logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1 Posted : 19 May 2014 07:54:07(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
UserPostedImage
TITLE: Hate You (feat. Maddie Urie)
ARTIST: Sara Daniels
WRITTEN BY: Sara Daniels
LENGTH: 3:29
GENRE: Electropop, pop rock, pop punk
PRODUCER: Reza Vranitzky

It's been a long time since Sara Daniels has graced the airwaves with her beautiful, alternative voice and style, but it looks like now she's back - and she might just be here to stay. Sara returns with an electropop song written to her ex, telling him exactly what everybody has thought about one of their exes at some point or another: That she - "H-A-T-E" - hates him and that she never wants to see him again. She's joined with fellow alternative rock gal Maddie Urie, who echoes Sara's bitter words with some of her own. It's the classic bitter soon-to-be-ex-girlfriend ballad, with both women giving the song their all, obviously letting out some major emotions and feelings into the track as they describe the experience of slowly realizing just how much you can hate the person that you're with. The song overall is the perfect reintroduction for Sara into the music world, not only because it features such a big name as Maddie Urie, but because it also features some of the fantastic musical themes and vocals that Sara has always brought to her music that surely many fans have missed for the past few months that she's been away from the spotlight.

The track opens with both Sara Daniels and Maddie Urie softly whispering, "Just leave, leave, leave, leave..." as a heavy electropop beat comes in. The sound is almost menacing as it starts, and knowing that the track is titled Hate You can't mean that the song is going to be about anything particularly happy. There's a pause before you hear both of them whisper, "Leave," one last time, this time a little bit louder than the first line of the intro before a chaotic percussion comes in. There's no sure and stable beat - it constantly changes to keep up with Sara and Maddie's voices throughout the song. Sara starts off with the verse of the song, her voice very quick tempo-ed, seeming almost as if she is just speaking in rhythm rather than singing. She describes her relationship, saying that she's kept her hopes high that things will eventually work out between them, but she knows that in the end, he'll always find a reason to make her into the bad guy. She tells him that she pretends not to notice that everybody is watching them when they fight - just like they both pretend that they're actually working out their relationship when they yell at each other. Maddie takes the next verse, her voice mirroring the same way Sara's was before, singing that she knows that she has to get out of this relationship because it's never going to change. She asks for one more day, because she still has things she has to say to him. In the pre-chorus, although the beat seems to speed up, Sara and Maddie's voices slow down to the point where they are actually harmonizing and vocalizing with each other. They seem to be readying themselves for the chorus almost literally - obviously in the chorus is when they will ultimately decide to leave their boyfriends, so in the pre-chorus, they seem to be talking themselves into it, telling themselves that this is their "last chance" and that it's time to walk away.

Now with Sara, Maddie, and the listeners sufficiently convinced that the best thing to do would be to leave this relationship, the song launches into the chorus, where it finally happens. Sara sings, "I'm leaving," alone before they both sing together, explaining that for their own sake, they have to leave, because all the fighting that they've been doing isn't healthy. Maddie mirrors this as well in the third line of the chorus, singing, "'Cause I'm leaving," and then they come back together again, asking their now ex-boyfriend how it feels to realize that their love isn't real anymore. And then the moment that the singers and the listeners have been waiting for: Both girls enthusiastically proclaim, "I H-A-T-E Y-O-U," with Sara repeating behind - in case anybody forgot how to spell during the course of the song - "hate you," to which they then repeat the sentiment before going into the third verse of the song. Sara holds on to the end of, "you," until the music starts to fade out and returns to the very simple electro beat that it had before in the beginning of the song. Maddie starts this verse off, but now the girls aren't playing nice anymore. While the beginning of the song was full of them trying to convince themselves that leaving the relationship would be the best idea, now they're sure of it, and are ready to let their exes have it. Maddie tells her ex that she's not his to boss around anymore, and that he's been the reason she needs to drink this entire time. Sara echoes these sentiments, telling him that she can't wait to never see him or any of his dumbass friends again, and that she'll be gone before he can do anything about it. The pre-chorus and the chorus repeat themselves after that, but the girls' voices are a bit different: While before they seemed a little unsure of themselves and if they're making the right decision in the pre-chorus, now they're completely confident in their choice and are ready to get away. After the chorus, the song breaks down to the simplest beat it has, and now Sara and Maddie repeat, "Just leave," over almost no other sound except for each other's voices and this simple beat. The beat starts to speed up a little more by the second "Just leave," adding another, stronger beat into the mix. By the third time "Just leave," is repeated, the song is ready to return to the way it was before, with the girls singing their message of hate to their exes again before fading out. The music carries on for a few seconds longer, slowing down until finally ending with one final note.

Sara
Maddie
Both

Just leave, leave, leave, leave
Leave

I can't leave when hopes are high
Though I know who'll play the bad guy
I'll pretend that nobody's watching
While we pretend this yelling is talking

I know I should get away
I know this game that we play
Give me, give me one last day
Last words, last words to say

Got to get away from him
This is my last chance, sink or swim
Time to cut off this phantom limb

I'm leaving, can't take anymore fighting
And I will keep my head held high

'Cause I'm leaving, tell me how does it feel
To learn that love is a lie?

I H-A-T-E Y-O-U, hate you

So quit calling me your girl
Stop, unless you want my hate to unfurl
Because I'm done being scared to tell you what I think
You've been the reason I need to drink

Can't wait to never see you
And all your dumbass friends, too
Don't be surprised when you find that I'm gone
Or that all your shit is on the front lawn

Got to get away from him
This is my last chance, sink or swim
Time to cut off this phantom limb

I'm leaving, can't take anymore fighting
And I will keep my head held high

'Cause I'm leaving, tell me how does it feel
To learn that love is a lie?

Just leave, just leave, just leave

SOUNDS LIKE:
The Veronicas - Insomnia

thanks 9 users thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 19/05/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 19/05/2014(UTC), Moquel on 19/05/2014(UTC), kandii on 19/05/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 19/05/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 19/05/2014(UTC), C4AJoh on 20/05/2014(UTC), erich hess on 20/05/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 21/05/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2 Posted : 19 May 2014 12:22:21(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Jennifer: I adoooore this song so much, it's too cute. :) Your voices are so unique together and the lyrics are playful yet I love them! What a great collab ladies.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 20 May 2014 03:35:25(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8542 time(s) in 2676 post(s)
Maddie: So awesome for you to have me be on such a great track! Such great fun!

Koda: Sh*t you're definitely a feisty one! I believe your previous single had the phrase "I'll slit your f*cking throat open"? Yeah, well I like it! Awesome song, great lyrics and throwing little Maddie into the mix was super kind of you, she's not got much going for herself at the minute.

Maddie: F*ck you, Koda!
Offline Famouss7x7  
#4 Posted : 20 May 2014 11:59:22(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC; Such an awesome record! Happy to see Sara active again. Glad she's with you :) Great song for her. This has Sara written all over it and the lyrics are really cool. Such a woman's anthem :P
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#5 Posted : 20 May 2014 12:02:30(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3949 time(s) in 1347 post(s)
Adam: yes Sara this is a great tune, I like it a lot I can't stop playing it :)

OOC - amazing lyrics as always from you both
UserPostedImage
Offline erich hess  
#6 Posted : 20 May 2014 12:06:06(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17919 time(s) in 10412 post(s)
Erica: it's snappy ,it's slappy,it's me.

Nina: you wish,love.you know you are anything but this bratty,love. You are more like Toto or foreigner.

Ooc: this almost makes me like avril
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#7 Posted : 21 May 2014 04:53:11(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: O-M-G I love this! I take it back, this is definitely my new favorite song right now. :)

Ooc: I'm so glad that Sara is still around. You're doing a great job with her. :)
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

Offline DistortedAudio  
#8 Posted : 21 May 2014 06:28:28(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
Peter Hampshire: I think this is an interesting new direction for you to head in, and I already like Maddie Urie. I think this is probably the natural evolution of the Sara I remember from Starfactory.
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline snap_itshannah  
#9 Posted : 21 May 2014 06:39:30(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Jennifer: I adoooore this song so much, it's too cute. :) Your voices are so unique together and the lyrics are playful yet I love them! What a great collab ladies.

Sara: Thank you so much, Jennifer! We were going for a kind of playful, yet 'fuck you' sort of vibe, so that's great that you got the playful feel out of it. :)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#10 Posted : 21 May 2014 06:41:20(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Maddie: So awesome for you to have me be on such a great track! Such great fun!

Koda: Sh*t you're definitely a feisty one! I believe your previous single had the phrase "I'll slit your f*cking throat open"? Yeah, well I like it! Awesome song, great lyrics and throwing little Maddie into the mix was super kind of you, she's not got much going for herself at the minute.

Maddie: F*ck you, Koda!

Sara: Oh, Maddie, thank you for being on the track! I couldn't imagine anybody else! :) And Koda, be niceeeeee, Maddie is awesome. ;) Thank you so much, guys!
Offline snap_itshannah  
#11 Posted : 21 May 2014 06:43:26(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
OOC; Such an awesome record! Happy to see Sara active again. Glad she's with you :) Great song for her. This has Sara written all over it and the lyrics are really cool. Such a woman's anthem :P

OOC: Thank you so much, Jaime! I'm glad you like it and it fits Sara well. :)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#12 Posted : 21 May 2014 06:45:30(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Adam: yes Sara this is a great tune, I like it a lot I can't stop playing it :)

OOC - amazing lyrics as always from you both

Sara: Great, Adam, thanks! :) Means a lot!

OOC: Thank you so much!
Offline snap_itshannah  
#13 Posted : 21 May 2014 06:48:29(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Erica: it's snappy ,it's slappy,it's me.

Nina: you wish,love.you know you are anything but this bratty,love. You are more like Toto or foreigner.

Ooc: this almost makes me like avril

Sara: Hahahaha, thanks, girls! It means a lot that you guys listened to our song! :)

OOC: Ohhhh Joshhhhhh. You don't like anything somewhat mainstream. lol
Offline snap_itshannah  
#14 Posted : 21 May 2014 06:50:59(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Kourtney: O-M-G I love this! I take it back, this is definitely my new favorite song right now. :)

Ooc: I'm so glad that Sara is still around. You're doing a great job with her. :)

Sara: Awww, thanks, Kourtney! That's awesome of you to say! :)

OOC: Thank you so much! That means a lot!
Offline snap_itshannah  
#15 Posted : 21 May 2014 06:53:00(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Quote:
Peter Hampshire: I think this is an interesting new direction for you to head in, and I already like Maddie Urie. I think this is probably the natural evolution of the Sara I remember from Starfactory.

Sara: Thank you, Peter. :) Yeah, Maddie Urie is pretty cool, huh? I dig her, too. ;) Hahahah.