logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Andre Gandra  
#21 Posted : 31 May 2014 05:56:33(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Song: Lie to Me
Written By: Magie Lena, Lilly Stuart
Produced by: Will Rocca, mISTER_b (Drake Anthony)
Genre: Synthpop, R&B
Length: 3:46
Vocal Featured: Elyar Black

Magie announced this song as the third single off her debut album "Remember me" while she performed a special concert for iHeart Radio. The single will impact radio stations the same time it will be available for download worldwide next Sunday, it features Elyar Black as the male counterpart of the track and it was one of the most well received tracks for critics and audience while Magie was streaming her album. There's going to be a music video to promote the track featuring both singers.

BACKGROUND

Following through the final round of songs from this album, “Lie to Me” is an 80 synth pop tune with some R&B flavors clearly added by Will Rocca production hands. But more than just an R&B track, it has a throbbing synth beat from 80’s mixed with en electronic beat something too obviously performed by Drake’s turn tables. To all of that mixture comes Magie’s clean and loud vocals, she did reach her biggest range in this track, which makes it sound sexy and desperate at the same time, adding a nasty flavor to the track overall.
Other instruments presented on the track are electric guitar and it can be heard in the pre-choruses of the track. Magie is not the only singer in this track, she’s accompanied by Elyar Black and his performance is quite memorable, once he’s the counterpart of what Magie sings in the first verse and chorus of the track, both make it very sexually oriented and extremely appealing.
The song is about being abused sexually in a relationship, but not in a way that could be interpreted as humiliating or harassing, it is best seen as someone who’s being fooled by someone else who rather has sexual relations with this person than have a real relationship. Magie is the subject of the song and Elyar is the man who only wants to play with Magie, curiously or not, both singers are extremely good in this track, they sound sexy and as they were really in love.
Additional backing vocals are performed by both singers, in the final choruses of the track and its final lines too, which are shared between them. This track also changes the mood of the album once again, after a round of depressive and desolated songs, now it switched to a more sexy yet sad oriented intonation.

MAGIE COMMENTS

This song was first introduced for me by Neveah, I though she composed it, but Will Rocca is the owner of that R&B drum beats, so I had the idea of taking this track and showing Drake and we worked on that synth beat, I think it’s an instant hit in my opinion. It has a sexy taste on its lyrics and the melodies are just so danceable and smooth driven. I love this osng so much, Elyar added so much to it, he’s such a young guy but with a huge talent, I’m so happy we found him to feature in this track.

LYRICS

Magie
Elyar
Both

Lie to me, ‘cause I’ll lie to you
I don’t wanna hear what you’re thinkin’, fuck you
Stop teasing, ‘cause we’re through
The last thing I want is being deluded
By someone like you

But you know what they say
There’s no smoke without fire
I won’t hear what you say
You’re nothing but a liar
So hear what I say
You erased my fire
Hear what I say

You have your
Seductive games
Always getting what you want
But you can’t treat me like a cunt
So hear what I say

I won’t be who you want me to be
Don’t push it you won’t change me
I’m not the junk you used to pick
I won’t be another one in your list
Don’t try, your mask dropped now
Hear what I’m about to shout

Girl you want me, I know you do
Don’t deny it, you’ll be mine soon
You say I lie, but you lie too
I won’t hear your voice,
‘Cause we’re not through
(C’mon give me what I want)
Imma make you see the lights
Imma make you shine bright
Got your diamonds, make your soul fly
And once you’re mine, you won’t need to worry
I’ll make your dreams reality
You’re losing if you’re not with me

You know what they say
See, I am your man
So let me light your fire
As I grab your waist, I bet you won't call me a liar
I can dominate your nasty desires
You know what they say
See, I am your man
So let me light your fire
Enough with the games
We both think as the same
Surrender for me, and I’ll make you scream

And when you whisper in my ear
My fears disappear
But you’re just lying
And my body is agreeing
How can I be stronger?
If my body wants ya…

Girl you can’t resist me
Surrender for me baby
Are you stopping lying to me?
Girl you can’t resist me
Surrender for me baby

