logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Matticus  
#1 Posted : 11 December 2015 06:57:51(UTC)
Matticus

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1328 time(s) in 705 post(s)
Matt Young, SBTV Interview 10th December 2015
UserPostedImage

The camera turns on and we can see Matt Young sat on a dark red sofa with two white cushions. He is sat on his own looking just past the camera at SBTV's Jamal who is just off screen. Matt is wearing a crisp white Tee with a simple red flower across the chest, dark jeans and bright white hi-top shoes. Matt can be seen to be laughing as the camera focuses on him and the audio turns on properly.

Jamal can be heard starting the interview, "Good Afternoon viewers, we have a huge treat for you today, sat across from me today on this brand new red sofa is Mr Matt Young! How are you doing today MattY?"

Matt lifts his hand in a salute and smiles, winking into the camera, "What's up guys, I'm rocking man, how are you?" He adjusts his sitting position and gets himself more comfortable. The two exchange pleasantries and then Jamal continues.

"Now today viewers, we've got a few minutes of Matt's time to ask him a few questions and after that he is going to perform his new track for us." Matt nods in agreement, smiling at the camera and then returning his focus to Jamal. "So it has been a long time since we last had any original material from you, the last solo album coming out in June 2011. What took you so long to come back to us with something fresh and new?"

"Well Jamal," Matt begins, "I obviously did the tour after Growth came out, and then after that I obviously had my personal issues, which have been very well documented for the year or so after the album. With Cherise passing away and our baby never being born, I had a lot on my plate, and as per usual I turned the wrong way I got far too involved in drug and alcohol abuse. I'm surprised any of my organs still work even close to as well as how they used to." Jamal can be heard humming in agreement, "So I took myself away from it all and have spent a considerable chunk of that last two years in and out of rehabilitation clinics."

"Wow, that's pretty mega Matt, I hadn't realised your issues had got quite so deep." Matt again can be seen nodding, "So I understand the new record is called Life. Tell us all a bit more about where the inspiration for the new record came from."

Matt edges towards the front of the sofa and leans forwards slightly, placing his hands together over his knees, "Well, it is a look back at everything that I have done, good and bad, over the past few years. I like to think it is going to be semi-autobiographical. It starts at the beginning and works its way all the way through to where we are now, highlighting my early success, my life with Cherise, and my substance abuse issues among other things."

UserPostedImage

Jamal can be heard shuffling on his chair slightly, "Great, so it sounds pretty in depth and very different to how the previous albums turned out. Can we expect a selection of features like the previous records?"

Matt shakes his head, "I'm working with a few people on their own songs, but for this album I wanted it just me. I've written it all myself, produced it all myself and have played every instrument on it myself. Recorded all in my own studios too. So no outsider influence at all. So hopefully it doesn't sound too horrendous!" The two of them laugh and Matt relaxes a little more again, sinking back into the comfortable looking red sofa.

"Brilliant, so an entirely personal experience this time then! Should be an interesting listen." Matt nods in agreement. "Now Matt, since announcing your return, you seem to have been all over the place! On front of newspapers, trending on twitter, even got a mention the other day on Pop Culture! So firstly I wanted to ask you about your relationship with fellow London MC, Deneil Khan - brother of Weekend singer Billy Khan. What the hell is going on between you two?"

Matt pauses, thinking before he answer, "Well there's no point trying to deny it, we've had our disagreements." Jamal is heard laughing in the background, Matt does a half smile, "We just didn't really get on... We're trying to move on from all of that, neither of us can be bothered with it, so it's probably better that we just stay away from each other - that way nobody ends up hurt!"

"Yes well we all saw that black eye on Twitter and Instagram! Certainly looked like he took a big old blow to the face!" Matt's expression doesn't really alter at all, he sits there fairly blankly as Jamal continues. "And the other issue people seem to be talking about is what happened at Permanent Reminder-"

Matt cuts straight in there, "Permanent Reminder is my baby, and there are important conversations to be having on this one, but not here."

The two are silent for a minute as Matt looks at Jamal, "Well, I see... Moving on!" Matt smiles again, "So Matt, tell us about the song you are about to play for us!"

Matt leans forwards again, "Well this track is my first single from the new album," he looks into the camera and gives a cheeky grin, "this tune is called Who I Am. It's the first real insight into me on the album, really goes into the depths of my past and my troubles from day one. Quite an intricately produced song, took bloody ages to get finished!" Matt laughs again and smiles, lightening up again.

"Mr Matt Young, it has been a pleasure having you here tonight, and if you all stick around guys you'll be able to see the first performance of MattY's new single Who I Am which is out on 18th of December! Thanks Matt!"

Matt puts his hand up and waves to the camera again, "Cheers guys!"
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
thanks 11 users thanked Matticus for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 11/12/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 11/12/2015(UTC), DistortedAudio on 11/12/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 11/12/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 11/12/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 11/12/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 11/12/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 12/12/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 12/12/2015(UTC), erich hess on 14/12/2015(UTC), ang3licd3vil on 16/12/2015(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#2 Posted : 11 December 2015 08:41:54(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Matt Young, SBTV Performance 10th December 2015
UserPostedImage

Matt is pictured stood in a recording booth with his headphones on, he is slowly swaying left to right while he adjusts the headphones with his right arm, his tattoo clearly showing the date he lost his daughter. Matt looks up at the camera and grins, before moving closer to the microphone.

A sudden fast drum beat emerges immediately after two heavy beats on a drum open the song. A fast bass line and a mixture over other instruments create a backing track before Matt gets up close to the microphone again. The song goes silent as he begins to rap the first line; after it finished and he moves into the second line of the track it all kicks back in.

"I guess that you could say that I'm a little psychotic;
Influenced by a culture filled with alcohol and narcotics;
Growing up out of place with a lack of parental guidance,
Got my Dad who couldn't hack it, jumped off the bridge and died,- and
A Mum who was no better; Alcoholic, and never dry,
Spent all her time at the bar, until she went inside,"

As the song reaches the chorus, Matt’s familiar rapping style is switched for a more unusual singing vocal style that fans of his previous works will be less accustomed to. He belts out the chorus with a strong yet slightly gruff vocal styling, slightly reminiscent of his time in Mudshovel. Beneath his vocals, the heavy bass line becomes louder with more of an electric guitar sound pushing through.

"I don't blame where I've come from,
For what I have become,
But once you know what I've been through,
Maybe you'll understand..."

Matt steps into the second verse, and puts his hands on each side of the headphones, closing his eyes and he spits his bars. His right hand falls away from the headphones and moves around in front of him, following the ups and downs of the beat, becoming a part of the music with him. Musically, the arrangement continues similarly to that of the first verse and again follows the same progressions into the second chorus, which is now slightly longer.

"Once the shit all hit the fan, I need to escape;
Ended up with Gramps and G, a very strange twist of fate;
Worked hard at becoming who I was, the support I had was great,
Was just before I turned 16 that my hard work started to translate.
Writing tracks and rapping raps, working fucking hard,
It all paid off when I hit the charts, shooting like a star!

I don't blame where I've come from,
For what I have become,
But once you know what I've been through,
Maybe you'll understand...
I've worked hard to achieve what I have,
But good things are never meant to last,
It's hard to really figure out,
Who I am."

Matt steps back from the microphone as he belts out the last few lines of the chorus, but he quickly rushes forwards again in order to spit his third verse. Matt is at ease in the booth, it is like he never left it, his voice gliding through the lyrics, each syllable clear and audible.

"As soon as I hit the charts, I couldn't believe the fame I'd found,
And like I said with Brittany Knox, Stand Your fucking Ground!
The paps and the press were chasing me all over town,
Desperately waiting for me to fuck up, and let myself down,
I didn't crack straight away, but I wanted to Shoot to Kill,
It wasn't long before the pressure and stress started to make me ill.
I needed to find a way out, I needed to find a release,
I didn't know who the fuck I was, but I knew I wasn't at ease,
Then one day at 16 years old, I started to smoke the weed,
From there on down was a chain of events, that brought me to my knees,
The weed led on to harder shit, the shit that keeps you hooked,
Makes you feel like a god when you're on it, but when you're not you feel fucked,
"

As the third verse comes to a close, the drum beat disappears and the song hits a typical dubstep-style drop; this being a less traditional Matt Young style progression. After the drop, the drum beat waits until after Matt has spoken the lyrics to the bridge, and then the chorus music kicks in again as Matt’s final chorus is belted out.

"It took me a while to realise, I didn't know who the fuck I was,
Young and Fresh Faced, and so out of place, this was the first challenge for my ones.

I've worked hard to achieve what I have,
But good things are never meant to last,
It's hard to really figure out,
Who the fuck I am."

Matt steps back from the microphone and slides the headphones down onto his neck, he looks up at the camera, winks and grins putting two fingers up before the screen goes blank.
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
thanks 8 users thanked Matticus for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 11/12/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 11/12/2015(UTC), erich hess on 11/12/2015(UTC), DistortedAudio on 11/12/2015(UTC), mebeme101 on 11/12/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 12/12/2015(UTC), GirlSpice on 12/12/2015(UTC), ang3licd3vil on 16/12/2015(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#3 Posted : 11 December 2015 08:43:52(UTC)
Matticus

Man

OOC: Any feedback/improvement areas are much appreciated :)
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Offline erich hess  
#4 Posted : 11 December 2015 10:16:50(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17919 time(s) in 10412 post(s)
Erica: is crotch grabbing while rapping still a thing? Why isn't Matt doing it?

Nina: you can't very well go round grabbing people's crotches,love. They have laws against that.

Erica: no. You're supposed to grab your own crotch.

Nina: why would I fucking do that?!

Erica: beats me.it's one of those things. You know,Like Why can't dogs look up . the world Will never know.

Nina: dogs can look up!

Erica: bullshit.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
Matticus on 11/12/2015(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#5 Posted : 11 December 2015 18:55:26(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Jamie: So let me just say really quick I've been a fan for awhile now and I'm so glad you're back at it doing you with new music and this different sound is definitely great but I'm not going to focus on that right now I want to just focus on the lyrics which are incredible rather than talking about what most mainstream rappers would talk about you went in and really gave your life story in like 3 or 4 minutes which I respect because I know it's been a wild ride for you for awhile and that's coming from an outside looking in point of view going off of what I've heard I can't imagine what it felt like and to channel all of that and put it on this record I respect that so much I just love how personal the lyrics are and how real they are great job on the new track Matt also loved the interview as well can't wait for the new album!
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
Matticus on 11/12/2015(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#6 Posted : 11 December 2015 19:15:55(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Matt: Thanks Jamie, I really appreciate that. It's been a roller coaster! But yeah, thank you!
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Offline GirlSpice  
#7 Posted : 12 December 2015 03:00:33(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Nadia: It's great to see an old face back, doing what you do best... and perhaps even better than last time. Your lyrics have such meaning to them and it's really refreshing to hear such raw honesty and emotion within a song these days. Welcome back, mister! The music is sounding great. :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
Matticus on 14/12/2015(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#8 Posted : 14 December 2015 05:30:08(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Queen Alexis: Always been team Matty so you know I'm hype!! This fucking comeback of yours has been epic, you are serving right now and all these rap mofos better watch they're backs because your back in tip top shape. That freestyle was hot af and now we're ready for that album. Don't disappoint or the Queen will slay you.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Offline genocidal king  
#9 Posted : 14 December 2015 05:48:20(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Scratch: It's good to see a name back in the rap scent that means something innit? Too many fame hungry rappers about these days who ain't got a clue what the real game was. It's good to see you back, bruv. Your lyrics always show other people up and your skills is something else. Top lad.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Offline Matticus  
#10 Posted : 14 December 2015 06:02:50(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Nadia: It's great to see an old face back, doing what you do best... and perhaps even better than last time. Your lyrics have such meaning to them and it's really refreshing to hear such raw honesty and emotion within a song these days. Welcome back, mister! The music is sounding great. :)

Matt: Nadia thank you, I've really tried to capture something a bit more tangible this time around, something a bit more real. Thank you, and good luck with your Vegas shows! I think i will be heading over that way soon to see you!

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
Queen Alexis: Always been team Matty so you know I'm hype!! This fucking comeback of yours has been epic, you are serving right now and all these rap mofos better watch they're backs because your back in tip top shape. That freestyle was hot af and now we're ready for that album. Don't disappoint or the Queen will slay you.

Matt: Q-A I love you! I would never want to disappoint you!

Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
Scratch: It's good to see a name back in the rap scent that means something innit? Too many fame hungry rappers about these days who ain't got a clue what the real game was. It's good to see you back, bruv. Your lyrics always show other people up and your skills is something else. Top lad.

Matt: Dope, i'm loving being back, it's only getting bigger and better from here!
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Offline Matticus  
#11 Posted : 19 December 2015 12:14:15(UTC)
Matticus

Man

WHO I AM, OUT NOW!
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype