logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

73 Pages«<6061626364>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline erich hess  
#1221 Posted : 17 August 2019 02:46:47(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17917 time(s) in 10411 post(s)
" I'm not saying we should,but....i don't go anywhere without a flask." Erich grins to Ada. He wasn't going to take a nip if she didn't. But if she did? He was going to guzzle that stuff. This was going to be hard to do...but he wasn't the one going home with Marlena. He didn't envy Ada in this respect. That had to be difficult. " you're welcome." He replies simply about the Karoliena situation. While he was sure morbid curiosity would dictate Karoliena will eventually ask how today went. Parts could be left out in the retelling. When Ada clarified what she meant by asking about him going,Erich realized that Ada and Marlena will go their separate way. This was very depressing to him. They could very well just float back to the ether. It's possible today wasn't even happening at all. " yeah. We should get this over with. " Erich states before unconsciously mimicking Ada. " telling Marlena, I mean. Not the leaving." I don't know any ice cream places. I barely will give this city money for a hot dog. " he says, looking at the inanimate objects that made up new York that he hated.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1222 Posted : 17 August 2019 03:13:18(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
Ada laughs a little and nods. She remembered that her husband never went anywhere without a flask, she somewhat expected for him to have one on him today, even when Ada asked for him to be sober. She looks around and then holds her hand out to him for him to hand the flask to her. It had been a difficult day, she deserved a little something. “I will not tell anybody if you will not,” she says softly, looking around again for good measure. Even though Karoliena had blocked Ada on Twitter, she was positive that Karoliena would still be trying to keep tabs on how her and Erich’s meeting went. She just hoped that Erich would remember not to bring up that Ada was upset by what Karoliena had said. It was easy to unblock somebody to virtually scold them again. Ada just didn’t want that to happen. Ada didn’t necessarily want to go her separate way from Erich. Even though it was a difficult reunion, Ada still felt good being in Erich’s presence. It was something familiar from her old life that she desperately wanted to find a way to have back again. She would stay around Erich for much longer, if she could. “I know a place, it will be fine. My treat,” Ada says back with a smile before standing up and waving to Marlena. “Marlena, it is time to go, liebling. We are going to get ice cream,” Ada calls from across the park. Marlena hears her mother and instantly perks up, running quickly back over to her parents.
Offline erich hess  
#1223 Posted : 17 August 2019 03:43:25(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Erich smirks and hands ada his flask from inside his jacket pocket. It was plain silver, but very well worn. He had it filled with wild turkey. Nothing but the best for Erich. Liquor was liquor to him. It all had the same effect. " you are soooo uninvited to the pta meeting." Erich whispers back to her. He did have to stifle his amusement. The situation reminded him of far better times between the two of them. " i do hope this place has novelty spoons. This is the day and age of The automobile. There is just no excuse for plain ice cream spoons." Erich says while standing up slowly. A near lifetime of peromfkng had taken its toll on his body. Sitting for too long did make his legs stiff. " i think i have A bit of child support that is in arrears. Ill get it." Erich smiles to Ada and their approaching daughter. Erich himself lived rather simply,so did like spending his money on others. The term of endearment in which Ada referred to Marlena reminded him of the old times even more. It did make him happy that some part of him still heard it. He looked over at some pigeons being fed. Pigeons didn't have to be reminded of lives that weren't to be.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1224 Posted : 17 August 2019 04:00:32(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Ada took a large swig from the flask and made a small face, handing the flask back to Erich. “That was... nice,” she says with a small laugh. She honestly couldn’t remember the last time she had drank in public. Probably the last time she was with Erich, to be honest. Sure, she had a beer with dinner from time to time, but drinking in a park from a flask was a with-Erich-only kind of situation. It reminded her of better times between the two of them as well. She felt more adventurous when she was with Erich, and not like the anxiety-filled little German girl that she really was. This was just another reason why it felt good to be around Erich again. She felt like maybe she had lost this part of herself years ago when she had left, it felt good to have it back again. “As I remember it, I think they just have normal plastic white spoons. I apologize,” Ada says back with a laugh as their daughter approaches.

“We’re getting ice cream? Is Mr. Erich coming too?” Marlena asks, out of breath from her sprint from across the park.

“Yes, Herr Erich is coming too,” Ada says, laughing at the name Marlena had given Erich. She holds out her hand to Marlena and nods in the direction of the ice cream shop. “This way.” She starts towards the sidewalk, heading towards the direction the shop, smiling towards Erich.
Offline erich hess  
#1225 Posted : 17 August 2019 04:28:13(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Erich laughs very hard at the action of Ada. He could only assume she wasn't much of a drinker anymore...was she ever? In any case,Erich probably drank enough for both of them. "That is totally the face I make when something is nice,too." Erich teases Ada with a smirk. It was hard not to like Ada. She was a genuine sort of person. Erich took his own drink from the flask. It wasn't the deep drink he wanted,as he didn't want to look too much like a drunkard. So a quick nip it was. "That'll put hair on your chest." He says,smacking his lips and putting the flask away. He had been spoiled by frozen yogurt places with their bright spoons. White plastic is was going to be. " well...maybe it's for the best. Bright spoons may be just too much excitement for Marlena. Could you imagine finding out you have a father AND having to choose between blue and red spoons?" Erich scoffs.

Erich smiles widely at the name Marlena dubbed him. In time,he'd dust off the old chestnut of please,Mr Erich is my father's name.. Young Marlena had a lifetime of stale comedy ahead of her,if erich had his way. " yup. We're all getting ice cream, little one." Erich answers alongside Ada. More nostalgia came over him when Ada said his name.

Erich trotted along with Ada and their daughter. If this was a Disney movie,a song would certainly be sung here. He was rather happy and glanced from mother to daughter as they walked. " it's a good day for ice cream. Its too danged hot for new York."
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1226 Posted : 17 August 2019 04:43:15(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Ada had never been much of a huge drinker, despite being German and who she kept company with. When they were married, Ada mostly only drank to keep up with Erich. Even married, she wanted so badly for Erich to still like her, she would do anything if she thought it would make him like her more. All that pressure built up until she ended up leaving. She wasn’t positive that all that anxiety didn’t lead to her trying to find an out for her pain. She laughs at herself and the face she made, giving Erich a playful small shove. “I am not a drinker like you are, I apologize,” she says through her laughter. Her laughing was cut short a bit when she remembered the importance of the ask they were about to embark on. Yes, telling Marlena about her father was very serious business. Ada wished she would have drank a little bit more when she had the chance.

Along the way to the ice cream shop, Marlena skipped ahead of them, always keeping in eyesight of her mother, knowing the consequences if she ever skipped too far ahead or too far out of sight. “Could I have a little bit more of that?” Ada asks quietly, motioning to the pocket where Erich kept his flask. It was a good day for ice cream. Maybe it was a good day for day drinking too.
Offline erich hess  
#1227 Posted : 17 August 2019 05:11:28(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Ooc: that is so heartbreaking. Erich would have adored her the same even if she was a teatotaler.

Playful Ada was his favorite ada. "Its a shame you don't like I do." Erich says to Ada with a self depreciating laugh. " I don't think I've been this sober since i was a teenager." Erich laughs softly. His chemical usage very much had started from his intense stage fright. So as long as he was a musician was as long as he had been intoxicated for. It also sort of snowballed into being an obligation on his off days too. He wanted to provide the erich Hess myth at all times. As good as this was going with Ada, he assumed he was boring her.

Erich kept an eye on Marlena as well. He'd seen too many episodes of law and order...set in this very city,to not suspect everyone around them of being terrible. " Ada! " he playfully chides her," I'm not doing this alone or slinging you over my shoulder in order to get you home." He jokes to her as he opens his jacket to give the drink to her. "I have some mescaline back in the hotel if you want that." He grins at her. It was well documented that psychedelics were his ride of choice.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1228 Posted : 17 August 2019 05:34:38(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Ada laughs as well, but quietly, with some old worry on her face. She had always known Erich to be the drinker, the drug-taker, the person who did the crazy stunts and things. But she wondered if she had ever asked why. There was probably pain that Erich had as well, that Ada never spent the time trying to learn because she was too busy with her own pain. Ada takes the flask and takes another heavy swig of it, making another face as she hands it back. Could she go for some mescaline? With Erich? She had a babysitter that she could call to watch Marlena over night. Was that a part of her life that she wanted to fall back into? With Erich?

Yeah. Completely.

“Are you serious?” She asks, keeping her voice low so that Marlena can’t hear them plan their adult adventures.
Offline erich hess  
#1229 Posted : 17 August 2019 07:44:55(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

erich raised an eyebrow at ada's drinking from the flask. did she know something he didnt about how this might go with marlena? she probably knew a lot he didnt know about many things. with the thoughts of ada being worried,he felt the fear climb up his spine. she had to be the sensible one during this reveal. he gingerly takes the flask back but takes a very small drink out of it. maybe he did need to be firing on all cylinders for this event.

"about the mescaline?" erich asks,equally as hushed and looking around for eavesdroppers. though in reality,they could have walked up to most any cop and loudly discuss it. its not like mescaline was the hip drug among today's youths. erich assumed due to the time demands,most psychedelics were far out of fashion. "cmon,miss ada. things have changed but not that much...why?" he asks carefully,he was only joking with the initial offer. not that he had any issue sharing most anything with anyone. without the usual haze of drugs,his mind was free to start worrying: this is a bad idea. who knows what this woman has been through. not to mention whatever residual issues they personally had together. this could end very very badly. erich wanted to say something,but did remember the first time they had ever...been together. it was after the suicide of her boyfriend and erich did ask if she was ok with things since it was semi recent. he didnt remember her exact words,but she didnt seem to like being second guessed.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1230 Posted : 17 August 2019 08:53:23(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Ada was about to ask if he really wanted to do mescaline with her, but they were already outside the ice cream shop. Marlena had stopped skipping in front of it and was now standing at the front door, swinging it open with such bravado, it was hard to ignore that she was a child of performers. “We will talk about this afterwards,” Ada whispers, opening the door after Marlena and holding it open for Erich.

Inside, the ice cream parlor was made to look like an old time-y type place, with old Betty Boop mementos on the walls, and lots of rich colors lining every space of the shop. Marlena confidently stepped up to the counter and made her order without consulting anybody: something called a Colossal Sundae with chocolate ice cream and hot fudge. Ada was about to object, but there was only so often that she let Marlena eat ice cream anyway, and Ada appreciated the “go big or go home” aspect of the way Marlena chose her treat. Ada steps forward and orders a Root beer float, something kitschy to make this afternoon seem a bit more fun, and then turned to Erich to see what he’d like. “I am not even sure I remember what kind of ice cream you eat,” Ada says softly.
Offline erich hess  
#1231 Posted : 17 August 2019 09:14:38(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

the flair in which marlena flung the door open would have been the envy of the most grizzled of sergio leone cowboys. if dietrich had wandered his chunky self here,there no doubt would have been a close up of his fuzzy,ice cream encrusted face. but sadly,life isnt all that interesting. there were just normal sorts of folks here and little to no spaghetti western music. "sure thing. lets get this little child some ice cream." erich cheerfully said. now he had the looming emotions of this little girl on his hands,and possibly doing a powerful hallucinogen with his ex wife. this was not how he pictured this day going at all. but,he was curious to see where this rocket landed.

erich did approve of the interior decoration of this place. he was all for places with crap all over the walls. he greatly disliked the sleek and modern look places went for. it just came off as soulless. sleek was fine,if googie was the aim. minimalist buildings ground his gears. hearing their daughter just burst out with her order,not caring if anyone else was ready,or even if a colossal sundae was even something she could get,she was ordering it. "make sure there are no nuts on that sundae" erich pipes up. sundaes seemed to always have nuts. he hated them in there. he liked peanuts,he liked ice cream. he didnt like them together."i dont think we ever ate ice cream together before." erich muses to ada in as platonic a way as possible. he didnt want to spill the beans on their previous relationship to marlena accidentally. " vanilla with strawberry topping,my good man." erich ordered with gusto. maybe there was some of him in marlena after all.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1232 Posted : 17 August 2019 09:39:31(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Ada smiles, impressed by the fact that Erich remembered that Marlena was allergic to nuts. She hadn’t even thought to make that interjection, maybe there really was something to co-parenting. Grabbing her rootbeer float and Marlena’s sundae, Ada turns to the parlor and looks for a place for the three of them to sit. She contemplates how they should all be sitting. Her and Erich on one side and Marlena on the other seemed the most natural, but that also might seem the most daunting to Marlena. She placed both her and Marlena’s treats on one side of the table of the booth she found, and slid in, with Marlena close behind her, talking to her loudly and excitedly about a bird that she had seen on the playground. “That sounds wild,” Ada says back to her daughter, still listening but her mind somewhere else. This was going to be a big conversation to have with her. She hoped Erich was ready. She hoped herself was ready.
Offline erich hess  
#1233 Posted : 17 August 2019 09:54:43(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

with frozen treat and plain spoons in hand,erich followed the pair to the booth. erich was unaware of the thought ada put into seating the trio. he just assumed the child always sat next to ada. besides,maybe it was for the best. if marlena was horrified that the strange man before her was her father,she could just dive into ada's arms. how were they to do this? should he just be like darth vader and announce it? "i guess the bird really liked you. they poop on people they dont." erich made a pbbt sound and a whistle like a bomb falling. he was both into the bird story and hoping marlena liked poop jokes. most kids did. he looked to ada and nudged her foot with a questioning look. "what do we do?" he mouthed to her.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1234 Posted : 17 August 2019 10:40:56(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Marlena made a face at Erich when he made the poop sounds, sticking her tongue out and shaking her head. “That’s nasty,” Marlena declares, and then goes back to eating her nut-free ice cream.

Ada waits for Erich to settle in front of them, and then sighs, nodding as if to say that they should begin. “Hey, Marlena,” she says softly. “Do you remember your friend, Marie, who had a mom and a dad who lived away from each other?”

Marlena looks up from her ice cream and nods, sensing from the tone of the conversation that it was a serious one. She wondered whether or not she was in trouble for something, but she wasn’t sure what it could be.

“Well, that is what happens sometimes: sometimes moms and dads live separated from each other. Did you know that everybody has a mom and a dad?”

Marlena ponders this question a little bit longer, and then nods again, looking from Ada to Erich, trying to figure out where this conversation is going. “... who’s my dad, then?” she finally asks.

Ada looks over at Erich, wondering if he wanted to take it from here.
Offline erich hess  
#1235 Posted : 17 August 2019 10:55:44(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

"it is. trust me." erich chuckles to marlena. play enough shows out doors and you're certain to get pooped on by a bird. it'd happened at least 4 times to erich. gooey bird poop and gooey pomade can be difficult to distinguish from when you put your hand in it.

erich gave a slight nod to how ada handled this. there was no handbook that said how to tell a child who their parents were. ada certainly did it the best way possible in erich's opinion. he'd have done something like a knock knock joke. who's there? its dad. this was now happening and there wasnt any putting the genie back in the bottle. erich looked from marlena to ada and then back to marlena. "well..." he says,taking a bite of strawberry covered ice cream and swallowing before continuing. "its..um,me. " he decided to just go for it. she seemed like a bright child,so maybe straight to the point was the best.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1236 Posted : 17 August 2019 11:22:15(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Ada watches her daughter as she contemplates Erich for a moment, looking him over and then assessing their conversations from today, and deciding ultimately that it was okay if Erich was her father with a nod and a sigh of relief. “I thought I was in trouble or something,” she admits before taking another bite of ice cream, as if being told who her father was was of no concern to her.

Ada looks at Erich and shrugs. “Well, that was the best outcome we could have hoped for,” she says to him, laughing a bit.

Marlena looks up at Erich and speaks with a mouth full of ice cream, “Does this mean you’ll be around more?” she asks.
Offline erich hess  
#1237 Posted : 17 August 2019 11:40:25(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

"in trouble? never." erich scoffs at the very idea. he didnt know marlena all that well,but he could tell she was an utter charmkin. he breathed a sigh of relief as the young girl seemed no more concerned with his presence than before she knew who he was. erich mirrored their daughter and took a bite of his own ice cream. it tasted all that much sweeter with the big secret out of the bag.

"for real. we should tell other,random kids we're their parents. just to see if it's always this easy." erich laughs. he breathes easy and gives ada a we did it. we deserve more flask expression. this was a bigger hurdle than the initial words between the two of them. erich at least knew somewhat how ada could react to things.

erich expected the question of why he and ada werent together anymore. so marlena's question took him slightly off guard. "well...." he starts,looking around the shop and to the two people who were now part of his life once more. "i work all over the world,marlena. like your mom was," erich says,gesturing to ada and trying to explain this to a child. "i am a singer. so i am a bouncy little fellow. but..i will be around more than i was. that,i can say to you." atomic war bride was a band that was almost always on the road. they had to be. they had no merchandise sales and wanted people to freely pirate their music. they sold vinyl,but the record collectors were a niche at best. soon,erich would be off and on the road with savannah haim.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1238 Posted : 17 August 2019 12:22:12(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Ada gives a little snorting laugh when Erich says that Marlena is never in trouble. That statement couldn’t be farther from the truth, but Ada knew that she had raised a pretty charming daughter. It was difficult to be upset with a girl like Marlena for too long. The only thing Marlena seemed completely concerned with was if she was going to see Erich again. Like her mother, now that the secret was out, she didn’t want to see Erich disappear out of their lives again.

Marlena glances up at her mother when her old profession is mentioned. Marlena knew that her mother had been a musician, but she almost looked at it as if she had been a musician in a past life that did not concern Marlena. Hearing somebody else mention it made it seem more real. Ada had never shown Marlena any of her music or anything like that before. Maybe that was something she could do now. “You’re a singer too? Wow,” Marlena says, looking at Erich with more awe than before.

Ada laughs and looks at Erich as well. “See? You are already the cool parent.” She finishes the root beer part of her root beer float, and then takes a spoon and starts digging the rest of the ice cream out of it. They could do this, she thought. Maybe this wouldn’t be as difficult as she previously assumed it would be.

Now on a sugar high, Marlena scooted out of her seat and ran towards some old-fashion games that were lined up on the back wall of the parlor. Ada and Erich were left alone again. “So... what were you saying before about mescaline?” Ada asks, having not forgotten about their previous conversation. Now that everything went well between them and Marlena, Ada wanted to do something for herself. When was the last time she did anything for herself anyway? And Erich was going to be gone on tour soon, and then there was no way she’d be able to do anything. If she wanted this, she had to take it now.
Offline erich hess  
#1239 Posted : 17 August 2019 12:55:10(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

marlena seemed a free little spirit,so maybe she did get in a trouble...a little. but erich was sure it was minor and could probably be blamed on other kids. even though she was privately tutored. " i think someone is trying to say you get in trouble,sometimes." erich says to marlena with a wink to ada. this parent thing wasnt too bad. now that it was truly official,he did look at marlena in a new way. she probably was a very strong willed child,both of her parents were...so yeah,ada probably had experienced some butting of the heads with her.

"yes. i sing and i play guitar. but it's all just silly songs. your mother...her music actually meant something. " erich says warmly. he always was one of ada's biggest fans and wanted their daughter to know her mother was very talented. for all his longevity in the music business,erich barely saw himself as writing anything more significant that jingles. plus,there were very few of his songs that their daughter SHOULD listen to. though who knew if actual children liked rockabilly anymore. by this time it would be marlena's great grandparents music. at mention of him being the cool parent,erich jusht laughs into his ice cream at ada. "please,parent is a rather liberal use of the term. let's wait until i get that first pediatrician visit under my belt." erich knew ada or ada's family had done the hardest part of child rearing. once the baby stage is over,its kinda just hanging out and teaching the kids not to stick their tongues in light sockets or something. though he was at least convinced now that marlena might want him in her life.

marlena was a little ball of energy and erich had respect for ada being able to do this all on her own for quite some time. she must have done a great job as marlena didnt seem to be one of those kids you're going to see creepy youtube videos on. she seemed normal and happy. hopefully the games she was looking at didnt require change. erich rarely carried cash. while he was sure ada was not looking at a leave it to beaver sort of life. erich believed good fathers should always have quarters in their pockets. at the mention of the drug out of marlena's hearing,erich leaned in close to ada.
" ada...yeah,i have some back at the hotel. but..." erich pauses,really debating if he should follow through with what he wants to say. after some mental deliberation,he goes for it. he cares enough for ada that he doesnt want her to have a bad time. " we're looking at like at least 6 hours on this stuff and maybe...maybe experiencing things we dont want to experience. memories looked at in a new way" he says carefully. he doesnt want to say she may relive the cult years,but it is possible.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#1240 Posted : 17 August 2019 13:21:18(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Marlena looked appalled that Ada would imply that she gets into trouble. “I’m never in trouble,” Marlena explains. “For very long, at least.”

“No, that is true,” Ada agrees. “I have an inability to keep punishments going for very long with Marlena.” Both Erich and Ada were only children, and it seemed destined that Marlena would be an only child as well, which was fine, as Ada had realized early on that the disciplinary side of parenting was not her strong suit. Luckily, Marlena had been a pretty easy and trustworthy child, never getting into much trouble even when the opportunities presented themselves. Marlena almost seemed nervous to commit too many infractions - something she probably inherited from her mother.

Ada’s heart drummed to hear Erich say such sweet things about her music career. They had both always been such fans of each other, it was so nice to hear some encouragement from Erich again. It had been so long, but Erich still knew the exact way to make Ada’s heart beat harder, even when he wasn’t trying at all.

Ada realized that she wasn’t carrying any change on her either, but Marlena seemed mesmerized by the games, whether she was actually playing them or not. It was so easy to be a kid. Ada had too much worry and insecurities in her to be entertained by anything for too long. But Marlena could find enjoyment in almost anything. “I know how mescaline works, Erich,” Ada says back, a bit sharper than she intended to. She sat back in her chair and shook her head. “Never mind. I am sorry. I thought you wanted to do it with me. I misunderstood.” She was disappointed, but she understood. Maybe she wasn’t in a good place for psychedelics. Maybe she’d never be in a good place for them. Maybe Erich was the one that got to go on tours and travel the world and do as many drugs as he wanted, but Ada was the one that got to watch Marlena grow up firsthand. She had to keep reminding herself of that when the want to go back to her old life came up.