logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline forkboy  
#21 Posted : 25 August 2009 22:31:37(UTC)
forkboy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
RoseJapanFan wrote:
I think abortion should be illegal. It's like killing someone who didn't even have a chance at life. Most girls are reckless and get pregnant then think that's the only way out but some girls get pregnant without their consent (rape) and they also think abortion would be the way but i would rather them just put them up for adoption then killing them.

That's your choice. If you get raped, you can put your kid up for adoption. It's not your right to interfere in the personal choices of others.
Offline xNightsidex  
#22 Posted : 26 August 2009 00:53:14(UTC)
xNightsidex

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Aj wrote:
RoseJapanFan wrote:
I think abortion should be illegal. It's like killing someone who didn't even have a chance at life. Most girls are reckless and get pregnant then think that's the only way out but some girls get pregnant without their consent (rape) and they also think abortion would be the way but i would rather them just put them up for adoption then killing them.

But it's not really, is it. Like Forkboy said, a larvae will become a butterfly, but a larvae is not a butterfly. Also if you leave it and put it up for adoption, what if the mother feels a strong attachment to the baby and can't go through with putting them up for adoption? In which case the baby will be in a home where they have to strain to keep it alive thus not making a very good family atmosphere at all.

Plus the case of raising a child in a home environment which likely one day, he'll find out to be not his/her true one.
Offline sharinganerror  
#23 Posted : 26 August 2009 01:12:42(UTC)
sharinganerror

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
troymazing wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:
forkboy wrote:
Fetuses are not babies. A ball of cells is not a baby. It is a ball of cells, utterly incapable of surviving on its own.

Don't deny the fact that they will inevitably become infants, unless you do kill them.... You were once a ball of cells incapable of surviving on your own, I wonder if the latter is still true?...

Foetuses is how it's spelt in the UK, idiot...

spellcheck. douchebag..
Offline forkboy  
#24 Posted : 26 August 2009 01:46:50(UTC)
forkboy

What the fuck? It's foetus. Foetus. Foetus.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/foetus

It is not wrong to spell it foetus.
Offline Gildermershina  
#25 Posted : 26 August 2009 02:44:33(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
forkboy wrote:

Apparently fetus is accepted as correct in the scientific community, foetus is a throwback.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline sharinganerror  
#26 Posted : 27 August 2009 00:54:52(UTC)
sharinganerror

forkboy wrote:

THEN FUCK FIREFOX.
Offline forkboy  
#27 Posted : 27 August 2009 02:12:17(UTC)
forkboy

Gildermershina wrote:
forkboy wrote:

Apparently fetus is accepted as correct in the scientific community, foetus is a throwback.

Well I was taught foetus in Higher Biology.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#28 Posted : 27 August 2009 10:48:35(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
They could just put the baby up for adoption and if the mother has a strong attachment to it she has to think of the baby and not herself. It would be best for the baby to be in a stable environment. It'll be hard probably but she can't be selfish when it comes to that choice. I'd rather be put up for adoption than have to be in a bad environment where they can barely feed and take care of me. She can choose to be a part of it's life when they get older and tell them why they put it up for adoption and whether they want to forgive is their choice. That's my opinion.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline Raphaela  
#29 Posted : 27 August 2009 11:17:13(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
RoseJapanFan wrote:
They could just put the baby up for adoption and if the mother has a strong attachment to it she has to think of the baby and not herself. It would be best for the baby to be in a stable environment. It'll be hard probably but she can't be selfish when it comes to that choice. I'd rather be put up for adoption than have to be in a bad environment where they can barely feed and take care of me. She can choose to be a part of it's life when they get older and tell them why they put it up for adoption and whether they want to forgive is their choice. That's my opinion.

So, you're saying that a woman has to bear a child nine months for something she didn't even want in first place?

Abortion is about choice, if you're raped and get pregnant and think you can emotionally and phisically bear all that, go for it, but many women can't and they deserve to have a choice to end the suffering.

Edited by user 27 August 2009 11:18:17(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#30 Posted : 27 August 2009 11:50:23(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
But ending their suffering is ending someones life. =/ I cant speak for every person in the world but if i ever got pregnant when i wasnt ready i would just keep the baby instead of abortion.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline Raphaela  
#31 Posted : 27 August 2009 12:25:30(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
RoseJapanFan wrote:
But ending their suffering is ending someones life. =/ I cant speak for every person in the world but if i ever got pregnant when i wasnt ready i would just keep the baby instead of abortion.

And that comes to the point that it's not a life yet.
It doesn't even have a nervous system until the third month, it's just a "possible" life like eggs and sperm.
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline Aj  
#32 Posted : 27 August 2009 22:26:43(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Raphaela wrote:
RoseJapanFan wrote:

It doesn't even have a nervous system until the third month, it's just a "possible" life like eggs and sperm.

Maybe it is maybe it isnt but it's not up to you to choose what someone does with something that is growing inside of them. Because that's all it is, it's a THING until it pops out ya fanny. Then you can say its a person.
Offline Gildermershina  
#33 Posted : 27 August 2009 22:54:23(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Aj wrote:
Raphaela wrote:
RoseJapanFan wrote:

Maybe it is maybe it isnt but it's not up to you to choose what someone does with something that is growing inside of them. Because that's all it is, it's a THING until it pops out ya fanny. Then you can say its a person.

And even then it's not quite a person yet, because it hasn't even learned how to interpret and understand its own senses, let alone interact in the world. They don't even have long term memories for quite some time.

Not devaluing a baby's life, just saying, when people talk about the rights of the unborn, it strikes me as a startling misunderstanding of basic biology. What about miscarriages? Is that God aborting your baby for you?
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline sharinganerror  
#34 Posted : 28 August 2009 01:36:04(UTC)
sharinganerror

Gildermershina wrote:
Aj wrote:
Raphaela wrote:
RoseJapanFan wrote:

And even then it's not quite a person yet, because it hasn't even learned how to interpret and understand its own senses, let alone interact in the world. They don't even have long term memories for quite some time.

Not devaluing a baby's life, just saying, when people talk about the rights of the unborn, it strikes me as a startling misunderstanding of basic biology. What about miscarriages? Is that God aborting your baby for you?

Not that I disagree with you, but to me it just seems wrong.... nothing really behind my belief, just that I don't feel right when talking about it. I get this image in head of the fetus, then I get disgusted.
Offline TheCDs  
#35 Posted : 02 November 2009 16:30:55(UTC)
TheCDs

xNightsidex wrote:
Plus the case of raising a child in a home environment which likely one day, he'll find out to be not his/her true one.

If this is in reference to adoption, I would disagree that this is a real problem. I mean I would imagine that yes it is not easy to learn that your "parents" aren't your biological parents but at the same time if they treated you as their own child then that would be your "true" home.

If that was not what you were referring to then ignore this comment.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
Offline leiviken  
#36 Posted : 04 November 2009 05:44:33(UTC)
leiviken

There is a reason for they be called unborn. they are not human yet, they only have this potential. The potential to be a human can not justify the prohibition of the abortion. If you think, the chaste behavior of religious people would prevente more people
from born than the abortion if it was legal in the whole world.

Some people say that you can not kill someone to leave another happy but this ''things'' that people would like to rid are not babies, they are embryos. Like Raphaela said they can not suffer because they have not a nervous system.