logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1 Posted : 28 April 2013 05:41:40(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
UserPostedImage
TITLE: Like Snakes
ARTIST: Vile Hour (N. Fischer & C. Drake)
GENRE: Alternative rock, punk cabaret, dark cabaret
LENGTH: 3:04

Like Snakes

After their debut album, Common Technicalities, which was a smashing success and said by vocalist Nichole Fischer to me "better than the best sex you've ever had," Vile Hour is coming back with the second single released for their next album to follow up Common Technicalities. Like Snakes continues on the same punk cabaret, dark rock feeling that Vile Hour has become known for over time. Nichole Fischer and drummer, Castor Drake, say that they see no reason to change their sound. "The moment our music starts getting classified as "pop" or "dance" or anything fucking normal like that, we'll change the sound," Castor Drake stated. "But for now, we're about the only punk cabaret band out there, and we're claiming our turf." Since their first album, both Fischer and Drake have gone through many changes. Drake first getting married to Nina Sangria, after it was publicly revealed that he had had a daughter he was keeping secret from his fans and the press. Both his daughter and the marriage were taken with open arms from the public, and the Drake family has continued on with their lives, both parents continuing to make music, and have a (very) short lived TV show around their B-list lives. Nichole Fischer, at the time of the debut album Nichole Shade, had a much more chaotic life following the release of their debut album. After a very popular stint on Celebrity Big Brother, where she was openly intimate with many members of the cast, mostly Erica Hess of The Harlots, she went on to date and later marry Sam Fischer of Acts of Hate. Before that happy ending, many well-documented acts of drama and selfishness happened, including Nichole supposedly making Erica Hess cheat on her then girlfriend, Natalya Dobros, former Lashes member, just to prove that she could, and then scheduling her wedding on the same day of Erica and Natalya's to make everybody choose which wedding to go to. Throughout all of this immaturity, Nichole Fischer and Erica Hess have remained constant friends, and even Natalya Hess and Nichole Fischer have started on friendly terms with one another.

Nichole Fischer has stated that the song Like Snakes was written shortly after Erica Hess was voted off of Celebrity Big Brother. As many people who watched the show remember, Nichole and Erica's relationship when Erica was voted off was very much up-in-the-air, as both girls had shown a lot of intimacy and passion towards each other, but when Erica asked Nichole to be her girlfriend, Nichole refused. Nichole later explained that she had refused her because of Erica Hess' then marriage to the notorious Erich Hess, who is now married to the singer, Ada von Wannemaker.

Quote:
"Erica leaving was actually pretty hard for me to deal with. I mean, I stuck it out, but after she left, I immediately had this thought that I loved her... That sounds crazy, but the moment the door shut behind her, my first thought was, "Oh my god, I'm in love with her." Heh, I do love her, but I love her in the way that you love your sister. Completely unconditional, but in a different way than you love your husband or your... girlfriend. I sat in the bed that Erica and I had slept in all those nights and wrote this song the night that Erica left. I found it a few months later. It's short and sweet, but it captures my emotions of that night perfectly, and I need to share it. That sudden feeling of love... That can't just be something that I've felt. So many people mistaken that feeling of loneliness for love, and I'm sure that's exactly what had happened that night. That's what the song means to me, but that doesn't have to be what the song means to the listener. In fact, I hope it's not. I hope they find their own meaning... And I hope they share it with me.

The song mostly uses a soft, quiet, but very quickly paced piano throughout it. Nichole's emotions explode through her words as she sings in a voice just as soft as the piano, almost in a whisper. Throughout the song, her voice often breaks and sounds scratchy, as if she were very tired or just woken up. Nichole did this on purpose to give the song the same feeling that she had when she was writing the song very late at night. Her voice starts growing a sort of confidence as she continues into the 2nd verse, Castor Drake coming in with the drums to keep a calm, steady beat. As Nichole's voice gets stronger and stronger, so does the piano, until, by the end of the song at "But you can't find your way out of me," she's practically screaming the lyrics in the Vile Hour way that we've all come to know and love. There's a short instrumental break as the piano and drums have a sort of orgy of beautiful sound, before coming back down again in the same quiet, soft melody they were playing in the before time. Nichole whispers the very last line of the song, and the piano plays a final note before fading out.

Your tomorrow is raining all over my today
And it's hard to hear that it's over, you say
But it's love
It's love

And the moonlit cracks on our window
Leave spins of light in the dust
You gather your things in the fluoro-lit night
And I think I'll be alirght

You could tell me anything
And I'd believe it
You're so sure of your own heart
Your heart
But it's love
It's love

I shed people like snakes shed skin
I'm not proud of it, I'm not proud
But you can't find your way out of me

I shed people like snakes shed skin

SOUNDS LIKE & THE CULTURE UNCUT ARTICLE ON THE SONG:
thanks 8 users thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 28/04/2013(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 28/04/2013(UTC), Walton on 28/04/2013(UTC), mebeme101 on 28/04/2013(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 28/04/2013(UTC), kandii on 28/04/2013(UTC), erich hess on 29/04/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 29/04/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2 Posted : 28 April 2013 05:52:45(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: Always love your lyrics :) I can imagine them being real-like lyrics you know? Lol sounds weird the way I typed it. Sounded better in my head actually.

Honor: Well this is a little catchy tune. Screw what others say about Nichole, she's a boss!
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#3 Posted : 28 April 2013 05:57:45(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
Billie: I'm really a big fan of your work. This song is pretty good.
UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
Offline snap_itshannah  
#4 Posted : 28 April 2013 06:01:06(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
OOC: Always love your lyrics :) I can imagine them being real-like lyrics you know? Lol sounds weird the way I typed it. Sounded better in my head actually.

Honor: Well this is a little catchy tune. Screw what others say about Nichole, she's a boss!

OOC: Thank you so much. :) That means a lot to me.

Nichole: Thank you so much, Honor. Tha-- Wait... Wait, what do other people say about me?
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 28/04/2013(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#5 Posted : 28 April 2013 06:02:27(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Billie: I'm really a big fan of your work. This song is pretty good.

Castor: Thanks, man. You're awesome.
Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 28/04/2013(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#6 Posted : 28 April 2013 06:05:31(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Scott RH: Sometimes I look at you two and think you seem like Marilyn Manson's wet dream. However, I fucking love you. Unique and dramatic. It is glorious. Untouchable.

Natalya: If I am closing my eyes and pretending you are not singing about my wife I will have to say....this song is beautiful.

Ooc: Love your lyrics.these are great as always.
UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#7 Posted : 28 April 2013 06:11:45(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Scott RH: Sometimes I look at you two and think you seem like Marilyn Manson's wet dream. However, I fucking love you. Unique and dramatic. It is glorious. Untouchable.

Natalya: If I am closing my eyes and pretending you are not singing about my wife I will have to say....this song is beautiful.

Ooc: Love your lyrics.these are great as always.

Nichole: Unique and dramatic are the biggest compliment you can give to us, Scott. Thank you so much. And Natalya... I know. I'm sorry. But I assure you that this is all old news, all of it. Erica is only a sister to me.

OOC: Thank you so much.
Offline mebeme101  
#8 Posted : 28 April 2013 06:11:47(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Alex: Simply amazing this track is just amazing the lyrics are perfect the sound is perfect I love it great job

ooc: Really great job on all of this! :)
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#9 Posted : 28 April 2013 06:17:09(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Alex: Simply amazing this track is just amazing the lyrics are perfect the sound is perfect I love it great job

ooc: Really great job on all of this! :)

Nichole: Thank you so much, Alex. You're my favorite. ;)

OOC: Thank you, darling!
User is suspended until 28/07/4752 18:55:55(UTC) Walton  
#10 Posted : 28 April 2013 06:17:46(UTC)
Walton

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1998 time(s) in 1105 post(s)
Serenity Scott: I adore this and all of the rest of Vile Hour's work. The lyrics, the sound, and the message of this is just incredible. Great! ;)

OOC: Excellent excellent excellent! This is your best work yet! :)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#11 Posted : 28 April 2013 06:24:09(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Serenity Scott: I adore this and all of the rest of Vile Hour's work. The lyrics, the sound, and the message of this is just incredible. Great! ;)

OOC: Excellent excellent excellent! This is your best work yet! :)

Nichole: Mwah! Thank you so much, Serenity. You know you're my idol. :)

OOC: Thank you so much. I think I'm finally starting to get a handle on this... :)
Walton on 28/04/2013(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#12 Posted : 28 April 2013 09:02:59(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Chloe: Wow this is really different and very compelling. Stellar work by a stellar band :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline snap_itshannah  
#13 Posted : 28 April 2013 13:10:04(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Chloe: Wow this is really different and very compelling. Stellar work by a stellar band :)

Castor: Thank you, Chloe. Although I don't think Nichole would ever admit it, she listens to your music on repeat, so I'm sure she's jumping with joy right now.
Offline snap_itshannah  
#14 Posted : 29 April 2013 02:01:53(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Yeah it's really short and all but I tried lol

Vile Hour - Like Snakes

UserPostedImage

Who are Vile Hour?

Almost everyone knows who Vile Hour is by now however if you don't here's a short introduction they're a punk cabaret band that consist of members Nichole Fischer and Castor Drake musically you should know them for having three amazing singles a number 1 album and being nominated for two Chaos Awards (Best Newcomer and Best Indie/Alternative) and if you don't know them for that Nichole also appeared on the third season of Celebrity Big Brother which was probably the biggest season to happen yet she had placed 3rd on it after a pretty god run it was clear she was one of the more popular contestants

The review

Anyway on to the song now so this song was written by Nichole Fischer she wrote this song back on Celebrity Big Brother after Erica got voted off and decided to release this as their fourth single the song is so full of emotion and has a very beautiful instrumental the lyrics are absolutely brilliant probably some of the best I've heard in awhile but that's to no surprise at all as pretty much all of the lyrics that come from this band are amazing the instruments all go together perfectly with each other and with Nichole's voice which is amazing she does a beautiful job on this song the song is so different from modern day music which mostly consist of pop or dance and that's great and all but it's refreshing to hear something else for a change and that is what probably makes me love it so much more it's original and beautiful and I really hope that Vile Hour keeps this originality going because I love it

Final thoughts

This is an amazingly beautiful song that is very original and different from todays music if you're open minded to different genres of music then I'd say give this song a listen because it's really great and the band are really talented and seem like very cool people

Rating

UserPostedImage

- Brandon Grey
mebeme101 on 29/04/2013(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#15 Posted : 29 April 2013 08:28:59(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17919 time(s) in 10412 post(s)
erica: this is...beautiful.it really is.its such a perfect song for that...time of our lives. i would be lying if i said this song did not make me cry.the lyrics and nichole's vocals...it takes me right back to that time. though it hurt like hell,i am glad life went the way it did. nichole and i are closer than we ever could be as lovers....plus i am pretty sure she loves sam like crazy. i know my natycakes hung the moon.

nina:plus,it'd be so bloody weird if i married castor,and nichole and erica were together. that is just too close to inbreeding.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline snap_itshannah  
#16 Posted : 29 April 2013 12:24:56(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
erica: this is...beautiful.it really is.its such a perfect song for that...time of our lives. i would be lying if i said this song did not make me cry.the lyrics and nichole's vocals...it takes me right back to that time. though it hurt like hell,i am glad life went the way it did. nichole and i are closer than we ever could be as lovers....plus i am pretty sure she loves sam like crazy. i know my natycakes hung the moon.

nina:plus,it'd be so bloody weird if i married castor,and nichole and erica were together. that is just too close to inbreeding.

Nichole: :) thank you so much for seeing it like that, Eri. I knew you would understand that I'm not trying to bring back old emotions... I'm just acknowledging that they were once there... Please explain that to Natalya.
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#17 Posted : 29 April 2013 12:29:19(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: You two are quite different from any other artists and I gotta say, it really works for ya. I've been amazed with your work since the beginning and to show it, I've been spreading the word about your music. You deserve all of what success has to offer and then some. I hope life continues to be kind. :)
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

Offline erich hess  
#18 Posted : 29 April 2013 12:32:01(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17919 time(s) in 10412 post(s)
erica:i am sure she understands. she knows she has me,100%. i wouldnt change the past of erica and nichole for anything in the world.i doubt we'd be as close as we are,if we didnt shate those....emotions.i hope this song does very well for you!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline snap_itshannah  
#19 Posted : 29 April 2013 12:32:21(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Kourtney: You two are quite different from any other artists and I gotta say, it really works for ya. I've been amazed with your work since the beginning and to show it, I've been spreading the word about your music. You deserve all of what success has to offer and then some. I hope life continues to be kind. :)

Nichole: Thank you so much, Kourtney. That means so much to us that not only you like out music, but you share it with other people. That's the best thing you could ever do for us. :)

Castor: By the way, my daughter absolutely worships you, Kourtney. Your biggest fan, I would say.
Princess_Valentine on 29/04/2013(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#20 Posted : 29 April 2013 12:34:55(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
erica:i am sure she understands. she knows she has me,100%. i wouldnt change the past of erica and nichole for anything in the world.i doubt we'd be as close as we are,if we didnt shate those....emotions.i hope this song does very well for you!

Nichole: Thank you so much, Eri... I hope this song does well for us as well. It's probably the most emotionally real song I've written since Nothing Quite Like Love... :)