logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Matticus  
#1 Posted : 30 April 2013 07:14:32(UTC)
Matticus

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1328 time(s) in 705 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Full Name: Matthew James Young
Alter-Egos: MattY, M.James, Matt Young
Genres: Rap; Dubstep. Previous Genres: Grime; Post-Hardcore Rap Metal; Pop-Rap; Acoustic.
Owner of Permanent Reminder

Matt Young, once an icon in the rap industry, is back again. After a break from the industry due to many personal issues and the death of his long term girlfriend and unborn baby, he is set to return. With two albums to his name, and two number one singles, the ex-record label owner, record producer, and musical entrepreneur has some unfinished business to attend to.

UserPostedImage
As MattY
Fresh Face [Album, September 4th 2010]
FreshMixx [Mixtape, November 22nd 2010]
Growth [Album, June 8th 2011]
Life [Album, TBC 2016]
As Mudshovel
Society of Rats [Album, July 9th 2011]
As M.James
Just A Couple of Covers [EP, September 26th 2012]

UserPostedImage
Best Single, Close to Tears (ft. Alicia Lena) [Birdie’s, 24th April 2011]
Best Collaboration, Close to Tears (ft. Alicia Lena) [Hall of Fame Awards, 19th February 2011]
Best Artwork, It’s All Gone (Mudshovel) [Chaos Awards II, 25th May 2011]
Best Male Solo Artist [Fan’s Choice Awards, 17th July 2011]

Edited by user 02 December 2015 07:15:06(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
thanks 11 users thanked Matticus for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 30/04/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 30/04/2013(UTC), BrownSugar on 30/04/2013(UTC), Walton on 30/04/2013(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/04/2013(UTC), ang3licd3vil on 01/05/2013(UTC), GirlSpice on 01/05/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 10/06/2013(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 04/05/2014(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 02/11/2015(UTC), FiveT on 03/11/2015(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2 Posted : 30 April 2013 07:23:25(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Jennifer: I totally remember MattY, especially with Alicia Lena, epic collaboration. I'm glad to hear you're well and looking for a future in music again :) It's really one of the best pain relievers so keep your head up.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Matticus on 30/04/2013(UTC)
Offline ang3licd3vil  
#3 Posted : 01 May 2013 05:04:38(UTC)
ang3licd3vil

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 959 time(s) in 483 post(s)
Mykaylah: Oh here comes trouble..
My Acts

Tragic R'N'B Diva R.I.P

Original Best Baddest Bitch Around

thanks 1 user thanked ang3licd3vil for this useful post.
Matticus on 01/05/2013(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#4 Posted : 01 May 2013 08:54:43(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Matt Young

UserPostedImage

Full Name: Matthew James Young
DOB: September 6th 1994
Roles: Rapped Vocals, Sung Vocals, Piano, Guitar, Synths, Production [Also has minimal experience of growled vocals]

Matt Young was born in East London, on the 6th of September 1994, to his 15 year old mother and 18 year old father. He didn't really know either of his parents very well, as his father had been involved in gangs from the age of 12 and was a heavy drug user. Not long after Matt's third birthday, his father threw himself off the side of a bridge and died; this then led to Matt's now 18 year old mother going on a downwards spiral. She became dependent on drugs and on alcohol, just to try to numb the pain of losing the father of her baby.

Not long before Matt's fourth birthday, his mother was caught dealing drugs and sentenced to 7 years behind bars. Both of his parents had been disowned by their respective parents because of the under-age pregnancy, neither set wanted anything to do with Matt. Just as he was about to be taken into care, his mother's grandparents - who were in their early 60's - stepped in and took him to Derby, so that he could lead a more relaxed and loved life.

