logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#1 Posted : 11 February 2013 06:57:47(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
OOC: Biographies are absolutely not my strength. But I'm sure by the end of this year I'll be able to add much more with what I have planned for this group.

Calling Captain
UserPostedImage
(Adkins, McNaught, Brafford, Sunderland, Waltz)
Members
Jeff Sunderland - Bass/Backing Vocals
Adam Adkins - Guitar
Nick McNaught - Drums
Julius Guy Waltz - Guitar
Wesley Brafford - Vocals
Genres
Pop Punk, Alternative, Emo, Rock
Influences
PANIC!, Riot! in the Boulevard, Reported Failure, The Nimrods, The Walls
Label
Songs To Love and Die By
Bio
In June of 2011 Wesley Brafford, Adam Adkins, and Jeff Sunderland were all graduating from high school. Friends since their sophomore, they had started a band called Calling Captain and played around. They had no drummer so their band was mostly them screwing around on acoustic guitars and bass. The three of them would play at school but no one took them seriously. They didn't take themselves very seriously either. It was time in 2011 to start moving on to bigger and better things than high school. The three Brooklyn boys were starting college that Fall. They spent their last summer just hanging out around New York City and then it was off to school. Loyal New York boys, they all stayed within the city pursuing degrees mostly within the City University of New York system. Soon though they began to miss the old times. The three of them started playing music again on weekends partly as an excuse to see eachother but the result was Calling Captain re-united. Adam met Nick McNaught who had a place to play with him on drums. The four of them tried it once and knew then that they could do something more than just screw around on weekends. They began playing shows wherever they could in the New York City area. An exchange student from Australia, Julius Guy Waltz was added on guitar in early 2012 and things started to speed up. The band gained a larger local following. Over Summer they were booking several gigs a week across New York and New Jersey. Going back to school in the Fall after one of the best summers of their lives wasn't easy. They still played every weekend but as the second semester rolled around in the beginning of 2013 they each made the decision to put school on hold and make Calling Captains their top priority. They talked to labels scoring a deal for their debut record with Amy Meyer's label Songs To Love and Die By.

Today they are preparing to release their first album. With Brafford's infatuating stage presence the band has gained lots of love but also lots of hate from the local scene. For every few fans they gain, someone else pins the band as "posers" or insults Brafford saying he has "An ego literally the size of Texas." With plans to hit the road as soon as they can, Calling Captain will be bringing their music, and their attitude across the United Stats in 2013, and Brafford has commented saying that their debut record is "only the beginning."

UserPostedImage
As their debut single, Calling Captain chose "The Battle Cry of the Show Lastnight". The song is a powefrully addicting pop punk venting session about the underground scene itself and the hate that can be gained from anyone who for whatever reason doesn't like you. Recorded at Grand Street Recordings right in Brooklyn, it is Calling Captain's first chance to show the world what they're planning. The chorus of the song fits quite well with the idea of preparing for oncoming fame. Wesley Brafford yells about the difference between being hip and hipster which in his case is probably shaking his hips onstage. Released on Songs to Love and Die By the single will be released officially on February 12th, but can be streamed now on the Calling Captain website.
Overall impressions
"The Batle Cry of the Show Lastnight" is fairly standard pop punk. The drum and bass build a solid foundation for the song to be built on playing prominent roles in the pre-chorus, second verse, and outro. The guitars are loud for almost the entire song playing standard power chords but mixing it up with lead fills and riffs at key points and muted appregio rhythms. The vocals pull it all together as Wesley Brafford sings in a full tone with an ironic angst as Jeff Sunderland harmonizes with him at key points. Overall it mixes into a song that is catchy after one listen and lots of fun for many listens after that.
Vocals
Wesley Brafford is many things but timid is absolutely one of them. He starts singing after the intro in a full tone as if he is ready to take over the world with his voice or at least believes that he can. The melody is catchy and his tone reads with all the angst that any good pop punk song should have with the ever-present hint of irony and mockery. Bassist Jeff Sunderland harmonizes during the verse creating a great effect. Then as things die down he attractively raises the ironic angst in a tone that says "I fucking hate you but I'm just gonna play it cool because I know I'm better than you are." Jeff comes back in to sing during the chorus which is addicting as hell with Wesley singing at the top of his lungs and Jeff harmonizing off and on both holding dynamic notes creating a strong, catchy vibe. The post-chorus is more pissed off, post-teenage angst but with the constant hint that maybe Wesley Brafford is completely screwing with you. Overall the perfect combination of harmonies, power, and tone.
Guitar
As it opens with random guitar tone it's clear the song is going to be loud. Power chords fly through in the intro in a pattern that only adds to the unforgettable catch of the hook. There are random lead guitar fills from Adkins while Julius Guy Waltz powers away. Mostly Adam Adkins just plays the rhythm too which adds to the overdriven power of the guitar. A simple four chord pattern satisfies the verse. A short, crunchy riff is played as the pre-chorus dies down only to build up again. A muted rhythm quickly joins it building to the chorus. The chorus is as loud and addicting as the verse with power chords fueling Brafford's vocal fire. The guitar joins drums in the post chorus to add to the dynamics of the song in a headbangable moment. The second verse builds the guitar more slowly like the pre-chorus did but the chorus is loud as ever. The outro is a crescendo of guitar noise as it dies down but again slowly builds with little riffs, muted rhythms, and the sweet tone all the time before the power chords come out again to play out under Brafford's repeating of the outro.
Drums and Bass
The song starts with an explosion of drum and then subtle taping on the cymbals. Beats are in time with the flow of the guitar and bass soon joins the drums in that flow. Then as the first is almost starting a drumroll is played with powerful bass tone joining fast and continuously for every beat. THe drums play a consistent punk beat with the bass joining in a bu-bu-bududu type rhythm creating the backbone of the song for the verse. In the pre-chorus as the noise dies down the guitar comes back first then drums and finally bass joining slowly. The loud beat and bass return for the chorus keeping it simple but strong. Bass and drums start the next verse strong with the bass dominating as cymbals are tapped away at. Soon snare joins back in and everything builds up to the final chorus. The outro is similar to the second verse as things slowly build and then go to full throttle in time with the guitar.

Lyrics
[Verse 1]
Sing my song on the stage
The hipsters dress for masquerade
They're all dancing inside their heads
But they're too afraid to show it
They're all lying at the bottom of hell
Pretending they dont like something like this
Addicting as hell but I'm too fucking pretty
For this bottomless pit music scene
The critics taste me the fans give me more green

[Pre-Chorus]
I'm singing and dancing
And you're sitting on your ass
Dreaming of the next vinyl you'll buy
With your parents money
I'll fuck your girlfriends
They know they're attracted to me
You can watch and cry
Then go find yourself a corner

[Chorus]
So lets make a story
about the time I was famous
Everyone laughed and screamed at me
My ego is fucking massive
But you can tell all your friends
Just go to my concert
And I'll change your life for a better end

[Post-Chorus]
So be yourself and nothing at all
It's the same to me
Cry yourself to sleep
I'l stand here laughing

[Verse 2]
So its after the gig
I go to some bar thats uncool
I make my life seem like a corporate joke
So buy my song brought to you by pepsi
You can go do coke with your friends
I'll be drunk with the hottie from Brooklyn
Wouldn't it kill you to know I'm not alone
That I'm pouncing at everything I can
Bury me in products if I do it for a real fan

[Chorus]
So lets make a story
Just go to my concert

[Post-Chorus/Outro]
It's the same to me
Cry yourself to sleep
I'l stand here laughing

Comparable To:

Edited by user 31 March 2013 07:25:14(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
thanks 8 users thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
niggajones on 11/02/2013(UTC), erich hess on 11/02/2013(UTC), BrownSugar on 11/02/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 11/02/2013(UTC), Walton on 11/02/2013(UTC), C4AJoh on 15/02/2013(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 16/02/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 20/02/2013(UTC)
Offline niggajones  
#2 Posted : 11 February 2013 07:00:34(UTC)
niggajones

Man
Canada

Was thanked: 739 time(s) in 493 post(s)
Zander: I know this sounds cheesy, but fuck the haters. They said I couldn't be a rock star because I didn't have hair, and look at me now! I'm not a rockstar, and I'm still going bald! Moral of the story: hair is the key to success.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked niggajones for this useful post.
Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 11/02/2013(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#3 Posted : 11 February 2013 07:15:41(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17932 time(s) in 10423 post(s)
teresa:i can tel right off,this is going to be a band i will fawn over.begin pre fawn sequence!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
#4 Posted : 11 February 2013 08:07:25(UTC)

Wesley: @Zander Well we've all got lots of hair so I think we'll make it. Maybe you should buy a wig? And yeah fuck the haters

@Teresa Thank you! We will try to keep it all fresh just for you.
UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#5 Posted : 11 February 2013 08:10:59(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
Adele: They sound good and they're all attractive as hell. What a lucky lot.
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
#6 Posted : 11 February 2013 08:32:32(UTC)

Wesley: Glad to have the praise especially since it compliments both the audio and visual aspect of Calling Captain. ;)
UserPostedImage
#7 Posted : 11 February 2013 09:04:47(UTC)

Wesley Brafford - Vocals
UserPostedImage
The twenty year old Brooklyn boy heading up Calling Captain is Wesley Brafford. At over six feet tall and with a flawlessly innocent schoolboy face Brafford gets most of the attention. Since the band became serious in 2012 he has been writing lyrics like a maniac and prancing around any stage he can find screaming as loud as he can. With the stage presence that reminds of the greats of the hay-day of rock and roll such as Mick Jagger, Brafford was the one who got the greatest response live. His attitude is big and outgoing. He also seems to lack much of a filter when playing live. If a crowd is boring him he will tell them. He will fight with a crowd; he will get mad. He also has gained credit as quite a lady's man often taking a girl home after every show. He's certainly the loudest personality at any afterparty. But mostly Brafford has captivated audiences across the east coast earning a reputation as an outgoing and ruthless frontman and promoting Calling Captain at every moment he can. The chief lyricist and songwriter he admits he probably writes a song every day. "I dont understand how but it just flows. I just write something everyday." With motivation and uncompromising determination he seems destined to make his band something more than just five guys screwing around.
Lyrics Leak
So come on
Make me a world away
Come on
Say what your parents dont want you to say
My bed is just another church where you
Can pray you find what you're looking for

UserPostedImage
#8 Posted : 11 February 2013 09:19:15(UTC)

Adam Adkins - Guitar
UserPostedImage
Always present alongside Brafford is loyal friend and co-founder of the band, Adam Adkins. Brafford and Adkins are easily foils of eachother. While Brafford has a big mouth that will say anything to any crowd, Adkins is much more quiet rarely saying anything on stage other than singing along to whatever song the band plays. The chemistry onstage between Brafford and Adkins is very strong both complimenting eachother with their stage presence. Adkins maintains a more mysterious image than the rest of the band as he stays quiet. But really he appreciates Brafford's antics just as much as none but is more quiet. While Brafford is yelling at an audience member who heckled him Adkins is likely to just be standing in the background smirking. Musically he is a major driving force behind the dynamics of the band and has a strong writing relationship with everyone keeping songwriting and recording on task when it ever gets silly.
Lyrics Leak
We've been building thrills out of life
I've been cutting corners and cutting lines
Taking a stand for my metaphors
If you dont understand you're probably dead
I've been making hooks to end world hunger
writing this song like simile
You're probably dead
UserPostedImage
#9 Posted : 11 February 2013 09:36:49(UTC)

Jeff Sunderland - Bass
UserPostedImage
The last of the three founders of the group, Sunderland is also twenty and from Brooklyn. He was also the major force towards getting the group back together. He was the one who missed making music. No greater emotional fan of music exists in the band than Jeff Sunderland. He recalls physical symptoms of missing his friends and making music. On stage he is very much just chilling. When people besides Brafford speak to the crowd it is usually Sunderland. The three founders have great chemistry together onstage which is part of what contributed to their gaining a massive following in the underground scene of New York. Sunderland is quite outgoing always messing around when the band is seen before and after shows. A strong, versatile bassist he has won praise for his musicianship. While Brafford is outgoing and ruthless, Adkins is quiet and amused, Sunderland is the moderate point between them. He is a key part of any social gathering but has a more layed back attitude than the frontman. In the songwriting process he is one of the first ones to help take a song from lyrics to being a real song as he lays down a bassline that often times the song is built from. What is most loveable about Sunderland though is that at any show he seems to genuinely be having the time of his life.
Lyrics Leak
So give them one more chorus
For the Long Island boys to sing along
They'll always sing along
They just want one more chorus so I'll give em one, give em one
Give them my weakest lyrics because I'm lazy now
I left my last hope in Manhattan
But now a homeless man is sleeping on it again
And I'd fight him to get it back
But my charity is all I have left
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 11/02/2013(UTC)
#10 Posted : 15 February 2013 15:52:12(UTC)

More Lyrics
I've got a suitcae
and you've got a pretty face
How could we ever need more?
When the star shines over our New York roof
We'll call the city out Whoa!

We gotta keep it up girl
We'll be the great American love story
We'll be the next Fred and Ginger
Host and hostess of the American dream
Time to build the world up
End world troubles from Afghanistan to the war on drugs
Time is now are you ready love
Smile for the camera and listen to the new song

I've got a suitcae
I've got a guitar
You'll be my brightest star
We'll make the world envy us
When the sun goes down on Hollywood
we'll tear the city down, whoa!

And so we're on every magazine
Our faces are known to every suburban family
The hottest thing of the new millennium
Glitz and glam for the tabloid scene
Now were a household
red carpets flow out of our front yard
the greatest story anyone's ever seen
and we're just getting started

I've got a suitcae
I've got a guitar

smile and make this life look easy
The camera loves you, you gotta believe me
The world wants more
Smile and tell them where your dress came from
If they ask about awards we're gonna take some
More than ever before

I've got a suitcae
I've got a guitar

I've got a suitcae
UserPostedImage
snap_itshannah on 16/02/2013(UTC)
#11 Posted : 31 March 2013 07:24:45(UTC)

From Calling Captain with producer Amy Meyer:
UserPostedImage
1. Building Thrills
"So storm off the stage
none of these assholes understand my art
It's too deep for their idle brains
Go back to twitter to talk your shit
It's appalling
Our records falling
but everyone knows my name"

2. The Battle Cry of the Show Lastnight
"So lets make a story
Everyone laughed and screamed at me"

3. Even Crosses Burn When God Cant Follow The Rules
"Dont take dont take it all away
Because there's a god somewhere yelling at your blasphemy
We're all sinners but we've got a lot to learn
When heaven fills up let it burn"

4. Go Ahead, Make my Night
"So come on
Make me a world away
Come on
Can pray you find what you're looking for"

5. Everything We Need To Be The Star of the Scene
"We gotta keep it up girl
Host and hostess of the American dream"

6. Breaking a Window and a Lock
"And so I broke into your heart
turn your blood into economic gain
The dow may be down
But darling were about to go up in flames"

7. The Star of the Show-stopping After-Party
I'm the only man
To ever touch you like this
I buried my morals after our first kiss
I've got heartache and desperation so much of it
So take off your clothes
Let's discover all of this

8. When Your Mind Fights Back
It's a vicious cycle
You'll feel your life coming close
You're out of body out of mind
You're giving up, you're out of time

9. Picking Sides in Holy Wars
Even though god has been good
I'll play the devil's advocate
For I'm the man who picks winning sides
I've picked mine and I'm taking the world for a ride

10. One More Chorus
"So give them one more chorus
They just want one more chorus so I'll give em one, give em one"

Coming to a speaker near you next month...
UserPostedImage
C4AJoh on 31/03/2013(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#12 Posted : 31 March 2013 07:44:56(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8589 time(s) in 2692 post(s)
Amy: Oh man! I can't express how much I'm looking forward to seeing this album released, I know that you guys will inject a much needed freshness into the music industry and the rock genre in particular and I for one can't wait to see just what you guys can achieve this year, it's gonna be great! and believe me, remember every second because you never get to re-live that first breakthrough year.
#13 Posted : 22 April 2013 08:18:20(UTC)

Check out the entire debut album right here! Which songs are your favorite?
UserPostedImage
We've been building thrills all our lives from Panic! records and made up stories
Chasing our dreams down in the night until we have all the glories

Welcome to the new world
The lights of the city keep us awake all the time
We're at the center
Witnessing an economic catastrophe
Its a terrorizing blasphemy
We're all abused and under-payed

We've been building thrills all our lives from Panic! records and made up stories
I wont let it be over
Until i'm the cream of the crop
Love me, love me, I will never stop

So storm off the stage
none of these assholes understand my art
It's too deep for their idle brains
Go back to twitter to talk your shit
It's appalling
Our records falling
but everyone knows my name

I wont let it be over

I've been cutting corners and cutting lines
Taking a stand for my metaphors
I've been making hooks to end world hunger
writing this song like simile
You're probably dead

I wont let it be over

We're building thrills out of life
And you must be dead
You must be dead
I wrote this song like a simile
So you must be dead
You must be dead

UserPostedImage
Sing my song on the stage
The hipsters dress for masquerade
They're all dancing inside their heads
But they're too afraid to show it
They're all lying at the bottom of hell
Pretending they dont like something like this
Addicting as hell but I'm too fucking pretty
For this bottomless pit music scene
The critics taste me the fans give me more green

I'm singing and dancing
And you're sitting on your ass
Dreaming of the next vinyl you'll buy
With your parents money
I'll fuck your girlfriends
They know they're attracted to me
You can watch and cry
Then go find yourself a corner

So lets make a story
Just go to my concert

It's the same to me
Cry yourself to sleep
I'l stand here laughing

So its after the gig
I go to some bar thats uncool
I make my life seem like a corporate joke
So buy my song brought to you by pepsi
You can go do coke with your friends
I'll be drunk with the hottie from Brooklyn
Wouldn't it kill you to know I'm not alone
That I'm pouncing at everything I can
Bury me in products if I do it for a real fan

So lets make a story
Just go to my concert

It's the same to me
Cry yourself to sleep
I'l stand here laughing

UserPostedImage
Its hell when heaven's filled up
Tell the good men to start giving up
Have dirty sex with their handcuffs
Hook them in dont let them have enough
The hangman wont offer an apology
For an error made by the clergy
Firing all cylinders is the marines
Send the seal team to capture all the fiends

Dont take dont take it all away
When heaven fills up let it burn
Oh let it burn
Let it burn
Burn

Kids are slaves to their college board
Let the young ones follow the rumors they heard
citizens are marching on Washington
Let the protest go til the president is done
Planes still fly through our skyline
body scans pat downs but its all fine
THe good men can all go to war
While the bad men always knew whats in store

Oh let it burn
Let it burn
Burn

Oh let it burn
Let it burn
Burn

UserPostedImage
I said I'm a joker
Cracking laughs at the bar tonight
shes a brunette in thigh highs
Lips to make you go wild
She says shes a winner
Fan of me and negligence
I'm am enthralled by her body
By her angle in my eyes

So come on
Make me a world away
Come on

she's a movie fan
James Bond the 007
Tell her I have more than a goldfinger
And she can shake my cocktail up
I think its too much
But shes too drunk to tell
THe difference between lies and love
The way a boy could make her feel good

Someone tell me that shes gonna love it
Because I'm desperate and I cant be alone
No

So come on
Make me a world away
Come on

Someone tell me she's a genie at the bottom
Of the bottle shes been sucking down all night
And someone tell me she will be enough
Because I'm tired of doing this every night
Yeah

So come on
Make me a world away
Come on

UserPostedImage
I've got a suitcase

We gotta keep it up girl
Host and hostess of the American dream
Time to build the world up
End world troubles from Afghanistan to the war on drugs
Time is now are you ready love
Smile for the camera and listen to the new song

I've got a suitcsae
I've got a guitar

And so we're on every magazine
Our faces are known to every suburban family
The hottest thing of the new millennium
Glitz and glam for the tabloid scene
Now were a household
red carpets flow out of our front yard
the greatest story anyone's ever seen
and we're just getting started

I've got a suitcase
I've got a guitar

smile and make this life look easy
The camera loves you, you gotta believe me
The world wants more
Smile and tell them where your dress came from
If they ask about awards we're gonna take some
More than ever before

I've got a suitcase
I've got a guitar

I've got a suitcase

UserPostedImage
I'm breakin' a window and a lock
I'm out of options and out of time
So I'll break through these boundaries
Because lines to cross are milestones for me

Oh Whoa Oh Whoa Oh Whoa Oh Oh Oh

And so I broke into your heart
turn your blood into economic gain
The dow may be down
But darling were about to go up in flames

and I power your organs
With my tongue I teach you to bleed
It's just our art honey
No one knows what no one needs
So come on darling lets pick this up
drive across the country in a pick up truck
This hook is nonsense but you're in love
We're all fucked
we're all fucked

So I've broken every god damn rule
Death row is just a starting point
I'll go all Virginia Tech
Bang bang bang you're dead

And I love your scent girl
When you're next to me
It's a post-emo mash up
We hate just what we need
So come on darling we can mess our lives up
Have unprotected sex in a pick up truck
We're all fucked
We're all fucked

So I'm breaking a window and a lock
My last option ran away from me
Like every good girl I've ever known
We're all fucked
We're all fucked

And I'm a mess when I'm in the zone
Bodily fluids fly around the room
Keep it up and you can be next to me
You're the best girl 'til you're history
So come on darling we can both erupt
we know it'll never be enough
We're all fucked
We're all fucked

UserPostedImage
I saw the sunset over your eyes
cant breathe when your night comes
so baby come over to the dancefloor
We can walk we can talk we can die more
baby whats the point in livin'
If your sex is gone you're not forgiven

Dont say no, dont say no
On the floor you're giving up baby
Cant let you go, cant let you go
Open up so the sun wont burn me

Whoa! Look at what you do to me honestly
Hey! Can you scream around me baby
Whoa! Close the door I want you more
you can be anything I make of you
Go anywhere you want me to
Hope to god no one finds out
Put the picture down and close the door
I want you more I want you more

I'm the only man
To ever touch you like this
I buried my morals after our first kiss
I've got heartache and desperation so much of it
So take off your clothes
Let's discover all of this

Dont say no, I say so
In my car were all alone baby
Cant let you go, I cant let you go
Do my hard my favorite lovely

Whoa! Look at what you do to me honestly
Hey! Can you scream around me baby
Whoa! Close the door I want you more
you can be anything I make of you
Go anywhere you want me to
Hope to god no one finds out
Put the picture down and close the door
I want you more I want you more

So this is it
You're all alone
So this is it
cant take anymore
So this is it
I'm fallin apart
So this is it
I wont sleep anymore
Anymore
Anymore

Dont say no, dont say no
Dont say no, dont say no

UserPostedImage
Honey I am so confused
What happened to you?
Did you let your guard down
Did you let them take you out
Ever word is a bullet to the heart
It's somebody's death sentence

Cant make it turn around
Our trials burn castles down
So never leave the ground

If you cant wake today
Tomorrow isnt an option
It's a vicious cycle

I've been waiting in line
It's been hours and you never come out
This is a no refund price
I have so much invested in you
Every song is tsunami
A headline so big the critics cant get enough

Cant seem to feel good
The city's a big distraction
Cant seem to stand how you should

If you cant wake today
Tomorrow isnt an option
It's a vicious cycle
It's your greatest mistake
Tomorrow's promise is a lie
It's camouflaged as hope
You're out of money, out of signs

If you cant wake today
Tomorrow isnt an option
It's a vicious cycle
It's your greatest mistake
Tomorrow's promise is a lie
It's camouflaged as hope
You're out of money, out of signs

UserPostedImage
We are
The fallen stars on boredom
we will shine brighter than before
Even though you're so mature
We want you our miser wants company
Just as all the great bands must end
we'll wait here to take the witness stand

Write the story
Share the headline
we're coming because

Now's the time
To forget who we are
Drink and drive
This young night is our best poison
and we survive
To come for your teenage daughters
Fourteen to twenty five
So call the captain to take me away tonight

This is
The supposed end of our time
This is Armageddon
So lets all burn from the drinking
Even though god has been good
I'll play the devil's advocate
For I'm the man who picks winning sides
I've picked mine and I'm taking the world for a ride

Write the story
Share the headline
we're coming because

Now's the time
To forget who we are
Drink and drive
and we survive
Fourteen to twenty five

And here here in the dark
I can see everything
I see her hopes
And I see how she feels
And here in the dark
I feel like I see everything
I've seen her secrets
I've seen my regrets
Oh I've seen my regrets

share the story
Send the text
Betray all your friends
Update the feed
Like the post
Betray all your friends

Now's the time
To forget who we are
Drink and drive
and we survive
Fourteen to twenty five

UserPostedImage
I'm here right now
I'll be here til the end
Because the broken strings I left onstage were the best thing that I had
i wish to leave home
To send myself somewhere fast
But my last idea was the thirty bucks I'll never get back

This is the epitomy of faking
its a long con
it's a big lie I'm trembling
Sing my song sing sing my song
Ti'l its over and I'm going nowhere

I'm sitting alone
Alone with my guitar and my bed
The girl I left for a parade of glory was the best thing that I had
I wish to find a better way
To find a calling in the wild
But my last idea was a broken neck and a stagedive I'll never get back

This is the last time I'm trying
This is an emo song for girls on the internet
Sing along girl sing along
Until its gone
Four minutes then its gone

For the suburban girls to sing along

Sing sing along
Sing sing sing along
Sing sing along
Sing sing sing along
Goodnight Goodnight Goodnight

For the suburban girls to sing along

Get your copy of Building Thrills NOW
UserPostedImage
erich hess on 22/04/2013(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#14 Posted : 22 April 2013 08:25:55(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17932 time(s) in 10423 post(s)
erica:i am all about the "battlecry of the show last night". holy frozen fishsticks,all these songs are great. but as a confirmed anti hipster,this is the song i dig most.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
#15 Posted : 23 May 2013 11:10:33(UTC)

Greeting friends and fans. We've spent the last few months on the No venues Tour III. Its been one of the greatest experiences of our lives as we've seen all sorts of parts of the world we never thought we'd be able to. Our album has been selling big recently having its highest charting week yet at #3 on the albums heat. We encourage everyone who will see us for the final days of the tour to pick it up at our merch tent and everyone else to go online and get it or go to the nearest store where you can guy it. We will be releasing another single "Everything We Need to be the Star of the Scene" very soon. We miss and love you all and we'll see you soon

Love, Calling Captain
UserPostedImage
#16 Posted : 20 June 2013 08:27:34(UTC)

Hey everyone! Our album rose up to #2 on the charts for a couple weeks in a row. We were stoked, but not nearly as excited as we are to announce this: We will be headlining one of the carnival of sounds tours starting on July 5th. Check out the dates and info below:

Osprey037[Reported Failure wrote:
;316479]
UserPostedImage
Presents...
UserPostedImage
With...
Calling Captain
UserPostedImage
With Support From...
  • Mannequin Religion
  • Bath Salts
  • Clara Thompson

July 5 - Atlanta, GA @ Masquerade
    July 6 - Carborro, NC @ Cats Cradle
    July 7 - Norfolk, VA @ The Norva
    July 8 - Baltimore, MD @ Ram's Head Live
    July 10 - Rochester , NY @ Water Street Music Hall
    July 11 - New Haven, CT @ Toads Place
    July 12 - New York, NY @ Irving Plaza
    July 13 - New York, NY @ Irving Plaza
    July 14 - Philadelphia, PA @ Theatre of Living Arts
    July 15 - Boston, MA @ Paradise Rock Club
    July 17 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Stage AE
    July 18 - Cleveland, OH @ House of Blues
    July 19 - Columbus, OH @ Newport Music Hall
    July 20 - Detroit, MI @ St. Andrew's Hall
    July 21 - Chicago, IL @ House of Blues
    July 22 - East St. Louis, IL @ Pop's
    July 24 - Denver, CO @ Summit Music Hall
    July 25 - Salt Lake City, UT @ In The Venue
    July 26 - Seattle, WA @ Showbox at the market
    July 27 - Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theater
    July 28 - San Francisco, CA @ Regency Ballroom
    July 30 - Los Angeles, CA @ House of Blues
    July 31 - San Diego, Ca @ House of Blues
    August 1 - Tempe, AZ @ The Marquee
    August 2 - Las Vegas, NV @ House of Blues
    August 3 - Austin, TX @ Antone's

• For the final Carnival of Sounds 2013 Tour we have Brooklyn based pop-punk outfit Calling Captain headlining the "Hot and Harmonious Summer". The five-piece have been building a fanbase in the pop-punk world making them prime candidates to headline the pop-punk oriented Carnival of Sounds Tour. They will tour in support of their debut album "Building Thrills" which peaked at #2 on the charts for two weeks in a row and hung around in the top five for six consecutive weeks. Joining Calling Captain we have pop-rock group Lost in Stereo, garage-rock stars Bath Salts, and acoustic pop-rocker Clara Thompson.

UserPostedImage