logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

141 Pages«<131132133134135>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline erich hess  
#2641 Posted : 22 March 2021 04:59:05(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17917 time(s) in 10411 post(s)
"see,i dont think you could. there just isnt enough non microwave popcorn in a typical grocery store." lyida tells nina as the two turn towards serenity's house.

"well...maybe,but i think it's your best bet for an improvised explosive that wouldnt hurt anyone." nina says seriously as she parks her car outside serenity's home. the pair had gotten into a debate over living in a g rated fallout universe and naturally the conversation turned to blowing things up. vinegar and baking soda were not an option as that would be too simple.

nina and lydia hop out of the car,carrying armfuls of chips,dip,beef jerky,soda,and oodles of dog treats. the dog treats were lydia's doing. nina was ok with dogs,but didnt want to encourage the creatures more than they already were. nina doesnt bother locking the car. for one,it looks safe enough in serenity's area,and two..the car was an older jaguar xj, but not old enough to be classic or even desirable. so it just sorta blended in with the background.

" doorbell or knock? in any case,the dogs will probably go apeshit. " lydia asks nina.

nina shrugs and presses the doorbell. "texting "we're here" is tacky,love. we need to keep the doorbell makers in business."
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2642 Posted : 22 March 2021 05:30:01(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
As soon as Serenity hears the doorbell she claps her hands together, ignoring the sounds of her dogs barking and getting excited at the prospect of company. "Hey, behave please or no treats!" She says to the dogs sternly. Almost as if they were listening, they stopped running and settled into a nice dog jog to the door to sneak a peek. Serenity put a tray full of fruit and meat and cheeses on the living room table and then walked to the door. She opened the door wide and smiled just a widely at Nina and Lydia. "Hi! I'm so happy you're here, please come in. Oh, these are Fauna and Flora" She motions to the dogs standing on either side of her. "Ah, I see snacks were brought, yay." She moves slightly so they would have enough room to walk through.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline erich hess  
#2643 Posted : 22 March 2021 05:53:32(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

"serenity!" the pair say in unison, its a little know fact that being able to speak in unison is actually in the job description when joining the harlots. they were excited to see her since really hitting it off at the valentine's party. plus,it was a nice change from hanging out with the same people all the time.

"dogs!" lydia squeals,shoving what she was carrying into nina's arms and stoops down to pet the animals,throwing caution to the wind. it wouldnt be the first time she was bitten by dog. the woman seemed to have little regard for her own safety when living things were involved. "oh i just adore the names!" she says as much to the dogs as to serenity. "i brought treats for them. the meaty ones. " she pipes up.

"cute dogs,love." nina says while looking from serenity to lyida. " we brought stuff as we didnt want to arrive empty handed aside from doggie treats. also,nice to see we all dressed for this." nina grins. she had on pink pajama pants with rubber ducks on them and a white shirt. lydia had on nightmare on elm street pjs. the shirt was patterned after freddie's sweater. she had hot cash from all the hair dye she bought and dammit,she was going to use it.
the two enter serenity's home and look around,rather impressed.

"lovely." nina says with a nod. "where can i put this all down,love? i think i have been designated pack mule..."

"um...pups,nina. pups." lydia says with a gesture of her hand.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 22/03/2021(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2644 Posted : 22 March 2021 06:22:56(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

OOC: I do love me some hot cash. Always comes in handy.

"Ha, did you guys plan that? So cute." Serenity giggles at their unison. The dogs immediately take to Lydia, and not just because they could smell those treats but they were just genuinely happy dogs in the first place. They were rescue dogs so the journey had not been easy but Serenity managed to raise them well. The dogs sniffed and licked Lydia's hand and started to circle around her. "Oh they will love you then. You'll probably be their new favorite."

She managed to analyze their outfits, pleased that she wasn't the only one in her PJs. "You guys look like you're ready for some gossip and makeovers!" She closed the door after them and followed behind them. "You can just put everything on the table right here." She had brought out a small table that was big enough to have some items on it but reasonably sized enough to fit in her living room. "And there's drinks at the bar, I have a little of everything so I hope you can find something you like! Also, I was thinking we could over something in for dinner. I'm not sure what you're hungry for but I'm open for anything."
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
erich hess on 22/03/2021(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2645 Posted : 22 March 2021 06:56:33(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

ooc: we've let more expire than we've ever spent.

"it comes with being a harlot,love. join the band and suddenly you are mentally linked with the hive mind." nina says with a smirk to serenity's question. this wasnt exactly untrue. their communal living did have a purpose:it let the band improvise at shows with everyone always being on the same page. "i'll let lyds handle the dog greeting. she totally is a a dog person." nina says to serenity before scratching a passing dog behind the ear.

