logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

141 Pages«<132133134135136>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline BrownSugar  
#2661 Posted : 08 April 2022 03:05:30(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19114 time(s) in 7586 post(s)
Thankfully Ashford replies almost instantaneously, feeling the buzz of the phone in her hand before even leaving the parking lot. It's not long before he emerges out of the park and makes his way over. "Heyyyy! Thank God. I thought I was gonna end up on the news tonight." Layla raises a hand to shield her eyes from the sun as she focuses on Ashford's approaching figure. While a very bright, open and quaint place, it's still pretty isolated out this way. Great for when an artist needs some peace. Not so great if things go awry. She raises up on her tiptoes to give Ashford a small embrace. "I'm good, I'm good! How are you?".

Layla's attention and interest in Ashford's wellbeing as she quickly focuses on the young, bouncy puppy. "And how are you?! What a gorgeous...boy? Girl?". She giggles and crouches slightly to introduce herself to the four-legged friend. "I had no idea we'd have company. I would've brought some treats along!". Layla has multiple dogs herself and loves to spoil them. That extends to all other animals whether she owns them or not. "We can still have a stroll around if you want? I'm in no rush." Layla knows fine well just how much energy young puppies have to burn off. She swings her back up and over her shoulder, sliding her phone inside in the process.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

Offline C4AJoh  
#2662 Posted : 09 April 2022 05:25:28(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
Ashford laughs as Layla pokes fun at the secluded location and it’s vague similarities to locations most likely found in slasher movies, “We made it out alive but I think the guy got away.” He says playfully. He places an arm around her for a brief half-hug with the pup in his other arm, he smiles as she says she’s doing well, “Glad to hear it.” He says as he continues, “I’m good, keeping myself busy now that we’re all finally able to.” It had been a tough period for everybody having to learn to embrace having nothing but time on their hands or having to learn new ways of doing things but finally it was starting to feel like life was returning to some semblance of normality.

He smiles to himself and tries to contain a small chuckle as Layla immediately becomes distracted by the puppy, “This ones a girl, she’s called Scout.” He says as the pup finds a burst of energy and starts bouncing in Ashford’s arms as Layla shows her attention, “She’s brand new, has some detachment issues so it was very difficult to leave her with the sitter. I do apologize.” He explains, knowing that Layla clearly doesn’t mind the idea of the pup being around. He checks his watch as Layla states that she’s happy to take a walk, “Are you sure? In the medium that I work in, believe me I know how valuable your time is.” He says in reference to some of the various hoops that media companies have to jump through in order to get time with artists. Although this wasn’t a scheduled industry meeting with any agenda, he admired how laid back and accommodating Layla was being.
Offline BrownSugar  
#2663 Posted : 09 April 2022 05:53:55(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Layla finds herself nodding along as Ashford alludes to the downtime they and many other creatives have felt over the last two years. Everyone across the globe in all sorts of professions have been impacted but the entertainment industry was seriously turned upside down for a while. Many had to reset and rethink their approaches and execution when it came to creating and sharing their art. "Yeah, finally! Starting to feel like I can actually breathe these days!" Even prior to the worldwide pandemic, Layla spent a few years living a rather reclusive life due to personal circumstances. That rolling over into the world going into lockdown did no favours for her sanity.

"Oh, well Scout is absolutely gorgeous!" Layla dotes over the pup, giving her a friendly rub behind the head. "Reminds me so much of my friend's dog." It's a conscious decision not to bring up Joshua by name as people tend to think they're joined at the hip and their past brings up a lot of questions. She'd rather just keep it casual and enjoy this lovely sunny day. "No need to apologize! The more, the merrier, especially when animals are involved." Layla smiles and properly stands back upright after crouching down to give the puppy some affection. She nods to reaffirm her stance on taking a walk together. "Yeah, time is valuable but I'd much rather spend it enjoying the sun. Studio's not going anywhere." Layla laughs softly and begins to walk through the car park with Ashford and Scout. "So, you been kept busy lately?"
UserPostedImage

Offline C4AJoh  
#2664 Posted : 09 April 2022 06:32:38(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
Ashford nods as Layla alludes to her difficulties over the past couple of years, although unaware of all the challenges she’s faced he knew that almost everyone had struggled in some way to varying degrees. He didn’t want to pry, nor did he want he want to further a conversation naturally steeped in negativity but it felt like the natural go to topic these days.

As Layla shows affection to the pup, “Do you have pets, yourself?” he asks as they head out of the car park. They arrive across the road to the entrance of the park and Ashford places the now incredibly excited puppy on the ground and extends the lead to allow her the freedom to run free and explore as much as she can. She immediately bundles off ahead of Ashford and Layla, “Yeah, there’s been a few things going on but pretty slow paced at the moment. Calm before the storm I imagine.” He says with a smile, knowing how the industry works in weird patterns of activity and inactivity, “How about yourself?”
Offline BrownSugar  
#2665 Posted : 19 April 2022 02:44:46(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"Four dogs. Yeah..." Layla replies instantaneously with a knowing grin and nod, aware of how chaotic that sounds. It really is. "So I'm an expert on walking around parks by this point!" Layla giggles as they enter the lush green country park, watching the puppy happily rush in front. She has always been one for nature and animals so this is the perfect setting for her. Also helps that this is far from her home so it limits chances of any paps lurking. "We all love the storm in this industry." Layla smirks and sweeps some hair back behind her ears after being accosted by a swift breeze. When asked about herself, a natural smile and glow spreads across her face, enjoying the sensation of being genuinely happy after a lot of turmoil. "I'm good! Really good, actually. It's one of those cases where I'm working like crazy but it's so enjoyable and everything's falling into place that it doesn't feel like work, you know? Just knocking these records and projects out of the park." Layla had already reached out to Ashford about her new music prior to today's meeting as she values his musical mind and opinion.
UserPostedImage

Offline BrownSugar  
#2666 Posted : 13 November 2022 08:59:05(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Alfie and Ryan sit at a reserved booth in Bar Marmont having a catch up and a few social drinks. It's a rather crisp and relaxed November evening. Despite the venue being practically filled to the brim, all the patrons carry themselves with some sense of decorum and grace, with only the murmurs of pleasant chatter and the occasional clinking of wine glasses filling the air. Even Alfie is trying to reflect the classy ambience, wearing a perfectly fitted light grey suit, crisp white button up shirt and brown loafers. It's not of the same calibre of fibres that reside in Ryan's wardrobes but they're good enough dupes and he's looking very handsome and sharp. The usual smell of weed has also been replaced by a refreshing waft of cologne. The suited and booted look is all really in aid of his secret boyfriend Ethan who shall be making an appearance later. Of course, with Alfie, the refined aesthetic is just that. A look. He still has the same strong accent and mouth of a sailor. "Yoooo one wrong move and that lady's titties are gonna be on the bar!" Alfie sips on his Jack and Coke as he observes a woman in an extremely plunging dress approach the bar.

The guys have been physically apart for a little while as Alfie finally went back home to Nashville with his tail in between his legs. He knew that he couldn't avoid his father forever. Alfie also missed his mother greatly and was aware that Ellie and Ryan wanted to get multiple musical projects underway. He didn't want to get under any feet for much longer. Alfie's really only in the area again to spend a couple days with Ethan who's out here working. He couldn't stop in L.A. and NOT pester his buddy Ryan though. "Damn, I've missed this place." Alfie winks and continues to leer over towards the bar. "Remember, if you ever come across a place on the market here that's like...$25 a month, you give me a shout."
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#2667 Posted : 14 November 2022 11:21:19(UTC)
PANIC!

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
The Chateau Marmont was one of Ryan’s go-to spots for many years now. It was a staple in Los Angeles to get a glimpse of the city’s finest. A destination for both folks in the entertainment industry as well as those who wanted to feel as if they were a part of it. Gone, however, are the days of this famed bar playing host to a random array of first dates for the veteran musician. Now it became a place where he can catch up with friends over some drinks in a space where he’d be left alone, or coming to have an intimate time with Ellie, without the worries of candid photos being snapped. Despite that, much like his younger companion, Ryan did look ready to walk a red carpet. His long dark locks were slicked back in a very old Hollywood way, freshly clean shaved, with a pressed black suit on, plain white t-shirt underneath his jacket, and a pair of crisp white sneakers on. It was dapper while still having a casual air to his outfit.

