logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#1 Posted : 27 November 2013 19:40:46(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Released: December 13th, 2013
Recorded: 2013; Brandon's Way Recording Studios; London Bridge Studios; The Power House Studios; The Lair; Rocket Carousel Studios; Armoury Studios
Genre: K-Pop , R&B , Pop , Soul , Hip Hop
Label: Five Pesky Kids
Producer: Scott RH , Flame 1&2 , NinaT

Singles released pre-album
"Not Waiting Any Longer"
Released: August 4th, 2013

"Your Toy"
Released: September 15th, 2013

"Regret This"
Released: November 16th, 2013

Singles released post-album
TBA

In Our Youth

In Our Youth is the debut studio album by South Korean models turned recording artists Mi Sun Kim (Mi il Gim ; 미 일 김) and Mi Kyung Lee (Mi Gyeong Li ; 미 경 리) . The album is planned to be released on December 13 , 2013 through Five Pesky Kids . Though it mostly incorporates R&B, Pop and Soul, In Our Youth's genre is more labeled as K-Pop , which is a fuse of Pop , Hip Hop , R&B and ect. usually sung in Korean and even including elements of Korea's own music style . The two have stated that most of the songs off of the album came "straight from the heart" and all have a deep story attached to it . On the album , the duo ( and their recent addition ) have wrote every single one of the songs with only the help of Airemese Smith and even then , majority of the time just for translating .

In Our Youth was supported by the three successful singles , "Not Waiting Any Longer", "Your Toy" , and "Regret this" . The future singles -- post album -- have not been announced just yet , but Mi•Mi's team have described some of the songs to be "potential hits" and that they are "definitely on the scout to see which songs get the most attention from just being on the album" .
Track listing

Standard version
1. Not Waiting Any Longer
2. Wishing On A Star
3. Your Toy
4. Regret This ft Amy-Jayne
5. Puppy Love
6. Reckless
7. Goin' Out
8. Always
9. Closer
10. Dirt Road
11. In Our Youth

Total length: 51:27

Background and Conception

In Our Youth is the result of Misu and Miki's life of work . Since every single one of these songs came from their memories , diaries and grudges , there were over hundreds of them to choose from by the time they finally got the chance to become recording artists . Mi•Mi began working on the album while they were just saying goodbye to their modelling career , which was about 3 months prior to them moving to America and releasing their debut single "Not Waiting Any Longer" . They started to work on it with Five Pesky Kids after getting signed to the label around the same time . " Kim Ji Leung -- our manager -- had such a HUGE connection with Hollywood and even London . He put a good word in for us everywhere and next thing you knew , BAM ! We were signed . BAM ! We were working with top producers in the industry . BAM ! We got into award shows . By the time we debuted we already had thousands of perks that people usually don't get and sometimes people try to say that's the only reason why we're so big , but I'd like to think it's the other way around . " Explains Mi Su .

By their debut , Mi•Mi had managed to record a good handful of those hundreds of childhood songs and since , unlike other K-Pop acts , they wanted their material to "appeal" to the American crowd , they had Airemese Smith -- known as Coke from Rum & Coke -- help out with editing and translating the songwriting . " She groomed us like one of her own [giggles] . A lot of the songs we had were just thoughts on a paper , so she helped compose them as well . You know , the pitches and the tempos and the styles and genres and all . Then she directed our videos and gave us dance lessons and ... everything . Literally . She was so helpful during the whole process of making us stars . " Says a bubbly Miki . Once the songwriting process was over and ones that made no sense in English were cut , there were still about 50 songs prepared . Then production came along and sorted everything out for them . " The process was rather quick since our production team were dedicated to our stuff and were in the studio 24/7 trying to create our visions , and when it all was done , it was easier to narrow it down . Not because everything that we decided not to pick was bad or anything , but because we listened to all of them and the few we picked for this album seemed to fit well with what we had in mind with the sound . We are definitely going to use more than a few of our left over tracks on our future projects . We really had to let go of some gold during this project . " After their second single , " Your Toy " was released , they spent countless time in the studio , finalizing their album which took a good 2 months before they released the final single that was pre-album "Regret This" .

"We had a lot of songs , but that doesn't mean because they were all good . Even when we managed to narrow them down to these 10 , not every song on here was perfect . We could've easily chose to just write more songs and on different topics but we felt since these were from the rawest emotions , we couldn't just strap them from our project . " Says Miki on the writing concept of the album . " We called this album 'In Our Youth' for thousands of reasons . One being because these songs came from exactly that time . So yea , they may not be the best , but we believe it fits perfectly with the idea we were putting out there . "

In Our Youth's concept is shown throughout the whole album . Most notably in the title track which refers to the two going through breakups and dealing with others doubting them and having a hard time doing the right thing while chasing their dreams as simply just discoveries of what to not let get to them next time in the lines : In our youth we didn't get hurt a thousand times / Just found a thousand different things that could make us cry , putting a spin on the infamous quote from Thomas Edison “I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.” which fits in perfectly with not only the lyrics of the song , but the whole album . It completely changes how exactly the listener views the album . It might be taken as an album full of Mi Su and Miki taking risks and being foolish because they are in their youth , but with 'In Our Youth' being the last track and wrapping up the whole album , it shows that the album is really based on around " Not Waiting Any Longer " and "In Our Youth" . "Not Waiting Any Longer" made it seem like they had all the confidence in the world about chasing their dream which then resulted into them remembering times when they were hurt as if the other songs played the role of just memories . Then actually gaining some strength but still finding themselves come back to the same questions at the beginning of "In Our Youth" .

Singles

"Not Waiting Any Longer" was Mi•Mi's debut single . It was released to digital retailers Through Five Pesky Kids in the World Wide on August 4th, 2013 as the albums official lead single . It was written by both Mi Sun Kim and Mi Kyung Lee alongside Airemese Smith and was produced by Buzz & Hype and Scott RH . Seven hours after its release in Korea , "Not Waiting Any Longer" topped its "Top Singles" chart. It was both a critical and commercial success debuting at number six in the U.S. on the Airplay Charts and peaked number five , becoming Mi•Mi's first top ten success on the charts and gave the K-Pop duo a good kick off to their career .

"Your Toy" world premiered on Mnet's MUST live in Korea and was released to digital retailers by Five Pesky Kids at midnight on September 15th, 2013, as the second single from the album . It was also written by Mi Sun Kim , Mi Kyung Lee and Airemese Smith and was produced by Scott RH and NinaT . The song sold 240,000 copies in its first week and also debuted at number 6 in the U.S on the Downloads Chart . It managed to reach up to number 4 on the Airplay charts as well .

"Regret This" features American singer Amy-Jayne and was released to digital retailers by Five Pesky Kids on November 16th, 2013 , as the third single from the album . It was written solely by Mi Kyung Lee with only a little help from Airemese Smith with translating it . It was produced by NinaT and Flame 1&2 who gave the song an urban taste . "Regret This" has not yet been sent to charts , but have received good reviews so far .

Critical Reception

Upon release , In Our Youth was met with general acclaim from music critics . According to Metacritic , where they assign a weighted average score out of 100 to ratings and reviews from selected mainstream critics , the album received an average of 81 , based on 9 reviews . Huffington Post gave the album a positive review , calling it one of the year's best album debuts , stating that their album is in "near-perfect form on their debut , mainly thanks to the way they laid out the album , having the title track put a plot twist on the whole album in an artistic way ." Shamiyah Kelley of the The Daily Reville gave the album a grade "A", stating that "These days , it’s difficult to find a K-Pop singer that actually has a great voice , great lyrics and the least bit of sense but when listening to Mi Su hit those notes and Miki and Dae belt those vocals along with Mae harmonizing perfectly , it takes me back to The Emancipation of Mimi from Mariah Carey’s glory days . And on top of that , the lyrics from songs like Closer had me about to bawl and Dirt Road got me all 'feistied' up . They really know how to draw you into a song and make you feel like you're experiencing it . " She concluded her review by saying "There was a lot of anticipation for this album with high expectations , and Mi•Mi delivered ." Allmusic's Matt Collar said that In Our Youth was "surprisingly sophisticated and unique" which showcased Mi•Mi's not only powerful voices but also soulful R&B vocals . He stated that the album often " brings to mind the intonations of Mariah Carey . "

Edited by user 09 March 2014 04:53:00(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 11 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 27/11/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 27/11/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 27/11/2013(UTC), erich hess on 27/11/2013(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 28/11/2013(UTC), GirlSpice on 28/11/2013(UTC), DistortedAudio on 28/11/2013(UTC), freestylechamp on 28/11/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 01/12/2013(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 09/03/2014(UTC), BrownSugar on 10/03/2014(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#2 Posted : 28 November 2013 02:42:33(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Album : In Our Youth
Track : Not Waiting Any Longer
Artist : Mi•Mi
Release Date : August 4th , 2013
Genre : K-Pop , R&B pop
Label : Five Pesky Kids
Written by : Mi Sun Kim , Mi Kyung Lee and Airemese Smith
Produced by : Scott RH and Buzz & Hype
Length : 3:43

Music Description
Not Waiting Any Longer , starts off with almost like the sound of sirens , a shower running , and then a dial tone . Next thing you hear is the beat rolling in and then over it Miki kind of whispering something , almost like a voice mail she is leaving , to say goodbye to someone . You don't fully hear it because it is muffled but the two plan for it to be heard in the music video . A drum plays loud enough to almost be considered as playing the roll of a 'bass drop' because right after , it stops and then a saxophone comes in while Misu and Miki vocalize . This happens for a few seconds until Misu finally begins to sing . She sings the first verse softly , and at a neutral point . It's not Mariah Carey high and it's not Beyonce low . It's that perfect amount and still has a lot of power in it but staying soothing . Every now and then you hear Miki come in , in a deep voice . Except for when the part |( They don't just open up ) You have to spread your wings to fly , | . Every other part where she barges in is right before Misu sings , but that one is sung at the same time . Miki sings this one in a higher voice and kind of has fun with it as Misu starts to sing the last 2 parts in a stronger voice . Right then the two begin to sing the chorus together . Misu in a soprano voice while Miki is in an alto voice . It now becomes clear who hits all the high notes and does the riffs ( A.K.A. is the leader ) , which is Misu . Miki's alto voice echos in , alone , as the , | ( Younger , younger , younger ) | , part comes in . In the second part of the chorus you begin to notice that Misu's voice gets a little higher around certain parts such as ; | More to worry about | , and | Stress and fear | . Their voices both calm down in the line , | Because I'm in my youth and I'm not getting and younger | and then by herself in a calm tone , Misu sings | So I'm not waiting any longer | . Immediately after that , Miki begins to start to rap her lyrics in a somewhat of a soothing voice . In the background you hear almost like a choir vocalizing but then they stop just as Misu joins in , singing the same lyrics over Miki rapping . At that same time the once stopped beat comes back in . Everything goes perfect together , starting with the perfect harmony the song has with Misu singing highly over Miki's rap . But again it isn't too high but it's not deep , just that perfect amount, with like said before , power with a smoothing touch . Just as the last line is sung by Misu , she drags , | Worth it ... | and takes the | it | a lot higher as the chorus starts back up again , with barely any changes from before , just Misu adlib vocalizing over the chorus a lot . Just as it ends , you begin to hear nothing but a piano and soon enough the beat kicking in . This definitely gives the song that pop feeling , with that perfect dose of R&B . That plays out for a while just and Misu finally begins to sing again , slowly building up to where she blows and the beat completely kicks back in . Not soon after Miki joins in and sings a little . In the background you can hear the vocalizing from earlier before in the song as they continue . Finally , after vocalizing and what not , Misu says the last line in a very calm voice and the song ends .

Lyrics Description
Overall this song is about moving on to better things . It has been referred to as more of a ' K-Pop ' version to Yasmine's
Proposition . It kind of is except for the meaning behind the lyrics aren't as ' depressive ' as Kiambang's . Whilst Proposition was telling a story of being trapped in life by hope and at the end finally being free , Not Waiting Any Longer is more focused on the part where you free yourself and saying bye to the ones you have to leave behind . But at the end of the day , both are somewhat against the saying , " Good things come to those who wait . " Which is phrase extolling the virtue of patience . Airemese Smith ( One of the writers for Not Waiting Any Longer ) and Yasmine Kiambang explained that both songs aren't against the patience part , just the part where no action is taken and leaves you in a life that you don't want to be in . That becomes evident from the first few lines when Misu kind of gives advice , explaining that sometimes you have to wait out the bad in your life because things won't always be perfect . The lyrics present that in a funny way , making most of Miki's parts in the first verse have double meanings . | They say good things come to those who wait
Sometimes you're just supposed to stay ...
| ( Put ) Up with the pain just for the gain . | In Miki's first part there is a double meaning between what Misu sings before and what's Misu sings after . Though she only says one word , it finishes the first line of the song which was explaining that patience is a must and starts the next which explains there's always going to be a point in life when you have to deal with stress ( Because at the end of the day what matters is the way you deal with it . ) and then the next line assuring you that things will get bad and going into a new topic saying because the good things in life , you'll just never know when which is said in the lines : | ( It'll come ) Maybe tomorrow if not today . | . Here's where the difference from Yasmine's single comes in . | But sometimes you have to start over in life , | You have to actually put in work this time . | ( They don't just open up ) | You have to spread your wings to fly , | Even if it's hard to say goodbye . | While
Proposition goes on in the song to explain how we all hold ourselves back in life , this song just simply tells us how to free ourselves from ourselves . | It took years of saving up , but I'm not waiting any longer | Got a ticket on that bus , now I'm a goner | I'm in my youth and I'm not getting any younger ... ( Younger , younger , younger ) | Even though I have my doubts , I'm getting out of here | I got more to focus on than just stress and fear | Because I'm in my youth and I'm not getting any younger ... | So I'm not waiting any longer . | Then it then goes on in the chorus to telling a story about freeing themselves and not letting anything holding them back , saying even though it took some time and work ( Mental growth , spiritual growth , physical growth , and/or just simply more money ) , Misu and Miki are now ready to go on in life and achieve the dreams that they have always had . Misu and Miki are now 18 and when they were children they were kind of pushed into modelling and so now that they are older , they made a decision to try out a singing career to see how it goes . So even though they haven't had much struggle in their life , it is very easy for them to relate to this song . Then they continue saying that they have doubts and they are scared but they have so much more to do with their life than to just worry all the time and so they are definitely going to go through with this leap of faith . That's when verse 2 , which is Miki's rap , goes on to be more of a conversation between her and somebody who is doubting her . She keeps telling them to stop wasting their breath on trying to stop her because no matter what they say , she is going to take that leap . | To you it might be irrational , but to me it makes perfect sense . | And I admit it . Maybe it is a little confusing , | Now Miki starts to explain how she could understand why no one else would understand , because she doesn't even fully understand herself . | But I'm just ambiguous | Whoops , I mean ambitious , with ambitions | That probably say a lot about who I am and what I'm becoming | Molding , into something imperfect | Just to make myself worth it ... | Now she starts saying how she and everything she does is confusing but she is always determined to do anything once she puts her mind to it and then goes on to saying that it must tell a lot about who she is and explains how she isn't doing this to become a perfect person because she knows she will never be , but simply accepting all of her flaws to make herself worth it . Then it cuts to the chorus and goes back to telling the story of how/why they are moving on after in the second verse explaining why they're not going to give up on this life long dream . They go on to say the same thing in the outro , and even direct quotes from the chorus just when in a calm and assuring voice , Misu sings | I'm going to rise to the top . | , showing that even after saying they have many doubts and knows how confusing it sounds , that they firmly believe they will achieve all success by stating it with an I am , instead of the basic , I think I am .

Misu
Miki
Both

[Intro]
Woo-hooo , hoo hoo
Woo-hooo , hoo hoo
Woo-hooo , hoo hooo

Woo-hooo , hoo hoo
Woo-hooo , hoo hoo
Woo-hooo , hoo hooo

[Verse 1]
They say good things come to those who wait
Sometimes you're just supposed to stay ...

( Put ) Up with the pain just for the gain .
( It'll come ) Maybe tomorrow if not today .
But sometimes you have to start over in life ,
You have to actually put in work this time .

( They don't just open up ) You have to spread your wings to fly ,
Even if it's hard to say goodbye .

[Chorus]
It took years of saving up , but I'm not waiting any longer
Got a ticket on that bus , now I'm a goner
I'm in my youth and I'm not getting any younger ...
( Younger , younger , younger )
Even though I have my doubts , I'm getting out of here
I got more to focus on than just stress and fear
Because I'm in my youth and I'm not getting any younger ...

So I'm not waiting any longer .

[Verse 2]
Don't try to stop me ,
Don't try to talk me ... out of it .
Because I'm not listening ,
I'm going through with this .
To you it might be irrational , but to me it makes perfect sense .
And I admit it . Maybe it is a little confusing ,

But I'm just ambiguous
Whoops , I mean ambitious , with ambitions
That probably say a lot about who I am and what I'm becoming
Molding , into something imperfect
Just to make myself worth it ...

[Chorus]
It took years of saving up , but I'm not waiting any longer
Got a ticket on that bus , now I'm a goner
I'm in my youth and I'm not getting any younger ...
( Younger , younger , younger )
Even though I have my doubts , I'm getting out of here
I got more to focus on than just stress and fear
Because I'm in my youth and I'm not getting any younger ...

So I'm not waiting any longer .

[ Instrumental Interlude ]

[Outro]
I don't ... wan-ta wait ... long-er !
No no ... yea yea yea , yea .
I'm not , I'm not , I'm not going to wait longer ...

Because I'm in my youth baby .
I'm going to rise to the top .
thanks 5 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
erich hess on 28/11/2013(UTC), GirlSpice on 28/11/2013(UTC), DistortedAudio on 28/11/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 28/11/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 09/03/2014(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#3 Posted : 28 November 2013 03:27:23(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Sophia: OH MY BLONDE! Babes! K-Pop is like... my new favouritest music in the whole entire wooooorld! What does the K stand for babes?

Chantal: Korean.

Sophia: But they're Chinese, duhhh!!

Chantal: This isn't the first time you've said this, bimbo. For the LAST time, they're Korean.

Sophia: Hehe! I totes love this song, girls! You are soooooooo pretty too! I wish I was Chinese! Love sushi babes!

OOC: Such an amazing start to the album! Really great amount of detail with really impressive visual stuff you've made, looking forward to seeing the rest. :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
kandii on 28/11/2013(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#4 Posted : 28 November 2013 04:16:17(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Sophia: OH MY BLONDE! Babes! K-Pop is like... my new favouritest music in the whole entire wooooorld! What does the K stand for babes?

Chantal: Korean.

Sophia: But they're Chinese, duhhh!!

Chantal: This isn't the first time you've said this, bimbo. For the LAST time, they're Korean.

Sophia: Hehe! I totes love this song, girls! You are soooooooo pretty too! I wish I was Chinese! Love sushi babes!

OOC: Such an amazing start to the album! Really great amount of detail with really impressive visual stuff you've made, looking forward to seeing the rest. :)

Mi Su : Thank you Sophia ! Chantal is right lol . 100% Korean over here hehe . :O I love sushi too ! It's like we were meant to be besties ! I'm totes stealing totes !

Dae :
UserPostedImage

OOC : Thank you so much ! So glad you're enjoying it so far :)

Edited by user 28 November 2013 04:23:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline kandii  
#5 Posted : 01 December 2013 17:45:20(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Track : Wishing On A Star
Genre : K-Pop , Soul
Written by : Mae Na Guem and Airemese Smith
Produced by : Scott RH
Length : 3:14

After introducing the album with such a bold song from Mi Su and Miki about them finally deciding to chase their dream , Wishing On A Star embarks the kick off of all the doubts that Mi•Mi begin to have . The track starts with nothing but simple snaps which is then followed by a piano and soon enough , all of Mi•Mi harmonizing in a doo-wop inspired way . This sets a dreamy tone as Mae sings the first part of the first verse's lyrics softly . This continues throughout the the full verse , which at first gives off a pleasant feel to the listener but then the lyrics bring to the listener's attention that this isn't a song about finding your dreams . Not even about having faith in your dreams . Just the simple fact that you have to go get it .

|But until then you'll be stuck here wishing on a star| Mae sings and just then the song breaks into a whole new section as the chorus comes in . The once soft playing piano becomes bolder and even more instruments add in . The rest of the girls keep up the harmonizing in the background as they chant |Wishing on a star , wishing on a star| as Mae vocalizes powerfully and lightly over them and Mi Su comes out of nowhere playing with our ears as she ends the chorus with a little vocalizing as well .

Then Mae comes in on the second verse in a stronger voice than the one she used in the chorus and first verse , which ultimately ends up right back up in a soft zone as Mae's voice slowly makes her way there while singing the first verse . She'll blow one minute and then bring it all the way back home . She definitely has a lot of control and loves to play with it , especially on tracks like these where she has the freedom to do anything with the simple rhythm and tempo .The girls continue to harmonize in the doo-wop inspired way as the second verse plays as well .

|Stuck here wishing on , wishing on a star| Once again after singing the words "wishing on a star" and holding them , the song begins to break off into the chorus . Everything in the chorus is the same except for an extra beat that was added to really create that dreamy doo-wop song in it's best form . Once the chorus is over , instead of Mi Su teasing with her vocals , Mae sings once again the |Stuck here wishing on , wishing on a star| and it transitions the song into the bridge which is sung by Mi Su . She begins singing the bridge of the song , full on belting out as the music from the chorus continues to play and the girls' harmonizing gets a little louder . Mi Su shows off her powerful voice as she sings these words of encouragement to herself and group members . Next thing you know , they somehow end back up in the chorus of the song . Mi Su does similar ad-lib vocalizing over the harmonization to Mae's as the girls continue to doo-wop in the background before finally coming to an end , which causes Mi Su to lightly sing the last lines of the song |Don't get caught up wishing on a star|Don't just watch from afar|

Mae Na Guem comments :
" I think if anything , this is one of my favorite songs on the album . That might just be me because I like doo-wop inspired music like this and I had so much fun with my voice while recording it . Maybe other fans might not feel this way , maybe they will , but it just has the deepest meaning for me . I wrote it all by myself and I've never really been the strongest songwriter so I was proud that the other girls thought this was a good song . I'm always so insecure about my lyrics .

The meaning of this song to me was very simple . People always talk about how they want their dreams to come true and nothing will ever stop them , but it takes more than just wanting a dream . We live in a world where to get in the music business you gotta know people , you have to have the funding and a lot more than just a dream and come confidence . That's how things operate here , but people forget that even though they are settled on a dream , so they don't end up being determined to get that dream , but determined to keep wishing on that star , and wishing on a star will get you absolutely nowhere . I think it's all a process for when you really want something and a lot of people just forget that last part . After you feel a certain way about it , then you get the feeling of proving everyone who doubted you wrong and then settle on the fact that you are definitely going to achieve that in life , you have to actually go get it . "

Misu
Miki
Dae
Mae
All

[Verse 1]
(Sha-woo ...)
You don't need no money
(Sha-woo ...)
You don't need no one's help
(Sha-woo ...)
Just need a sense of direction
(Sha-woo ...)
And confidence in yourself
(Sha-woo ...)
I wish it was that easy
(Sha-woo ...)
To be happy with your life
(Sha-woo ...)
And achieve all of your dreams
But until then you'll be stuck here wishing on a star

[Chorus]
Wishing on a star , wishing on a star
Ooh !
Oh ah ...
Oh-wah ha-ah ah ... ah ...

[Verse 2]
(Sha-woo ...)
You don't need so much passion that it's crazy ...
'Cause it's way past that

(Sha-woo ...)
Yea you want it , you can feel it
But you can't have it 'cause you're stuck here ...

(Sha-woo ...)
Stuck here wishing on , wishing on a star

[Chorus]
Ooh !
Woah ...
Stuck here wishing on , wishing on a star

[Bridge]
(Sha-woo ...)
Just grab it already !
Go get your dream
Why revere it and adorn it
When it could be your reality ?

(Sha-woo ...)
Don't get caught up wishing on a star
Ooh !
Yea , yea , yea ...
Don't just watch from afar
Walton on 01/12/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 01/12/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 01/12/2013(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 02/01/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 09/03/2014(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#6 Posted : 02 January 2014 22:09:26(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Single : Your Toy
From Album : In Our Youth
Release Date : September 15th , 2013
Recorded : August 11th , 2013 – September 6th , 2013
Genre : K-Pop , Hip Hop , R&B
Produced by : Scott RH , NinaT
Length : 3:10

After gaining much success from their debut single , ' Not Waiting Any Longer ' , Misu and Miki were very delighted and taken by surprise . It was almost like overnight they became known all throughout not only America , but the world as millions of people got Mi•Mi's song stuck in their head and used it as an inspirational track . It topped charts literally world wide and was able to peak up to number 5 in America . Though the two were very grateful for the outcome they got , they really want that #1 spot on the American charts . " It would mean so much to me ! " Says Misu . Since the single never did , they were hard at work creating a single that would . In an interview with Mnet's MUST , Misu said , " We think this single is even better than ' Not Waiting Any Longer ' , and we are really hoping that it will debut in the top 5 . I don't want to say 1 because that's a hard spot to get in America , but we definitely have high hopes for this one ! " What makes Misu and Miki think that ' Your Toy ' will top the American charts when ' Not Waiting Any Longer ' didn't ?
While working hard in the studio with NinaT and Scott RH to create music for the lyrics which they wrote with Airemese Smith , they had to find the one thing that was missing in the last single . It was definitely the upbeat , K-POP feel . Although Misu and Miki believes that the vocals and the lyrics amazed people and made the single so likable as something teens and kids would enjoy , but adults as well , they felt like if they gave the crowd something to dance to , it would be even more successful .
You can tell this is exactly what they went off of when you listen to the song . It starts off with a really ' poppy ' feel . With a playful piano playing as Miki intro's the song , spelling both of their names , and then calling out the group name , then going on to talk about how boys are now all over them , so they wont take your games anymore . Misu then starts to help out intro the song , as they switch back and forth for the rest of it . That's when the beat that plays throughout the rest of the song , intros itself . Misu begins the first verse as the music plays out . It's kind of strange how she sings the manipulative , love sick based lyrics in a happy tone on such an upbeat song . Once the first verse is over , Miki begins to help Misu sing in the pre-hook . The twisted lyrics continue throughout the pre-hook . Just as the last line is sung by Miki , Misu finishes section of the song by blowing while singing the lyrics | I will not be ... | and leads not only the lyrics , but the instruments into the hook . The hook is really catchy and it's nice and short . By now the audience is probably dancing along to this song already , really vibing out to it . That all changes when the hook is short lived though . Right after it is sung once , all of the instruments cut off and everything is silent for a few seconds . That's when out of nowhere Miki once again , starts off an intro to the song . Right then and there violins come in and starts to play . It's not long before Misu comes in and spells out the group's name as other instruments introduce themselves . That's when Miki starts the second verse , waaay different than the first . The second part of the song has more of a hip hop/R&B feel to it than it did in the first part , with the K-POP feel . It's almost like Misu and Miki goes back in forth in this verse as Miki leads and Misu finishes her sentences . The lyrics stay on the same topic as the first ' song ' , but as you can see are more based on actual toys . Like puppets , | Pull a few strands | toy cars , | Push a button | and even Xbox's | Up all night | Hitting X , left , right | and then go on with her calling out the ' game ' he's trying to play on her . Misu finishing up Miki's sentences continues throughout the verse and pre-hook . They both sing the second hook together which is also really catchy and by now , the audience is also getting their groove on to the second part of the song . It almost seems like the song isn't long enough when the second hook ends and the outro begins with Miki's voice edited while Misu vocalizes , as the last few lines are chanted over a good 4 times and the song ends as the violins and the hip hop beat plays out .
What do you think ? Was ' Your Toy ' a chart topping worthy single like ' Not Waiting Any Longer ' or was it just all over the place ?

Misu
Miki
Both

[Intro]
Let’s go !
M-I-S-U M-I-K-I ,
Mi•Mi !
Them boys line up for our hearts ! ( Mhmm ! )
You heard that ? So know that next time ...
I won't be your toy !

Cause I'll, guide you to the back of the line !
And I'll , find somebody who'll treat me right !
So you ... Better fix your act !
Fix your act ! F-f-f-fix your act !

[Verse 1]
16 , I was so in love and didn't know any better
Didn't care if this wasn't how love was supposed to feel
17 , I was so hyped up cause your love was my drug
Killing me softly , but at least I got a rush .

[Pre-Hook]
Turned out what I thought of love wasn't true
Everything it stood for you tainted

Programmed it in my heart . Didn't even realize the scars
Sickly in love with what we had
My vision of love all distorted like I'm looking through frosted glass

( But boy listen up ) I will not be ...

[Hook 1]
Your toy ~ no more ~ no no !
In my youth , I used to be on all fours , now I'm three feet out the door
Your toy ~ Your Toy ~ Baby
You only get one more shot at this , so don’t let me down boy !

[Intro 2]
I'm 18 now ...
And boy I think we need to talk .

M-I ( ayee ) M-I !

[Verse 2]
Pull a few strands
Just like a...
Push a button
Just like a...
Up all night
Hitting X , left , right
You know I'll be pulling up when

You call
I put a hold on everything
Make sure everything I do is fit for a king

But do you feel the same ?
Cause all you've been sending back is game

[Pre-Hook]
I know you've taken your toll
But I won't be that ...
Girl that you text
But when I call ,
you never get back
Won't be that girl that's ride or die
But is still questioning where you stand at
Cause I'm not that innocent girl
That you took and ruined the world of ...

[Hook 2]
But I'm
Gonna give you another try
You better put a fight ...
Or I'm gonna pack up and leave you behind .
Yea I'm ... warning you boy
This time around I will not be your toy

[Outro]
Fix your act
What You Mad?
Can't get with that?

( Oh oh )
Fix your act
What you mad?
Can't get with that?

( No no nooo )
Fix your act
What You Mad?
Can't get with that?
Fix your act
What you mad?
Can't get with that?
Famouss7x7 on 02/01/2014(UTC), erich hess on 02/01/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 04/01/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 09/03/2014(UTC), Walton on 10/03/2014(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#7 Posted : 02 January 2014 22:10:22(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Single : Regret This
Artist : Mi•Mi ft. Amy-Jayne
Release Date : November 16th , 2013
Genre : Hip Hop , R&B
Written by : Mi Kyung Lee
Produced by : NinaT
Length : 3:41

Regret This is a song recorded by Korean K-Pop duo Mi•Mi . It was written by Mi Kyung Lee ( Miki ) and produced by NinaT and Flame 1&2 . The song was released as a digital download on November 16th, 2013 at 12:00am , precisely . Five Pesky Kids serviced the single to urban contemporary and rhythmic radio in the United States on the same day . Regret This is a Hip Hop/R&B ballad with that is lyric-wise and in a way , production-wise , akin to Mi•Mi's previous single , Your Toy which was released almost 3 months ago on September 15th , 2013 . Lyrically , the song speaks on a relationship gone bad and Miki/Mi Su/Amy rising above it , completely leaving what they had with the guy . Though it has been compared to Your Toy , it stands out in one obvious way , it has a sassier and more boastful tone as they sing to the heavily hip hop influenced beat .

Regret This was written by Mi Kyung Lee (Miki) . She stated how the lyrics came from an emotional place when she was 15 and since at that age she was never the type to write emotional songs , the lyrics came out more "empowerful" than it actually did as a breakup song . At the age of 15 , Miki was still living in Seoul , South Korea and so the song was written in nothing but Korean . She wanted all of her American fans to love the song since that is the main crowd of Mi•Mi right now , so to fix translation and make everything make sense in English , Airemese Smith helped out . She insisted to just be listed as a ghost writer since she knew how proud Miki was of having one of the first songs she wrote presented to the world and chosen as a single . The single was produced by NinaT and Flame 1&2 inside of Nina Tarantino's and Airemese Smith's home . The two ( Airemese and Nina ) had previously worked together on Mi•Mi's single , Your Toyand decided to have Flame 1&2 help out when Miki explained to them what her vision of the track was . Once the final track was made , Miki instantly fell in love with it and so did Mi Su , and knowing that it had a catchy hook and nice vibe to it , that it would be a great single to attract a more urban crowd , so it was confirmed to be on the album and kept in mind to be chosen as a single . Finally it was chosen as a follow up single to the hit Your Toy announced by Miki on Mi•Mi's official website on the 20th of October .

Misu
Miki
Amy
Misu and Miki
All

[Intro]
Mi•Mi !
Yea ...
Amy J !
All you did was bring me pain
All you did was bring me pain
But I'm not gonna shed a tear again
But I'm not gonna shed a tear again
'Cause I know you will regret , yea , I know you will regret this

[Verse 1]
L-O V-E , H-A T-E
They're two very different things
And this twisted mix of pleasure and pain
Just ain't working out for me

Yea I cried my eyes out as I tripped , runnin' away from you
You just laughed and smiled and waited for me to come crawling back to you
Left me high and dry , had me fallin' off cloud 9
You walked away and waited for my call

But baby

[Hook]
I'm not worried , I'm-I'm not worried , I'm not worried
'Cause you will regret this , regret this , regret this
You will regret this , regret this , regret this

You know you want me
You gonna miss this body , you're gonna miss me shawty
You're gonna be sorry

[Verse 2]
But right when you walked out that door
I felt a feeling that I couldn't ignore
I felt joy , I felt relieved
Got rid of all my problems and forgot about you and me

So you can act like you're sorry when I know that you're not
This isn't time to act like all smooth , boy I'm putting you on the spot

You left me high and dry , had me fallin' off cloud 9
You walked away and waited for my call

But baby

[Hook]
'Cause you will regret this , regret this , regret this
You will regret this , regret this , regret this

You know you want me
You gonna miss this body , you're gonna miss me shawty
You're gonna be sorry

[Verse 3]
Your ego was bigger than the Earth
Just wastin' time , didn't even know my worth
But it's cool , just not gonna put up with your ridicule
Look at me , finally smiling , so happy I got rid of you
So no matter how many times you visit our ruins
I hope you know that what we had is ruined
Because of you ... thanks to you
Didn't want to have to let you go ,
But Jack , you should hit the road

[Outro]
I've moved on , I'm not your toy no mo'
You know you did me wrong boy
Oh, baby it didn't have to turn out like this
Should've never got to our regrets , but boy you will
Baby you'll be sorry
Oh
thanks 6 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 02/01/2014(UTC), erich hess on 02/01/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 03/01/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 04/01/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 13/02/2014(UTC), Walton on 10/03/2014(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#8 Posted : 13 February 2014 12:58:02(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Track : Puppy Love
Genre : K-Pop , Pop , R&B
Produced by : NinaT , Scott RH
Length : 3:18

Wrapping up the love stories for the album , Mi Su and Mae leads Mi•Mi in the fifth track Puppy Love . Unlike the other songs written on the topic of love , Puppy Love is about the girls of Mi•Mi actually finding someone who is right for them and other people simply doubting them . This goes hand in hand with the album itself , seeing how in a way the meaning of this song could easily be compared to that of Dirt Road , which is a track later on in the album of where group member Dae gets fed up of people putting down her dreams . Along with the theme , the genre of the song is also different from Your Toy and Regret This . While those have a more urban swing to the music , Mi•Mi goes right back to their roots with this K-Pop song fused with Pop and Contemporary R&B , using those instruments that singers usually use when performing a song live (like actual drums and it's cymbals) similar to the instruments used in their debut single Not Waiting Any Longer , only in an upbeat tempo and minus the saxophones and etc. The song is surprisingly a lot like their debut single , giving you the feeling that though they release urban singles every now and then , their main sound is still K-Pop .

Regardless of what the song transitions into , it starts off with a guitar plucked in a tango fashion which is accompanied by an R&B beat . Once again in the album , Miki introduces the song . Of course Mi Su comes in and adds a little vocalizing right before the drums introduces itself and the rest of the instruments follows , indicating the start of the first verse . Mi Su then sings the lyrics of the verse calmly . Both of the verses are written short and straight to the point versus the pre-hook which does all the "talking" for the song . During the pre-hook , the music of the song smooths out as the group sings in a high pitch and Mi Su takes the lead , singing over them in her signature powerful voice that beautifully breaks off . The same thing happens in the hook , only difference is the music and the change of pitch in the overall group . The 2nd Hook then comes in and Mae sings in the high pitched voice she's known for , acting as the people who doubts Mi Su's knowledge of love . This all repeats itself throughout the second part of the song , only differentiating every now and then . The song itself is very catchy but at the same time has a very deep meaning to it -- a skill Mi•Mi has managed to master all throughout their debut album . It isn't long before Miki comes in and raps for the third verse , explaining how frustrating it is to have everyone doubt her and how it also makes no sense -- just like Mi Su -- with the lines |'Cause if I won't even know when it's real , how can you possibly see signs|That define whether or not I'm wasting my time ?| . The third verse transitions perfectly into the the bridge of the song as Miki ends the rap with the words |Tell me ...| and immediately Mi Su comes in and belches |What-what-what is love ?!| . Mi Su continues to use her powerful voice as she sings over Mae's light voice while singing the second hook for the last time .

Mi Su
Miki
Dae
Mae
All

[Intro]
You think you know everything
But you don't
You need to get it straight
Mi•Mi !

Ohh , then what is love ?
Tell me , what is love ? Yea ...

[Verse 1]
Took forever to search high and low
But I finally found the one for me , he's..
Everything I've ever dreamed of in one boy , so..
Can't you just be glad that for once I'm happy ?

[Pre-hook]
I know there was a time when ... I said that about every man
There was a time when I was wrong , nothing to do with the fact that I was young
Millions of times we mess up , but there's always that one we get right
But this can't be love , I'm too young , more like blind affection

[Hook]
Then what is love ?
Then what is - what is love ?
What is love ?

Tell me , what is love in your perfect world ?
What is love , what is- what is love ?
What is love ?

Tell me , what is love ?

[Hook 2]
You're too young
You won't comprehend
You're too young
You'll never understand
You're too young
You don't know what love is
You're too young

[Verse 2]
I'm so sick and tired of people telling me how I feel
You were right last time but this is different
On the real , the doubt hurts more than the actual fail
'Cause you could be right or simply against the fact I prevailed

[Pre-hook]
I know there was a time when ... I said that about every man
There was a time when I was wrong , nothing to do with the fact that I was young
Millions of times we mess up , but there's always that one we get right
But this can't be love , I'm too young , more like blind affection

[Hook]
Then what is love ?
Then what is - what is love ?
What is love ?

Tell me , what is love in your perfect world ?
What is love , what is- what is love ?
What is love ?

Tell me , what is love ?

[Hook 2]
You're too young
You won't comprehend
You're too young
You'll never understand
You're too young
You're too young

[Verse 3]
Seems people always got something to say
Like every time I level up , I deserve a downgrade
But where's your man at ?
You're so focused on what I had , what I have and what happened
Why can't you just do you and for once and let me be happy ?
You'll never understand , you'll never be in this with us
But F.Y.I. what we have is more than a crush so stop calling it puppy love
'Cause if I won't even know when it's real , how can you possibly see signs
That define whether or not I'm wasting my time ?
Tell me ...

[Bridge]
What-what-what is love ?!

[Hook 2]
You're too young
You won't comprehend
You're too young
You'll never understand
You're too young
You're too young
thanks 4 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 13/02/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 13/02/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 13/02/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 08/03/2014(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#9 Posted : 08 March 2014 17:22:11(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

OOC : Seeing that I've had this thread up for 3 months now (technically 4) , I'm going to just get all the tracks posted so I wont have to hold it back anymore . Thanks to all who took the time to read the RPs for the previous tracks ! Very much appreciated .

UserPostedImage
Single : Reckless(분별없는)
Release Date : March 9th , 2014
Genre : K-Pop , Electrohop , Electropop
Written by : Mi Kyung Lee , Dae Na Guem , Mi Sun Kim
Produced by : NinaT , Scott RH , Buzz & Hype , Flame 1&2
Length : 5:05

Mi Su
Miki
Dae
Mae
All
Random girls..

[Intro]
Ayo , Mi•Mi !
Yeah Yeah
What do you think about this ?

Oh no ! No they didn't . They're K-POP made so they better stick with it .
Uh-uh , no ! Who does Mi•Mi think they is ? There's a basic system , so don't get too complex ...
But we're reckless ! Mi•Mi just can't help it ...
But we're reckless ! Mi•Mi can't keep it bottled in ...

Hahaha ,
Hey , let me introduce myself ...
Heeere comes trouble !
Woo ...
Lets go !

[Hook 1]
We ~ we ~ we are
We are reckless !

[Verse 1]
Wait a minute , take it back just a few
The syncopation is unbearable

Ooh ~ Changing up the game ,
Nothing will be the same
Call it pulling a Drake
Making a name for myself, while your's goes down the drain
Better prep yourself for the day I attain

All the success you gained , but never earned
All of the
( shh ! ) you were given but never deserved
One by one , two by two
Killin' SeeYa , Wassup and 5Dolls too

'Cause our music stays drillin' in
Like it's the line that's reeling because they are feeling it

The music is just that good
Who said we needed a gimmick ?

[Hook 1]
We ~ we ~ we are
We are reckless !
We ~ we ~ we are
We are reckless !

Ayo , stop ! Mi Su , put it down another way .

[Hook 2]
Ulineun mumo han-issseubnida

[Verse 2]
I'll say it again in every language I-I know
Got your attention just so I-I can let you know

That we , me , Mi•Mi's no joke
What , you had plans ? Put 'em on hold
'Cause we , me , Mi•Mi's all that
And if you don't like that you can kiss our --

Woah , woah , woah , stop the music !
What ?
We have to keep it PG for the kids , remember ?
PG ?! Mi Su , we're supposed to be reckless !
Well ... um ... PG-13 ?
... PG-13 it is !!

[Hook 3]
We ~ we ~ we are--
Gonna say this one more time !
We ~ we ~ we are--
I'm gonna say this one more time !

[Verse 3]
The music's on and it has you dancing
The beat is here and it's all on blast
And the vocals are oh so perfect
( You already know ! )
A triple threat , tell me can you handle that ?

[Hook 3]
We ~ we ~ we are--
Gonna say this one more time !
We ~ we ~ we are--
I'm gonna say this one more time !

[Verse 4]
Trying to copy my style ? Go ahead and scrape it up !
Just know that you'll never be able to rock it like Mi•Mi does
You don't have the walk , the talk
And lets not get started on the swagger
But I'm glad you're catching on

You missed the train ? Here's your chance to get on .

[Hook 2]

[Bridge]
And everyone knows it
That's why you hear it everywhere you go
Evidence all over the radios
~ios~ios
And that was only just a sample !

How many times do we have to say it ?

[Outro]

(I'll say it again in every language I-I know !)

( Got your attention just so I-I can let you know !)

( We ~ we ~ we are ... )

( We ~ we ~ we are ... )

Ulineun mumo han-issseubnida = We are reckless

thanks 3 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 09/03/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 09/03/2014(UTC), erich hess on 10/03/2014(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#10 Posted : 08 March 2014 17:54:21(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Track : Goin' Out
Genre : K-Pop , R&B Pop
Written by : Airemese Smith
Produced by : Scott RH
Length : 1:25

Mi Su
Miki
Dae
Mae
All

[Intro]
We're goin' out ~ we're goin' out
We're goin' out ~ we're goin' out

[Verse 1]
It's been a while since I've been out
I've been behaving nicely and waiting patiently ,
Just sitting here while you hit the scene

And now I'm starting to get sick and tired of playing house
So don't worry , do you while I search through my tightest dresses , get a little reckless
And finally do me

[Chorus]
I'm goin' out ~ oh baby , I'm goin' out (I'm going out)
I'm goin' out ~ oh baby , I'm goin' out (oh baby , I'm going out)
(Ah ah ah ah ah-wah ah ah ah ...)
Oh !
Called up my girls and we're about to take these rounds
Stopping at all the clubs and shutting every one of them down
Somebody better warn the town ...

(Ah ah ah ...)
Tonight, we're goin' out

thanks 2 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 09/03/2014(UTC), erich hess on 10/03/2014(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#11 Posted : 08 March 2014 18:12:52(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Track : Always
Genre : K-Pop Ballad
Written by : Mi Sun Kim , Airemese Smith
Produced by : ScottRH , NinaT
Length : 4:31

Mi Su

[Verse 1]
Remember when I was first born ?
Remember when you first took me home ?
Did you ever think it would come to this ?
'Cause you raised such a perfect girl
Kept her from all the evil in this world
And now I have to go out and face it on my own

[Chorus]
Always will I be what my mother raised
Always will I be daddy's little girl
Always will I be the annoying twin sister
Always will I miss you more than anything in the world
Always will my love remain
I promise I wont be long
Just keep open arms
And I'll always remember where I belong

[Verse 2]
Remember when I first got in trouble at school ?
Remember when I was running and scraped my knee on the table ?
Do you trust I've learned from my mistakes ?

[Chorus]
I promise I wont be long
Just keep open arms
And I'll always remember where I belong

[Bridge]
You're not the only one that's scared
You're not the only one that wasn't exactly prepared
But when it comes to my dreams , by any means necessary , I'll make them my reality
Just like how you taught me
Trust me..
I'll only change for better and nothing less

[Chorus]
I promise I wont be long
Just keep open arms
Always..
Just in case I forget

AmyJayneXoX on 09/03/2014(UTC), erich hess on 10/03/2014(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#12 Posted : 08 March 2014 18:30:27(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Track : Closer
Genre : Pop , Soul
Written by : Mi Kyung Lee , Airemese Smith
Length : 5:28

Miki
Dae
Both

[Verse 1]
I never really had a mind of my own
Taught a voice against your parents was wrong
But somehow I know what I want
And what I was given
Isn't it

[Pre-chorus]
So you can disown me as much as you want
And you can tell them all how ungrateful I was
'Cause knowing that I'm actually ..
Doing something for me
Fills in the holes you once were ...

[Chorus]
So close , if only we were a little closer
Almost wouldn't be our barrier
But since we're too stubborn to join hands
Here we stand
A mother without her child and a girl stranded
In a world where she just might need guidance
And we were so close , so close to making up
If only we were a little closer

[Verse 2]
If I could take back a thousand memories
I'd choose all the good ones of you and me
'Cause just maybe it wouldn't hurt as much
To long for love I've never received

[Pre-chorus]
'Cause now you just disown me as much as you can
Like the love you once had for me never existed

But knowing that I'm actually ..
Doing something for me

[Chorus]
But we were so close , if only we were a little closer
Here we stand
If only we were a little closer

[Bridge]
Huh , huh baby (Closer)
You know , you know baby (Closer)
So close , if only we were a little closer (If only)
You know , hey-ey-ey

[Pre-chorus]
So you can disown me as much as you want
And you can tell them all how ungrateful I was
'Cause knowing that I'm actually ..
Doing something for me

[Chorus]
So close , if only we were a little closer
Here we stand
If only we were a little closer ...

AmyJayneXoX on 09/03/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 09/03/2014(UTC), erich hess on 10/03/2014(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#13 Posted : 08 March 2014 18:42:07(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Track : Dirt Road
Genre : K-Pop Ballad
Written by : Dae Na Guem , Mae Na Guem , Airemese Smith
Produced by : NinaT , ScottRH
Length : 3:40

Mi Su
Miki
Dae
Mae
All

[Intro]
Oooh waha ha-ah
Oooh waha ha-ah

[Verse 1]
Might be walking on this dirt road
But I'm happier than ever before
Couldn't handle that town , always so judgmental
Hope they have fun when I'm gone

[Pre-hook]
'Cause without me there who is else is there to pick on ?
It's one thing to insult me , but my dreams ? I wont take it no more !

[Hook]
So I got my bags , said my goodbyes and packed up my clothes
They all doubted me , said I'll be nothing , but I'll prove them wrong

Hitting the road
Hitting the road
I'm hitting the road
Hitting the road
Hitting the road

The road ...

[Verse 2]
My flesh is weakening , but not my soul
For once in my life I am being strong
And though my heart isn't on the same page I'm on
We both agree there is no other way
'Cause we're not going back home

[Pre-hook]
'Cause with me there there's only one person to pick on
It's one thing to insult me , but my dreams ? I wont take it no more !

[Hook]
So I got my bags , said my goodbyes and packed up my clothes
They all doubted me , said I'll be nothing , but I'll prove them wrong

Hitting the road
Hitting the road
I'm hitting the road
Hitting the road
Hitting the road

The road ...

[Outro]
Sometimes no sense of direction is the best sense you could have
'Cause what good is common sense if you just end up crawling back ?
Sometimes the right thing to do is exactly the opposite of what they tell you ...

'Cause it might have worked for them ...
But would it work for you ?

AmyJayneXoX on 09/03/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 09/03/2014(UTC), erich hess on 10/03/2014(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#14 Posted : 09 March 2014 04:52:10(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Single : In Our Youth
Release Date : March 23rd , 2014
Genre : R&B Pop , Soul
Written by : Mi Sun Kim , Mae Na Geum , Mi Kyung Lee , Dae Na Guem , Airemese Smith
Length : 5:38

Mi Su
Miki
Dae
Mae
All
Deep Edited Voice

[Verse 1]
We used to think only the best was to come
Remember when I broke down crying saying bye to mom ?
I just knew this was the life for me , the life for me

But as I sit here and think to myself
What if our journey from misery could be straight to hell ?
Can't we just fix our past instead of running away ? It's nearer

[Pre-chorus]
Not being lazy , I could use the work
Just second guessing everything for what it's worth
I've been a fool before
Not trying to get hurt again

[Chorus]
I guess that my head is staying out of this
My heart's still beating but it's quiet
What does my soul say ?

"Forget all the stated facts and do it your way"

[Hook]
You mean just like when we were in our youth ?
In our youth , in our youth
In our youth
we didn't get hurt a thousand times
Just found a thousand different things that could make us cry

[Verse 2]
What happened to imagination ?
Where everything was all you wanted
No matter how far fetched it seemed , you knew you could have it
'Cause now I'm stuck between my dreams and reality
Looks like all those doubts finally got a hold of me
And this time I'm the only one holding me back

[Pre-chorus]
Not being lazy , I could use the work
I've been a fool before
Not trying to get hurt again

[Chorus]
I guess that my head is staying out of this
My heart's still beating but it's quiet
What does my soul say ?

[Hook]
In our youth

[Bridge]
They say only fools chase their dreams
Well then baby they must know us personally
'Cause we really thought they'd come true
We could be wrong but we could right
We'll never know if we don't even try

Mi•Mi we know ... which way to go

[Chorus]
'Cause even though our head's are staying out of this
And our heart's are beating but quiet
Our souls say

[Hook]
Just like when we were in our youth
In our youth we didn't get hurt a thousand times

[Hook]
In our youth

[Outro]
(Not being lazy , I could use the work
I've been a fool before
Not trying to get hurt again)

I guess that my head is staying..
My heart's still beating...
But it's quiet
It's quiet

Just like when we were (in our youth , in our youth , in our youth , in our youth)
Ayy !
(In our youth , in our youth , in our youth , in our youth)
Ayy !
Forget all the stated facts..

Edited by user 09 March 2014 08:29:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 4 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 09/03/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 09/03/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 09/03/2014(UTC), erich hess on 10/03/2014(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#15 Posted : 10 March 2014 03:48:43(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

In Our Youth(청소년에) is available for purchase WORLDWIDE right now !
Get it now on iTunes , Amazon , Google Play or in your local music store by next week !
Famouss7x7 on 10/03/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 10/03/2014(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#16 Posted : 10 March 2014 04:10:41(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17919 time(s) in 10412 post(s)
chloe:does going on a date with miki make me obligated to buy this?

nina:depends,love. um..how far did things go?

chloe: um not that! but we had fun. i spoke french to her and she said something in korean.

nina: *sighs and hands chloe her credit card* yeah. you are obligated. mainly due to this being something i want,but am too punk rock to buy.

erica:this is my only line.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
kandii on 10/03/2014(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#17 Posted : 10 March 2014 04:19:31(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3949 time(s) in 1347 post(s)
Amy-Jayne: I am proud to say I was happy to be a part of this album the whole album is strong any of the songs could of been singles fabulous job my girlies :)

OOC - amazing job Semeria finally you get this done it was totally worth the wait :D
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
Offline freestylechamp  
#18 Posted : 10 March 2014 04:33:21(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Kidd: Just picked up In our Youth. This was a good album and getting me some eastern appeal. Now if I could see them in concert.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
Offline kandii  
#19 Posted : 31 March 2014 03:48:36(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
chloe:does going on a date with miki make me obligated to buy this?

nina:depends,love. um..how far did things go?

chloe: um not that! but we had fun. i spoke french to her and she said something in korean.

nina: *sighs and hands chloe her credit card* yeah. you are obligated. mainly due to this being something i want,but am too punk rock to buy.

erica:this is my only line.

Miki : As far as I'm concerned , being someone who's known Erica for some time , you're already obligated to buy this . You're racist if not .

Mi Su : MIKI !

Miki : What ? We need these sales .

Mi Su : ... *Quietly* Carry on .

Offline kandii  
#20 Posted : 31 March 2014 03:51:34(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: AmyJayneXoX Go to Quoted Post
Amy-Jayne: I am proud to say I was happy to be a part of this album the whole album is strong any of the songs could of been singles fabulous job my girlies :)

OOC - amazing job Semeria finally you get this done it was totally worth the wait :D

Mi Su : Thank you so much , Amy ! We were so happy to have you on the album ! Really , anytime ! So great to see you love the it as well :)

OOC : Aw , thank you ! I know , I took forever lol :P

Edited by user 31 March 2014 03:58:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified