logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 08 August 2011 22:30:19(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
Riot! In The Boulevard – Long Distance Conversations

UserPostedImage

Title: Long Distance Conversations
Released: 7, August, 2011
Format: Digital Download, CD Single
Recorded: July 2009, Capitol Studios, Los Angeles, California
Genre: Pop-rock, Alt-rock, Indie Rock
Length: 5:02
Label: Nomad Records
Producer: Ryan Ross Hernandez, Damion Holmes, Danny Allen
Writer(s): Amy Meyer

Long Distance Conversations is the third single from American rock band, Riot! In The Boulevard. It was released on Nomad Records on 7 August, 2011 and is taken from the bands hugely successful self-titled debut album released in July. The song marks the bands third single following on from the hugely successful Sweet Little Fantasy’s and All The Non-Believers, however it is the first official single from the band’s debut, the previous two singles were taken from the group’s debut E.P titled Sin City Serenade. The previous two singles released became monster hits, peaking at #2 and #1 respectively.
The song was well received according to several reviews of the album and it was commonly listed as one of the best songs from Riot!’s debut album, with Metacritic saying, “Long Distance Conversations continues to take the album in that much lower key direction. The song is believed to relate to Amy Meyer’s relationship with Callum Williams of Dead Roses, and is perhaps the first time we hear lyrics which directly relate to a time in her own life.
“And Another Long Distance Conversation/ With A Two Second Delay/ Is Enough To Put A Pain In Your Heart/ But It Will Get You Through The Day,” is a very emotive section of a song which is obviously very personal to Amy, and which will, again, connect with the type of audience Riot! Are clearly targeting.”

Background
Long Distance conversations is a song written by Amy Meyer and it’s considered that the song was written about her relationship with Callum Williams of the band Dead Roses, the two embarked on a relationship during Riot!’s tour in the UK opening for Fathers Of Fury, however the song was written prior to their break-up, thusly it doesn’t it is more about the difficulties of a long distance relationship and not about the outcome. It also showed a maturity in Amy’s songwriting and for the first time on the band’s debut album she wrote about something directly relating to her own life. It’s a soft song, focussing on the emotive lyrics and the soft wistful vocal from Amy Meyer, the addition of a soft guitar chord matched perfectly by a repetitive bass line and a strong drum beat set the mood, mixing emotion with a backing sound to match. The lyrics are some of the most personal lyrics you could expect to see from the 18 year old songwriter as she sings lines like, “And Another Long Distance Conversation/With A Two Second Delay/Isn’t Enough To See This Through/Isn’t Enough Today.”
It enhances the bands ability to provide music and lyrics that could resonate with their predominantly teenage fanbase and brings to mind the same kind of thing that happened when the Plain White T’s released, Hey There Delilah. It’s a song from a band doing exactly what they do best, they sing songs that make their fanbase love them, songs that their fanbase can relate to and it’s all provided by Amy Meyer’s lyrics and vocals, it’s evident that Ms. Meyer relates to that teenage love story ideal, being 18 years old it’s no surprise that she writes these kind of songs and it seems like she has found her niche as a songwriter at a very early stage and that niche is pretty teenage love songs with catchy choruses, it’s worked a treat for the band so far and it’s likely to continue as the band are currently clearing up in the music industry, performing at almost all of the summer festivals and winning various awards and accolades, will this single continue the bands epic rise to superstardom or will it die off under the pressure of the previous two efforts from teenage rock band … find out on Sunday.

Lyrics
We All Know That You Want Her
We All Know That You Need Her Touch
We All Know That You Long For The Day It Happens
We All Know It’s Just Too Much
---
So When Something Seems So Close, But Is Just Too Far Away
You Say This Longing And Despair, Will Disappear Someday
But For Now, You Ask Me A Question, With A Smirk
Tell Me Why This Can't Work?
---
You Say You Know That’s It’s Unlikely
But There Is A Chance
And You Won’t Give Up So Easy
On This Epic Romance
---
But Deep In Your Heart, You Know It’s Not Right
The Chances Are Slim, Your Chances Are Slight
There’s No Harm In Trying, That’s What You’ll Say
But You’ll End Up Crying, Longing For Yesterday
---
And Another Long Distance Conversation
With A Two Second Delay
Isn’t Enough To See This Through
Isn’t Enough Today
---
Your Belief Is Just Incredible
The Fact That You Feel This Way
But If The Truth Ran Free And Found Your Heart
You’d Know It Would End Today
---
While All Love Stories Should Have A Happy Ending
It Just Seems Like This One Will Not
At Least You’ve Had The Start Of Something
But We Know It Has To Stop
---
With A Two Second Delay
Is Enough To Put A Pain In Your Heart
But It Will Get You Through The Day
---
How This Ends Is Still Unknown
But What’s Pretty Clear, Is The Love You’ve Shown
You’ve Let Your Heart Rule Your Head
But You’ve Proven To The World
Love Isn’t Dead
---
With A Two Second Delay
The Thought Of Being With You Soon
Could Come True Someday.

