logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

141 Pages«<134135136137138>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PANIC!  
#2701 Posted : 25 March 2023 17:35:44(UTC)
PANIC!

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Ryan entered periods of self-isolation ever so often where he stayed home as much as he could and kept his socializing to a select few. It's what worked best for him after so many years of being put through the wringer whenever he was in the public eye. It's a big reason as to why no stories or pictures have leaked about his romantic relationship in the last handful of years because of this protective bubble he kept around him - even if at times it felt a bit extreme with NDAs and booking out entire venues to keep its secrecy.

At the insistence of his friend Oscar, he made the trek over to visit him - a recording studio was always an environment he felt comfortable in - even if it was only as a visitor. "Great to see you, man. Thank you for the invite," he tells Oscar sincerely with their quick hello. "It wasn't too bad to get here. Granted, I will be the first to admit that I did not drive myself here." He chuckled softly while running a hand through his hair, which he had recently trimmed down some after growing it out through most of the pandemic. He matched Riley's firmness in their handshake and gave him a smirk. "Riley, how have you been? It's been a minute since I've seen you."

Ryan was dressed in brown boots, some denim jeans, and a black long-sleeve button-up shirt with a jacket over it. The look wasn't dissimilar to what he typically wear in Montana, which is where he and Ellie-Grace had spent the last few weeks. "I'll take a sparkling water, if you have any around." He responded, laughing a little at the interaction between Oscar and Riley.

"You guys have a pretty good setup here," he mused while roaming the studio a bit. Having his own recording lot in LA and a home studio in Montana meant he was knowledgeable about the inner-workings rather than being an artist who simply rented a studio to work in when he needed it then left. He spent a lot of his free time in a recording studio lately. "Has anything clicked so far today?"
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#2702 Posted : 26 March 2023 01:38:29(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19124 time(s) in 7592 post(s)
"Oh, it's my pleasure. I know we said that we'd arrange something months ago. Sorry that it has taken so long!" Oscar had previously invited Ryan over to England when the pair last met back in November at Oscar's 29th birthday party. That was the last time Ryan had been in the presence of the Weekend boys besides Billy who thankfully wasn't in attendance. Nights are typically far more enjoyable when he's not around. "Hope it wasn't too jarring being on the opposite side of the road." Oscar jokes with a smirk as he twists off the cap of his half empty bottle of water.

"Doing well, mate. Much better than the last time you saw me!" Riley laughs heartily and starts to make a beeline for the door after Ryan requests some water. The last time they had crossed paths, Riley had overdone the shots and was pretty much the life and soul of the birthday party. He kept coming over and supplying Ryan, Ellie and Layla with shots of Fireball. He also lost his shirt at one point at the command of Layla. He swears down her latest single isn't about him though. "Oz, are you actually wanting a tea? I'm heading over to the kitchen."

Oscar furrows his brows and shakes his head, holding up his bottle of water and dismissing his earlier teases. "No, you're all good, Ri. I've got this."

"No worries. Be back in a couple minutes. Also gonna check where he's got off to." Riley says with a pursing of his lips before bumping the door open with his hip and exiting the room. The aforementioned "he" isn't revealed by name but it's rather obvious as to who is being nodded at.

Oscar sits back down in his swivel chair and pulls another one out for Ryan. "You're too kind, Mr. Hernandez. This place is long overdue a refurb. Barely been touched since we took over the place like...10 years ago. Been meaning to get around to it." The studios used to be owned by the Chaos group, the former parent company of Pesky. When Chaos dissolved, the boys pulled their resources together and took over. It's another middle finger to those who doubted them in the beginning.

"We've just been tweaking some things, basically. Wouldn't believe it to hear him speak but Riley's got the highest singing voice so he's been in the booth doing some ad-libs and high harmonies. I've been doing the lower ones. Pretty much just bulking up the choruses of a couple tracks." Oscar jolts a little in his seat as a thought suddenly springs to mind. "Actually..." he begins, pulling up a tab on the laptop which shows off a dissected track. "Wouldn't mind your opinion on something, if that's alright?"
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

Offline PANIC!  
#2703 Posted : 27 March 2023 14:35:06(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
"Ah, it's honestly no worries. I've kept quite busy since then, so this is a welcomed excuse for a break now." He wasn't kidding as he seemed to be doing one thing or another to occupy himself over the last few months, plus the time him and Ellie have spent going back to Nashville be it over the holidays or some other Summers family gathering in the time span. "Being over here still amazes me from time to time." He shares with a laugh as he hasn't spent a ton of time in this region unless he was touring or due to some other professional engagement, never for a casual trip.

"Oh man... your birthday, Ward. That was brutal. Both my liver and my lungs were feeling it for days after." He recalls the many drinks that were offered to him and he accepted each of them, adding on top of that the case of cigars he brought over and were smoked among himself and the guests over the course of the evening. Ryan takes off his jacket and tosses it to the side before he takes a seat on the chair near Oscar. While not referred to by name he assumed the other individual around the studio that they were talking about was Billy - who he had a rather cold relationship with at this point.

Being an elder statesman in the industry meant Ryan didn't mind when younger artists came to him for advice or notes on their music, he in fact enjoyed it. It was a role that he comfortably eased into, so at the mention of Oscar asking for his opinion on a piece they were working on he didn't hesitate. "Of course. I would be slightly offended if I'd come by to the studio and I wouldn't be put to some decent use of my wisdom," he remarked in a clear teasing tone, turning his attention to the laptop as Oscar pulled it up.
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#2704 Posted : 28 March 2023 03:31:32(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"So what we tend to do if it's more of a produced pop track rather than anything with a live instrumentation feel, we all record the song individually. Then it's a case of figuring out who sounds best where and then basically slicing and Frankenstein-ing all the pieces together." The project on the screen reads 'WKNDDEMOmix7' and is filled with multiple files of recorded lines listed as 'Oscar1', 'Oscar2', 'Dustyn1', 'Dustyn2', so on and so forth for each member. "Nothing is finalised until all 5 agree so I know we won't wrap this up today but we really are stumped." Oscar continues fiddling about with the open project, clicking and dragging files into position, stacking them up around three quarters of the way into the track. "In the bridge, the big pop production subsides and it becomes very intimate. Just the vocal and a slight electro rumbling underlaying it. Trouble is, we're all divided on whether a deeper or softer voice fits best. I think a lower tone sounds more direct and attention grabbing in this part...but a lighter, softer one does sound more emotive." Oscar sucks air in through his teeth as he debates with himself in his head all over again.

The aforementioned section begins to play with Oscar's recording up first. "You keep turning and running me down / but like a fool, I wait / hanging on a thread for something profound / before the concrete hits my face / waiting for sense to return to me / like a long lost melody / holding out, mere inches from my wildest dream". The song definitely has that "sad banger" vibe, borrowing a lot from modern dance and retro 80's pop synth production. Definitely more pop oriented than anything on the previous couple Weekend albums. "Just click and listen to who you want to hear next. Don't feel obligated to listen to only my dulcet tones!" Oscar and Dustyn have deeper, lower, more gravelly voices. Billy has a silky typical R&B tone, while Riley and Scott have lighter, softer, lilted voices.

Riley returns with Ryan's bottle of water, handing it over to him. "One sparkling water for sir!". Riley smiles and remains stood behind the pair, positioning himself in the middle of the chairs and resting a hand on either headrest. "Christ, you brought Ryan into the debate now?" Riley chuckles and leans forward a little to look at the screen. "See, I think Dusty's the best on it. It's just that he dominates the chorus and already has a separate verse."

Oscar lets out a little mumble in agreement before turning his head to face Riley. "You find out where he is?"

"On the phone giving it to someone with both barrels." Riley rolls his eyes and exhales in an exasperated manner. When Billy's on a ten, it really drains everyone's mood.

"Well looks like it'll be an early finish then." Oscar sighs and turns his attention back to the screen, propping an elbow on the armrest and resting his chin within the palm of his hand.
UserPostedImage

Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#2705 Posted : 25 August 2023 13:05:58(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3949 time(s) in 1347 post(s)
Amy and Sayyid Khan had been casually dating each other for a little while now. They had mostly just been meeting up at bars and restaurants but Amy had decided to mix it up and invite Sayyid to her house in Houston, Texas. She fully understands that for him that is a long flight seeing as Sayyid is born and raised in the UK but she felt that he was worth it. She had plans to cook him something homemade and was in the process of making it when she decided to send him a text to make sure he had landed safely.

