logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#1 Posted : 02 June 2014 21:36:10(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Single : Sentenced4Life
Artist : Rum & Coke
Release Date : June 1, 2014
Genre : Pop
Length : 3:36
Label : Studio60 , Tric-Jam Records
Written by : Airemese Smith , Nina Tarantino
Produced by : NinaT

Sentenced4Life is a song by Hip Hop duo Rum & Coke , released on June 1st , 2014 as the first single from their upcoming third studio album . The song was written by the 2 members Airemese Smith and Nina Tarantino and produced by the rapper of the group , known as many by her producing name , NinaT . The song was premiered worldwide at the Chaos Awards on March 31st , 2014 while the duo opened the show . Within seconds , #Sentenced4Life was trending during the energetic opening performance and later on , Coke announced that the song was to be released at midnight , saying , "And guess what ? We didn't even perform the full version . So you might want to jump on that ."

After releasing Perks Of Fame in March and vowing to not promote it in anyway , the duo quickly switched gears and began to hype up the world about their plans for the summer . The upcoming album was originally supposed to come earlier but after noticing the two had a pattern for writing concept projects , they began to develop a project kin to their debut Venom & Versace . What originally started off as an E.P turned into a mix tape and then a full length studio album . So for 2 months , the album was put on hold as Perks Of Fame was recorded , mixed and released . After writing and recording more songs for the current album in the spare time they had while working on Perks Of Fame , the album began to develop even more as more and more tracks were added to the project . Originally the lead singles were going to be between the tracks Fun & Games and Guns & Bandages but after writing , recording and mixing Sentenced4Life , the duo knew with no doubt , it had to be the lead .

The song starts off as a simple striding beat as Rum (in the second verse , Coke) sings in a clear and somewhat disappointed voice . The production is very simple and it gradually builds onto itself throughout the pre-chorus and it's bass becomes the hard hitting chorus . Unlike most of the songs you hear today and just like everything Rum & Coke is known for , the song is less focused on the production and more focused on the vocals , yet perfectly builds onto the song . They both work perfectly together , adding to each other and causing a perfect combination . The "simple" production for the chorus becomes an explosive experience for the listener when Rum & Coke takes their turns performing their vocal acrobatics . The song has been described vocally as Rum & Coke's strongest song yet and gives critics what they've been waiting for , suspecting that all this time Coke has been holding back when it came to the strength in her voice .

Even thought one could assume and mistake Sentenced4Life as an everyday song on an everyday album , there is a story and background to it , rumored to be the aim of their whole album . The story behind the song has yet to be told by Rum & Coke but the two have hinted such , saying , "We picked this as the lead single because it's literally the perfect summary of [the album] . Once the album comes out and you hear it and actually listen [to it] and experience all we're doing , it's all gonna tie together and make so much sense ."

Rum
Coke
Both

[Verse 1]
Call girls know their worth
You already bought the diamond ring , why else would you work ?
Such a fool , I know you prefer them pretty girls
But still I lay flat on my back
Tryna replace that something I never had
I feel the love , I feel the love

[Pre-chorus]
Count to 3 , count to 3 ... think
If only you thought about it first ...

[Chorus]
But I'm gonna hold back all of these tears , all of these tears
And and I'm gonna get back all of those years , all of these years
Fate was wrong this time , this isn't my prime , so for tonight ...
I'm gonna hold back all of these tears , all of these tears !

[Bridge]
Gave this life all that I had inside
Did nothing but set fires inside
Forget what happens on the inside
Spent too much time sentenced to this life

This can't be what's sitting on the inside
Sacrificed all of my insides

SENTENCED FOR LIFE

[Verse 2]
Pretty girls all know hurt
Stay perfecting ourselves while you're out at work
Just to see , If I can possibly convert you from them call girls

[Pre-chorus]
If only you thought about it first ...

[Chorus]
But I'm gonna hold back all of these tears , all of these tears
And and I'm gonna get back all of those years , all of these years
Fate was wrong this time , this isn't my prime , so for tonight ...
I'm gonna hold back all of these tears , all of these tears !

[Bridge]
Gave this life all that I had inside
Did nothing but set fires inside

This can't be what's sitting on the inside
Sacrificed all of my insides

SENTENCED FOR LIFE

CHAOS AWARDS VIII PERFORMANCE
thanks 7 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 02/06/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 03/06/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 03/06/2014(UTC), DistortedAudio on 03/06/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 03/06/2014(UTC), erich hess on 04/06/2014(UTC), C4AJoh on 14/06/2014(UTC)
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#2 Posted : 04 June 2014 03:21:40(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Harmony: Oh spaghetti! This totally feels like deja vu. I heard this song in my dreams once. It was the one where I was at prom and dancing with a monkey! Ahhh good dreams. Anywhos this track is certainly bombstastic!

Ooc: Really great job. :)
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

thanks 1 user thanked Princess_Valentine for this useful post.
kandii on 04/06/2014(UTC)
Offline Moquel  
#3 Posted : 04 June 2014 03:28:43(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
Danielle: OH HELL NOOOOO girls, this song makes me feel some kinda way! Fa real tho. Like you hear them, they cutting the hell up.. It's so emotional and I'm not the type of chick to cry-

Aubrei: Will you just learn to let go Danielle and be a woman? It's beautiful to cry. That shows the 'real' you.

Bianca: Girl, I think she just called you fake.. lowkey..

Danielle: I think she did too.. HOLD UP! I am real sweetheart. I will always be but shit, I'm not about that life to cry, even thought the song is dope but no ma'am, not today.

Aubrei: I will cry Rum and Coke because I can feel the emotional connections both of you are feeling and it's beautiful. I love to see artist write something so personal and that what makes classic hits, the real personal things.. that's what music is all about.. I say, bravo girls.

Laci: So lovely and sad. It breaks my heart to see this happen to so many people... it tells a story but gives you that emotional impact as well. It shows a different side to you girlies. I loved it.

Bianca: Are yall done? ....

Aubrei: ...... Yes...

Bianca: Thank God. Anyway, yeah.. good job girls. It's FYAA.... a little burnt, but fire.

OOC: I always loved Rum & Coke so to see a different side of them as artists is really great!
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Moquel for this useful post.
Online erich hess  
#4 Posted : 04 June 2014 04:28:37(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17920 time(s) in 10413 post(s)
Erica: rum and coke make me proud to have ovaries.

Nina: with logic like that,why aren't you a politician,love?

Erica: I look butch as hell in a pantsuit.

Nina: yeah,you do. It makes you look like peter pan on a job interview.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#5 Posted : 04 June 2014 04:55:51(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Dylan: Oh, the pipes on you two. I want you to know I'm singing this, in the shower, but I don't even care about notes right now. It's just so fun to sing aloud, you know? I think the pre-chorus is super catchy and even though it's a small part of the song, it's my favorite.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Offline freestylechamp  
#6 Posted : 04 June 2014 05:40:37(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Stacks: it's Aight, I not going to nip pick and say that it wasn't really my thing. I could just say this is bullshit because we both know neither of you two are going to get married, but I'm just going to say it was alright.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
kandii on 06/06/2014(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#7 Posted : 14 June 2014 05:28:09(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Harmony: Oh spaghetti! This totally feels like deja vu. I heard this song in my dreams once. It was the one where I was at prom and dancing with a monkey! Ahhh good dreams. Anywhos this track is certainly bombstastic!

Ooc: Really great job. :)

Rum : ...............

Coke : A monkey huh ?

Rum : WE BOMBTASTIC THOUGH , COKE . WE ARE BOMBTASTIC .

OOC : Thank you :)

Originally Posted by: Moquel Go to Quoted Post
Danielle: OH HELL NOOOOO girls, this song makes me feel some kinda way! Fa real tho. Like you hear them, they cutting the hell up.. It's so emotional and I'm not the type of chick to cry-

Aubrei: Will you just learn to let go Danielle and be a woman? It's beautiful to cry. That shows the 'real' you.

Bianca: Girl, I think she just called you fake.. lowkey..

Danielle: I think she did too.. HOLD UP! I am real sweetheart. I will always be but shit, I'm not about that life to cry, even thought the song is dope but no ma'am, not today.

Aubrei: I will cry Rum and Coke because I can feel the emotional connections both of you are feeling and it's beautiful. I love to see artist write something so personal and that what makes classic hits, the real personal things.. that's what music is all about.. I say, bravo girls.

Laci: So lovely and sad. It breaks my heart to see this happen to so many people... it tells a story but gives you that emotional impact as well. It shows a different side to you girlies. I loved it.

Bianca: Are yall done? ....

Aubrei: ...... Yes...

Bianca: Thank God. Anyway, yeah.. good job girls. It's FYAA.... a little burnt, but fire.

OOC: I always loved Rum & Coke so to see a different side of them as artists is really great!

Rum : Yass ! Thank y'all so much <3 You know I love me some 4U !

OOC : Thanks ! :)

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erica: rum and coke make me proud to have ovaries.

Nina: with logic like that,why aren't you a politician,love?

Erica: I look butch as hell in a pantsuit.

Nina: yeah,you do. It makes you look like peter pan on a job interview.

Coke : Nothing about you looks butch Erica 😂 I could see the Peter Pan comparisons though . But do you think that stops Ellen ? NO !

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
Dylan: Oh, the pipes on you two. I want you to know I'm singing this, in the shower, but I don't even care about notes right now. It's just so fun to sing aloud, you know? I think the pre-chorus is super catchy and even though it's a small part of the song, it's my favorite.

Coke : This took the longest to record this song because of those notes but I'm happy we got you stressing out your vocals too lol ! Thank you a lot , Dylan !

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
Stacks: it's Aight, I not going to nip pick and say that it wasn't really my thing. I could just say this is bullshit because we both know neither of you two are going to get married, but I'm just going to say it was alright.

Rum : If only I knew wtf you were talking about ... This illiteracy thing really is an epidemic , huh ? Wait , is this your version of a comeback ?

Edited by user 14 June 2014 05:29:54(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline C4AJoh  
#8 Posted : 14 June 2014 20:08:16(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8575 time(s) in 2688 post(s)
Amy Meyer: It's insane to see how quickly you've both risen to the top of the industry! But it's definitely all down to hard work and ability. Your music is consistently great and I think it's insane that you're on to your third studio album already. The chorus is brilliant which is always the case with you and the lyrics as a whole are always recognizable to yourselves, I don't think anybody writes in the same way as you both do and that's why you're already a huge name in the industry! Can't wait for your third record! :)
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
kandii on 15/06/2014(UTC)