"That’s Hollywood for you, baby." He remarks in response to Alfie’s comment about the woman walking towards the bar in a cleavage-forward. He sips on his Old Fashioned, which the bartenders always knew what top-shelf whiskey brand he wanted used in his cocktail. It was far too expensive for a single drink, however the luxury was something Ryan could easily afford without breaking a sweat. “I’ll keep an ear to the ground for you.” Chuckling, he sits his drink down and leans back in the booth, admiring the sights and sounds around them. This scene no longer got his heart racing as it did when he was younger and getting his first taste of fame and fortune, yet it would be rather fibbing to not admit that he still had some appreciation for the glamour that this space and city carried with it even if he wasn’t at the thick of it anymore.

"How’s Patti doing?" He asks about Mrs. Summers, knowing that Alfie’s contentious relationship with his father is best not brought up most of the time. "I know Ellie’s excited to see her for Thanksgiving, it has been awhile since she's been back home given all we've had going on. Well, you know your sister, she’s excited to see everyone." He laughs and adds an over-the-top eye roll. It was no secret that Ellie-Grace could apply for saintship given her genuine care for others, a quality that he loved about her, but made him that much more protective of her. It made her prone to possibly get taken advantage of.
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#2668 Posted : 14 November 2022 12:37:24(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"Well, I am very tempted by Hollywood right about now." Alfie lets out a dirty chuckle before finally dropping his gaze away from the scantily-clad woman and focusing on Ryan again. Even though he's now in a relationship, his first ever real one, Alfie still has his signature filthy mind. Some of the things he's said to Ryan in the past would probably even make Billy Khan blush a little. "I could totally see myself settling down here...if I didn't have to sell a kidney to make rent." Alfie joins Ryan in relaxing against the comfy seating. He's experiencing what Ryan used to in Los Angeles. To Alfie, this place is ever so enthralling and filled with possibilities. While Nashville itself has its own pockets of excitement, it pales in comparison to LA. The hustle and bustle of this place definitely fits Alfie's personality way better than the humble Nashville ever will. The fact that his favourite people also spend a lot of time out here now is also aiding Alfie's growing love for the city.

"Probably staying above the fray as usual and just letting my dad rant until he runs out of breath." Alfie rolls his eyes and goes in for another drink when his parents are brought up. "Nah, she's good. Getting back into her painting again which is nice to see. Though I think it's only because I kinda broke her pottery wheel." Alfie screws up his face and takes another sip of his Jack and Coke. Mrs. Summers has always been very artsy and into home crafts. Most mugs in the house have been made by her. She's also gifted Ellie a few handmade throw pillows over the years. "Ugh, Thanksgiving. I'm still hungover from last year." Alfie winces and jokingly rubs his temples. It was certainly a holiday to remember, for better or worse.

Alfie pauses for a moment and collects his thoughts, looking down at a random spot on the table as he tries to focus and become a little more serious. "You think...you think it'll be as bad as last year, bro? I don't wanna sit through another shit show. Kinda tempted to just go spend time with Ethan. I don't wanna upset mom but..." Alfie shrugs and has a facial expression that says it all. He REALLY doesn't want to sit and listen to Gregory's condescending shit while Jeanette scowls at everyone from behind the tray of yams yet again.

Edited by user 14 November 2022 12:38:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#2669 Posted : 14 November 2022 13:29:34(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

"You dirty dog, you." Ryan smirks and shakes his head, knowing Alfie all too well. With some of his traits, his young friend was still similar to that teenager he met some 12 years ago when Ellie first took Ryan home to meet her family. He didn’t mind the occasional crudeness or dirty joke, known to be one to indulge in such from time to time, even now that he is much more tamed they still spilled out around the right company. "Los Angeles is a cool spot, man. It can be a bit much at times but for someone your age, not many places better to be in." It was clear to see Alfie’s demeanor change greatly from Nashville to LA, which might have to do with the fact that he did not have his dad hanging over his shoulder. "I don’t know if this is where Ellie and I will ultimately want to raise a family though." He remarked offhandedly before taking another sip.

Things were still a bit cold in the Summers’ family reception to Ryan despite the various occasions that he has spent with all of them once more over the last year. Hell, even a decade ago, it was more of a lukewarm acceptance and less about a full on welcome to the family. He didn’t expect things to change much this coming holiday season either but Patti or Mrs. Summers as he still called her was the one that he was most likely to breakthrough with. She shared a lot of the same traits that Ellie possessed. "Goddamnit, Alf. That does give me a Christmas present idea for your mom." He says with a smile and wink, tapping his fingers against the rim of his glass.

