyns, Duke Alexander, Winny Valdez; Produced By: Layla Raine-Talley, Rico Love]

3. Guilty Pleasure (3:49) [Written By: Katriel Comyns; Produced By: Layla Raine-Talley, Katriel Comyns]

4. Dodged Your Bullet (Feat. Liyah) (4:28) [Written By: Katriel Comyns, Winny Valdez, Tealiyah Phuong; Produced By: Layla Raine-Talley]

5. Put In Work (2:57) [Written By: Katriel Comyns, Rico Love; Produced By: Rico Love]

6. Don't Let Me Go (4:00) [Written By: Katriel Comyns, Layla Raine-Talley, Winny Valdez, Duke Alexander, Rico Love; Produced By: Rico Love, Layla Raine-Talley]

7. No Other Place (3:50) [Written By: Winny Valdez, Arthur Peters, Matthew Haywerd; Produced By: Carter Wright, Rico Love]

8. One Of You (Feat. Kamikaze Kate)(5:24) [Written By: Katriel Comyns, Kamikaze Kate; Produced By: Kamikaze Kate]

9. Animated (4:36) [Written By: Katriel Comyns, Rico Love, Layla Raine-Talley; Produced By: Carter Wright, Rico Love, Layla Raine-Talley]

10. Hurt Me Bad (3:53) [Written By: Katriel Comyns, Rico Love; Produced By: Katriel Comyns, Layla Raine-Talley, Rico Love]

11. IMPRINT (5:02) [Written By: Dominic Brown, Katriel Comyns; Produced By: Carter Wright, Dominic Brown, Layla Raine-Talley, Katriel Comyns]

*12. Little Hints (Feat. Kourtney) (4:30) [Written By: Katriel Comyns, Kourtney Steele; Produced By: Carter Wright]

Edited by user 09 July 2013 03:07:34(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 9 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 09/06/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 09/06/2013(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 09/06/2013(UTC), Andre Gandra on 09/06/2013(UTC), mebeme101 on 09/06/2013(UTC), kandii on 09/06/2013(UTC), Matticus on 09/06/2013(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 10/06/2013(UTC), BrownSugar on 18/07/2013(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#2 Posted : 09 June 2013 12:44:11(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Magie: I can tell you already left an imprint on my brain and heart, you were growing through the years and it feels like you turned out and became a great young man, I can't wait to hear the whole album ;) (Ohh.. that sounds like a song LOL)
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 09/06/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#3 Posted : 09 June 2013 12:49:27(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post
Magie: I can tell you already left an imprint on my brain and heart, you were growing through the years and it feels like you turned out and became a great young man, I can't wait to hear the whole album ;) (Ohh.. that sounds like a song LOL)

Kato: Thank you Magie, I can't wait to share this album with everyone so they can see the hard work and thought I put into it :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline mebeme101  
#4 Posted : 09 June 2013 12:56:20(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Jason: I'm really excited for this album I'm sure it's going to be great Kato :)
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 09/06/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#5 Posted : 09 June 2013 13:59:24(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Jason: I'm really excited for this album I'm sure it's going to be great Kato :)

Kato: Thanks Jason, I can't wait to share it :) and thank you for the support!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#6 Posted : 09 June 2013 19:31:32(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3959 time(s) in 1352 post(s)
Amy-Jayne - I cannot wait to buy this album it's going to be the best album of the year x
UserPostedImage
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#7 Posted : 10 June 2013 02:35:02(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: Woo! I'm sure you must be really excited Kato! This being your debut album and all. I know your fans will love it cause you're a hard worker and you'll put out nothing but the best for them. So happy for you and can't wait to hear the album. :)
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 10/06/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#8 Posted : 10 June 2013 05:31:07(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Kourtney: Woo! I'm sure you must be really excited Kato! This being your debut album and all. I know your fans will love it cause you're a hard worker and you'll put out nothing but the best for them. So happy for you and can't wait to hear the album. :)

Kato: Thanks Kourtney :) I'm glad you worked with me on this album as well, we made beautiful music together! I have no doubts my fans will love this album and hopefully it can be the first step to a long career.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#9 Posted : 10 June 2013 05:37:52(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
OOC: I feel like this will be a very fun album thread. Looking forward to all of it.
UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
thanks 1 user thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 10/06/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#10 Posted : 10 June 2013 05:46:29(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Osprey037[Reported Failure wrote:
;315019]OOC: I feel like this will be a very fun album thread. Looking forward to all of it.

OOC: Lol I don't know about fun but I'll be attempting to try something different with this album thread :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#11 Posted : 18 June 2013 03:34:59(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

TRACK 1 : KATO - FOR THE NIGHT

UserPostedImage

Released: November 3rd, 2012
Format: CD Single, Digital Download
Recorded: Los Angeles, California, Brooklyn, New York
Genre: Pop, R&B
Length: 3:46
Written By: Katriel Comyns
Produced By: Katriel Comyns, Layla Raine, Rico Love

Background
Katriel Comyns, best known as Kato, first arrived on the scene in mid-2009. With his first single ‘One Of You,’ the musical future of Kato was almost certain to be Rock but yet with his next single, ’Guilty Pleasure’ took a sharp turn for the Pop and R&B section. It was clear he was versatile and his career seemed bright. Although he was mostly known as Kamikaze Kate’s protégé and loyal best friend but he started to drift away from her and gain his own personality as a silly boy who had a sense of style and was fond of the ladies. Kato was set to release his album last year but due to unknown circumstances, the album was pushed back for a second time. Kato is determined to get his album out in early 2013 but first he has a few hit singles he would like to share with his fans.

For The Night was the single chosen to be Kato’s 4th single released from his debut album, which was set to be released 2 years ago, but was pushed back twice and now set to be released in early 2013. The R&B inspired track was produced by Tric-Jam’s own Rico Love and Layla Raine. Kato wrote the song solely by himself and helped to produce it as well. It was originally not going to be released as a single but Rico and Layla thought that it would be a huge hit if it was. “I thought that if we didn’t release this song, do you know how many people would listen to the CD and be like ‘Yo, this should have been a single right here! It’s got that typical boy singing about a girl but then it’s not cheesy you know? It’s like something everybody can relate to because there’s tons of people who have been with someone and their father or mother or friend or cousin, whatever, who haven’t always approved of a relationship so it’s totally relatable. After we worked out the beat, Kato jumped in the studio and we knew we created something magical.” – Layla Raine.

The single was recorded in August during a 3 week span. Kato has been working on the album and this single since touring with Miss Vanity on her Good Mourning tour. Since then, he’s been prepping the release by promoting the single on Twitter and releasing a 20 second clip of it on his official website after a blog post from the singer. He also revealed the single would be released on November 3rd, 2012.

