logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

14 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Clampdown  
#41 Posted : 27 June 2014 10:36:12(UTC)
Clampdown

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1095 time(s) in 398 post(s)
Ah man, all touring bands are supposed to have a supply of cigars on them at all times; except us. *She laughs* A cigarette will work though. *She takes a cigarette out of the box and lights it.*
Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:
[b]Leon Peralta - Main writer for Coast 2 Coast Music

Offline snap_itshannah  
#42 Posted : 27 June 2014 11:09:05(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6355 time(s) in 2888 post(s)
Nichole smiles and shakes her head. "Sorry. No cigars here. Cigars make me feel... Italian." She laughs. "You're... Police Code, right? Erica?"
Offline Clampdown  
#43 Posted : 27 June 2014 12:10:43(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

Yeah, yeah. Nice to meet you. *She sticks her hand out.*
Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:

Offline snap_itshannah  
#44 Posted : 27 June 2014 14:09:21(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

"Yeah, nice to meet you, too," Nichole says back, shaking Erica's hand. She liked people who could appreciate a good handshake. Too many people hugged now a days. "I saw you play in Mesa. Really good. I haven't had the chance to catch you since then, but... it was pretty awesome."
Offline snap_itshannah  
#45 Posted : 28 June 2014 08:13:20(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

ooc: I meant to post this last night. Be my best friends and pretend that I did.

Live from Las Vegas: Vile Hour

UserPostedImage
erica kobayashi

before vile hour's set.erica skips onto the stage. she playfully smack's castor's cymbal with her hand as she makes her way to center stage. "helloooo everybody!" she cheerfully says to the crowd,waving with both hands. being the headliner,vile hour is looking at acres and acres of people.the crowd responds with a very positive roar. they know who is coming up and are itching to see erica's better half do what she does best. erica takes a short little bow before speaking brightly. " ladies and gentleman,boys and girls,children of all ages... are you ready for the most excitement two people can make,without fucking each other? are you prepared for the hottest thing to come out of detroit since the last batch of serial numberless firearms you bought? lets hear it for my coleykins,my best friend's husband, castor drake...its your vile hour!!" erica jumps up and down and with her excitement. she dashes off the stage,giving castor and nichole a little wink.

The lights come up on the stage, and Nichole and Castor walk out. The stage features only their piano and drums - the classic Vile Hour setup. Nichole is dressed in a black The Who t-shirt and thigh-highs with a garter belt over a pair of black shorts. Castor's outfit is a bit more simple - a loose button-up black shirt, khaki pants, and his famous bowler hat. Both of their faces are painted white with bright pink blush on their cheeks. Nichole has the added touch of bright red lipstick. The crowd roars as they walk to the center of the stage, each with a bouquet of yellow daisies. They throw their bouquets into the audience and a mass of bodies swarm to catch fight over them. They both laugh a little and hug each other before going to their respective instruments - Nichole on the piano and Castor on the drums. A woman in the audience screams, "Fuck me, Castor!" to which Castor responds with a theatrically over-dramatic shrug. The lights go out except for two spotlights directly on Nichole and Castor as Nichole plays the first notes of My Future Twentieth High School Reunion. The crowd sings along with them in this song, and almost every other song of the show. Every movement Nichole and Castor make are dramatic and passionate, like it's the last move they'll ever make. There's no lack of emotion in this performance. They are living art.

Well, you know
You can never have it all
No, you can never have it all
But who wants that kind of weight now?

And I hear
She's a model now, my friend
She's a model now, my friend
Living on disorders, cigarettes, and lettuce
In the apartment she shares
With Cindy, her friend
With Cindy, her friend
And all the songs she knows now are catcalls

And you know she can never have it all
No, she can never have it all
She's so far away
From that eisteddfod

And Joe says he saw the captain in the dole line
School captain in the dole line
And he swears he's a broken man
Still missing his ex-girlfriend
Still loving his ex-girlfriend
It's been seven years
But he thinks there's still a chance

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage

And you know he can never have it all
No, he can never have it all
He's so far away
From that regatta

And she listens
To the weather now, my friend
To the weather now, my friend
Got to worry about the children's sweaters
In the playground with their friends
And the children of her friends
Who she thinks are spoiled brats
But who's telling Sarah?

And she knows they can never have it all
No, they can never have it all
They're so far away
From the breadline

Now I'm kissing Tom's new lover at the bar
Yes, my new lover at the bar
Guess I've learned fuck all since high school
Oh, yes, I've learned fuck all since high school

And you know we can never have it all
No, we can never have it all
But sure, I'm sure, I'm sure, I'm sure
We're all pretending

The song comes to an end, and Nichole looks wide eyed at Castor, smiling brightly. The crowd was loving them, and that made them want to be even better. Without too much of a pause between song, Nichole starts to count them off. "One, two... One, two, three, four!" She starts to play the first couple notes of Home. As she does, Two long, purple scarves fall from the roof of the center of the stage, one end attached to the roof while the other end lays on the ground. A woman with shoulder-length red hair and a black and white striped jumper on enters the stage and approaches the scarf to the beat of the song. Vile Hour has always incorporated circus or theatrical themes into their shows, and their crowd loves it when they do. The redhead begins the climb the scarves and does an aerial show for the crowd while Vile Hour plays Home. The song and the aerial performance work so well together as Nichole sings about how she'll never go home, and how she's battling this life-threatening depression while the performer showcases her own life-threatening acts to the crowd. Several of the positions the performer puts herself in involve tying herself up and letting herself hang precariously over the stage by different body parts, or hanging upside down and swinging herself back and forth. The performer seems to mimic the emotions that Nichole is expressing in the song of hopelessness and lack of control (while, of course, the performer has full control over what she does in her act, her acting ability makes it seem like the scarves are controlling her more than she is controlling them). At Nichole's last line, "No one can drag me / Home," the performer spreads her legs open between the two scarves and spins herself in circles, her body held up by upper body strength alone as the song ends.

I went to New York and paid lots of money
To stay in the silence and not play for anyone
I picked up a bar tab and drank myself stupid
I flirted with strangers just to feel attractive
I stood on a rooftop and looked to the skyline
The cloud started rolling in as I started to say
"Goodbye" to my grandfather, who's at home dying
The rain started in and I was left crying

Because I've got to maintain the madness
Just so the stillness makes sense to me
I've got to keep the momentum rolling along
So that no one can stop me
No one can drag me
Home

I went to San Francisco with my best friend
To sing in a bar full of gay women who wanted me
But they did not know me, though they though I sang prettily
I made love to the microphone so they would not feel
So empty inside on this wintry night
In this city of madman and loners and stoners
And lovers forgotten in favor of rotten misfortunes with money
But I still went home alone

No one can drag me
Home

In this very room, where some of my favorite songs have been written
I'm writing this one
To sing and remember
These days in December
Where I have surrendered
I'm not pretending
To stay still

So next week, I'll go to Iceland
Then onto London
And into the arms of my favorite stranger
And then onward
Because I cannot, I will not, I cannot, I will not, I will not, I cannot
I will never stop

No one can drag me
Home

The performer rolls her body down the scarves gracefully until her feet can touch the floor of the stage, where she then unties herself from the cloth and turns to exits off stage, waving to the very appreciative crowd. "The beautiful Miss. Juliane Baier, everybody!" Nichole introduce the performer as she walks off, the crowd cheering louder.

Castor, understandably, takes off his shirt and throws it into the audience. He already has sweat pouring down himself from his chaotic and passionate drumming. Two girls near the front of the stage begin fighting over the shirt. "How are you guys doing tonight?" he asks the crowd, who answers with an excitable group of cheers. "That's awesome. Because we're going to ask you guys for a little vocalization next."

"Yes, that's right!" Nichole says, taking a drink of water from a water bottle next to her piano and nodding. "Yes, this will be one of several times we will ask for a little audience participation... Although, of course, you're welcome to sing along any time you fucking want. It's a fucking rock show." Nichole plays a little piano trille before turning to Castor. "Castor, hunny, will you count us off, please?"

Castor obliges, yelling out, "One, two, one, two, three, four," before both of them launch into the, "Ba-da-dum-bum, ba-dum, ba-dum"'s of Sympathies with Satan. The crowd recognizes the words immediately, and begin to cheer loudly.

Nichole and Castor sing the first set of the vocal chorus, and then Nichole raises her hand to the audience as a sign that it's their turn to sing now. Although most of the crowd sings back, Nichole shakes her head in disappointment. "Let's try that one more time. Be louder!" She repeats the same process, this time the crowd echoing back at an almost deafening volume. Nichole whispers, "Perfect," into the mic before screaming, "One, two, three, four!" and starting the open notes to Sympathies with Satan.

See, the debt collector's coming
He's come to break my fingers
So I can't play piano any, any more
And see, the debt collector's coming
He's come to take my tongue
So I can't sing any songs any more
I'll just go, "Ah-ha-ah-ha-ah"
To the top of the pop charts
"Ah-ha-ah-ha-ah"
In your iPods
"Ah-ha-ah"
That's the sound of silence,
Simon and Garfunkel

And see, the Grim Reaper is coming
He's sharpening his scythe
Until he can see his own reflection
And you see, the Grim Reaper is crying
His business is down the drain
Because people can do it so much quicker
And cheaper, and better...

Ba-da-dum-bum, ba-dum, ba-dum
Oh
And Ba-da-dum-bum, ba-dum, ba-dum
Oh

And, you see, our Savior's second coming
He's such a selfish bastard
Some of us don't even get to come once
And you see, his fans know to avoid my house now
Because I've signed a sealed deal with Satan
To just love everybody that I can

Oh
Oh

And you see, I think the Grim Reaper should go after
That fucking debt collector
So I can sing whenever I fucking goddamn well please
And our Savior should just make love to Satan
So both can see that either
Are intolerable
Without the other...

Oh
Oh
Oh
Oh...

The song comes at an end with the audience singing the last verses alone, growing louder and more confident with every line until the song comes to an end, and they erupt into cheers for themselves and for Vile Hour. Nichole and Castor clap for the audience and their fantastic participation before wordlessly transitioning into playing So Pretty; So Lonely. The lights on them suddenly have a blue filter over them, setting the mood for the mellow song.

As the song comes to an end, the lights come back to their normal color and Nichole lets out a small sigh of happiness, very relaxed in this atmosphere. "Hello, everybody, we are Vile Hour, if you didn't know," she says into the mic with a laugh. The crowd responds in a screaming cheer. "My name is Nichole Shade, and the man on drums is the fantastically handsome Castor Drake." Castor stands up from his drums and gives a very dramatic bow to the audience. "And, obviously, we're very very fucking excited to be here. We're only a few nights in, and already Warped Tour has been one of the best times we've ever had, so thank you so much for coming, all of you." She runs her fingers lightly across the piano, playing a couple of notes softly. "So, we'd like to dedicate this next song to you - our audience -, and to, um, Vans, I guess, for Warped Tour... And to..." She pauses, not sure who else to add.

"And to ponies," Castor adds softly in his own mic, creating a large reaction from the crowd who loves to hear Castor speak. Nichole, being the singer, has always been the main face of Vile Hour, so when Castor has something to say, it's usually pretty exciting to most fans.

Nichole laughs at Castor's add and whispers, "Fuck you," before they start playing Here in Detroit. Although the song isn't an especially happy one, it is a very upbeat one, and there's a lot of happiness of Nichole and Castor's face as they play.

I wake with you hand on my shoulder
It's colder outside, where they don't know we're naked
And all of your friends leave messages
That suggest we should not be doing what we're doing
But we do not care, and where there is air, we'll be breathing
Believe me, where there's warmth, we'll share

And why are you not in Detroit?
It's colder here, you know
And the stars are obscured by the sky
And why are you not in Detroit?
There's art in the streets
Put your feet somewhere close to my floor
And why
Are you
Not in Detroit?

Under the house of someone I once slept with
We wept on the inside, the outside kept talking
Because we knew we'd fit together like continents
In the eyes of children who've just learned geography
And I had a lover
And you had a ticket
We wickedly took off with the few hours left to us

And still you're not here in Detroit
It's colder here, you know
And the stars aren't as obscured by the sky
And why are you still not in Detroit?
There's art in the streets
Put your feet somewhere close to my floor
And why
Are you still
Not in Detroit?

I caught you peeking
When you thought I'd be sleeping
We caught not a wink
For the heat we were breathing
No, there was no rest
But at least we weren't arrested
For teaching the children about the birds and the bees
Or the birds and the birds
But I wish you had turned when I had turned back
I'd turn back the clocks if I thought we could stay still long enough

So maybe it's good
You're not here in Detroit
It's colder here, you see
And the stars aren't as bright as you'd like
But still, there's a place for you in Detroit
My heart's on my sleeve
Wish you feet would come darken my door

You
You and me
I mean, we
Could both be
Here in Detroit
Here in Detroit
Here in Detroit

Both of them look exhausted and drenched in sweat by the time the song is over, and the show isn't even halfway done yet. "Thank you so much," Nichole sounds, out of breath, to the audience with a smile. She pauses for a moment, looking down at her keyboard, and then back up at the crowd. "I forgot what I wanted to play next..." she admits with a laugh, and the crowd responds by yelling out requests. "Wait, only one of you talk at a time, I can't hear you," she says jokingly as she leans in, trying to make out specific requests. "Oh! I heard the song I wanted to play! Okay, yes! Here to go! Onward!" Nichole turns her head to Castor and mouths the name of the song, and Castor nods before beginning to play My Phoenixes. The crowd responds loudly, excited to hear the title song of their second album - which was released almost a year ago - but also because they know the type of show that Castor will put on during this song. My Phoenixes is extremely drum-driven, with a two minute instrumental opening before Nichole even opens her mouth. Castor takes this time to move very dramatically as he plays, alternating between standing up and sitting down, his arms almost flailing in a controlled way as he plays, drawing all attention to himself. Even Nichole - who has seen Castor perform this song many many times - is drawn to watching him while she sings. It's not often that Castor is the focus of the show, and Nichole is more than happy to let him take that focus from her for this song.

When the song comes to an end, the crowd is almost hysterical. Castor stands up and takes a bow as Nichole raises her hands to him. "Mr. Castor Drake, ladies and gentlemen!" she introduces him again, smiling brightly at her best friend.

Nichole and Castor both stand up from their instruments and make their way to the front of the stage, Nichole with mic in hand. A stagehand comes out and hands Castor a guitar, which he straps around his bare torso. Nichole smiles at a few people close to the stage and then looks out across the vast audience. "How many of you guys were at the first show in Mesa?" she asks, and a group of people cheer loudly. "Wow, you guys need to get lives." The crowd laughs. "Anyway, I don't know if you guys saw Police Code that night, but they did an amazing cover of Neutral Milk Hotel's Song Against Sex. And I may have mentioned on Twitter that I would possibly do a Neutral Milk Hotel cover as well." She pauses as the crowd cheers loudly again, making her smile even wider. Nichole turns and gives a small nod to Castor, who begins playing Neutral Milk Hotel's Two-Headed Boy. It's an especially difficult song to sing - unless you're Jeff Mangum - but Nichole adds her own Vile Hour flair to it, her loud and emotional voice perfect for the song. Both her and Castor give their all as Nichole wildly expresses the desperation of the lyrics with her voice and hands, sometimes covering half of her face with her hands like she were sobbing as she sings.

Two-headed boy
All floating in glass
The sun it has passed
Now it's blacker than black
I can hear as you tap on your jar

I am listening to hear where you are
I am listening to hear where you are

Two-headed boy
Put on Sunday shoes
And dance round the room to accordion keys
With the needle that sings in your heart

Catching signals that sound in the dark
Catching signals that sound in the dark

We will take off our clothes
And they'll be lacing fingers through the notches in your spine
And when all is breaking everything that you could keep inside
Now your eyes ain't moving now
They just lay there in their climb

Two-headed boy
With pulleys and weights
Creating a radio played just for two
In the parlor with a moon across her face

And through the music he sweetly displays
Silver speakers that sparkle all day
Made for his lover who's floating
And choking with her hands across her face

And in the dark we will take off our clothes
And they'll be lacing fingers through the notches in your spine
And when all is breaking everything that you could keep inside
Now your eyes ain't moving now
They just lay there in their climb

Two-headed boy
There is no reason to grieve
The world that you need is wrapped in gold silver sleeves
Left beneath Christmas trees in the snow

And I will take you and leave you alone
Watching spirals of white softly flow
Over your eyelids and all you did
Will wait until the point when you let go

Do-do, do-do, do-do-do-do-do
Do-do, do-do, do-do-do-do-do

By the end of the song, as the song slows to a mellow and tired beat, Nichole leans on Castor and sings the final lines - Do-do, do-do, do-do-do-do-do... do-do, do-do, do-do-do-do-do - as he plays the song out. Although many people in the audience knew the words to the song, they refrained from singing so that they could hear Nichole's performance of the song, so the massive cheer from the audience when the song is finished is shockingly loud. Nichole hugs Castor as the loud of the crowd washes over her and she regains her composure after such an emotional cover. They pulls back from each other and Castor goes to put down the guitar near his drum set. "That's Mr. Castor Drake on the guitar, ladies and gentlemen, in case you didn't know," Nichole says, pointing at Castor as he moves behind her. She turns and goes back to her piano, placing herself behind it with a sigh, feeling back at home with her instrument. "If you don't have Neutral Milk Hotel's In The Aeroplane Over the Sea record, I suggest you go out and buy it tomorrow. You should know that album. Or come hang out with us after the show. We'll playing it in our bus and make you all be really quiet while you listen. Just come see us. We'll make sure you know." The crowd cheers at Nichole's invitation and she nods, looking very serious about her offer. She situates herself behind her piano and smiles. "And now we'll play a Vile Hour song." The crowd cheers. "This song is from our most recent album. We originally did this song with the fantastically talented Ryan Williams-" She pauses as the crowd reacts to hearing Ryan's name. "But tonight, it'll just be me. This song is called I Don't Know If This is a Love Song." The song definitely as a different feeling in this live version than it does on the album. Nichole slows down the fairly fast song, giving it a more jazz club feeling as she plays. As she plays, two women come out on stage dressed in short black modest dresses, wearing suits under their dress to make it appear like they are pregnant. Their makeup is done in the Vile Hour mime fashion, and they each hold a wooden mallet in one of their hands. As the song plays, they robotically dance to the song, miming like they are hitting each other in the belly with the wooden mallets as Nichole sings. The slowed down tempo and this performance from the two "pregnant" women give the song an entirely new meaning, and lyrics like, And I don't know if this a love song / But you have made your mark" seems to have an almost sinister and bitter feeling to them rather than of one of confusion in love. The performance could be just another moment of Vile Hour shock-and-awe that they are known for - or it could be a reference to the fact that when Nichole was writing and producing this song, she was pregnant with her now ex-husband's children, and she's changed the meaning of the song to fit how she feels about her ex-husband now.

I tried to write you a tango
But all we could do was stumble
And I wanted to whisper in your ear
But all that came out was a jumble of mumbles
I don't know you wanted to hear

And I don't know if this a love song
But you have made your mark
You have made your mark
We met each other's matches
Then we set the house on fire
And our faces glowed in the flame light

So hold out, hold out, hold out your palm
And offer it to me, offer it to me
And give me, give me, give me something real
So real that I can hardly breathe

The Green Woman, she said,
"You know this can't last,
So stick your tongue out at life
And just get what you can, what you can
While you can
And you can."

We sharpened our claws on each other
Didn't leave a scratch
No, we didn't leave a scratch
But you tap, tap, tapped my body's hollows
To the count of three (one, two)
To the count of three
One, two, three

And the Oak Men said to me,
"Look inside yourself
And you'll find what you need
What you need."
While you need
And I need...

And I'm not sure if this is a love song
You have made your mark
And our faces glowed, our faces glowed

Nichole takes a long piano solo, which was not part of the original album version of the song, but works well with this new jazzy version of it. As she plays, the two "pregnant" women exit the stage and go into the crowd, milling around, their expressionless faces making everybody generally uncomfortable when they approach them. Much to the surprise of the people in the crowd, the piano solo slowly begins to transition into a completely different song, and Nichole begins singing George Michael's Careless Whisper. The audience doesn't really know to react to this sudden change, but they don't seem too terribly shocked that Vile Hour would throw some random song into the mix. She sings the chorus of Careless Whisper once before quickly transitioning back into I Don't Know if This is a Love Song and finishing the song. As she sings the last verse, the two "pregnant" girls return to the stage and take awkward, robotic bows before exiting the stage at the end of the song.

I'm never gonna dance again
Guilty feet have got no rhythm
Though it's easy to pretend
I know you're not a fool

And I can't tell if this is a love song
You have made your mark
Oh, how our faces glowed in the flame light

Part 2 below!
thanks 2 users thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
Clampdown on 28/06/2014(UTC), erich hess on 28/06/2014(UTC)
Offline snap_itshannah  
#46 Posted : 28 June 2014 08:14:10(UTC)
snap_itshannah

Woman
United States

Live from Las Vegas: Vile Hour - Part 2

"Thank you," Nichole says when the song has ended and the performers are starting to retreat back to the stage. "Ladies and gentlemen, Ms. Sarka Sebelova, Ms. Marie Chourova, and Ms. Stanislava Hudakova." The crowd cheer even louder for the performance that they gave, no matter how uncomfortable it made all the people in the surrounding area. "Okay, this next song is another song that we originally did as a collaboration with somebody else. This is one that we did with the adorable Clara Thompson-" She pauses as the crowd reacts, all of them knowing what song she's talking about - The Single Song. "It seems like many of you know the song that I'm talking about. Castor and I went on Twitter, and asked for our fans to send us their most embarrassing/horrible/funny break-up stories ever - and everybody was very willing to do so. We received over 600 break-up stories, some through Twitter, some through email, some even from people just walking up to us and telling us what happened. So we wrote all of them down on pieces of paper, put them in a hat in the recording studio, and as Clara and I were recording the song, we would pull out these pieces of paper and read them into the mic, making them part of the song. It all worked out pretty well, so we decided to do it again, but with you guys." She smiles as the audience cheers for her idea. "So our own Ms. Sarka and Marie have gotten together a volunteer group of people to come up and read their break-up stories for us for this song. So here they are!" A group of seven people cross from off-stage left to the center of the stage, led by Sarka and Marie, both dressed in modest dresses - looking fairly normal since their earlier performances. It's obvious that the seven audience members they chose are fans of Vile Hour, as seen by the costumes that they all chose to wear to the concert. The men are dressed in very Castor Drake type clothing - bowler hats, suspenders. One is in a full three-piece suit. The women's costumes range from sexy cabaret burlesque type clothing to masquerade party get-up. "You are all extremely beautiful people," Nichole tells them as they all line up behind a microphone between Castor and Nichole's instruments. Some look nervous, but some look extremely confident. "Alright, audience. Please help your Warped Tour comrades and sing this song along with us: Ladies and gentlemen, The Single Song!" As the song starts, the group of seven fans, led by Sarka and Marie, begin swaying back and forth to the beat of the song. This is new for Sarka and Marie, who have before seen moving very robotically and emotionless, but now seem to be truly enjoying themselves. They begin running around the stage and doing their own little dances - much resembling the type of dance that you would do alone in your room when nobody's watching - as the volunteer back up singers stay behind at their mic, still swaying.

Everyone I flirt with has another lover, I discover
Or they want to keep me for eternity
Everyone I sleep with have a pre-existing non-commitment
Or need a place to live with urgency

And where's the fun in that?
No, thanks
I think I'm staying single

The ants go marching two-by-two into the night without emerging
Urging me to stay at home and watch TV
And at five AM, I hear them screaming empty words devoid of meaning
It could be orgasm or agony

And where's the fun in that?!
Fuck, I don't know, guys...

And at night there's no finer
Than being home with wine
And I'm ignoring all the signs of my own nunnery
But if someone were to love me
They might hold that love above me
And I'd never get enough of all their wants and needs
They'd play the game and then I'd lose
I'd rip it up and kill the mood
And then I'd give them attitude
No way

Fuck you!
Oh, wait, no, let's not
Because I'm staying single
Keep yourself to yourself
I am staying single
I don't really care if you're in an open relationship
That still means you're taken, fuckwit
I am staying single
You left me for a midget Nazi
So I'm staying single
You took all of my money and ran away to Canberra
What the fuck is the point of Canberra as a city anyway?
I'm staying single

Now the part that everybody in the audience has been waiting for: The break-up confessions. Each person in the line of volunteers takes their turn telling a short version of their break-up as they go down the line, with Nichole singing after every story, "So I'm staying single.".

"Thanks to Twitter, I've broken up with somebody I've never even met. Twice."
So I'm staying single

"My psycho ex kept leaving inappropriate messages on my Facebook wall."
So they're staying single

"I fell in love with a guy while in a musical about zombies, but apparently when I'm not playing the piano or soaked in fake blood, I'm not so appealing."
It's good you're staying single

"Nothing says, 'Fuck off you pathetic excuse for a human,' like a random drunken pass from a girl who you thought was a guy."
I'm staying single

"We mutually agreed that we could both just do better."
Now they're both single

"Realized an ex was actually a distant cousin at the funeral of a mutual relative."
So I'm staying single

"I never got over the heart-wrenching break-up with my first boyfriend when I was twelve years old."
Aw, I'm staying single

Nichole sings her own break up, and then finishes the song out.

"You left me after I gave birth to your three children, and now they don't even really know who their father is, you stupid Canadian twit."
I am staying single!

Your name is...
Erica
So I'm staying...
In a totally committed relationship now

The crowd goes absolutely crazy after the song ends, loving the reference to Nichole's very public relationship with Erica Kobayashi, and also her divorce from her ex-husband, Sam Fischer. Nichole basks in their cheers for a moment, letting Sarka and Marie take their bows as she does. "Give it up for the Warped Tour Volunteer... Random... Singing... Break-up... People! And for our lovely friends, Sarka and Marie!" After all other people have exited the stage except for her and Castor, they begin My Own Personal Oz without any introduction, although several people could guess what they're about to play when Castor grabs his guitar once again and begins strumming on it. My Own Personal Oz is a one of a kind Vile Hour song, where they used just Nichole's voice and the guitar as accompany it. It's a crowd favorite and one of their five singles off of My Phoenixes, so most people know it. In a traditional crowd participation move, by the end of the song, almost everybody in the crowd is clapping along with the beat of the song, and there's a general atmosphere of everybody having a great time. When the song ends, that feeling remains as Castor says over the sound of their cheers, "Thank you very much!"

"Yes, thank you," Nichole concurs, taking a sip from her water bottle as she goes back to her piano. "Alright, we have a couple more songs for you. This next song is a song about love. Kinda. I wrote this song when I found out that I was pregnant. It's called... Plan B." The song, Plan B is a favorite not only of Nichole's, but also of many audience members as it's a very personal look into Nichole's marriage to Sam Fischer, and their reaction when they found out that Nichole was pregnant. It's a very quick song, but one that means a lot to her, so she plays it at every show Vile Hour partakes in.

When the song ends, Nichole lets out a long sigh. "We have one more song for you guys," she says, the crowd reacting in disappointment to the nearing end of the show. "It's a song that I wrote almost two years ago, and then recorded a year later. I hope everybody sings along. It's my favorite song we've ever written." The song starts off very softly, but the crowd knows immediately what song it is - most of them knowing just by the description that Nichole gives beforehand. Almost everybody in the crowd sings along. Many of them light sparklers and sway them in time with the song.