"they are so fucking cute!" lydia screeches while basking in the joy of the dogs taking to her. "my little goblin is a damned asshole. he doesnt like anyone but me. he wont bite,he'll just stay far away and stare...in the most judging way." lydia says with a giggle. she had no urge to ever have kids but her little dog was treated like one. she was definitely the sort to die and leave everything to her pet.

"gossip?" nina says with a scoff. "wouldnt know the first thing about that. but i did hear a certain someone went on a date with ryan ross hernandez. someone i'd NEVER expect." nina laughs while pointing a floppy slim jim at serenity. nina waddles under the heft of the snacks and treats they had brought and sits them on the table. "christ." she utters as box of hot chocolate mix falls to the floor,she bends over and snatches it up before placing it firmly on the table. " we'll let you serve the drinks,love. it'd look like we have problems if we just start drinking from the bottle."

"daiquiris!" lydia calls from under a pile of dog.

"you get on that,love. i dont know anything about fruity drinks."

"oh,they are just fantastic. you guys will love it." lydia replies while giving the dogs some last minute pets.

" i am in the mood for something cheesy,loves. some thick ass lasgana that weighs like a ton of bricks." nina suggests.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2646 Posted : 22 March 2021 07:29:54(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

"Ooh, maybe I should join then. Not saying you need any but I can bring some extra star power you know. I've got some connections." She winks then laughs. Serenity forgets that she's been in the industry for well over 10 years now and has been able to network her ass off so she had an unusual amount of contacts in her rolodex should she ever need anything. She wasn't a social butterfly for nothing after all. "Are you a cat person? Reptile? Fish?" She chuckles.

"Oh these two are pretty sweet but the other, Merryweather? S-P-O-I-L-E-D. It's my fault obviously but still she can be a jerk. We have a mutual understanding though so it's not that bad. She's napping now so I won't disturb the queen." She nods over in the dogs direction as if to point out where she was located just so they would know and wouldn't be caught off guard of the third dog.

"Hm, who could that be? I hear he's all the rage right now so I half expect it. Ahh, young love. It must be nice." Serenity scratches her chin, popping a grape in her mouth and shaking her head. "Oh hot chocolate! I haven't had hot chocolate in years, that's so weird. I can just buy it but I haven't." She waltzes over to the bar and grabs a few random bottles and glasses then places them on the center table in the living room. "I grabbed.....Vodka, Tequila, Moscato, and.....Sake! We are definitely not going to be able to stand in the morning I think." She turns to Lydia. "Help yourself to anything you need to make the drinks! I should have everything to make daiquiris. I'm not an alcoholic but I am an artist." She giggles, sitting down on the couch.

"Lasagna? Hmm, I suddenly want spaghetti too. Maybe we should go full Italian?"
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline erich hess  
#2647 Posted : 22 March 2021 08:03:16(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

"we probably could use your star power,love. " nina cackles. the harlots were one of the longest lived rock acts in the business,but also one of the least successful. being a rock act,their time in the sun had long passed. the band had their crowd and played to it. that being said,there was no way they would ever win a best band award. especially since their best years were behind them anyway.

"thats the truth. how could a band that has been around so long and with such prolific personalities still be only queens of the underground? ." lyda says as she grunts to stand. she gives the dogs one last and lingering pet before joining her friends in conversation. she had no delusions of fame when joining the band,so this was more observation than complaint.

"probably because we dont do shit. we'e more of a live band experience." nina laughs to lydia. "not like our friend here. congrats on the nomination for an award,love." nina tells serenity warmly. the woman was a veteran like themselves,so it was nice to see her up for recognition. nina bends over and pats a dog's side gently. " im more of a i'll let other people have the pets person. with as much as we used to be on the road,i just never had the interest. so maybe fish? they are the least likely to bite." she giggles as she pats the dog again. "even though these little babies are just dandy." she says more to the dogs in a baby talk voice.

lydia lights up at the idea of a third dog around. but doesnt want to wake it up. she is the sensible sort,the sort that does anything possible not to wake a sleeping animal. "i made the same mistake with goblin. turn them into a princess and they never forget." she says in a more quiet tone,so that she doesnt wake the dog. lydia takes a spot behind the table and makes herself to home. she loudly grinds ice in the blender and gets the fruit ready for the daquiris. " serenity, we better not have to be the ones to tuck you into bed! " she jokes at the prospect of them getting beyond drunk tonight. "i mean,we will,but its bad form." she teases.

nina takes her spot on a chair as lydia plays bartender. "oh and garlic bread...the italians know how to cook." she swoons in hunger.

"we're going to need heavy sustenance." lydia grins,bringing a small tray with the drinks and some of the snacks over. "i may have put far too much rum in these. " she shrugs with a smirk. " you may be an artist,serenity,but we....well,theres a reputation to upold."
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2648 Posted : 22 March 2021 22:44:54(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

"Wonderful, I will send my list of demands next week. Now the blue and red M&Ms can be negotiable but we'll talk more about that at another date." Serenity holds up a thumbs up gesture before letting out a loud laugh.

When Nina congratulates her she beams with pride. "Aw thank you! I definitely won't win but I appreciate the recognition. Maybe they needed some more diversity?" She chuckles. It was true, looking at her competition and all they had accomplished she felt like she definitely didn't belong there but she wasn't going to completely push the idea of her winning out the window. Stranger things have happened. "Ahh yes, understandable. It can be hard to take care of pets when you're on the road a lot. I feel like you have to be just downright evil to get bitten by a fish. That's a red flag if I've ever seen one."

Taking out her phone, Serenity looks up some Italian restaurants near her that she thinks would have the perfect quality of food for their evening. "Don't worry, I've been told my alcohol tolerance can be like a bottomless pit. As host I can't pass out before my guests, that's just bad hosting skills." She smirks.

"Garlic bread, got it. Oh silly, there's no such thing as too much rum!" Serenity takes one and takes a sip and then winces a little. "Still tasty!"
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline erich hess  
#2649 Posted : 23 March 2021 02:01:07(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

" well,the colours we can manage,love. But where do you stand on nuts vs no nuts M&M's?" Nina asks while pretending she's writing this all down. "And don't get fancy with the fudge or pretzel filled ones. We all like nice things,sure. But this is a punk rock band after all." She warns with a firm,yet imaginary click of a pen.

"Nina! That's a rather personal question so early in the evening." Lydia scolds nina while taking a test sip of a drink.

" Perhaps or maybe you're just that damned good. " Nina tells serenity. " We'll all have to wear our finest.i don't want to be caught looking like a street urchin when the camera cuts to you." She laughs warmly. She thought Serenity had a good chance. Even though there was lots of Joshua Grimmie, Ryan Ross hernandez,and radio vine to overcome.

"Can you imagine being the person who was bitten by a guppy? A really ill tempered guppy that draws blood?" Lydia shrieks with laughter at the idea and then makes what can best be described as what the jaws theme would sound like on a recorder. "That's totally someone who shouldn't be trusted."

"I'm a bit out of practice,love. So you may have to tuck me in. We all have been good eggs since being off the road. " Nina giggles while making a face after taking a sip. " Christ lyds,you like some strawberry with your rum? "

"Oh don't be a baby." Lydia teases nina while drinking. " Serenity here says she is going to drink us under the table. you're going to just take that?!" Lyida throws a packet of slim jims at nina.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2650 Posted : 23 March 2021 03:33:47(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

"I prefer them with nuts honestly. I'm not a fan of pretzels and I've never had the fudge ones. I'm a simple gal when it comes to sweets." She nods as if everything she was saying was matter of fact. "Now let's talk positions, would you be open to having someone strictly for image purposes?"

Serenity chuckles at Nina's optimism. "You're right, I'm going to start preparing my acceptance speech tomorrow! I will give you girls a shoutout for believing in me." She smiles brightly and then laughs at Lydia. "It's like people who don't like Disney movies, I can't trust them at all. There's at least one movie or character for everyone."

Serenity finishes ordering the food on her phone and sets it down on the table. "Alright, food should be here in 30 minutes or less! So now we have drinks and snacks...should we play some games orrrrr watch horrible movies?"
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline erich hess  
#2651 Posted : 23 March 2021 09:20:06(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

"serenity with the nuts." nina says with a dirty smirk. "i suspected,but didnt expect you just to come out and say it. there it is then. nuts for serenity." she says with a matter of fact tone and slight nod of her head. what was a sleepover without a little dirty chatting? a not very good sleepover,thats what. "i go british with my sweets,love. all about the jaffa cakes. chocolate and orange just go so well together. "

"i love the bastard cousins of M&M's,the reese's piece." lydia says seriously,as if this is a topic that needs the utmost pondering. "one of my first instagram posts as a harlot? with ET. only because he's a fellow reese's pieces enthusiast." she says while moving her glass to punctuate each word.

"serenity as band mascot would certainly help our image. we could probably switch you out for chloe and nobody could tell. not like anyone could see her short ass behind the drums anyway." nina suggests while mimicking someone reaching way above their head to swing a drum stick.

"she looks like even more of a small child than erica. i swear,nina and i look like we are a couple that adopted two strange kids." lydia says while shaking her head. she hadnt really given it much thought before joining the band,but erica and chloe were far shorter than she expected.

"you better shout us out,love. we are not above going on culture uncut and talking about how you're too big for us now.how were just members of the pile of little people you crawled on to get that award." nina warns before giggling. the idea of a non sweet serenity was just too funny. though nina had no doubts serenity could get the claws out if need be,but she hadnt seen anything but professionalism from her.

"oh! we could be interviewed and they'd just show our silhouettes and disguise our voices. " lydia says excitedly. her being a dog person was rather clear,she sort of behaved like a dog in that she wore her excitement on her sleeve. "i dont know what got into her,but serenity just forgot all about us after the fca's. in fact,she spat on my mom and gave my parakeet the finger." she says the in deep and slow voice.

"one can take their disney love too far. if a car has a walt life,or annual passholder sticker? theyre going to drive slow. i just cant accept that." nine explains as if this was scientific fact.

"ooh. my disney favorite is chesire cat from alice in wonderland." lydia pipes up brightly. serenity was correct. everyone should at least like one disney thing. even if they are a terrible evil corporation that one day will own all media. some of their stuff is good.

"doesnt surprise me,hot topic." nina says with exaggerated tiredness. she and erica never tired of calling lydia hot topic. it started the first time they saw her and just kinda stuck. lydia replies merely by sticking out her tongue. "the actor is a dick and the movie itself isnt very good,but i gotta go with hades from hercules. that's a sleazy bastard i can see ruling the underworld. even if he is fucking shit at it. how could he NOT KNOW that his minions failed to kill hercules? overseeing the dead is kinda what hades does." nina fumes. the plot hole always irritated her,how did no one at disney not see that?!

"hades seems pretty hot topic to me." lydia quips into her glass while stifling a laugh and winking at serenity. " ok. we're all too cool and punk rock for disney,but....whats yours?" she asks in her best talk show host voice.

"oh i am so hungry, i cant wait." nina says pulling her shirt up to expose her stomach. " you can see my ribs,i am just wasting away." she takes a few chips to hold her over so that she doesnt expire right then and there. "depends on how bad,love. we talking the room,or the incredibly strange creatures who stopped living and became mixed up zombies?" nina asks,loudly biting a single chip.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2652 Posted : 23 March 2021 23:49:41(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

"Serenity loves nuts, never forget it!" Serenity shoves her fist in the air as if she were having a protest to show her solidarity with nuts. " have never had British sweets before but I've heard the chocolate isn't as sweet as ours. Chocolate and Orange? Like...a chocolate bar and orange the fruit? Together? I've never had that either, teach me more sensei."

"Reese's pieces are cool but they don't have that extra oomph like M&M's do. I can casually eat them but would I think of a serious commitment? Probably not. Now reeses cups I can get in on that. I just- some foods don't need to be pieces! I feel strongly about this, but every. single. candy. does not need to have a 'pieces' adaptation. I like them normal size. Fun size is as low as I go but no more." She shakes her head as if she were presenting an argument in a courtroom. It was clear she would not be swayed into thinking different.

Serenity laughs at her depiction of Chloe. "Oh she sounds adorable. Maybe a tall mascot is all the push you needed. Granted, I'm short myself but I love my chances if I'm around Chloe and Erica."

"Don't you worry, I never forget the little people. I know what you could do to me, that's why I've chosen to have you on my side. Powerful friends make for a nice life and career." She says this jokingly, sticking her tongue out. "I prefer keeping my friends closer than my enemies. I don't know who the hell came up with the other saying." She wasn't a spiteful person and she also didn't care for revenge but even so she was always upfront about it and didn't think it was her style to be sneaky.

"You know I've never been to Disneyworld. I have been to Disneyland but that's like a few hours from here. I would say I am a fanatic but I don't think I've ever bought a season pass for anything. I do want to say I personally relate to Megara on an emotional level. We are both very dramatic and like to sing at random moments through life. Quite frankly I'm offended I wasnt a choice to play her in the upcoming live action version. I will say I am kind of over the whole 'dead parent' trope Disney loves using. I mean I suppose one wouldn't really want to be a hero if they had a loving family, gotta use the power of trauma somehow."

Serenity thins for a minute and takes another sip of her drink. "Little Mermaid is the bane of my existence except Ursula, love her. I mean how dumb can you be to give up your voice for a boy you JUST met? And WHY couldn't she just write him a note explaining why she couldn't talk to he could help her? And got Ariel's daughter was a bitch, I'm sorry. Like you ungrateful little monster, do you even know what your mother went through to give you this life?"

Clearly, this movie was a sore spot for Serenity. She did grow up on the actual story of the little mermaid and so the disney version to her just rubbed salt in her wounds. She didn't care for Ariel as a role model or never wanted to join the Ursula hate train when she was the most reasonable character of the whole movie. "Now what movie is the second description?" Serenity raise an eyebrow.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline erich hess  
#2653 Posted : 24 March 2021 09:05:04(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

"when i wear a t shirt that says that to your next show,dont be shocked. i will make it my business to ensure everyone clocks me and starts chanting it." nina warns. serenity had invited them into her life. these situations should be expected now. if nina wasnt so content to sit back and live off royalties,she would definitely make a song about the nut topic. at the mention of not being sure on the chocolate and orange front,nina looks apalled. she just assumed everyone had tasted the combination before. "oh,love. it is so divine. you have the sweetness of the chocolate and THEN you get the sweet and tart of the orange jelly-" she starts,clearly gearing up to breathing heavy like a fat cat before she is interrupted by lydia.

"jelly? ew. dont fall for this scam,serenity. this is probably some nasty stuff." lydia says looking disgustted.

"you love gummy stuff!" nina protests,shaking her drink for a refill. if lydia was playing bartender,she was going to take advantage of it.

"gummy is NOT jelly." lyida says firmly. she stands to get the refill for nina. reluctantly. "i'm only doing this because i dont want serenity feeling like she has to keep you topped off as hostess. and get bent with your orange jelly." lydia says,giving the finger to nina and heading back to the kitchen. in a few moments of grinding and pouring sounds,she returns with fresh drinks for all. "but you're forgetting the thin candy shell with the pieces. that little crunch lets you know whats coming up next...peanut butter and chocolate goodness. now i am not taking anything away from the cups. ESPECIALLY the big ones.they're wrong,but feel so right." lydia says with equal conviction that she is making great counter points to serenity's anti reeses pieces stance. then she lights up with the look of someone who thought up something that could easily bring peace to the middle east. "whoa...think about it. a reeses cup..BUT with the thin shell of the pieces." she lets her words hang in the air before clapping her hands once and leaning back in her chair with a smug look of self satisfaction.

"i would love to know if you had any enemies." nina says,giving a nod of thanks to lydia before continuing. "if you get any enemies,let us know. we will totally slag them off in all the cool clubs. granted,we dont play big venues,but the harlots have the ear of the cool people. serenity's enemies will never sit at the cool table." nina grins . she didnt have much pull,but the harlots still meant something in some circles. "i dont think i even have any enemies either. i dont have that exciting a life,i guess." she sighs dramatically but is happy to not have such worries. she and erica are extremely close,but she has no urge to be in the middle of everything like her friend.

lydia takes a sip and smirks. " i think i am just going to pick a random person and be like..hey,we're feuding now. um...lincoln. man,fuck that guy." she says in a very animated way.

nina shrugs and shakes her head. "ive never been to any disney park. just never found myself around one.

"oh disney world is the better one for sure. i dont know why,but its just something the air,you know. you can feel it when you walk in." lydia had been a few times and always had a ball. "that being said,i dont know how many times i could go in a single year. maybe,if i could be the only person in the park. i dont want to wait hours multiple times to ride space mountain. though....i'd do it for the haunted mansion." she replies thoughtfully

"dead and BAD parents. what was up with those nutters in frozen? who the fuck locks one of their kids up? nutjobs,thats who. the ice woman should have just returned and killed everyone. bloody movie was ok. at best." nina says in confusion. at least in rapunzel,the child was locked in a tower away from the family. she never got why the parents kept the kid in the castle,but still locked her up and lived their lives normally.

"little mermaid was poo. so much so that never remember a daughter." lydia says with conviction. "though i totally agree with you on ursula. her song is great too." lydia lights up again and nina looks over and shakes her head no. "disney sing along? " she says slyly while raising her drink and winking.

nina scoots forward and leans towards serenity. "The incredibly strange creatures who stopped living and became mixed up zombies is...well,love..its basically some guy made a sorta zombie movie around a carnival. but lots of the film is singers in a club and a terrible stand up comedian." she explains. it really was something one had to see to really understand,but it was so weird nobody usually sat through it. " some parts are kinda arty though. i do kinda have to respect the vision of ray dennis steckler. love."

"my mother and father run an iron and steel buisiness. my mother irons and my father steals." lyida says flatly. "these jokes had to be dated even when the movie was made." she says sourly.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2654 Posted : 25 March 2021 03:30:33(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

"I will personally release them as merchandise, sweetie. Don't worry, you two get the friends five finger discount." Serenity chuckles. "OH, well next sleepover someone's bringing me orange and chocolate combos to eat."

Serenity listens intently to Lydia as she makes her case. "I hear what you're saying, you make a good point and write that down, that could be a million dollar- no BILLIONAR dollar idea, Lydia. Oh I shouldn't even be hearing this, it's too good." Serenity cover her ears and hums. "I didn't hear a word, I didn't hear a wooooord!"

She lowers her hands after she finishes speaking. "Oh, do I hear a future trip to Disneyworld being planned right now?" Serenity was honestly like a kid when it came to planning trips and taking vacations or excursions to different places. She loved traveling and if she didn't love her home so much, she'd try to be a nomad. "I've heard amazing things about the place. I've always wanted to go during Halloween though, I hear their Fright Nights or Horror Nights or whatever they are called are fun! I love being scared." She smiles widely. It was true, Serenity seemed like a wimp when it came to horror but she always had that adrenaline when she was in the process of being scared. It was thrilling.

"Honestly, I thought that's where they were going for. I mean Tarzan pretty much pushed that child friendly boat out the door. Tangled was the real winner during those days. It was sooo good. Even the series afterwards was decent. I could be Rapunzel. Though everyone and their cousin would not have their hands in my hair." She shakes her head, making a giant X sign with her arms. "Oh Disney sing along, yes!" Serenity jumps up, downing the rest of her drink, wiping her mouth and giggling. She was pretty sure she had a karaoke machine in her closet.

Listening to Nina, Serenity looked intrigued albeit a little confused. "I like a challenge, let's watch that!"
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline erich hess  
#2655 Posted : 25 March 2021 10:46:07(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

"i will mail you some as soon as i get back to ol' blighty. unless you want to hit up the brit shops,love." nina suggests. there is a strong chance serenity will not like the treats,but it never hurts to check. " there is a version you can get in most any grocery stores stateside,pims. they come in orange..the best. and also raspberry. which i've never had because i am not a damned weirdo." nina says with a shake of disapproval. she didnt care for actual raspberry flavor. she preferred the completely artificial blue raspberry. "nonsense." nina replies at the mention of being given merch. "if your friends dont buy your stuff,nobody will." while she always appreciated the gesture,she was a person who worked in the arts. so many people wanted free stuff because they were your friends. when real friends should be the first paying customers one has.

"oh my god,you are so right! if i didnt just adore you and the fact so many witnesses saw me come here....." lydia trails off. serenity was correct,it was a fantastic idea and it was a miracle resses never thought of it. people had probably been killed for less. free energy? that pales in comparison to the perfect chocolate and peanut butter treat. that rivaled the better mouse trap that the old saying mentioned

"i think we can trust her,love. she doesnt even like reese's pieces." nina says with dramatic seriousness. if anyone was going to run to the reeses corp,it probably wasnt going to be serenity.

"oh i think you do!" lydia says,grabbing nina's arm. "oh my god,we HAVE to go! we have tooooooo." lydia couldnt think of a better way to finish off the tour that the harlots were going to be on. there was so much to see,do,and eat at disney. lydia hadnt had the pleasure of really traveling yet. her stint with the harlots was just starting and being a tour guide in memphis,she was usually on the other side of the traveler experience. lydia really hits the peak of excitement at the mention of the halloween trip. " october. we have to go. though i think the good one is at universal studios. the disney one is mickeys not so scary halloween,but fuck if i dont love that one too." lyda loved halloween. in fact, her home looked a lot like a halloween store. those november 1'st sales pretty much birthed the decoration of her home.

"i did not know there was a tangled series. " nina says in quiet awe. "i'll totally look at when i get back home. i'll just say its for takara." nina giggles and smirks. that was the beauty of young children being around,one could always watch cartoons and have company while doing so. nina points to serenity's empty glass and lydia hops to action. drunk disney sing alongs were the best sing alongs. " right,i am going to say no singing let it go. i lived with small children during the height of that. i will either kill you guys or myself if i have to hear that song."

lydia returns with more drinks. she finally decided to just put the frozen,and already mixed daiquiris in the freezer. it was quicker and she didnt think anyone would mind non freshly made drinks now. "that movie has been known to kill people,nina." she warns.

"its a challenge,serenity. it's..." nina sighs and shakes her head.

this trailer makes it look so much better than it actually is.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
RoseJapanFan on 25/03/2021(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#2656 Posted : 27 March 2021 10:25:16(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

OOC: Sorry, it's been a hell of a 3 days d'oh! You certainly do not have to reply but I did have a response to your post lol.

"Um, I will never say no to shopping, it's a plan!" Serenity smiled, excited about a future trip to buy British goods. "Nah just enjoy the first freebies because after that I'm gonna have to start charging. This house wasn't built on unicorns and happiness, mama needs a paycheck." She smirks then giggles. She laughed but she wasn't kidding. All her friends got free things at first but now she definitely makes sure they send payment first. She wasn't born rich!

"Exactly, no need to get rid of my body quite yet. Besides I've got a few ideas for things on my own. The blueprints are in this house but I'd kill you before you saw them. Respectfully, of course. I thought it would only be right to give you this verbal warning first because then I'd just be a coward if I didn't even give you a heads up." Serenity laughed in a high pitched tone that seemed similar to a witch laughing or someone being posh, whichever works.

"That's wonderful, I've never been there either. What the hell have I been doing with my life? After tonight, I'm going to look at hotels and everything. I'm so excited now! We should plan a whole week of it, maybe 2 but I might get sick of being at a theme park that long, hopefully there's other hidden spots we can find. Now I have to may a road trip playlist too, oh the list of things I have to prepare." Serenity acts as if they were leaving tomorrow but deep down she loved planning things. It was very soothing to her. She could do spur of the moment but when she had control to get things where she wanted them to be, she was in heaven.

Serenity nodded. "You HAVE to watch. It's so cute and honestly there was a lot they could do after the movie. I also love how they didn't change Rapunzel. You know how they try to basically "domesticate" them after they get married but she was like 'Nope! Still causing trouble' it's wonderful." She takes the new drink from Lydia and happily drinks it. "Mmm, these are so good. I need to have you be the drink lady at any of my parties I ever decide to have."

Edited by moderator 27 March 2021 13:23:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
erich hess on 27/03/2021(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2657 Posted : 27 March 2021 13:22:03(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

ooc:wots three days to the eternity we've been here?

"first one's free,kid." lydia sneers in the tone of the anti drug progam's promised drug dealers that were supposed to lurk around ever corner,but never actually did. "i see your plan,but i am totally falling into it. "this is a great house and you are really sweet and all....even if you still have my shoes. but how much are we looking at here? i'm not like nina. i've only been in the harlots since the pandemic,i dont even have a tour under my belt." she exclaims while taking out her phone and bringing up the calculator.

"oh,lyds, we got you. you'll just have to work off the difference in the harlots' salt mines." nina grins at her bandmate. before turning to serenity. "i'll be your guide through all things jaffa and cadburys. they are so much more thant those godawful eggs you lot get here in the states. " nina wasnt sure,but the only cadbury;s product she had ever seen in the usa were the creme egges. which she absolutely loathed. not only was the creme vile looking,it tasted terrible too. "we'll also get you set up with tea and a kettle. microwaving the water for tea will get you killed in some circles,love. not about to let that happen to you.

"ooh,blueprints" lydia says while rubbing her hands together conspiratorially. if there was one thing that made some minor heist sound major,it was the mention of blue prints. " we'll need to keep you around. i totally failed drafting and have no idea how to read blueprints. " lydia thoroughly enjoyed the cackle of serenity. it was both witch like and warm. truly the most dangerous of all cackles.

"oh my god,dont book us in the viking hotel. " nina exclaims while biting some beef jerky. " place looks bloody cool,but can be....well,bloody. i read something about someone taking the sheet off the mattress and there was a fucking huge blood stain on it. like,serious crime level blood stain." nina warns very firmly. while she was born and raised in whitechapel,violence and bloodshed were not unknown to her,but she wasnt the same street urchin she once was.

"oh we have to stay inside disney. do this proper." lydia says with a bit of drunken swagger. "the Polynesian resort for sure. i think they have still have the tiki room."

"you are drunk!" nina giggles while pointing at lydia. lydia probably had the lowest tolerance of the harlots. for better or worse,she hadnt had a life time of almost deadly levels of intake under her belt. it probably was best that serenity liked planning. nina and lydia were both the sort to take off and worry about details later.

" that sounds amazing." lydia nods and sips her own drink. " i never been married,but i am not going to calm down once a ring is on this finger." lydia says while holding up her ring finger. it was proudly bare. while she did consider herself sort of involved with someone,she was never getting married. " lady,dont ever give up your frying pan." lydia cackles.

"yeah. never get married,loves." nina says simply. she was married once to castor of vile hour. she tried to fit the mold of a married woman and mother,but it just wasnt her. she felt owned and hated it. marriage,or perhaps castor,made her feel dirty about her past. she occasionally missed the step daughter she tried her best to be a mother to,but it was clear from the get go that she was an outsider to that relationship.

"why thank you, my drink making skills were good enough to get a c." lydia giggles to her friends. she was the sort that tried many things in life. anything that wasnt a quote unquote real job: a clown,a bartender, car customizer,bee keeper,chainsaw sculptor,fire dancer,finally tour guide for sun studios in memphis. lydia had worn many hats and had many random skills under her belt.

ooc: that viking hotel bit is based in fact. i always wanted to stay there in orlando,but it has some shady reviews. i believe its closed now.

Edited by user 27 March 2021 13:23:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
RoseJapanFan on 27/03/2021(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#2658 Posted : 06 March 2022 01:09:07(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8536 time(s) in 2673 post(s)
Ashford York pulls into the parking lot in an all-black Land Rover Defender, he parks the vehicle up and steps outside into the large but relatively empty lot. It was certainly an elusive location, around thirty-five miles outside of the City. He took off his sunglasses and hung them to the collar of his beige Neil Young “Harvest” t-shirt. He was dressed relatively casually with the aforementioned t-shirt, a black and red plaid shirt tied around his waist, military jacket with sleeves rolled up, distressed blue jeans along with a pair of sandy coloured Timberland boots.

He waited for a couple of seconds outside of his vehicle before he typed up a message in his phone, “Ms. Sanchez. You aren’t the easiest person to track down. I believe I have located the place in question. Looking forward to your arrival, let me know when you’ve arrived.” And with that, he walked around to the rear of the vehicle and opened the boot, a golden retriever puppy came bouncing out of the vehicle, around six months old so not quite fully grown but not tiny. He clipped the lead to the dogs collar and walked across to the park area adjacent to the parking lot of the studio building, it was out from the noise and busy-ness of the City. He knew he’d be relatively early to arrive since he was travelling further to the unfamiliar destination and always liked to give himself some extra time on these sorts of journeys, but this time around he had decided to give himself a little extra time to spend in the area as a whole, preferring to stay at a nearby cabin for the weekend rather than immediately drive back home following this assignment with one of the biggest names in the industry currently.

He had done a lot of travel throughout his journalistic career and was still relatively new to his current role within the music industry, not jaded yet from the constant travelling that his work entails he always preferred to take the time to experience the area’s that he’d be visiting as well as the experience of interacting one on one with the biggest artists of today’s industry. He was the sort of person that enjoyed experiencing as much as he could in most every situation and tried to extract the most out of life, where possible.
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 06/03/2022(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#2659 Posted : 06 April 2022 07:19:38(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19124 time(s) in 7592 post(s)
Layla is currently at a rather blissful stage in her life right now and the blossoming spring weather and its glorious sights and sounds reflect that. The past couple of years had been a struggle for the young songstress. From her own personal woes, to those she cared for enduring their own dark periods, there was definitely a grey cloud lingering over her for the best part of half a decade. Things are on the up these days. Her solo career has taken off to heights she never imagined, those around her also seem to be thriving and are radiating a positive energy as well. With even more new music on the way and a healthy, happy glow to her, it's safe to say that things are looking pretty sweet right now.

Pulling into the pothole filled parking lot in her black SUV which quite frankly looks far too big for someone of her frame and stature to handle, Layla takes a moment to send a message back to Ashford. "Heyyy! I've just pulled in. I think I see your car...but no you. PLEASE tell me this isn't the beginning of a horror movie!". After completing her message with a few praying hand emojis, Layla sends it and proceeds to gussy herself up in the wing mirror. It's an informal meet but she still wants to look her best, especially as Ashford is someone she admires and respects. She's hardly a vain person but nor is she willing to walk around looking like she's rolled out of bed.

After preening herself, Layla steps out of her huge vehicle, phone in one hand and her black faux-leather purse in the other. She's wearing a long and flowing yet light floral dress. Enough to protect her from the sun but wispy enough to catch in the breeze to cool her down. Complete with her sandals and wavy hair over her shoulders, it's a very typical Layla look. Beach-chic one could say.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 07/04/2022(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#2660 Posted : 07 April 2022 02:57:55(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8536 time(s) in 2673 post(s)
Sat at a park bench by the river across from the recording studio, Ashford watched as his dog runs around the lush green park with boundless energy, exploring the perimeter of the wooded area but not quite brave enough to fully explore. He comes running back to Ashford with the signal of a whistle and jumps up onto his owners knee. Before collapsing into an exhausted heap on Ashford’s lap. The Half-Moon Music executive’s phone buzzes with a message from Layla, he lightly laughs to himself as he reads the message and begins to compose a reply, “not to worry I’m just across the way. I understand an artists need for seclusion when they’re in the midst of creating magic but this is a whole different level.” He sends before following up immediately, “I’m heading back over now.”

He places the lead back onto the dogs collar and heads towards the exit clearing of the park, crosses the road and makes his way back to the car park. He raises his hand with a friendly wave as he see’s Layla across the empty parking lot, picks his dog up and carries her as he walks across to greet the popular songstress.
“Hey, how’s it going?” he says with a smile, “I apologize for my lack of professionalism but this little one is still pretty brand new and has detachment issues right now.” He says as he gestures to the golden retriever puppy.