Song Description
"For The Night" is a mid-tempo ballad which uses electronic, soul music and pop, and has a length of three minutes and 45 seconds. It features drums, heavy synthesizers, a 1980s backbeat, orchestral sounds and electronic rhythms accompanied with Kato’s vocal performance. It starts off with him singing the hook of the song while speaking in the background in a soft voice saying, I'll do anything that I have to, to protect you/You're my life and I won't ever give up on us. The smoothness of the track suggests that it will be a slow tempo song and so does his vocals. Kato’s voice has certainly matured a lot and is now deeper than before, fitting in well with the song. What makes the track stand out is the perfectly mixed vocals and back beat. It gives Kato the mature sound he so richly achieved in his first single. There’s a build up to the chorus in which the orchestral sounds give it a storytelling affect as Kato sings about running away with the love of his life. The track’s production centers on the layering of Kato’s voice with the hooks.

As the song shifts into the chorus, you can hear the strings and violins along with the drums, giving it a more emotional and triumphant affect. It’s almost as if that’s where the story is taking place in the song. Kato’s voice attempts to reach a note higher as he then goes back down a note, singing the hook over and over. The second verse takes the song back into its calming state with the back beat and drums. He has a sweetness to his voice now, adding that rawness to his vocals as he projects the image of him and his lover as he pleads for them to be together, singing, I'll wipe away all those tears, Keep you from any of your fears/I'll be your protector , hitting the end of the note and holding it well into the chorus of the song. The lyrics suggest that the song is most likely inspired by Kato’s private life, but if the song is about Izzy or not is not directly stated. Kato swears the song has nothing to do with her so we can only wonder, is there another girl in Kato’s life? The lyrics, simplified, talk about Kato being in love with someone but clearly the girl is having doubts and he wants to ensure her that their relationship is real. He then goes on to say that he will fight for her no matter what and that she shouldn’t believe everything she hears about him because in the end, everyone is trying to break them up. What do you make of Kato’s new single? Is it a Hit or Miss?

Songwriter's Comments
"I'd like to think that this single will make me or break me. I think if you haven't gotten it right by your fourth single then you probably won't. So far I've been blessed and lucky enough to have such an amazing team and fan base that supports everything I do. I'm hoping for this single to do well of course and to hopefully show my growth as an artist and a young man. If it wasn't for Layla, I probably would have missed out on the chance to release this single but thank god she kept pushing me to release it because who knows? It might to extremely well, it might flop but to me I'm already gotten to the top so now the challenge is staying up there. It's definitely going to be on my album and the album will hopefully show everyone what type of artist I am and take me to new heights in my career. With all that being said, I hope everyone enjoys the single and downloads it, legally of course!" - Kato

[Lyrics]

[Intro: Spoken]
Don't believe what you're hearin (I'll do anything that I have to, to protect you)
Don't believe what you're hearin (You're my life and I won't ever give up on us)

[Verse 1]
Imagine if we could just fly away
We'll have no worries, live for the day
But baby I, baby I
I can't make that happen
Unless you choose to trust me
Put all your faith in me and
You and I, You and I
We can try to make this right

[Pre-Hook]
I never regret any of the time that we spent together
On that day, Oh on that day
You say you love me but will you leave
And run away? Oh run away?

[Hook]
So I'll fight, Give my life
My own right, to be with you if just for the night
You I'm beside, I won't hide (No)
We'll turn this darkness into the light

[Post-Hook]
Don't believe what you're hearin

[Verse 2]
That ring on your hand, You don't understand
It don't mean a thing if I can't be by your side
Right by your side
I'll wipe away all those tears, Keep you from any of your fears
I'll be your protector

[Pre-Hook]
I won't be right, If you and I
Don't turn away from lies
Cause you and I, you and I
We gotta leave these shadows behind

[Hook]

[Post-Hook]

[Ad-Lib Outro]
It's time to start living, Don't be fearin (Ohhh!)
(Ohhh, Ohhh)
I'll give my life to be with you if just for the night

Sounds Like:

TRACK 2 : KATO - ALL I SEE

UserPostedImage

Genre: Synthpop, Dancepop
Length: 3:53
Written By: Katriel Comyns, Duke Alexander, Winny Valdez
Produced By: Layla Raine-Talley, Rico Love

Song Description
Kato keeps the mood from the last song going into the next track, All I See another Pop influenced song that compliments his now matured and deep voice. The synth in the back combined with the piano gives it a very relentless feeling. Mid way into the first verse, the beat kicks in and allows the track to grow into a dance type song. Kato gives his all in singing the chorus, when the song really picks up. A common element in Kato's songs, drums, are also influenced in the track. In the lyrics, Kato expresses his inability to see or think about anyone at all except his female companion. In true Kato form, he sings of feeling in love for the very first time and not wanting the feeling to go away. He expresses this in the first verse singing, "But when you're gone, I don't remember no one else/No one else". As he goes into the second verse, the backing vocals kick in. The nature of the song is still in the mature mindset and gives the album an adult like feel.

Going into the second verse, Kato repeats the same pattern of singing as in the first verse. The layering of his vocals for the background start to be heard in the "Ooh's" which give a nice effect. His voice starts low and gradually gets higher as he comes nearer to the ending of the verse. When singing the chorus again, the drums kick back in for the full sound. Making its way to the Bridge, the drum pattern switches up without the synth being heard anymore. Kato's delicate voice returns as if he were singing to the girl right there. The lyrics suggest his final chance to seal the deal with her, encouraging her to not look back but forward with him. As he sings the ending part, Kato's voice heads to the high soprano note which is enough to give the listener chills. He then returns with the full beat of the dance song as his voice goes back to the low and normal frequency. He kicks it in high gear with the addition of his vocalizations in the background, tying the song in really nicely and ending it perfectly.

[Lyrics]

[Verse 1]
You're all I see
When it gets darker and hard to breathe
You're all I see
I've waited for too long, the ecstasy
Star crossed love, I never knew how it felt
But when you're gone, I don't remember no one else
No one else

[Chorus]
You're all I see
Everyone else don't matter to me
We'll be together
Ooh, you're all I see
There's not a view that can distract me
You're all I see
We'll be together
Ooh, you're all I see

[Verse 2]
She's all I see
Out in the open our love can be, yeah
She's all I see
Me and her while I'm on bended knee
Ooh, beauty comes but girls like her don't
And forever young
Is just a myth so let's go
Let's go-o-o-o

[Chorus]
You're all I see
We'll be together
Ooh, you're all I see
You're all I see
We'll be together
Ooh, you're all I see

[Bridge]
We're too far in this now (We can't turn back)
I can still feel the warmth of your lips (On mine)
With me you'll never frown, girl
So we'll let our worries fall, fall, fall
Oooh

[Chorus]
You're all I see
Everyone else don't matter to me (Don't matter)
We'll be together
Ooh, you're all I see
You're all I see (Distract me)
We'll be together (Ohhh)
Ooh, you're all I see

You're all I see

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 08 July 2013 14:03:54(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 3 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
erich hess on 18/06/2013(UTC), Walton on 20/06/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 09/07/2013(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#12 Posted : 18 June 2013 03:45:28(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17932 time(s) in 10423 post(s)
Erica: "all I see" is my new shower singing song!

Nina:thanks,Kato. Thanks a fucking lot,love. There is a reason Erica sings punk rock... that being.... SHE CAN'T CARRY A FUCKING TUNE IN A BUCKET!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 18/06/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#13 Posted : 20 June 2013 07:23:44(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

TRACK 3 : KATO - GUILTY PLEASURE

UserPostedImage

Released: April 1st, 2012
Recorded: Los Angeles, California
Genre: Electronic dance, House, Dance pop
Length: 3:49
Written By: Katriel Comyns
Producer: Layla Raine, Katriel Comyns

Song Description
Following the debut rock influenced single, Kato has returned to the music scene and changed up his sound. "Guilty Pleasure" is an electronic dance, house and dance-pop song. The beat of the song consists of a "pulsating house-inspired beat", synthesizers and a percussion. On the song, Kato encourages a young lady to watch him dance and how he will manage to make his naysayers want him to be gone, and commands his listeners to "not hide their true feelings to the song by throwing their hands up everywhere". The high energy song opens with pulsing synths which then lead to a throbbing bass, as Kato sings: "Hey baby tell me have you seen this swagger? /Hey baby tell me does it really turn you on? / Hey baby tell me do you wanna see something? / I'll make my haters wish that I was gone". It is then followed by repeated chants of: "And you know you can't deny it Throw your hands up everywhere." After the first time through the sweet and smooth bridge, 'Guilty Pleasure' slides into a fierce percussive breakdown before heading back into the chorus. During the final bridge, a "multi-layered vocal mix" comes in before the song fades away. The song talks about how Kato wants to impress his peers so much that they won't be able to deny his talent or skills and he'll become their "Guilty pleasure" as to say they won't believe they'll find his music appealing.

[Lyrics]

[Verse 1]
Hey baby tell me have you seen this swagger?
Hey baby tell me does it really turn you on?
Hey baby tell me do you wanna see something?
I'll make my haters wish that I was gone

[Pre-Chorus]
And you know you can't deny it
Throw your hands up everywhere
Yeah throw your hands up
Feels so good so don't you hide it
Just throw your hands up

[Chorus]
I'm your guilty pleasure
My music in your e-e-ea-ar
Just like a whisper
I'll captivate you, ye-e-eah
Your guilty pleasure
Music in your e-e-ea-ar
Just like a whisper
I captivated yo-o-ou
Ye-e-eah

Kno-o-o-ow, You know
You kn-o-o-ow
Oh-h-h-h-h, Just let it go-o-o-o
(Your guilty pleasure)
Kno-o-o-ow, You know
You kn-o-o-ow
(Your guilty pleasure)
(Your guilty pleasure)

[Verse 2]
Hey baby watch the way I turn this club out
You'll never see a night like this aga-a-ain
OOh baby can't you tell that this is your song?
So show those moves I know you do so we-e-e-ll

[Pre-Chorus]
And you know you can't deny it
Yeah throw your hands up
Feels so good so don't you hide it
Just throw your hands up

[Chorus]
I'm your guilty pleasure
Just like a whisper
I'll captivate you, ye-e-eah (Captivate yo-o-ou)
Your guilty pleasure
Music in your e-e-ea-ar
Just like a whisper
I captivated yo-o-ou
Ye-e-eah

Kno-o-o-ow, You know
You kn-o-o-ow
(Your guilty pleasure)
Kno-o-o-ow, You know
You kn-o-o-ow

[Bridge]
Turn me up, All I wanna do is be by your si-i-i-ide
So baby dance with me
Hey, dance with me (just dance)
Never wanna leave that, Girl I gotta leave that (Just playin)
You know I'm ya (Guilty pleasure)

[Chorus]
I'm your guilty pleasure
Just like a whisper
I'll captivate you, ye-e-eah (Captivate yo-o-ou)
Your guilty pleasure
Music in your e-e-ea-ar
Just like a whisper
I captivated yo-o-ou
Ye-e-eah

Kno-o-o-ow, You know
You kn-o-o-ow
(Your guilty pleasure)
Kno-o-o-ow, You know
You kn-o-o-ow

I'm your guilty pleasure

Sounds Like:

TRACK 4 : KATO - DODGED YOUR BULLET (FEAT. LIYAH)

UserPostedImage

Genre: R&B, Pop
Length: 3:49
Written By: Katriel Comyns, Winny Valdez, Tealiyah Phuong
Produced By: Layla Raine-Talley

Song Description
'Dodged Your Bullet' is a mid-tempoed, R&B, Pop flavored ballad which features help from music's up and coming female rapper, Liyah. Delivering some crisp, clean vocals, Kato uses his charm in the lyrics of the song, suggesting he dodged a bullet by not dating a girl. The track is a refreshing sound in the R&B community with influences of his Pop sound. It also features calm, electronic beats which samples Michael Jackson's 'Human Nature' and SWV's 'Right Here. The track begins with the cloudy synths and layers of drums. In the background, you can hear the same sentence being repeated as if in a rap song, "Dodged that bullet, I dodged your bullet (Yup) (x8)" in Kato's voice. Then, it jumps into Liyah as she raps with her laid back nature. The catchy beat bounces behind her voice which then goes into Kato singing the first verse. His vocals are very are slow and sexy, despite the subject manner on which he is singing about. In the first verse, Kato realizes he wasn't able to get the girl he thought he wanted and proclaims that the other guy is nothing like him. He then expresses how he knows the girl missed out on a chance with him and that in the end, he was glad she ignored him because he found someone better. The chorus then goes to say that "Never going back again, no it's never happenin'/I'm through with you to the fullest/Glad I dodged your bullet". The vocalizations in between each chorus is Kato accompanied with another female singer giving harmony. Moving on to the next verse, Kato's voice returns to the slow pace it had been at before. This time he changes his routine as it doesn't follow the same pattern as the first verse. Kato goes on to say that he hopes she feels regret about not being with him, suggesting that the song's theme is basically about almost making the wrong choice of someone he thought he was in love with when in reality, he was meant for someone else. After he sings the chorus again, he repeats the first line of the song with a series of vocals being heard in the background. Kato's voice sounds extremely well and very mature, perfect for the song as well.

[Lyrics]

Dodged that bullet, I dodged your bullet (Yup) (x8)

[Rap: Liyah]
Now, every day I used to love you and want you
But all you ever did was just play me like a fool
Yup, I guess I never was enough for you
But that's okay I got it boo, we can play it by ya own rules
All them feelings that I had, boy they dead and gone
You can take a seat and stop blowin' up my phone
You can catch me on t.v.
You see me?
All them other chicks ain't got nothin' on Li Li!

[Verse 1]
I must be out of my mind, To think you'd feel the same
And now you're still figuring out, that I was the one girl
He can be all sweet, and serenade
He can't do it like me, no it's not the same
I see you finally see that now

It kills you inside
To know that you missed your chance
Forever telling me I wasn't good enough
So now you watch me from a distance
Thank god you did
Everything you did
Cause now I found my best friend
Yeeah

[Chorus]
You're feeling like you were wrong, every single night he's gone
I'm through with you to the fullest
Cause I dodged your bullet, and I'm
Never going back again, no it's never happenin'
Glad I dodged your bullet

Oh (Dodged that bullet)
Whoa oh oh (Na na na)
Whoa oh oh (Na na na)
I dodged it, dodged your bullet

[Verse 2]
I hope you sleep at night, Knowing you love me
But I'll just be an image in your head
He'll never take you there, Like you know I could have
Your just a trophy in his bed, his ego fed
But he don't understand you girl, noo

It kills you inside
To know that you missed your chance
Forever telling me I wasn't good enough
So now you watch me from a distance
Thank god you did (Thank god you did)
Everything you did (Everything you did)
Cause now I found my best friend, who-oa

[Chorus]

Dodged that bullet, I dodged your bullet (Yup) (x8)

Oh (Dodged that bullet)
Whoa oh oh (Na na na)
Whoa oh oh (Na na na)
I dodged it, dodged your bullet

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 08 July 2013 17:15:12(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 4 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 20/06/2013(UTC), Walton on 20/06/2013(UTC), erich hess on 22/06/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 09/07/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#14 Posted : 22 June 2013 06:54:25(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

TRACK 5 : KATO - PUT IN WORK

UserPostedImage

Title:Put In Work
Length: 2:57
Genre: Synthpop, R&B
Recorded: Atlanta, Georgia
Released: February 15th, 2013
Written by: Katriel Comyns, Rico Love
Produced by: Rico Love

Background Information
Coming off the release of his latest single, 'For The Night', Kato seeks to push his boundaries into music again with another hit. This is the 5th single being released from the singer's album, still unknowingly titled, and serves as the bridge to gap the framework of his album. Kato teamed up with Rico Love, a name that's been buzzing around lately, to produce 'Put In Work'. The uptempo, synthpop song was recorded in Atlanta, Georgia. He wrote the song stemming from one of his "past relationships", said the singer and that "It's the description of the type of girl he wants to be with."

Description
The song starts off with a swirling synth and grinding bassline and then goes into Kato's vocals which are smooth and slick. He sings about a girl who he can't seem to get off of his mind and he doesn't want to. For a minute, the bass goes out and comes right back on as he sings leading into the chorus, his vocals this time are fast yet still slick, almost sounding similar to a rap but not quite. When he goes into the chorus, his voice gets a little softer and has more to it while the throbbing beat is being heard in the background. The singer acknowledges the effects she has on him but seems to love it and talks of not wanting anyone who won't make him work for it. When he goes back into singing, he keeps the same pattern as before in the first verse except he extends the part where he sings, Or the lies, or the lies, or the lies, or the lies his voice getting noticeable higher with each note he sings it. The beat momentarily stops and then picks back up with a kicking synth that goes back into the original beat. He continues in to the bridge, having a more R&B sound now as the beat is just a drum beat and the sound of his vocals being broken up for added effect. He then sings the chorus one last time to finish off the song as an instrumental plays and fades to the end.

The song is about wanting a girl who makes you earn her love and affection rather than just giving it away like some. Kato sings with some inspiration as he says this is the type of girl he wants and aspires to be with. The song is mostly composed of synths and a bassline, simple enough and the lyrics are catchy enough for anyone to sing along.

Quote:
"So I wrote this song because a lot of people have been asking me what type of girl I'm looking for and all of that. I think the song is pretty much self explanatory, I want an independent lady who makes you look forward to coming home to her and you don't feel like it's a waste of time or anything like that. I just wanted to shift from the slow, ballads into something fun and you can really dance to. The video is really a blue print of the song. It goes perfectly with it and it's just me being me, silly and enjoying myself. I'm not sure if this is my last single I'll put out but we'll see what happens."

Lyrics

[Verse 1]
That girl, she can take it all
One stare and I'm ready to just take a fall
I swear, she don't know the truth
Every eye on her, lighten up the room

She'll take you down like a tiger
Play hard to get just to meet her
And she's walking in circles, you're wrapped around her finger
Need her, she holds onto the rope
And won't let go, but I won't ever leave without her

[Chorus]
And every little thing that she want
You know, She gone make you work for it
Make it nice and slow
Every day I'm there, Work, Work
I can't let her go
This girl makes me wanna put in work
Stakes never been so high, all the other girls
Don't compare so why, would I put in work?
Work, Work, she ain't worth the time
But this girl makes me wanna put in work

I wanna put in work

[Verse 2]
She don't care what a hater say
Make you wanna stay home, every day
She likes, to do her own thing
Never falls for any tricks or the lies
Or the lies, Or the lies, Or the lies, Or the lies
You can see it in her eyes

She'll take you down like a tiger
Play hard to get just to meet her
And she's walking in circles, you're wrapped around her finger
Need her, she holds onto the rope
And won't let go, but I won't ever leave without her

[Chorus]
Make it nice and slow
I can't let her go

I wanna put in work

[Bridge]
I can't believe my eyes
She'll make you risk your life
Every time (She won't let you win her)
She ain't easy (You gotta put in work)
Every time she won't (She won't let you win her)
She ain't easy (You gotta put in work)

[Chorus]
Make it nice and slow
I can't let her go

Sounds Like:

TRACK 6 : KATO - DON'T LET ME GO

UserPostedImage

Genre: R&B
Length: 4:00
Written By: Katriel Comyns, Layla Raine-Talley, Winny Valdez, Duke Alexander, Rico Love
Produced By: Layla Raine-Talley

Song Description
'Don't Let Me Go' was written by Katriel Comyns, Layla Raine-Talley, Winny Valdez, Duke Alexander, Rico Love and produced by Rico Love and Layla Raine-Talley. It is a midtempoed ballad that runs for 4 minutes exactly and features more background vocals similar to those in 'Dodged Your Bullet', with instrumentation provided by drums. Musically, the song is one of the slower ones on the album and uses his voice in various ways for an excellent performance. Starting off with a distorted synth with sounds of a music box. The earth shaking beat comes in as Kato's velvet like vocals begin to sing the intro. His voice sounds as if he is pleading and desperately attempting to rebuild the relationship he is in fear of loosing. The slow and pondering beat continues this way as he gives us the first verse, medium speed with each line going directly into the next as if it flowed together as one sentence. The chorus brings a soft R&B beat to light as he continues with his soft voice in a steady pace, singing in a semi-high note on the 'Don't you let me go-o-o-o' while prolonging the 'O's'. The flow changes a little on the second verse, Kato singing with sort of a new hope and sort of confidence in his voice, assuring the girl that it won't be easy but they'll get through it. He sings, "I know it hurts right in the beginnin' but/We can get past this, make the right actions/Won't let the world win". The flow of the first verse then comes back into play with the pre-chorus, admitting his friends doubt the relationship will last but he still has hope as he sings, "My friends all say that I'm crazy/And our love's been lost for too long/But I believe in us, I know we are strong/So please, please", his voice again desperately wanting everything to work out. The bridge introduces an acoustic guitar into the mixture as Kato sings with just it playing. He encourages the girl to trust in him and he promises not to let her down, "Just do what I ask, don't feel discouraged/If we can make it through this, we were really meant to last/We knew who we were, before everyone got involved/I've never had no regrets, just wanna give you-u/My all", his voice going high for the 'you-u' note and then back down for 'my all'. Kato's voice then shows a sense of strength as he goes into the chorus for the final time. He sings with a passion to not give up and to fight for his girl. The song ends with the same words sung for the intro and the background vocals of the girl being heard along with Kato's for vocalization. Lyrically, he sings about trying to save his relationship and reminding her about the good times they've had and the obstacles they've had to overcome.

[Lyrics]

[Intro]
Remember when you loved me?
Remember when you trusted me? (Remember?)
Didn't let nobody in between
Why you wanna make a scene?

[Verse 1]
We ain't been right for a minute
You think I should let you go
But my heart aint really in it
We been through this all before
Don't you remember the good times?
Or are you stuck on this mess?
I know you're upset but I don't deserve this
Just please, please

[Chorus]
Please just trust me
And I will trust you
I know it's ugly
But we're so beautiful
You know I love you
Don't be afraid
Cause we can do better
So don't you let me go

Don't you let me go-o-o-o
Don't you let me go
Don't you let me go

[Verse 2]
Everything that we've done till now
Won't be used for another time
We won't be having another fight
We don't need that road again
I know it hurts right in the beginnin' but
We can get past this, make the right actions
Won't let the world win

We ain't been right for a minute
Everything has led up to this
But I won't lose you in this way
Without putting up a fight
My friends all say that I'm crazy
And our love's been lost for too long
But I believe in us, I know we are strong
So please, please

[Chorus]
Please just trust me
And I will trust you
I know it's ugly
But we're so beautiful
You know I love you
Don't be afraid
Cause we can do better
So don't you let me go

[Bridge]
Just do what I ask, don't feel discouraged
If we can make it through this, we were really meant to last
We knew who we were, before everyone got involved
I've never had no regrets, just wanna give you-u
My all
Babe please

[Chorus]
Please just trust me (Just trust me!)
And I will trust you (And I will trust you)
I know it's ugly
But we're so beautiful (We're so beautiful!)
You know I love you (You know I)
Don't be afraid (I love you)
Cause we can do better
So don't you let me go

Don't you let me go (Oh!)
Don't you let me go-o-o-o (Ohh!)
Don't you let me go

Baby please don't let us go-o-o

Remember when you loved me?
Remember when you trusted me?

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 08 July 2013 14:07:02(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 5 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 22/06/2013(UTC), erich hess on 22/06/2013(UTC), Andre Gandra on 22/06/2013(UTC), kandii on 08/07/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 09/07/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#15 Posted : 08 July 2013 17:16:05(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

TRACK 7 : KATO - NO OTHER PLACE

UserPostedImage

Genre: R&B, Pop
Length: 3:50
Written By: Winny Valdez, Arthur Peters, Matthew Haywerd
Produced By: Carter Wright, Rico Love

Song Description
'No Other Place' is the seventh track on the album and keeps the mood in the light stages. Katriel extends his knowledge of relationships in the latter part of the album with the exception of track 11 which he dubs as a track written for the fans. An acoustic led ballad presents itself as the next track on the album. There's an rejuvenating feeling, almost a feeling of the first line he sings of waking up in the morning. His soft voice leads the track with soft and clear vocals. There are no distortions or effects being added, just his voice being heard as the melodic beat plays. The guitar keeps a simple rhythm. The beauty of the track is that there is no trick, it's purely focusing on the message and his vocals.

He stresses the syllables on the middle words, stretching them out as example in the first line, he emphasizes on the 'you' and then on the 'weren't', moving on to the next line quickly and swiftly but keeping his composure in his calm manner. The nice romantic beat follows as he continues into the chorus of the song, with what sounds like an added mix of his vocals for quantity sounds. Although his voice tips on the line of falsetto and tenor, he finds the middle ground being able to switch from high to medium notes. He continues to sing of love and not wanting to leave the side of his beloved and saying how they will escape into their own life with just the two of them, singing'Gotta pull it all together and don't waste no more time/We'll be living our own world, our life (Oh yeah)/Like there's no other place around/(It's just the two of us)', the guitar ceases as you hear the light drumming in the background and he continues on to the next verse.

He sings about how his friends want him to spend time with them when in reality he just wants to be with his girlfriend, saying how they are willing to make up lies in order for him to stay in. 'Everyone is calling me to come on/I don't rush because I know what I want/I can put it off each time, make them angry when I lie/But it's all for you, I just don't feel anything'. The next part of the verse he goes on to sing how he he longs to be with her even when he's away and that he's not far when physically, he cannot be there. There's a reference to her 'loving him' which can be disguised as another word for 'sex'. Wrapping up the second verse, Kato goes into the chorus again, the same emotional feel as the first time but with a little more love. The bridge is slowed down in typical ballad fashion. 'How can I force myself to stay away? /And how will I know that you will do the same?/It's times like these that I need you here, so I don't think the worst/If I could, I would just take you with me but/I'm not that selfish' which can be translated as him being alone and wondering if one day she will walk away when he's gone all the time, and how if he could, he'd take her everywhere but he knows that would be selfish of him and she'd have no life only with him. He hits the last note on the word 'selfish' and goes into the chorus again, ad-libbing in his falsetto voice, almost crooning to the listener. The chorus is sung with more feeling and passion as he ties it altogether, his strong vocals pouring out over the track. The track then fades out while he continues to sing as if nothing else exists in their life but the two of them.

[Lyrics]

[Verse 1]
Each morning I wake up and see you by my side
Can't remember the days when you weren't mine
I'm just tryna take it slow, I get enchanted by your glow
Is it possible? Could I really be in love?
I find myself never wanting to be away from you
Am I crazy? I think so, maybe, don't know what Imma do
I would kill to see you smile, Wanna hear that sexy sound
That escapes your lips, when I do something wrong

[Chorus]
No time exists in between our lips
And that's the way it goes
Yeah what's good for you, is good for me
Nobody else matters
Gotta pull it all together and don't waste no more time
We'll be living our own world, our life (Oh yeah)

Like there's no other place around
(It's just the two of us)
(Something like a fool for your love)
No other place

[Verse 2]
Everyone is calling me to come on
I don't rush because I know what I want
I can put it off each time, make them angry when I lie
But it's all for you, I just don't feel anything
When I'm gone away from you, I'm lonely
Can't nobody make me feel that way when you're loving me
I just hate to see you down, I know I can't always be around
Don't fear, baby I'm always here

[Chorus]
And that's the way it goes
Yeah what's good for you, is good for me
Nobody else matters
We'll be living our own world, our life (Oh yeah)

No other place

[Bridge]
How can I force myself to stay away?
And how will I know that you will do the same?
It's times like these that I need you here, so I don't think the worst
If I could, I would just take you with me but
I'm not that selfish

[Chorus]
And that's the way it goes (It goes)
Yeah what's good for you (good for you), is good for me
Nobody else matters
We'll be living our own world, our life (Oh y-yeah)

No other place

Sounds Like:

TRACK 8 : KATO - ONE OF YOU (FEAT. KAMIKAZE KATE)

UserPostedImage

Released: June 25th, 2013
Genre: PBR&B
Length: 5:24
Written By: Katriel Comyns, Kamikaze Kate
Produced By: Kamikaze Kate

Song Description
'One Of You' is the only song to have been written by Katriel and former mentor Kamikaze Kate, as well as the only track solely written by the singer. It shifts into a different mood and one that can be described as the standout track on the album due to it's lyrics and production. The song begins with a subtle but dreery sound of a guitar in the background as Kato's soft vocals are heard. He sings slowly, dragging out each line but with a purpose and reason in his voice. The slow drums in the background blend in with the electric guitar that can now be clearly heard. As one of Kamikaze Kate's productions, she is also featured in the song, halfway to the end you can hear her vocals, adding her own tone to the song with Kate's screech like singing. Kato describes the song as being about a friend who reportedly chose a girl over him. Kato was obviously upset by this and felt the friendship was over. "It's from the point of view of a guy who has a BFF, real close, and the two guys have this bridge which is 'their place', they've been hanging out there since they were kids. Now they're older and the BFF's got a girlfriend, who means a lot more to him than his friend does now. Which would piss the first guy off, right? He's a nice guy, he tries hard not to be annoyed, because there's only one of his friend. Then he's on the bridge, and he sees the girl cheating. And she tells him to jump. And - he does, because he didn't want to tell his friend that she was cheating, because it would hurt him too much. If that makes any sense. It probably doesn't."

[Lyrics]

Kamikaze Kate

[Verse 1]
Exhibiting myself on the bridge where we used to sit
We'd throw stuff in the river and sometimes you would spit
A pair of local youths pointlessly wasting time there
Girls would walk past giggle and laugh and little we would care

But today I found a display on the ground
Leftovers of someone laying there grunting and groaning
Tried to cover the sound of the lover around
But I was walking past and I heard her dirty moaning
Yeh .... how dare you abuse our bridge

[Chorus]
I should be pissed I know
After seeing such a show
But I don't want to break up what we had and used to do
My cheeks may have turned rouge
This secret may be huge
But there's only one of you

[Verse 2]
So the next day at school I see you hold her tiny hand
I ask you and your girlfriend where this long-term friendship stands
I get no fucking answer you're just looking at the floor
Oh has the end now happened are we kindred souls no more

And tonight I brace with no light on my face
Even in these shadows I can tell that something's coming
I hold my guitar play a bold sad bar
I'm hoping that nobody hears my empty bits of strumming
Yeh .... how dare you choose that bitch

[Chorus]
I should be pissed I know
After seeing such a show
But I don't want to break up what we had and used to do
My cheeks may have turned rouge
This secret may be huge
But there's only one of you

[Bridge]
On the bridge pondering the end
I see her holding another hand
Go past just run before this moronic guy's mind warps
I catch hold of the cheating bitch
Are you here for sex on the bridge
Live fast die young and have a beautiful looking corpse
JUMP!

[Chorus]
I should have lived I know
Should have told her where to go
But I don't want to think about what she would say and do
I may be playing the stooge
This secret may be huge
But I just couldn't hurt you

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 08 July 2013 17:17:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

kandii on 08/07/2013(UTC), erich hess on 08/07/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 09/07/2013(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#16 Posted : 08 July 2013 17:45:07(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Scott: A guy who makes time for his girl over his friends. Mate you just soaked a million pairs of panties. Kudos. Haha. Nah, seriously though, when you joined the industry with that nutcase at first, I was like "who is this little douche?" But you've matured into a great singer, and you can really put a good tune together. Great work so far.

OOC: Nice stuff :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 08/07/2013(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#17 Posted : 08 July 2013 23:46:14(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17932 time(s) in 10423 post(s)
Erich: guys should never have a BFF. Ever. Manhood card,revoked.

Karoliena: really?! You don't have a pic of you and Sam Fischer in your guitar case ? You know the one. You are both holding up sighs. Yours says :" bffs" and his says "4-Eva"

Erich: that's.....different. Sam is adorable and has the Vocals of An angel.

Karoliena: I'll give you adorable. But Kato sings like an angel.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 09/07/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#18 Posted : 09 July 2013 04:35:53(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

TRACK 9 : KATO - ANIMATED

UserPostedImage

Genre: Dancepop, Pop, Dubstep
Length: 4:36
Written By: Katriel Comyns, Rico Love, Layla Raine-Talley
Produced By: Carter Wright, Rico Love, Layla Raine-Talley

Song Description
The next track, 'Animated', shifts the mood of the album to an upbeat, dance mixed with a little dubstep. It follows after a remarkable performance of 'One Of You' with Kamikaze Kate, the turning point of the album before it closes out. Although the lyrical meaning is quite the same, he ventures into sudden unfamiliar territory with an uptempoed song. In the beginning, you can hear sounds of a camera flashing as if it's taking a picture but it's in a quirky little beat pattern which is soon joined by a synthesizer with a hint of guitar. His falsetto tone enters as the camera flashes are still heard in the background.

Each word is slowly sung as if enunciating each word perfectly and in the meantime the drum pattern in the background starts to build up with reverberating sounds. As soon as the chorus kicks in, you can hear what sounds like tribal drums entering the listener's ears while his new vocals are velvet and clean, no distortions. The lyrics suggest that he's tired of living the life of being at home all the time and not being able to enjoy himself when he goes out. He refers to his life as an artist and the craziness of it obviously his girlfriend does not approve. 'I'm stuck in this situation, I try and I try/She thinks if I loved her so bad then I wouldn't put up a fight/She don't know me/I'm not asking for much, just wanna show her to the world/I don't have no other motives, she's my only girl/She wants to do the same thing each night, bu-u-ut'. As his voice get higher, it also has a wave flow to it, a crescendo and then jumps into the chorus again.

Going into the bridge, the sounds of the camera flashes still going strong as well as the synths but the drumming ceases as his voice is in the light falsetto again. He pleads with the girl, saying his life should come as no surprise and that he's going to continue to do what he wants even if it upsets her. 'My life, my life it's no surprise/I want her to share my spotlight/I can't run and hide like she wants me to do'. His voice then ascends as he belts out the ending part of the bridge, which re-introduces the tribal drums and the dubstep features to the song again. It then goes into an instrumental break down for a few seconds with the repition of 'I love the anticipation/(Oh, who-o-o-oa, ohh)/But she can't, she can't/She can't handle all the crazy' which leads to the end of the song, starting as it began with the sounds of the camera flashes.

[Lyrics]

[Verse 1]
I don't like the still, makes me feel like I'm all alone
She don't like the parties, always wanna stay away at home
Every time that I go out it's just another fight
I do everything she asks but never what I like
I just can't sit still at all

[Chorus]
I love anticipation (Oh, who-o-o-oa, ohh)
But she can't, she can't
She can't handle all the crazy (Oh, who-o-o-oa, ohh)
But she can't, she can't
I need to go somewhere else, can't stay here too long
I just hate I gotta do it without you
But I love the animation (Oh, who-o-o-oa, ohh)
I stay, I stay, I stay
I stay animated

[Verse 2]
I'm stuck in this situation, I try and I try
She thinks if I loved her so bad then I wouldn't put up a fight
She don't know me
I'm not asking for much, just wanna show her to the world
I don't have no other motives, she's my only girl
She wants to do the same thing each night, bu-u-ut

[Chorus]
I love anticipation (Oh, who-o-o-oa, ohh)
But she can't, she can't
She can't handle all the crazy (Oh, who-o-o-oa, ohh)
But she can't, she can't
I need to go somewhere else, can't stay here too long
I just hate I gotta do it without you
But I love the animation (Oh, who-o-o-oa, ohh)
I stay, I stay, I stay
I stay animated

[Bridge]
It's not so easy, to do as she pleases
When it means I can't be myself
She knew who I was, and who I would be
I don't understand why it's so hard to believe
My life, my life it's no surprise
I want her to share my spotlight
I can't run and hide like she wants me to do
Oh no, baby no-o-o-o-o-o-o
Oh no, baby no-o-o-o-o-o-o

My life's too animated
I love the anticipation
(Oh, who-o-o-oa, ohh)
But she can't, she can't
She can't handle all the crazy
(Oh, who-o-o-oa, ohh)
And I love the animation
But she can't, she can't
She can't handle all the crazy
(Oh, who-o-o-oa, ohh)

Sounds Like:

TRACK 10 : KATO - HURT ME BAD

UserPostedImage

Released: May 23rd, 2012
Recorded: Los Angeles, California
Genre: Pop, R&B
Length: 3:53
Written By: Katriel Comyns, Rico Love
Producer: Katriel Comyns, Layla Raine, Rico Love

Song Description
Following the success of Kato's second single Guilty Pleasure, the teen sensation is now following up with his third single on his debut album. After almost a month of releasing his last single, Kato teased fans with snippets of lyrics on Twitter and tweeting his feelings and thoughts about the song and whenever he was in the studio recording. Kato has already received numerous praise for the song including from one of the legends in music, Stephanie Fierce who stated he would take over the music scene. The hit single reached #2 on the charts, quickly turning Kato into an overnight sensation. The singles are both common as they both have a new sound to them than his previous debut single One of You which expressed a more heavier rock sound. The new singles have made Kato a name in the R&B and Pop world of music.

Hurt Me Bad was written by Comyns while he was in the studio, recording his album. He states the song is a slower, R&B type song than his last single. Hurt Me Bad is also the second single to be produced by manager Layla Raine and written by Kato and Rico Love who was not credited on the last song. Kato says the song is more of a 'I want you back' song more than a 'breakup' song. The singer talks about being hurt by a past girlfriend who he clearly wants back and to work things out with. He sings of the heartbreak he is facing and the struggle it is for him to move on. Hurt Me Bad uses different elements to bring the song together. The beat is quite simple and you can hear the drums being executed well and is mixed with the electric guitar and Kato's backing vocals for the song. Singing in a duo-toned voice, Kato sings in the louder, audible voice high while the backing voice is sung in a lower tone in a almost reflective way. As he sings the chorus, the guitar is brought in more clearer and the drums remains the same. During the bridge, Kato sings as the drums stop playing and only the melody is heard with the guitar being brought back in. The song ends with the repetition of the beginning vocalization and electric guitar being played, fading out.

Controversy
Many people have speculated this single is a reference to Kato and Isabel's relationship back in 2010. Although the two have been spending much time together, they have denied allegations of being a couple. When asked about the rumor of the reference to Isabel in the song he says, "Imagination can create whatever story it wants. I won't lie, it's definitely about my first love." That was all he had to say about the matter. As the mysterious tweets and random spottings carry on between the two, the imagination of the fans have certainly run wild while this song only adds more gasoline to the confused fire.

[Lyrics]

Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh
Ohh, Ohh

[Verse 1]
It’s been a real long time
Since I been thinkin bout this girl
I tried to give her my world
And I don’t even know what with wrong with it
And my heart breaks for you
Every day
My loving is just something
That you can’t change
And I’m gonna think about the times
That I called you mine

[Chorus]
I’d love you when the sun rises up
My dear, It’s clear
I’d love you till the sun rises up
Holdin to that desperate dream
I’d shout it to the moon, across the stars
Through the galaxy
Been thinkin about you lately
And honestly, I don’t care about your man
But why you had to hurt me bad?

Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh
Ohh, Ohh

[Verse 2]
It’s been a real long time
Since I told you how I felt
I know that I’d be lyin, Oh
If I said that I could let you go
And my heart breaks for you
Every day
My loving is just something
That you can’t change
And I’m gonna think about the times
That I called you mine

[Chorus]
My dear, It’s clear (It’s clear)
Holdin to that desperate dream (Dre-e-eam)
Through the galaxy

Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh
Ohh, Ohh
Hurt me ba-a-a-ad
Ohh, Ohh

[Bridge]
I think it’s plain to see
I want you here with me
Cause not a day goes by babe, where I don’t picture you by my side
But you had to go and hurt me ba-a-a-ad

[Chorus]
My dear, It’s clear
Holdin to that desperate dream
Through the galaxy

Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh
Ohh, Ohh

Till the sun rises up (Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh)
Ohh, Ohh
Why you had to hurt me bad?

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 10 July 2013 07:41:59(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

snap_itshannah on 09/07/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 09/07/2013(UTC), kandii on 09/07/2013(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#19 Posted : 09 July 2013 11:31:19(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: Such a fine selection of songs here. I almost wish this was my album lol. Can't wait to hear the rest! :D

Dominic: Proud of you homie for what you doing with your music. Oh and where my free copy?
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 09/07/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#20 Posted : 10 July 2013 10:14:40(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

TRACK 11 : KATO - IMPRINT

UserPostedImage

Genre: Acoustic Pop
Length: 5:02
Written By: Dominic Brown, Katriel Comyns
Produced By: Carter Wright, Dominic Brown, Layla Raine-Talley, Katriel Comyns

Song Description
The second to last track, 'IMPRINT' focuses on Kato's vocal abilities while showing off his guitar skills as well. Originally admitted from the album, the last minute descion to include the song was from Kato andeventually decided to title his album after it. Immediately, the listener is drawn in by the strums of his guitar, slow and reminiscent of a pop tune. Although it is not over done with synths and keyboards, it doesn't lack the presence of a Pop song with its catchy lyrics and flow. Beginning with his vocals, Kato delivers a soft and rhythmic delivery by singing the chorus first, a switch up from his typical song presentation. He introduces the song to us so that we're in the middle of it already but then sings the first verse to catch us up to speed. His tempo changes as well, slowing down with a linger on certain words such as 'know' and 'it'. While he's quciekning his pace on the bridge, the guitar manages to stay in the same tone, despite the contrast to his voice. He sings very lightly and with almost no emotion but he doesn't come off as boring or monotone at all. The lyrics, which were written majority by Katriel and Dominic together, suggest he is offering advice to a listener who is upset while going on to say his words will leave an imprint on them. Almost sounding cocky in the chorus when he sings, 'You can love me or hate me, but admit that you're thinking/Of my songs when I'm long gone away' also playing on his first single, 'Guilty Pleasure' as he admits that people won't admit they listen to his music but it stays stuck on them unintentionally. Katriel cites this as his message to his fans as their go to song whenever they are in need of a friend, as he sings in the pre-chorus, 'You're feeling blue, you're feeling blue, it's very true, but it ain't worth it/Just take it slow, you never know, what they know, but we ain't perfect/Hold my hand, take my hand, I'm the friend that you need lately (You need lately)/I'll be your armor and the little stuff, that won't phase me'. Keeping his set frame of mind, the song starts to repeat his ideas as he continues to suggest he will leave an imprint with his words.