Your tomorrow is raining all over my today
And it's hard to hear that it's over, you say
But it's love
It's love

And the moonlit cracks on our window
Leave spins of light in the dust
You gather your things in the fluoro-lit night
And I think I'll be alright

You could tell me anything
And I'd believe it
You're so sure of your own heart
Your heart
But it's love
It's love

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage

I shed people like snakes shed skin
I'm not proud of it, I'm not proud
But you can't find your way out of me

Sarka and Marie appear in the audience again, this time pushing fans to go up on stage and sing with Nichole and Castor. They repeat the last lines a few more times, each time growing with more intensity and emotion until the last time when the song ends on a high.

I shed people like snakes shed skin!

All the lights come up on stage, showing all the people that have joined them. The crowd roars as Nichole stands up from her piano and throws her hands into the air. "Thank you! Goodnight!" she screams. Her and Castor make their way to the front of the stage with Sarka, Marie, Stanislava, and Juliane Baier. All of them take a bow together before Nichole and Castor step in front of them and take bows themselves. The crowd continues to scream as they do so. "Thank you so much for everybody whose been a part of this!" Nichole continues over the sound of the crowd. "All the performers, all the Warped Tour bands... There's too many of you to mention, but all of you are so wonderful, thank you! And thank you guys! You guys fucking rocked it!"

Castor joins in. "Exactly, thank you so much, guys. I just wanted to say that today is almost two years from the day that we released our first single, and we're so happy that you guys are here to celebrate that with us, thank you so much! We love you!"

Nichole and Castor exit backstage. The other performers mill around on stage for a little bit after before finally exiting. The crowd stays surrounding the stage.

Vile Hour: Encore

It's starts like a wave through the audience. One person starts singing the final line from Like Snakes over and over again, the way that they had before, and then another person joins in, and then another person joins in, and then another, and so-on-and-so-on. Eventually the whole crowd is singing this verse over and over, asking for an encore from Vile Hour. Of course, Nichole and Castor wait them out a little bit before returning to the stage, but they do eventually. Their hair and makeup is redone, and this look much less disheveled than before. Nichole has taken off her The Who shirt to show that underneath it, she's wearing a black and white bustier underneath. Castor, of course, is still rocking it out with no shirt on.

They wordlessly take position at the front of the stage, Castor with his guitar in his hand and Nichole with her mic. They say nothing, but immediately begin singing Mein Herr from the musical, Cabaret. There's some strong sexual tension between Nichole and Castor as they play the song together. Often times, Nichole will be leaning on Castor and grabbing at him, her low voice making the already mildly sexual song even more so. During the second chorus, Nichole literally lays on the ground of the stage, alternating between each leg, kicking them in a chorus girl fashion while Castor suggestively stands above her, his legs on either side of her head. As she sings this part, she suggestively grabs at his pants and legs, causing several hoots and hollers from the crowd. Although off-stage, there is absolutely no sexual attraction between Castor and Nichole, they can sure as hell fake it on stage.

You have to understand the way I am,
Mein Herr.
A tiger is a tiger, not a lamb.
Mein Herr.
You'll never turn the vinegar to jam,
Mein Herr.
So I do...
What I do...
When I'm through...
Then I'm through...
And I'm through...
Toodle-oo!

Bye-Bye, Mein Lieber Herr.
Farewell, mein Lieber Herr.
It was a fine affair,
But now it's over.
And though I used to care,
I need the open air.
You're better off without me,
Mein Herr.

Don't dab your eye, mein Herr,
Or wonder why, Mein Herr.
I've always told you I was a rover.
You mustn't knit your brow,
You should have known by now
You'd every cause to doubt me,
Mein, Herr.

The continent of Europe is so wide,
Mein Herr.
Not only up and down, but side to side,
Mein Herr.
I couldn't ever cross it if I tried,
Mein Herr.
So I do..
What I can...
Inch by inch...
Step by step...
Mile by mile...
Man by man.

Bye-Bye, Mein Lieber Herr.
It was a fine affair,
But now it's over.
And though I used to care,
I need the open air.
You're better off without me,
Mein Herr.

Don't dab your eye, mein Herr,
Or wonder why, Mein Herr.
I've always told you I was a rover.
You mustn't knit your brow,
You should have known by now
You'd every cause to doubt me,
Mein, Herr.

Bye-bye, mein Lieber Herr,
Auf wiedersehen, mein Herr.
Es war sehr gut, mein Herr
Und vorbei.
Du kennst mich wohl, mein Herr,
Ach, lebe wohl, mein Herr.
Du sollst mich nicht mehr sehen,
Mein Herr.

Bye-bye, mein Lieber
Herr...
Auf weidersehen,
Mein Herr.
Es war sehr gut,
Und Vorbei.
Du kennst
Mich wohl,
Mein Herr...

Bye-Bye, Mein Lieber Herr;
It was a fine affair,
But now it's over.
And though I-
Used to care,
I need the-
Open air.

You're better off
Without me
You'll get on
Without me
You'll be fine
Without me
Mein
Herr!

During the last verse of the song, Nichole throws herself into the audience, crowd surfing while kicking her legs up in the air in the same chorus girl fashion, singing the final lines of the song. Several fans rush to touch Nichole and she ventures through the front section of the crowd before they deliver her back to her stage. Her recently fixed hair is once again messed up and frizzy, but she doesn't seem to notice or care - and neither does the crowd. "Mr. Castor Drake once again on the guitar, ladies and gentlemen," she introduces him before they both go back to their respective instruments and position themselves behind them. Without saying another word, they begin playing the beginning to Goodbye, Nichole's especially angry song that she wrote to Erica Kobayashi during one of their darker times. "One... two... ONE, TWO, FUCK YOU!" she screams before beginning to sing. Out of all the songs that they've played tonight, Goodbye is definitely the most angry and passionate, causing Nichole to have to put a lot of herself into the performance of it. Because it is a song that was written about Erica, who Nichole is now dating, many people are surprised that Nichole has played it at all - much less saved it for her encore. But as Nichole has said before, a song is a song and doesn't deserved to be forgotten just because the situation has changed.

Thank you, yes, I guess that's the word I've been searching for for you
It took four months and a lot of cigarettes for me to arrive at this one, yes, ma'am
Thank you for taking the other point of view in a story that we set in concrete
Thank you for taking advantage of my insecurities, you really are a pal

Oh, I'm not one to linger in the past
But my dreams won't let sleeping dogs lie
So I guess you deserve a little song in this book
Before we say goodbye

I don't know how you justify your predatory nature to all other folks
It seems to me that it's much easier to be the masked ride than the wheels or the spokes
I can't forgive and I can't forget, I just relieve and occasionally regret
I sincerely doubt that I'm going to call
So maybe it's time you should call somebody who cares

Before we say goodbye

Thanks for being horny
When I was much the same
I'm sorry I wasn't a little more responsive
The moment you came
Through my door

Before we say goodbye

Wait... fuck you! Yes, I guess that's the phrase I've been searching for all of this time
It took a lot of time for me to forgive my carnivorous curiosities
It takes two to tango, and two to fuck, I hope in tango you might have more luck
But I'll propose a toast to you anyway, because four months later, I'm okay!

Well, apparently, I am one to linger in the past
And my dreams won't let sleeping dogs lie
The next time that you and I say goodbye

All the lights go out on the stage and in the pitch black, Nichole and Castor exit again before the lights can come back up to show a lonely stage with only their instruments on it.

Vile Hour: Second Encore

The crowd refuses to leave, crowding again together in a random act of brotherly concert love as they all begin to sing Vile Hour's See You Again. The crowd gets about four verses into the song before Nichole and Castor come back out on stage, waving at their fans before taking a seat behind their instruments again. "Guys... go home..." Nichole says into the mic, sounding tired but happy. "We'll play just one more song for you guys, but then you have to go home, I'm serious. Don't you guys have families?" The crowd roars with happiness when Nichole announces that she'll do one more song for them. She plays a couple of notes on her piano, thinking of what song she wants to play. "Oh! Okay..." she says to herself when she thinks of one. "This song is obviously not my song. This song is by a woman that I would refer to as my family in any setting ever. She's beautiful, crazy, and my girlfriend's sister: Mariko Kobayashi." The crowd screams for Mariko's name and Nichole smiles. "This song is called Submissive Japanese Girl." Nichole does very little to change the song from Mariko's original, but the song fits perfectly with Vile Hour's type of music anyway. It's an emotional song, but Nichole has a certain emotional detachment from it that she doesn't have in other songs. Although she does a beautiful cover of Mariko's song, she makes sure that people know that this isn't a song that she can claim as her own - these are Mariko's words, not her's. She's just the vessel.

She was only seventeen, innocent and naive to the ways of the world
Too naive to know that paying for bad choices
Is a check that never bounces
She was a submissive Japanese girl

You were fresh out of high school
A killing machine without a test run
First time on your own
You know what you want
You want a submissive Japanese girl

She never stood a chance against you
Small and easily crushed to dust
Now she is easy to control, like a rickety kite on an iron tether

Your hand can cover her entire face
Your foot, her chest
You like to hear her cry, it must mean she loves you
You make what is done for pleasure, a punishment
You made her a submissive Japanese girl

She would look out the window, at help just out of reach
She knew help may as well be in the center of the universe
She was in a desert with no passing caravans
She would die here, and she accepted it

When you were dying on that sandy street, did you think about the girl you were setting free?
Did you think your spilled blood looked like hers?
Did you even give her a second thought?
Probably not, she was just another submissive Japanese girl

The song ends and Nichole pauses for a moment, letting the crowd cheer for a moment before speaking to them again. "Thank you. If you're not listening to Erica or Mariko Kobayashi, you're really doing yourself a great injustice, because both of them are amazing. I mean, I'm a little bias, but really. They're great." She smiles. "I know I said just one song, but I think we have time for one more..." The crowd cheers loudly again. "Yeah. I think most of you guys know this song, so please sing along with me. Last song, guys!"

We are the lucky ones
We speak with the same tones with our feet
Planting simultaneously

We are the chosen few
We reek of our future
No matter how hard we try, we can't run

We are no longer who we were
We are no longer who we were

We are no longer us
We walked different ways to find ourselves
Far from the places we call home

Your pale skin was soft the day you left
Pillow creases in my bed
Wrinkled reminder of your shape
Someday I will see you again
Someday I will see you again

Love, air will be bitter
And sweet on the morning when we meet, since the last time you held me
I'll offer words, you'll see them, too
We will spit out all our news and our written rehearsed lines

With these words, I will relearn you
With these words, I will relearn you
And someday, I will see you again
And someday, I will see you again

"Thank you so much, guys!" Nichole shouts to the crowd as the last note is being played. "You guys have been so wonderful! We love you, goodnight!" Both Nichole and Castor walk to the center front of the stage and bow before the lights go out on the stage again and they exit in the darkness.

Setlist:
1. My Future Twentieth High School Reunion
2. Home
3. Sympathies with Satan
4. So Pretty; So Lonely
5. Here in Detroit
6. My Phoenixes
7. Two-Headed Boy (Neutral Milk Hotel cover)
8. I Don't Know if This is a Love Song/Careless Whisper (George Michael cover)
9. Without You
10. For My Father
11. The Single Song
12. My Own Personal Oz
13. Plan B
14. Like Snakes
ENCORE:
15. Mein Herr (from the musical Cabaret)
16. Goodbye
SECOND ENCORE:
17. Submissive Japanese Girl (Mariko Kobayashi cover)
18. See You Again
thanks 1 user thanked snap_itshannah for this useful post.
erich hess on 28/06/2014(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#47 Posted : 29 June 2014 00:32:00(UTC)
genocidal king

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Josh Meyer comes out of the Molly's Chamber bus when it stops in Seattle. The band had been delayed in getting here, but luckily they weren't on until later in the day. He stretches and yawns before putting his snapback on and walks across the parking lot to see if there's anyone else around.
UserPostedImage
Offline Clampdown  
#48 Posted : 29 June 2014 05:08:18(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

The Police Code van pulls up to the venue, they were glad to be back in their hometown again. "It's so great to be back home. I'm going to change up my gear, my cables are starting to suffer the ramifications of touring. Also a change of guitars wouldn't kill me." Jared says. Erica starts smoking on the side of the van. "Also, a change of cigarettes would be nice. These are terrible."
Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:

Offline genocidal king  
#49 Posted : 29 June 2014 05:12:48(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

As Josh is wandering, he sees a van pull into the parking lot and looks across at it. Most of the bands were on buses, so it was cool to him to see someone kicking it old school. When he sees Police Code climb out of their van, he smiles across at them. They were one of a few acts he hadn't got the chance to talk to yet. "Hey," Josh calls, giving the band a little salute.
UserPostedImage
Offline Clampdown  
#50 Posted : 29 June 2014 05:16:33(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

Erica waves at him and they walk over to him. "Hey there! Welcome to our hometown."
Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:

Offline genocidal king  
#51 Posted : 29 June 2014 05:26:29(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Josh smiles at the friendly welcome from the band and decides to walk over. For a first meeting, he would have liked to have brought a gift, but he checked his pockets and all he had was half a packet of gum so he abandoned that plan. "Hey," he says. "lovely city you have here. Is this where Frasier is from too?"
UserPostedImage
Offline Clampdown  
#52 Posted : 29 June 2014 06:02:18(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

"Yep, and Grey's Anatomy, which are two of the worst shows I've ever seen." Erica laughs "No offense if you watch Fraiser. Oh! Don't forget we used to have an NBA team but I believe they became the Oklahoma City Thunder or something like that."
Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:

Offline genocidal king  
#53 Posted : 29 June 2014 06:10:09(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Josh raises a surprise eyebrow. "Not Frasier fans eh? I didn't know such a thing existed." He laughs and puts his hands in his pockets. "You guys should rejoice at the fame. I'm from Portland. All we have that's famous there is me. And that's not much fun," he chuckles.
UserPostedImage
Offline Clampdown  
#54 Posted : 29 June 2014 06:21:09(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

"Nothing famous but it's a beautiful state. Especially the smaller towns, ever been to Coos Bay? Best small town ever." Erica says as she pulls out a pack of cigarettes. "Fuck this is my last one, I guess I have to live this smoke up." She says sarcastically.
Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:

Offline genocidal king  
#55 Posted : 29 June 2014 06:26:52(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

"Ah, Coos Bay! I'm surprised you know it. My mother used to take me to Mingus Park to feed the ducks. Good memories. I might go when this rolls into Oregon next week." Josh laughs a little at Erica's comment. "Have they not paid you yet? Never mind I'm sure you could manage to get one of your fans to loan you a cigarette." He laughs. "So are you two like...a couple?" he asks tentatively.
UserPostedImage
Offline Clampdown  
#56 Posted : 29 June 2014 06:37:14(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

No, none of us are involved with each other. Our bassist is dating the frontman for Some Kind of Planet, I'm single, our drummer has a girlfriend--" Rodger interrupts
"Well of course I do, all drummers get laid."
Erica laughs "Anyway, and our guitarist is....?"
"I'm single as well." Jared says
"Off topic, but I'm surprised you know Coos Bay as well, I've got a lot of family scattered in that area so I get to go there often." Erica says
Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:

Offline genocidal king  
#57 Posted : 29 June 2014 06:47:25(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

"That's true. My drummer always gets laid. I feel sorry for the rest of my band though. They all have girlfriends back in Australia. Poor bastards," he chuckles. "Happily single or looking? I've seen some hot ladies walking about these tours and ain't no one should be alone on tour. It can get boring." He smiles at Erica. "My grandmother grew up there actually. Do you get there very often? I haven't been in so long since I moved to London. God I hope those poor ducks haven't starved..."
UserPostedImage
Offline Clampdown  
#58 Posted : 29 June 2014 06:51:00(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

"I haven't been there in a while but the last time I went the ducks looked like a million bucks so no worries." She smiles "And yes, I'm looking."
Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:

Offline genocidal king  
#59 Posted : 29 June 2014 07:00:04(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

"Excellent. I'll ask my mom to pop by with some loaves for them soon," he laughs. "Oh you're looking also, Erica? I'd recommend my drummer as the only single guy I know, but he does spread himself around. I think you'd want to swab him first," he jokes.
UserPostedImage
Offline Clampdown  
#60 Posted : 29 June 2014 07:06:33(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

Erica laughs "Oh shit, someone's a player. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll definitely hang out after our set.
Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters: