logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Silence  
#1 Posted : 02 August 2010 22:03:20(UTC)
Silence

Groups: Registered

SILENT SAINT

Official Site

In the February of 2007 Eric Battin met Myles Connor in a bar in Newark, New Jersey. They befriended each other after a while and went to hang out in Eric's apartment, where Eric showed Myles his large collection of Basses, his favorite being a 1951 Fender Precision Bass which was given to him by his father. The next day, they brought one of Eric's basses to Myles' house and jammed for a while with Myles' Tama Drum Kit. They eventually decided to form a band with Eric's old high school friend, Craig Pagolari on Guitar and Vocals, they named the band "Fear", and played a few gigs at the bar where Eric and Myles met, playing covers of Misfits songs. They went in search of a new vocalist after Craig thrashed his voice. They eventually chose Wes Haverland, who caught their attention with his Baritone vocal range. They changed their name to "Silence" and played a lot of gigs at bars and clubs around the city. There started to be personality clashes between Craig and Wes, eventually lead to a fist fight in 2008 which Eric and Myles had to break up. Wes finally decided he couldn't be in a band with Craig. So they set out for a new vocalist, After the audition was over, they chose Zack Navarette. Zack was felt that the band name needed a small tweak, eventually changing it to "Silent Saint". The band continued playing covers of various punk and grunge bands until early 2009. One day, Craig overheard Zack playing a song he wrote himself on guitar. After hearing Zack, Craig wanted him to be the second guitarist in the band, and sharing the lead/rhythm duties with each other. The other members of the band accepted and they started improving the song and named it "Wonderful You", with the lyrics being about a man and sarcastically saying how great a person he is. They started to write more songs and released a demo of four songs which they recorded in Craig's Garage. They named the demo "Rise" and the track list is as follows:

1. God Bless America
- The lyrics are about the American soldiers and how they risk their lives for this country and get little to nothing in return. The main riff is loosely based on the main riff in "Land of the Free?" by Pennywise.

2. Selling Happiness
- None of the band members really know what it is about because all they did was throw together lines from others songs they were working on but couldn't finish. Although, they it wasn't written with a meaning, the lyrics sound like they're about a drug dealer.

3. Dirty Truth
- The first song they ever wrote where Zack wasn't the only lyricist. The lyrics are mostly based on liars and cheaters, but have some references to sex.

4. Wonderful You
- The lyrics are about a man and sarcastically saying how great a person he is. This is the first song that the band has ever written and is one of the band's favorite songs to play.

In June 2009, they were approached by a small record company looking for unsigned amateur bands. They were signed and they began to write material for their first studio album. In November 2009, they were finally finished writing and recording, when they released the album and named it "Empty Promise", the track list is as follows:

1. Screaming Diamonds
(Navarette/Pagolari)
- The lyrics are about a rich man with no friends.

2. Broken Faith
(Navarette/Battin)
- Lyrics deal with Eric's issues with religion

3. Stop On My Mind
(Navarette/Connor)
- The lyrics are based on the time Zack saw a homless man's head get run over by a car.

4. Eternal Riot
(Connor/Battin)
- The lyrics are about war and how it never ends. This is one of the only two songs the band has released so far where Zack wasn't credited on the lyrics.

5. Wonderful You
(Navarette/Battin)
- The only song on the "Rise" demo which made it onto the album. They were only allowed to use this song because according to the record company, using the same songs on the album would only be re-selling the demo with a different name and cover.

6. Sucking On Bliss
(Pagolari/Connor)
- The only other song they have released so far to not have Zack credited on lyrics. The lyrics seem to be about oral sex and alcohol.

7. London Dungeon
(Glenn Danzig)
- A cover of one of the band's favorite Misfits songs.

8. Spoonman
(Chris Cornell)
- A cover of the band's favorite Soundgarden song.
My bands
(All RP Only):

Silent Saint
- Touring, Writing

Nowhere
- Demo Released
Offline C4AJoh  
#2 Posted : 03 August 2010 00:02:26(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8588 time(s) in 2691 post(s)
Max: You guys look promising, I'll be keeping an eye out on you and the fact that you met in New Jersey adds to my interest. Is that where your from?
Offline Silence  
#3 Posted : 03 August 2010 21:01:52(UTC)
Silence

Quote:
Max: You guys look promising, I'll be keeping an eye out on you and the fact that you met in New Jersey adds to my interest. Is that where your from?

Is that question directed at me or the band? If it was me, no, I'm Asian... I'm just glad decent music actually exists here
My bands
(All RP Only):

Silent Saint
- Touring, Writing

Nowhere
- Demo Released
Offline Silence  
#4 Posted : 08 August 2010 22:30:11(UTC)
Silence

Silent Saint is currently preparing for the "Tour On My Mind" and are looking for other young bands to play with them. This is Silent Saint's first tour ever and they are in discussion over how long it will be.

Silent Saint has been getting a large amount of attention considering that they are a new band. Drummer Myles Connor was recently interviewed by a local radio station.

DJ: Okay, here's a guy from a band that already had a large underground fan base before they got a record deal from a small time record company. You know, I love this band, they really have a unique sound and attitude about them. So here with me right now is Silent Saint drummer, Myles Connor, Myles how are you?

Myles: Well I guess I'm fine considering my hangover wore off before I got here.

DJ: Oh, crazy night last night huh?

Myles: Yeah, I don't know what happened, I just woke up next to my bed with a headache like hell.

DJ: Wait, when you said NEXT to your bed, you mean you weren't on it?

Myles: Yeah, I even found some bottle caps in my pocket...

DJ: So how are the guys?

Myles: Good... Well they drink less than me a I can tell you that.

DJ: Well, when I figured out I was gonna interview you I flipped out, I'm a huge fan!

Myles: Yeah, I heard that, I was sitting right next to you dude.

*Both laughing*

DJ: Well, a couple of my friends decided I should interview you about the old days. That sound good to you?

Myles: Yeah sure, ask whatever crap you didn't already know.

DJ: Well, right now what's on my mind is the Haverland Days. What was Wes like anyway?

Myles: Um.. Okay, I wont bull shit you, Wes was a complete cock.. But he's a great singer, I'll give him that

DJ: So you dont have any regrets at all?

Myles: Well.. Actually sometimes I do regret ruining the somewhat good relationship between Wes and Eric..

DJ: But Wes told everyone he quit.. At least the news said so.

Myles: No, it was my decision to get rid of him.. I didnt want to fire Craig, were brothers til the end man

DJ: Well actually I heard Wes formed his own band recently, I mean.. Do you think it'll go well for him?

Myles: Yes, he deserves it, I mean.. Like I said, he was a cock, but a great singer. So yeah, this is probably gonna go well for him

DJ: Well, So.... I'm actually running out of stuff to ask... Um.. I didn't actually plan any questions..

*Slighty audible voice saying some shit*

DJ: What?

*Slightly audible voice saying even more shit*

DJ: Okay, were running out of time, and my boss is telling me to shut up so, until next time guys! Thanks for coming here Myles

Myles: Okay, see ya'.. Gotta get me some freakin' booze
My bands
(All RP Only):

Silent Saint
- Touring, Writing

Nowhere
- Demo Released
Offline Silence  
#5 Posted : 09 August 2010 20:47:55(UTC)
Silence

TOUR ON MY MIND

Details:

The tour will start in a few weeks, the band will be touring around America. The tour will be around 4 months, it is a short tour because it is their first tour ever. The band is currently looking for young and upcoming bands to tour with them.

Click Here To Sign Up For Tour

My bands
(All RP Only):

Silent Saint
- Touring, Writing

Nowhere
- Demo Released
Offline Silence  
#6 Posted : 21 August 2010 00:29:53(UTC)
Silence

UserPostedImage

The tour has started, and Silent Saint will tour alone. For 4 months, Silent Saint will be playing all around America.

OOC: I'm using this tour as an excuse not to update this band so much for a while, I'm going to be working on Nowhere and making some new bands.. I will be updating Silent Saint every once in a while... haha pie..

At the end of the tour, I'm gonna list RP the "most memorable" performances.. Yay..

Edited by user 21 August 2010 01:09:09(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My bands
(All RP Only):

Silent Saint
- Touring, Writing

Nowhere
- Demo Released
Offline Silence  
#7 Posted : 28 August 2010 01:11:57(UTC)
Silence

HALFWAY THROUGH THE "TOUR ON MY MIND"

The band has been doing well on this tour, and are halfway through. The band has recently stated that they have begun writing for a new album. They plan to start recording as soon as the tour is over. More updates soon.

BWT, I wont be RP'ing the performances, because I found that its hard and stupid. So yeah.... Blah blah..
My bands
(All RP Only):

Silent Saint
- Touring, Writing

Nowhere
- Demo Released