[Lyrics]

[Chorus]
Cause I'm making my imprint, yeah I'm making an imprint
You'll never forget what I say
You can love me or hate me, but admit that you're thinking
Of my songs when I'm long gone away

[Verse 1]
You don't know yet, what I'll do for you
I can take it, Any harm aimed at you
That's what I'll do, hmm, that's what I'll do
When the time comes, you'll look back and hear, what I said now
You'll know what I said now

You're feeling blue, you're feeling blue, it's very true, but it ain't worth it
Just take it slow, you never know, what they know, but we ain't perfect
Hold my hand, take my hand, I'm the friend that you need lately (You need lately)
I'll be your armor and the little stuff, that won't phase me
Because..

[Chorus]

[Verse 2]
They'll never understand, you and me
A special bond between two people's psyche
All your little secrets, I'll keep
You can say what I say and the day, won't seem so long

You don't know yet, what I'll do for you
I can take it, Any harm aimed at you
That's what I'll do, hmm, that's what I'll do
When the time comes, you'll look back and hear, what I said now
You'll know what I said now

You're feeling blue, you're feeling blue, it's very true, but it ain't worth it
Just take it slow, you never know, what they know, but we ain't perfect
Hold my hand, take my hand, I'm the friend that you need lately (You need lately)
I'll be your armor and the little stuff, that won't phase me
Because...

[Chorus]

Cause I'm making my imprint

[Chorus]

Ooh

Sounds Like:

TRACK 12 : KATO - LITTLE HINTS (FEAT. KOURTNEY)

UserPostedImage

Title:Little Hints (Feat. Kourtney)
Length: 4:30
Genre: Acoustic, Pop
Recorded: Atlanta, Georgia, Toronto, Canada
Released: April 30th, 2013
Written by: Katriel Comyns, Kourtney Steele
Produced by: Carter Wright

Background Information
'Little Hints' is an American single by Pop singers Katriel 'Kato' Comyns and Kourtney Steele. The two first met when on tour for Izzy's concert. Kato attended the last free concert which was located in Colombia, and Kourtney was performing. The two chatted backstage and eventually talk of a collaboration turned into actual studio sessions with the two. Although both share virtually the same musical genres, the two teamed up for their first acoustic single, separately and together. Both Comyns and Steele co-wrote the single together in a matter of 2 weeks as both were busy with other prior engagements before recording. Carter Wright, a seldom known producer, was introduced to the two and established a working relationship with them. The song took another week to record as both were flown out to Canada to finish the final mastering of the song. Kato then promoted the single on Twitter as it became the #1 trending topic World Wide and he then released the single cover which featured Steele's name as a collaborative artist on it. The single was released on Kato's official website on April 30th via a live stream performance with both Kato and Kourtney. He also then expressed his condolences to the families affected by the Boston tragedy and announced all proceeds would go towards aiding and assisting them.

Description
The song begins with a light guitar strum which then turns into the main beat for the song. You can hear Kato as he is vocalizing towards the start of the first verse. Once he begins singing, his voice is light and a little deep to add to the tone of the song. Although it is recognized as an upbeat song, the beginning pans out as a slow pop ballad with his sexy vocals over the guitar. His voice begins to change as he goes into the bridge, singing a little higher and almost with his immature vocals from before. He then goes on to sing the chorus, by himself, and then moves on to Kourtney's verse. Her crisp and raspy vocals appear at the start and then mature in much more airy. She sings with a certain uniqueness as her voice is definitely not one you hear all the time. Her varied range also adds to the song as she sings high notes in the line, "Whatever you want me to say, whatever you want to hear/Ooh boy, I promise that I'll do", ending with a soprano like note. She then joins Kato for the second singing of the chorus as their vocals mix together for the first time. Steele and Comyns have an undeniable chemistry as they are both on the same level or tone and voice range. Steele's ability to lower her voice blends in with Kato's as he differentiates his in order to create harmony. Going into the bridge, Kato gives the feeling of the song almost wrapping up as he stretches out notes and vocalizes a lot more in order to emphasize his proclamation of love to the girl. He then holds a high note at the end of the word, "everything". There's a brief few seconds of just him playing the guitar and you can hear as he switches notes then goes back for another verse, the third and last one. He almost sings as if he feels he has proved his point and now can sit back and watch the outcome. He is joined once again by Kourtney and the two give an amazing performance of harmonies and balance until Kato sings the outro on his own, starting off the way he began with his low, deep, sexy voice until the guitar stops and the song ends.

The song is described as being about two people proclaiming their love for one another and how their relationship is on another level that no one can compare to them. The lyrics also suggest that the couple are completely in love with each other to the point they don't even have to tell others, you can clearly see it from the way they look at each other and speak to one another. In the song, Kato sings about 'not being one to believe in love at first sight' but the girl 'might have changed my mind tonight' as another statement that this song represents his first love ever.

Lyrics

Kourtney

[Verse 1]
I've never been the one to believe in love at first sight
But she might have changed my mind tonight
The way she flips her hair, the way she bats those eyes
I just stop and stare, she just hypnotizes..me
I'm not lying when I say that I have never seen someone as beautiful as you
Whatever you want me to say, whatever you want to hear
Ooh baby, I promise that I'll do

It's the little things she does that make me realize I'm in love

[Chorus]
We don't have to speak out loud
I can hear you from here
We don't need to prove ourselves
Our future's so clear
Touch you just like this, seal it with a kiss
I swear, it's just the little hints

[Verse 2]
When you look my way and smile I know we'll be alright
You'll protect me from harm like my own shinning knight
The way he says my name, the way he goes out his way
I just can't help myself, he's were I want to be
I know loving you won't be a mistake and my heart you wont break
Ooh boy, I promise that I'll do

It's the little things he does that make me realize I'm in love

[Chorus]
I can hear you from here
Our future's so clear

[Bridge]
We are so beyo-o-o-ond this thing called lo-o-o-ove
I'm in love with you, I'm in lust with you
I wanna be by your side, even after I die
And I know, you've heard it all before
But it wasn't me standing at your door
We don't have to rush, I just wanna know what's up?
You don't want the fancy things because I am your everything

[Verse 3]
I'll be the one that always holds you tight
Never take you for granted, I'm your Mr. Right
You don't have to believe me baby
Anything you do will drive me crazy
But I don't wanna leave with you with me
Ooh baby, I promise that I'll do

[Chorus]
I can hear you from here
Our future's so clear

[Chorus]
I can hear you from here
Our future's so clear
Oh-oh girl, it's just the little hints

[Outro]
It's the little things she does
That make me realize our love
All night I'm touching this, sealing it with a kiss
I swear
Ohh, I swear
It's just the little hints
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

erich hess on 10/07/2013(UTC), kandii on 10/07/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 10/07/2013(UTC)