logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#1 Posted : 02 August 2011 02:12:42(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
The anticipated sophomore album for Rock artist Lily is finally here. The album she calls the 'Judgement' album for herself. Will the wait be worth it or will Lily's album be judged poorly? You be the judge.

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Length: 41:25
Released: August 1, 2011
Recorded: Chicago, Illinois
Cover Art: Michelle Hartman
Genre: Rock/Gothic Rock/Symphonic Metal
Label: Chaos Records
Producers: Justin N.
Phil N.
Taylor Asbridge

Personnel
Lily Abbot – Lead Vocals, Piano, Keyboards, Harp
Taylor Asbridge – Producer, Lead Guitar (Roses in the Boulevard)
Amy Meyer – Lead/Backing Vocals, Writer (Weightless)
Howie D. - Drums, Bass
David Campbell – String Arrangements
Justin N. - Producer. Writer
Phil N. - Producer, Writer, Violinist, Harp

1. Don’t Listen To A Word You’ve Heard (3:10)

Description: The song starts off with Lily speaking. You can hear noises in the background like children laughing, waves crashing, cars driving, someone speaking on a megaphone, loud horns and sirens. As she begins singing, you hear an acoustic guitar and a piano being played and Lily sings in a normal voice, that is not too high and not too low. The tempo stays the same throughout the entire song. As Lily sings the last lines and goes back to speaking, the guitar and piano fade and the noises from the beginning start to play and keep playing until the song fades out. This song talks about the importance of not believing everything you hear and being aware of the lies the government tells to make themselves seem like the good guys. A very opinionated, maybe factual, song.

"I wrote this song because it needed to be said. I know many people have talked about it and mentioned the same things as me but I just like to reiterate the fact that the government is a force that can't be trusted most of the time. They've lied and stolen from us and we're supposed to trust them with our lives? Sometimes drastic measures have to be taken and defying the government is one of them."

2. Acid (3:03)

Description: The song starts with water drips being heard in the distance. The sound starts to get louder and louder until it stops and Lily's vocals kick in. She sings softly with a mesmerizing tone hitting high notes when needed. As she sings the chorus, her voice gets higher and more aggressive. When she starts to sing the second verse, the tone of the song changes. She sings softly again and a guitar kicks in ass he sings the chorus. The music stops when she sings the bridge and picks up at the end when she finishes. The song is about Lily's tongue. She talks about how her words were compared to Acid or a Knife because she speaks so boldly. She also states that "One day these precious words to me will start to turn on me, The moment I'll never see it coming"

"It's a true song what more can i say? I'll probably forever always be mostly known as the chick who always has something to say and doesn't give a damn what she says or who she says it to. It's the way I've always been and it's one of my best features. Going through life with 'Yes Men' is a terrible way to live. I'm not a 'Yes Man or Woman' so I'll always give my honest opinion. I admit, sometimes i say things that probably could've been said nicer or not said at all but then again that would take away from my whole identity wouldn't it?"

3. No Longer What You Require (3:55)

Description: The song starts off with Lily’s voice sound low and raspy. As she sings, her voice starts to pick up and gets higher and you can hear some chanting in the background. As she sings the pre-chorus, drums start to kick in and then a guitar with bass. Lily sings the chorus in a soprano voice, going back down into a low voice as she sings ‘I’m No Longer What You Require’. When the bridge starts, the chanting stops and she sings back in soprano hitting high notes when needed and holding the last note as the music picks back up and she sings the chorus. The guitar holds it’s note as she sings the last part of the song and a small laugh can be heard. The song talks about being with someone who just loses interest in you. She’s almost apologizing in a sarcastic tone saying she’s sorry that she’s no longer what he requires.

"I wrote this song like some years ago I just never released it until now. It was inspired by a friend who was married and then all of a sudden he just turns into some monster and leaves her. We talked about it and I made a joke saying that she was no longer what he required anymore and hence that's how writing started. So Grace this song is for you!"

4. Roses In the Boulevard ft. Taylor Asbridge (4:05)

Description: The song starts off with a soft guitar playing and Lily’s voice fits right in with it. She sings softly and low while slowly picking up in the chorus. By the second verse, you can hear drums, violins, and a keyboard and her voice gets higher. Towards the end of the song, there is a 15 second guitar solo with Lily vocalizing over them. At the end of the song, you can hear what sounds like a church bell going off. The song is talking about a young, new love between two people who have finally come to realize they love each other. This is the continuation of Gravity of Love.