Ryan recalls fully well how last Thanksgiving transpired in Nashville. He thought all the heat was going to be on him as Ellie brought him back home for the first time in eight some years, yet Alfie’s antics and short fuse with his father took much of the burden off of him. "Look, I know your dad is… difficult." He said carefully, fully aware that it was an understatement. Despite his own problems with Mr. Summers, his approach was a lot more tactful and respectful. As much as he didn’t agree with much of Gregory’s beliefs or actions, he was still Ellie-Grace’s father. "I have no idea how things might go this year but… you know Ellie and I have your back, regardless of what you decide to do." Ryan knew that they were the only two who knew about Alfie’s sexuality and his relationship, so they felt more of a responsibility to be a solid support system as he navigated himself through uncharted waters.

"How are things with Ethan? The real reason you are in town, which is not to hang out with your old pal over here." Ryan teases him.
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#2670 Posted : 14 November 2022 22:48:10(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Alfie gives the woman at the bar one final look before she almost literally bounces away to her party across the venue. Although Alfie's in a relationship with another man, it doesn't diminish the fact that he also loves the girls - something Ryan is all too familiar with. Even though things are never usually so black and white, Alfie feels like a true 50/50 bisexual. "You think hookers have such a thing as a discount?" Alfie giggles against the rim of his glass, jokingly nodding towards his sticky financial situation. Ellie was the one who flew him out here and staying with Ethan splits the cost of accommodation. He may have issues with holding done work but Alfie still has pride. Despite many previous offers from Ellie, this is the first opportunity he has accepted in many months. Alfie doesn't expect anything from anyone and will be seldom seen with his hand out unless it's dire circumstances.

At the mention of raising a family, Alfie scrunches his nose and looks a little concerned. "That's cute but are you up to the task, sailor? I know things can be difficult at your age. It ain't so much sperm you're firing out more like...dust." Alfie mischievously grins and pats Ryan on the shoulder, taking any opportunity to tease. Even from a very young age, Alfie treated Ryan like a brother, which comes with the luxury of taunting and teasing. He was never scared of superstar Ryan and the fame never once altered the way he perceived him.

"I think my dad's getting her one of those huge, big ass canvases to paint on. Don't upstage him." Alfie speaks in a tone that suggests the total opposite. He'd relish any opportunity to see Mr. High and Mighty's nose get knocked out of joint. As much as he dislikes his father, however, Alfie still listens carefully to what Ryan has to say about Thanksgiving. "Maybe it won't be so bad now that the awkward first Thanksgiving is out of the way? I really don't want to be away from my mom at the holidays. I guess if my dad starts asking why I don't have a career like my sisters then you're gonna have to interrupt by faking a heart attack or something. Take the attention off me." Alfie laughs softly and throws back the remainder of his drink. Although Alfie has quite a short fuse and was drinking way more than is considered appropriate or polite for an intimate setting last year, it was clear that Gregory made a point of publicly ridiculing and speaking down to Alfie in front of the whole family.

At the mention of Ethan, Alfie visibly perks up after talking about his horrid father, smiling and sitting a little more upright. "Yooooo things are great, bro! We're going slower than a lot of relationships for obvious reasons but we kinda like that. It's chill. We got a good thing and there's no pressure with it." Alfie clears his throat and shuffles around, fixing his shirt's collar and brushing himself down. "How do I look, by the way? I haven't seen him in person for a while. I wanna look irresistible." Alfie gives Ryan a knowing wink. The guy hasn't physically seen his partner in quite some time. He's hoping to get dicked down good tonight! Of course, Alfie looks very handsome and smart. He's always been a good looking guy but it's clear that he's really making an effort for Ethan, ditching his usual weed-scented hoodies and having no visible cuts or bruises due to clumsy accidents.

UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#2671 Posted : 15 November 2022 00:42:54(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Ryan simply laughs off Alfie's remark and takes a longer swig of his cocktail. Their dynamic hadn't changed much over the years. Alfie would say something outrageous and as the older and wiser adult Ryan would try to keep things at bay, even if at times he would join in on the crude jokes. One of his biggest worries as he entered his 40s was that he was going to lose some of himself and not be fun anymore. Now, even though his priorities have shifted, he still knows how to cut loose and have a good time without the added incentives to a night out. "Oh, fuck off. I have plenty of years left. Don't worry about me and my semen." He chuckled with an eye roll. The mocking was something that came about naturally, very much a brother-like relationship that they've grown into once more over the last year or so. For Ryan who had no siblings or much of a family to speak of, it was nice to have someone who he could give advice to and be teased endlessly.

"You did take the heat off me last year, so I guess it's only fair that I become the punching bag this Thanksgiving." Ryan frankly didn't care if Mr. Summers wanted to lash out and be rude with him. He had developed a much thicker skin over the years and he could take it. It wasn't going to sway him in any direction nor pull him away from Ellie because their relationship was firmly cemented at this stage. He felt more for Alfie having been the one to bare Gregory's onslaught. "Look, I'm sorry if last year I just kind of let it all happen with your dad. It was the first year back with Ellie and I didn't want to make things harder for her. I don't want to have her juggling between me and your dad." It was all balancing act of not being walked over but also knowing that nothing would good would come out of him jumping in. The arguments Ryan and Gregory got into back in the day were not pretty, be it if it was when he called him out on his harsh parenting towards Alfie, or the countless times things would spill over in regard to Mr. Summers' lack of support for his relationship with Ellie.

"That's good, dude. There's no need to rush things. You're both having fun and enjoying each other's company. That's all the shit you need at your age." Ryan remarks before finishing the remains in his glass. He remembers being young and just trying to have a good time. It was something that he tried to pass over to his friends who asked him for dating advice. "You look good, Alfie. You got nothing to worry about. Ethan is a lucky fella." He winks and gives him a reassuring pat on the shoulder, knowing that the young man was clearly putting an effort into trying to look his best for his partner. "Before you leave town, come over for dinner. Ellie and I can leave our recording cave for a bit. I'm sure she'd like to spend a little more time with you before you go."

Edited by user 15 November 2022 00:45:38(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#2672 Posted : 15 November 2022 01:52:47(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"Yo, you may think you got plenty of years left to make them but have you got plenty years left to raise them? You know Ellie wants the entire cast of Eight Is Enough running around the place." Alfie knows fine well that his sister wants a big family and that there's also slight pressure for grandchildren coming from Patti. There's no way in Hell that Jeanette's ever having a child as she hates living things and there's no real faith in Alfie ever settling down and becoming a father. While he may surprise people, he still doesn't have that spotlight on him. It's practically expected of Ellie to become a mother sometime soon. "It'd be like having me stay over times eight. Good luck with that!" Alfie laughs and gives Ryan a playful nudge, knowing that his pristine homes won't be that way for much longer once kids start to arrive.

Alfie shrugs when Ryan apologises for not stepping in during the arguments last year. "It's alright, bro. Wasn't expecting you to anyway. I understand and it's nothing new to me. He is how he is." Alfie lets out a defeated sigh as he talks about his father's harsh ways. He knows it's pointless dwelling on it or wishing for his dad to change. Gregory Summers will always suffer from short man syndrome. "I think he's slowly warming to the idea of you and Ellie. OK, he ain't singing your praises around your house but your name is followed with less swear words these days." Alfie lets out a small chuckle and gently rotates his empty glass with his fingertips.

"I'll be sure to come see you both and I'm real sorry about spilling that wine last time." Alfie grins and sheepishly looks over at Ryan as he recalls his last stay. He wasn't the tidiest houseguest to ever grace those hallways. In typical Alfie fashion, he goes from zero to one hundred and jumps to a totally new conversation with a very different tone. "Bro, when do you think it's ok to stop using condoms? Like, I've known Ethan for over a year now, we're boyfriends and stuff. This will be the first time we've had sex in ages. I was thinking that tonight I'd let him skip it and...you know." Alfie grins and gives Ryan a wink. Even though he thankfully didn't go into great detail for once, it's still clear that Alfie would be the one receiving Ethan bare. Despite a lot of his bravado, Alfie is still rather naïve and brand new to the world. He's never had unprotected sex before. Even sweet Ellie has that experience under her belt.
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#2673 Posted : 15 November 2022 04:26:31(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Ryan and Ellie had not spoken at length yet about children. It never came up when they first dated given that she was just 20 years old by the time they broke up. However, anyone who knew them now over the last 2 years of the pair reconnecting, it was probably clear that they were destined to one day be married and have kids together. The idea no longer terrified Ryan, if anything, he was looking forward to it. "Eight? Now, now... let's start with one. I'm fucking 45 years old! Ellie knows what she is signing up for here." He wiped the fake sweat off his forehead and took a deep breath, knowing that the idea of him every being a father was a laughable one to most.