Personnel
Amy Meyer – Lead Vocals, Lyrics, Production
Justin Mullen – Lead Guitar, Backing Vocals
Jason Greenberg – Bass Guitar, Backing Vocals
Nathan Mullen – Drums, Percussion
Ryan Ross Hernandez – Production
Damion Holmes – Production
Danny Allen - Production
Offline genocidal king  
#2 Posted : 08 August 2011 22:35:36(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Scott H: Bravo! I've long said you guys would hit the top. And now look; number one album, two Chaos awards and a new single. This is brilliant again. Well done.
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 08 August 2011 22:39:56(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Scott H: Bravo! I've long said you guys would hit the top. And now look; number one album, two Chaos awards and a new single. This is brilliant again. Well done.

Justin: Thanks man, it's been completely crazy, the fact that we were an unknown group of misfits and losers in January and now all of this, it's just pretty mind blowing. Thanks again man, it means a lot.
Offline John  
#4 Posted : 09 August 2011 00:28:51(UTC)
John

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 27 post(s)
John-Congratulations on all the hits. I'm quite sure we have another one.
My Characters-
John York-Guitarist/Multi-Instrumentalist-Genres-Alt Rock/Post-Punk, heavily interested in the Avant-Guard-Face Claim-Graham Coxon- Is Currently-Screwing around
Kim Black-Vocalist/Bassist-Post-Punk/New Wave-Is currently-In India trying to find herself
Website for my old Post-Punk band, which featured John and Kim

Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 09 August 2011 01:19:19(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: John Go to Quoted Post

Amy: Thanks dude, not sure what you mean by we have another one but yeah thanks :)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#6 Posted : 09 August 2011 01:24:26(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Brittany: Love the song guys, keep up the great work! :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 09 August 2011 01:25:43(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
Brittany: Love the song guys, keep up the great work! :)

Amy: Thanks Brit, glad you like it :)
Offline John  
#8 Posted : 09 August 2011 01:58:04(UTC)
John

Man

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Originally Posted by: C4AJoh Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: John Go to Quoted Post

Amy: Thanks dude, not sure what you mean by we have another one but yeah thanks :)

OOC-Oh. Haha. I don't think I meant to type we.
My Characters-
John York-Guitarist/Multi-Instrumentalist-Genres-Alt Rock/Post-Punk, heavily interested in the Avant-Guard-Face Claim-Graham Coxon- Is Currently-Screwing around
Kim Black-Vocalist/Bassist-Post-Punk/New Wave-Is currently-In India trying to find herself
Website for my old Post-Punk band, which featured John and Kim

Offline infinite135  
#9 Posted : 09 August 2011 02:07:32(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 157 post(s)
Well... even though I'm still bitter over losing 'Best Live Band' to you guys, as well as Amy Meyer being quite a bit sexier than I am, it's still obvious that you guys deserve this level of recognition and success. It's amazing to think that these songs are from your first album... makes me interested to see what sort of wonders you'll put into future releases.

-Eric Quillington
Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Kurt Ulysses - Songwriter, Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Eric Quillington (Deceased) - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano, Primary Lyricist
Matt Roberts - Bass
Greg Oldson - Drums, Backup Vocals, Secondary Lyricist
Amelia Florentine - Keyboards, Piano, Lyricist, Backup Vocals

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
Offline C4AJoh  
#10 Posted : 09 August 2011 02:30:14(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: infinite135 Go to Quoted Post
Well... even though I'm still bitter over losing 'Best Live Band' to you guys, as well as Amy Meyer being quite a bit sexier than I am, it's still obvious that you guys deserve this level of recognition and success. It's amazing to think that these songs are from your first album... makes me interested to see what sort of wonders you'll put into future releases.

-Eric Quillington

Amy: haha that's kinda funny, I had no idea I was quite a bit sexier than you. Anyway thanks it means a lot to all of us, especially coming from the dude who writes Infinite's lyrics, your like a god to us, so thanks for the awesome praise, I hope we can continue to impress for many more years and hell Infinite are easily the best band, I just think the timing may have worked out well for us hehe, but again dude, thanks :)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#11 Posted : 09 August 2011 04:20:28(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Magie this track is amazing! the album is amazing! you are amazing LOL... congratz on the awards last night guys you do deserved!
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
Offline C4AJoh  
#12 Posted : 09 August 2011 04:51:43(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post
Magie this track is amazing! the album is amazing! you are amazing LOL... congratz on the awards last night guys you do deserved!

Amy: Thanks that means a lot, what about Electrodeath though, you guys are freaking killing it right now, your awesome. :)
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 09/08/2011(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#13 Posted : 09 August 2011 06:55:28(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Nadia: With lyrics like these, it's not hard to know why you guys are having so much success! Really, really great stuff, I'm a huge fan.

Chantal: Eh, it's OK.

Kimberly: OK? It's EPIC!!!!!!! Great stuff, woooooop!!!

Sophia: Hehe! Love it babes! Yayyyyyy! Riots are scary though babes! Sad times! Awwwwwwwww! Don't riot!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline C4AJoh  
#14 Posted : 09 August 2011 06:58:23(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Nadia: With lyrics like these, it's not hard to know why you guys are having so much success! Really, really great stuff, I'm a huge fan.

Chantal: Eh, it's OK.

Kimberly: OK? It's EPIC!!!!!!! Great stuff, woooooop!!!

Sophia: Hehe! Love it babes! Yayyyyyy! Riots are scary though babes! Sad times! Awwwwwwwww! Don't riot!

Amy: Thanks for the compliments, hehe and yeah Sophia it's not good to Riot. lol