logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

12 Pages«<7891011>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Moquel  
#161 Posted : 01 June 2014 11:16:54(UTC)
Moquel

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
Giselle, keeping it low key walks to the bar again. She seems very happy to even be in the presence of all these talented people. She walks over and orders a more stronger drink.
UserPostedImage
Offline snap_itshannah  
#162 Posted : 01 June 2014 11:17:38(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
"Oh, you're perfect, thank you," Alec says, taking his drink from Honor and putting an arm around her.

Adele kisses Florian on the cheek and grins. "You should have won Sexiest Male as well," she tells him with a wink. "You're definitely my favorite."
Offline Andre Gandra  
#163 Posted : 01 June 2014 11:20:08(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Abie and Magie stand up to cheers for Isabel!

Abie: Go Izzy!

Drake just arrived at his sit in time to cheer for his friend

mISTER_b: You go girl - he screams lifting his hand.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 01/06/2014(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#164 Posted : 01 June 2014 11:20:38(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19148 time(s) in 7605 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

After being introduced as the next performer, the audience go wild and begin to cheer for Weekend's long awaited return to the Chaos Awards stage. While it is mainly the screams of the female crowd members that dominate, almost everyone regardless of age or gender are cheering for the boys as they have a lot of industry connections and celebrity friends within the room. It has been quite some time since Weekend last performed here and it's also their first live performance since early 2013, making this the first time performing the number one single "How It Ends" live.

The staging area remains blacked out as the audience continue to cheer. Slowly, the screen behind the stage lights up and shows a beautiful supernova. Everything else remains in darkness, allowing the audience to focus on the mysterious image that lays ahead of them. The gentle strumming of a guitar is then heard coming from the darkened stage. The cheers pick up again as the audience identify it as the intro to "How It Ends". As the soft, calming introduction continues, the image of the supernova fades away and is replaced by a night sky. The odd shooting star can be seen flying among the diamonds. The projection constantly moves as if travelling through the sky - the slow pace of the movement is keeping in time with the gentle guitar. After focusing on the stringed instrument and the stunning backdrop, the lights go up for the first time which allows the audience to see the performers. Three members of the band; Dustyn, Oscar and Billy are sat on a raised ledge just below the screen. Meanwhile, Riley Hamilton and Scott Wellington sit on a set of surrounding stairs each. The stage lights cast a blueish-purple glow over the band and out into the audience.

"Hello Chaos Awards. It's good to be back. We missed you." says Dustyn Blue softly. He smiles as he strums on the guitar, playing an extended version of the introduction, allowing people to settle into the performance. The members of the band appear rather relaxed and content, smiling away at the audience and gently swaying to the sound of Dustyn's guitar. Rumours of tension and infighting in the band seem silly now as the band seem to be at ease and often look over and smile at one another, happy to be sharing this great moment together. Riley and Scott stand up simultaneously and walk down the stairs. Billy and Dustyn then follow, standing up and walking across the ledge. Billy walks along casually while Dustyn takes his time, still recovering from a bad leg and focusing on playing the guitar. Blue hands over his guitar to a stagehand before he walks down the stairs on the left hand side however, live instruments can still be heard from their backing band who have now taken over and have now set-up underneath the platform.

Oscar Ward, the lead singer, finally opens up the song and a few screams can be heard from within the crowd. He is the only member left up on the platform at this point in time. Billy remains at the bottom of a set of stairs, Riley is sat on the right side of the stage, close to the audience members at the front while Scott and Dustyn sit together at the left side. Riley smiles into the crowd, noticing a familiar face. Meanwhile, Oscar continues to sing the first verse while sat on the ledge. His voice has always been one of the deepest alongside Dustyn's and is definitely suited to songs like this one - songs driven by live instruments rather than computerised, overproduced stuff. His vocals are slightly deeper than before but there is no drastic change. As always, Oscar keeps in tune and his voice is flawless. Before approaching the last line in his verse, he holds a finger against his earpiece which is falling out.

I'm over here. I'm over here, why can't you see me?
I'm calling out. I'm calling out, why can't you hear me?
I've watched him break your heart
I've picked up the pieces each and every time
How could you say he loves you better than I can?

Dustyn Blue, the youngest member of the group takes over immediately and sounds like he came in too early but fans and casual listeners know that this is exactly how the studio version of the songs sounds too. While singing the second verse, he leans against his band mate, Scott, who then begins to prod Dustyn's cheek in an attempt to make him laugh through a serious song. Blue grins but manages to keep his laughter under control unlike Wellington who has to move away from his mic so that his chuckling cannot be picked up. Dustyn's voice has really matured and even on the first album, it was already beyond his years. It sounds rather rough, raspy and almost like a "whiskey voice" - far from the way in which he speaks. His Irish accent still comes through though. Blue's voice sounds even richer than usual and while not everyone is a fan of this singing style, his vocals are without a doubt the most unique within the band and the control and power he has behind his voice can only be envied. When singing the words "right through me", Dustyn make a circular shape with his hands to represent a hole (which one can obviously see right through). Scott also makes a similar gesture but holds up the "OK" sign and gives a cheeky wink. This is because he's playing up the whole Illuminati conspiracy theory which states that this hand gesture also represents "666". As Weekend have been accused of being part of this cult and by holding up the sign and closing one eye, Scott knows that it's going to annoy some people which is exactly why he does it.

Billy Khan then takes over and things begin to change. Not only does Billy's silky voice contrast greatly to the rougher ones just heard but his presence alone seems to work the crowd up into a frenzy. Being the most controversial member in the band, Khan finds himself splitting opinions everywhere he goes. A group of girls in the crowd scream louder than ever when Billy opens his mouth, yet some jeering and booing can be heard underneath it all. Despite the mixed reception, Khan continues to sing the short pre-chorus, sounding exactly like he does on the record. If people look past his antics, they will be able to see just how much talent he possesses. He has the looks and the voice but unfortunately his personal life overshadows all of that.

As the chorus kicks in, Oscar Ward walks along the platform and down a set of stairs to rejoin the rest of Weekend. The live band step it up a gear and become more prominent, adding a little more edge to the track but nothing overpowering and does not stray too far from the original song itself. All five of the boys sing in unison and blend together quite nicely. Many people overlook their harmonies but unlike a lot of other current pop groups, they can actually do this and their voices complement each other. Oscar and Dustyn have the deepest voices, singing the bottom harmony while Khan, Wellington and Hamilton use their naturally higher registers. With Riley having the highest register, he sings the high harmony and it is the easiest to pick out in the chorus.

Do you know how I feel? How I feel when you turn away
Let it all out. When you let it all go, I'm your shoulder to cry on
You say you want someone just like me
Someone you can turn to no matter where or when
I'm standing right here yet you look right through me

He can never love you like I do, hold you like I do
When all goes wrong who is the one you run to?

You say that we should just stay friends
But we both know how that story ends
We could try to carry on and play pretend
But things will never be the same again
I poured my heart out now I don't know what to do
The silence is deafening, guess it was the wrong move
I could lie, smile and say I'm happy just being your friend
But as time goes on, we both know how it ends

Following on from the chorus, Riley takes on the third verse. He is still at the front of the stage, close to the audience. Being such a friendly person, he is more than happy to perch at the edge of the stage and feel as close and involved with the crowd as possible. As it's a ballad, it allows him time to do this as he's not jumping around the stage trying to remember his placings rather than focusing on the people who are watching the performance. Riley's voice is naturally high and has one of the most extensive ranges within the group, alongside Blue. His voice has been compared to the likes of MIKA, Adam Levine and Sam Smith. In the chorus, if you listened carefully, his higher register could be heard and while it is impressive, his control over his voice is what usually holds him back however in this performance, all is going well. He easily switches from doing his high harmonies to using a lower register in his verse, similar to the likes of Ward and Blue but not quite as deep. When he finishes his section, he looks across the stage and smiles at Scott who happens to be next.

Taking on the short pre-chorus is Scott Wellington. His vocal ability has been widely criticised and many have unfairly said that he can't sing. Scott does have a softer, thinner voice than the others but it is not 'bad'. He always hits the right notes, can carry a tune and has a beautiful angelic, uplifting tone. On the records, his voice does seem extremely thin in comparison to the others but as he sings his two lines here tonight his vocals sound slightly deeper and it's obvious that his voice has matured. While it is not as strong as his band mates, Scott sails through his part with no hiccups and with a slight hint of a smile on his face. During his little segment, a couple of whistles and cheers can be heard. These are obviously to show appreciate and support Wellington as he rarely has solo lines.

I see you with him. I see you slow dancing under moonlight.
I'm in the corner. Back against the wall, still I'm glad to see you smile.
While he gets to be the one who takes you home
I'll be the one who is still dancing all alone
Do you know the way it feels when I see you leave in his arms?

He will never understand like me, bet he can't even kiss like me
I'm so wrapped up, I've fallen in too deep

When the chorus comes around for the second time, Wellington, Blue and Hamilton walk to the centre of the stage as they proudly hold their mics and sing their hearts out at the most prestigious music awards ceremony on the planet. Hamilton rests his hand on Blue's shoulders and smiles at both him and Wellington, unable to cover up his joy for much longer. The camera on stage follows the three boys in the centre of the stage (the camera obviously getting a good shot of Wellington's famous rear). Meanwhile, Ward sits on the left hand staircase and Khan sits on the right staircase. During the performance, a half-eaten muffin is thrown on stage, presumably aimed at Dustyn who has an intense love for them. The three boys in the middle take a step back to avoid it before Scott turns his head from his mic and laughs again. Dustyn quickly runs forward and kicks the treat off the stage before it gets trampled on during the rest of the show.

The bridge of the song comes around and it is Billy Khan's turn yet again. While they sang together throughout the chorus, Khan made his way back up to the hanging platform. He is now sat in the centre with one leg up on the platform and the other dangling over. Khan doesn't seem to mind that there is quite a drop below him as he belts out the next part of the song. The crowd are no longer expressing their opinions on him anymore, allowing Khan to really shine. His part, along with Hamilton's extremely high harmony, is probably the most vocally tiring as he has to constantly belt out each line of the bridge with no rest in between before hitting one big, long high note and the word "goes". Again, he sounds exactly like he does on the record and no matter what the crowd's opinion on him is, they can't deny that he nailed that part.

Many times before I couldn't find the words to say
But now here I am, I want you to stay
Stay the night inside my arms
You say that a real man is hard to find
But I think I've proved myself over all this time
One chance, we can change how the story goes

As Billy's section finishes, a dramatic instrumental part from the live band plays for a few seconds, really adding that signature Weekend rock/pop feel to it. Scott bashes the air with his hands, miming the drummer of their backing band while flashing white light, resembling thunder, flashes in time with the drums. As the song picks up and sounds more aggressive, the boys naturally sing a lot louder too in order to keep that passionate feel and also be heard above the ferocious, thrashing instruments. As they continue singing the chorus, Riley and Dustyn walk up the left flight of stairs while Oscar and Scott take the right. All five boys rejoin and sit down on the hanging platform. Halfway through the chorus, it begins to rise and lift the band even higher. On the last line, the backing band stop and we hear the five boys sing perfectly in unison. "Thank you! Enjoy the rest of the show!" says an overjoyed Hamilton, waving out into the crowd. The audience begin to cheer and applaud Weekend's triumphant return to the stage while the boys continue to wave from the moving platform.
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 8 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
genocidal king on 01/06/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 01/06/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 01/06/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 01/06/2014(UTC), erich hess on 01/06/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 01/06/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 01/06/2014(UTC), DistortedAudio on 01/06/2014(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#165 Posted : 01 June 2014 11:20:59(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Adele cheers for her friend, Izzy, when she wins Best Video.
Offline Princess_Valentine  
#166 Posted : 01 June 2014 11:21:51(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
"I hope so cause not having friends sucks. It really makes me miss my friends back home," Lexi says thinking about how happy she use to be back home. "Great, maybe we can go this summer." Lexi pauses when she hears Weekend's name being announced. "Oh yay, they're about to perform." She stands up and begins screaming for them.
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley

Offline Clampdown  
#167 Posted : 01 June 2014 11:21:52(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1095 time(s) in 398 post(s)
Noel and Jenny finish off the multiple drinks they bought, now pretty drunk. Noel cheers obnoxiously

Jenny rolls her eyes "You should sit down before y-you make an ass of yourself"
Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:
[b]Leon Peralta - Main writer for Coast 2 Coast Music

Offline Andre Gandra  
#168 Posted : 01 June 2014 11:25:25(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Abie and Magie start to scream and jump as if they were teenagers when they heard the first notes of Weekend’s performance. They hysterically kept looking at each other saying 'they're so adorable' 'they're so cute'. Drake (mISTER_b) took another drink of his whiskey as he laughs of Abie and Magie acting like teens, Magie turn to Drake and says 'You should introduced Billy for us Drake, you son of a gun!' Drake laughs 'Ohh yeah, maybe next time'.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline kandii  
#169 Posted : 01 June 2014 11:26:17(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Rum runs around the audience looking for Mariko . Out of breath already , she stops for a minute to look at Weekend's performance and sings along for a minute but then stops . "Wait , no . Gotta keep my pimp card ." She goes back to looking for Mariko .
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
erich hess on 01/06/2014(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#170 Posted : 01 June 2014 11:27:15(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
After Weekend leave the stage with the screaming of their fans still ringing ecstatically around the arena, Scott smiles and walks back onto the stage, applauding. He embraces Oscar Ward briefly, before he shakes hands with Dustyn Blue. Scott then blanks Scott Wellington before he gives Riley Hamilton, one of his best friends, a warm hug, patting him on the back and saying something the cameras don't pick up. Finally, he stops to look at Billy Khan, the two staring each other out as the place goes almost silent - everyone knows how much these two hate each other. Eventually, Scott extends his hand and shakes Billy's in one of those moments that will go down in musical history. The two had spoken on Twitter days before, but this is still a big moment, and one that the hushed crowd can barely take their eyes off.

UserPostedImage

"Weekend, huh?" Scott says as he gestures to the band leaving the stage. "I love those guys. Well two of them anyway." He laughs and looks behind him to make sure Weekend have left. "Alright...so..." he's interupted by the creaming of the Weekend fan girls. "Shhhhhhh..." he says quite sternly. "Thank you!" He smiles and looks into the camera again. "Alright, so now we're into the part of the show I know very little about at all. This is the award for BEST URBAN ACT!" He chuckles. "Seriously, I have all the swag of a guy trying to rob the LAPD." He smiles again. "I know all the lingo though. I can pop shade with the best of these ratchet bitches," he says with a wink. "Not you, Merjos," he says with a look towards Katie. "I believe you're called "basic". Did I get that right?" He shrugs. "Lemme try shade. Hey Abie Lena....looks like you're really enjoying that cake," he says. "Shit, that was mean. I'm sorry."

"Anyway, yes, this is an award that I can't say I'm all that au fait with, but urban music has really come to the fore in the last year. We got a lot of rap acts taking this game by storm, and even if it's not my cup of tea, I gotta hand my respect out to the way that genre has taken the world by storm. I'm not sure who will win this one, but whoever it is, I'm sure you're very much deserving and skilled. Here are your nominees...."

Kidd Amaze
Lotus
Rum & Coke
Isaac Lovelock
Aikya Balan
Liyah

"And the award for BEST URBAN ACT goes to......"

UserPostedImage
thanks 6 users thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 01/06/2014(UTC), erich hess on 01/06/2014(UTC), BrownSugar on 01/06/2014(UTC), kandii on 01/06/2014(UTC), DistortedAudio on 01/06/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 01/06/2014(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#171 Posted : 01 June 2014 11:27:26(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3956 time(s) in 1350 post(s)
Elyar smiles at Lexi.

"im sure you will, if not I'll come to your school and then you'll become miss popular because you know me, hehe"

Elyar laughs.

"yeah maybe in July or August we can go?"

Elyar frowns.

"I hate Billy no offense babe"
UserPostedImage
Offline erich hess  
#172 Posted : 01 June 2014 11:29:05(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17930 time(s) in 10422 post(s)
mariko slowly slides the lock open. knowing this is the worst time to leave the mens room. weekend is on,and all the males are probably using this time to potty...or think about gia and karoliena kissing. she flings the door open,knocking a man to the ground and into a puddle of...something. ( i hate public restrooms) she runs towards the door..and feels herself losing balance. the world seems to go in slow motion as she uses her momentum to dive towards the opening,and the sanitary safety of carpet. she combat rolls as she feels her shoulders touch the carpet. she lies on her back and closes her eyes,thankful she made it out. "waiter? martini me!" she commands,holding up a hand. she gives kidd a thumbs up as she hears he wins.

erica tries to whistle,but just blows spit everywhere. "yay,kid!"
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
kandii on 01/06/2014(UTC)
Offline Clampdown  
#173 Posted : 01 June 2014 11:29:52(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1095 time(s) in 398 post(s)
Noel cheers "Yeah, I love your music, Kidd!" He says drunkenly.

Levi gives Noel and Jenny a look as if saying "Why the fuck did I buy you guys booze?"
Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:
[b]Leon Peralta - Main writer for Coast 2 Coast Music

Offline Andre Gandra  
#174 Posted : 01 June 2014 11:30:04(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Magie makes her way to the bathroom after she jumped and acted like a teenager with her sister for Weekend's performance. She enter's the VIP area to the bathroom so she can recover herslef.

Abie is on her sit with Drake, while they cheer for Kidd Amaze award.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

Offline freestylechamp  
#175 Posted : 01 June 2014 11:30:05(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Kidd was going to look for Drake until he heard his name called. He went up there to get his award "Are you sure, this one is mine and not mISTER_B? I kid, I just want to say thank you to everyone. We wouldn't be here without the fans."

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 01/06/2014(UTC), erich hess on 01/06/2014(UTC)
Offline Moquel  
#176 Posted : 01 June 2014 11:31:51(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
Giselle's gets up and applauded for Kidd.
UserPostedImage
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#177 Posted : 01 June 2014 11:33:50(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
UserPostedImage

"Even though it's not as surging as it once was, Rock and Metal have always remained a thriving source of music in the industry. Whether you've come to love and adore some of the mainstream rock acts or prefer something a little more heavier, I can't tell you how many times I've told Scott to turn his shit down. It can be a band or a solo artist but all I know is that these acts have managed to capture everyone's attention this year and break the barrier which separates rock and metal from the popular radios. Oh, and there's a band named 'Penetralia' nominated, crazy right?" She giggles. Here are the nominees for BEST ROCK/METAL ACT."

Kellin Falconer
Penetralia
Pretty Little Freaks
Mutual Addiction
Florian LeFevre
Juneau

"And the winner for BEST ROCK/METAL ACT goes to......"

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 4 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 01/06/2014(UTC), genocidal king on 01/06/2014(UTC), DistortedAudio on 01/06/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 01/06/2014(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#178 Posted : 01 June 2014 11:33:52(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Reza takes a sip of her drink and laughs a little bit at Kidd Amaze's acceptance speech. "Aw, I like him..." She comments, taking another sip.
Offline kandii  
#179 Posted : 01 June 2014 11:35:20(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Rum sees Mariko roll out of the bathroom as if she was on an episode of NCIS . For a minute she pauses because the roll is a little too familiar but then she slowly but surely limps over to her . Rum then lays beside her . "If you thought I was going to help you up , you thought wrong ."
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
erich hess on 01/06/2014(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#180 Posted : 01 June 2014 11:35:59(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Sara Daniels looks a little disappointed that her friend Koda's band didn't win, but she still claps and cheers for Juneau. She liked their music a lot anyhow.