“Hey mister, just checking in making sure your flight was okay and you landed safely?”

And then waited for a response and the went making to cooking she wasn’t the greatest cook but she was sure Sayyid would like it.
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#2706 Posted : 25 August 2023 20:29:54(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"Yes, I have landed safely. Officially on Texan soil. I'm in a taxi on the way over x" Sayyid texts as he sits in the back of the cab. This is all very new territory for him. Sayyid has no problems getting the ladies but has always had major issues when it comes to keeping them around. He's in his mid-30s and has never been in a proper relationship. Sayyid has always preferred no strings attached fun before moving on to the next. His meet ups with Amy is the longest he's ever stuck with someone. Catching a long haul flight for a lady and having them cook for him is not something he would have ever agreed to in the past.

Sayyid passes the time in the taxi by looking out of the window, taking in the sights of a brand new city and continent. He is well travelled, having spent a lot of time across Europe and Asia, but this is his first time seeing America. "I think this is the right address lol" he texts, before paying the driver and stepping out of the vehicle with his black duffel bag in tow.
UserPostedImage

Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#2707 Posted : 26 August 2023 06:12:18(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

While waiting for Sayyid Amy continues to cook she wasn’t sure if Sayyid was just playing her but the fact he hadn’t just wanted fun and dipped was a good sign for her at least.

When she gets his texts about the right address she smiles and opens her door as she sees him stepping out of her taxi. “Why hello handsome, welcome to my abode” Amy says with a giggle realising how silly she sounds.
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#2708 Posted : 26 August 2023 06:31:00(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"Hello, gorgeous. Thanks for having me." Sayyid gives her a gentle peck on the cheek as he steps inside. He's wearing a smart pair of dark grey trousers, fancy dress shoes and a cheery yellow jumper complete with stylish rings and a watch. He posted his outfit earlier on Instagram. "Shall I take my shoes off?" he asks with a chuckle, knowing that he asks guests to do the exact same when visiting his home. "Something smells incredible. Hope you haven't gone to too much effort for little old me."
UserPostedImage

Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#2709 Posted : 26 August 2023 06:34:28(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

A smiles comes across Amy’s face when he kisses her cheek. She didn’t know why but she really liked Sayyid and hoped she could be the girl to tame his wild heart. “I don’t mind but if you feel more comfortable without your shoes on then be my guest”. She says as she points to the living room. “Hey less of the old mister, you’re not that old”. Amy then smiles. “It’s just a recipe that my gramps taught me years ago, hopefully it tastes as good as it smells”. She says giggling.
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#2710 Posted : 26 August 2023 06:50:05(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Sayyid takes off his coat and kicks off his shoes, standing more comfortably in his black and yellow striped socks. "I'm on the wrong side of 30, that's for sure." Sayyid laughs as he hangs up his coat. He's surprised to discover that Amy has cooked for him. Not that he underestimated her, more so the fact that no other person he's dated has ever made the effort to make a meal for him. "So what is it we're having?"
UserPostedImage

Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#2711 Posted : 26 August 2023 06:54:22(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Amy chuckles. “Hey I feel ya on that one, I am also on the wrong side of 30, I’ll be 33 in November”. She then smiles at him and when he asks what they are eating she has to think for a second about it. “It’s a Thai dish, it’s basically noodles with garlic, chill and duck. It’s got some weird name that I have never been able to pronounce”. Amy says with a smile. “But enough about my attempts at cooking, how are you doing mister”.
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#2712 Posted : 26 August 2023 07:12:30(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"35. Got you beat." Sayyid gives Amy a wink and chuckles softly. He nods with a degree of interest as he hears about the dish. It definitely sounds like something he'd enjoy. "Had no idea you were a whizz in the kitchen. You're full of surprises aren't you?" Sayyid smiles warmly and makes his way to the front room. "It's a lovely place you've got here. I see being a pop star pays well." He laughs and sits down on the couch. "I'm doing well, thanks. Expecting an angry call from my brother at some point but other than that? Just swell." Sayyid chuckles to himself. "And you?"
UserPostedImage

Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#2713 Posted : 26 August 2023 07:17:51(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Amy chuckles. “Believe me not a whiz in the kitchen, usually it’s just simple things like nuggets, fries that kinda thing that keeps my kids happy at least”. Amy then sighs. “Sorry didn’t wanna bring them up”. Amy then looks at Sayyid. “Why are you expecting a call from your brother, what have you done now mister”. Amy says with a mischievous grin.
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#2714 Posted : 26 August 2023 07:38:51(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"Well in my opinion nuggets and fries are perfectly fine too. As long as I don't eat pork, I'm a happy bunny." Sayyid smiles sweetly at Amy, wanting her to know that she doesn't need to go to too much effort when it comes to things like dinners. He picks up on her sighing and apologising. It's an uncomfortable topic but not one he can really avoid. "There's no need to be sorry." Sayyid doesn't elaborate much further. While he doesn't resend the fact that there are kids in the picture, fatherhood and all that responsibility is something he's not looking to face or get involved in yet.

"Billy's got a show in London tonight. His first solo gig. In fact, he's probably on stage right about now." Sayyid looks at his watch and does the mental calculation to think about UK time. "Wanted me there but I've got much better things to do today." Sayyid smirks and gives Amy a little wink.
UserPostedImage

Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#2715 Posted : 26 August 2023 07:44:04(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Amy smiles. “I know it’s a touchy subject for you that’s all, but I promise not to try and mention them until you are ready”. Amy then smiles at him. “Well at least you aren’t a fussy eater”. Amy then smiles at him.

Amy looks at him as he talks about Billy’s show. “So you’d rather spend time with me, than your brother should I be honoured or scared Billy’s gonna track me down and beat my ass”.
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#2716 Posted : 26 August 2023 07:51:03(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Sayyid nods in agreement with Amy. He doesn't wish to be disrespectful but he knows the topic of children is not one that will go down well at this moment in time. "I'll eat most things. Always ate all my veggies growing up. That's why I'm so big and strong." Sayyid chuckles and rests his elbow on the arm of the couch. "Nah, Billy's bark is worse than his bite. He'll rant to me about family values and blah, blah, blah. It's all just hot air. He loves a drama and the sound of his own voice. Nothing more." Sayyid snickers. The fame of his younger siblings really doesn't faze him at all. "Are you needing a hand in the kitchen? I don't mind helping out."
UserPostedImage

Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#2717 Posted : 26 August 2023 07:56:45(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Amy smiles. “Good boy, I mean I can’t stand fussy eaters so that’s a plus in my book”. Amy then chuckles at him. “Yeah I figured his all bark and no action, sorry that was rude of me to say why am I so nervous around you it’s silly”. She says blushing. When he mentioned helping her in the kitchen she looked at the time and then smiles. “No it’s okay it actually should be ready now, let me just go check”. She then gets up to go check.

A few minutes later Amy comes back with two plates full of food for them. “Bon apetite, handsome”.
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#2718 Posted : 26 August 2023 08:06:39(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"Don't know what it is. Us Khans just naturally seem to make people nervous. Must have a magical power. Don't worry, nothing to be afraid of. I don't bite." Sayyid winks before shuffling on the couch and sitting upright as the food is served. "I must say, this looks fantastic, Amy." He takes the plate from her and smirks. "Handsome, am I? That's good to know."
UserPostedImage

Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#2719 Posted : 26 August 2023 08:14:25(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Amy smirks. “Nah it’s just your magical power I wouldn’t get nervous around Billy or Deneil just you, there’s just something about you that makes me get all fuzzy”. She says blushing. “Let’s just hope it taste as good as it looks”. Amy then takes a bite from her food. “Okay not to blow my own trumpet but that’s good”.

“Oh course you’re handsome duh, have you seen yourself hello your drop dead gorgeous”. Amy says with a blushed smile
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#2720 Posted : 26 August 2023 08:20:18(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"Well as long as I make you feel fuzzy and not wanting to throw up your food then I'll take that." Sayyid grins from across the way and twirls his fork in the noodles to try the dish for the first time. "Blow away on your trumpet. This is wonderful. Nice level of chilli too. I like some spice." Sayyid smiles and continues to tuck into the homemade meal. He laughs softly when Amy calls him drop dead gorgeous. "I can't be that gorgeous. Nearly 40 and nobody will have me." Sayyid chuckles playfully.
UserPostedImage