logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 11 September 2013 21:18:57(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8536 time(s) in 2673 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: Wild Young Things
Release Date: September 22, 2013
Recorded: March 2013 – September 2013 – (Capitol Studios, Los Angeles, California) – (Half-Moon Studios, Las Vegas, Nevada)
Genres: Pop-Punk, Alternative Rock, Pop-Rock, Emo, Rock
Length: 67:43
Label: North Hill Records
Producers: Riot! In The Boulevard, Avil Hartman, Julian Morello

‘Wild Young Things’ is the fourth studio album from American rock group ‘Riot! In The Boulevard’ and fifth overall album to be released by the well-known rock band. The album was produced by all members of Riot! In The Boulevard, Avil Hartman and Julian Morello and it was recorded on and off from March to September 2013, making it the longest recording process for an album from the young pop-punk outfit in their three years as a professional band. It is the follow-up from 2012’s ‘Crossroads’ which became the bands third best-selling album to date, selling five million copies worldwide and taking the bands record sales to over twenty million in just three years.
Unlike previous albums from the band, ‘Wild Young Things’ was recorded at two studios, the first being Capitol Studios in Los Angeles, California where the band recorded their debut and sophomore albums and the second being a custom built recording studio called Half-Moon Studios which is owned by the young band and located in their hometown of Las Vegas, Nevada. The album which has been talked about for a number of months already, stretches over eighteen songs, making it the biggest record that they’ve recorded so far, will finally see an anticipated release date worldwide on September 22, 2013 through ‘North Hill Records’.

Background & Recording;
Towards the end of 2012 saw the release of Riot! In The Boulevard’s third studio album ‘Crossroads’, it marked yet another large milestone in the short careers of the five musicians from Vegas as it followed their previous two studio albums and their fairly recent at the time live album and went to number one, the album spawned three singles and two of which went to number one but more importantly the album saw the band take the step up to the next level as they announced that they would be heading on their first ever headlining world tour in 2013, they announced a 93 date tour spanning across five legs, which would see the band set off in January and finish in September, it was a bold move for a band that’s oldest member was only 21 at the time but the tour sold out within hours, a clever move as tickets for one of the most celebrated bands in recent years were priced at just $20 per person, even more surprising was the fact that meet and greet packages were priced so low at just $45 per person. But the band have been repaid for such low prices as merchandise sales went to insane levels, the overall financial intake for the entire Crossroads World Tour is believed to be over $250 million. However, fans were worried that the magnitude of the tour could take its toll on the band but their fears were allayed as Riot! often spoke about the new material that they were working on and the future album ahead.

It wasn’t always easy for Riot! to find time to work on new material, but they continued to be incredibly productive during their downtime from the tour, taking any spare time that they got to head into a recording studio to work on their very next album. This led to Riot! In The Boulevard demoing some new songs during their early breaks from their 2013 world tour, the first of these ‘Demo Sessions’ began with an intensive week long run-through of approximately twenty four songs during the final week of March. Only three of those songs made it out of those first demo sessions, but the band continued to write new songs while on the tour and as the next batch of studio time arrived in April, they now had another six songs to work on, two of which then went into the next sessions.
Eventually the band decided that they need to take more time to consider what they want to say with the next album, the common theme with the songs that they were writing appeared to suggest a record about youth and joy and eventually they decided that they liked the thought of creating a record that would speak to the fanbase even more than there previous albums have done. They weighed through the songs that they had already written and took a batch of fitting songs into the next record session, these sessions were different than previous ones as they finally had a view of what they were working towards and it made the sessions from then on a lot more easier for the band.

They had approximately six songs nailed down and recorded fully by the time the summer arrived, by June they had already started to build a Tracklisting for the album, that Tracklisting continued to grow as the weeks went on, the band now regularly returning to the studio to lay down songs were worried that they may be committing to too many of their songs, so again they went through discussions with one another to remove weaker songs from the track list. This meant that the band essentially had three albums worth of material, the eleven songs that were committed to the record and at least another twenty three tracks that they had decided against using. The scheduling of their tour worked in their favour during the summer as there was a lot more extended breaks for the band, there were another nine songs written in July alone and seven of those songs ended up on the final track list for the album.
In July, the band now had a selection of eighteen songs that were committed to the album, they all decided that instead of writing new songs that they would instead put their focus on polishing up the eighteen songs and putting more focus into recording their songs, leading to the official track list being finally decided by the band, there was just one more thing to figure out and that was the running order of the album.

In August they spent the majority of their time in the studio recording the album alongside producers Avil Hartmann and Julian Morello, for the first time in the process they had brought their producers into the studio and this added a little bit of extra structure to the sessions and finally the album started to fall perfectly into place. They worked on the running order of the album closely with Avil Hartmann and finally made their decisions and as August drew to a close, the album was one or two more sessions away from completion. The first couple of days of September signalled the albums completion, as the band finished up recording the album, their duties turned towards the final production and mixing of the album alongside both Avil and Julian and on the 4th of September they sent the finished album to the label ‘North Hill Records’, the label gave the thumbs up for the albums go ahead and the hardest part of the process was now finished.
Small decisions had to be made, album art was confirmed by the band and they then met with the record label to talk about release dates for the album. Already two singles had been released from the album in the form of ‘To All Of The Names Written On The Inside Of My Arm’ and ‘We Are The Half-Moon Kids’ both of which were successful, so anticipation from Riot!’s fanbase was already quite large, the band then announced some details of the album and today confirmed that the release date for ‘Wild Young Things’ would be September 29, 2013.

Tracklisting;

1. When The Stars Come Out To Play (Intro) (0:42)
2. If It’s Not Worth Fighting For (5:47)
3. Sweet Abandon Of Youth (2:38)
4. When I See Your Face (3:46)
5. Melancholy Road (2:58)
6. We’re The Underdogs Of This Hopeless Scene (4:56)
7. To All Of The Names Written On The Inside Of My Arm (5:04)
8. As I Watch You From Afar (4:31)
9. Being Brave (4:07)
10. I Want A New Dawn (Is That Too Much To Ask For?) (3:22)
11. Hollywood Is Dead And Gone (4:57)
12. This Is My Death March (4:22)
13. These Nights (3:49)
14. In A Separate State Of Mind (4:02)
15. Cold Hearts And Broken Memories (5:17)
16. You’re The Poison, I’m The Antidote (6:04)
17. We Are The Half-Moon Kids (4:22)
18. Thank You (4:41)

Singles;
To All Of The Names Written On The Inside Of My Arm [#1]
We Are The Half-Moon Kids [#3]
You're The Poison, I'm The Antidote [#5]

Personnel;
Amy Meyer – lead vocals, piano, keyboards, lyrics, composition, production
Adam Benjamin – rhythm guitar, acoustic guitar, backing vocals, lyrics, composition, production
Justin Mullen – lead guitar, piano, organ, backing vocals, lyrics, composition, production
Jason Greenberg – bass guitar, lyrics, composition, production
Nathan Mullen – drums, percussion, production
Honor Wynter – spoken word *track 17*
Avil Hartman – production, mixing
Julian Morello – production, mixing, engineering

Edited by user 25 January 2014 04:40:20(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 7 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Mckenzie- on 11/09/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 12/09/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 12/09/2013(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 12/09/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 13/09/2013(UTC), Walton on 20/09/2013(UTC), DistortedAudio on 23/09/2013(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#2 Posted : 12 September 2013 00:54:48(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track Number: [1]
Title: “When The Stars Come Out To Play (Intro)”
Genres: Alternative Rock, Pop-Rock
Length: 0:42
Writer(s): Adam Benjamin

“When The Stars Come Out To Play (Intro)” is the opening track from Riot! In The Boulevard’s fourth studio album Wild Young Things. This track was written solely by rhythm guitarist, Adam Benjamin and the song comes in at a short forty-two seconds serving as an introduction to the rest of the album with the purpose being that the song gives an early indication of the general tone and theme of the majority of the songs that follow on throughout the album. That tone is very much about youth, mixing the freedom and exuberance of youth with the emotional side, according to Adam Benjamin, this song is the perfect way to prepare the audience for the rest of the album, “In the past we’ve written all different types of songs, we haven’t ever really felt an overriding theme in any of our albums, but this time around when we started talking about this record and what we want from it, it was clear that we wanted to have the songs blend together better than in the past. We’ve talked a lot this year in interviews and onstage about the new record and we haven’t felt as excited about releasing an album since our debut. This feels like the perfect way to open ‘Wild Young Things’ in what we hope will become a seminal coming-of-age sort of record, we really hope that the fans see in this record what we all saw in the record while making it”

As Adam stated, it’s an album that emphasizes youthful exuberance and the opening track fits into the category very well with it’s emphasis on fun in the lyrics throughout, it’s beginning may perhaps leave Riot!’s die-hard fanbase a little worried as a strong synth-led beat sets up an energetic almost dance club sort of introduction but their worries may perhaps fade quickly as it’s also followed by a rock backbeat throughout with lead guitars, bass guitars, drums and Amy’s powerful vocal delivery, it’s most notable Riot!-esque moment is mid-way through the song as Amy shouts above the guitars, drums and synths with as much passion as we’ve ever heard, the words “Scream it, boys and girls/This is what voices were made for/Give it your best shot, kids/This is war!”, all fears of Riot! changing completely have perhaps been allayed for now at least, but it’s youthful feeling continues right through until the final verse with it’s lyrics, “No one can take this feeling away/When they’re hanging on to every word that you say/This is how it’s supposed to be/When the stars come out to play!”.

Lyrics

“Walking down the boulevard and everybody's out tonight
There's people queuing in alleyways and avenue's
And they're all taking shots at you
With evil looks and those cold dead stares
It's spiraling but no one cares
And as the people gather
The marquee beckons
It's calling out to you tonight
Hold on to your hats, boys and girls
It's gonna be alright

The drums they pound with familiar sounds
The guitars screech ferociously loud
A microphone in centre stage
Spotlights shining down
The roar of the crowd from all around
For one night only
The lost will be found
And the club is jumping
It's came alive to a familiar sound
Scream it, boys and girls
This is what voices were made for
Give it your best shot, kids
This is war!

No one can ever take this feeling away
When they're hanging on to every word that you say
This is how it's supposed to be
When the stars come out to play!
Yeah, no one can take this away from me
When the stars come out to play!”

Sound Alike

Breathe Carolina – Last Night (Vegas)

thanks 5 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 12/09/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 12/09/2013(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 12/09/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 13/09/2013(UTC), Walton on 30/09/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#3 Posted : 12 September 2013 03:00:14(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: I love the album cover, it looks so epic :) This looks amazing, I always love your lyrics too.

Jennifer: Ahh, a new album? I am so excited, first track already sounds crazy good. You guys are such a consistently good, no phenomenal band it blows my mind. I'm in love with your everything :) I'm waiting for the other 17 tracks now!
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 12/09/2013(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 12 September 2013 18:44:54(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
OOC: I love the album cover, it looks so epic :) This looks amazing, I always love your lyrics too.

Jennifer: Ahh, a new album? I am so excited, first track already sounds crazy good. You guys are such a consistently good, no phenomenal band it blows my mind. I'm in love with your everything :) I'm waiting for the other 17 tracks now!

OOC: Me too, but I just put the words on it, it was already epic! Thanks, I tried to make the lyrics on this album the best lyrics that I've ever written, I hope they are :)

Justin: Yeah, a new album. We've been looking forward to finally finishing the album and releasing it, we hope people like it. Haha thank you Jennifer, it feels like you're becoming our biggest fan! I'm glad that you rate us so highly, we hope that the next 17 tracks do not disappoint you, but if they do then tell us and we'll do better next time :)
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 12 September 2013 18:49:24(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track Number: [2]
Title: “If It’s Not Worth Fighting For”
Genres: Pop-Punk, Alternative Rock
Length: 5:47
Writer(s): Amy Meyer, Justin Mullen, Adam Benjamin

“If It’s Not Worth Fighting For” is the second track from Riot! In The Boulevard’s fourth studio album Wild Young Things. It was written earlier in the summer as a collaborative effort while on tour by band members Amy Meyer, Justin Mullen and Adam Benjamin. A song about a broken relationship which could perhaps remove fear that the band are moving away from what they’re known for, instead the second track from the album is a punchy pop-punk number with heartfelt verses moulded around a catchy chorus, according to lead guitarist and co-writer Justin Mullen, the song felt like the band had managed to re-capture the essence of their first couple of singles, “We’re a pretty open and honest band, we’ll definitely say that we have struggled to make anything like those punchy pop-punk tracks that we first came out with, but we feel like this is as close as we’ll get to those sort of songs. Recording this song felt like it did when we recorded our first batch of songs, it was refreshing to remember what it felt like to play like we did in Jason’s garage, it sort of revitalised us too because everything we’ve done since that debut album was released has been just one big repetitive cycle, it was nice to feel something a little different, to feel like we were those seventeen year old kids that just went for glory”

The song’s main elements are the lead guitar and drum combinations, a powerful opening riff that will no doubt be easily recognizable onstage is given a little more power with the heavy and aggressive drum beat provided by Nathan Mullen. It’s opening verse sets the scene like many previous Riot! songs have done but it’s the final lines of the pre-chorus and it’s rough and ready lyric “I can feel that your heart no longer beats for me inside/And I wanna scream/I wanna throw a bottle to your head/I sometimes think I’d be happier if you were dead.” is then followed by a trademark repetitive Riot! In The Boulevard chorus, “And if it’s not worth fighting for/Woah, oh, woah, oh/Then it’s time to let this go/Woah, oh woah, oh.”, it certainly feels like they’ve just stripped back all of the other elements and gone for the basic, and sometimes the basic tends to work better.

Lyrics

“The night is upon us once more and the sun is beginning to fade with the day
There’s a painful lingering silence that just fills this empty room, there is nothing left to say
We’re just shadows staring into these same blank eyes
With a heart breaking disdain and emptiness of two that once were one
Any love that was here in this home
Any love at all has gone
Faded and out

I look at you and you look at me
With vacant eyes but both of us can still see
Where we once were and where we belong
Where we should be but where love is dead and gone
But I’m still clinging on and I don’t know why
I just feel like letting go
I don’t know why I still try
But here I am
Staring straight at you
Hoping to ignite something inside
Hoping to start a fire
Me and you

But you turn away
You look out of the window
And into the nothingness of the world outside
You close your eyes for the briefest of moments
And I can feel that your heart no longer beats for me inside
And I wanna scream
I wanna throw a bottle to your head
I sometimes think I’d be happier if you were dead

And if it’s not worth fighting for
Woah, oh, woah, oh
Then it’s time to let this go
Woah, oh, woah, oh
Because if it’s not worth fighting for
Woah, oh, woah, oh
It’s time to end this war
Woah, oh, woah, oh

And all of my hope is gone
I’m not even sure where I belong
I’m a lone figure that casts a shadow in this home
And I know you just want to be left alone
So I’m done trying
I can’t do this no more
I’m done crying
I’m letting go

And if it’s not worth fighting for
Woah, oh, woah, oh
Then it’s time to let this go
Woah, oh, woah, oh
Because if it’s not worth fighting for
Woah, oh, woah, oh
It’s time to end this war
Woah, oh, woah, oh

This is something that I can do without
My voice is broke, I can’t scream and shout
Love is dead and it won’t be coming back no more
I’m not holding on, I’m just letting go
Woah, oh, woah, oh
I’m not holding on, I’m just letting go
This love has gone
Faded and out”

Sound Alike

Imagine Dragons – It’s Time

RoseJapanFan on 12/09/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 12/09/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 13/09/2013(UTC), genocidal king on 16/09/2013(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 17/09/2013(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#6 Posted : 13 September 2013 17:40:54(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track Number: [3]
Title: “Sweet Abandon Of Youth”
Length: 2:38
Writer(s): Amy Meyer, Adam Benjamin

“Sweet Abandon Of Youth” is the third track from Riot! In The Boulevard’s fourth studio album Wild Young Things. Like the majority of the tracks from the album, it was written earlier in the summer, this one in particular was written by both Amy Meyer and Adam Benjamin while halfway through their first ever headlining world tour. It was also debuted live at a show in June to a great reception from the audience. According to Amy Meyer, this song was one of the first songs finished, “We actually wrote this song at a time when we weren’t sure what we wanted from the next album, but we performed it live and it got a good reaction. I also liked the feeling I got when I performed the song live, it was like it was made for our audience at that particular show. Everything seemed to just fit perfectly that night and whether it was performing to fifteen thousand fans outside in an incredibly hot summer night or just the reaction of the crowd, for some reason it stuck with me. A couple of weeks later we had decided on the general tone and theme of what we’d like the album to have and this song played an important part in deciding where we wanted to go with our next record. I think that in itself makes this one of the more important songs that I’ve ever written because it’s almost helped re-vitalise a band that in all honesty was feeling a little tired and jaded of the whole routine that we had been in at that time.”

The song begins with a soft rhythmic guitar introduction from Adam Benjamin and is quickly accompanied by a bass lead which eases the listener into the song in a gentle manner, but they’re both quickly joined by a repetitive drum beat and a strong lead guitar riff that brings the song into action, instrumentally it’s the sort of song that makes you move without noticing, it’s the sort of instrumentation that will get the front rows of a Riot! concert jumping up and down like crazy and lyrically it’s as typically Riot! as a song could possibly get, it’s almost as through it follows the blueprint to create a Riot! In The Boulevard song, lyrics like “Let’s dance around the fire with the sweet abandon of youth/Knowing that tomorrow we will be forced to grow up/And face the truth, bitter truth.” and “Force a smile, or at least fake it/Don’t give up because we can make it.”.

Lyrics

“Waking up is the hardest part
We’re picking the pieces of this shattered heart
Force a smile, or at least fake it
Don’t give up because we can make it
Let’s dance around the fire with the sweet abandon of youth
Knowing that tomorrow we will be forced to grow up
And face the truth, bitter truth

So let’s not focus on insecurity
Let’s not become the image of pointless jealousy
Let’s live right now
Don’t think about tomorrow
Live a life without any sorrow
We don’t need to argue or cause a scene
We don’t need to teeter on the brink or anywhere in between

So let’s not think
We’re too young to worry
Let’s just live in this moment
So just come back to me, come back to bed
Let’s ignore the thoughts running through our head
I think we could start a revolution together
If we can make this last forever
So let’s just dance around the fire tonight
Believe that everything will be alright

Force a smile, or at least fake it
Don’t give up because we can make it
Knowing that tomorrow we will be forced to grow up
And face the truth, bitter truth
Let’s just keep our hearts raised high
Let’s keep them raised to the sky
Let’s live right now
Let’s not think about tomorrow
We can live a life without any sorrow

We don’t need the truth, bitter truth”

Sound Alike

Fall Out Boy – Alone Together

snap_itshannah on 13/09/2013(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 14/09/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 14/09/2013(UTC), genocidal king on 16/09/2013(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 17/09/2013(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 14 September 2013 05:35:16(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track Number: [4]
Title: “When I See Your Face”
Genres: Alternative Rock, Ballad
Length: 3:46
Writer(s): Amy Meyer, Justin Mullen

“When I See Your Face” is the fourth track from Riot! In The Boulevard’s fourth studio album Wild Young Things. The track was written by both lead singer Amy Meyer and lead guitarist Justin Mullen towards the end of June 2013 while still on a worldwide tour, the two musicians have been lifelong friends but have also at times had a strained relationship with one another, it was recently confirmed by Amy Meyer that this was very much a song about her friendship with Justin, “It’s easily the most difficult song that I’ve ever written, simply because of the subject and the weight and honesty that the words carry in my life. I’ve probably listened to the mastered version of the song like six times and I found it difficult every time I listened to it. Fundamentally it’s about any strong friendship, but personally it’s about me and Justin, we’ve been friends since we were eight and we are very similar which means that we tend to clash, we fight and argue often and it hurts, it’s always painful but it’s alright because we are always united when we’re going through something difficult. The song references that, it references the feeling that I felt when my father died and putting that into a song is something that I found difficult, I hope that the song helps when people are going through a difficult moment with a friend, but it wasn’t written for that reason.”

The song shows a much more subtle and tender side to Riot! In The Boulevard, this track is an entirely acoustic track although it’s not the first time that Riot! In The Boulevard have stripped down their sound and decided to go in a softer direction. But this song is the first acoustic from this album and it’s lyrics call for that softer approach, it helps to emphasize the words and the weight of the words a little more to the audience and it gives Amy’s vocals the spotlight in the track which will no doubt have been a deciding factor when it came to the songs instrumentation, as Amy stated that the song references her deepest feelings, it’s clear throughout but most notably in the lyrics, “My father died/And all that they would say/Is maybe he’s better off this way/No more suffering and no pain/But it’s hard to know I won’t ever see his face again.” the first time of note that her father’s short battle with illness has ever been referenced in her lyrics.

Lyrics

“I tried to choke back all of my tears
When I stood face to face with my greatest fears
I didn’t think anybody would be there to help me through my darkest hour
And I wasn’t sure how long this heartache would last
But then I saw the strength of this friendship
I saw a beauty in the aftermath

And you came rushing to me
The moment you heard the news
I cried floods of tears
And you cried them with me too
But when you held me tight
I felt so safe
I started to feel alright
When I saw your face

So here I am today
I sometimes have very little to say
But you should know that I’m grateful for it all
The greatest friends never let you fall
And if you do
You know they’ll always be there
No need to beg or make a prayer
They’ll always be there

My father died
And all that they would say
Is maybe he’s better off this way
No more suffering and no more pain
But It’s hard to know I won’t ever see his face again

But you were different, you let me grieve
You stood with me and I knew you wouldn’t leave
You wiped my tears, as they’d fall
You waited by my side
Through it all

I fought and fought for days on end
I cried and cried on the shoulder of the greatest friend
I screamed out loud in the hope that I’d feel
I looked at you as I started to heal
And then I understood
The depths of this beautiful love
And I cry when I think about you like this
I see your face every day
But in those moments when you go away
You’re the only one I ever miss

I’ll always remember
You came rushing to me when you heard the news
I cried floods of tears
And you cried them with me too
But when you held me tight
I felt so safe
I start to feel alright
When I see your face”

Sound Alike

Jimmy Eat World – Hear You Me

thanks 3 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 14/09/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 14/09/2013(UTC), genocidal king on 16/09/2013(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#8 Posted : 14 September 2013 17:41:16(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track Number: [5]
Title: “Melancholy Road”
Genres: Alternative Rock
Length: 2:58
Writer(s): Adam Benjamin

“Melancholy Road” is the fifth track taken from Riot! In The Boulevard’s fourth studio album Wild Young Things. One of the shorter songs on the record, coming in at just under three minutes in length, it was written by rhythm guitarist Adam Benjamin around May 2013. He recently stated that the song was sort-of inspired by his parents relationship but does concur that it could very well be about any relationship, “They fought and they struggled but they got through it. It’s the same with every long term relationship, there’s always gonna be tough times and fall outs and moments when it feels like it’s on the verge of breaking down so hugely. It’s influenced by my parents relationship but when I listen to it, I can only hear and see me. The version of me that people don’t tend to see, it’s the thoughts and feelings and even wishes of a person that spends very little time at home simply because he’s afraid of being alone. It’s as honest and as serious as I’m ever gonna get, so the big smile reappears and the day goes on as if there’s not a care in the world”

The song starts off with a repetitive drum beat and it’s followed by an soft guitar riff, it’s a very light guitar sound, not a million miles away from the style used by 3 Doors Down on their track ‘When You’re Young’. The song has that same sort of dramatic feel with its lyrics attempting to offer some sort of wisdom to the confused and the weary. It offers an insight into the inner workings of a troubled relationship and it’s sung tenderly and emotively throughout by Amy Meyer, attempting to provide some sort of clarity and understanding to the world of love and it’s downfalls, it offers hope though “Can’t we just drop the anger and confusion/Walk the tight rope of loves illusion/And let your heart be free/To reign over you and me” and perhaps slightly more importantly it offers another Sound bite lyric that the young Riot! In The Boulevard fans will no doubt latch onto, expected to be scrawled in notebooks and across the arms of the young and the hopeless, “Come on inside/Let’s pull the curtains shut/We could paint the walls with our victim’s blood.” it’s essentially Riot! In The Boulevard doing what they do best, but still somehow finding a new way to say old things.

Lyrics

“How many times must we walk down
This empty boulevard to get to our quiet home
And how many more years will it take for us to feel like
There will never be another storm
Walk inside of our hallway
Where picture frames are cracked and broken
And the stairwell rings with angry words
Angry words that we’ve both spoken
In moments where we just let everything fall
Where these bitter hearts grew cold

And we just pull over the covers
And we let the darkness form around us
Never much for talking
Never really one for making a fuss
And we’re both just empty
Holding on
Not much longer
Until we’ll both be gone

I just sit and wonder
If we could make this work
Can’t we just drop the anger and confusion
Walk the tight rope of loves illusion
And let your heart be free
To reign over you
And me

So come on inside
Let’s pull the curtains shut
We could paint the walls with our victim’s blood
There’s candle’s burning incense
And a fire in my soul
So would you take a walk with me
Down melancholy road
I would rather walk with you
After all I have a heart that beats for two

There’s candle’s burning incense
And a fire within my soul
Down melancholy road
Where all of the beaten and the tragic come to gather
To try to find some semblance of hope
But most of them just seem to falter
Hanging endless by the rope
Down melancholy road”

Sound Alike

Jacks Mannequin – Bruised

thanks 4 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 14/09/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 14/09/2013(UTC), genocidal king on 16/09/2013(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 17/09/2013(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#9 Posted : 15 September 2013 17:45:13(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track Number: [6]
Title: “We’re The Underdogs Of This Hopeless Scene”
Genres: Alternative Rock, Pop-Punk
Length: 4:56

“We’re The Underdogs Of This Hopeless Scene” is the sixth track to be taken from Riot! In The Boulevard’s fourth studio album ‘Wild Young Things’. It’s a track that was a collaborative effort from Amy Meyer, Justin Mullen and Adam Benjamin, with each musician contributing to the songwriting process of the track, it was written in June 2013 while on a small break from their world tour and according to lead guitarist Justin Mullen, “We wanted to create something with a lot of energy, in a similar way to the songs that we listened to when we were fifteen and sixteen years old. Obviously at that time, there was still a lot of that left over pop-punk music in the industry, there were so many bands that came and went at that time and we wanted to create something fast paced instrumentally but with a certain amount of lyrical prowess, a range of emotions, it’s a song about confusion and feeling lost, at least that’s the way that I see it. Amy came up with the perfect face, perfect hair chorus and then the three of us sort of built the song around that chorus.”

The song begins with a strong lead guitar and drum combination, it’s played in a fast paced way which makes the song feel energetic and aggressive and probably the one of the heavier rock songs that the band have created so far in their careers. As Amy sings the opening verses of the song it’s quite difficult to not imagine that the song is actually about the band, but nevertheless it’s a song that fits perfectly into the realm of live performance. It’s catchy and anthemic and you can already picture the hordes of obsessive Riot! fans jumping up and down to the beat, and it leaves an important message for their insecure fanbase throughout the chorus, “Perfect face, perfect hair, perfect body, I don’t care” just to let them know that there are more important things to focus on.

Lyrics

“I think we need a hand to help us take hold of this scene
We’ve got glory to our right and failure to our left and we’re trapped somewhere in between
Oh glory hallelujah is the soundtrack to the victory parade
But it’s a familiar sound that I hear and it’s becoming a death march
And I question why we’re still standing when we’ve faltered so much
Why are we still balanced while we’re feeling constantly pushed
But expectations are now pretty low
We’ve got nowhere to go
But up

And we’re the underdogs of this hopeless scene
We’re tangled in what’s good and bad
We’re tangled in between
We don’t have beauty and grace
It doesn’t come across with a smile
We’re more like the anti-heroes
But it looks like we’re coming back into style
I ain’t sure this is where we should be
I definitely know that this ain’t me
It’s not who I am

Perfect face, perfect hair, perfect body, I don’t care
Oh woah, oh, perfect face, perfect hair, perfect body, I don’t care
Don’t light a fire if you’re afraid of the flames
Don’t put yourself out there
You’ll only have yourself to blame

We’ve got all of these scars that are pretty clear to see
We’ve taken countless shots to the heart before the age of twenty-three
And I know that if we stand side by side that I’ll take the hit for you
And I know that if I get caught in the crossfire
That you’ll all take the hit for me too
And this is friendship
This is love
This is not shining lights from the stars above
It takes hard work and dedication
And although we’re the underdogs I know we can wake up a nation

And we’re the underdogs of this hopeless scene
We’re tangled in what’s good and bad
We’re tangled in between
We don’t have beauty and grace
It doesn’t come across with a smile
We’re more like the anti-heroes
But it looks like we’re coming back into style
I ain’t sure this is where we should be
I definitely know that this ain’t me
It’s not who I am

Don’t light a fire if you’re afraid of the flames
Don’t put yourself out there
You’ll only have yourself to blame
Oh woah, oh, perfect face, perfect hair, perfect body, I don’t care”

Sound Alike

Sleeping with Sirens – Postcards and Polaroids

thanks 4 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 16/09/2013(UTC), genocidal king on 16/09/2013(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 17/09/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 17/09/2013(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#10 Posted : 16 September 2013 15:03:48(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track Number: [7]
Title: “To All Of The Names Written On The Inside Of My Arm”
Length: 5:04

“To All Of The Names Written On The Inside Of My Arm” is a song written and recorded by the American pop-punk band ‘Riot! In The Boulevard’. Serving as the lead single from their upcoming fourth studio album ‘Wild Young Things’ it will be the eleventh single to be officially released by the popular rock group in little over three years since making their breakthrough into the music industry in 2011. The release of the song will mark the third single to be released from the band so far this year, the previous single titled ‘A Place Called Home (The Leaving Song)’ from their 2012 album ‘Crossroads’ peaked at number #6 on the singles chart and was marked as the final single to be released from their most recent studio album, which meant that it officially signalled the end of the promotional period for ‘Crossroads’ (2012) despite the band planning to tour in support of the aforementioned album throughout the majority of 2013.

The song starts off with a repetitive four strike drum beat which sounds more prominent with the additional echo effect that can be heard alongside the instrument, the drum beat continues as the opening verse of the song starts to build, the three guitars can then be heard entering the song at around the twelve second mark, the lead guitar powers over the rhythm and bass guitars initially and it gives a strong music backdrop to the song, making the build-up to the opening lyrics slightly intense and perhaps dramatic, the vocals arrive at around twenty-two seconds in as Amy’s familiar powerful and energetic voice delivers the opening lyrics “Say what you will, I’ve got the urgency to kill/When you’re young you go too fast and it can be a long way down when you fall/But when you crash to the ground you feel nothing at all.” a couple of seconds of instrumentals pass before she shouts “And you’ve been writing you’re name beside your lovers in a notebook/Suddenly he leaves and finds somebody new/She loves all of the things that you used to laugh about/And she’s perkier too.” and the rhythm guitar and drum beats take the spotlight briefly as the lead guitar and bass take a more background role throughout the next verse as Amy once more fires out lyrics like “You’ll start singing out the songs that fill up your heart/Lyrics about how letting go is the hardest part/But that beautiful soft voice quickly changes its tone /And it’s now just became this repetitive narcissistic drone”

The lead guitar then dominates alongside the drums as the songs chorus arrives, providing a sharp and aggressive sound that complement the lyrical theme perfectly as Amy sings with a venomous tone, “This one goes out to all of the names written on the inside of my arm/From the cheaters and the liars/To the good guys that never meant no harm/But they turned bad and caused so much distress/But I loved them all I guess.” and the rhythm and bass guitars add a certain level of control in the song as Amy continues “So just remember all of the words that you had spoken/Because they all had an effect/And remember all of the beating hearts that are now all broken/A long list of former lovers all filled with regret.” the lead guitar and drums continue to be in the forefront of the song throughout the final parts, before the dramatic keys of a piano provided by Amy arrive to add slightly more emotion in a following verse as Amy sings with an almost melancholic delivery beyond her years, “ Have you ever felt empty and like you don’t belong?/Have you ever found yourself fighting back the tears while trying to sing a song?/A song of love made for the broken hearted/A song that reminds you of a love that has departed/Do you hold your arms around your chest when you’re lying in bed alone?/Do you feel like a ghost inside your own home?/I wish I could say that memories fade away in good time/But I still remember all of mine” and the guitar and drums dominance come back into the fore for the chorus as the final verse of the song.

Lyrics

“Say what you will, I’ve got the urgency to kill
When you’re young you go too fast and it can be a long way down when you fall
But when you crash to the ground you feel nothing at all
And you’ve been writing your name beside your lovers in a notebook
Suddenly he leaves and finds someone new
She loves all of the things that you used to laugh about
And she’s perkier too

Then you’re sat alone on your bedroom floor in the middle of the night
All you have is the company of the blue moonlight
And you’ll begin to wonder about the deepest meanings of love
You’ll start singing out the songs that fill up your heart
Lyrics about how letting go is the hardest part
But that beautiful soft voice quickly changes its tone
And it’s now just became this repetitive narcissistic drone

This one goes out to all of the names written on the inside of my arm
From the cheaters and the liars
To the good guys that never meant no harm
But they turned bad and caused so much distress
But I loved them all I guess
So just remember all of the words that you had spoken
Because they all had an effect
And remember all of the beating hearts that are now all broken
A long list of former lovers all filled with regret

We’re just another high school victim
Struggling to make sense of a world that seems so cold
All we want is something special
Someone to turn to when we grow old
But life is just so awkward when you’re young
And love just seems like a fairytale story
But pretty soon you realize that it ain’t all hope and glory
Hearts break all of the time
They should make falling in love become a crime

Have you ever felt empty and like you don’t belong?
Have you ever found yourself fighting back the tears while trying to sing a song?
A song of love made for the broken hearted
A song that reminds you of a love that has departed
Do you hold your arms around your chest when you’re lying in bed alone?
Do you feel like a ghost inside your own home?
I wish I could say that memories fade away in good time
But I still remember all of mine

And this one goes out to all of the names written on the inside of my arm
From the cheaters and the liars
To the good guys that never meant no harm
But they turned bad and caused so much distress
But I loved them all I guess
So just remember all of the words that you had spoken
Because they all had an effect
And remember all of the beating hearts that are now all broken
A long list of former lovers all filled with regret”

Sound Alike

Tonight Alive – Thank You & Goodnight

Edited by user 16 September 2013 15:18:30(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

genocidal king on 16/09/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 16/09/2013(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 17/09/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 17/09/2013(UTC), GirlSpice on 17/09/2013(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#11 Posted : 16 September 2013 22:20:16(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
OOC: Lyrically a masterpiece as always. I think in my time on this game, Riot is without a doubt the single best act I've ever seen. I always love everything that you do for them, and this is no exception.

It's just a damn shame that the vast majority are ignoring this album. Very sad.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 17/09/2013(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#12 Posted : 17 September 2013 03:23:00(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Lyrically a masterpiece as always. I think in my time on this game, Riot is without a doubt the single best act I've ever seen. I always love everything that you do for them, and this is no exception.

It's just a damn shame that the vast majority are ignoring this album. Very sad.

OOC: Woah, that's a crazy thing to say! Thanks man, I always put more effort into Riot!, even though I've had like a lot of characters in that time, thankfully Riot! are the ones that stuck haha but I'm glad that it's been sorta worth the effort over the last few years or at least not a total waste of my time haha. Ahh yeah, that's alright though. I enjoyed writing the songs over these last few months so I'm just pleased that I've managed to get around releasing them even if people don't see them, I'll know that those songs are there haha. Thanks for the comment, I appreciate that a lot! :)
Offline C4AJoh  
#13 Posted : 17 September 2013 16:37:53(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track Number: [8]
Title: “As I Watch You From Afar”
Genres: Pop-Punk
Length: 4:31
Writer(s): Amy Meyer

“As I Watch You From Afar” is the eighth song from Riot! In The Boulevard’s fourth studio album ‘Wild Young Things’. It was written solely by Amy Meyer in early 2013, reportedly around April/May while on tour with the band. According to an interview, Amy says the song isn’t specifically about her, “It’s a song about the most difficult parts of a break up, the getting over that person part. It’s tough, I think everybody has been there, there are of course the occasional exceptions to the rule, when a break up makes you feel happier than you’ve felt in a long time, but this is about the struggle. It takes influence from a friend back home in Vegas and her struggles, we lived in a small town and they both saw each other a lot, they went to the same bars and so it was always uncomfortable and then when she’s had a couple of drinks she just wants nothing more than to speak to him, hug him, go home with him and as the friend it’s your job to keep her from making mistakes. So yeah, it’s sort of about that”

The song opens on a strong guitar riff and bass combination, quickly followed by the drums and a piano provided by Adam Benjamin. Amy sings the opening lyrics with a passion, the vocal makes you believe that she’s singing about herself and it draws you into the story as the song progresses and you find yourself hoping that she doesn’t give into the temptation of being with her ex again as she sings, “I begin to stumble over towards you/But my friends pull me away/They’re trying to take my mind off of you/But it’s no use/There’s nothing they can say.” and then hits you with a heartfelt confession, “The truth is I’m not doing so good these days”. The song has a basic structure, it’s chorus flows in trademark Riot! In The Boulevard fashion and the music remains strong and powerful throughout, matching the rise and fall of Amy’s vocal delivery all the way through the song.

Lyrics

“Everywhere I go, there’s people taking hold of my hand
Trying to take my mind off of the trouble I’ve had
Trying to make me realise that there’s more waiting out in the world for me
But I’m struggling to stay on the right path
When I don’t even know which type of person I want to be
Do I want to be cold and distant, forever alone
Or do I want to be warm and affectionate, with someone to call my own
I guess I’m still young enough to find my way

But it’s hard to be young and free
When I can feel all of these eyes judging me
I don’t pay them any attention when you walk into the room
But you don’t see me, or maybe you do
Perhaps your ignorance has gotten the better of you

My friends pass me some drinks to drown my sorrow
Let’s live for tonight
Let’s live like there’s no tomorrow
And as I watch you from afar
I feel like I no longer know who you are
And any memories shared
Have gone away
Faded

I begin to stumble over towards you
But my friends pull me away
They’re trying to take my mind off of you
But it’s no use
There’s nothing they can say
That I haven’t already heard before
The truth is I’m not doing so good these days
I’m longing for you evermore

It’s hard to be young and free
When I can feel all of these eyes judging me
I don’t pay them any attention when you walk into the room
But you don’t see me, or maybe you do
Perhaps your ignorance has gotten the better of you

Well, they say letting go is the hardest part
But I wouldn’t even know where to start
And these walls are closing in around me
They’re painted in bright colours
But all I see is grey
If I could then I would escape
But something is pulling me back inside
And I’m unable to run or hide

My friends pass me some drinks to drown my sorrow
Let’s live for tonight
Let’s live like there’s no tomorrow
And as I watch you from afar
I feel like I no longer know who you are
And any memories shared
Have gone away
Faded”

Sound Alike

All American Rejects – Swing, Swing
thanks 2 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 17/09/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 17/09/2013(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#14 Posted : 18 September 2013 16:07:55(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track Number: [9]
Title: “Being Brave”
Genres: Pop-Rock, Acoustic/Alternative
Length: 4:07

“Being Brave” is the ninth song taken from Riot! In The Boulevard’s fourth studio album ‘Wild Young Things’. Written by Amy Meyer and rhythm guitarist Adam Benjamin in late July 2013, like a lot of the songs written for the album, this track was written while on tour and according to Amy Meyer, “The song is pretty straightforward, it’s about being strong when it feels like you can’t any more, again it’s a sort of universal thing. I’m sure that most people have felt this way before, I know that all of us in the band have felt that way at times, it’s usually when we’ve been touring for long periods of time that we get like this, for some reason, all of the travelling takes it out of you and brings your deepest insecurities to the forefront of your mind, maybe it’s the constant sleepless nights or the lack of home comforts, or any of that stuff. There’s a reason why we find home to be the most comfortable place to be and from experience, my mind tends to mess with me when I’m not at home. But I feel like this song is a little message, to sort of just keep holding on and holding out for the hope that things will get better if you just brave through the dark moments.”

In a slight change of pace, this track is dominated by the soothing strings of an acoustic guitar and gentle but storytelling tone of the piano keys. In a shift from the high energy that we’ve heard already on the album, this one places a little more emphasis on the melody, blending the acoustic with the keys of the piano and creating a tender backdrop for the lyrics which Amy sings in a steady soothing tone, the chorus in particular is a highlight of the song as she sings “So just take some time for being brave/Everything will get better someday/Let your heart reach the sky/Don’t forget to hold your head up high/Because everything will get better in time/It’s not a steep mountain to climb/Everything will be alright/Lift your heart into the sky tonight.” however, some may see the chorus as a little corny and cheesy at times, nevertheless it’s got a pretty little melody throughout.

Lyrics

“Hey kid, I know you think you’ve got it tough
Life can seem like a nightmare when you feel like you aren’t enough
For anyone or anything, but don’t let it get you down
I hope you’re listening
I know how it feels because I’ve been there too
When you find yourself feeling left out and it seems like no one will ever love you
But hold your head up high and let your heart beam out bright
Show everyone the real you
Show them what they’re all missing tonight

I know it’s hard to smile when there’s no one around
All you want is love but it can’t be found
And it does get lonely
But it gets better in time
It may not feel like it in this moment
But it will get better
So hold on to your romantic intentions
Don’t write yourself off just yet

So just take some time for being brave
Everything will get better someday
Let your heart reach the sky
Don’t forget to hold your head up high
Because everything will get better in time
It’s not a steep mountain to climb
Everything will be alright
Lift your heart into the sky tonight

We’re all insecure
With a crippling lack of self-esteem
We are the hopeless, the downtrodden and the failures
But even misfits can all be part of the scene
So never feel like you’re left out
Because there’s a place for everybody in this world
Never feel like you’re not enough
There’s love for all of you boys and girls

So just take some time for being brave
Everything will get better someday
Let your heart reach the sky
Don’t forget to hold your head up high
Because everything will get better in time
It’s not a steep mountain to climb
Everything will be alright
Lift your heart into the sky tonight”

Sound Alike

Wakey!Wakey! – Almost Everything
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 19/09/2013(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#15 Posted : 19 September 2013 15:52:53(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track Number: [10]
Title: “I Want A New Dawn (Is That Too Much To Ask For?)”
Length: 3:22
Writer(s): Amy Meyer, Jason Greenberg

“I Want A New Dawn (Is That Too Much To Ask For?)” is the tenth song from Riot! In The Boulevard’s fourth studio album ‘Wild Young Things’. It was written by Amy Meyer and Jason Greenberg around June 2013, again while the band were on the road, in the middle of their first ever headlining world tour. It came at a point where the band were starting to feel jaded with the repetitiveness of the tour and according to Jason, “There comes a time when you just think, okay, is this really what I want to be doing right now? I’d always loved the thought of touring, my favourite bands always had these iconic stage shows and it always seemed like they were having a total blast. Obviously you don’t always get to see what they’re like offstage but I’ve learnt that you have to find something to break up the day, something a little different to just make it feel new, it gets stale and boring very quickly when you’re on tour, because you’re just waiting for that performance at night and the rest of the day is just like waiting around. That’s what this song sort of gets at, it’s about that high of being onstage and then the low of just being back on a tour bus and travelling to the next city.”

The track starts off with a very bluesy sounding guitar riff, reminiscent of classic rock bands from years gone by and it’s accompanied by a bass and drum combination that provides an aggression and power to the song in a quick change up from the previous song. This one is about expressing feelings of disillusion and Amy sings with a passion and a fire that the songs lyrics may very well call for, the music continues to be very strong and powerful throughout and gives Amy the platform to sing in full voice, questioning everything that she’s work towards “I’ll just aimlessly wait for the next show in another city/Where everyone I see is shouting out to me/And I’m left wondering/Is this real or just make believe?/This doesn’t feel real”, perhaps showing a glimmer of honesty in those lyrics.

Lyrics

“Turn down the lights because the modern day prophets are done
Everybody left the building over an hour ago
The stars are beckoning out to me
But when I look in the mirror they’re no longer staring back at me
And I’m making my way to the back of a tour bus
Leave me alone, I don’t want no fuss
I’ll just aimlessly wait for the next show in another city
Where everyone I see is shouting out to me
And I’m left wondering
Is this real or just make believe?
This doesn’t feel real

We rode those waves on a tide so high
Let’s live it tonight because someday we will die
We’ll take our chances while we’re young
We’ll dance with freedom till we see the rising sun
Stress and worry won’t visit me again
It’s easy to fall off of the track sometimes
But it’s harder to get back up again
The best you can do, is to just stay the same

We’re standing onstage again tonight
The crackle of a plugged in amp brings the room to life
The strike of the electric guitar chord fills the room
Tie me to a rocket and send me to the moon
Because I can’t get any higher
I’ve never felt like this before
I can touch the stars tonight
It’s more than just another show

And as the lights go down, it’s happening all over again
Hushed back to the bus to avoid all of the fuss
And I’m staring at these walls once more
Knowing that tomorrow will bring a brand new show
But I don’t want a brand new show
Just doing everything that comes so naturally to me
No, I don’t want another new show
I want a new dawn
Is that too much to ask for?

So let’s turn down the lights because this prophet stands alone
That’s the way it’s been ever since I was born
But don’t call me a loner, call me a solitary beast
Because tonight I’m screaming my words louder than ever
And these voices will increase
I want a new dawn
Is that too much to ask for?”

Sound Alike

Automatic Loveletter – Story Of My Life
thanks 2 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 19/09/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 19/09/2013(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#16 Posted : 20 September 2013 15:56:09(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track Number: [11]
Title: “Hollywood Is Dead And Gone”
Length: 4:57
Writer(s): Justin Mullen, Amy Meyer

“Hollywood Is Dead And Gone” is the eleventh track to be taken from Riot! In The Boulevard’s fourth studio album ‘Wild Young Things’. It was written by Justin Mullen and Amy Meyer at some point in the summer, it was written during a break from their world tour, inspired by a trip that the two both took to California, according to lead guitarist Justin Mullen “I guess the song is kind of about fame and celebrity culture, I mean if you’ve been to California, well Hollywood in particular then you’ve no doubt seen the billboards and the promotional stuff. It’s just craziness really, It’s kind of the same in Times Square but at least there it isn’t the same product everywhere you look. I find myself wondering if these teen popstars actually want that level of insanity when it comes to promotion, or if they just go for it because it’s the norm. I feel bad for them being used as products like that, and there’s people that we see up on those billboards that we’ve met before, and they are really interesting and intelligent young people but you look at the billboards and it’s just so easy to make a snap judgement. They have more to offer the world than being the latest must have product, the hope though is that they will discover that it’s not so much about buzz but rather more about build, anybody can have a buzz around them, doesn’t make the product good.”

An energetic guitar riff signals the beginning to the song and the drum beat adds to the effect from a very early stage in the track. It’s also met by the rhythm and bass guitars which creates a musical backdrop for which Amy can highlight and use to her advantage as she sings the opening lines of the song, “The marquee’s are shining with those neon lights/While the partygoers are dancing/The strip is alive tonight/But come tomorrow morning/This too shall pass/You’ll find the shattered dreams of youth/Staring at you from the bottom of an empty shot glass.” which emphasises the songs youthful feel, but the guitars continue to clash and the drum beats repetitively throughout as the song tackles celebrity culture, “It was the blinding flash of a camera light/Everybody care about who you were screwing at night/Rather than the words that you put into a song.” giving an indication of their feelings towards the industry that they’re a part of.

Lyrics

“The marquee’s are shining with those neon lights
While the partygoers are dancing
The strip is alive tonight
But come tomorrow morning
This too shall pass
You’ll find the shattered dreams of youth
Staring at you from the bottom of an empty shot glass

The sky is grey and clouded
Like the memories in your once romantic mind
The beach is deserted
Everybody has gone away
Whatever happened to youthful enthusiasm
We all grow old someday

The billboards high above the skyline
Used to dominate with a sweeping declaration
Of the next big rock and roll heroes, set to sweep the nation
But the music died away
It’s replaced by silence and desperation
I guess this all just went to our head
It looks like Hollywood is gone
It’s dead!

Hollywood is dead and gone
No longer the catalyst for the strong
The ones with the money, glory and fame
Have taken over
So who will take the blame

Is it the culture that ruined this once noble profession
What about all of the songs that we all sung like a confession
Consumed by greed or the hunger to succeed
There was many warning signs that none of us would heed

It was the blinding flash of a camera light
Everybody cared about who you were screwing at night
Rather than the words that you put into a song
What happened to a place where we would always belong
And it’s dying
In front of our very eyes
All we can do is sigh
And say goodbye

The billboards high above the skyline
Used to dominate with a sweeping declaration
Of the next big rock and roll heroes set to sweep the nation
But the music died away
It’s replaced by silence and desperation
I guess this all just went to our head
It looks like Hollywood is gone
It’s dead!

Hollywood is dead and gone
No longer the catalyst for the strong
The ones with the money, glory and fame
Have taken over
So who will take the blame”

Sound Alike

VersaEmerge – Paint It Black (Rolling Stones Cover)
snap_itshannah on 20/09/2013(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#17 Posted : 21 September 2013 17:34:08(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track Number: [12]
Title: “This Is My Death March”
Genres: Alternative Rock, Emo, Pop-Punk
Length: 4:22

“This Is My Death March” is the twelfth track to be taken from Riot! In The Boulevard’s fourth studio album ‘Wild Young Things’. It was written by Amy Meyer and Justin Mullen in late July 2013, while taking a break from tour back home in Las Vegas. According to Amy Meyer, she doesn’t have any idea where the inspiration for the song came from, “It’s not clearly relatable to anything from my life, it’s difficult to know how the song came about and what sparked its creation, it’s a slightly darker song than we’ve ever really written. The only sort of thing I can think that may have inspired it was being back home, myself and Justin caught up with old friends and home life and maybe it has to do with the fact that we were back home, it always makes us feel a little different when we’re back home in Vegas. But it’s tough to know where it came from, it’s certainly as dark a song as I’ve ever written, it’s about being headed towards death. It’s about somebody that has done bad things and is paying the cost for that, I believe that the person in the song isn’t a bad person, just a person that maybe lost their way at some point and is being punished so drastically. But the influence and inspiration for this song, well I just can’t figure it out, but that happens sometimes.”

The song has an eerie piano introduction, for the entirety of the first verse it is just the combination of the piano and Amy Meyer’s vocal delivery as the lyrics set the bleak scene, “This is my life but I will suffer in silence/They’re holding the back of my neck, pressing my face against the wall/They’re pulling at my hair and whispering words into my ear.” it’s doesn’t paint a particularly nice picture but as the first verse finishes, the piano and vocal combination is joined by a strong lead guitar riff and anthemic drum beat which picks up the pace of the song and adds a little more extra weight to the music, lyrically it continues in a similar fashion but as the final verse arrives, it sung with such a power and force that proves that maybe this band can still surprise their audience from time to time.

Lyrics

“This is my life but I will suffer in silence
They’re holding the back of my neck, pressing my face against the wall
They’re pulling at my hair and whispering words into my ear
Their body is pressed uncomfortably close and all I want to do is cry a million tears
This is my life and I will suffer in silence
You’d think I’d be used to this after all of these years
But I’m not, I just want to smile
But I really don’t know how to anymore
I just wish they’d let me go
Just let me smile

They’re trying to break me
Trying to make me feel even worse than I already do
They’re hurting me every single day
And they’re dictating everything that I do
I can’t stand this place
I hate the walls that keep me inside
I hate the faces of brutality that surround me
I’m losing faith, I’m losing pride

But every night that I’m still alive
I drop to me knees and close my eyes
I pray to the lords for redemption or a vital sign
And although nothing ever comes
No, nothing ever comes
I still pray every night and every day
Because without faith, I am nothing
Without hope, I’m a nobody
I still believe that my repentance will come
Thy will be done

This is my death march
It’s my final stand
It’s my last moments on this earth
It didn’t turn out the way that I had planned
I’m the only one to blame
But nobody else seems to feel the same
I guess they’re all too blind to see
That this was caused by me

We’re taking the long walk
The bodies drop to the floor, one by one
I turn away for a moment and another familiar face has gone
I cry for their families but I don’t cry for mine anymore
The bodies drop to the floor

This is my death march
It’s my final stand
It’s my last moments on this earth
It didn’t turn out the way that I had planned
I’m the only one to blame
But nobody else seems to feel the same
I guess they’re all too blind to see
That this was caused by me”

Sound Alike

Pierce The Veil – Hell Above
Offline C4AJoh  
#18 Posted : 21 September 2013 17:37:45(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track Number: [13]
Title: “These Nights”
Genres: Pop-Rock, Alternative Rock
Length: 3:49

“These Nights” is the thirteenth track to be taken from Riot! In The Boulevard’s fourth studio album ‘Wild Young Things’. This track was written by Amy Meyer and Adam Benjamin, just two months into their world tour with the band. Lyrically it drives home the general theme of the album, that emphasis on youthful exuberance and Adam Benjamin recently stated why he felt that was an important theme for the band, “I believe in it, call me naïve or whatever you want to call me. But I strongly believe that you should try in some way to keep as much youth and enthusiasm as possible. I have always felt that way for as long as I can remember, I’ve always been a little afraid of growing up, my favourite book when I was a child was Peter Pan. I think that tells you everything you need to know, but certainly in this last year, I’ve felt like everybody around me is starting to lose part of who they are, friends that used to be spontaneous and fun to be around are now trading adventures for quiet nights in and I hope that I don’t get like that, I hope that I’m always open and ready for the world of opportunities out there and yeah, I’m aware of how stupid the Y.O.L.O thing is, it’s totally moronic. But it doesn’t mean that you should just settle for a meaningless life without any adventure of wonder. I guess what the album and this song in particular is trying to say, is that the greatest stories come from youthful adventures.”

The song begins with a bouncy guitar and drum combination, there’s also the inclusion of a synthesizer in this track which adds to the energetic and uplifting tone to the early stages of the track, it’s lyrics to start with show somebody being worried about growing older, “We’re just trying to hold out for all the joys that youth brings.” and as the song progresses it becomes clear that this is as catchy a song as you’ll find on this record, it’s chorus is full of flowing lines about enjoying youth and Amy’s vocal delivery add a little more weight to such basic lines and lyrical structure, in particular as she sings, “We may all be getting older/But we ain’t dead yet/Let’s live for today, let’s live for tonight/No retreat, no regret.” is the sort of line that could be seen as simple and ineffective, but it feels like at a concert, if Amy sang those lines to the hordes of young Riot! In The Boulevard fans that they would do exactly as she says.

Lyrics

“We're all getting older
I can feel it in my skin and bones
We're such fragile things
But we're just trying to hold out for all the joys that youth brings
But these nights don't seem to last as long
And weeks pass by without a trace
We're just trying our best to hold onto our youth
But we're slowly falling out of place

Let's re-capture it
Let's show the world who we are
Let's make these nights the ones we remember
Let's blaze through these nights like a shooting star
Let's make these nights last
We're still too young to be looking at our past
And I just want to live again
Whoa, oh, whoa
I just want to live again

Yeah, just take a bottle
Take a drink
Let's live for tonight
There's no need to think
Let's go down in a blaze of glory
Nobody wants to hear another heartbreak story

We may all be getting older
But we ain't dead yet
Let's live for today, let's live for tonight
No retreat, no regret
We could set this summer sky alight
Just let us have our time tonight

Let's dance around the flames and ember
Let's make this a night to remember
Let's show the world who we are
Let's blaze through these nights like a shooting star
Let's make these nights last
We're still too young to be looking at our past
And I just want to live again
Whoa, oh, whoa
I just want to live again

We can take each other to incredible heights
If you live for today
Just live for these nights”

Sound Alike

Panic At The Disco – Nine In The Afternoon
Offline C4AJoh  
#19 Posted : 21 September 2013 17:41:09(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track Number: [14]
Title: “In A Separate State Of Mind”
Genres: Alternative Rock, Pop-Punk
Length: 4:02

“In A Separate State Of Mind” is the fourteenth track from Riot! In The Boulevard’s fourth studio album ‘Wild Young Things’. It was written by both Amy Meyer and Justin Mullen in March 2013 during the demo sessions for the album and was considered as a possible lead single for the album, this decision didn’t come to fruition as the band chose ‘To All Of The Names Written On The Inside Of My Arm’, a decision which appeared to be a good one as that song became the band’s sixth number one single released in their careers so far, co-writer Justin Mullen spoke about the song and it’s lyrics, “This song feels like a call back to the band that Riot! were when we released our debut album, from time to time, we occasionally come up with a song that feels like a call back. I love this song a great deal, it feels like it’s tailor made for our audience and already I can see this becoming a fan favourite. Lyrically it references insecurities, there’s a couple of lines in the song that I just love and I really can’t wait to perform this song in front of a live audience.”

The song begins with another fast-paced lead guitar riff and a strong drum beat, giving the song an anthemic feel to it from an early stage. Once all of the instruments make way into the song it adds to its power, giving a little more weight to the lyrics and vocals in the song, highlighting the words at key moments. Amy’s voice sounds powerful and assertive through the song as she sings lyrics drenched in self-doubt, “Just take a moment to think about me/What is the first thing that comes to your mind/Take a pen and cover these walls with all of my flaws/I won’t be surprised by the answers that I find/Now I’m in a separate state of mind.” but it’s a quick-fire list of insecurities mid-way through the song that could be lapped up by their audience, “A perpetual loner/Arrogant and hopeless/An unlovable freak/Unsociable geek.” and this could be a song that reminds people why they fell in love with the band in the first place.

Lyrics

“The writing is on the wall, all of the stories have been told
The lies are no longer said in hushed tones
They’re bellowing out deep into the dead of the night
And everybody knows the truth about me now
Yeah, everybody knows the truth about me now
They all know the truth about me now
And there’s nothing I can do
There’s nobody that I can run to

Here we go again
Just take a moment to think about me
What is the first thing that comes to your mind
Take a pen and cover these walls with all of my flaws
I won’t be surprised by the answers that I find
Now I’m in a separate state of mind

A perpetual loner
Arrogant and hopeless
An unlovable freak
Unsociable geek
Talentless with nothing to say
Never one to find her way
Unattractive
Too thin and too small
Forever alone
It’s gonna be a big fall

But what can I do when I’ve heard it all
Do I get back up
Or do I just fall
I don’t know my place in this world
I’m just trying to find my feet
I can’t fix myself

When they try to knock you down
You get back up and turn around
You fight and fight with everything that you’ve got
You don’t hide yourself away and you don’t let yourself rot
You give it your all
In the hope that your all is enough
You just try to find your way
In a world that is so cruel and tough

A perpetual loner
Arrogant and hopeless
An unlovable freak
Unsociable geek
Talentless with nothing to say
Never one to find her way
Unattractive
Too thin and too small
Forever alone
It’s gonna be a big fall

Here we go again
Just take a moment to think about me
What is the first thing that comes to your mind
Take a pen and cover these walls with all of my flaws
I won’t be surprised by the answers that I find
I think about them all of the time
Now that I’m in a separate state of mind”

Sound Alike

Paramore – For A Pessimist, I’m Pretty Optimistic
erich hess on 23/09/2013(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#20 Posted : 21 September 2013 17:43:35(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Track Number: [15]
Title: “Cold Hearts And Broken Memories”
Genres: Pop-Punk, Emo
Length: 5:17

“Cold Hearts And Broken Memories” is the fifteenth track to be taken from Riot! In The Boulevard’s fourth studio album ‘Wild Young Things’. The track was written by Amy Meyer, Justin Mullen and Adam Benjamin around March 2013 and became a favourite of the band very quickly, proven as they performed the song in front of 35,000 fans at a show only weeks after it had been written, according to Justin Mullen, “Sometimes it’s easy to see a favourite song when it’s been written but sometimes it creeps up on you, this was actually one of those instant things. We all sort of fell in love with the song as soon as we had written it. As an example, we have a song called ‘The Rules Of Love And The Games You Play’ and we liked the song, sure we did otherwise it wouldn’t have ended up on one of our albums, but it wasn’t until one night on tour when we decided to play it that we finally sort of fell deeply in love with the song. It’s then became a personal favourite of pretty much the entire band and we’ve used it in the encore a lot on this last tour and we’ve seen it become a fan favourite too!. It’s kind of bizarre that a song could just one day make perfect sense, but sometimes it’s just an instant thing.”

This track changes things up slightly as it begins with a soft twinkly piano introduction, instantly giving the song a rather sombre and relaxing feel, there’s a very faint quiet drum beat in the background just to add to the effect and the song feels sort and beautiful with a tenderness that is quite rare for the band, it’s lyrics are simple but effective with Amy singing about a range of different emotions throughout and it’s quite an uplifting final verse of the song as Amy sings “In this world, you’re never truly alone/This is one of many things you’ll find/Cold hearts and broken memories/Fade over time.” which you’d like to think will give hope to the hopeless and somewhere make someone feel a little better.

Lyrics

“You hear it all of the time, or so the story goes
There’s a fine art to growing old
But when you’re young
They don’t tell you the story with complete honesty
The fine art of growing old
Is forever a mystery
I just wanna know
Will I go down in flames
Or will I go down in history

But I feel it sometimes
I can feel myself getting older each day