logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Famouss7x7  
#1 Posted : 16 September 2014 17:35:04(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)

UserPostedImage
Release Date: 9/21/14
Genre: Indie Pop, Synth Pop,
Songwriters: Christian Fallon, Cristina Lake
Producers: Tim Anderson
From The Album: Toxic Woman

The fourth quarter of 2014 is in full effect! With many album slated for release before the end of the year music has been more interesting then ever! One specific female who has also been quietly gearing up the release of their new album is Cristina Lake! The last time we heard from Cristina Lake musically she let us in on some very important details having to do with her new album entitled "Toxic Woman". Over a span of time Cristina Lake made it obvious that the album is quite different from her previous work and that this album ventures off in lyrical content and really shows Cristina Lake's layers as a musician. Cristina has stated that the album is her "most adventurous yet" and found that letting go of so much baggage during her last album in 2012's number 1 "Chasing The Renegades", she knew that with this album she had an overall feeling of new found freedom, happiness and inspiration to write and speak about other things and the new album that she named "Toxic Woman" does just that.

Cristina has been recording the album for a long time, only taking a brief break to record a hit television series alongside fellow singer Allison Cooper but as soon that was over Lak, got right back into the studio and promised a release before the new year, and Cristina is intent on keeping her promise. It's been a while since the last album and the fans of the singer and actress want to know exactly what she has been cooking up in the studio. In preparation for the album, Cristina released a promotional video setting up the preparation for the album is an appetizer for her supporters. The first single which was entitled "Long Distance Lies" was released on May 25th, 2014 and topped the charts. The song ventured away from any other single that Cristina had done before. Most of her singles derive from heartbreak from losing a loved one. It was a breath of fresh air for her to move onto a different topic of a long distance love turning out to be nothing but a lie, the unique nature of the track gave Cristina Lake her very first #1 solo single and even a nomination for Best Indie/Rock single at the Fan Choice Awards. With the success of Long Distance Lies, Cristina was massively happy and even taken off guard since she wasn't sure if her fans would take to the different subject and it turns out she made the right decision to step out of her comfort zone for the new album as fans are loving the newly confident and sinister like Cristina Lake. Today, we get the latest single before the release of Toxic Woman the album, which is the title track.

Toxic Woman is the latest single by Indie recording artist, songwriter and actress Cristina Lake. The record is quite different from previous releases from the Indie princess. On one hand, this is the first time Cristina has worked with producer and songwriter Christian Fallon who played a big part with writing process of the single alongside Cristina as well as with the songs official producer Tim Anderson. With "Toxic Woman", all three wanted to create a track that could pretty much define the album as well and from the very start of the track you get the feeling of a sinister, weary but moving feeling. This is actually one of the first times Cristina has done an upbeat track of this nature but on the bright side, she sounds absolutely flawless and doesn't dare to get lost in the production of the record. In the track, Cristina's highly recognizable haunting vocals croon over a medley of chunky synths, zig-zagging layers of percussion, and random studio noise that mix perfectly dark indie pop beat and even though it may seem different for her, she sounds right at home on this very potent track. Throughout the track Cristina speaks about a very relatable topic and it is quite questionable if Cristina is actually speaking about herself where she sings out lines like: I guess I’m a sucker for the bad guys\Tattoo’s and torn jeans\Bad decisions and real big dreams\But they only seem to lead me to destruction|But these days I’m embracing the wild\: Maybe even giving us an answer as to her recent behavior or confidence and what not. Cristina sings about embracing the wild and being a Toxic Woman as she's letting go of all regrets and embracing another side in which she's "bad" as she sings using an analogy of smoking away every last regret before smiling and realizing it's just her. To be quite frank, the lyrical content and song is bad ass and continues this new found attitude of Cristina Lake that people are seriously beginning to fall in love with. At one point Cristina was in the shadow of her own self and its so good to see her singing about letting go and sound bad ass as well. Throughout the track Cristina sounds intimidating over the dark uptempoed indie pop/synth beat with a very menacing chorus that could find home on the radio although this is not necessarily what you would call a mainstream record but it is certainly very catchy, tells a strong story and most of all seriously sets us up for Cristina Lake's new album "Toxic Woman".

"So good to release the new single off of the album. Seems like it's been longer but it's been four months since the release of Long Distance Lies and I felt September would be a perfect release date for the second single and I chose Toxic Woman as the newest single before the album is released early next month. I got the chance to write with Christian Fallon who is extremely talented at what he does as well as Tim Anderson. I wanted to give my fans something different. Something fresh and for one different then the previous release. Long Distance Lies was more rock driven and very slow. This is more uptempoed, upbeat, confident and really just "carefee" if you will and that's kind of where the album is taking us. It takes us on a carefree journey of letting go and learning from different experiences that really in the end just made me this "toxic" woman. Different experiences changes who you are and I want to embrace a carefree side not only musically but in my personal life as well, and it definitely shows in the music. I'm having fun. This record takes a quick turn from the beginning through the verses and choruses. In the beginning it starts off slow and very depressing and it changes in attitude and I know my listeners will be able to pick that up as soon as they hear this new record. There's so much material on the album that I genuinely enjoyed recording and writing and experimenting with and I just can't wait for you all to hear it and my growth as a musician. Big thanks to Christian and Tim with this one. Hope you all enjoy this and get ready for Toxic Woman's single and then album release!

I’m staring from my bedroom window
Wondering if I was right to have ever let you go
Because now the glow from the streetlight
Appears to be the only shine coming through these shades
Trying to break through the darkness of my life which seems to just cascade
And here I’m standing alone
In this whiskey haze

I just light a cigarette
Smoke away every last regret
And ponder why everybody has to leave
But I just pout and smile
It’s just goes along with the style
Baby, this is just me

I’m a toxic woman
I love passionately and free
If you want fairytales and pretty pictures
Then your future ain’t with me
I’m a toxic woman

I guess I’m a sucker for the bad guys
Tattoo’s and torn jeans
Bad decisions and real big dreams
But they only seem to lead me to destruction
But these days I’m embracing the wild
No longer empty and sad
I’m filled with passion inside

So I’ll just light a cigarette
Smoke away every last regret
And ponder why everybody has to leave
But I’ll just pout and smile
It just goes along with the style
Baby, this is just me

I’m a toxic woman
I’m a toxic woman
Then your future ain’t with me”

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 14 users thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 16/09/2014(UTC), erich hess on 16/09/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 16/09/2014(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 16/09/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 17/09/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 17/09/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 17/09/2014(UTC), Magiiiic on 17/09/2014(UTC), mebeme101 on 17/09/2014(UTC), freestylechamp on 17/09/2014(UTC), genocidal king on 17/09/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 19/09/2014(UTC), Mckenzie- on 21/09/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 28/09/2014(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 16 September 2014 23:28:04(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17917 time(s) in 10411 post(s)
Erich: like the flying dutchman,you never know when or where Cristina is going to show up. But you can be assured it will always be a light and sound spectacular.

Karoliena:*jazz hands*
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline Famouss7x7  
#3 Posted : 17 September 2014 03:34:31(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erich: like the flying dutchman,you never know when or where Cristina is going to show up. But you can be assured it will always be a light and sound spectacular.

Karoliena:*jazz hands*

Cristina: You know Erich. I never really go anywhere. I am just not an avid social network user and that sometimes may seem like we are 'gone' he he. Thanks for your kind words. Glad you enjoy sweetheart !
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
erich hess on 17/09/2014(UTC)
Offline Magiiiic  
#4 Posted : 17 September 2014 06:04:42(UTC)
Magiiiic

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 27 post(s)
OOC: You don't know how much i love you for using the BANKS soundalike lol. I love when you write for Christina Lake. It's always top notch and deep. I'm looking forward to the album!
Am I stalking your account and infiltrating your threads ?
DO NOT FRET !!! This is Semeria(kandii)
My password's being a bitch so I'm using a temporary account

UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#5 Posted : 17 September 2014 07:49:45(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: Magiiiic Go to Quoted Post
OOC: You don't know how much i love you for using the BANKS soundalike lol. I love when you write for Christina Lake. It's always top notch and deep. I'm looking forward to the album!

OOC: Yaaas Banks is that betch! Lol I didn't even know people knew of her but this was perfect for the sound of Cristina's and thanks so much! Gotta give Andrew some credit though cause he helped me with the lyrics while I was on terrible writers block haha. Thanks so much for checking this out! The album is done :))
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
Magiiiic on 17/09/2014(UTC)
Offline Clampdown  
#6 Posted : 17 September 2014 09:22:13(UTC)
Clampdown

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1095 time(s) in 398 post(s)
Noel: I can't help but be reminded of Britney Spear's Toxic, not a very good song. But this, could easily replace the Britney Spears song.

OOC: Nice job on the lyrics and everything else, too! All is well written.
Active Bands/Artists:

Some Kind of Planet

Other characters:
[b]Leon Peralta - Main writer for Coast 2 Coast Music

Offline Famouss7x7  
#7 Posted : 17 September 2014 09:36:34(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: Clampdown Go to Quoted Post
Noel: I can't help but be reminded of Britney Spear's Toxic, not a very good song. But this, could easily replace the Britney Spears song.

OOC: Nice job on the lyrics and everything else, too! All is well written.

Cristina: Confused on whether or not that was a compliment? I don't see how this reminds you of Brits track. This is not only different in lyrical content but musically its much, much different too. I guess its just the title? Lol

OOC: Thanks!

Edited by user 17 September 2014 09:44:10(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Realms Of Darkness  
#8 Posted : 17 September 2014 11:25:56(UTC)
Realms Of Darkness

Man
Argentina

Was thanked: 961 time(s) in 386 post(s)
Bjarne: This is not my genre...But, this song is fuckin' toxic, really catchy!

OOC: Very well written, as always!
UserPostedImage
UNVEIL THE DARK MYTHOS!
Mythos, the successor of the #1 album The Arcanum Circle OUT NOW!
Available through Kaleidoscope Records! Click on the banner!

UserPostedImage
WELCOME TO THE JOURNEY!
A Journey Through The Innermost, the debut album Bill Owens' prog-metal act OUT NOW!
Available through Songs To Love And Die By! Click on the banner!

My Artists:

The Enlightened || Aeons || Bill Owens

Other:

REVER MUSIC STUDIOS
The World's best recording studios!
Offline Famouss7x7  
#9 Posted : 17 September 2014 21:12:47(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: Realms Of Darkness Go to Quoted Post
Bjarne: This is not my genre...But, this song is fuckin' toxic, really catchy!

OOC: Very well written, as always!

Cristina: That's the point, right? ;) thank you!

OOC: Thanks :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline mebeme101  
#10 Posted : 17 September 2014 21:49:19(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
Alex: Do you hear that it's the sound of millions of girls who are now sexually confused like you sound like sex on this song and the lyrics are bad ass also grade A production this track is perfect tbh and I'll be patiently waiting on that album
My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#11 Posted : 18 September 2014 08:57:13(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: mebeme101 Go to Quoted Post
Alex: Do you hear that it's the sound of millions of girls who are now sexually confused like you sound like sex on this song and the lyrics are bad ass also grade A production this track is perfect tbh and I'll be patiently waiting on that album

Cristina: How nice of you Alex. Thank you every much ! The album is done and on its way:P
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Andre Gandra  
#12 Posted : 19 September 2014 05:05:43(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Julia: How much time haven't I talked with you Cristina, I still remember we touring together! My God, time flies, but for you, it never did, well you're still the beautiful girl I met long time ago but about your music, it certainly grew to higher levels, I love the self confidence of this track, even though it is tenuous and fragile this feeling, but the music is incredibly well written.
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#13 Posted : 20 September 2014 09:59:59(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post
Julia: How much time haven't I talked with you Cristina, I still remember we touring together! My God, time flies, but for you, it never did, well you're still the beautiful girl I met long time ago but about your music, it certainly grew to higher levels, I love the self confidence of this track, even though it is tenuous and fragile this feeling, but the music is incredibly well written.

Cristina: Aren't you just the sweetest. U miss you very much :) thanks Julia. Hope to see you again asap!

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Princess_Valentine  
#14 Posted : 28 September 2014 12:43:47(UTC)
Princess_Valentine

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2517 time(s) in 1482 post(s)
Lexi: Such an ahhhhhhmazing song but why is it so short! I need more Cristina! Not talking
DominicBrown|LeslieNielsen|LexiMarieTaylor|JordanSnow|AllyHansen|AriaKingsley