logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#41 Posted : 14 July 2009 03:18:30(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
cam wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
cam wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Bruce Ballbreaker wrote:
Glasvegas are really good, and as for Stephanie, I'm not a fan of pop but I won't criticise it because music is personal preference and nobody can really say to someone they have a bad taste as its just a matter of opinion.

Well apart from these rappers we have in Wigan, yes Wigan! Thats not music, just somebody talking fast...

Your right, but the fact is that people here hate hate hate pop. They hate it with their guts. I'm pretty sure if their was't people here who loved pop and everyone here just love meta and rock they would probably have a thread titles "POP SUCKS" and bash on it and talk mad shit. But they can't because their is many who do love it.

No, they wouldn't. Because not everyone is as insecure and immature as you.

Yes. They would, if you were here i the forums before you would agree. But since you weren't you don't know.Insecure and immature really. So if I were so insecure , why am I speaking my mind. We are all immature, no one is ever mature. My internet personality is immature and i love it. You don't know me in real life.

Wow.

"No one is ever mature."

That is hilarious even by the high standards set by yourself. I mean honestly.

Um, cam I really don't know you like that, what is your problem. No is ever mature, because what you may consider mature I may consider immature, same vise versa.

Offline sav  
#42 Posted : 14 July 2009 09:42:39(UTC)
sav

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
sav wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Chimp Records wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
flipside x wrote:
old.gregg wrote:
You Me at Six, The Horrors, The Maccabees, Peter Doherty, Unicorn Kid - all good fun to see.

Though, the likes of Go:Audio and My Passion really bring the festival down haha. Oh and Kings of Leon are headlining. It's just wrong.

Lots of good stuff and lots of bleh. I'm also getting pretty tired of the Lady Gaga fad, isn't this a rock show? Putting some of these names on the same poster with some of the other names is about as ridiculous as Brokencyde and Millionaires on the Warped Tour.

A good example, I'm not a Nine Inch Nails fan, but since when do they share a stage with Katy Perry?

Ok, I'm sick of you guys insulting Pop music, quit it otherwise their is going to be some serious problems. Rock/metal music doesn't own the forums.

Pretty much yes. There are a lot more rock/metal people here than pop.

Who cares. There's many that are pop. And even if there were 1 pop it would still apply.

i think that isn't the matter. what they are saying is that pop artists have nothing to do in a rock festival. it's like, how would you feel if metallica opened up for rihanna? you would kill yourself, wouldn't you?

Well you have a point, but what I'm saying is that they must of put them there for a reason. To me they especially Katy Perry perform like rock stars. No I wouldn't kill myself. I am interested into what other bands have to offer. I'm not saying I would be entertained but will put interest. I appreciate music.

i'm not talking about appreciating music or not. i like almost every existing genre (excepting, for example, metal), but if i went to a concert to see something i like and there are also bands that have absolutely nothing to do with it, i would be kinda upset (obviously, if i didn't like them).
Offline cam  
#43 Posted : 14 July 2009 23:23:02(UTC)
cam

stephaniewazhere wrote:

Um, cam I really don't know you like that, what is your problem. No is ever mature, because what you may consider mature I may consider immature, same vise versa.

OK, my problem is such. Maturity is a kind of definable concept, yes? So lets start on that assumption. What I'm saying is that maturity is not subjective. BUT mature people can sometimes do immature acts, because letting your hair down sometimes can be fun.

You claimed that if there were no pop fans on here we would all slate pop music and create threads insulting it. I disagree with this statement because I really do not believe that, to quote yourself "we are all mature, no one is ever mature". For a start, it's an entirely meaningless statement. But I think it's also total nonsense. As I have stated above, mature people can act immature sometimes, hell, immature people can even act like real adults sometimes, it's amazing. But those occasional acts do not suddenly render them "mature" or "immature". An immature person is consistently doing acts which are immature, saying things which are stupid and naive, and so on. A mature person is someone who on a regular basis acta maturly and so on. Some people are MORE mature than other mature people. This means they act immaturely less often. And vice versa. You get the idea.

The point of the above clarification is that I do not need to create threads saying "Madonna is shite" because whilst I have that opinion, a) I'm aware that most people couldn't give a fuck how I feel about Madonna & b) frankly, I'd rather talk about things that interest me than things that I find annoying, on this forum anyway.

And well, why would anyone act differently just because a, b & c never posted here originally? The threads in the music forum would obviously all be rock/metal/punk-centric and people may throw in cheap jabs towards pop groups in those threads (as they do now) but I do not see any justifiable reason as to why people would NOT post a thread just because it might annoy someone who does post, but would post it if nobody would be offended. Frankly, what's the point of calling something crap if there's going to be nobody to get wound up about it?

My "problem" (which is far too strong a word) is that you stated something as fact when there is no evidence that people would create thrads called "POP SUCKS". And I tend to be the kind of chap who likes evidence before making outlandish claims. And then I found the concept that nobody is mature to be thoroughly hilarious.
The artist formerly known as forkboy

UserPostedImage