logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 12 November 2013 08:47:22(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
CASSIE VALENTINE - LOVE & WAR

UserPostedImage

Artist: Cassie Valentine
Title: Love & War
Genre: R&B, Soul, Hip Hop
Label: FREEDOM
Released: Novemeber/December 2013
Recorded: 2011-2013

Producers
Nevaeh Martinez (Executive)
Pop & Oak
Rico Love
Claude Kelly
Da Internz
Tisha Jackson
Mark Deluca
Tricky Stewart

Cassie Valentine, a well known and respected R&B starlet, gathered a lot of hype for herself in the middle of 2011 due to her soulful and sublime debut single; 'I Love You' and a remixed version featuring pop star, Mandy Williams didn't do any harm either. Her debut release was not only well received by critics and the public, it helped to start off the popular urban/R&B trend that seemed to dominate last year. It was during this period where stars like Cassie, Chanel, Mykaylah, Cherise & Kia Johnson owned the charts and put soul back onto the map. Being a part of this new and exciting time in music, Cassie Valentine really turned heads and was starting to gain even more recognition as time went on. Also, being a part of 'F.Y.T' (a group of young singers and close friends) along with the likes of Isabel & Hayden Merjos, Mandy Williams, Luke Striker and Dominic Brown really put Ms. Valentine in the spotlight as she was associated with all these stars already at such an early stage of her career.

A few months later, a new single 'Freaky In The A.M' and a debut album titled, 'Pink Romance', had been released to critical acclaim and the sales reflected. Cassie's debut album was noted for its attitude yet being an extremely emotional record at the same time. Ms Valentine was now at the top of her game. After just having a huge and star studded birthday bash and a much loved album hit the shelves, she seemed unstoppable. The fourth single to be released from the album was 'Wasting My Tears'. One track that many loved and stood out among the others was, 'Fear'. This deep, emotional ballad went on to become the fifth single. Riding high on her success and receiving overwhelming demand, she re-released her debut album with a few extra tracks to tide fans over to album #2. The first (and only) single taken form the re-release was 'Wrong One'.

After all the promotion and releasing from the first album was over, Cassie hit the studio again to write and record her sophomore album. Promising to be bigger and better than the first, the album was highly anticipated and Cassie keeping tight lipped on the project just wet everyone's appetite even more. Fans were desperate to get their hands on the second album and when she finally released the lead single from the new project, 'If You Don't Love Me (Leave)', all the adoring fans rushed out to buy or quickly downloaded the track. It shot up to #1, giving Cassie her very first No.1 single. With all the buzz surrounding her, Valentine was making an even bigger name for herself and the second album was shaping up to be something quite spectacular. However, after the release of the lead single, Cassie went quiet for a while and all plans seemed to have came to a halt. With no blogs, interviews, tweets or statements from her label about the progress of the record, many assumed that the project had been scrapped. Cassie later confirmed the reason behind the delay.

Cassie Valentine wrote:
'I know many of you were excited about this album and looking forward to it and I was too but right now, it seems like I've just been working with these tracks forever and the spark in them that they first had has no seemed to have died out. If the artist behind the songs no longer has a feel for them then I don't think they should just throw them onto a disc, give them to fans and have everyone disappointed. I wasn't feeling the tracks anymore and I just decided to scrap the project. I am extremely sorry for the long wait but you know, I want this album to be perfect. I can officially tell you that bigger and better things are heading your way.

After releasing that statement, Cassie went 'back into hiding' again. No news about the new album surfaced and people seemed to have lost interest in the project due to the never ending wait. However, in November 2012, Cassie suddenly came back without warning and certainly got people hooked again. The R&B mid tempo ballad 'Love & War' was posted on her official YouTube channel and her website and received a multitude of views within a very small amount of time. The track put her bag on the map after slipping off the radar for a while. This single was a success, peaking at #6 and giving Ms. Valentine another top 10 hit to her name. In December 2012, a new song was confirmed as the albums newest promotional single; 'Thinking Of Me' was uploaded onto her official VEVO channel. Soon after Thinking of Me premiered, Cassie went back into the studio to finalize the record and rework some tracks. Nevaeh Martinez joined onto the project officially in May of 2013 to work on some tracks with Cassie. There, they developed the newest single, "Single (Go)" which was released on Novemeber 3rd, 2013. Marking Cassie's official return. The tracked reached the #1 position on the Digital Airplay Charts and #2 on the Airplay Charts becoming Cassie's most successful single to date. After the success of the single, Cassie's management felt it was the perfect time to launch Love & War.

This album; 'Love & War', is set to show a different side to Cassie. Her vocal range has widened and songwriting skills have improved greatly. On the album, Cassie has worked with an array of producers who she knows very well which helps them to capture the right essence of the songs and album as a whole as they know how Cassie works and what suits her best. Some tracks have been re-worked and new tracks recorded to finally develop the final product in Love & War.

UserPostedImage

Cassie Valentine wrote:
'It feels amazing to actually be starting the whole promotional process for 'Love & War'. It has been a long, long time coming but it is finally here and I am extremely happy with the final result. I wrote the majority of the track that made the cut in June/July, around the same time as the 'Love & War'. During that period of time I just seemed to have lots of inspiration coming from almost anything. I seemed unstoppable at that time, if you just gave me a pen and paper I would have written away and would be 100% pleased with what I had came up with which was really unusual for me. Usually it takes me a LOT of planning and time to actually get something to seem 'perfect' for me. This album still shows the feisty side of me as well as the softer side just like my debut however I think that on this album, it blends together a lot better. Whether it is down to the production of a song, the writing, the delivery or whatever it just seems to all fit together whereas on my first record it was sort of split into 'Attitude Cassie' and 'Soft Cassie'. With Love&War, it's the perfect album to listen to when you're in a relationship and you know there's going to be Love and intimacy and there's going to be war and heartbreak. I was dealing with a relationship during the time I began recording this album and at first the album was going to be called "FireFlies" but I felt Love & War really explained the album amazingly. Working with all the producers has been absolutely amazing, they have really helped perfect the songs and their creativeness alongside my very personal lyrics just seem fuse together nicely. I am very proud of this album and can't wait for all of my lovely fans to actually get their hands on it and embrace and love it. This is surreal, it's finally about to happen

SINGLES
1. If You Don't Love Me (Leave) [#1 Airplay Charts, #5 Digital Charts]
2. Love & War [#6 Airplay Charts]
3. Single (Go) [#2 Airplay Charts, #1 Digital Charts]

Tracklisting

UserPostedImage

OOC: Original RP by BrownSugar for Cassie Valentine's album some months ago. Figured I wouldn't let great work go to waste! Added some information and such to this RP for it's final product. Thanks for reading)

Edited by user 25 February 2014 16:00:08(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 9 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 12/11/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 12/11/2013(UTC), freestylechamp on 12/11/2013(UTC), BrownSugar on 12/11/2013(UTC), kandii on 12/11/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 12/11/2013(UTC), Walton on 12/11/2013(UTC), Andre Gandra on 12/11/2013(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 12/11/2013(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#2 Posted : 22 November 2013 02:42:45(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Song Title: If You Don't Love Me (Leave)
Length: 3:32
Genre: R&B, Hip Hop Soul
Written By: Cassie Valentine
Producer: Rico Love

Cassie's Comments
It's the opening track! And a personal favorite of mine. If You Don't LoveMe (Leave) was probably the first song I wrote for my sophomore album and was the first single too. I know there was some confusion as to whether or not the song would make the cut on this album and I am happy to say that it did. My fans were quite upset that it didn't make the cut when this album was suppose to be named FireFlies, so when I did the tracklisting for "Love&War", I thought it would only be right to include this. And plus, this track is special because they loved this track as much as I did and it even gave me my first number 1 single, so this song just has special place in my heart, not to mention the message in it as well. This song is a personal favorite of mine also because of the meaning that's behind it. I think that people will be able to relate to it like I have and hopefully they can take it and imply it to their own relationships. Its good to realize that you deserve nothing but the best and should always be treated with the up most respect with whomever they are with. This track is the perfect opening for Love & War. It's empowering, it's special, its full of attitude!

Night after night I'm alone in our bed
Since you act like you can't come home
Keeping the cheating thoughts out of my head
Though I know that's what you're doing
Been trying to figure out where we went wrong
Cause this life we've build together is ruined
Always the type of girl to remain strong
That's why I want you to do me a favor

If you don't love me then leave
Maybe then I can breathe
I can't take this anymore
Boy just go there's the door
At some moment in time
You'll want a love like mine
Til then just let me do me
Maybe then I can be free

Day after day people coming up to me
Telling me “he's cheating on you”
I try to play it off by saying “no that can't be”
Though I know what they say is true
Cause I can sense something is wrong
Ever since my love you don't savor
Always the type of girl to remain strong
That's why I want you to do me a favor

Maybe then I can breathe
At some moment in time
Maybe then I can be free

Back and forth, on and off
That's all we ever do
Break up, make up
I just don't understand you
Forgetting you, moving on
Yeah this love is so through

Maybe then I can breathe
At some moment in time
Maybe then I can be free

Sounds Like
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 4 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 22/11/2013(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 22/11/2013(UTC), Andre Gandra on 22/11/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/11/2013(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 22 November 2013 02:52:42(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Song Title: Thinking Of Me
Length: 4:35
Genre: R&B, Hip Hop
Written By: Cassie Valentine, L.Cosmo, A.Rosenberg
Producer: Claude Kelly, Mark Deluca

"Thinking Of Me" was the promotional single from Cassie Valentine's sophomore album; 'Love & War' and was the singer's ninth single over all. Like her previous single 'Love & War' (Which has so far reached No.6, becoming another top ten hit for her), this new track 'Thinking Of Me' is a mid-tempo R&B track with stunning, soaring vocals. Beginning with a soft and faint kick drum beat which slowly progresses into a deep, heartbeat sound similar to the introduction of Alicia Keys' hit 'Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart'. Female backing lightly harmonise whilst singing a simple 'ooooh' sound which is slightly over powered by the deep thumping of the kick drum. After around 10 seconds into the track, Cassie sings with deep, throaty vocals. /"Baby it won't be long before you come back around, I don't blame you, I'm the greatest"/ she sings, slightly teasing her ex who recently left the feisty songstress. /"The best you've ever had, just a pity you couldn't last
Such a shame you couldn't handle this"/ Cassie continues singing in the rich voice, hinting at her partner's poor sexual performance and that she was just too much for him. The kick drums continue to repeat their pattern, only with a less dominating sound as Cassie sings the first verse. A rumbling of drums and a light tinkering of a piano lead into the pre-chorus. Cassie's vocals are still full and throaty but slightly higher than in the verses. During this section of the song she points out how her ex may have a privileged life and can have anything and everything apart from Cassie and without her, his life is unhappy and incomplete. The piano playing stops as the chorus erupts. The deep, booming kick drum returns as Cassie belts out the first lines, "Tell me to go, with pleasure I'll hit the road". During the 1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th lines of the chorus, the warbling diva blows us away with powerful vocals that are a force to be reckoned with. In the 2nd, 4th, 6th and 8th lines, she suddenly switches to a higher, airy, falsetto voice. As the second verse follows on, it has more bass than the first verse as the song has now fully picked up. "Not saying I enjoy your pain but I just love owning this little game. Who can blame me? You're so pathetic". The ball is now clearly in Cassie's court and she loves seeing her ex being a wreck whilst she has the upper hand. "Reminiscing of time gone by, not even moved, don't even wanna cry. Guess you never made a big impression". Cassie pokes fun at the lack of fun she had with this guy and thinks their relationship was nothing special whilst he thinks Cassie is the be all and end all. The anthem like chorus returns again with the same passionate vocals as before. Taking her time on each word, it is really easy to pick up and sing along to. This time, the chorus repeats itself which keeps the explosive and powerful sound going. When the chorus finishes the second time around, she sings the next four lines in the same tune as the chorus only with more relaxed vocals against the playful playing of a piano. A low key of the piano is played when she finishes this section, the key is held for a few seconds before roughly 4 seconds of silence. Suddenly, one quick 'stomp' of a drum is heard, grabbing the listeners attention again before following into the huge chorus again. As the song approaches the end, Cassie sings with no backing music in a whispering, light voice.

CHORUS
High Notes

Baby it won't be long before you come back around
I don't blame you, I'm the greatest
The best you've ever had, just a pity you couldn't last
Such a shame you couldn't handle this

You are strong, you are rich, you can everything, everything
Except for me, yeah me
Buying this, buying that, but I'm the one thing you'll never have
So you're incomplete, incomplete

Tell me to go, with pleasure I'll hit the road
You'll need me before I even think of you
You can call me out, you can scream and shout
It won't phase me, I'll just drown the sound
When you are all alone, need a place to go
You'll come running, with wide open arms
You're still thinking of me, thinking of me
Oh it's too late, just give up this chase

Not saying I enjoy your pain but I just love owning this little game
Who can blame me? You're so pathetic
Reminiscing of time gone by, not even moved, don't even wanna cry
Guess you never made a big impression

You are strong, you are rich, you can everything, everything
Except for me, yeah me
Buying this, buying that, but I'm the one thing you'll never have
So you're incomplete, incomplete

Thinking of me, oh thinking of me
You'll never get this, you lost your cha-a-ance

Thinking of me, thinking of me
It's too late....

Sound Like

Edited by user 23 November 2013 00:04:47(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 6 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
erich hess on 22/11/2013(UTC), BrownSugar on 22/11/2013(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 22/11/2013(UTC), Andre Gandra on 22/11/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 22/11/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/11/2013(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#4 Posted : 22 November 2013 03:04:11(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Song Title: Hearts
Length: 4:11
Genre: R&B
Written By: Cassie Valentine, Deneil Khan
Producer: Claude Kelly

Cassie's Comment

"'Hearts' is one of my favourites on the entire album. I just love the relaxing, smooth and silky feel to the track and to me it sounds so dreamy, every time I hear it I just get lost up in it. I wrote the song myself whilst on the plane to the recording studio in London. I was flying over there to record a few songs that I had penned and out of boredom, I just picked up the pen and my notepad and wrote away. Everyone on the flight except me was asleep (apart from the pilot, thankfully) and I had nothing to do and it took me quite a while to actually write a full song. I think the original concept of the song was 'a girl in love with a boy who likes to play mind games' and I thought it was a bit similar to other tracks on the album so I started to question the concept of 'love' and see what I came up with and what could potentially become a song. I was just writing down buzz words like 'heart', 'marriage', 'conflict', 'passion' and other words that came to mind when I thought of relationships and love. I then expanded on each word and for 'heart' I realised I was writing things like 'confusing', 'misleading, 'your true feelings?', 'do you follow your mind or your heart?' and I just loved all the ideas that spun off from it and by the time people woke up on the flight I was 3/4 of the way through writing the song that became 'Hearts'.

Chorus
High Note

Please forgive me for listening to my heart, I'm only human
I make silly mistakes over again, we all do it
I should have thought it through, I guess I blew it
Never thought 'I love you' could cause so much damage
All your fears came pouring, it was too much to manage
But don't blame me for how I feel, I'm only human

We laugh, we love, we love to laugh, we laugh until we cry
We'll find someone special to hold close, by our sides
We love, we want, we want to love, love makes us want to cry
We'll find someone special to stay with us until we die
If your heart tells you to do so, would you take the chance?

Our hearts don't know when to stop the love
Our hearts always get the best of us
Our hearts fuel the fire, keeps it burning
Love can burn us out

Our hearts can't tell wrong from right
Our hearts don't when to stop the fight
Our hearts keep the old flame still burning
Love can light us up

I'm sorry for what I said, I messed up I'm only human
I couldn't see ahead, no idea what I was thinking
I should've listened to my mind instead of the silly wishing
Maybe it's not too late, maybe I can make it right
If only I could turn back time, before you went out of sight
But will my heart take over again? After all I'm only human

We laugh, we love, we love to laugh, we laugh until we cry
We'll find someone special to hold close, by our sides
We love, we want, we want to love, love makes us want to cry
We'll find someone special to stay with us until we die
If your heart tells you to do so, would you take the chance?

Love can burn us out

Love can light us up

It gets crazier each day as time slowly ticks away,
My heart gets wilder, drives me insane
I can't seem to compromise between my heart and my mind
Oh I'm going cra-azyyyyyy

Love can burn us out

Love can light us up

Sounds Like

Edited by user 22 November 2013 03:04:53(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 7 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 22/11/2013(UTC), erich hess on 22/11/2013(UTC), BrownSugar on 22/11/2013(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 22/11/2013(UTC), Andre Gandra on 22/11/2013(UTC), Walton on 23/11/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/11/2013(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#5 Posted : 22 November 2013 03:16:42(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage
Cassie Valentine. Where do we start? The North Carolina born vocal powerhouse grew to become a well known and respected R&B starlet, when she appeared in 2011 with her debut single; 'I Love You'. The debut release was not only well received by critics and the public, it helped to start off the popular urban/R&B trend that seems to dominate this year in 2014. It was during that period where stars like Cassie, Chanel, Mykaylah, Cherise & Kia Johnson began soul back onto the map. Being a part of this new and exciting time in music, Cassie Valentine really became a prominent name in urban music.

After releasing second single 'Freaky In The A.M' and her debut album, 'Pink Romance', that was met with a massive critical acclaim and commerical success. Cassie's debut album was cited for its soulful attitude that mixed perfectly well with the emotional touch that it possessed. After the debut release, it seemed like nothing could stop this very talented songstress

After all the promotion and releasing from the first album was over, Cassie hit the studio again to write and record her sophomore album. Promising to be bigger and better than the first, the album was highly anticipated and Cassie keeping tight lipped on the project just wet everyone's appetite even more. Fans were desperate to get their hands on the second album and when she finally released the lead single from the new project, 'If You Don't Love Me (Leave)', all the adoring fans rushed out to buy or quickly downloaded the track. It shot up to #1, giving Cassie her very first No.1 single. Since then however, Cassie began to slowly fade away from the public eye to focus on the record. When she was unhappy with the turnout of the rest of the tracks and feeling a disconnection from the record, she scrapped the record and begin recording the new material. This was when "Thinking Of Me" was released, the song was was also a success reaching the #6 position on the charts. Once again, after the single was released, Cassie began to take time off to focus on the new record she has been promising her fans.

With promotion for her sophomore record in the air, Cassie finally reappeared with her hopes high to reach the success that she once had and finally release her sophomore record. With Urban music's popularity and focus reaching a very promising position in 2013, Cassie wants to bounce back to where she was as she gets ready to release her newest single and final single to be released before her sophomore album is released. Please enjoy, "Single (Go)".

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Title: Single (Go)
Length: 3:54
Genre: R&B, Soul
Writers: C.Valentine, Deneil Khan
Producers: Nevaeh Martinez

Track Overview

'Single (Go)' is the newest single to be released by R&B singer, Cassie Valentine. The track has a very old school R&B beat and bassline to it the track starts off and Cassie bring her powerhouse vocals onto. The track features synths, and slow and enjoyable clapping beats that sway perfectly with the soulful vibe of the track. In the track, Cassie sings out to a ex boyfriend of hers as she now enjoys her time as a single woman. The part that is probably most enjoyable is the initial build up to the track as Cassie sings out in a loud tone, "Who you gonna run to?|Who you gonna cry to?|It won't be me anymore, walking these heels up out the door|Who you gonna lie to?|Who you gonna turn to?|I feel sorry for the next chick, oh boy you're such a... Where the track continues to build and breaks into a massive hip hop influenced chorus that includes a large bass and pumping synths where Cassie belts out the very catchy chorus over the bassline that can easily get you moving and vibing to due to the production of the track and Cassie's ever powerful vocals. The emotion that Cassie is holding in her vocals is undeniable as she dismisses this no good ex, as she begins to enjoy this single life of hers who begins to miss her for everything that she is, but its too late.

The bridge is also another standout of the track. As the beat, slows down as the bass turns down real low. This way, we hear Cassie's vocals very clearly as she sings the bridge emotionally, but with much confidence. You didn't miss a good thing till it was gone|Now you realise that you're all alone|I bet you wish that I was back|Do you really think I'm stupid like that?|If you could just make it all rewind|Would you do things differently this time?|Don't matter what you say|Cos I'm so gone, flying far away. After the bridge, the song breaks into the chorus once more where Cassie sings her vocals perfectly until the very end.

Cassie's Comment

"When I started to write the song back in September, I was going through a really aggressive, feisty mood musically. Writing the track was really easy, I was just in a wild mood that day, I was fully charged. All these venomous words and thoughts were all being written down on my little notepad during the writing process and I have no idea were the anger came from but all the hateful thoughts came together. I thought of an ex of mine actually, who regretted ever messing up with me and this all just came out. I think its so relatable for so many girls out there who have had a man who really screwed up and you think to yourself. "What was I thinking?". I think we all go through it, and vice versa for a guy too, who might feel that way. I am so excited for this track because not only doesn't sound great, but its very honest and this is what my fans love the most from me, so I knew that this would be absolutely perfect. The record starts off really slow and laid back and it really takes a turn during the hook, it might actually take you off guard. The chorus is big too, which is another thing I love about this song. I just hope that my fans love it as much as I do because this is the record that really settles my return to the public and radio and I am just so ready to release my album for everyone, it's been a while, but the wait will be worth it. I've been workng very hard and I won't ever stop. I hope you all enjoy this record."

Oh, what was I thinking? Why did I ever let you in?
You took my heart and tore it into little pieces
You told all my secrets, spilled every little bit
What did I ever see in you? I'm just so glad that we're through

Who you gonna run to?
Who you gonna cry to?
It won't be me anymore, walking these heels up out the door
Who you gonna lie to?
Who you gonna turn to?
I feel sorry for the next chick, oh boy you're such a

Don't be thinking that you are all that
Don't be tripping, you can't have me back
I'm young, sexy, single and totally loving it
You ain't on my mind, don't miss you one bit
Don't be running your mouth around town
Don't be saying how much I've let you down
You were the one who let it crash and burn
You had a good time, now I think it's my turn

Go, go, go, go-oh-oh-oh
Go, go, go, go-oh-oh-oh

Why did I believe in all the things you had told me?
Guess I was just too naive, too blinded by you to see
Why did it take me so long to see behind your mask?
You had me fooled for a while, I guess I'll give you that

Who you gonna run to?
Who you gonna cry to?
Who you gonna lie to?
Who you gonna turn to?

Go, go, go, go-oh-oh-oh
Go, go, go, go-oh-oh-oh
Go, go, go, go-oh-oh-oh
Go, go, go, go-oh-oh-oh

You didn't miss a good thing till it was gone
Now you realise that you're all alone
I bet you wish that I was back
Do you really think I'm stupid like that?
If you could just make it all rewind
Would you do things differently this time?
Don't matter what you say
Cos I'm so gone, flying far away

Don't be running your mouth around town....

(Fade)

Sounds Like

Edited by user 22 November 2013 03:17:56(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

RoseJapanFan on 22/11/2013(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 22/11/2013(UTC), Andre Gandra on 22/11/2013(UTC), BrownSugar on 23/11/2013(UTC), erich hess on 23/11/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/11/2013(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#6 Posted : 22 November 2013 04:31:12(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Song Title: I Need Somebody
Length: 3:20
Producer: Da Internz

Cassie's Comment
I love this song. I Need Somebody is a track on the album that really cuts back on the production values and solely focuses on my vocals and the lyrical content of the track. It's very soothing and just beautiful to the ears with the guitars and backing instruments. I also love it because the message of the song, which goes well with Love & War. You can mend a mans broken heart, and yes, a man can have a broken heart too, and can feel down and can cry because of it as well. I made that apparent with this record, that its okay for someone to call out and say that they need somebody, and there will be someone there for you eventually. You shouldn't have to feel ashamed to speak out about being heart broken and feeling alone, that its okay. This song vocally for me was a stand out, I really wanted my voice to stand out with this one and I am really happy with the outcome. With this, we take a step away from the war, and focus more on the love.

When I saw you
I knew, that you were just the one for me
There’s no way I could have known
That your heart was broken

But your heart can heal
You don’t need to feel all alone
I’m telling you it’s alright
To say I want to love somebody
It’s alright to live your dream
Nobody can take that away
you worked so hard for all your life
Don’t be afraid to stand up and say

I need somebody
Someone to call my name
I want to love somebody
Who makes me smile everyday
No tears, No pain
No aching within my broken frame
No lies, No fakes
I want someone who just won’t betray
I’ve been looking to make you smile,
but your broken heart still remembers the day
When you cried, and covered your eye’s
To hide the tear’s that fell from your face

Your heart can heal
You don’t need to feel all alone
I’m telling you it’s alright
To say I want to love somebody
It’s alright to live your dream
Nobody can take that away
you worked so hard for all your life
Don’t be afraid to stand up and say

I need somebody
Someone to call my name
I want to love somebody
No tears, No pain
No lies, No fakes

Let it be known, don't be ashamed
You need someboday, to take the pain
So scream it loud, I'll be around
To mend that heart, so you'll never say

I need somebody
Someone to call my name
I want to love somebody
No tears, No pain
No lies, No fakes

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 8 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 22/11/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 22/11/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 22/11/2013(UTC), Andre Gandra on 22/11/2013(UTC), BrownSugar on 23/11/2013(UTC), erich hess on 23/11/2013(UTC), Walton on 23/11/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/11/2013(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#7 Posted : 22 November 2013 23:21:54(UTC)
Famouss7x7

TRACKS 6-8 TOMORROW!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 2 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 22/11/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/11/2013(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#8 Posted : 23 November 2013 11:48:02(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Song Title: Best Friend
Length: 3:59
Genre: Soul, R&B
Written By: Cassie Valentine, Nevaeh Martinez
Producer: Nevaeh Martinez

Cassie's Comment
I LOVE this song. Its that type of song thats hard hitting because it has such a dilemma. Its like a true story that I know alot of people can relate to. I had so much fun writing this song with Nevaeh because we were really able to put our selves in a situation when we were in love with someone and they happen to be in love with a best friend. That really sucks! But it happens and I thought it was a perfect topic to really include in this album. I didnt want the album to just be full of love and heartbreak songs. This really takes a turn and introduces a real problem that truly goes on. Imagine being in that sitaution. How fucked up you would feel and I really get that across with my emotion and vocals in this one. When I went in the studio I closed my eyes and really put my self in the situation and really became one with the record and I am so happy with the outcome. Its certainly a stand out here not only lyrically, but vocally too! The piano background with the really soulful baseline also really stands out here on this one. My favorite part of the track is honestly the entire thing, from start to finish. Especially the break down before the final chorus, the song takes a break and it sounds as if it's rising, there, I just let my vocals flow and really just take over. Nevaeh really captures what I want my songs to sound like which is why I love working with her. So happy with this record, hope you are too.

I just don’t know what to do anymore
You make me happy
But you also make me cry
You make me smile
But you also make me upset
There are so many things I would like to say to you
But I know…

I know that you wouldn’t care
I know that you wouldn’t listen
If I said those three words things would be worse
Not letting you know is killing me
And you will never know
Cause you’re in love with my best friend

I can’t get you out of my head
‘Cause I’m so addicted to you
When I’m with you the pain goes away
And when you’re away the pain starts to multiply
When I see you with her I start to scream on the inside
I wanna tell you what you tell her
But I know…

And you will never know
‘Cause you’re in love with my best friend

What if I said those words to you
Would it change your mind
Would you see why I act the way I do when you’re around
I can’t believe that you don’t see the love I have for you
So I’m gonna have to let you go

And you will never know
I’m gonna have to let you go
(2x)

Edited by user 23 November 2013 11:49:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

AmyJayneXoX on 23/11/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 23/11/2013(UTC), Walton on 23/11/2013(UTC), Andre Gandra on 27/11/2013(UTC), GirlSpice on 27/11/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 30/11/2013(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#9 Posted : 23 November 2013 17:24:46(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Song Title: I'm Scared
Length: 4:24
Genre: R&B, Hip Hop, Alternative Hip Hop
Producer: Mark Deluca

Cassie's Comment
I'm Scared is such a dark and captivating record. Some girls have this skeptic attitude when it comes to a loved one. They want them to leave but they're also afraid of how the loved one will react. I have been through it before. In this record I am telling a story about how a guy is really hurtful to a female and although she wants him to leave, she's afraid of the outcome...how he will react and if she will be able to move on without him in her life. I think the sound of the song really mixes perfect with the attitude of the record. It's dark, it's haunting and it's a deep record. I think Mark really captured the essence of what I wanted the song to sound like. It's really alternative and hip hop influenced. I wrote the song a while ago and knew this was a gem I would keep for a while. I was in a relationship when I knew the guy I was with wasn't right for me, but to be honest I grew this connection to him that was so hard to break away from and I was afraid of what would happen if I told him I didn't want to be with him, and I was afraid of how I would feel being alone. I think alot of girls deal with this and I think this is yet another track thats relatable as a whole but at the end of the day you should follow your heart, and I followed mine and I realized that since he can't respect me, it was about that time for him to leave. This record was really therapeutic for me because its coming right from my heart and I'm happy to be able to share this one with all of my fans.

The sky is falling
The world spinning
And my heart is breaking
And your just standing there
Acting like your words don’t hurt

Who do you think you are?
This time you’ve pushed me too far
I need you to leave
Before you believe
That’s it okay to hurt me

And I’m sitting here alone again
Wishing I never let this begin
I’m crying my heart out
And I can still hear you shout
While I’m thinking
I want you to get out
But I’m scared of what you’ll do to me
If I tell you I need you to leave
I’m scared of what I will be
When there’s nobody here with me

Sometimes your nice
Why can’t they see?
That I can change you
Teach you how to treat me
Did I really ever think that?
Now I’m burning out like a match

I’m tired of feeling
Like I’m never good enough
I’m tired of thinking I need to please you
So don’t want to keep you
I’m sick of you calling me names and fucking around
This is my life
And It’s not a game

I’m crying my heart out
While I’m thinking
I want you to get out

Please just leave
Please forget about me
Just let me be
(2x)

I’m crying my heart out
While I’m thinking
I want you to get out

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 7 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 23/11/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 23/11/2013(UTC), Andre Gandra on 27/11/2013(UTC), GirlSpice on 27/11/2013(UTC), Walton on 27/11/2013(UTC), erich hess on 27/11/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 30/11/2013(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#10 Posted : 27 November 2013 03:43:56(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Abie: So far there are three words to describe this album so far…"High Class", "Sexy" and "Powerful Vocals", well that makes five than three words I know, but how can we describe Cassie in only three words? Girl you're so amazing in this new album, I'm lovin’ it and my favorite track so far it's "I'm scared".

OOC: Had to comment before, the artwork is stunning and the lyrics are awesome ;)
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 27/11/2013(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#11 Posted : 27 November 2013 11:35:41(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post
Abie: So far there are three words to describe this album so far…"High Class", "Sexy" and "Powerful Vocals", well that makes five than three words I know, but how can we describe Cassie in only three words? Girl you're so amazing in this new album, I'm lovin’ it and my favorite track so far it's "I'm scared".

OOC: Had to comment before, the artwork is stunning and the lyrics are awesome ;)

Cassie: Awww oh my god. You are too sweet Abie! I am so glad you are liking the album. Those three words are something I can definitely live with. Thank sooo much Abie! :)

OOC: Thank you! Much appreciated, so happy you are enjoying the lyrics :)

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Song Title: Down
Length: 3:59
Genre: R&B, Soul, Pop, Rock
Written By: Tisha Jackson, Cassie Valentine
Producer: Tisha Jackson

Cassie's Comment
This is yet another one of my favorites off of Love&War. I've gotten the chance to work with a really good friend on this track. Tisha Jackson. We were looking to work with eachother while before this record was recorded, and she called me up saying that she had a track that would fit perfectly for me. I am not really fond of songs being written for me but when we met, she showed me the lyrics and I instantly was able to relate to the song. It reminds me of my past alot, I made some changes to the lyrics and got in the studio and we were able to created a record that's equally captivating as it is emotional. The track is about about a woman in love and fighting for love by herself. Her man is no longer the passionate, adventurous, lover she once knew. He has now turned cold on her. This makes her question is he still ‘down’? Down for the ride? Down for love? Down for what they have. I think alot of people will be able to relate to this record and I am extremely happy with the outcome. Not only the lyrics, not only the instrumentation, not only the vocal delivery, but the song as a whole. Big ups to Tisha!

Over a year since we first met, one month of bliss
Eleven months of unsettledness, and I’m still down
Broken and confused is how you left me baby
And still I’m down
I’m still down for this falsification we call love
I’m sick of you saying that this is love
I need you to show me

No, I’m down
I know you ain’t been down since last winter
But I’m still down
(La da la da da) (La da la da da)
No, I’m down
But I’m still down
Bay Bayyyy (Ahhhhhhh)

Heaven only knows why I gave you so much power
Scared to say but you I almost idolized
You sat and watched my tears dry on their own
You reach your climax when I’m in pain
Heaven knows how much I’ve tried to walk away
Then you do that fraudulent vulnerable act
And foolishly I stay

No, I’m down
But I’m still down
No, I’m down
But I’m still down
Bay Bayyyy (Ahhhhhhh)

Boy I’ve been down since last year’s Fall
Then we crashed and burned
Oh it’s all your fault
Well maybe I’ll take some blame
I should’ve left when I saw you were no longer down
Now I’m stuck
[Oooooooh ] [Oooooooh ] [Oooooooh]
[Oooooh] [Ooooooooooo] Ooooooooooo]

No, I’m down
But I’m still down
No, I’m down
But I’m still down
Bay Bayyyy (Ahhhhhhh)

I’m still down
I’m still down
I’m still down
I’m still down

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 3 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
erich hess on 27/11/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 28/11/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 30/11/2013(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#12 Posted : 30 November 2013 02:55:06(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Song Title: Our Last Kiss
Length: 3:40
Written By: Mark Lane, Cassie Valentine
Producer: Tricky Stewart

The time is almost here
When love has lost its hold
Like reaching deep inside
A great big pot of gold

She placed his hands in hers
And with her soft red lips
She whispered in his ears
I’m taking my last trip

Our last kiss, let’s make it last forever
Our last kiss, our moments spent together
Our last kiss, simple but so pure
Our last kiss, of a love that did endure

She gave him one last kiss
And said please do not cry
For I am always with you
So honey dry your eyes

She held his hand real tight
And said please don’t forget
Our moment hear tonight
When we kissed our last kiss

She closed her tear filled eyes
And breathed her one last breath
He held her very tight
She’s all that he had left

He gave her one last hug
Forever he will miss
He took her hand in his
And gave her one last kiss

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Song Title: Love & War
Length: 4:05
Written By:Cassie Valentine, Mercedes Payne, Dustyn Blue

Track Overview
'Love & War' is a mid-tempo ballad song written by Cassie Valentine, Mercedes Payne and Dustyn Blue. It was produced by upcoming female producer, KOOKIE, who has worked with Mercedes Payne recently. 'Love & War' is about a guy who has feelings for Cassie yet is too proud to admit it and instead acts tough, as if he's heading into war but in reality he really wants to fall in love.

The single is 'darker' than Cassie's previous work yet doesn't stray to far from her usual R&B style. 'Love & War' combines elements of an R&B/Pop ballad with trip hop and contains a melody driven by strings and a piano. The track has a haunting feeling to it throughout the verses due to its light and soft instrumentation alongside Cassie's vocals (sung in falsetto) which sound very delicate and almost as if she's hurt and crying. When it reaches the chorus, the trip hop element comes in and gives the track a great beat and raises from a typical piano ballad to a powerful song. Cassie's vocals also become 'fuller' in the chorus, sounding more passionate and forceful than in the verses. In verses 3 and 4, Ms. Valentine returns to the falsetto style vocals and the gentle piano comes into play again. However, in verse 4 a few high notes are added in to create much more impact and show off her vocal range. The dramatic and attention grabbing chorus comes into full swing again. In the bridge of the song, the strings are very prominent more so than the piano. Cassie's vocals are light and breathy until the section where she sings the first part of the chorus on its own. With no backing music except from the odd key played on the piano, a fiery Cassie sings; "/Put down your arms, boy I surrender/Can't win this war, I admit defeat/Can we just fall in lo-ove?/Ooooh,Why can't we fall in love?/Yeeeahhhhh." before diving into the powerful chorus. The chorus represents the 'War' side of the song, filled with passion and aggression whilst the verses represent 'Love', very tender and showing how much love can hurt.

PopJustice Review
Since arriving onto the scene last year with the beautiful single; 'I Love You', Cassie Valentine proved that you didn't need to show lots of skin and sing about getting drunk and dancing to have chat success. Her debut album; 'Pink Romance' sold exceptionally well and was met with rave reviews. After releasing a few more singles from her debut album that charted moderately well, Cassie soon fell off people's radars for a bit. She laid low whilst recording her sophomore effort and instead of doing the usual 'celebrity' thing and doing something outrageous to get her in the headlines to keep the spotlight on her whilst we waited....she did nothing. She released 'If You Don't Love Me (Leave)' as the lead single from her second album in early 2012 and the single was a success peaking at No.1, however it soon fell off the charts and Cassie remained quiet and talks about her second album and updates just ceased.

Now....SHE'S BACK! Teaming up with KOOKIE as the producer and getting help from Dustyn Blue and Mercedes Payne in the songwriting department, this song is a sure fire hit. Cassie's vocals are as strong as ever and we are even treated to a handful of beautiful high notes. Again, she's stuck to R&B and that's a good thing as she can pull it off instead of going down the dance/dubstep route which many fellow artists have. Whilst the song isn't really a huge power ballad, it still delivers and gives the listener goosebumps, making every hair on their body stand up with every note she hits. 'Love & War' is now being treated as the lead single from her upcoming album and we are sure it'll put Cassie back on the map. With excellent lyrics, amazing production and outstanding vocals it's safe to say that Cassie Valentine is back!

OVERALL: 9/10

Cassie's Comment
"For me, 'Love & War' is one of my favourite songs that I've recorded for this album so that was one reason it had to be the lead single but another reason that I chose it was that the lyrics in the song were really personal to me. I've felt like that before. A guy I liked and who liked me back wouldn't admit it and if he just told me how he felt, we could have fallen in love and who knows what else but he decided to play hard to get and took it to far so instead, it became a war. I wrote the outline of the song when I was in the studio one day and Mercedes was there, who is a friend of mine. I showed her the song and she pitched ideas and I loved them so we worked on it together. Later on, I still felt something was missing and Mercedes said; 'I know this boy, Dustyn, who is in Weekend and he is a great little songwriter so maybe we can pull him into this to see what he can come up with' so, I agreed and the next day we worked our backsides off together, just us three in this little studio, we ate and drank our own body weight in cakes and tea and by the end of it 'Love & War' was finally finished. When it came to recording, I called up KOOKIE to produce the song. I heard what she did with Mercedes and her style is very different and quirky which is what I wanted for the track, I didn't want it to be just another ballad. So I called her up and she was so passionate about it, she was pitching so many ideas and I loved all of them. After a while, she finished the track and whilst I was recording my vocals over it I actually had butterflies in my stomach because I couldn't believe how proud I was of this song. I loved every single minute of working on 'Love & War' and I hope you enjoy listening to it!

KEY
Chorus
High Note

I know how you feel about me
Just ask anyone, it's so plain to see
Yet you deny your heart to the very core
I want love, you want war

I get close then you push me further
You love to tease me don't ya?
If it's me you're fighting for
Boy let's make love and not war

Put down your arms, boy I surrender
Can't win this war, I admit defeat
Can we just fall in lo-ove? Why can't we fall in love?
I can't escape or run for cover
You're in my head, I keep on losing sleep

Skin to skin yet you pull away
You can never find the words to say
We both know that you want more
Yet you turn this into war

You torment my heart, can't you se-ee?
Do you really want to be with me?
Well just say it, what you waiting for?
You're making this a war

Wave your white flag, please surrender
Put down your guns, don't have to pretend, yeah
Fall in to my arms, what you waiting for?
Come on, end this tug of war

Put down your arm, boy I surrender
Can't win this war I admit defeat
Can we just fall in lo-ove?
Ooooh,
Why can't we fall in love?
Yeeeahhhhh

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 30 November 2013 03:22:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

AmyJayneXoX on 30/11/2013(UTC), erich hess on 30/11/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 30/11/2013(UTC), Walton on 30/11/2013(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#13 Posted : 30 November 2013 03:04:45(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3949 time(s) in 1347 post(s)
Amy-Jayne: I love love love this album Cassie it is truly amazing well done girl, if this is not successful then I don't know what people are listening too :)

OOC - wow these lyrics are incredible, I wish I could write lyrics like you they are truly top notch the overall RP is great too :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 30/11/2013(UTC)
User is suspended until 28/07/4752 18:55:55(UTC) Walton  
#14 Posted : 30 November 2013 05:35:59(UTC)
Walton

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1998 time(s) in 1105 post(s)
Serenity: I wanted to listen the entire album before making any judgement but I must say that I love this album. Purchased it on iTunes. I love that you took your time on this album and didn't rush to release anything that you weren't satisfied with as an artist. My favorite track has to be 'Down'. Overall, this album is great though. You deserve every tiny bit of success you get Cassie!

Sonyae: Cassie; HUGS AND KISSES MAMI! You did it with this album. It's been such a long-awaited sophomore release but it was definitely worth the wait. My bedroom jam is 'All Night' ;) But I love the rest of the songs. It's a miracle that I actually like every single song on here but I'm not surprised since this is a Cassie V. album. Nonetheless, congratulations on the sophomore release! Hugs and kisses from the mistress. Muuuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaah!

P.S. I love giving long and juicy kisses so deal with this. :P

OOC: Great work on the album. I'm glad you put Cassie back on the map and quickly too! Another great album RP by you. Cheers! :D
Offline Famouss7x7  
#15 Posted : 30 November 2013 10:16:37(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: AmyJayneXoX Go to Quoted Post
Amy-Jayne: I love love love this album Cassie it is truly amazing well done girl, if this is not successful then I don't know what people are listening too :)

OOC - wow these lyrics are incredible, I wish I could write lyrics like you they are truly top notch the overall RP is great too :)

Cassie: Thank you so much sweetie! I wish you the very best on your new album, it is sounding so good so far! xoxo Thanks for your support :)

OOC: Aww thanks so much! Some credit has to go to BrownSugar of course, and Tisha Jackson for giving me the track 'Down'. Glad you enjoyed this! :)

Originally Posted by: Walton Go to Quoted Post
Serenity: I wanted to listen the entire album before making any judgement but I must say that I love this album. Purchased it on iTunes. I love that you took your time on this album and didn't rush to release anything that you weren't satisfied with as an artist. My favorite track has to be 'Down'. Overall, this album is great though. You deserve every tiny bit of success you get Cassie!

Sonyae: Cassie; HUGS AND KISSES MAMI! You did it with this album. It's been such a long-awaited sophomore release but it was definitely worth the wait. My bedroom jam is 'All Night' ;) But I love the rest of the songs. It's a miracle that I actually like every single song on here but I'm not surprised since this is a Cassie V. album. Nonetheless, congratulations on the sophomore release! Hugs and kisses from the mistress. Muuuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaah!

P.S. I love giving long and juicy kisses so deal with this. :P

OOC: Great work on the album. I'm glad you put Cassie back on the map and quickly too! Another great album RP by you. Cheers! :D

Cassie: @Serenity Thank you so much girl! I really truly appreciate you going on itunes and purhasing the album. It has been a long time coming and I certainly was not going to give my fans anything that I felt wasn't of quality which is why the album took so long, at the end of the day I am so happy I took my time with this because I am so happy with the outcome, and I'm glad you are too. Down? I love that one also! I knew that would be amongst the favorites but in all, thank you for showing your support, it's much appreciated. Wish you all the best in your career! :)

Cassie: @Sonyae Hugs and kissing right back to you miss thang! :) Do you really like every song? You got me cheesing right now? When I hear stuff like that it makes this whole long process really a breath of fresh air! I want my listeners to listen to this and feel that, that wait was completely worth it. Soooo happy you like this, you're always supportive and I love your movement and I support you in that as well. Glad you took the time to listen to Love & War and give such positive feed back. Do yo thang girl! Thank you again xoxo

OOC: Thanks so much Tafari for taking the time out to view this. I felt bad for Cassie, so I felt I needed to do her justice and I'm very happy with the reception she has been getting. Thank you thank youuuu! Glad you enjoyed it ;)

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Walton on 30/11/2013(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#16 Posted : 01 December 2013 10:19:00(UTC)
Famouss7x7

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Title: Single (Go)
Length: 4:00
Genre: R&B, Soul, Hip Hop Soul
Writers: C.Valentine, Deneil Khan, Lotus
Producers: Nevaeh Martinez

Black - Cassie
Red - Lotus

Fooled me once , fooled me twice
You got me good , not even gonna lie
You had your turn , now I think it's mine
Green light ... single ... go !

Oh, what was I thinking? Why did I ever let you in?
You took my heart and tore it into little pieces
You told all my secrets, spilled every little bit
What did I ever see in you? I'm just so glad that we're through

Who you gonna run to?
Who you gonna cry to?
Who you gonna lie to?
Who you gonna turn to?

Go, go, go, go-oh-oh-oh
Go, go, go, go-oh-oh-oh

Why did I believe in all the things you had told me?
Guess I was just too naive, too blinded by you to see
Why did it take me so long to see behind your mask?
You had me fooled for a while, I guess I'll give you that

Who you gonna run to?
Who you gonna cry to?
Who you gonna lie to?
Who you gonna turn to?

Go, go, go, go-oh-oh-oh
Go, go, go, go-oh-oh-oh
Go, go, go, go-oh-oh-oh
Go, go, go, go-oh-oh-oh

It took me so long to see what was behind your mask
You were right next to me but it took some time to do the math
So close to my heart , damn , I can't believe I let you do that
So damn glad I caught on before I experienced the aftermath
Glad I moved on , my eyes got better shit to do
Can't believe I ever spent time crying over you
You did me so wrong and I'm not coming back even if you apologize
'Cause I realize that every 'I'm sorry' I got before was just another lie
The fact that I was into you will always be over my head
How was I so in love with you ? I will never understand
Turns out I've learned so much from your twisted lessons
And when I found myself , you lost so much , just confess it

You didn't miss a good thing till it was gone
Now you realize that you're all alone
I bet you wish that I was back
Do you really think I'm stupid like that?
If you could just make it all rewind
Would you do things differently this time?
Don't matter what you say
Cos I'm so gone, flying far away

Don't be running your mouth around town....

Fooled me once , fooled me twice
You got me good , not even gonna lie
You had your turn , now I think it's mine
Green light ... single ... go !

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

RoseJapanFan on 01/12/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 01/12/2013(UTC), Walton on 01/12/2013(UTC), kandii on 01/12/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#17 Posted : 01 December 2013 10:58:56(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: Great work on this and the album :)

Isabel: Cassie, so happy to see your album is finished and I will be buying it first thing tomorrow morning! :) Every song on here is awesome and I'm playing this anytime I need to just relax and kick back, hehe. Lotus, you definitely did your thing on the remix, loved every bit of it and I'm just so happy that you're back and with such a wonderful album <3
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
kandii on 01/12/2013(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#18 Posted : 01 December 2013 11:12:50(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19124 time(s) in 7592 post(s)
ooc: Excellent work on this. Glad to see Cassie back and I'm really happy that the few songs I wrote for her didn't go to waste lol

Deneil: CASSIEEEEEEEEEEEE, amazing job on the album. Really enjoyed writing 'Single (Go)' with you. I knew it was a hit from the start ;) Lotus fucking killed it on the remix too. It was great seeing two of my favourite ladies on one track. I'll def be picking up a copy of the album.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Offline freestylechamp  
#19 Posted : 01 December 2013 11:16:46(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Kidd: Wow, R&B is in good talented hands if this is the standard for everything. This was great work and the remix was good too I see you lotus. Keep it up I would like to see what else you have planned

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
Offline Famouss7x7  
#20 Posted : 02 December 2013 03:17:16(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
ooc: Excellent work on this. Glad to see Cassie back and I'm really happy that the few songs I wrote for her didn't go to waste lol

Deneil: CASSIEEEEEEEEEEEE, amazing job on the album. Really enjoyed writing 'Single (Go)' with you. I knew it was a hit from the start ;) Lotus fucking killed it on the remix too. It was great seeing two of my favourite ladies on one track. I'll def be picking up a copy of the album.

OOC: Thanks alot! Those lyrics were too good to let go of and I didn't want good work to go to trash lol. Definitely happy to see her flourishing after a few set backs. Thanks for checking this out:)

Cassie: Deneil! Badboy Khan! You're such a talented musician and songwriter and if it wasn't for Single (Go) I dont know if this could have been possible so quickly . Thank you so much for being apart of this project and all your support, hope to work with you soon xoxo and that you enjoy your copy!

Originally Posted by: RoseJapanFan Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Great work on this and the album :)

Isabel: Cassie, so happy to see your album is finished and I will be buying it first thing tomorrow morning! :) Every song on here is awesome and I'm playing this anytime I need to just relax and kick back, hehe. Lotus, you definitely did your thing on the remix, loved every bit of it and I'm just so happy that you're back and with such a wonderful album <3

OOC: Thanks Tequila :)

Cassie: Izzy :). I'm really happy you like it! We go way back and I'm happy you've taken the time out to support this. Sooo when are we meeting up to celebrate? Lol. Miss ya, thank you for always being supportive, Enjoy your copy xoxo <3

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 04/12/2013(UTC)