After 7 years behind bars, Matt's mother came out and has not once tried to make contact with him at all. As far as he was concerned, she no longer existed to him anyway! Matt's great-grandparents loved and cherished him, and they supported him in every move he made. When he told them that he wanted to be involved in music, they didn't squash his dreams, instead they turned their garage into a small recording studio. Here he developed his ability to produce music, and also taught himself how to play guitar and piano. At this point in his life, Matt started to rebel slightly, and was actually caught by the police with a knife in his possession. He got away with a warning, and didn't have any more meetings with the police for a while.

In July 2010, Matt was given a contract with huge record label Hot Eye Records for two albums. He released his first album, Fresh Face through this label. After a break-down in communications, Matt broke his contract with HER, causing a lot of friction between him and the owner, Stephanie Fierce. The two of them have since become friends, and all of the feuds of the past have been forgiven and forgotten. Matt did manage to go straight into another two album deal with another big label, Shooting Star Records. Again he was handed a two album deal.

At this point, Matt started up his first business and moved down to London permanently. The company was a production company, entitled MattYProduction. With this company, he helped to produce all of R'n'B star Cherise's albums, and albums of many other stars of the time. This was also the time that MattY's first tragedy really struck. He was on a high point in his life, having just released his commercially successful debut album and signing a new recording contract, his great-grandfather died of a heart attack. The man that had brought him up from a very young child had now left him in this lonely world.

Matt didn't look back from that point though, with the emotions running high from his dearly departed 'Gramps', Matt wrote what is still to this day the most successful song on The Top 20 Weekly AirPlay Charts, his number 1 smash hit Close to Tears (ft. Alicia Lena). This song stayed in the charts for weeks, and was at the top for a record of 4 weeks! But after the huge success of the debut single from his second album, Matt couldn't find the motivation to continue working on his own album, so he put it on hold.

In this time, he started working much more heavily with other artists like Cherise and her sister Celeste in the R'n'B/Pop act Ang3licD3vil. The three became very close friends, and Matt would regularly be seen out with them, and would go on to help produce all of their following work. He went on a short European tour with fellow rappers EmCee and Jay-C, and subsequently release a Mixtape while on the tour. Originally it was to be a free release, but he released two fairly successful singles from it and donated all of the proceeds to the Great Ormond Street Hospital instead.

Before Matt went away on tour, he and Cherise started dating. Things became very serious between the two of them, and he gave her a key to his flat, so that she could look after it for him while he was on tour. This ultimately led to her moving into the flat and them beginning their lives together. When he arrived home, things started to go downhill for him. Matt started taking a lot more drugs, this was something that Cherise was entirely unaware of until one day she found some drugs in the flat while cleaning up.

This couldn’t have come at a worse time, as Cherise had just discovered that she was in-fact pregnant; and Matt was of course the father. Now she didn’t want her child to grow up with a drug addict as a father, so she forced an ‘intervention’. As she did this, it slipped out that she was pregnant and Matt couldn’t cope. He was only 17 at the time and didn’t want to end up like his parents, a teenager still! He struggled to cope, and he and Cherise had a huge argument, which eventually resorted in Matt storming out and going crazy.

That night, Matt had an over-dose on his drugs and ended up in hospital. He was incredibly close to death that night, and that really shook him up. He promised Cherise that he would go to a rehabilitation centre. He had got in the taxi, and was on the way to the clinic, when he received a text from his old dealer – he needed Matt’s assistance, and he needed it now.

Matt met with him, he was forced into dealing some firearms to a gang who were to go and rob one of the local banks, and he was forced into going with them because Joe – his old dealer/gang leader – didn’t trust them. He joined in the robbery, and watched as two men were killed. He called the emergency alarm on the other gang while he was there and shot one of them in the foot to slow them down. Obviously this didn’t go down well with the gang, or with Joe; and Joe gave the gag Matt’s address so that they could give him the punishment that he deserved. Fortunately for Matt, the day that they decided to strike, he wasn’t actually in and instead they just trashed his house.

Not long after this, Cherise was due to have her first proper scan of the baby; they were going to find out the sex that day. Things didn’t quite go to plan, and Matt was incredibly late – but after he did actually arrive, it turned out that Cherise had been abducted. She had been on the phone to him as it happened, and had just told him that their first baby was going to be a little girl; but then she was gone. A few days later, Matt received some instructions of what he needed to do to get her back; this wasn’t gonna be pretty! To get Cherise back, he had three tasks to complete which were meant to break him, the first was burning down the recording studio he had had built from scratch for the artist on his label, the second was to hand over his record label to the gang leader, and the third was to break his contract with the label so that he no longer had any ties to the company at all.

Matt did all of the tasks and got Cherise back, but typically this did not end as well as he had hoped – how could it?! The baby had died in the womb, and this broke both Matt and Cherise’s hearts. It had been his fault, and it will live on his conscience forever. Learning this thoroughly broke Cherise’s heart, and she couldn’t live around all the memories so she escaped to France for a short while before Matt found her and pleaded with her to come back home. He had arranged a concert in memory of his late unborn baby, and was donating the profits to the mother and baby unit that had helped Cherise.

After the event ended, Matt and Cherise went to a private ceremony where Matt was arrested for the murder of the gang leader who took Monk on Fire Music from him and kidnapped Cherise. He was sentenced to life in jail for the murder; all the evidence pointed at him, even though there didn’t appear to be anything concrete.

On the 21st of December 2011, Matt was released from prison. He hadn’t known what had caused the sudden release as he had not been watching the news at all. Cherise had confessed everything, she had killed Kyle Smith – the gang leader – and Matt had gone along with it for months; but Cherise killed herself too, she could no longer deal with the pain and the grief of having lost her baby and then having Matt locked away for life for a crime that she commited.

Matt moved over to New York, to move away from all of the pain he had suffered in the UK; he has no family, and nothing to hold him there. He has been living alone in his apartment ever since he arrived, and has been living off the proceeds from his albums.

In September 2012, Matt returned under the alias of M.James, and released a short acoustic EP of some covers that mean a lot to him. This didn’t really take off and he discontinued the act. Now he is back, and determined to complete his final album, his story.

OOC: Apologies that it is so ridiculously long, but there has been a lot happen with him....

Edited by user 31 October 2015 11:18:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
thanks 8 users thanked Matticus for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 01/05/2013(UTC), GirlSpice on 01/05/2013(UTC), Walton on 02/05/2013(UTC), ang3licd3vil on 07/05/2013(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 10/06/2013(UTC), kandii on 10/06/2013(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 02/11/2015(UTC), FiveT on 03/11/2015(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#5 Posted : 01 May 2013 22:34:10(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Nadia: Gosh, HOW old am I getting? Time really does fly, you looked like a baby the last time I saw you, now you seem all grown up! But I imagine after everything that's happened, life can do that to you. I'm really rooting for you to put all your demons in the past and come back bigger than ever, they say artists make their best music after some of the worst times in their life, so you can consider me very excited!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
Matticus on 08/01/2014(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#6 Posted : 01 May 2013 23:17:15(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Nadia: Gosh, HOW old am I getting? Time really does fly, you looked like a baby the last time I saw you, now you seem all grown up! But I imagine after everything that's happened, life can do that to you. I'm really rooting for you to put all your demons in the past and come back bigger than ever, they say artists make their best music after some of the worst times in their life, so you can consider me very excited!

Matt: haha, thanks Nadia, it's been a while hasn't it! Yeah a lot has gone on, and I think I'm ready to make some real music now, I'm not doing it for the money, I'm gonna do it for me this time.
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Offline Matticus  
#7 Posted : 09 June 2013 22:26:19(UTC)
Matticus

Man

09/06/2013

"Still working hard, writing and crafting this album to be the best album i've written.

Fuck pop music, i'm making something real.

This is more than just an album, it's more than just a story. It's my life. My twisted, distorted, messed up disaster of a life.

Keep waiting, it'll land soon.
"
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

thanks 2 users thanked Matticus for this useful post.
kandii on 10/06/2013(UTC), FiveT on 03/11/2015(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#8 Posted : 09 June 2013 22:30:50(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3949 time(s) in 1347 post(s)
Amy-Jayne - I cant wait to hear this it gonna be awesome!!
UserPostedImage
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#9 Posted : 10 June 2013 02:38:01(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Kourtney: Wow, you've got quite the story there sir. Anyways it's good to have you back and I look forward to your future projects. :)
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

Offline Matticus  
#10 Posted : 10 June 2013 02:51:33(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Originally Posted by: Princess_Valentine Go to Quoted Post
Kourtney: Wow, you've got quite the story there sir. Anyways it's good to have you back and I look forward to your future projects. :)

Matt: Thank you. This will be my last project though I think. I have done enough in my time, and seen enough; this industry hasn't been as welcoming as you'd think, the money is nice and the fame is great, but if you don't do as your told, you get it all back in your face!
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Offline Matticus  
#11 Posted : 27 August 2013 06:25:19(UTC)
Matticus

Man

26/08/2013

"Still perfecting the final piece to the final album,

Pulling out all the stops, for the perfect outcome,

The first single soon drops, can you feel the tension?

I'll give you all a hint, it's called Ascension
"
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

thanks 1 user thanked Matticus for this useful post.
FiveT on 03/11/2015(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#12 Posted : 10 November 2013 21:26:38(UTC)
Matticus

Man

10/11/2013

"Served to me on a plate, a world of opportunity,

Little did i know my fate, damned to obscurity,

In this darkening world, there lies no community,

Only evil minds and terrible kinds, forging a world of disunity
"

#LyricTeaser
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

FiveT on 03/11/2015(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#13 Posted : 31 October 2015 11:22:44(UTC)
Matticus

Man

31/10/2015

"Had a great time with Charlie Sloth on BBC Radio 1Xtra,

Click here to be directed to my Fire in the Booth,

Look out for more details on new music soon!
"
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Realms Of Darkness on 31/10/2015(UTC), FiveT on 03/11/2015(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#14 Posted : 02 December 2015 07:13:54(UTC)
Matticus

Man

01/12/2015

"Hey everybody! It's the first of December already! Can't believe how fast this year has gone!

Now in the lead up to Christmas, I have a present for you!

On December the 18th, I will be dropping the first single from my new album!

In the meantime however, see below the artwork for Life!
"

UserPostedImage
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

thanks 5 users thanked Matticus for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 02/12/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 02/12/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 02/12/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 03/12/2015(UTC), ang3licd3vil on 07/12/2015(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#15 Posted : 16 December 2015 06:51:39(UTC)
Matticus

Man

15/12/2015

"Hey Everyone! We are nearly there!

Only three days left until it's out, Who I Am!

Pre-Orders are available on iTunes NOW!

Watch my SBTV Interview and Performance HERE too!
"
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

GirlSpice on 16/12/2015(UTC), ang3licd3vil on 19/12/2015(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#16 Posted : 19 December 2015 12:12:21(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

ang3licd3vil on 20/12/2015(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#17 Posted : 31 December 2015 23:00:30(UTC)
Matticus

Man

31/12/2015

"Here we are guys, the end of another year.

I'm happy to say, this year has been a fairly quiet one for me - fairly...

Also I am really pleased to see that Who I Am was Number 2 on the download charts! So grateful and genuinely touched the you're all buying it and requesting to hear it on the radios!

In further news, the album is coming along very nicely, finished like 90% of it and the rest I am re-evaluating nearly daily! So I'm hoping to be able to put it there in like March or April - more to come on that!

In terms of more new music from me - there should be another new tune out by the end of January, but I can't say any more on that yet!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas, and enjoy New Years Eve guys! See you on the other side!
"
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

ang3licd3vil on 06/01/2016(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 09/01/2016(UTC)