logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline forkboy  
#21 Posted : 20 May 2012 02:49:48(UTC)
forkboy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
I can't remember what I was going to do with all my gold when I bought the Solitude hose. Gah. I spent this afternoon with the Scottish Cup Final on the radio while just hammering on with Skyrim. Bumped into a couple of Daedric Lords, Clavicus Vile & Sanguine. But other than that I did nothing blacksmith, sell the forged items to fences, buy more ores etc & start the process again. Went up about 6 levels, on Level 89 smithing now. Glass Armor really is awesome, only the benefits I get from my Archmages Robes means that I'm not going to use it. A shame. It also looks real pretty.

I really need to work out how to do some enchanting.
Offline Aj  
#22 Posted : 23 May 2012 23:19:07(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Is there no way to disenchant the Archmages robes?

UserPostedImage

I hadn't approached Solitude from this angle before. Its awesome, want to wait til night and have another look.
Offline forkboy  
#23 Posted : 23 May 2012 23:26:01(UTC)
forkboy

Originally Posted by: Aj Go to Quoted Post

Probably with a mod but honestly why would you want to? If you use mage powers at all then they are fucking brilliant effects. And if you aren't mage then why on earth aren't you wearing proper armour? Dragonscale or Daedric depending on what you play as. Get the perk so light armour weighs nothing (no idea if there's one for heavy armour, that'd be fucking great from a "selling shit to fences spread across the province" perspective), Slap on a bunch of Glass armour because it looks totally awesome, rock on.
Offline Aj  
#24 Posted : 23 May 2012 23:40:10(UTC)
Aj

Man

Originally Posted by: forkboy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Aj Go to Quoted Post

Probably with a mod but honestly why would you want to? If you use mage powers at all then they are fucking brilliant effects. And if you aren't mage then why on earth aren't you wearing proper armour? Dragonscale or Daedric depending on what you play as. Get the perk so light armour weighs nothing (no idea if there's one for heavy armour, that'd be fucking great from a "selling shit to fences spread across the province" perspective), Slap on a bunch of Glass armour because it looks totally awesome, rock on.

Yeah but then you could put the Archmage enchantments onto the Glass armour? Personally I don't really like the Glass armour, Orcish, Ebony, Steel Plated and Elven are the only ones I tend to wear. Daedric looks awesome but I feel silly walking around towns and shit with it on. Only worn some Dragonplate once though on a previous character and it was insane, but I just think Orcish is soooo much nicer.

+ yeah if you go to The Steed stone to the left of Solitude it stops all armour from having any weight and gives you a bit more of an encumbrance-limit (dont know what else to call it?) but it doesn't change the armour you have in your inventory, only the armour you're wearing at the time. Probably is a perk for it, but the Stone gives you the boost in encumbrance limit too which I THINK you can only get by being a thief, and thief's suck in Skyrim big time.
Offline forkboy  
#25 Posted : 24 May 2012 01:10:02(UTC)
forkboy

I think my encumberance limit is up at about 375 now. I have magic items to buff my Magicka, so I just wanted to put loads of points into Stamina early in the game. I hate not being able to carry lots of things. Walking back from the Warmaidens shop to Breezehome after some smithing I often carry more than 1200 worth of stuff. God that walk, even over a small distance, takes for ever.
Offline Aj  
#26 Posted : 24 May 2012 04:37:55(UTC)
Aj

Man

Originally Posted by: forkboy Go to Quoted Post
I think my encumberance limit is up at about 375 now. I have magic items to buff my Magicka, so I just wanted to put loads of points into Stamina early in the game. I hate not being able to carry lots of things. Walking back from the Warmaidens shop to Breezehome after some smithing I often carry more than 1200 worth of stuff. God that walk, even over a small distance, takes for ever.

I think there might be a house that actually has smithing facilities in it. Not sure though. Definitely had a grindstone and possible a work bench, just unsure of the forge. I try to do any smithing at the Skyforge. Just seems cooler. Once I'm done with the Companions guild quests (I'm doing it really slow and completing other missions separately) I'm going to go and do the Ogham Infinism Glitch. Figured as I've already completed the game like 3 times I've earned the right to boost a bit. Never had 100 Destruction though and apparently it's awesome.
Offline forkboy  
#27 Posted : 24 May 2012 04:39:42(UTC)
forkboy

Yeah, you can buy smithing stuff for one of the houses at least. Not Breezhome though. Also Alchemy & Enchanting tables.