He is surprised to learn that he may not be total public enemy number one in the Summers' household any longer. Granted, he never expects to be fully accepted by Gregory Summers despite what the future may hold, getting to a point where there's some passive common ground would be ideal for all. "It'll regardless be another memorable holiday season at the Summers' home."

"We don't talk about that wine incident, Alfie." He shakes his head thinking back to that, and all the money he spent to try and have it cleaned up. Just a small stain was going to annoy him endlessly. He knew Alfie's racing mind could jump from one thought to another like a firefly, however even his question about condom-less sex caught him off guard. "Ugh... hat's a big move." He starts saying unsure what would be the best advice to give his young friend right now. "Full discourse, despite my whole reputation, I've only had unprotected sex with one person in my entire life. It happened a lot more recent than you would think so as well." Ryan says with a light chuckle. It was no secret that he was very paranoid despite all the casual hook-ups and long dating history he had to not have any accidental pregnancies. Ellie has been the only one he has explored such with and they still used other forms of protection. Obviously, that was not a concern of Alfie and Ethan, but still did not mean that they shouldn't be careful.

"If you think that what you have with Ethan is special and you want to do that, have a conversation with him about it. There's no pressure to do it right now. If do so, just like, make sure that he's not sleeping around doing the same with others, you know. Don't make me pull out my STD graph."
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#2674 Posted : 15 November 2022 04:59:52(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Alfie pauses for a moment when Ryan tells him that he has to be sure Ethan isn't sleeping around with other people unprotected as well. It had never crossed his mind that his partner may not be entirely faithful let alone without protection. Alfie just assumes that once you're in a relationship, you're committed. His family may be a tad dysfunctional but he grew up with a strong set of morals and a sense of loyalty. "Huh. I hadn't thought of that. I guess...I guess we do spend a lot of time apart from each other. I don't always know what he's doing." Alfie shrugs and takes hold of his empty glass. "Maybe it's not as hot as I thought it was." He laughs and shuffles out of the booth, getting to his feet and picking up his glass before delivering a very classy parting shot. "Besides, don't know if I wanna be farting that out all night, bro. I'm gonna go get us another." Alfie chuckles and makes his way towards the busy bar, walking with his usual swag despite his more refined outfit.

As Alfie waits to be served, a text message comes through on Ryan's phone. In a surprise turn of events, it's not a well-wishing message from Ellie. It's from none other than Joshua and it appears to be a lengthy one. The first real communication in about 18 months.

Hello Ryan.

Sorry that this comes out of the blue. I've been debating with myself all week in regards to sending this. You've always been on my mind but I've been too anxious and afraid to reach out. Seeing you in the news lately as you gear up to release new music has only made me think about you even more. I seem to see your face every time I open my phone and I'm taking that as a sign to finally man up and do this. I hope a text message doesn't come across as too impersonal but I sort of sense that a phone call or face to face encounter may be a step too far. We're both intelligent men. We're both aware of the distance between us and that there's an elephant in the room. I want to close that gap and talk things out some day so here I am reaching out.

I know we can't solve this over a bunch of messages. I know there's a lot going on in your head and your heart that I don't understand and that I'm just simply not even aware of. I have my own story and scars too, all accumulated over the past year and a bit. I really don't wish for the divide to grow bigger or the lack of communication to mount even higher. We have a lot to discuss and a lot to salvage, my dear friend.

If you wish to meet up at some point then feel free to get back in touch and let me know. I understand if it's too much for you, however. This is a rather weighty subject after all.

Hope you're doing well and I'm wishing you the best of luck with your new project.

Love, Joshua
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#2675 Posted : 15 November 2022 05:48:34(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Ryan didn't want to outright discourage his young friend but it was important for him to be safe and know of all the possibilities out there. "I'm not saying that Ethan is messing around with others or anything like that but... probably worth talking about it, you know?" Although he was in a different position being in a position of being a famous man in his twenties, he knew access to sex was pretty easy to come about, and such rang true for Los Angeles as a whole whether you were known or not. Go to the right places, look the part, and you were bound to get some.

He chuckles at Alfie's parting remark as he goes to the bar, classic Alfie with his untactful candor. Ryan leaned his head back on the booth until his phone dinged to indicate a text message coming through. He figured it was Ellie or someone from his management as they tried to get everything in order for his upcoming release. However, the name that flashed on the screen was unexpected. A name that he hadn't seen or heard from since some 18 months ago. Joshua Grimmie or "Grimmie" as he had him saved on his phone. The man who had one point was probably his best friend all things considered.

Ryan read the lengthy message carefully. In classic self-destructive form, Ryan kept his feelings suppressed and close to chest. Although Joshua has come up here and there in conversation, it was all very surface level, in passing with Ellie and other mutual friends they share. Even in the times his therapist has brought him up and the entire incident in London that caused their friendship to suddenly dissolve, he would shut down. He's improved greatly with letting people in over recent years, however when he was hurt or upset, it was tough for him to open up about how he felt. It's often why he submerged himself into his work and used it as an outlet to be honest rather than stepping up and actually dealing with a problem head on.

"Fuck..." He whispers quietly under his breath, locking his phone and flipping it over to not see the screen. It was a text that likely was a long time coming but not one he expected to receive tonight. "That son of a bitch." He exhales out and lets his head hang over the table. Ideally, he would prefer to have had this text come in when he was home and with Ellie nearby. Not now when he was trying to have a good time and unwind.
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#2676 Posted : 15 November 2022 06:12:28(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Alfie makes his way back to the table, clutching a drink in each hand with his eyebrows furrowed, clearly bothered by something. "Yo, I'm gonna end up clocking that little fat dude at the bar." Alfie hands Ryan his fresh drink, accompanied by a waft of his lovely cologne as he leans across the table. As he sits down in the booth, he nods towards a very short, rounded, unattractive but sharply dressed middle-aged man who is surrounded by a small group of much younger, far prettier women. He's rather loud, overbearing and clearly only being tolerated because he has money. "Fucker tried to cut in front of me. Almost took me out at the ankles." Alfie laughs softly and takes a small sip from his new glass. As he swallows, he notices a slight change in Ryan's demeanour. "You OK, bro? You look like you've seen a ghost. Yooooo, you don't know that little dude, do you? Sorry if that's like a buddy or something." Alfie has a habit of putting his foot in his mouth so it'd be no surprise to find out that the plump little man is a pal of Ryan's.
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#2677 Posted : 15 November 2022 07:07:36(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Ryan was in his own headspace even within the bustle of the crowded space around him. It would have been easy for him to just shut down and shake it off breezing on to a new subject. Instead he chose to be honest about what happened in the few minutes from him walking away. "I just got a text from Grim... from Joshua." Despite not having reconnected with Alfie until after all the events that transpired 18 months ago in London, his friend knew the gist of what went down and the lack of communication between the two since then. "He wants to meet up and talk things out." He says looking out at the direction of the stubby middle-aged man Alfie was talking about, very atypical to the prototype of a man with a bit too much money and having younger women around him for the financial perks. "Ain't that some shit, huh?"

He takes a long swig from his stiff Old Fashioned, licking his lips after to get the trace of liquor off of them. "Thank God for your sister. If we hadn't gotten back together, if she wasn't a part of my life, I would have fallen to a very dark place, Alf. That shit with Grimmie fucked with me." He chuckles sarcastically whilst looking down at his glass. While he was speaking about Joshua and alluding to his drug overdose, he couldn't bring himself to get into the specifics of it. He couldn't talk about the nightmares he had after finding his best friend damn-near dead.

"I honestly think I hate him." He scoffs out in a rather spiteful tone. It wasn't often that Ryan became fazed about something. He always tends to keep his composure through the thick of things. It's why he was usually the voice of reason in a group. "Sorry... I know you have a fun night to look forward to with your boyfriend. Um, I'm gonna head out after this drink. I just need to be home... be with Ellie-Grace." Nodding his head, he rests his hand on Alfie's shoulder for a moment, tapping him and forcing a slight smirk. "Keep this between us. I'll tell her, don't worry. I just don't want this to become a whole thing."
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#2678 Posted : 15 November 2022 07:38:08(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Alfie knows a good chunk of the situation but having had only reconnected with Ryan after the incident, he can't fully grasp or understand the full extent of all the intense feelings involved. He's only ever hung around Joshua and Ryan separately. Alfie also has a very different relationship with Joshua as it's not a very close bond on account of the big crush he had on him. Interactions were always friendly but kept to a minimum for the sake of Alfie's pride. Not many people make him turn red in the face and have him scrambling for words. "Shit, bro. That's...that's heavy."

Taking a gulp of his Jack and Coke, Alfie sits quietly for a moment and listens to Ryan's words. He's known for being a joker but can be serious when it counts and this is evidently a weighty subject for Ryan. Despite being a rather honest songwriter, Ryan's not one for expressing deep feelings in his everyday life. Alfie's aware of this and just lets him speak, picking up on his choice of words such as "hate" and "dark place". He thinks it's best to just let Ryan say how he feels and not try to coax any further information out of him. "Don't apologise, bro. I know this is a big thing for you and it's come from way out the blue. Also, I don't even think the announcement of World War 3 would spoil my night. Not with what I've got planned." Alfie lets out a soft chuckle and gives Ryan a very gentle nudge with his shoulder.

"Oh, it stays between us, for sure." Alfie looks around to make sure that nobody else is in earshot or at least looks like they're coming over this way before leaning in and lowering his voice. "Bro, can I be real with you and get a little gloomy for just a minute?"
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#2679 Posted : 15 November 2022 08:08:22(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

It was much on the surface level, however talking to someone who was not directly involved or had a specific stake in things, made it easier for Ryan to not mince his words. "I get that it was going to happen at some point... why now? I have an album to rollout, the holidays are coming up, Ellie and I have multiple projects for early next year. Come the fuck on. I don't have time for this." A busy schedule meant that Ryan could himself occupied which he typically liked, even if these days it was in spurts of being very active and social, then slowing down to enjoy his quiet home life with Ellie. "Yeah, I know you're on cloud nine." He lightly chuckles, tipping his glass towards him and taking another large swig from it, to nearly finish it.

Alfie slowing down and getting serious was rare but a side that Ryan had seen pop up from time to time over the last 15 months or so of them having reconnected. "Yeah, of course... what's going on, Alf?" He asks him curiously while finally returning his gaze to him, unsure what his girlfriend's younger brother had to share that may be considered gloomy in nature.
UserPostedImage
Offline BrownSugar  
#2680 Posted : 15 November 2022 08:53:44(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"Sometimes I think God looks down on us and sees a twisted opportunity." Alfie quips with another gulp of his beverage. He knows all too well that things rarely go smoothly in life for the good people. Those who deserve bad things always seem to skate by while those undeserving of drama and upset receive it in truckloads. Alfie doesn't have much life experience but from what he's already witnessed and endured, he knows that you can't plan for anything. While he's aware that it's a complex and delicate issue for Ryan, Alfie's mentally boiling it down to its simplest form. There's a friendship there to be saved and he wants Ryan to take that opportunity.

"Look, now I ain't ever spoken about this. Even when all the shit went down, I cried myself to sleep for ages but still never said a word. Was too rough." Alfie takes a very pause and exhales through his nose, trying his best to centre himself before continuing. "You remember my best friend when I was growing up? Thomas? Sometimes he'd come over to game or we'd go out an skateboard. Well, about four years ago he...uh...he was killed. Was on his bike and some jacked up fucker in a Buick hit him. Died instantly." Alfie keeps his head and voice low, obviously still a very tender topic for him. Of course, it was something Ellie already had a quiet word with Ryan about but this is the first time Alfie's ever spoken about it of his own accord. "I know shit's different for you guys. Nobody died but someone could have. You have a chance to save a relationship and have your best friend again. I know it's not that simple and Joshua probably has to put a lot of work in to be that friend again but...I think you should at least allow him to try. Make an effort to talk. I can't even remember the last thing I said to Thomas. I wish I at least had the opportunity to squabble with him."

Alfie takes a large gulp of his Jack and Coke and looks off into the crowd as he speaks lowly once more. "Real friends are few and far between, bro. You want my advice? Try and save this."
UserPostedImage