Stop talking, you lie to me

SOUNDS LIKE

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 7 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 31/05/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 31/05/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 31/05/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 31/05/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 04/06/2014(UTC), erich hess on 04/06/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 26/10/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#22 Posted : 31 May 2014 20:17:42(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Jennifer: These lyrics are E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G! This has to be one of my favorites from the album. It was one of those collabs that sounds a little 'huh' on paper but not bad :P
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 31/05/2014(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#23 Posted : 31 May 2014 23:01:06(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3956 time(s) in 1350 post(s)
Elyar: it was a pleasure to work with you on this track Magie, let's slay the charts :D

OOC - thanks for letting Elyar on this song it came out great :D
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 31/05/2014(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#24 Posted : 04 June 2014 04:06:22(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: When I hear this song, I always get the urge to start dancing. :)
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 04/06/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#25 Posted : 08 July 2014 04:41:50(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: Lie to Me
Magie feat. Elyar Black
Album: Remember Me
FREEDOM
Directed by: Jonas Akerlund

Elyar walks in this dark room, places a chair in front of a small stage with pole dance. He sits down comfortable waiting for the show to starts. In the background of the small stage comes Magie wearing only a black underwear, she puts a small radio on the ground, looks sexy to Elyar, gets in the stage and the music starts.
The whole video consists of close ups on Elyar face expression and the exuberant and extremely sexual dance routine of Magie while both singers lip-sync the song. It’s simple and raw.
Elyar and Magie did not touch each other in any moment of the video, they didn’t even get near each other, there’s only the metaphor of the girl trying to seduce this man who can’t do anything but keep admiring her outside beauty. Magie looks in shape and Elyar uses all of his charm to seduce her.
Towards the middle of the track, Elyar stands up of his chair and fall on his knees near the stage where Magie is performing her pole dance, he seems to beg her forgiveness, but Magie kept dancing and not believing on Elyar attempt to forgiveness.
The final moments of the video, Elyar lay down on the ground as if he died of watching Magie seducing him, Magie gets near his body, takes some amount of money off his pocket and leaves the place.

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 4 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 08/07/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 08/07/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 09/07/2014(UTC), erich hess on 09/07/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#26 Posted : 09 July 2014 00:14:57(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Honor: I like stripper Magie, she's cool.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 09/07/2014(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#27 Posted : 09 July 2014 00:39:48(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17920 time(s) in 10413 post(s)
Erich: i could dance like that before I had kids. On a side note,elyar looks like he is twelve. No strippers for you,young man!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Offline Andre Gandra  
#28 Posted : 09 July 2014 00:48:07(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Honor: I like stripper Magie, she's cool.

Magie: Thanks Honor, The best part of being a stripper is "you can look but no touch".

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erich: i could dance like that before I had kids. On a side note,elyar looks like he is twelve. No strippers for you,young man!

Magie: That's the reason the video almost was not released, we shot it like four months ago and our managers were afraid to release it. So it has four versions and this one was the lightest one, you know, there are some rules to follow...
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
erich hess on 09/07/2014(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#29 Posted : 09 July 2014 01:01:43(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17920 time(s) in 10413 post(s)
Erich:nice twist on the Lolita thing....though being male,would it be lolito?
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Offline Andre Gandra  
#30 Posted : 09 July 2014 02:08:31(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Magie: I think so, usually in past times, a father should've taken his son to a stripper club, so he could turn into a man.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline Andre Gandra  
#31 Posted : 08 August 2014 23:48:47(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

The fourth single of the misunderstood debut album by Brazilian born singer Magie is the title track “Remember Me”. The former ElectroDeath front woman released the album in May and it came to achieve moderate success by surpassing the one million mark, most probably by her last band’s fan base who apparently keeps on supporting its members (see Julia Volkova for example). The album released three singles which managed to enter both on digital and airplay charts moderately. But it does not seem to stop Magie of pursuing her dreams a she announces a third single taken from the same record, ready to impact radio and digital markets.
Certainly “Remember me” differ from its predecessor single “Lie to me” and despite it is a mid-tempo track it’s still different from “Like a Stone” (this one is the most successful single of Magie’s debut album). The concept behind “Remember me” is not about relationships or heartbreak, it’s more of a self-analyzing theme, where Magie claims that she wasn’t to be remembered event though she fears that all the hard worked she had to be where she is now, might not be enough for her to be remembered.
The song has received mixed to positive reviews from music critics, who praised the lyrics and Magie’s vocal performance, but criticized it for being one of many tracks presented on the album that does not represent the melodically line up of the album making the package of songs sound incomprehensive and messy. Magie might be focused on her touring recently, leaving her out of tabloids and magazine gossip pages, but at first she attracted some negative media attention for her image as she presented herself with sexualized imagery. It seems that at least for now she’s focused on her touring and no more controversial has been linked to her name. Despite all the odds, reports claim that Magie has already started working on the follow up for her debut album, focusing on her ‘ElectroDeath’ sound.
The single will be released as airplay this Sunday and it will be available on ITunes with a live version taken from Magie’s iHeart Radio TV special performance. A music video was shot in L.A. last month and it will be released on VEVO next Friday, the video was shot in black and white in an abandoned shore directed by Jonas Akerlund, reports claim that Magie filmed three music videos in one week with Jonas, this being the second one released.

ITunes and Amazon.com tracklisting

1- Remember me
2- Remember me (Live on iHeart Radio)

Song: Remember Me
Written By: Magie Lena
Produced by: mISTER_b (Drake Anthony), Will Rocca
Genre: Synth pop, pop
Length: 3:14

COMPOSITION

Riding in on a lone whistle straight out of an old Western movie, come the titled track of the record and the last one “Remember me”, Magie claims for attention in this song, she sounds crying over the gloomy melodies. It is a mid another mid tempo track but different than other previous mid tempo ballads of the record, this one is by far the best of them.
It has strings and piano till electronic beats come in over and turns it into a smash sad anthem. Magie’s vocals are crispy and strong (in the choruses of the song) she’s suffering throughout the track which eludes us that it was probably her most honest and rawest track so far.
The synth beats are a tremendous shift in this track, accompanied by acoustic strings and piano, they form a nature classic structure of a ballad track ready to conquer a number one spot on the charts. However it does not summarizes the album’s direction as a titled track would serve to, it is quite a standalone track if it were not for its previous counterpart (look away).
But the track is good, Lyrically it’s about grieving for a time that cannot cameback and even being creepy by analyzing that past time as a dead piece of someone’s life. Magie tell us that she fears people won’t remember her, and so she repeats the “remember me” phrase over and over, so her audience will remember to remember her. Well that sounds confusing.
The choruses are good but the standing part of track are the verses, with spooky vocals and extremely painful lines, Magie does her best work by transmitting the desolation feelings she has within her heart by singing those lines.
Again the whole album closes uncertain, it does not have a common feeling throught its songs, it started out with a direction that was not fulfilled on its end, but for a debut it serves well, at least Magie is ready to move on for her past (ElectroDeath) and we think that this last track might be about that.
The most notable thing abour this last track is that it was written by Magie alone and produced her best friend Drake plus Will Rocca and by talking about that we realize that this is the best direction that two big producers can brought in a near future for any struggling artist or for a brave artist that is up to risk a new direction in their own music.

LYRICS

Once I was sleeping
Now I'm awaken
To face my own reality
All we had chased, all we have conquered
Was nothing but a mere dream?
What is left for me to hold on?
Did something go wrong?
When I’m gone, when I’m done?
Will you remember me?

Seems I've been sleeping all this time
I haven’t lived a real life
There are no more stories to tell
You were watching as I fell
In my hands holds a blank page
But I can't write without faith
Tell me you still wait for me
Tell me do you remember me?

Remember, remember me,
Remember me, remember me

The written lines heard by millions
Don’t make sense anymore
They’re just there to haunt me, to make me weaker
Like memories I can’t let go
What is left for me to have hope?
Did I do anything wrong?
When we’re gone, When we’re done?
Will you remember me?

Seems I've been sleeping all this time
I haven’t lived a real life
You were watching as I fell
In my hands holds a blank page
But I can't write without faith
Tell me you still wait for me
Tell me do you remember me?

Seems we were sleeping all this time
We haven’t lived a real life
We were only delaying our fell
Now In my hands holds a blank page
I can re-write ‘cause I have faith
I know you still wait for me
I know you remember me

Remember, remember me,
Remember me, remember me

SOUNDS LIKE

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 2 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 08/08/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 09/08/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#32 Posted : 13 August 2014 23:18:44(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

Song: Remember Me
Magie
Album: Remember Me
FREEDOM
Directed by: Jonas Akerlund

In an abandoned shipyard, Magie is sit in front of the camera as it interchanges the scene with some shots of the ocean near the shipyard evidencing the wrecked environment surrounding Magie and she faces the camera and starts to sing the first lines of the song. As she sing the song lines, she performs theatrical body movements, representing the lines that she is singing, later on the first verse another scene is added to the video, revealing a Magie walking through the abandoned shipyard representing the solitude and isolation of being the only one left in that whole scenario.
The video shows of a transmutation that Magie goes through the song lines, the first verses of the song shown a very vulnerable Magie wearing no makeup, completely alone in a place that is abandoned and forgotten by people who used to work there or even the world in general if we understood the fact that when some things get older, they might’ve enter in ostracism, which by the way is the main theme of the track.
Other scenes of the video, shows Magie sewing a butterfly wing, she does it in a metaphor that for an artist it's vitally to transform its own imagery and sound to always bring new and exciting things for its audience so they won’t neglect you, by being repetitive and reductive. Feeling the sadness and isolating sensation the video brings, Magie share some tears at some point, but she dries with her hand, another metaphor of overcoming the struggles that sometime artists suffer by living under the spotlight or by not having the spotlight anymore.
Magie shows how flexible her body is, as she performs some yoga positions and in other scenes she dances some classical ballet too. The entire video reveals the person behind the celebrity so that’s the reason she doesn’t wear makeup and she uses a white dirty dress, barefoot and a messy hair.
Towards the end of the video, Magie wears the wings she was sewing before , revealing that she thinks she reinvented herself compared to what she used to do before and that she is ready to fly, although the video ends with Magie facing the edge of a rooftop that she was while she was sewing the wings, she faces it fearing she would fall and the wings won’t make she flies, the video end with Magie facing the camera, till she closes her eyes in a statement that she’ll jump off the edge, but before she could do that, the video ends.

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 5 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
erich hess on 13/08/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 14/08/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 14/08/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 26/10/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 26/10/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#33 Posted : 26 October 2014 10:56:59(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

UserPostedImage

This is the lead single of Magie’s second studio album as a soloist. Having experienced a moderate success with her first effort, she was back at the studio right after she ended supporting Vanity in her world tour “Pop Odyssey”. She was join by Sergio Galoyan, Russian producer and songwriter responsible for ElectroDeath first record “Do not Regret”. Lilly Stuart also wrote this track and Magie took part in the production of it as well.
Few is known about how the recording sections worked, it was all done secretly and only a few tips were revealed through the working process of her second album. Obviously, it represents a shift from her “Diva” debut album, this track finally proves she’s trying to be herself, she’s trying to find her identity. Other producers for the album includes The Vribrant and ElectroLightz. Magie is the executive producer this time and she revealed she recorded a track in Portuguese her native language. The song was performed during the Fall Festival, a music video was shot a couple of months ago, it will premier one week later the release of the single. The album is set to be release in January.

Calling Your Name
Written by: Lilly Stuart, Magie Lena, Sergey Galoyan
Produced by: Magie Lena, Sergey Galoyan
Genre: Electronica, Electro Rock
Label: FREEDOM
Format: Digital, Airplay, Stream
Length: 3:54

Song Description

A spooky ambient sound starts the song progressively until a round of guitar riffs break in followed by the melodic and claiming vocals by Miss Lena. Her voice sets the melodic aspects of the first verse, the electronic drum comes together, the first verse sounds as a longer introduction prepping the listener for the first chorus. The chorus has several elements of rock music, it receives more guitar riffs but it manages to keep the electronic influences of the track with synth beats, a programmed drum sequence and creepy distortions slightly added to Magie’s vocals. Backing vocals take Magie’s voice to plural form it does might left a power ballad sensation. The bridge between the chorus and the second verse has a solo of guitar and this guitar keeps playing through the second verse, this one very different from the first because now the song is in full shape with louder guitars. Magie’s voice still sounds desolating but a little bit more hopeful compared to the first verse. The second chorus repeats just as the first one, then replacing the solo guitar bridge, there’s the final verse of the track, where the melodies are simplified to a keyboard riff and Magie’s singing in falsetto. It works to set the mood of the song apart from its start, when we perceived a creepier Magie now we have a confident woman. The final choruses come after the hook and some cool elements of electronic music are added in the background of the track, such as Magie’s vocalization of the name of the song while the main vocal performance remains louder. The ambient sounds can be slightly heard too. Reaching the end of the track the bridge of the guitar solo sets to end it till it progressively simplifies its sound by ending the several elements of its full form, in the final second only the electronic synth beat are lefts and it ends with an echo effect.
Lyrically the verses of the track tells a story of overcoming a bad situation, it describes the sensation of being inside of a whirlwind of bad feelings and how suffocating the hurt can be for living. There’s also allusion of being controlled by anything that you don’t agree with, it can pay reference to anti-depressive drugs that outs humans minds to static states not letting them freely. Magie suffered of depression a while back when her first fiancé died tragically in a car accident, subjects of being stuck and in issues with its own mind has always been on her songwriting. The choruses of the track work as the salvation mantra she needed to overcome the situation she was in, it is repeated twice at the end.

Lyrics

Suffocating pain
Keeps me inside this whirlwind
Then I am restrained
To a subjective truth imposed to me

I’ve became
Afraid of the dark
Light is away from me
My will is lost

I look to everywhere and there’s no sign
I’m running to nowhere I can find
I keep on screaming your name
At the height of my despair, I retrieve
The reason of my conscience relieves me
Focusing in the biggest aim

Drowning in oblivion
Memories I’d like to erase
And illusory visions
Remain disturbing my senses

Then I find myself
Completely alone
Longing for help
‘Cause all hope is gone

My thoughts combust
As this despair starts to fade
I turn away from lust
Can I keep calling your name?
My biggest aim…

(Calling your name)

Sounds Like

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 7 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 26/10/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 26/10/2014(UTC), erich hess on 26/10/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 26/10/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 26/10/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 27/10/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 02/11/2014(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#34 Posted : 26 October 2014 12:22:08(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Ooc: Really really love the way the lyrics came out! :) The sound a like is interesting, ive heard of T.A.T.U. Before but havent given them a chance til now!
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 27/10/2014(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#35 Posted : 26 October 2014 14:02:49(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Cinzia: AMAZING! The ElectroDeath vibes this song is giving me really just makes me love this track even more. Loved this when you performed it and I am loving the studio version as well. :)

ooc: Love it. Great choice of direction for Magie's second album!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 27/10/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#36 Posted : 27 October 2014 05:43:38(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post
Ooc: Really really love the way the lyrics came out! :) The sound a like is interesting, ive heard of T.A.T.U. Before but havent given them a chance til now!

OOC: Thank you, you must check t.A.T.u. they might look like bullshit, but they're lyrics are really good, so sad they're not together anymore.

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
Cinzia: AMAZING! The ElectroDeath vibes this song is giving me really just makes me love this track even more. Loved this when you performed it and I am loving the studio version as well. :)

ooc: Love it. Great choice of direction for Magie's second album!

Magie: You killed it too! I loved your performance and the new track is hot, so happy to see you back I miss you so much ;)

OOC: Thanks, I think it's way better now.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline Andre Gandra  
#37 Posted : 01 November 2014 03:23:27(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

CALLING YOUR NAME single EP

This is a special release EP to promote Magie’s first single of her second studio album. This EP consists of songs she performed at the Fall Festival and a B-side of her second studio album. Magie was on studio recording music for her second album when she re-recorded her vocals for classical ElectroDeath singles, the same she performed at the festival. Those studio versions also are a form of celebration for the bands legacy after ten years of career and three years of their last release.
The EP will only be available on iTunes digitally; people who bought it will also be able to download the video of Magie’s Fall Festival performance. The track listing of the EP begins with the electro-rock new track ‘Calling Your Name’ that already let the fans a taste of Magie’s new sound and approach, critics claim that she is finally back at her roots and on shape as she left the basic EDM album she released earlier this year in her past. Finally, she was able to connect to her own music roots; the hopeful track also comes with extremely good vocals. The track ‘Bring me Reality’ also keeps the industrial vibe alive but adds a more melodic intonation, it starts with piano, later bass comes in, and Magie sings over these fast melodic tempo. It is probably the closest she gets to her debut track, but the song is only a b-side so we can hope it was just an attempt to find a balance between the industrial electro-rock sound and the EDM influence.
The next three tracks are ElectroDeath’s re-editions. Magie kept the same melody and structure these track originally had, but obviously, now they’re fully sung by her, it seems that they even re-worked the backing vocals of the tracks, so only Magie can be heard singing them. Som lyrics were slightly changed, perhaps Magie had some elder versions of these track once she was also responsible for the songwriting of them when she was with her band. ‘Here and After’ was lead single of ElectroDeath’s Greatest Hits Album, it also marks the last track that Julia collaborated with them before she left the band, it is a progressive house track with melodic vocals while its beats are more suitable for a dance club. Then we have “When your hearts not open’ the most successful single of ElectroDeath, the ambient sounds and the nostalgic sensation this track brings to its listeners is something the die-hard fans of the Magi will cry about. The piano ballad ‘Lost in This Dance’ is fragile and strong the same time, Magie sounds brilliantly beautiful on it.
The last track is a pop radio remix for the single which names the EP, this one being cleverly produced but not as good as the original version, it is more electronic oriented, the guitar riffs are not there instead it has synth pop riffs and other elements of dance music. Magie sounds one note higher than the original recording, but it is still relevant if you wanna have a second sight on the single itself.
This mixing sensations brought by the EP can be a revival for what Magie’s career has represented in the past, she might’ve took a hard path earlier this year, one that she almost buried her opportunity to shine. However certainly, this new era will put her back on her own trails; at least she has a truthful identity not the manufactured pop album she released before this. What can make her fans sad is the fact that an EP like this might be the closest thing they’ll hear about ElectroDeath in a long future, but if you have hope, maybe you’ll think this could be a prediction for a reunion, I doubt it.

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Lyrics

Edited by user 09 January 2015 04:52:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 5 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 01/11/2014(UTC), erich hess on 01/11/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 01/11/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 02/11/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 02/11/2014(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#38 Posted : 05 November 2014 23:10:33(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Bring me Reality (B-Side)
Written by: Magie Lena, Lilly Stuart
Genre: EDM
Lenght: 3:54'

Song Description

Piano introduces the EDM track, until the bass line and drum breaks in and Magie with her clean high voice melodically sings the first verse of it. The drums are fast and dance pop influenced, the bass line also adds a disco influence into the song which can be compared to late 90's electronic music. Some effects are later added to Magie's vocals but mainly echoes and subtle distortion, her voice for the most part of the song, remains pure and clean. Through her vocals are transmitted such a spiritual and hopeful sensation though the lyrics of the track might not be the happiest one.
For the chorus of the track Magie is accompanied by a male vocal performed by the producer of the track, the Russian producer and DJ Sergey Galoyan, he is the former producer responsible for ElectroDeath very first album. There's no doubt that Magie's new music is homage to her roots in the late band. If it weren't for the breakdown of the track we would believe it was recorded in late 90s, but when comes the time for the breakdown we have the allusion to be transported back into Magie's synth pop debut album. The synth beats and house elements mixed with fast tempo drums transforms the track into a rave electronic music, ready for EDM festivals across the globe.
Mainly the track is not a standout and perhaps for that reason it is a B-side, officially set to appear in the deluxe edition of Magie's upcoming second album. But let's say that it is not all mediocre and poor and some of the songs on her debut album were. Here at least she is on her element, her voice sounds equal to the purpose of the track, the industrial sound of it, puts Magie on her best shape.
Lyrically it's quite a poem, she is talking about fake smiles and unreal people comparing her exit from a misery life to a fantasy dream, it could be an LSD trip and perhaps that's what she's talking about, going in a club and having those synthetic drugs just to scape a misery reality, but of course, when it's too much you'll probably be asking that reality back, so 'bring her reality'.

Lyrics

Fake smiles captured by flashing lights
The face isn’t index to the heart
Still living in this misery
Grabbing crumps of world in fantasy

Bring me reality

Say who you really are
The truth that I want
I’m asking you to open your heart
Bring me reality
Say who you really are
The truth that I want
Bring me reality

And in a dream, I leave this world
I leave behind the hurt
And all alone, I backstop the choices
Avoiding what life has of worst

Bring me reality

Say who you really are
The truth that I want
Bring me reality

Say who you really are
The truth that I want
Bring me reality

Say who you really are
The truth that I want
Bring me reality
No harm to cause
No fears of flaws
And no one can wake me up
Or to bring me reality

Sounds Like

Calling Your Name (Radio Remix)

Written by: Lilly Stuart, Magie Lena, Sergey Galoyan
Genre: Dance Pop, industrial
Remixed by: The Vibrant (ElectroDeath Team)
Label: FREEDOM
Format: Airplay, Stream
Length: 3:53

Description

Quite different from the original version of the song, this remix was produced by one of ElectroDeath's team member, The Vibrant. The 20 years old producer / DJ who already worked with mISTER_b and Magie signs what comes to be the most atmospheric remix of a single that Magie had release all of her career. It starts with electronic industrial elements sequence evolving into an atmospheric ambient sound, very creepy and isolating, nothing compared to the electric guitar riffs for the first version. Does it works better than the original version? well you'll be the judge to it, obviously this remix sounds a lot more programmed and digitally distorted than its original version, that sounds more raw and passionate.
But this remix also adds some very cool stylish house music elements turning it into a more danceable track. The subtle sounds on the track are built to form a weird and creepy remix, if you'll listen to it at first you'll think the track is quite unusual, if it weren't for Magie's vocals for example, it would not sound melodically as it sounds. So basically we can say that this remix also lets Magie shines bigger with her vocal performance, which is also the same we listen on its original version, but less passionate and with some auto tune here and there.
The remix ends just like it started out, with a vanishing effect and the ambient sounds that serve as the background for the whole track. In terms of radio mainstream, this remix might be more suitable than the original rock influenced version, people nowadays, prefer not listen to heavy guitar riffs, but we still believe that it is not better than the other version. For the fans it's another look to what is coming, musically for this second album of the singer, the affirmation of her being on her element, is undeniable, despite the quality of this music.

Lyrics

Suffocating pain
Keeps me inside this whirlwind
Then I am restrained
To a subjective truth imposed to me

I’ve became
Afraid of the dark
Light is away from me
My will is lost

Drowning in oblivion
Memories I’d like to erase
And illusory visions
Remain disturbing my senses

Then I find myself
Completely alone
Longing for help
‘Cause all hope is gone

My thoughts combust
As this despair starts to fade
I turn away from lust
Can I keep calling your name?
My biggest aim…

Sounds Like

Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

thanks 2 users thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 08/11/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 09/11/2014(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#39 Posted : 09 November 2014 00:49:52(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
OOC: Great RP here, and I love the idea of doing a B-side for a single as well. Nice work :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 09/11/2014(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#40 Posted : 10 November 2014 05:26:50(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Anniken: Abieeee! What did I tell you about releasing all this beautiful music all at once?! My heart can't take it! Then again, there's not much my heart can take. If this just the EP then I'm am ready for this album. Sooooo ready.
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 10/11/2014(UTC)