logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 06 February 2011 23:08:36(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8536 time(s) in 2673 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Released: February 13, 2011
Format: CD Single, Digital Download
Recorded: Viewpoint Studios, Elizabethtown, Indiana
Genre: Alternative Rock
Length: 3:12
Label: Cosmic Records!
Writer: Brandon Caulfield
Producer: JR Rhythm, Brandon Caulfield

Song Description
The song opens with 3 loud drum beats, then quickly followed by a soft whisper from Brandon, “Your Everything Until Your Nothing.” then quickly accompanied by bass and guitar and before you know it, the song is in full swing.
You can feel the emotion in Caulfield’s voice when he’s singing and you can picture him in anguish with his hands running through his hair, and then at a break in the sound at around the 1:13 mark, everything goes silent briefly before, a piano intro provided by Sarah Jade Harrison, she also provides a windy-operatic type backing vocal, repeating the line whispered at the start of the song, “Your Everything Until Your Nothing.”
Caulfield sings with raw emotion but with a gritty backdrop and a hint of anger in his voice, it’s an extremely different vocal from what we’re used to hearing in music, it has the snarl and anger of Bruce Springsteen in Born In The USA, with the vulnerability of Paul Westerberg in Here Comes A Regular mix in with the emotion of Damien Rice on Cannonball. It’s something to behold.

The song is about loneliness and frustration a theme that we’re all too familiar with and a theme that regularly creeps up throughout his album. Questions are posed in songs all the time and the obvious question in this song appears to be why do we have to grow old and lose the things we loved about our youth, as Brandon puts it himself, “How come the older you get the more detached from the naivety you had when you were growing up, How do you keep that spark?”
The first single from the album is certainly worth a listen!

Music Video
The video that accompanies the song, follows a young man around the age of 27 on a journey. He starts of sitting on his bed writing something on a notepad, he then looks around his room and sees his Laptop, TV, Mobile Phone and Ipod, he looks down at the floor and then searches through a box to find a photo of him with kissing a young girl, they’re both around 16 in the photo. He then puts the photo in his pocket and heads downstairs and out of the front door.
It’s raining and it’s dark, he sits at a bench and looks at the photo once more, he then stands from the bench and starts walking as the weather starts to get worse, he continues walking, no people in sight and he heads into a wooded area, surrounded by trees and nature and he continues walking and walking through the woods for the majority of the song.
As the song draws to a close the man is finally at the end of the wooded area and is met by a blinding light and the image of the girl in the photo, she smiles and waves at him and as he goes to move closer to her, she disappears.
The video then switches to the guy sitting on a bench in a cemetery, looking at a gravestone with the name of the girl written on it, he looks down at the photo and a tear drops onto it, he then stands up and places the photo on the floor next to the gravestone, surrounded by dead flowers.

Personel
Brandon Caulfield - Vocals, Guitar, Songwriter, Producer
Sarah Jade Harrison - Piano, Backing Vocals
Scotty Morgan - Guitar
Anthony Brown - Drums
JR Rhythm - Producer
Ellis Greene - Cover Photography

Edited by user 06 February 2011 23:09:54(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline GirlSpice  
#2 Posted : 06 February 2011 23:29:47(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Glamazon: Emotion and anger... that's my kinda song! Amazing as always and I love the simplicity of the video, killer. ;)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 06 February 2011 23:37:54(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Brandon: Thank you, I'm glad you like it.
Offline infinite135  
#4 Posted : 07 February 2011 02:48:12(UTC)
infinite135

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 157 post(s)
I'm anxiously awaiting your debut album, and this single is only elevating my expectations. The song is beautiful, and the video is stunning. Incredible job, mate!

-Eric Quillington
Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Kurt Ulysses - Songwriter, Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Eric Quillington (Deceased) - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano, Primary Lyricist
Matt Roberts - Bass
Greg Oldson - Drums, Backup Vocals, Secondary Lyricist
Amelia Florentine - Keyboards, Piano, Lyricist, Backup Vocals

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 07 February 2011 02:49:14(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Brandon: Wow, thanks. I find this attention all very overwhelming. Thanks for the support.
Offline troy211619  
#6 Posted : 08 February 2011 22:07:36(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
"Truly a great song, I love the chemistry of your music, lyrics, and especially your voice which is very haunting in a good way. Out of all the newer artists, you are my favorite. I'm eager to hear more from you Mr. Cautfield"
-Troy Mascenon

(OOC:Hope you guys didn't forget me!)
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 09 February 2011 06:08:06(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Brandon: Thanks Troy. That means a lot.

OOC: Of course we didn't :D
Offline Moquel  
#8 Posted : 09 February 2011 07:09:59(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
" Amazing song, art and so much talent. Love the single!"
- Radio Vine
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#9 Posted : 09 February 2011 07:42:17(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Brandon: Thank you Ms. Vine. Wow, I'm so humbled that people firstly wanna hear my music and secondly they actually like it, Thanks so much for your kind words and support, it blows my mind. Again thanks.
Offline Andre Gandra  
#10 Posted : 09 February 2011 11:02:52(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Magie: I like it, very tragic - romantic, I mean all this angry with the idea of losing a young love which is at the same time so sweet and softly! good song, good sad video! Congrats.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
Offline C4AJoh  
#11 Posted : 09 February 2011 17:57:43(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Brandon: Wow, thanks Magie. It's kinda what I was going for, I'm glad you like it. And thanks again everyone for your kind words. My mind is officially blown. Thank you.