"I wrote this song for of course the used to be couple of Amy Meyer and Callum Williams. I got the idea from Callum while we were talking one day so I wrote the song and decided to ask Taylor Asbridge for help on the song because it was missing something. I mean you can't have a song about a Dead Roses member without having one of them in the song. Plus I'm a huge Dead Roses fan so it was a honor. I think it was a perfect combo and the song is beautiful and one of my album favorites."

5. Walk With Me (3:43)

Description: The song starts off with drums being played and Lily singing the first verse. As she sings the pre-chorus, the tempo changes completely and a piano starts to play as she sings the first half of the chorus then the rest of the music kicks in and she holds the first note while singing 'Walk with me'. The music stops and the drums keep playing as she sings the next verse. The tempo changes again when she sings the pre-chorus. Her voice stays in the soprano range throughout the remaining of the song. The song tells a story of a girl who goes through different tragedies in her life but through it all she remains true to herself and she manages to overcome them to become someone great.

"Walk With Me is of course about my life. I overcame many obstacles to get where I am today and It's made me who i am and it's made me stronger than ever and I have become someone great. I'm telling my listeners to take this journey with me to the end. You know I've gone through some things and I've been kind of changed by them but I want this album to be like a guide through my life so they can experience and understand why i am the way i am. It's no way me trying to get people to feel sorry for me because that's the last thing i want to do. I have too much pride to throw myself a pity party or let someone else do it. It's an emotional song and I think my fans will enjoy it."

6. Weightless ft. Amy Meyer (4:35)

Description: The song starts off with a piano being played as Amy starts singing the first part of the first verse. As Lily sings, the song starts to pick up and then goes back to it's previous slow start when Amy sings. As Lily sings the pre-chorus, you can hear violins being played and then drums and a guitar kick in when the chorus is being sung. Lily maintains a high soprano like voice throughout the entire song until the end part. She then sings with a low voice and her voice is echoing. You can also hear an eerie noise as Lily stops talking. Amy sings with a sort of raspiness and anger to her voice which gives the song more feeling. The song talks about being numb or weightless to the pain of the real world and almost feeling as if there's nothing you can do to erase the feeling.

"I wrote this song with Amy Meyer while I was on tour. The song is meant to have an eerie, angry feeling to it. Amy's vocals are amazing and her writing skills are incredible. We each wrote our own verses and parts in the songs and It came along great. She's an amazing artist and there's not many people I say that about. She has true talent and I know shes a true artist. She's really all about making music and more people should be like her. But anyway, the song is talking about having a sense of numbness. It's like saying you've been hurt so many times or you've counted on someone over and over again that you can't really get hurt by it anymore. You've numbed yourself and you can't feel anything anymore and it's scary to not feel anything anymore. I'd rather feel anything, pain, fear, envy, than feel absolutely nothing for the rest of my life."

7. Oh Mother (4:00)

Description: The song starts with a soft violin playing that leads to more violins and a piano. Lily's voice is tender and emotional yet frustrated. The tempo remains the same throughout the whole song and Lily once again shows off her vocal range and skills. She sings about how her mothers relationship has become worse. She sings about the old times they used to have when she would love her like a mother does.

”It's sort of like a memoir I guess. Going down memory lane you could call it. I talk about my mother and the way we used to be and how it got worse and worse as time went on. I think we have a damaged relationship that can't be fixed anymore and we're both too stubborn to want to fix it. I had doubts about doing the song but It was there and I was ready to sing so boom it happened.”

8. Comfort In Emptiness (3:16)

Description: The song begins with a guitar playing and then the drums kick in. Lily begins singing the first verse with a sense of peacefulness in her voice. While she sings the pre-chorus, there is an echo but a male singing it. They both continue to sing together while singing the chorus and then she sings alone in the next verse. As the bridge is sung, there is a gong you can hear being hit and Lily starts to sing in an opera like voice which then turns into a sort of raspy voice as she holds the note. The song talks about being content with being alone and that it doesn't seem like a bad thought anymore.

”Being lonely isn't always necessarily a bad thing you know? If it's all you know then why would you want to change that? I guess I wrote this song when I was having one of my 'low' days. I always write based on what i'm feeling at the moment or have felt. It wasn't hard to make this song because it wasn't a thought song, as I call them, it was an experience., Those are the best songs sometimes, experiences.”

9. Hollow Men (2:58)

Description: The song starts off with a man whispering softly. He keeps whispering and it gets faster and louder and it becomes clear he's whispering Lily's name. The whispering stops and Lily starts singing then complete silence lasts for 5 seconds. Lily then sings the next line while screaming it. The music stops again and Lily sings in a low, deep voice, the pre-chorus. At the end of the song, Lily is repeating Hollow Men until the song fades away and the whispering starts again. The song is about putting your trust in men who say they are always gonna be there and they end up disappointing you. It also can be seen as a song about how men aren't as strong as they seem or a recollection on Lily's childhood with the men in her life.

”Hollow Men is probably the most theatrical song on here. It's very dramatic and kind of exaggerated to make a point. A hollow man is someone who is empty. They make promises they don't keep, they lie, they give you false hope, they make life more complicated than it is. Growing up I had a lot of these hollow men in my life and most people do. They are yes men, they tell you what you want to hear and it screws you up. It's just another one of those songs I guess.”

10. Don't Follow My Footsteps (4:55)

Description: The song starts off with a guitar riff and drums kick in to complete the beat with an added keyboard and later a piano is also heard. In this song, it seems as if Lily is saying the words rather than singing them. She has an unusual tone to her voice that makes her sound as if she is happy in a weird way. She belts out the last line of the chorus, ”So Don't You Follow My Footsteps Darling, Take Your own Way. Don't You Follow My Footsteps Darling, If You Wanna See Another Day.” At the end of the song, you can hear Lily give a small sign and heavy footsteps are heard walking away as the song fades.

”I wrote this as if I was talking to my future children. I don't want them to go down the paths i've gone down, pretty simple concept. I thought it would make the song better if I talked the song out and sung the last line of the chorus. It gives it more feeling to it. I also think the echoing effect makes it sound more creepy which is always enjoyable to me. It's a powerful song and I use powerful vocals also. The song almost made me lose my voice.”

11. Conversations With My 13 Year Old Self (3:45)

Description: The song starts off with a drum solo and then Lily starts singing the first verse as the rest of the instruments kick in including guitars, and an organ being played through the middle. Lily sings as though she were yelling and angry while also sad at the same time. As she sings the end of each verse, the music slows down and then stops as she sings the last line then the music kicks back in while she sings the chorus. She sings it in a normal voice and then goes back to her angry, yelling voice when singing the next verse. There is also a violin solo after the bridge. At the end, she belts out the few lines, holding long notes and vocalizing and she manages to speak the last line of the song. This is a good song for Lily because it shows her strong voice that blows people away all the time. She literally pours emotions into this song.

”The title says it basically. It's a conversation I would have with my 13 year old self because that's when I started thinking about singing and the band and I met Cash, Eli, and Ben. This is when I say it all really started. I thought this was the proper way to end my album. It's almost like the theme of the album because without this song I don't think the album would be complete or make sense. That's my view.”

Buy on iTunes

Buy on Amazon.com

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline Laurelles1  
#2 Posted : 02 August 2011 02:17:00(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
Jason: Hell yes! This is brilliant. This is one of the best rock albums that I have heard in a long, long time. Awesome!
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline genocidal king  
#3 Posted : 02 August 2011 02:18:30(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Scott H: Thumbs up! Woot woot! This should go freaking diamond!

ooc: Nicely done :) I like how it changes between the descriptions and Lily's thoughts on each song.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 02/08/2011(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#4 Posted : 02 August 2011 02:20:41(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Cassie: I love me some Lily! Let me go get this right now.

DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
Offline Mckenzie-  
#5 Posted : 02 August 2011 02:22:21(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
Lily: In one word; Hot, fellow Lily.

OOC: I actually really enjoyed reading that, each song is different!
retired x
thanks 1 user thanked Mckenzie- for this useful post.
Offline C4AJoh  
#6 Posted : 02 August 2011 02:24:01(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8589 time(s) in 2692 post(s)
Amy: Woooooooooooooo we've got a rock revolution here, I freaking love this so much, I plan to never stop listening to this, A perfect record in my opinion, Wooooo Go Lily!!!
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Offline erich hess  
#7 Posted : 02 August 2011 02:43:29(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17932 time(s) in 10423 post(s)
Erica: lovely,just lovely.

Nina: you sound like someone's mum,love.you sure you arent thinking of phil collins's latest? Nobody uses the word " lovely",aside from old folks.

Erica: it's called "class", something you obviously know nothing about.

Nina: class,eh? Is that what you're calling it,love? Whatever helps you sleep at night,i guess. You think lily is into girls,she seems kinda man angry.

Erica: i doubt it.so calm down.

Nina:*sighs* a girl can hope,right? Still,its a cracking good album.

Erica: for sure.its like being on the losing end of wrestling a donkey.it is a tour de fucking force.

Nina: donkey wrestling??? The japanese ARE a strange people.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#8 Posted : 02 August 2011 03:00:39(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erica: lovely,just lovely.

Nina: you sound like someone's mum,love.you sure you arent thinking of phil collins's latest? Nobody uses the word " lovely",aside from old folks.

Erica: it's called "class", something you obviously know nothing about.

Nina: class,eh? Is that what you're calling it,love? Whatever helps you sleep at night,i guess. You think lily is into girls,she seems kinda man angry.

Erica: i doubt it.so calm down.

Nina:*sighs* a girl can hope,right? Still,its a cracking good album.

Erica: for sure.its like being on the losing end of wrestling a donkey.it is a tour de fucking force.

Nina: donkey wrestling??? The japanese ARE a strange people.

Lily: You two never cease to keep me laughing :) Thanks to everyone for their comments. I'm really happy about this album. Possibly more than my first.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
erich hess on 02/08/2011(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#9 Posted : 02 August 2011 03:41:28(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17932 time(s) in 10423 post(s)
Nina: we like you,lily.* looks around sneaky like* .....okay,its clear.

Erica: play your cards right,lily and we'll let you in on our pudding racket. You see,we all get old. Its a fact of life and Chances are our bitch ass kids are going to put us in a retirement home. So nina and myself are going to make sure all pudding cups go through us.

Nina: pudding cups are to old people as ciggarettes are to prisoners. Think about it,love ,a carton of smokes can buy you a sex slave in prison.in your twilight years,a case of pudding can get you a new hip,a pair of dentures and a bob hope t shirt.

Erica: old people are all about value.anyways,give it some thought,and get back to us in a couple decades.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Offline FiveT  
#10 Posted : 02 August 2011 04:29:00(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
Mariah: Going to buy my copy on iTunes! You're so talented!! x

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
thanks 1 user thanked FiveT for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#11 Posted : 02 August 2011 04:34:04(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: FiveT Go to Quoted Post
Mariah: Going to buy my copy on iTunes! You're so talented!! x

Lily: Thanks Mariah :D
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Andre Gandra  
#12 Posted : 02 August 2011 04:38:01(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Yulia: This is going to be a great Epic Rock album! I'm in love with it!
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#13 Posted : 02 August 2011 06:53:21(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post
Yulia: This is going to be a great Epic Rock album! I'm in love with it!

Lily: I hope so Yulia, thanks :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Famouss7x7  
#14 Posted : 05 August 2011 04:16:12(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Brittany: Ohhhhh shiiiiiiiizzzz, that artwork is epicccc. I also love the album hun :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#15 Posted : 05 August 2011 05:24:24(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Lily: Thanks Brittany.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Famouss7x7  
#16 Posted : 05 August 2011 05:27:39(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post

Brittany: I hope you don't hate me, since you know, you said I was being treated better then everyone else on the label, that isn't true! ;X
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#17 Posted : 05 August 2011 05:29:42(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post

Brittany: I hope you don't hate me, since you know, you said I was being treated better then everyone else on the label, that isn't true! ;X

Lily: Oh I don't hate you but I still stand by my statement.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Famouss7x7  
#18 Posted : 05 August 2011 05:31:57(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post

Lily: Oh I don't hate you but I still stand by my statement.

Brittany: True, people can stand by their statements even if its a bit false and I'm not exactly signed to the label. But best of luck with your album, I'll be buying my copy soon !
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage