logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 05 December 2010 07:24:14(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
BRANDON CAULFIELD
FLOORED & BEATEN E.P

Released: December 18, 2010 (US Download Only)
Recorded: Seattle, Washington (Home)
Genre: Americana, Folk Rock, Heartland Rock, Alternative Rock, Indie, Blues-Rock, Acoustic Alternative, Rock, Folk
Length: 27:37
Label: Independant Release
Producer: Brandon Caulfield

1 - Sketches In The Form Of Words (4:37)
2 - The One That Got Away (3:17)
3 - Overdue Dreams (5:48)
4 - Tim (6:03)
5 - Alléluia (8:32)

*Note: All songs written and performed by Brandon Caulfield

Edited by user 05 December 2010 07:25:16(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline C4AJoh  
#2 Posted : 05 December 2010 07:26:21(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

1. Sketches In The Form Of Words (4:37)

This is the first song I ever wrote, it’s been tampered with and changed in so many ways over the years but this is my current adaptation of it, As with the majority of my songs, it’s essentially just me at the piano, I don’t have layers and layers of different stuff on it, it’s a pretty raw version of the song, It’s just me laid bare, my voice and the keys of the piano.
In terms of what the song is about, it’s just about letting go of everything. There’s times in everyone’s life when they just wanna go kinda crazy and just smash their home up and just go crazy, however, many people hold back and just get on with things. There’s no harm in getting angry and just destroying everything in your path, it gives you a warm feeling inside your soul.

Edited by user 05 December 2010 07:27:42(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 05 December 2010 07:37:58(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

2. The One That Got Away (3:17)

It’s the opposite of what it seems like. I don’t believe in the notion that there’s only one person your destined to be with, even if it was a true notion the chances of you finding that person is maybe a 0.5% likelihood, don’t get me wrong, I’m a dreamer but there’s some things I just won’t believe in.
So yeah it’s a song about a guy who believes he’s found “the one” but after she leaves him, he ends up finding another “one”.
Again vocally it’s just me laid bare, vocals and the keys of the piano again, It also has this crazy emotional chorus which will hopefully translate well to live performances and hopefully if people listen to it and they’ve maybe been in a bad break up, they could put this on and realise that there’s a hope out there somewhere.
Offline C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 05 December 2010 07:43:48(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

3. Overdue Dreams (5:48)

It’s essentially the story of someone who has been knocked down so much from life, not specifically music but just in general. The world can sometimes be the most painful place to be but it can also be the most beautiful place to be at times, you could have no family and be dying of a terminal illness and the smallest thing can give you hope and make you believe again like you did when you were a kid, it’s sort of about regaining that kind of childhood innocence.
This is the first song I ever wrote with a guitar, of course back then it was very different from how it is now, I’ve worked hard on improving these songs over the past few years and they continue to be developed and tinkered with and modified, it‘s hard to find that fine line between perfection and overkill.
Offline Wiz Khalifa  
#5 Posted : 05 December 2010 07:51:55(UTC)
Wiz Khalifa

Groups: Registered

C4AJoh wrote:

It’s essentially the story of someone who has been knocked down so much from life, not specifically music but just in general. The world can sometimes be the most painful place to be but it can also be the most beautiful place to be at times, you could have no family and be dying of a terminal illness and the smallest thing can give you hope and make you believe again like you did when you were a kid, it’s sort of about regaining that kind of childhood innocence.
This is the first song I ever wrote with a guitar, of course back then it was very different from how it is now, I’ve worked hard on improving these songs over the past few years and they continue to be developed and tinkered with and modified, it‘s hard to find that fine line between perfection and overkill.

Rel Via Twitter: I've been playing "Overdue Dreams" all day. Its amazing
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#6 Posted : 05 December 2010 07:53:31(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Wiz Khalifa wrote:
C4AJoh wrote:

OOC: Kinda awkward, it hasn't been released yet. Easy mistake to make though.
Offline Wiz Khalifa  
#7 Posted : 05 December 2010 07:56:48(UTC)
Wiz Khalifa

C4AJoh wrote:
Wiz Khalifa wrote:
C4AJoh wrote:

OOC: Kinda awkward, it hasn't been released yet. Easy mistake to make though.

Occ: I heard an rough cut of the song.
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#8 Posted : 05 December 2010 07:58:50(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

4. Tim (6:03)

I’ve always been fascinated about story’s in music, it’s sort of autobiographical, intentionally and sometimes unintentionally, there’s always a part of my life that creeps into my writing. It’s me and an acoustic guitar for this one and I feel that it has a darker edge when played on the piano but it feels more free on an acoustic guitar, still haven’t quite made my mind up on which one I prefer using.
The song is about a fictional character, with elements of me in him, called Tim. He’s a young guy just trying to find his way, he’s seen life at the darkest moments and he’s seen life at the brightest moments. He’s seen the towers fall and he’s seen saw much destruction, but every now and then he sees an act of kindness that makes him believe in the good in the world. It’s a recurring theme in my writing and that’s because it’s part of what I’ve felt in my own life.
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#9 Posted : 05 December 2010 08:18:26(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
OOC:

@Wiz
That was a little uncalled for, you can't mix real world with RP.

and BTW If you want to discuss it with me any further PM me, let's not flood this thread

And

Good job writing these C4AJoh!
Offline C4AJoh  
#10 Posted : 05 December 2010 08:22:03(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

OOC: Thanks Daniel
Offline C4AJoh  
#11 Posted : 05 December 2010 08:25:03(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

5. Alléluia (8:32)

It’s my attempt at an epic, If there’s a story in your mind that needs to be told, does it matter if nobody hears it? I’ve debated a lot about performing this song because there’s a purity and innocence about this song and I kinda feel like the innocence and purity of the song will almost, vanish into nothingness when it’s out in the public and open to all sorts of miss interpretation. But the way I hear this song is and the way I would describe this song would be like the song where I’ve almost rediscovered those adolescent definitions of views of love and freedom.
It’s a song about escaping your own personal hell, with your girl by your side and the roof down on your car, no clothes but what you have on your shoulders, no money, no possessions and just the kind of freedom we were always supposed to have, My own personal inspiration for this song is the novel, Into The Wild and my own personal experiences.

I hope these descriptions have helped in some way, I think describing my music is a little like having sex, you know, like how do you describe it? Are you supposed to?

Edited by user 05 December 2010 08:26:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified