logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline GirlSpice  
#21 Posted : 26 October 2014 01:33:27(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Review by MTV News

Glamazon's become somewhat of a mystery when it comes to actually being a live performer - simply because, well... we hardly see her do it these days. She's been quick to abandon her last few albums by throwing them out to the public with zero promotion and hasn't supported either of these releases with a worldwide tour, like you would expect from your favourite artists. Whether Glamazon feels promotion and a gruelling tour schedule is beneath her these days is beyond us, but based on her performance at the anticipated Fall Festival, it's a real shame to see a talented performer become such a rare sight to see on stage. Many say she's never been the same Glamazon since losing her lover Eric Quillington to Huntington's Disease, becoming incredibly distant from her fans and music career. Although there may be some truth to that, it's great to see she hasn't lost her ability to entertain a crowd.

Kicking off her set with the upbeat "Dirty Voodoo", her latest single from #1 album After Hours, the roaring reception from the crowd definitely made it clear that Glamazon's new material is still well and truly appreciated by the public. Rocking a glittering gold dress and a tiara, the dark-pop songstress made a very simple entrance, strutting up to the microphone with a small smirk on her face; from that moment, all eyes were on her. The singer has never relied too much on eccentric visuals on stage to distract you from the music and this time was no different, but she so easily managed to captivate the audience that we don't think anyone could tell it was just her and a band. Moving into fan favourite "Red Wine", she sits at the edge of the stage and takes a drink from a cup before beginning the song, what was in it was unknown, but we choose to believe it was blood. She introduces it by proudly announcing, "This next song is 'Red Wine', not the UB40 bullshit."

SONG SPOTLIGHT
Glamazon - "Dirty Voodoo"

Worship me like the God of your religion
All rules you follow can be rewritten
Let's make me the center of your world
Oh, you won't need any other girl
One little spell and you won't be able to tell
Suddenly no one in the world is able to compare

So when you fall in love, come and do it right
Fall in love with me ha-ha-hard
I promise that I'll never miss a trick
Just say you'll never miss the beat, beat of my heart

(Chorus)
I'll be the only words spoken from your lips
The hunger you have will forever exist
I'll get you infatuated like dirty voodoo
Make you do whatever I want you to
You'll fall hard in love and boy, if only you knew
The thoughts that I never admit
Won't ever let 'em slip, make me your greatest risk
It'll always be me and you
Once I get you to myself like dirty voodoo

You're not scared of the storm you're heading toward
After this kiss, your mind'll be like a broken record
Playing on repeat without an escape
I'll drag you away from the golden gates
Angel's singing their prayers up in heaven
Just keep your eyes on me and I'll be your new obsession
You don't need a soul, darling, I can make you whole
Do whatever it takes to keep you fixated
I've got this hold on you and you won't break it

So when you fall in love, come and do it right
Fall in love with me ha-ha-hard
I promise that I'll never miss a trick
Just say you'll never miss the beat, beat of my heart

(Chorus)

Little mind games that only I could do
I'm right on you like a cheap tattoo
Just take me outta this costume
And get on me like a new perfume
It's dirty, dirty, dirty voodoo

Lipstick smudged and my mascara's running
A hot mess wearing nothing
For all this time, it was you I'm hunting
Now I'm never letting go of your loving

(Chorus)

She falls to the floor and screams the lyrics of "How to Destroy Your Boyfriend" out carelessly while on her back like a woman that's just escaped from a mental asylum, but it's totally appropriate for the insane song lyrics. Those in the crowd not so familiar with the song look on confused, but never take their eyes off her. It's just another demonstration of how oddly entertaining Glamazon is with nothing but a microphone, you never know what she's gonna do next on stage.

As soon as album track "Monster" plays, it's clear to see why Glamazon is considering it for her next single release. It certainly goes down well from the moment the song begins, it's almost as if the darker and more twisted Glamazon is with her music, the more her fans respond to the music, but we're sure she has no complaints. "I'm like a grenade and you're running outta time" she sings directly to one audience member, a playful look on her face as she delivers the lyrics. From her delivery, you almost forget that she's singing a song about becoming a psychotic monster. We don't know if that's a good thing or not, because if there's one thing true about Glamazon, it's that looks can be deceiving. Very deceiving.

SONG SPOTLIGHT
Glamazon - "How to Destroy Your Boyfriend"

I know how to wrap a man around my finger
I know how to destroy a man without a weapon
I know how to break a man, yeah, break a man
I know how to break a man, yeah, break a man
And I don't need a gun to do it, bitch

Give me leather blacker than the night
Give me lipstick redder than the pool you lay in
But don't give me love, don't give me a pistol
I won't need it and I don't need you
I don't need it, mr. ex-lover, mr. heartbreaker
I don't need it, mr. played the saviour
Now you're mr. no one's here to save ya

I know how to break a man's heart
It's not like I was the one who fell in love so easily
So I won't be the one crying the tears
I'll just watch them fall from your eyes
Watch me lick my crimson red lips
And I'll watch you suck it up like a bitch
A man's tears are so attractive
A man's tears are so attractive

Bang, bang, I do that to your heart
And I didn't even need a gun to do it, bitch
Bang, bang, that's how we used to it
And I didn't even come back for more, bitch
Watch me burn all your clothes
Watch me burn all the memories I keep in my mind
Watch me start a fucking fire, you call me a psycho
Throw the petrol everywhere and light the match
Call me a psycho again because that feels so damn good

You trashed my name and I keyed your car
I'm always one who believes in returning the favour
Go run back to your fucking bitches
Then I'll give you some fucking stitches
Then you beg me to give you head
Now I tell you I only behead
Then you beg me to give you head
Now I tell you I only behead

You cheat, you start a war
But I can win a war without weapons
You cheat and I don't give a fuck
Because revenge is sweeter than love
Because revenge is sweeter than sex
You bring me flowers to say you're sorry
And I'll lay them same flowers down on your grave

UserPostedImage

Later in the show for noise pop numbers "Ashes to Ashes" and "Take Me to Heaven", taken from Ashes to Ashes, the singer's least commercial album release to date in dedication to the loss of Eric Quillington, Glamazon really lets loose. She throws her tiara into the crowd... and herself, as she crowdsurfs throughout "Ashes to Ashes", a daring move considering how short her dress is, but Glamazon's never been one to care. She returns to command the stage fiercely for dance-pop numbers "Lady Danger" and "Bad Girl", both of which go down a storm with the audience as she holds her microphone out for everyone to sing along at key moments.

A highlight of the singer's set is the moving ballad "Breaking Point" which she performs with an acoustic guitar backing her, a major contrast to the majority of her loud and upbeat set. Calmly stood behind her microphone as she beautifully delivers the lyrics to the song, it's hard to believe just a short few moments ago she was jumping into the crowd and running around on stage. She turns her back to us and walks off without a word at the end of the song, but to our relief, Glamazon returns for one last time to round her set off with number one hit "Bad Religion", performed slightly rockier than the original which was perhaps even better than the version on the album. Judging from the crowd's response to the performance, she definitely ended her set on a high. "Thanks for listening. Enjoy the next two nights, sweethearts. I love you," she says softly at the end of the song, blowing a kiss and quickly making her way off stage.

SONG SPOTLIGHT
Glamazon - "Breaking Point"

I could hear the violins playing
To the sound of my heart breaking
You close your eyes and let your final breath go
Let me be the angel to carry you to paradise
I'll stand by you till I join you, woah, oh
We'll sit in the clouds and watch the sunset
And I'll never lay you down to rest again

(Chorus)
Through every problem and all the struggles
You faced it all and stared death in the eyes
I watched the world push you to breaking point
And you slipped away into the distance
Through all your fears and all my tears
My heart grew numb to what you had become
I watched the world push you to breaking point
And you slipped away into the distance

I could see the image of you fading
Give me one last kiss before I say goodnight
You close your eyes and let my hand go
And in that moment, I lost everything possible
Say you'll wait for me and I'll wait for you, woah, oh
Even when I'm stuck in purgatory
Darling, say you won't forget me

(Chorus)

Oh, I can still see pictures of you
And the memories are all too real
Just don't remind me how it feels
To wish I was down in the dirt
To be choked by the hurt
Don't take me back there, woah, oh
Don't push me past breaking point

(Chorus)

For a festival set, this was a complete winner. Glamazon has experimented with several different genres over the years and made sure to include a little something for everyone, while still paying attention to the fact that the crowd were mostly there to hear the hits. No choreography, dancers or pyrotechnics, Glamazon completely redefined the meaning of a pop show and we think she succeeded.

SET LIST
01. Dirty Voodoo
02. Wrong Direction
03. Red Wine
04. How to Destroy Your Boyfriend
05. Monster
06. Withering Love
07. Mrs. Skeleton
08. Survive (Sweet Silence)
09. Ashes to Ashes
10. Take Me to Heaven
11. Lady Danger
12. Bad Girl
13. Poison
14. On Blast
15. Breaking Point
16. Bad Religion
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 6 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 26/10/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 26/10/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 26/10/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 26/10/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/10/2014(UTC), erich hess on 26/10/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#22 Posted : 26 October 2014 05:13:58(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 6 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 26/10/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 26/10/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 26/10/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 26/10/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/10/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 26/10/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#23 Posted : 26 October 2014 07:14:26(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

How would you describe your set for the Fall Festival?
My set will be an ElectroDeath tribute. I had to sort of reconnect to my roots, musically and certainly this idea of performing ElectroDeath’s old songs came up to me and my team and we loved it already. But the last song of the set it’s obviously a surprise for everyone who enjoys my work, I hope people will be entertained.

Are there any other artists you're looking forward to seeing perform?
I pretty much want to watch everyone. Obviously, my sister is performing the same day as me and there’s mISTER_b as the headliner of the third day, so I have to be there to support them, but there’s plenty others, Glamazon, Cinzia Ricci, I like these festivals a lot, because we get to be together and act silly once we’re always so busy working, it’s one perfect opportunity to meet friends again and having a good time.

What are some of your pre-show rituals and do they change for specific performances?
I don’t have many, I just eat healthy, say a little pray to my Gods, I’m a wiccan, you all know that. Light a candle depending on my mood, I spent the “Pop Odyssey World Tour” with Vanity practicing with these simple rituals, but for the festival, I think I’ll have a glass of wine before, it’s too much people with different tastes, I mean,1 there will be some people there who didn’t buy tickets to watch me, so perhaps I’ll get bottled, I don’t know, I’ll have a glass of wine for sure!

Can we expect any upcoming music from you before the year is over?
Yes, actually I just finished my second album, It’s ready to be published and I can’t wait, the first single, I can announce it now, will be available to be downloaded the same time I’ll be on stage of the F all Festival, so for the fans who wants to listen to it, be ready to download it as well, it comes quicker than you think.

Is there a certain song on your set list that you are most looking forward to performing? If so, what and why?
All of them, It’s a short set, I only have fifteen minutes, but I’ll be singing the old songs, the ones I miss so much, I think the older fans will get nostalgic as well, so maybe it will be a remarkable moment.

Do you have any special surprises or guests that we, the audience, can look out for?
No guests, but the last song of the set it’s a surprise one, well at least for me it’ll be a surprise, my fans will like it, I’m sure of it.

So Magie, your debut album came out earlier this year. Were you shocked at how well it did or were you expecting the results?
I was expecting some buzz, because we had a marketing plan behind it, a powerful single with Tisha Jackson, even though some people might’ve understood it in the negative way of the whole purpose of it, but I think it did pretty much well in the end, I’m happy with my debut album, I might not have a number one single, but I’m glad that I was finally able to be at my own in this business. When you are the leader of a band and you work so hard for your dream to become a superstar and certainly for random facts it all comes down, it can be really hard for you, I was the most avid fighter for ElectroDeath, you can ask Julia or Lilly, they’ll tell you exactly what I’m telling you right now. So I think I finally could canalize that energy to my solo endeavors.

What has been the most exciting event to take place during your solo debut?
The iHeart Radio Release party of my Album, I felt so welcomed performing there, it was a small audience, so many fans and I even performed “When Your Heart’s Not Open” and the fans screamed so loud, it was very touching moment.

What's the one thing you love about performing?
The connection to the fans, the exchange of energies it’s wonderful when you sing a song and everyone’s there to watch you sing along with you, that’s the reason of all this.

And finally, will there ever be an Electrodeath reunion?
Haha, I’m always open for a reunion, I think I’ll always be open for an ElectroDeath comeback, it was a dream that I worked for so long, but I don’t know if it will ever happen someday, we’re so away from each other right now, Lilly is married, despite she still writes for me, we don’t see each other as often we used to and Julia, well you know what Julia became and I think she’s happy that way. But who knows, after ten years we might at least give an interview in a documentary about pop culture of the 10s.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 5 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 26/10/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 26/10/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/10/2014(UTC), erich hess on 26/10/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 26/10/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#24 Posted : 26 October 2014 07:15:43(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Magie Fall Festival Performance

Magie takes the stage in a sunny afternoon, from the stage she could see a sea of people, her name was called and accompanied by her band mates, she comes waving and blowing air kisses to the audience in that afternoon. She’s wearing a white shirt, black pants, the shirt is tied up revealing her belly, her blond hair on her shoulders and she has an Arabian accessory on her waist. The performance is quite simple, it doesn’t look like the performances she was used to give when she was an ElectroDeath member, but yet she has a lot of charisma and her voice is better, and we may also not forget her sexy dance moves. The set of her performance in fact is a tribute to ElectroDeath, very nostalgic for the older audience of the festival, the first track is the recognizable “Here and After” most similar to any other EDM track at the top ten today, this song was actually the last song of the band with Julia Volkova. Magie sings with a lot of enthusiasm, her voice on tone, behind a pedestal, jumping once in a while, pointing to the crowd, sharing the nostalgic sensation that took over the place with everyone who was enjoying her performance.

UserPostedImage

Right after “Here and After” Magie already starts to perform the second track of the afternoon; finally she took off the audience loud screams. When the ambient sounds started out and the percussion broke into the melody of the next track, the audience went crazy noticing that it was “When your heart’s not open”. ElectroDeath’s biggest hit to date, for Magie’s surprised she was accompanied by the crowd with a choir, she was visually excited during the moment. She manages to perform some of the original choreography of the song, and it gets the crowd more excited about her short performance, the moves are quite flexible and Magie seem to be on shape despite her 28 years old. She performs it perfectly and whistles are heard from the crowd, it’s sexy and nostalgic the same time. Her breathe is also something to admire, Magie is known for her light lyric soprano voice and over the years she got better in breathe control technics allowing her to move her body during her singing, despite it might compromise some of the higher notes but it’s all forgiven once it is very subtle and the final result combining dancing moves and live singing it’s all worth the ticket paid.

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Very briefly, Magie talks with the crowd. “Are you guys enjoying so far?” they answer her with a warm welcome “It’s so nice to be here performing these songs after so many years, I’m glad you’re enjoying, for the next track I’m gonna slow things down a bit, it’s “Lost in this Dance”

“Lost in This Dance” is one of ElectroDeath earliest singles, it’s a ballad and Magie unties her shirt to be more serious for the subject of the track. The piano melody is played by one of her band mates while she took her microphone out of the pedestal it was and she started to walk slowly through the stage, directing her performance to the audience. Some people in the audience try to sing along with Magie, it is only hearable when she reaches the chorus of the track, but the song is really old and not that music known, so it was another surprise for Magie to notice that some people knew the lyrics of it. Magie also interpreters the lyrics of the song, she has a sad look on her face and a few theatrical expressions with her gestures and walk. The vocals for this performance are the best as possible, she does all the notes and don’t fail in the falsettos, she is a professional singer and this performance proved that.

UserPostedImage

The last song of the afternoon, it’s a brand new track, probably to be feature don her already announced second studio album, she said she would save a surprise for the end and she did it, but what is mostly admirable is that we can clearly see the shift on her sounding, she takes a guitar, that’s right, someone comes and gives her an electric guitar, before the track fully starts, there’s a creepy ambient sound with industrial electronic music elements, setting a mood to the crowd so they could expect something edgy. Magie kicks the track with a passionate vocal in the first verse the same time her guitar can be heard, it’s very different from her EDM debut songs, but it takes us back to the core of what was ElectroDeath and the sound she was used to do. The song has a rocker vibe, it has guitar and bass but the drums are electronic programmed, it’s an electronic rock track with influences of industrial music, it’s edgy and scary but hopeful on its choruses. The lyrics are also very well written, in fact we could say they’re smartly written, Magie sounds confident yet passionate like she haven’t being sounding in the promotion of her debut album. We finally could perceive that she found her roots once and for all.

UserPostedImage

At first the audience seems to don’t understand the position of Magie taking a guitar and playing such a song, it could be an ElectroDetah song but it is not, so they are a little bit confused, but after half of the song they lose the questioning and surrender to the vibe of the track, making Magie a happy girl. As the track reaches the end, her bandmates keep the melodies longer, she talks with the crowd. “Thank you Fall Festival” The crowd cheers “This last song is called ‘Calling Your Name’ if you enjoyed it, go on iTunes and download it! I’ll see you next time!” as a rain of silver paper falls down above their heads, Magie took off her guitar, send air kisses to the crowd and leaves the stage.

Set List

1- Here and After
2- When Your heart’s Not Open
3- Lost in this Dance
4- Calling your name (New Track)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Andre Gandra on 26/10/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/10/2014(UTC), erich hess on 26/10/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 26/10/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 26/10/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#25 Posted : 26 October 2014 08:32:09(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

“I think nobody expects high levels of production in terms of performance. I’ve never done that and I never will. Essentially it’s myself and a guitar, I’ll be accompanied by a couple of musicians onstage, but it’s about performing the songs the way they need to be performed and my songs are the sorts that are very much based around emotion. So I think you can expect minimal but effective in terms of my own set at the festival”

”I’m not the greatest at keeping up to date with who the big talents are in the industry. I think Radio Nowhere are an interesting entity and could be worth watching. Glamazon is an artist in every sense of the word and I’d no doubt be hoping to watch some of her set. Abie Lena is an old soul and I quite like that and of course the Harlots are always entertaining. The rest of the bunch I’m sure are great in their own right, it definitely appears to be an eclectic mix of performers over the festival.”

What are some of your pre-show rituals and do they change for specific performances?

”I’d like to say that I have some pre-show quirks, but I really don’t. I prefer just hanging out with some of the guys I’m gonna be out onstage with. But I don’t happen to have any rituals.”

”To get more stuff out there before the end of the year would be a challenge. You can’t ever definitively say no, but I’d say it’s quite unlikely at the moment. I think a realistic guess would be that there’d be something released around January or February. But this year, I don’t see too much happening in terms of releases.”

Is there a certain song on your set list that you are most looking forward to performing? If so, what and why?

”I think ‘Nightbirds Are Flyin’ is the one song that I particularly love performing live. I think the simplistic melody in the middle of the song makes even the biggest arena’s feel like a small campfire singalong. It’s really a special song to me. There’s a few other songs that I’ll be looking to perform but Nightbirds is certainly up there as a favourite.”

Do you have any special surprises or guests that we, the audience, can look out for?

”No, it’ll just be myself and my backing band. I’ve collaborated with a couple of different artists in the past few years, but I’ve always preferred being the sole singer on my own songs. I’m sure that these are the boring answers but I think it’s up to you as an artist to decide what is best for you and I think although having Cristina Lake or somebody like that join me onstage would add a little extra star quality to the performance, I don’t think it’s something that is particularly needed.”

What made you want to get back into the music industry, after such a long break?

”It’s not a case of wanting to be back in the industry. My passion is writing and performing music, that’s what I do and that’s what I’ve always wanted to do and so I’ll continue doing that for as long as I possibly can. If there’s an audience there then that’s wonderful but if there’s not then that won’t stop me from writing and performing. I’m not doing this to be in the music industry and hang out with famous people, I’m doing it for a love of music.”

Do you find yourself having to pick and choose between music and family life?

”I don’t think there needs to be one or the other, of course not. It’s always a difficult decision to head out on tour when you’ve got a young family at home. The fear is that you’ll miss too many precious moments with the ones you love, so it’s important to find a balance, fortunately for me, I haven’t had to be away from them for too long. I think the longest I’ve gone without seeing em’ is three days and hopefully I’ll continue to find the balance.”

And finally, do you feel happy with the current state of music right now or do you want more?

”Like I said before, I’m not great at keeping up to date. I’m aware of artists like Evangeline Wolfe and Arianna Harley and a few others that are incredible at what they do. But my knowledge of current music doesn’t really stretch too far. I couldn’t tell you the names of those propping up the top of the charts these days. I’m sure it’s all interesting music, but I just don’t have the interest in current music at the moment.”
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

snap_itshannah on 26/10/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 26/10/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 26/10/2014(UTC), erich hess on 26/10/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/10/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#26 Posted : 26 October 2014 08:35:30(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

BRANDON CAULFIELD | LIVE
FALL FESTIVAL 2014 | HOLLYWOOD BOWL, LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA
OCTOBER 25, 2014

UserPostedImage

Brandon Caulfield returned to the stage for the first time since early summer for the fall festival, sponsored by Studio60 and Tric-Jam Records. In contrast to the pop-heavy line-up with their glitz and glamour and highly entertaining stage shows, Caulfield provided everything you could have ever expected from him and perhaps even surprisingly a little more. He was joined by a cast of rag-tag musicians that formed his backing band, none of which appear to be known widely in the industry. But Caulfield appeared to be in his element onstage for quite possibly the very first time in his career. He ran through a setlist which covered less ground from his career as you’d possibly have expected, all songs coming from his previous two albums only but i served to highlight something potentially very interesting for fans of his, and that is the emphasis on his Americana and Country roots. We took this set as an indication of where he wants to venture with his future releases.

So the set opened up with ‘My Disenchanted Society’, a fan-favourite, no doubt and one of his big hits and it was quickly followed up by ‘I’m A Runner and My Father’s Son’ taken from his previous album and showing his fears of turning into his father as time goes on and age begins to creep up on the still under thirty years old musician. Next up was the Americana gems, ‘Arizona’ and ‘Travelin’ On’, both songs told simplistic yet beautiful stories of wandering the roads of the U.S. But amidst all of the nostalgia ridden Americana, clearly influenced by figures like Petty, Springsteen and Dylan there was the rawest of beauty, always a great thing to see Caulfield return to making the sort of emotive softly spoken music he began performing.

’What Do You Do When Your Dreams Come True?’ is heartwrenchingly beautiful at it’s peak and ponders that very question, it’s an interesting question too, if you consider what it is that would ever make you completely happy and what you’d do if you were given that opportunity. But the three songs chosen to see out the set combined spectacularly well with ‘Nightbirds Are Flyin’’ with it’s beautiful melody and campfire singalong feel giving way to the raw and emotive ‘The Road That Leads Us Nowhere’ and to close the set out and ending on a positive note, the religious rebirth with ‘Better Days Ahead’. All in all, it was great to see Caulfield back onstage once more and seemingly more confident than he’s ever been. Next up, album number five?!

SETLIST;
My Disenchanted Society
I’m A Runner And My Father’s Son
Arizona
Travelin’ On
Set Me Free
Sweet Louisiana Rain
What Do You Do When Your Dreams Come True?
Nightbirds Are Flyin’
The Road That Leads Us Nowhere
Better Days Ahead
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Andre Gandra on 26/10/2014(UTC), GirlSpice on 26/10/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 26/10/2014(UTC), erich hess on 26/10/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/10/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#27 Posted : 26 October 2014 09:30:59(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

It will be a shorter version of what we’re performing on tour. I’m touring since September and its being an incredible journey to meet the fans and see their reactions towards the hits and the new songs, it’s actually my first headline world tour, bring the show to a festival like this, obviously makes you to cut some songs off, but we saved the fan favorites.

Certainly yes, I’m not gonna be able to watch everyone, because it’ll be a short stop for me, since I’m taking my tour to Australia for the months to come, so there’s a lot of logistic issues to solve, but I’ll be watching everyone in the day I’m performing. I always enjoy watching other musicians, because they’re all colleges and festivals like this one sort of bring us together, it’s a very amusing experience.

Don’t eat, it’s better when you have to catch so much breath as I do, drink water, don’t smoke, say a pray with your musicians and crew and everyone who works behind the scene, spy the fans behind the curtain, just to see their expectation and try to relax, I’m always telling myself to relax, does it work? Not at all.

No, I have an album to promote, we’re currently on tour, the third single just got released, the music video will be out this Sunday, I’m planning two or three more singles for this album, there’s also a DVD of the tour we filmed in L.A. But next year I ‘m celebrating five years of career and we plan to release some new stuff in a very special album for the fans, a greatest hits perhaps but not a regular greatest hits, you’ll wait and see.

The new songs, because even though I’m at my very first headlining tour, I toured in the past, so for me it’s always fresh to perform the new songs, the ones that challenge me the most. I also love some B-sides of my repertoire, and I try to add them to the set list once in a while, I don’t know if we’ll have time to perform one of this B-side, because it’s a festival you got please more people than your regular fans, but hopefully we’ll perform “Seasons”.

No guests, but we could bring some led screen and the dancers of the tour, so it will be visually pleasuring for the fans.

How would you rate your albums; which is your least favorite and which is your absolute favorite album you've done?
I have a tendency to think that the last album I released it’s the best album I’ve ever made, but this is not fair to my previous work, I cannot rate them in order, because my taste changes as I’m getting older, I can tell you right now that I miss the vocal performances of my second album “Seasons”. We put some songs of that album on the set list of the tour, because I missed singing my heart out loud, but it’s very exhausting!

Would you say the atmosphere is about the same as on your tour or different?
Absolutely not, like I said before, we have so many other people to please, people who’s there to watch their favorite artist, I’m opening for Isabel, can you imagine the Izzy bells watching me? LOL well I have to make worth for them too.

Do you feel you tone down the atmosphere with your music, because it sounds so grim and depressing, in a good way of course!
Not at all, my songs are generally about love and heartbreak and life and death, but they’re also jazz and blues and those rhythms put people to bounce and have a good time, I also like the fact that the fans enjoy singing along with me, I know my vocals are the main protagonist of my live performances, but as they sing along with me, turns the mood up.

Can we expect a similar performance that you gave at the FCA's, because we'd be totally cool with that.
I’m not gonna be kissed by Jude Law and I really like to think that I’ll never be kissed by him anymore. He’s a bad kisser. LOL. But of course the performance is very artistic, the dancers are going to be there!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Andre Gandra on 26/10/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 26/10/2014(UTC), erich hess on 26/10/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/10/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 26/10/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#28 Posted : 26 October 2014 09:41:07(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Abie Lena Fall Festival Performance

It was about time to Abie Lena takes the stage. The night was already fully in shape, darkness covered the place and even the stage, when suddenly a remarkable classical piano riff breaks the darkness accompanied by bright white lights blinding the audience for a few second due to its intensity, but soon after the whole stage was lighted and there was Abie, placed in the middle of it next the edge behind her pedestal craved of white crystals, a blue dress while her bandmates wear black tie, behind her a big led screen covering the background adding visual concepts to each song performed on the set. She’s smiling widely with open arms and soon she starts to sing the first verse of the hit single “You make me Die”, the moment the crowd realizes what is the song she was singing, they scream as loud as they can. Abie controls her voice with majesty during the first round of songs, she takes water and tea during the breaks of one song to another one, right after she finishes “You make me die” comes another big hit “Dead for a Reason” and a very elaborated visual effect, Tisha Jackson is projected in the led screen at background, but looking in front of the stage, she appears to be next to Abie as if she was really there singing the song with Abie, the audience seemed surprised by the effect and even Tisha appears to have recorded live vocals for the performance, so it looks even more realistic, when the second song ends Tisha vanishes as if she was turned into ashes and Abie takes zip of water and talks with the crowd.

“Good evening Fall Festival!” she stops for the screams “I’m Abie Lena and it’s a pleasure to be playing for you tonight!” another break “I was touring North America and I had the incredible opportunity to come here and play for you before I’ll travel to Australia, so I really hope you’ll guys enjoy the show!”

A staff brings Abie a guitar and the newly released third single of her most recent album breaks in, “Something Before”, it’s also a performance for Abie show her skills on playing the guitar, she has been a instrumentalist playing guitar, piano and harmonica and most recently she’s being encourage to incorporate on her performance. The audience seems to enjoy the rock segment of the set list, despite it does not fully takes form of a rock concert, but the guitars and the drums alludes such an influence perceived by the crazy fans cheering for Abie guitar riffs. Moving on comes the apathetic “I’m sad”, for this one Abie grabs an acoustic guitar, her band maters get near her forming a half moon circle at the middle of the stage, all of them sit in smalls stools, the lights are toned blue and it gets a bit dark, there’s fog covering the ground of the stage and Abie’s haunting vocals for this performance sets the crowd into a static position, they’re focused on every note Abie sings, quit. The silence is only broke because right after this performance the stage get completely dark lightening again with Abie standing in front of a piano, the creepy blue lights, the fog are back too, the song “Little Star” begins to be performed. Abie’s voice once again silences the audience, but they know this song, it was released as a single. But the magic feeling transmitted from Abie’s vocals is really hypnotic. This performance also receives a beautiful visual effect, while only Abie is lighted in the stage, the led screen behind her is filled with stars, and if you look straight in front of the stage you’ll think Abie is surrounded by an immense starry sky.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

After the creepy dark moments, Abie takes another break to talk with the crowd.

“Next year I’ll be completing five years of career, short but yet so intense and I have to thank you for that!” the crow cheers “I really hope I’ll be able to keep doing what I do, because I love it and I love to play for you” Another break “This next song It’s one of my favorites of my last album it’s called ‘The Break Up’”

The single starts and adds a quite funny and bouncing element to the performance, the crowd could finally chill, because Abie’s hypnotic notes and charming vocals are resumed to a simple and relaxing jazz pop track, which is wisely smart to add such flavor for an intense performance she is used to give. This performance also receives a dance routine, four couples of dancers takes the stage beside Abie performing just like they did at the FCA awards. Abie interacts with them as she smiles and bounces her body, she’s also holding the microphone in her hands, circulating the stage, the whole thing seems to be choreographed, but it looks relaxing, funny and quite sexy. Abie seem to enjoy every second of this performance, proving she likes this track a lot. The next song is keeps the cool mood the whole concert introduced with “The Break Up!”, the soulful jazz track “Pimp’s Tears” brings an extra sexy element to the stage, Abie now does not pretend to be sexy, she actually is very sexy while performing it, giving 360° turns with her male dancers, she doesn’t seem dizzy or her voice doesn’t sound tired, she’s one of those singers that knows how to preserve her voices for the powerhouse vocal performances.
A few break, Abie is back in front of a classical piano to sing one of her earliest hits, the heart breaking “Broke Up!” and here comes her best vocal performance of the night, she delivers all, it seems she was holding her breathe for the end of the concert, the crowd tries to accompany her with a shy sing-along, but they know they can’t accompany the level of her vocals in this performance, don’t imagine why so many people was brought to tears during this particular performance, she filled the whole arena with a mix of feelings just by singing her heart out. One word describes this performance: “Remarkable”.
Abie does not let the crowd breathe after “Broke Up!” but she raises the mood with her very first single, “Fake Plastic Life” and here we finally see the choir that we missed in the big hits performed earlier in this performance, Abie points her microphone to the fans and they sing the chorus for her, they know every word of course, it’s been almost five years this song reached number one on radio airplay, but yet people love it, it’s ironic intonation adds such a charisma to the performance, Abie Lena has become one of the best performers of her generation, no one doubts it, she grew up so much now she’s on her best shape with her world tour, she’s taking steps to become a legend and this performance shows all her potential as an artist, before she finishes the concert, she sits in a classical piano once again to sing the final song of her set but before she thanks her fans.

“You are amazing!” The emotional crowd claps Abie “You really fill my heart with love, I’m so happy to be here tonight” another brief pause “This is my last song of the night, thank you for all the love.” She takes a zip of water “you guys know, Isabel is taking the stage right after me” The crowd screams when they hear Isabel’s name “I’m gonna be there dancing too, but first we have 'Where Immortals Live!'”

Abie plays the piano as an introduction to her single “Where Immortals Live” the same intro that kicks off her most recent record, the crowd knows this song too, after she played the intro, she stands and walks slowly the edge of the stage to place her mic on her glamorous pedestal, just like she started her performance she’s about to end it, she marvelously performs this track, it’s haunting but its charming the same time, her dancers are back in performing classical ballet beside her, the whole performance is extravagant, elegant and chick, Abie has a sexy tone on her vocals, the crowd is amused by the technical of all the people who performed with Abie, when the song ends, black paper falls off the roof, Abie blow air kisses to the crowd, places her hands on her heart and finally lives the stage.

Set List

1. You make me die
2. Dead for a reason
3. Something Before
4. I’m sad
5. Little Star
6. The Break Up
7. Pimp’s Tears
8. Broke Up!
9. Fake Plastic Life
10. Where Immortals live (Extended Intro)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 4 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 26/10/2014(UTC), erich hess on 26/10/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 26/10/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/10/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#29 Posted : 26 October 2014 10:49:03(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

"I would say it's for, specifically for Izzybell's. Um, there's a lot of new songs, old songs, fan favorites, my personal favorites. I really wanted this set list to be something sort of like what you'd see on my tour, which is next year, and it's a lot of fun. There's some great dance numbers and some just, fun moments to bond with the crowd."

Will there be many songs from your latest album on there given that it's still so new?

"Yes, I almost performed all of them but I didn't because I wanted to perform some of my very favorites. It was very hard to narrow down the set list because I just wanted to perform everything but you know, I have a time limit. (Laughs) So I just picked out the ones that I really, really wanted to sing and then some old favorites."

Do you differ your set for a festival crowd where some people might not be as au fait with your music?

"Uhhh.....I'd say I keep things...the same even if I know there won't be fans of my music there. There might be people not familiar with my music so I think of it as a chance to try and convince them or persuade them to give it a listen. I think it's the best to go to festivals and discover new artists or new songs that you wouldn't have really liked if you stayed home."

As one of the biggest stars of the weekend, do you feel some sort of responsibility to really bring it at festivals like this?

"Oh I always feel like I should bring it at any event. I feel like the way your perform is like your overall being. It's the way you present yourself, your creative thoughts, it's everything I think. But I really wanted to make it special for this festival since it is the first and I have a lot of material to sing, I have a lot more choreography and chances for people who can't go on my tour or won't see my tour, to see a little piece of what's going to happen. "

Isabel as a headliner is nothing new, does it still make you nervous or do you just take it in your stride?

"It does because I know with each show or event, the expectation levels are raised. I almost feel like people expect me to walk on water or raise the dead, on stage, you know? (Giggles) But I really do enjoy it and I have fun so that's all that matters. I know there are some times when I struggle on stage, especially with vocals, but with practice and my Merjos determined blood, I can pull it off when I need to."

How do you think shows like this compare to your own concerts?

"I think my shows tend to be more intimate and specifically for fans. For festivals and award shows, I incorporate things for anyone who's a fan but I also have to think about new fan and people who don't know me. With my tours, I don't generally have to think about that because I know majority of the people there know me and are my fans so I can do special things like talk to them or you know, do some cover songs, take selfies, things like that but you know, it's a timed event so I don't want to hold anyone up from seeing someone else or anything."

And which do you prefer playing?

"I think I prefer my tours just because it's really all my hard work and thoughts being shown. I get to work closely with the sets and outfits, all of that and with festivals you're sorta given a place and you have to work around it. You have to do what you can with what you got, nothing wrong with that but I've always preferred that creative control where it feels like it's my show. It's my thoughts and you know, I just think my tours can be a lot more closer to fans because I'm speaking to them and not to like them and 100,000 new fans, you know? But I love performing at both."

What sort of crowd reaction do you expect tonight?

"I don't know, they could boo me. (Laughs) I hope they like what I've got planned. I try to keep a pretty open mind on my performances so tonight will be like new Izzy meets old school Izzy. And it's something everyone can watch, the family can watch, it's just an overall good show tonight I have planned."

"Definitely Cinzia. She's been gone for a while now and she always brings it on stage. I went on tour with her and she blew me away every night with her stamina and performances. I definitely want to see Abie Lena and Magie Lena, love both of them. Abie's like right before I go on so I get to watch her then worry about my nerves. (Laughs) I'm also looking forward to the bands. Yeah, I've gotten into bands recently and I love watching them perform. They have crazy energy. Of course Dominic, mISTER_b, the list goes on. I'm excited to watch everyone! I always watch other performances before mine."

"I'm an eater, so I eat before I perform. I like to eat unhealthy food although I shouldn't. (Laughs) Um, I always drink lots of water so my throat doesn't get scratchy out there. I usually run through all the changes and transitions just to make sure I have them all, I make sure my costume or outfit is good so no malfunctions. I also pray before each show. They tend to stay the same, really."

"I will say that I have been working with some other artists on their projects so possibly. But solo, I'm pretty much keeping my eye on touring now for next year. I think an album and EP in one year is good, right? People should be tired of my face. (Laughs) Seriously."

"Umm...that' tough. I know I'm looking forward to performing any song off the new album because I just love those songs, especially the uptempo ones with the dances and stuff. I always get excited to perform "All Eyes On Me" because it's such a high energy song, very cool and like chill. Along with "Recovery." Those two really get the crowd in insane mode."

"I think you'll have to wait and see (Winks)"

If you could only take one luxury to a festival, what would it be?

"Ummm....my shower. I don't know, I'm weird about using other people's showers instead of my own. I love showers and bubble baths so I feel like I have to do extra work..if I'm not in my own tub. (Laughs)"

Finally, do you ever have any diva demands when you come to big shows like these?

"I always want pink M&M's! No, I'm kidding. (Laughs) I think the only thing I usually ask for would be candy. I eat an insanely amount of candy before going to perform and going on shows. I'm a candy person, and I love chicken as well. Chicken and candy and water before anything I do, right? But I ask politely, so don't make any rumors about me being a diva, you know, demanding fried chicken and pink M&M's only with spring water. That's not me."
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

snap_itshannah on 26/10/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 26/10/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 26/10/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 26/10/2014(UTC), erich hess on 26/10/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#30 Posted : 26 October 2014 11:03:00(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

As the crowd is getting ready for the final performance of the night, the headliner, a focused Izzy is leading a faithful prayer with her team before the show begins. She considered herself to be a religious person and spiritual so she always wanted to have good karma for her shows and perform the best she could. Once they finished, they quickly went to get positioned on stage and so did Izzy. Tonight was an important performance because it was essentially the gateway for her tour, a small inside look as to how she would present herself during her world tour. It would, most of all, be fun. She loved performing and she found herself improving more and more each time she did it. She was in her outfit, a beautiful gold laced outfit that shined brightly and really made her stand out on stage. She had one some long, black and gold boots which were laced up all the way. As she was getting help hooking her headset on, she was trying to calm her nerves down. Even though she had performed in front of thousands of people before, it never really stopped her from being a bit nervous. Anything could go wrong but she wanted to focus on all the positivity tonight.

Once she got the 'okay' to head to the stage, she took a swig of water and handed it to a crew member, walking slowly towards the entrance of the stage. She could hear the loud cheers. The anticipated crowd, the excitement flowing through the air. It was always like this whenever Isabel arrived on stage. She had a loyal following and group of fans which extended all over the globe. Most people knew the show would be centered around the headliners but some could argue was the one everyone was there to see. If not, she would be in the top 5 at least. She had more than owned the stage in her years of being a performer. Each time she would challenge herself to do new things. Right before she stepped on stage, she was getting a piece of her outfit fitted around her waist. It was the long skirt which she wore when she would perform "Catch Up!" to compliment the bollywood vibe. She had also decided to perform this without her boots on so she quickly got them unlaced, and stood there barefoot. She felt the performance was just easier with the quick feet movement and to lessen any potential hazards. She makes sure it's on securely and then goes to her mark on stage, holding her position. It was dark so nobody could see her yet, or her back up dancers were also in position. Once the lights started to light up, the show was starting and the audience could feel it too. As she stood there in her pose, the beat begin to start playing in which the handclaps in the beat were almost like a thunderous force moving across the amphitheater.

Suddenly, the crowd sees Izzy as the spotlight lands on her. She's in the middle of the girls, who were dressed in black with their skirts around them. She looks out into the crowd, smiling. "Hollywood! How you doin' out there?" The response was an uproar of cheering, and Izzy stepped forward, starting to sing in her breathy voice among the loud cheers. At the same moment, she's doing these intricate hand movements, the dance routine, which the dancers followed along with.

UserPostedImage

Catch up!
Catch up!

[Verse 1]
Always, being, underestimated
You think you've got me figured out
But not until I say
(Catch up! Catch up!)
You've been waiting for me to run away
Rolled the dice and took a chance
I don't wanna play it safe
(Catch up!)
Cus when I hit you, I'll hit you where you won't see it
(Catch up!)
You don't believe me, believe me I'm never ending

[Chorus]
(Catch up!)
I'm through with staying in my own lane
(Catch up!)
I'll never win if I don't play the game
The feeling's ecstasy, catch up! Up, up, up, up
(Catch up!)
And I don't wanna leave you behind
(Catch up!)
But I'm afraid I'm running out of time
I want you next to me, catch up!

[Hook]
Stop me, stop me, stop me, stop me
Don't you stop me, just go faster
I know you've been searching
You've been searching, for some answers
Hold on to my aura, to my aura
Don't let me go
If you hold me back, hold me back
I'll let you go

(Catch up!)

[Verse 2]
So now it's time. For me to leave my mark
You'll feel it here and anywhere
But first climb out the dark
(Catch up! Catch up!)
Come with, me now before I get too far
It's too late for turning back
When the world is almost ours
(Catch up!)
They think I'm crazy, I'm crazy, They think I'm crazy
(Catch up!)
But when they're smiling on top, they'll try to thank me

[Chorus]
(Catch up!)
(Catch up!)
(Catch up!)
(Catch up!)

[Hook]
Stop me, stop me, stop me, stop me
Don't you stop me, just go faster
I know you've been searching
You've been searching, for some answers
Hold on to my aura, to my aura
Don't let me go
If you hold me back, hold me back
I'll let you go
(Catch up!)

[Bridge]
Can't stand by, Impatient
Gonna need a, replacement

[Chorus]
(Catch up!)
(Catch up!)
(Catch up!)
(Catch up!)

[Outro]
(Catch up!)
Higher, Higher!
(Catch up!)
Higher, Higher!
(Catch up!)
Higher, Higher!
(Catch up! Catch up!)

When that song finishes, she takes off her skirt accessory and then allows the next track to start. As the intro plays, she is bending over, lacing up her black boots. Almost as if it were part of the show, which it wasn't but she decided to incorporate it so she wouldn't waste time putting on her boots. When she finishes lacing them up, she stands up straight and continues on singing, adjusting her microphone by her lips and earpiece. She did the same choreography as she did at the FCA's, complete with the same ropes she used there as well. She didn't use the rope until the second verse this time, taking the dip as she faces the crowd upside down and then springs up, her hair falling into place and she's looking more and more exotic. The same hip movements and flirtatiousness carried her through the performance.

[Verse 1]
Sometimes something so wrong, can feel so good
And I know that I shouldn't do this but then I should
There are no boundaries, I'm letting it go this time
I won't be fulfilled, without your touch I'm not satisfied
Then something takes a hold of me, I'm just a prisoner
And it won't let me go, Keep me by your si-i-de
Something takes a hold of me, I'll be your prisoner
But promise not to let me go, and let me insi-i-de

[Chorus]
I'm warning you, you better hold on tight
You're coming with me for a perfect high
Don't you worry about a thing tonight
Cause you won't expect
What comes next (La-da-da-da)
You look at me and it's hard to see
If I'm serious or just insane
Cause you won't expect

(You, won't)

[Verse 2]
What you do, you do it well
But you already know, I don't have to boost your ego
My friends all warn me, that I've come too close
But I can't help it, you are what I'm looking for
Then something takes a hold of me, I'm just a prisoner
And it won't let me go, Keep me by your si-i-de
Something takes a hold of me, I'll be your prisoner
But promise not to let me go, and let me insi-i-de

[Chorus]
Cause you won't expect
Cause you won't expect

[Bridge: Spoken]
Take me to that place, take me in you arms
Hold on tight, make me all yours
Show me how you do, what I've never seen
I swear that I won't bite, I'll show you what I mean

[Chorus]
Cause you won't expect
Cause you won't expect

(You, won't expect it)

After the song ended, she moved on to one of the fan favorites, judging by response from the album, "All These Lights." Although fans probably suspected there might be a special guest with Cinzia being there and her being on the remix, Isabel decided to take this one by herself, proving to be just as entertaining. She pranced around the stage, owning it with her confidence, and sharp dance numbers, all the while the crowd is loving every movement, every lyric, and every piece of the performance that she delivers.

UserPostedImage

[Verse 1]
Something ignites when I walk on the stage
Nothing can touch me, there I escape
Trust me I've learned some new tricks along the way
Like how to put on my, poker face (oh, oh)
Just let me do my thing
And you can watch (you can watch)
Class is in session
You're being taught
How to take charge on the floor

[Hook]
Spotlight is on me and I put on a show (hah, hah, hah)
Green light tell me when you want me to go (hah, hah, hah)
Red light then all of the curtains will close (hah, hah, hah)
Don't have to tell me, I already know how this goes (hah, hah, hah)

[Chorus]
Can't hide or run away everything on display
With all these lights (ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah)
When the music comes on all the fear be gone
Expect me to stand there and quiver
Instead I just deliver
Been learned to let go it's out of my control
With all these lights (ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ha, ha, ha, ha, ho, ho, ho)

[Verse 2]
Something ignites when I'm put on the spot
Feeling this energy, and it won't stop
I become an animal that's got no heart
If you wanna play with me, better be smart
Just let me do my thing
And you can watch (you can watch)
Class is in session
You're being taught
How to take charge on the floor

[Hook]

[Chorus]
Instead I just deliver

[Bridge]
Let's dance
Are you feeling it?
No stopping me (w-w-with all these lights)
Say it again (w-w-with all these lights)

[Hook]

[Chorus]
Instead I just deliver
Instead I just deliver

To keep the momentum going, another fan favorite and dance track, "Rule The World" is her next choice to perform. As the siren synths are going, there's a ray of smoke being blasted from the stage at the same precise time the synths go off. When they clear, Izzy has taken off the headset and is now holding on to her customized microphone. This doesn't stop her from dancing, however, as she continued with her energetic performance.

[Verse 1]
Look at you, presence always so demanding
Reminding me, of a ruler or a champion
Everything about you screams that you know what you're doing
Nothing bothers you, You've got ice in your veins
Look at me, I know I'm your only equal
Don't worry babe, we'll be nothing of a sequel
Between the two of us there's something, others all around are burning
We both know it's not the money or the fame

Rule the world, rule the, rule the world
Rule the world baby, oh, rule the world
We will rule the world, oh baby
You'll be my king, I'll be your queen
We will rule the world

[Chorus]
Watch me on the throne
I'll be the best you've ever kno-oown
Watch me on the throne
(Ooh) You don't believe me?
(Ooh) I make it look easy
(Ooh) Together we can, rule the world

Watch me on the throne
Watch me on the throne
(Ooh) You know you want it
(Ooh) Just go on, admit it
(Ooh) Together we will, rule the world

[Verse 2]
It's too bad, you always go a little lower
Here's your chance, let me repeat a little slower
We can be just everything that people dreamed but know they can't
Reach that level, it just runs through our blood
I'm not a tease, I've just been waiting for the right one
The way you smile, tells me that my search is now done
I'll never hesitate to take what's rightfully mines anyway
That's who I am, And I know I'll never change

We will rule the world

[Chorus]
Watch me on the throne
Watch me on the throne

Watch me on the throne
Watch me on the throne

[Bridge]
It don't make sense that you would ever downgrade
(Rule the world, rule the, rule the world, rule the world baby)
Just one kiss could easily help to persuade, but I know you're better than tha-at

We will rule the world

[Chorus]
Watch me on the throne
Watch me on the throne

Watch me on the throne
Watch me on the throne

Watch me on the throne
Watch me on the throne

She momentarily pauses, to take a small break and then takes in the sound of the crowd, still going strong. Clearly, they weren't tired from her yet and showed no signs of stopping or slowing down so she decided to go on with the next number, a medley of two songs she thought sounded somewhat similar and could be easy to transition in between. She sings a verse and chorus from "Young & Restless" then she goes into "Whatever I Want," singing the bridge and then chorus before closing with the outro of the original song.

[Verse 1]
Silly love letters, you're writing only to me
They think they got you, but they're just too blind to see
Know that you're never ,where you just don't wanna be
Take a look cus I'm not holding back
You know I've never, been good at staying in place
Some like to slow down, but I just pick up the pace
Talking about me, because it's the newest craze
Baby I can bend but I don't break

[Chorus]
Oh, well save my soul and take me to the light
I just can't stop myself and it keeps me up at night
I tried to stay on track but he's just so infectious
Call me young and restless

[Beat break]

//

[Chanting]

Aaaah (Ooh)
Aaaah (Ooh)
Aaaah (Ooh)
Aa-aah
Rebel
Aaaah (Ooh)
Aaaah (Ooh)
Aaaah (Ooh)

[Chorus]
Such a rebel, ring the alarm
Give my regards
And I take charge, do whatever I want
Such a rebel
With an aching heart
Taking it apart
Won't stop, do whatever I want
Give my regards
Such a rebel (Oh!)
Ring the alarm (Oh!)
Give my regards (Oh!)
But I'm gonna do whatever I want (Oh!)

I'm gonna do whatever I want
Forget your rules I'll do whatever I want

[Chorus]
Give my regards
Such a rebel
With an aching heart
Taking it apart
Won't stop, do whatever I want
Give my regards
Such a rebel
Ring the alarm
Give my regards
But I'm gonna do whatever I want

She then moved into some of her old songs like, "When The Lights Go Down," rapping for Chloe who wasn't there. The crowd was definitely amped up at her setlist, performing a mixture of some of her favorites as well as the fans. Things went even crazier when she performed "Control" the dance version which turned into a dance battle between her and her dancers. It was all in good fun of course and she seemed to be enjoying herself. Things slowed down a bit as she sang "Release" and the crowd was swaying along with her as she was raising her hand in the air to guide them.

[Verse 1]
Lovin, Lovin, Lovin never felt so good
Thinkin bout the things that you said you would
Do for me, yes do for me
Not to do to me, I don't wanna be that girl

My body is a temple and you've praised me
Something like a hero tried to save me
Always be that miracle no one did see
To come whisk me away

Can you
Feel it?
Feel it?
Feel it?
Take me away

[Chorus]
We feel so alive when all the lights go down
We dance like a fool not caring who's around
Show me what you do when all the lights go down
Lights go down
Lights go down
Lights go down
Lights go down
I feel on a high and I'm not comin down
Lights go down
Lights go down
Lights go down
Lights go down
Lights go down (Ohhhhh)

[Verse 2]
First you, First you have to quit
Worrying, don't think of it
Let them cry and have a fit
The best advice that I could get

My body is a temple and you've praised me
Something like a hero tried to save me
Always be that miracle no one did see
To come whisk me away

Can you
Feel it?
Feel it?
Feel it?
Take me away

[Chorus]
Lights go down
Lights go down
Lights go down
Lights go down
Lights go down
Lights go down
Lights go down
Lights go down (Ohhhhh)

[Bridge]
I can't imagine life without you he-e-ere (Without you he-e-ere)
I can see the light
It's getting cle-e-ear (It's getting cle-e-ear)

[Rap]
Turn the lights off, yes turn the lights off
All haters fall cus I'm not goin soft
Silk ain't so slick I liked the photo
Thought you would win but not really though
I once was lost but now I am found
And I-I-I-I never fell off still got the cro-o-own

[Chorus]
Lights go down
Lights go down
Lights go down
Lights go down
Lights go down
Lights go down
Lights go down
Lights go down (Ohhhhh)

//

[Verse 1]
I never felt this way before, finally see all the things ignored
I don't feel so shy tonight, infinitely running through time

Arise, my heart, I'm standing in the dark
But I feel all eyes are on me to start
You never know, to go, unless you push yourself
Far above your expected reach

Make me only yours to hold
A vision in the air
Don't you ever let me go
I'll never know happiness

[Chorus]
We grow apart just so we can grow together
Your words are hard but you're lighter than a feather
I lose all of control

I'm losing all control, I'm losing all control
I'm losing all control, all control, oh, oh

[Verse 2]
I love the way you say my name
Nobody else can make me feel that way
Spending all your money on a drama queen
It's so right to be thinking of me

Arise, my heart, I'm standing in the dark
But I feel all eyes are on me to start
You never know, to go, unless you push yourself
Far above your expected reach

Make me only yours to hold
A vision in the air
Don't you ever let me go
I'll never know happiness

[Chorus]
Your words are hard but you're lighter than a feather
I lose all of control, oh, oh

I-I'm losing all control, all control, oh, oh
I'm losing all control
I-I'm losing all control, all control, oh, oh
I'm losing all control, oh, oh

//

[Verse 1]
Here I go again, the same reflection
Years never seem to wash
All the happiness that I once had
How could I dare complain?

But it's real now, so real now, everything closed with sin
Do I inhale? Do I exhale? A fire raging from within

I lost a part of me
To make room for new memories
No longer holding on to the dream, of us so for once we're both free

[Chorus]
I tried, so hard and all the time
To just carry on with my life
But every time something brings me back
Now I, release your hold on me
We've been all that we could be
My senses tell me that you agree, yeah

Under your spell, you do it well but now it's time for my release
Locked in this cell, I hid it well but now it's time for my release

[Verse 2]
Can't live a life like this, I wish I could dismiss
Try to turn back time
Don't wanna think of you, I try to resist
I'll pretend that I'm fine

These tiny feelings, I just can't allow, I don't know where to begin
I paint the smiles on but then I'm not sincere, I just cannot win

I lost a part of me
To make room for new memories
No longer holding on to the dream, of us so for once we're both free

[Chorus]
I tried, so hard and all the time
To just carry on with my life
Now I, release your hold on me
My senses tell me that you agree, yeah

I tried, so hard and all the time (I tried)
To just carry on with my life (My life)
Now I, release your hold on me (Now I)
My senses tell me that you agree, yeah (Ye-eah)

//

[Verse 1]
Change, all they ever do is complain
About the way they have things, sometimes it gets insane, sane, sane,
Boys, we think you see us as toys
Always just playing games, thinking you're all the same, same, same
And then we'll meet a guy who can change our thoughts
No matter how we're distraught
And then we'll meet a guy who cange our thoughts
You'll think that he's the one for you
Missing all the obvious clues
That he's just not that into you
He's got you crazy like this

[Chorus]
Now we go crazy thinking that he likes us
Few weeks later we have no more trust
It's like I love you too, I love you too
I love you, and you too (Ha!)
Deep inside thinkin' bout what could be
Convincing yourselves that it's not likely

[Verse 2]
Please, someone explain to me
How we're caught in jealousy, feeling like it's turned to three, three, three
Now she know this won't end well
But all she can see is male, someone for her fairytale, tale, tale
Missing all the obvious clues
That he's just not that into you
He's got you crazy like this

[Chorus]
Now we go crazy thinking that he likes us

Oooh, oooh, what happened to your pride?
Just push that guy aside, Oh yeah, Oh yeah
Oooh, oooh, And now you're feeling hurt
He's thrown you to the dirt, Oh yeah, Oh yeah

(Ha!)

[Chorus]
(Ohhhh) Now we go crazy thinking that he likes us
I love you, and you too (I love you too)

I love you!

"Hollywood, would you dream with me tonight? For one more time? Let me hear you!" She smiles as she performs her next track, the electronic beat pulsating after the piano intro. Her voice starts off low and gradually gets louder as she jumps up and down with the crowd, a almost ripple effect if someone were to look overhead. She slings her hair, getting into the performance and running up and down the stage. She was like a force on the stage that her fans hadn't seen quite yet. She takes on the next few songs with just as much energy as she had started with, revisiting some old hits and classics from her which allows the crowd to sing along. At this point in time, she finishes her first half of her performance and she momentarily exits the stage, going to the back to prepare for the second half. The crowd is left still amazed but waiting for the next string of dancing and songs to dance to. At the end, she let's mISTER_b's electronic voice sing his part for him as the song ends.

UserPostedImage

[Verse 1]
You've got the gun I've got the key
We don't have long only til 3
But we'll make the best of our mistakes
Only time will tell

I won't deny I'm hooked on you
Don't turn away, do not be rude
I can't understand you right now
Tell me one more time

[Chorus]
Do you dare to dream tonight?
Do you know what it is like?
To be so far and distant, love
Just tell me one more time

Say the things I say to you
Make me believe that this is true
I know we've done this all before
But tell me one more time

[Beat break]

[Verse 2]
Come far away and go with me
Where we will go there'll be no need
To be so cold and worry
We can go all night

I'll take the blame if I offend
Nothing's the same as way back then
I have no need for second thoughts
Tell me one more time

[Chorus]

Say the things I say to you (I say to you!)
Make me believe that this is true (This is true!)
Time, time, time, time, time. . .

[Beat break]

Just tell me one more time!

[Beat break]

Time, time, time, time, time. . .

[mISTER_b]
Say the things I say to you
Make me believe that this is true

INTERMISSION
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Princess_Valentine on 26/10/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 26/10/2014(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 26/10/2014(UTC), erich hess on 26/10/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#31 Posted : 26 October 2014 11:04:18(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Once the few minutes are up, the lights on the stage change to a white cloud, and Isabel steps back onto the stage, dressed in some white shorts and a long white shirt, black boots, and her hair has more volume. She was dressed more casually and relaxed, showing the second half would just be strictly fun now and not many dance numbers. "A-L-L E-Y-E-S O-N M-E, O-N M-E," She starts singing as the urban synths are humming over a familiar beat, as her humming is heard. The crowd starts clapping to the beat to which Izzy responds by doing the same thing. She embodies an entirely different attitude for this song, an air of cockiness around her as she struts down the stage singing. She momentarily stops to dance a little, only just really moving her hips and doing some seductive dance moves as the crowd loves it. She smirks and holds the microphone to her lips, continuing singing.

UserPostedImage

A-L-L E-Y-E-S O-N M-E, O-N M-E
A-L-L E-Y-E-S O-N M-E, O-N M-E
Now wa-wa-watch

It happened on the 3rd day (the 3rd day)
They were waiting for the show to start (show to start)
And now it comes so naturally (so naturally)
Have 'em standing at attention

Can't take their, eyes off, off
Off, off, off ,off ,off
Off,off,off,off,off
Off,off,off

Just can't wait to see this
A bit conceited
You won't believe it
Never needed a reason
Off, off
Off, off, off ,off ,off
Off,off,off,off,off
Off,off,off
(They can't take theirs off)

I can't keep this a secret
You know you need it
Keep this repeated
Never needed a reason

And it happened on the 3rd day (the 3rd day)
They were waiting for the show to start
And it happened on the 3rd day (the 3rd day, 3rd day)
Now they're waiting for the show to start
Oooh, they can't take their eyes off (ooh)

The song stops and switches to one of her most successful singles to date, the familiar intro synth as the lights turn into a light green shade. She looks up at the crowd, who already know what song is coming up, as the beat gains some speed and adrenaline in it. Once she gets to the chorus, the crowd is already jumping without her even having to tell them too. She slings her head once again to the beat, dancing wildly and having fun. She runs down the stage again, lifting her hands in the air, to cease the noise before she goes into her ballad.

UserPostedImage

[Verse 1]
Gray sky is above us and
It pours all past hurts
Wait ‘till the healing begin
And your wounds will stop to hurt
Let forgiveness wash your soul
‘Cause there’s so much life to loose
While your expectations are low
Life will pass in front of you

While breath is in your lungs
Your voice can still be heard
As your heart’s about to burst
Let go off resentments
Let the pain remember your heart can still be cured
Let Love, show you don’t need to take any pill

Let the hope, light the way for your full recovery
Let Love be for your heart the only remedy

[Verse 2]
Walking on thin ice, climbing
Slowly One step at a time
Aiming for the top, be sure
Victory is a matter of time
For all the joy to come
It’s worth to start a fight
Life’s not always a bed of roses
But persistence brings the good vibes

While breath is in your lungs
Your voice can still be heard
As your heart’s about to burst
Let go off resentments

Your full recovery
I’m your remedy
Your full recovery
I’m your remedy

The slow tempo track starts to play as she stands in her place, singing, and then once the beat kicks in she's swinging her hips. Although she didn't do complicated dance numbers in this portion of the show, she was still a sight to see as she just did what she wanted on stage and had fun. There wasn't any thought process to what she was doing, just what she felt when she sang the song. Being one of the slower songs that showcases off her vocals, she was singing without any autotune effect and it was just her. Now, some notes weren't going as planned but the crowd didn't seem to care as she kept singing and they were cheering almost louder each song.

Oooh, ooh, ooooh
Oooh, ooh, ooooh
Oooh, ooh, ooooh
Oooh, ooh, ooooh

[Verse 1]
I'll spread my wings and learn how to fly
Take responsibility if I don't survive
Not a child anymore, Not the same as before
In the past I forgot to appreciate
Solitary moments and all the little things

See my colors how they shine, glowing even without a light
Can't deny I'm not the same, What I've learned with my time

Feels so right, feels so right, feels so right
Mariposa flying so high
Mariposa I become tonight

[Verse 2]
Stayed in my cocoon until I was not afraid
Seems like no matter what I do someone's dismayed
Finally I saw myself at the top
I was my own worse enemy with my own thoughts
Oh, Not a child anymore, Not the same as before

Mariposa flying so high

Oooh, ooh, ooooh
Oooh, ooh, ooooh (x2)

Mariposa flying so high (And it feels)
(Feels so right, feels so right, feels so right
Mariposa flying so high
Mariposa I become tonight)

Once it was over, violins start to play as she smiles. "I love this song, here we go!" She sings the first verse which the crowd were already singing along to. The lights have changed to a lighter shade now, going back to the white light from the beginning. She's calmly walking the stage as she likes to do while singing. In between lines, she is encouraging the crowd to sing louder and soon it becomes a sing along as all you can hear are the audience members and Izzy's voice over the speakers.

[Verse 1]
You told me the last time I needed
To look like a different girl
I thought back and believed you
But now I don't really think it's true
Now here we are and you're begging me
For another chance to let you have the key
To my heart, you want that, but guess what?

[Chorus]
Sick and tired of all your tests
Don't wanna do this no more
It's time that we took a rest
We're always going to war
If you can't handle my worse
Then you don't deserve my best, my best
Because I love all my imperfections
My imperfections, my imperfections
They are the best, my imperfections
My imperfections, oh, yeah, yeah

[Verse 2]
Now that we're finally over
I feel like I can breathe again
You told me about your standards
And now you are the one in pain
I saw the light and the problem too
Spent all that time trying to hurt myself
Not going back since I realized
My problem was you

[Chorus]
Don't wanna do this no more
We're always going to war
They are the best
Then you don't deserve my best
Oh, yeah, yeah

[Bridge]
Thought that I was being foolish
Thought that I just wasn't enough
But now I know that I am perfectly imperfect
And now you aren't so tough, whoa-oh-whoa-oh-oh

[Chorus]
Don't wanna do this no more (Don't wanna do this no more)
We're always going to war (We're always going to war)
My pride is stronger now
Something that you'll never break
I see the look in your eyes
Knowing you've made a mistake
They are the best
Then you don't deserve my best, best

You told me the last time I needed
To look like a different girl

Now was time for her reggae inspired track, "Bounce Back," she does a simple dance routine, her dancers joining her again, and she starts up the new song. She's making very simplified movements but they work hand in hand with the lyrics of the track. She does a lot of hair swinging, which seems to be one of her quirks tonight, showing her diva side, and then she eases back into the dancing.

UserPostedImage

Wa-watch me bounce back, Wa-watch me bounce back
Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun, Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun
Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun, D-Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun

[Verse 1]
You've held me down too long
The ground's not where I belong
Never saw me to be strong
Baby, you've got it all wrong
Persistance I've never lacked
Now I'm ready to start my attack
Ignored all of the signs
Head ups, I'm ready it's my time

(Na Ooh) Nobody knows me better than myself
(Na Ooh) I know that you better prepare
(Na Ooh) I'm sure that you never thought I could b-b-b-b-bounce back

[Chorus]
Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun

[Verse 2]
Now you don't know what to do
Never expected me did you?
I'm walking on my own line
Head ups, I'm ready it's my time

(Na Ooh) Nobody knows me better than myself
(Na Ooh) I know that you better prepare
(Na Ooh) I'm sure that you never thought I could b-b-b-b-bounce back

[Chorus]

Push me once, push me twice, like that (Like that!)
Watch me bounce, watch me b-b-bounce back
Push me once, push me twice, like that (Like that!)

[Bridge]
Lift your head and show 'em that you got no fear
Dust yourself off and let 'em know you're here
(Wa-watch me bounce back, Wa-wa-wa-wa-watch me bounce back)
Lift your head and show 'em that you got no fear
Dust yourself off and let 'em know you're here
I'm sure that you never thought that we could b-b-b-b-bounce back

[Chorus]
Wa-watch me bounce back, Wa-watch me bounce back (Watch me bounce back)
Wa-watch me bounce back, Wa-watch me bounce back (Who-o-oah)
Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun, D-Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun (x2)

Push me once, push me twice, like that (Like that)
Watch me bounce, watch me b-b-bounce back (Bounce back)
Push me once, push me twice, like that (Like that)

Right when the beat ends, she sings acapella to the next song, before the synths kick in and turns into the electronic R&B track it was destined to be. Again, her dancers take center stage here as she just sings this time. They do most of the routine as she chimes in and out with her dancing, sticking to mostly singing. She does, however, dance during the bridge or the song and all the way until the end where she stops singing and just dances. Izzy was one of those artists where she was loved no matter what so even when she just danced, the crowd still gave her a large reaction. She was a very skilled and talented dancer and all of her routines where choreographed by herself. It was a great way to show off her creativity through something else rather than singing and writing.

UserPostedImage

[Verse 1]
Yes I know
We have been up and down this road before
Let you stay, let you go
Let's be alone, Yeah let's be alone (Alone)
But let's keep it quiet, tell no one
Cus we're too close (close)
We've come too far, to let it all go

We keep this loving on repeat, and we do it all again, d-do it all again, yeah we do it all again
We keep this loving on repeat, and we do it all again, d-do it all again, yeah we do it all again

[Chorus]
Stay,
Don't you move don't you go awa-ay
Now it's us you know we don't play safe
No you know we don't play safe
Ain't afraid, Stay
This is one hold I don't wanna break, break, stay

[Verse 2]
Don't cover us
Let them see, let them know, make it clearer
In the end it's only you and me
We can do anything we believe
F-f-f-feel it, feel it? (Ooh)
That's my heart right now, yeah it's beating
F-f-f-feel it, feel it?
It knows you're right there, right there

[Chorus]
Stay,
Now it's us we don't play safe
Ain't afraid, Stay

[Bridge]
Everybody knows we'll never be apart for long (long, long)
We don't even speak cus we know how this goes
So stay, Don't you move don't you go awa-ay (don't you go away) go away
N-n-no you know we don't play safe
We ain't afraid, yeah

[Chorus]
Stay,
Now it's us we don't play safe
Ain't afraid, Stay

Stay
Ye-eah
Ow

Without hesitation, the DJ starts to play her dubstep, dance track, "Muse," which features Eilidh but she wasn't there to perform with her so she'd do her verse then switch to another, having another medley which knocks out three songs. Then she goes into her hit, "Do What You Do" and sombers the mood. She gives a haunting performance, maintaining the same pain and hurt she had in her voice during the recording of it. She managed not to break down and cry this time but she was way too happy to let that happen anyway. She only goes to the chorus and then cuts it off, going straight into "Say To Me" which she also belts out. She gets through the first verse, then the chorus, and heads to the bridge, giving one last chorus, really giving her all in her vocal performance.

[Verse 1]
Take out a new page
So clean and so blank
Mix all the colors and schemes
And then we can create
All your art, they will display
Something so genius inside has come awake

[Chorus]
You can keep your eyes shut
And let your hands move
You can keep your eyes shut
You know what to do (Ooh)
Just paint me with your brush
Fill me in with your guidance
I could be your muse, a ruse, you'll use
Constantly

//

UserPostedImage

[Verse 1]
We're not like how we used to be
You're standing in my wounds so deep
I lit the match to start the fire
Now we're both confused if I'm the liar

I never questioned your words
I trusted everything you said
But when it got tough, didn't want no more then you fled

Sticking to just what I know
It never got me far at all
I dreamt of bigger things for us
But landed on this lonely curse

Sticking to just what I know
It never got me far at all
I dreamt of bigger things for us
But landed on this lonely curse

//

[Verse 1]
We run away when we're too afraid
It's hard to face our mistakes
The lies are too bright so we try to hide
We just look for someone to blame

Maybe something will go off in our minds
So we can live our lives
Maybe something will send a spark to our hearts
So we can live our lives

UserPostedImage

[Chorus]
And maybe I'm repetitive
Or maybe I'm just so damn sick
Of giving you my everything
And you have nothing to give
You have, nothing to give

[Bridge]
Be careful what you say to me
Cause they might be the last words you have
We were never really happy
We knew that this wouldn't last
Yeah, be careful what you say to me
Cause they might be the last words you have
We knew that this wouldn't last

Maybe something will go off in our minds
So we can live our lives

[Chorus]
And maybe I'm repetitive

And maybe I'm repetitive

Her last song was probably going to result in the craziest response as it was one of her smash hits and a fan favorite as well as one of her favorites to perform. "Alright, I have one more song to give you guys, it's one of my old, personal favorites. I wanna hear you guys sing it as loud as you can, okay?" She doesn't say any more, in fact, once the music starts playing, the crowd gets louder in knowing what track is coming. She just sings, not even caring about how she sounds at the moment. She was more excited that she had gotten through so many old songs and new ones and the crowd never stopped loving her or supporting her. It was a true dream for her, something she never imagined she'd experience so young in her career. The first few lines of the song almost speed by and she eventually gets to the chorus, where it's the most energetic and fun. As she's singing, the lights behind her are almost flickering and pulsing, lighting up the audience in different colors. There's some dancers who come out and jump with her as she's singing the chorus and they all just feed off of each other. Dancing and having fun as she did best, Izzy was radiant on stage.

UserPostedImage

[Verse 1]
You can't win, You can't fight
Until you realize it's your time
In this life, In this life
All those years, All those cries
Someone comes and wipes your eyes

Don't be afraid, Take a ride
You've got nothing left to hide
Don't lose your sight, Don't lose your mind
Everyone will start off blind
In this life
In this life

[Chorus]
Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!
You Know, You Know, You Know
(In this life)
Whooa! Whooa! Whooa!
(Take a walk from the shadows)

[Verse 2]
If you don't seek, You'll never find
The hidden glories of your time
You learn to walk, You learn to run
You'll learn to fight without your gun

Don't walk away, Don't hesitate
You have to learn to pass the hate
I know your weak, You can't survive
But no one can easily just get by
In this life
In this life

[Chorus]
Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!
You Know, You Know, You Know
(In this life)
Whooa! Whooa! Whooa!
(Take a walk from the shadows)

I can't live, I can't soar high
If you won't be my wings to fly
In this life

After the song, she waved and thanked the crowd before going backstage but it was clear the audience wasn't done with her yet. It was chanting on top of chanting as she was backstage, they wanted her to come back for one more song. Even after all she gave them, they yearned for just one more song, one more time to see her before the night was over and Izzy wasn't one to deny her fans of what they wanted. All over the amphitheater were chants for the singer to come back and perform 'One more time' and they sounded as if they'd go insane if she didn't.

ENCORE

It was the chanting that did it for her. As she was backstage, she decided to give the fans one more song, and this one was personal and just for them. She smiled, walking back on stage, and started singing as all the lights were dimmed and all you saw was a sea of lights from phones and cameras in the intimate moment. Her voice sounded vulnerable and almost gracious to the fans who were out there to see her. She smiled and as she sang, it was clear the fans were there for her. They were getting one of the greatest performances from their idol or favorite artist since she had been in the industry. She's dancing a little and then the most amazing moment happens for her. Since it was her first time performing the song live, she wasn't sure how well it would go in a crowd this size but when she prompted them to sing, they didn't disappoint. "Let me hear you!" As she sings, the audience responds and they have this back and forth with the chorus as they echo her. Hearing thousands of fans reciting your lyrics, well it was enough to make even the biggest acts appreciate all that's going on around them. The lights are a bright yellow, as she holds out her hands, motioning for them to sing as she cheeses so hard at how amazing it sounded.

[Verse 1]
Nobody's held me higher (higher, higher, higher)
Or loved me like you do (you do, you do, you do)
No amount of words to say (to say, to say, to say)
Hope you've learned my patience (patience, patience, patience)
Forever in your debt (your debt, your debt, your debt)
But keep me in your good graces (graces, graces, graces)
No amount of words to say (to say, to say, to say)
Hope you've learned my patience (patience)
Hope you've learned my patience (patience)
Now, everybody's waiting

When you're lost in the haze ( When you're lost in the haze)
Just focus on my rays (Just focus on my rays)
And you'll get this all from me
From me, sincerely
Hope you've learned my patience
Now, everybody's waiting

[Verse 2]
Just know there's no agenda (agenda, agenda, agenda)
Ooh, these feelings come from me ( from me, from me, from me)
Not enough words (enough words)
But I hear your words too (too)
Mmm, I hear...
I swear you know me better
Better than I ever knew I did, oh
See my faults clearly, clearly
Now, everybody's waiting

UserPostedImage

From me, sincerely
Now, everybody's waiting

[Hook]
Your love I can't repay
Your kindness on replay
Your love I can't repay
This moment on replay
Get this all from me
From me, sincerely
And everybody's waiting

She stops mid song to give a little speech to the audience. "You guys have been so amazing throughout my career and words cannot stress how much I love you all so much. Even when I was finding my way, you all trusted me and you never lost faith, and for that I am forever yours and forever in your debt. So I want you all to sing with me, because this is YOUR song, this isn't mine. YOU helped me with this song and inspired it, so sing as loud as your hearts and voices will go."

(ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
ooh, ooh, ah, ooh)

From me, sincerely
Now, everybody's waiting

(ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
ooh, ooh, ah, ooh)

When she finishes the song, she bows and blows kisses, knowing this time she was really gone for good. "Thank you! I love you so much!" She waves again and then walks off the stage as she leaves the final impression of the night in a line of fun and amazing performances.

Setlist
Catch Up!
What Comes Next
All These Lights
Rule The World
Young & Restless/Whatever I Want
One More Time
When The Lights Go Down
Control
Release
I Love You (And You Too)

Intermission

All Eyes On Me (Intro)
Recovery
La Mariposa
Imperfections (Are The Best)
Bounce Back
Love On Repeat
Muse/Do What You Do/Say To Me
In This Life (Shadows)

Encore

Sincerely
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Princess_Valentine on 26/10/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 26/10/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 26/10/2014(UTC), erich hess on 26/10/2014(UTC), genocidal king on 27/10/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#32 Posted : 27 October 2014 04:16:10(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 2 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 27/10/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 27/10/2014(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#33 Posted : 27 October 2014 05:32:51(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
ARTAX @ Fall Festival 2014 - Sunday October 26th - 3.30PM

For most of the fans in attendance, few of the acts on the Fall Festival bill this weekend will be more of a mystery than ARTAX. Formerly known as Molly's Chamber, the metalcore act, fronted by former Blood of Wecz drummer Josh Meyer, have only released one single to date, as well as embarking on a hugely successful venture around America on this summer's Warped Tour. Unlike many acts who focus on getting music out time and again in order to give themselves a following, ARTAX have sought, apparently, to prove themselves as live performers, building their game and getting a name for themselves as a band that always bring a show filled with energy and skill. While they probably lack the choreography or the overly-managed performances that will be displayed by most of the acts on the festival this week, they bring a passion, love and fervour for music that will be matched by few other acts on offer.

As early in the day as it is, and without a big name due on stage for a few hours, the crowd around the stage in the ampitheater is pretty sparse in the few minutes before ARTAX are due on stage. A couple of thousand people, most of whom are here to secure a place down front for Mister_B, have made their way in, but the place is far from full. Among the crowd on the sunny Sunday morning, however, are a couple of hundred metalheads who have made their way to the show early, whether through curiosity or their desire to see the band, and a few are making themselves known as they start sporadic chanting and singing, breaking the relatively peaceful silence of the early afternoon air at the festival. It's still relatively quiet when the time comes for the first act of the day to come to the stage, so when the backdrop bearing the name ARTAX falls into place, there's only a slight ripple of applause and a few lone cheers among the chatter, facilitated mostly by those who tend to see the earlier acts as little more than a barrier to their enjoyment of the headliners.

When the PA crackles to life, the silence on stage is broken by a rumble, which sounds something like thunder in the distance. This same sound is then repeated a few times, each rumble sounding closer than the one which came before. After a few of these, with the thunder sounding imminently close, the sound is replaced by a long single keyboard note, mournful, quiet and long. The ominous sound continues for a few seconds, before it crackles and fades out slowly, replaced by the gradually louder sound of a garbled voice, which appears to be repeating the same indecipherable phrase over and over again without any break. The crowd still chats among themselves as the few metal fans, stationed near the front, start to spread the crowd a little, creating a gap large enough for the first circle pit of the weekend to open up in. As a few members of the metal group start aimlessly bumping into each other, the ominous keyboard sound cuts totally, and the voice becomes clearer. Outlive...outlast...outdo...outlive...outlast...outlive, outlive, outlive, outlive... it repeats over and over.

At that moment, when the voice starts to repeat the word outlast, the drums at the back of the stage burst to life as Cole Klein unleashes a burst of double kick and cymbals on the crowd. He holds a stick in the air before standing to offer applause to the few fans who acknowledge his arrival on the stage. A second later, the remaining members of ARTAX make their way onto the stage, instruments in hand, led by lead guitarist Dante McCall to a slightly more enthusiastic reception. Finally, the cheering starts, admittedly still subdued somewhat, when Josh Meyer, the only member of the band really known in the mainstream, both for his work with Blood of Wecz and his three solo hits, makes his way out. Dressed in a black sweater and leather waistcoat, the long haired vocalist walks to the front of the stage and looks out to the crowd, smiling slightly. He stops for a few seconds, just surveying the surroundings, before he steps up onto his monitor, motioning for the circle pits to open up. ARTAX are a band that always bring the energy, and they ask the same from the fans in attendance. As Josh asks for the pits to open, Cole hits four quick beats on his hi-hat and the guitars play a long open note as the drums kick into life, thumping a marching beat that signals the arrival of OUTLAST, the band's debut single.

UserPostedImage

Once the main riff of the song starts, Josh, still front and centre on the stage, starts to bang his head in time with the thumping, hard hitting metalcore track. The sheer brutality of the opening of the song, which has burst through the early afternoon air and torn a hole in the peace of the ampitheater. It seems to have caused a few people to pay heed, and whether they are simply standing watching or in the circle pit which is now raging, ARTAX have certainly managed to grab the attention of many of the few thousand in attendance so early in the day. Josh once again signals for the pit to open wider, before he raises his mic to his mouth for the first time and starts to deliver some of the most unique vocals likely to be heard in any band all weekend. His style of screamed vocal comes with vemom, intensity and an anger that is pretty much unmatched and has gone a long way to earning him a reputation in the metal world. As he screams his way through the opening verse, his band start to really show off the sort of energy that got ARTAX recognised on Warped as one of the highlights of the summer. Dante and fellow guitarist Brett Smith are each stood at the sides of the stage, thundering their way through each technical and complicated riff, while headbanging and motioning for the crowd to bring it.

I was led to believe that this was no way to die,
Eyes closed, limbs out, lungs tight, ready to fly,
I spread my arms to look like wings,
A flight to find the finer things,
Blood moves faster than ice but now I'm running dry

As the first verse ends, Josh spits out into the space between the stage and fans and leaps into the air, landing on stage just as the first big note of the chorus hits. "Alright....alright...everybody fuckin' bounce," he screams into his mic, before launching into the anthemic yet still raspy vocal that is the chorus. As he sings, one hand in the air as he meanders through the rebellious and vengeful lyrics that really put this band on the map in the metal world, the rest of the band, save for Cole, bounce on the spot in time with the less thunderous riff, some of the crowd who are suddenly paying attention to this energetic fivesome now also starting to follow suit and bounce along in time. When the chorus ends, Josh smiles out at the crowd and wipes his already sweating brow with one hand, before darting to the side of the stage. He grabs one of the poles holding the stage roof up and leans out towards the crowd as he screams through the second and third verses of the song, and from the look on his face, it's clear that he's putting his all into it. ARTAX may not have a lot to prove to a crowd that is largely not here for them, but this is a band determined to show what they can do. For the rest of the track, through the second chorus and the outro, Josh makes his way from side to side, skipping, leaping and running as he tries to whip the crowd into a frenzy, interacting with them and trying to convey the energetic mood that soars through the veins of everyone on stage.

UserPostedImage

No hope, no head,
No one to ease my dread,
I don't hear what they say,
I've carved this path for me
No hope, no head,
No one to find me dead,
I will not last this day,
I made this bid to be free

When the song ends with a flourish, there's a swell of cheering from the crowd that seems to take Josh almost by surprise. As the pit slows to a stop, he holds a hand up to show his appreciation for the guys in there, before he takes a drink of beer and tosses the can, still half full, into the crowd. "Fall Festival!" he yells, smile plastered across his face. "For those of you who have never heard of us before, we are motherfucking ARTAX from the USA and Australia, and we're here to blow the cobwebs of your hangover the hell away. Who's with us?" He laughs at the cheering and then applauds the crowd, slinging his mic over his shoulder. "Alright! Well that's what I like to fucking hear! This next song is from our upcoming EP entitled The War Within, and it's about oppression and the liberties the government takes with our rights. This song is called FORCED FREEDOM! Let me see you move, Fall Festival! And let's hear it for my good buddy Dante McCall from Sydney, Australia." He laughs and playfully shoves Dante before the latter launches into a ridiculously complicated opening riff, sweeping and picking his way through a fast-paced, high-pitched guitar riff that shows off just how skilful the Australian is at his instrument. At the end of the intro, the rest of the band burst into a metal riff that's far faster and unrelenting than the opening track from the band, and Josh barks his way through a vocal that matches the riff beat for beat. This time, rather than just running from side to side, he starts to climb the rigging at the side of the stage with one hand, using it like a ladder as he makes his way higher whilst firing out angry words about oppression and the freedom of the people. Eventually, he reaches a place about ten metres above the ground as the verse ends, and he turns to salute the crowd, who are by now absolutely enamoured by his daredevil antics. Meanwhile, on stage, the band are firing their way through a song that really packs a punch, with the group vocals ringing out during Josh's escapades really adding a new dimension that sets this song apart from the one that came before.

I've caused too many crimes to see
Your nails and cross will never save me
Fuck the grief, this is treason
We never appreciate this life until it's long gone

So glad I'm on my throne
So glad I'm on my throne
So sick of proving I've got nothing to lose
So happy on my own
So happy on my own
Your eyes so empty when you've no way to move

UserPostedImage

When the chorus to the fast-paced metal track starts to kick in, and the band down at stage level deliver their vocal part, the cameras servicing the big screens at the side of the stage are now focussed on Josh and his antics in climbing the rigging. Below him, the security and a few festival organisers are frantically trying to coax him down from his perch ten metres in the air. It was funny, especially given how straight-laced Josh was in every day life, that his on stage persona would lead him to do such reckless acts. At a break in the track, he smiles and shouts out over the top of the thumping drumbeat "I'm not a fuckin cat...can't get me down like that," before he starts to climb down, causing everyone below him to calm at last. He jumps the last few metres and lands on the stage, before he waves out to the crowd. Before he sings the last part of the song, he waves off the band, who stop playing for a moment, only the drums playing a slow and steady beat. Josh looks out to the crowd. "This is an anthemic part, it's all for the people, so I wanna look the part of like an angry protester," he says with a laugh. He puts his mic down and takes his waistcoat and sweater off, leaving him topless, before he nods again to his band. The breakneck speed of the song is then replaced with a slower section, backed by a sad sounding keyboard, and this time topped off with clean vocals from Josh. His own frantic act to this stage is replaced by a calmer energy as he stops in front of the stage and sings, gazing out over a crowd that is showing an all-new appreciation for a band the vast majority had never heard of before today.

Unguided, forgiven
The false feeling, forced freedom
Unguided, forgiven
The false feeling, forced freedom

When the song starts to come to an end, Josh stops singing and his vocals are replaced by a piano outro played out over the PA. It's clear that this song is about the people, for the people, and the now topless Josh seeks to compound this feeling by making his way to them. He smiles at his band and grabs two beers before walking to the front of the stage. He sits down and then drops to the floor, before he walks towards the front barrier. When the fans reach out to him, the tattooed frontman, now covered in sweat from his energetic performance, smiles at them and starts to high five people as he makes his way along the front row. As the outro of the song continues to play over the PA, and the other members of ARTAX toss guitar picks and drumsticks into the crowd, Josh hugs a few people and points out to those he can't quite reach. About halfway along the line, he spots a guy in a Molly's Chamber shirt, the former name of ARTAX, and he warmly embraces him. He then takes his two beers and opens them, handing one to the fan. They toast together and then take a drink from their beers, before Josh hands his to another fan and makes his way back to the stage. Security help him back onto the stage before he wipes his head and whips his long hair back. "Thank you guys," he says humbly, before holding a hand to his heart. It was clear that the song meant a lot to Josh. He then walks to the back and whispers something to Dante, before walking back to the front of the stage and going down on one knee as he looks out across the crowd, breathing heavily but with a wide smile on his face.

UserPostedImage

"Before we do another song, I just wanna say, Fall Festival, thank you to every single one of you for coming out to see us this afternoon. As a band, we've not been doing this shit for very long, so it humbles us to come to a festival this big and see thousands of people making an effort to come out so early to see us. From the bottom of our hearts, California, thank you for coming to see us this afternoon!" He bows a little to those in attendance and then applauds them again. "Now we only have 15 minutes up here today, so we have time for just one more. Do you guys wanna hear a fast one?" he asks, as he stands back up again. The drums count in four beats as the crowd cheer and the guitars start to play a riff. Josh whips his hair back again and walks over to Dante, putting one hand on his guitarist's shoulder as he looks out across the growing sea of people. "If we're gonna give you a fast one here...I'm gonna wanna see you guys give us something in return alright? This song is from our new EP and it's called CREATURES!" He spits in the air and walks back to his own place in the centre of the stage as the band continue to play through their riff. "Alright, you guys in the pit have done some great fucking work so far, but I need to see some more. Let's get moving. Split....split," he says as he motions for the crowd to split in half. "When I give you the signal, I wanna see everyone out there move. If the person beside you isn't running, jumping or dancing, kick them in the knee, alright?" he laughs. "The pit is your friend. The pit...is your friend," he repeats with a smile. "One...two...everybody fucking goooo!"

As Josh screams go, the band launch into yet another crazy fast opening riff as Josh bounces in place, before he starts to motion for the crowd to jump up and down again. "MOVE! MOVE!" he screams at them, before his own vocal section kicks in. In this song, the vocals are more bouncy and delivered with a beat that really calls for headbanging. As usual, the band themselves are very energetic throughout the verse. Dante is running on the spot, smiling at the crowd who have now been whipped into a frenzy, while at the back of the stage, Cole is putting on something of a masterclass in drumming. All the time Josh spits out the angry but catchy vocal of the metalcore masterpiece, Cole is adding flourishes and fills to his performance, spinning his sticks and occasionally tossing one into the air before he catches it and continues to play without ever missing even a single beat. It's the sort of flashy performance that made ARTAX one of the favourites at Warped, and with this being their last song in front of a crowd that has little knowledge of them before today, they seem determined to really show off what they can do. Dante starts to play the guitar with one hand, and as the song comes to the end of the opening verse, he makes a run across stage and leaps in the air. At the exact second he lands, he swings his guitar around his neck by the strap, before he catches it , much to the delight of the fans, and makes his way to a microphone in time for the melodic group vocal section of the song.

UserPostedImage

Grounding me in a pit of fire in times gone wrong
Lined with visions of a past long gone
Bind the sick, count the dead
Count the graves of those who never belonged.

Caught in a world unblessed for living
Where all the sunset strikes the giving

Following the group vocal, the band bursts into life again, with all members bouncing in place throughout the instrumental and fast-paced bouncy bridge of the track. Josh points at a few people in the crowd who are really going for it. One or two are even singing along, having heard these songs before on Warped Tour. Josh nods and stops bouncing as the chorus nears. He steps back to his position at the front of the stage and holds up his hand before he launches headlong into a chorus that, even though it is metal, screamed and not melodic at all, has the sort of beat that will make it resonate with people and become a favourite of the band's. He smiles as he makes his way through the chorus, his eye being caught by a tower of people in the middle of the crowd, with one guy standing tall on the shoulders of two people below him. When the chorus finishes, Josh points at them and bows. "Someone get the guy on the bottom of that a fucking beer. That's what I call leg strength." He laughs and grabs a beer of his own to toast the effort as the band again hammer through another technical bridge section in the song. As the choruses come to an end and the band approach the end of their track and the short but amazingly sweet set, Josh seems to have one last idea and he whispers in the ear of Dante as the latter plays his riff without missing a note, a true maestro.

We're all haunted by these creatures
Broken, dreams filled with regrets
You sacrifice to keep yourself from the net
We're all hunted by these creatures
Guilty, broken hearts filled up with debt
Here's the time I feel like we can never forget.

After the bridge, the song slows for a second and the band start to play a little filler section. Josh breathes heavily before he walks to the front of the stage and stands up on his monitor again. He gazes out across the crowd once more and nods. "Again, I just wanna thank you guys. We maybe don't bring the lights, the dancers and the fireworks that a lot of the bands you'll see this weekend are gonna have, but we are here to give it our all and bring you an energy that you can feel. I wanna thank you from the bottom of the heart for embracing us and showing us so much love." He smiles happily and takes a few steps back. "In fact, I'm coming to see you all. I love you," he says before tossing his microphone to the floor. He pulls his jeans up and then starts to run to the front of the stage. Much to the delight of the fans, Josh dives headlong towards the crowd, leaving the stage, and he lands atop a sea of hands as the gleeful crowd catch him and start to pass him along, crowdsurfing the energetic and enigmatic frontman across the crowd towards the pit. As Josh moves across the crowd, Dante launches into a guitar solo and headbangs as he delivers a solo that once again displays his own prowess at his instrument. When he finishes his solo, and with Josh still far from the stage, Dante takes it upon himself to sing the last part of the song. As it comes to an end, the delighted fans finally pass Josh back to the front, where security grab him and pull him back over the barrier. He hugs a few of the fans in the front of the crowd before climbing back onto the stage.

We're all consumed by nature's lies, condemned to walk without of lives
We're all consumed by nature's lies, condemned to walk without of lives

We're all haunted by these creatures
Broken, dreams filled with regrets
You sacrifice to keep yourself from the net
We're all hunted by these creatures
Guilty, broken hearts filled up with debt
Here's the time I feel like we can never forget.

UserPostedImage

Josh picks up his microphone one last time, still breathing heavily after one of the fastest, hardest hitting and energetic sets of the whole weekend. "Fall Festival, we love you. Thank you so much. We'll see you soon. Stick around to see our good friends in the Harlots," he says, before dropping the mic and waving to the crowd. The band finish with one last flourish, before they toss their picks and sticks into the crowd once more. Josh bows and hugs Dante warmly, the two with big smiles on their face relating to how well they had been received. Afterwards, they make their way off to the side of the stage as a surprised and impressed crowd cheer for them, highly appreciative of the way ARTAX gave themselves an introduction to be remembered. This is a set that everyone in attendance will be likely to remember for some time to come. Short but very very sweet.

ARTAX setlist @ Fall Festival
Outlast
Forced Freedom
Creatures
UserPostedImage
thanks 6 users thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 27/10/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 27/10/2014(UTC), erich hess on 27/10/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 27/10/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 27/10/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 27/10/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#34 Posted : 27 October 2014 06:41:25(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

[Spotlights at the edge of the stage flash as a moderate-pitched sound played from the speakers, showing Reese’s silhouette but still keeping his front hidden. More said sounds are played as spotlights flash again. Few moments later, the stage was nearly engulfed in smoke and lights at the edge of the stage flood themselves through the smoke and slowly light up the entire band shell, showing Reese sitting on a stairs-like structure with nine pairs of legs in mid-air, covered in pink sparkly body paint. Reese is dressed in stark contrast to his previous performances, going for a male look with black jacket and trousers with a predominantly white shirt.

He sits soundly at his place as he starts to sing the first verse of the song. As the trap sounds play from the speaker, the legs start to move and form a variety of different positions while Reese stays soundly at his position and continues to sing to the pre-chorus. After finishing the pre-chorus, he stands up and turns around and sticks his backside to the audience as he sings the chorus. The glittered bodies take the opportunity of not having the lights on them to silently leave their place and let the singer take the stage.]

I’m on fire, I’m on fire
Your heat is all that I could ever ever want
It feels so high, it feels so high
You are the only drug I'd ever ever want
I want you, na na
I want your eyes, your lips, your body on me
I want you, na na
I’ve been drinking, I’ve been drinking
Drunk on the love, the sex, the everything with you
Won’t get through the night, won’t get through the night
Without your touch, caress, your kisses, everything
I want you, na na
You got me going, going harder than I’ve ever
I want you, na na
Oh, so drunk, oh oh oh oh oh

We walk into the club, and all eyes are on us
No one wants to look away
Drunk on this attention and the lights and the eyes
And we gon’ be here all night
Last thing I recall is the lipstick stains o-on your ass when we made love
I'm so drunk

I’m drunk on your love, your love, your love

[Reese walks further to the front to the stage, singing the second verse on the way. He strikes a fierce pose as the beat suddenly stops halfway through but continues singing. He stays in the same position as he continues singing. The subsequent trap sounds prompt him to correspondingly dip down with his legs spread nearer to the ground. He stays in that position until the last two lines of the second verse, where he rises up again. He returns to his starting position at the front of the stage until the pre-chorus starts.

Lights start to flash and the singer walks further down the stage as the dancers start to dance in slow motion. The dancer crowd on the stage scatters when lights stop flashing and the bass drop halts to make way for the usual arrangement for the second half of the pre-chorus; Reese sings while clapping, prompting the audience to clap along. Another short bass drop occurs as the end of the pre-chorus approaches and it ends as soon as it started, making way for the chorus.]

We're going all night
Your body feeling so right
The bed has never felt warmer without you by my side
Boy, I'm drinking
Maybach, Cristal, some expensive liquor shots
It burns my wallet but it feels so right so why give a damn at all?
Get my brain right, whiskey so tight, I’m on this height
This shit so tight, I’m so enticed, this love so right
Can’t think so now I’m drinking, I’m singing
1+1 in the shower, but Drunk in Love’s my only jam when you’re buried inside me
Inside me, inside me
Riding on this wood, riding-riding on this wood
I’m grinding on it, grinding-grinding on this hard crotch
I’m riding on you, riding-riding on this, good, good

We walk into the club, and all eyes are on us
No one wants to look away
Drunk on this attention and the lights and the eyes
And we gon’ be here all night
Last thing I recall is the lipstick stains o-on your ass when we made love
I'm so drunk

[A mic stand emerges from underneath the stage and Reese immediately walks towards it, hooking the mic to the stand at the instant he reaches it. He starts to sing the final verse at the front of the stage while making suggestive looks at the audience for a while before winking at the audience few seconds later and laughing at his surprising-even-to-himself behavior. The final bass drop of the song happens in the final chorus of the song, which is sung after Reese ripped the microphone off its stand. After the final line of the song, he lifts the stand off its position and puts it to the side, back to his powerful standing position.]

Going harder, going harder
Not gonna sip, just gonna gulp it down
Like a big boy, like a big boy
‘Cause this love is way too intoxicating to miss out, to miss out
This love is too enticing, like Grand Marnier, to just sip down, sip down
Can’t keep my eyes, my lips, my mouth off your body
I want you

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Reese: Good afternoon, Los Angeles. *audience cheers* So I don’t know if y’all know this but I’ve been working on my album for quite some time now. And I am finally able to say that this album is ready. So, I’m gonna be performing some new songs for y’all today, how y’all feel about that? *audience cheers* I can’t hear y’all, can y’all make it louder? *audience cheers louder* That’s what I’m talking about! So that first song is called ‘Drunk’, it’s gonna be my first single, released midnight tomorrow. Check it out on iTunes and Google Play. *chuckles* More details on the album later on. But it’s gonna be a long wait, I’m afraid. December 8th, and it’s called Love?, but you can pre-order now on iTunes and Google Play. So, this next song is something I did with Darkchild, who made magic with this track. We’re gonna slow things down a little bit with this one, okay? This one’s called ‘Mine.’

[A set of soft piano sounds play from the speaker before percussion kicks in and Reese starts the dreamy intro to the song. Said percussion disappears as the singer starts the soft first verse. The beat comes to life when the singer hits the chorus, singing more powerfully than before. The post-chorus applies the same musical structure as the intro, albeit with different lyrics.]

I can’t seem to get you off my mind
Suffocating, I’m now living, dying for your touch
We are on a whole new level now
And I thought it’d stop by the end of the day
But the feelings start to rise

You make me feel like this love would never end
Like our love would never bend
Baby, we were the best
And my dreams of you won’t satisfy anymore
So there ain’t no way to survive
I gotta make you mine

I (I) can’t (can’t) seem (seem) to (to) get you off my mind
Baby, I love (you)

[The second verse starts out differently from the first verse, starting with hard-hitting percussion right away. His vocals are also stronger than the first verse, singing with more power and vocal prowess. These strong vocals don’t last long as the first verse now becomes the second pre-chorus. The strong vocals play out again as the chorus comes around once more. Reese bookends the second part of the song with a high-to-low riff.]

I can’t stand the look of you getting close with someone else
You should’ve been with me, babe, that’s the way it should always be
I remember the day that I turned you down below heavens above
I should’ve let you have me, I should’ve let you take me

I can’t seem to get you off my mind
Suffocating, I’m now living, dying for your touch
We are on a whole new level now
And I thought it’d stop by the end of the day
But the feelings start to rise

You make me feel like this love would never end
Like our love would never bend
Baby, we were the best
And my dreams of you won’t satisfy anymore
So there ain’t no way to survive
I gotta make you mine

Baby, I love (you)

[Reese’s vocal prowess shows the most in this song in its final part. The bridge of the song essentially repeats the chorus, though there are new lyrics to it, and there is more melisma here than other parts. At the title word of the song, which is also the last word of the song, Reese stretches out the note and turns it into a vocal run, going for a head voice-slash-whistle tone fast riff at the end.]

Baby, I love (you)

(OOC: The usage of the character Edward Barat in this performance has been permitted by Famouss7x7)

Reese
Edward

Reese: Wow, you are such an awesome crowd this afternoon. *audience cheers* Honestly, guys, being here on this stage performing is just a dream come true and y’all here just make it sound so better, so on behalf of all the performers here, I’d like to say, thank you. Thanks for all of your support, your lyric-screaming antics, and so much more. Without y’all, all of us here wouldn’t be here so we thank you all. This next song is also a ballad, it’s called ‘Love Me Back’, and we have a special guest on the song. *audience cheers* Y’all are gonna have to wait for this. Without any further ado, this is ‘Love Me Back.’

[A moderate-pitched sound wavers out from the speaker as the singer prepares for the first verse. He starts the verse soulfully albeit a bit breathy. He stays faced with the crowd before percussion kicks in and he turns around, starting to walk further to the back of the stage. He turns around again at the last line of the pre-chorus. He starts to walk to his left while singing the chorus, constantly looking to the right edge of the stage, as if he was expecting someone.]

Tell me something I need to know
Am I a lover or am I a fling?
Tell me, baby, am I a fool?
For loving you just the way I do

And everytime I try to ask, I bite my tongue
And it is no question that I’m still afraid
That if I ask, I’ll lose my tight hold on you
And I kinda wanna hold onto you a little longer

So, please, my baby, just let me in and I’mma let you know that you can love me back
Just tell me, baby, what can I do to get you to trust me with your heart
All I want you to do is just open yourself up to me
Trust me with your heart and soul and I will never let you down
Baby, come on, open up, just let me know what you got
And I will love you back with every cell on my body

[A shadow appears from the far right end of the stage and a tall figure walks out singing, adding a new voice to the song. The figure turns out to belong to Edward Barat, his newly-revealed collaborator on the song. Edward seemingly adds new life to the track, with stronger, more powerful, and more soulful vocals to the song. He inches closer and closer to Reese the more he delves into the second verse. When he finally reaches Reese, which coincidentally is the last line of the second verse, he reaches for the second headliner’s hand and plants a kiss on it right after he’s done with the singing, prompting a light pink to bloom on Reese’s face. The headliner then continues to sing the second chorus, which now has added vocals by Edward.]

I know you’re wondering if you’re really mine
And if your hold on me will ever be tight enough
I think your doubt is really mine as well
That I’m afraid that my hold on you’s not enough

Yet everytime I try to ask, I bite my tongue
And there is no denying that I am still afraid
That at some time, you are gonna leave me behind
Left to the broken pain and heartache of heartbreak

So, please, my baby, just let me in and I’mma let you know that you can love me back
(I can love you back)
(But I don’t know if I can trust you with your heart)
All I really want is to be able to trust again
But you’ll never know when someone’s gonna stab you in the back

And I will love you back with my every cell on my body

[The playfulness of the pair disappears and is replaced by tension as the song reaches the bridge. Edward and Reese sing their lines back-to-back, with Edward going first. At the end of the bridge, all attention is on Reese as he belts the peak of the song at the end. The pair then focuses on getting the final two choruses done, with singing predominantly going to Reese and Edward adding ad-libs whenever he pleases. The song ends with a short vocal run from the lead singer.]

Oh, baby, I know we gotta try to figure it out
We gotta try and try and try and try
But sometimes I worry we’re never gonna make it to the finish line
We gotta try~~~

All I want you to do is just open yourself up to me
Trust me with your heart and soul and I will never let you down
And I will love you back with every cell on my body

(I can love you back)
(But I don’t know if I can trust you with your heart)
All I really want is to be able to trust again
But you’ll never know when someone’s gonna stab you in the back

And I will love you back with my every cell on my body

[The two share a hug as the audience cheers wildly after the end of the song. After a few seconds, the pair separates, Edward swinging an arm around Reese’s shoulders while the headliner shouts, ‘Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for the incomparable Edward Barat!’ Then, Edward waves to the audience with his free hand then leaving the stage after getting his arm off Reese’s shoulders.]

Reese: So, it has come to the end of my set. Y’all take care of yourselves after this. Don’t party too hard, that can only result in hurting yourselves. Okay, so we’re gonna end big here with a dance song. I want y’all to get on your feet and jump and bounce and just do whatever you want, whenever you please that involves activity, because I’m not gonna let y’all sit quietly with this. This last one is called ‘Favorite Kind’. Thank y’all so much.

[A stream of ‘la’’s plays from the speaker as female dancers prance around with Vegas-showgirl-like costumes with feathered ‘leaves’ in their hands. They come to the singer and stand behind him with their hands stretched out to Reese’s front to cover him from the neck down. The singer also retrieves a headset from the hands of one dancer and applies it on his head. After the ‘la’’s end, Reese starts to sing the first verse, standing calmly in spite of the poppy production. The dancers detach themselves from Reese as the ‘leaves’ are brought out of sight to reveal him in a dramatic way. The male dancers walk out silently as the first three lines of the chorus are sung. They start dancing immediately after that, with Reese joining in two lines later. All dancing stops by the last line of the chorus.]

I want you to know me, what makes me feel right
And I want to know you, just tell me what you like
Babe, just forget about the world, 'cause all I need is you tonight
And if you like what you see, then I'm gon' make you feel right, oh

'Cause you're my favorite kind, got me losing control every night
The type that shoves me into overdrive, makes me high and satisfied in every right
You're my favorite kind
The only body you should be scoring is mine, 'cause them other girls got nothing on my grind
I can take you on a rollercoaster ride, yeah
Want you to make me feel like I'm the only girl you'll ever love
Like I'm the reason why you open your heart
Like I'm the only one who knows who you are
Favorite kind

[Reese is feeling extra confident about this song as he starts to strut fiercely along the front edge of the stage. He starts to sing the second verse, growling a passionate vocal run at the second line. After the first two lines, Reese hurries back to the dancers to perform a cardio-heavy choreography. The dancing stops minutely for three words in the chorus before starting again, making harder movements compared to the verse. The rest of the chorus is filled with choreography, yet Reese is still keeping cool, still maintaining all the notes albeit more breathing than from the start of his set. At the last line of the chorus, he starts walking slowly to the front of the stage.]

Want you to love me in the dark of the night
Hold me like a pillow, never let me go
With you, I feel like burning with the most passionate flames ever felt inside
And I'm gon' tell you, bad boy, that it's my heart that you've already owned, oh

The type that shoves me into overdrive, makes me high and satisfied in every right
You're my favorite kind
The only body you should be scoring is mine, 'cause them other girls got nothing on my grind
I can take you on a rollercoaster ride, yeah
Want you to make me feel like I'm the only girl you'll ever love
Like I'm the only one who knows what you are
Favorite kind

[The singer dips down and holds both of his hands out for the fans to grab while he himself keeps singing the bridge, which is essentially a repeat of two lines. After the bridge is done, confetti is shot out from the two confetti cannons at the two sides of the stage and Reese hurries back again to perform the choreography, which now has a lot more people participating. Pyrotechnics then appear from the top of the band shell when the outro comes along. At that time, Reese keeps jumping up and down while singing the outro.]

You make me feel so right, let’s take it, make it higher
Make me lose all control tonight, just get me feeling so high every night
You make me feel so right, let’s take it, make it higher
Make me lose all control tonight, just get me feeling so high every night

You're my favorite kind
Want you to make me feel like I'm the only girl that you'll ever love
Like I'm the only one who understands

You’re my favorite kind
Favorite kind
You’re my favorite kind
Favorite kind

[After the music stops, Reese shouts out to the audience, “THANK YOU!”, then leaves the stage quietly after bowing to the audience and the dancers has left.]
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

snap_itshannah on 27/10/2014(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 27/10/2014(UTC), erich hess on 27/10/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 27/10/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 27/10/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#35 Posted : 27 October 2014 07:14:27(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

the wail of an air raid siren blares through the speakers amidst an empty stage. people look around after a minute or two,wondering if this is just a test or a band's intro. the drone of a multiple propeller airplane gets louder and louder until its near deafening. when people look up,they are greeted by the sight of a b17 flying overhead.
UserPostedImage

the terror starts to take over when the bomb bay doors can be seen opening and a single bomb drops from the airplane. some people try to clear a spot for the bomb to fall,some vomit and wet themselves. still,others go in for that last kiss or confess their love to those who friendzoned them. like in the movies,a whistle is heard as the bomb hurtles towards the crowd. seconds later,a loud explosion is heard before t shirts,glitter and thongs go everywhere. the harlots,never one to SELL merch,have no problem with giving it away. especially when explosions can be involved.

while the crowd was concerned with certain death,the harlots took the stage. free shit works wonders to mask the awkwardness of coming on stage.
"hellloooooo,fall fest!" erica squeals with excitement. her already high pitched voice reaching new levels of anime girlness. erica is wearing what appears to be a bootleg gemma shirt,whom she famously doesnt get along with.
UserPostedImage

the crowd roars back at her. its been many months since the harlots had last been seen on stage. the band has a large following,somehow. but many more are here just to say they've seen the harlots live.
"ok,fall fest. its been a little while since we last played. so we have a special treat for you." erica coyly says and looks to nina. nina grins back at erica and walks over to her. she bows as the cheers go up. nina visibly blushes. erica hands nina the microphone and nina passes erica the guitar.
nina takes center stage and clears her throat. "sing along if you know the words. this is "english civil war",loves....by the clash. which you should already know.

UserPostedImage
nina singing

UserPostedImage
erica playing

seeing a woman in full evening wear singing punk rock is not something you see everyday. the (now) crimson tressed nina pulls it off wonderfully. she may be a much classier lady than she once was,but she can still let loose a proper snarl when needed. her cockney accent making joe stummer sound like an enunciation instructor.erica plays furiously,bouncing from one end of the stage to the other.

the song ends to the thunderous applause. erica pants heavily as she hands the guitar back to nina. she shakes her hands out and makes a dying face.
"good fuck almighty. i dont know how nina does that,song after song. my arms feel like limp dicks hanging off my body." erica says,her exhausted breathing audible.
"what would you know about limp dicks?" someone in the audience yells back.
chloe answers with a "ba dump dump tish" on her drums. erica grins and starts giggling. she takes off her jacket and t shirt amidst various cat calls. erica starts wiggling seductively as she finalizes removal. nina plays "the entertainer" briefly on the guitar. erica returns to the mic,now in much cooler sleeveless dress. she grabs the mic and motions she is going to throw it. she doesnt want to knock anyone out with it. she picks up a bullhorn from atop an amp.
"right, wont be needing that." her voices crackles through the PA. she tosses the mic to the crowd. nina starts playing a quick ramones style sound. erica starts bouncing and brings the bullhorn up and starts singing in it.

UserPostedImage

the song is fast,catchy and lends itself to sing alongs. the harlots have nearly perfected this formula over their career. the crowd morphs into a huge circle pit an bodies start flying every where. the b17 makes another pass and drops more merch bombs. this time its a chain of 5 bombs. more t shirts,more thongs,more glitter falls on the throng of people.

" that was my neighbor fucks for P.E.T.A awareness" erica announces through her bull horn.she makes a little circle motion with her hand,and the nina and chloe pick right back up and segway into the next song.

the next song is relentless in its speed.nina takes a power stance,which is certainly a sight to behold given the evening dress and all. the pit now expands and threatens to envelop the entire venue. people are climbing the barriers and overwhelming security,who finally just give up and let the crowd surge forward. erica holds up her bullhorn to anyone who passes her on stage. most fans are making up their own lyrics to the song. most work,some dont. but everyone is having a blast. during the bridge,erica shoos them all off stage. her new found mother powers seeming to work swimmingly on drunk punk rock fans.after everyone is back off the stage,erica picks up singing and the song ends abruptly. "that was danny is into cock rock now.....and whatever the fuck you guys were singing! we're the harlots. you're you. thanks for coming out! we love ya!" she squeaks into her bull horn. she,nina and chloe link arms and bow.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Princess_Valentine on 27/10/2014(UTC), erich hess on 27/10/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 27/10/2014(UTC), genocidal king on 27/10/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#36 Posted : 27 October 2014 07:32:28(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

Songs of our album together, the reaction on the tour it’s being fucking incredible, why we would add stuff that doesn’t make sense…

Not much, I mean, there is some people I’m looking forward to have a drink, I dunno, I’ll be watching everyone, at least the people who’ll perform the day we’ll be performing.

We don’t have so many actually, we try not to drink, even though we sometimes drink on stage, blame us on that.

I don’t know if it’ll be out before the end of the year, but certainly, there’s gonna be a second Mutual Addiction album.

“Bad Influence”, because it summarizes the influence of Alex on me, he’s a bad influence for me (laughs) but I fucking love it!

We’re gonna get naked. No I’m kidding, it’s just us and our band, and rock music, rock is not dead, you know.

What prompted you two to start this duo?
I cannot think of a reason for that, well we are much alike, you know and now being in a relationship with him, we finally decided to say that we’re dating, because we feel like being truthful to each other right now, so I think it’s a mix of sex, love, alcohol and rock ‘n roll.

Do you two ever feel like you disagree with the direction you want to go in?
We have a philosophy of just going with the wind, you know, just do it and see what happen, I can’t remember of a fight, maybe we had some issues in the beginning, but most of the time we’re so passionate about each other’s and our music is just a reflection of that.

Is it easier or harder working with another person as opposed to being a solo artist?
It’s two sides of a singer, I still have my solo stuff and I want to keep my solo stuff but also I have this, we have this duo project as a scape from our loneliness, it’s so good to be with someone you can have sex and make music the same time, you should try it.

And finally, would you consider yourselves underdogs or do you feel like you've made your presence as a duo known?
Alex would say “What the fuck is an underdog”. I would say, people know us, in different ways and aspects, there are some people who know us because of tabloids, so they probably say “two drunk and drugged pervs” LOL. But there are some cool people who say “they’re together making rock music, cool mix” and finally cooler people who would say “Julia is sexy and Alex is hot” that’s how things work for us.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Andre Gandra on 27/10/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 27/10/2014(UTC), erich hess on 27/10/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 27/10/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#37 Posted : 27 October 2014 07:49:58(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Mutual Addiction Fall Festival performance

Drums introduces the most outrageous duo of the festival, they’ve been recently touring the world with their “Bad Influence World Tour” and so far so good they announced that they are in a relationship, it not only made their performances live sexier but also very attractive to a mature audience, after all, everyone wants to be a voyeur nowadays. The drums give space to an electric guitar riff and there comes Julia playing the particular riff on her guitar, Alex comes just by her side, the crowd knows how sexy these two rockers looks when they come walking, girls in the audience started to scream for both of them don’t forget that Julia is bisexual and that makes the combination explosive and toxic. The first track “Oxygen” is their lasts single, well it’s been almost three months of its release, but yet it’s a single, the crowd knows the word, Julia plays the guitar, Alex gives the best vocals of the moment, his voice is raspy and high it has a rock and roll vibe all over it. The tow often look at each other, smile and winks, they also interact a few with the crowd, Alex seems more charismatic than Julia, but people love Julia’s attitude, she was always that way “Fuck off, I’m a rock star” contrasting Alex affecting relation with the audience, this contrast is really good for the stage presence of both. Julia wears a long black shirt with black bra, yes we’re allowed to see her bra! She wears socks, no pants and high heels, heavy dark eyes, she looks damn sexy, Alex wears a black jacket and a red shirt, best thing about them is that they have distinct personalities and their way of dressing express this personality, Alex has tattoos all over his body, Julia doesn’t have any tattoo, Alex has a messy dark hair, Julia is pale and blond, it’s almost as if they could starring a porn movie together, so sexy they look.

UserPostedImage

The next track is the title track of their debut album which by the way already hit the three million mark of sales, very impressive for a rock band nowadays. “This is a Wasteland” is a delightful performance; the subject of the track is basically Alex saving Julia from her depressive suicidal thoughts, so Julia doesn’t play the guitar and both seem to be singing for each other, Julia hillsides her head on Alex shoulders as he sings the verses for her, later they share some glances and give hands and Julia walks away and then comes back closer to him as if they would kiss, but they don’t, all of those random actions are highly celebrated by the audience present, there’s tension between them and passion, it’s no doubt. They were hyped during the European festival season earlier this year just because of their behavior. Once again, Alex delivers a marvelous vocal performance, Julia has a singular voice too, but those two first tracks didn’t explore her potential, but she’s a good singer as well.

UserPostedImage

Finally came the time they talked with the audience, very briefly. “What’s up everybody!” says Alex “How wonderful you look over there” he continues, Julia then talks too “We’re so happy to be here” the crowd cheers to their cheap talk, Alex finishes the conversation “This next song is slow down one, we’re gonna get our acoustic guitars to perform it for you, it’s called ‘Final Moment’”. Behind two pedestals, they play acoustic guitars and perform the heartbreaking “Final Moment”. Now we perceive Julia’s vocal range, their voices sound as one at some parts of the track, the connection is undeniable. The folk oriented track, allows the audience to raise their mobiles so they could film the couple performing the track, videos like this went viral on the web, especially when they were touring in Europe. Julia often looks to Alex and subtly smile, Alex seems to be focused on the singing and the crowd in front of him. It was the best performance of their short set, vocally and the chemistry as well, really impressive.
They took off the acoustic guitar to perform the hit single “Bad Influence”, it’s another come and go sexy advances from Julia towards Alex, the crowd loves it. The track is rock and roll on its core and it has a sexy drum base that allows Julia to perform some moves, if you understand me, she’s all about the performance and Alex seems to enjoy her weird moves, lest not forget to mention that both were drinking whiskey during their performance, Julia also lighted up a cigarette before they started to perform “Bad Influence”, she is just like that and Alex seems amused by her misbehavior, he often grabs her on her waist the same time she’s singing. They end the performance with a widely clapping from the crowd, they didn’t talk with them, but they blow kisses and wave to them as they leave the stage.

Set List

1- Oxygen
2- This is a Wasteland
3- Final Moment
4- Bad Influence
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

erich hess on 27/10/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 27/10/2014(UTC), genocidal king on 27/10/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 27/10/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 27/10/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#38 Posted : 27 October 2014 08:20:40(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

"All new! This is my first live performance since I released my debut album, and I am sooo excited! Most of these songs, nobody has ever seen performed live before, so it's like I'm doing an art unveiling of my final project. Ta da! *laughs* Sorry, I'm really hyper right now. I just get so excited when I talk about getting to perform these songs live. I know my fans had to wait a long time before I finally released my album, and I really hope it was worth it in the end."

"Is 'all of them' too generic of an answer? *laughs* I'm just really looking forward to seeing everybody in general! I know Glamazon, Isabel, and mISTER_b are going to kick ass on stage. But I'm pretty excited to see Abie Lena, Brandon Caulfeild, Mutual Addiction, The Harlots, Nova... It's going to be a great three nights."

"I call my parents. I know that sounds so dorky, but I do it before every big show. They've always been my biggest supporters and fans - I really don't know what I would do without them - and they always put me in the right mindset to do a show. It's like they're magic. They always know exactly what to say to make me less nervous, and ready to kick some ass! *giggles* They would be so offended if they knew I just said that about them, though."

"Oh, nothing new before the year is over! I need to give myself time to get the creative juices flowing again before I even think about starting on a new project! I don't know how all the other artists do it, really. This album absolutely wore me out. I think all my fans will be able to expect from me for the next few months is a couple interviews, and tweets about how much I hate the gym."

"I wouldn't say that there's a specific song that I'm most looking forward to singing, but I'm definitely looking forward to playing all the new songs off of my album. I have a lot of fun with all of my songs, but songs like 'Taken' or 'Heart Drop' really get me into it. When I was rehearsing, everything we would play 'Heart Drop,' I would end up bouncing around the stage with my hair flying everywhere and my make-up running. *laughs* I'm excited for that. Defintely."

"Ahhh, no special guests, guys, sorry. I'm being really selfish with my stage time. Heh. As for special surprises? I don't knowwww... You'll have to see! OooooOoooh! *laughs*"

Out of all your collaborations so far, which would you name your favorite and why?
"Oh man! I did two collaborations on 'Heart Drop,' one with Maddie Urie and the other with Vara Gallo. Vara is one of my best friends - she actually helped write a good portion of the songs on Heart Drop. She and I are really close, which is why I think it's fine for me to say that my favorite collaboration was been with Maddie Urie. She was so easy to work with, and didn't seem to mind that I change the lyrics four or five times while we were recording. I was a mess then, trying to get ready to come back to the music world. I'm just really glad it all worked out in the end."

Who were your inspirations in music that made you want to start creating music?
"I used to stay up all night when I was a kid, listening to Stevie Nicks and Patti Smith. They were my girls, you know? I wanted to make music just like them, and to be rock goddesses like them. But then I also loved Billie Holiday, Peggy Lee, Rosemary Clooney... They knew how to sing and make you feel something when you heard them. Without them, I don't think women in music would be where we are today. Actually, I don't think music in generally would be where it is today."

Which do you prefer, large festivals such as this or smaller, more intimate shows?
"Hmmm... That's a tough one. I do really love large festivals like this, because it's like there's a comraderie with everybody in the crowd. Like, there's all this energy from the audience that they're projecting right on to you, and everybody seems to be having a good time. I think that's awesome. But the smaller, more intimate shows are great because you get to connect more with everybody. In those smaller shows, I have a chance to make sure everybody knows that they're not just another audience member. I really do appreciate everybody who comes to see me and who cheers for me and who sings along. Seeing them having a good time is the most important thing to me. But in those smaller concerts, I can make sure that everybody is feeling that way."

And lastly, what's next for Sara Daniels?
"Hahahah, Sara Daniels is just going to chill out for a little bit after this, honestly. And I'm looking forward to it."
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

snap_itshannah on 27/10/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 27/10/2014(UTC), erich hess on 27/10/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 27/10/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#39 Posted : 27 October 2014 08:35:04(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

"Sara Daniels may have taken her time giving her audience an album, but she definitely didn't waste any time getting the crowd charged up with her Fall Festival performance Sunday night at the Hollywood Bowl Amphitheater. Sara's performance was absolutely electrically charged as she spent most of the night transitioning between showing her girly side, jumping around the stage and giving out waves of energy to the audience; to her more sexy, tough chick side, complete with her occasionally staring down members of the audience, pointing menacingly at them in parts of the songs. Sara constantly gave a feeling of enjoyment the entire time, seeming to love every noise and scream that she could make her audience give her with her music. Those who have watched Sara transform over the past couple of years could definitely say that this concert was a milestone in her career, and in her as a person.

The stage started off dark, with only the dying glow of the Sunday evening sun giving any light on the stage. There was then that the beginning of one of Sara Daniels' older singles, 'Obsession' began playing, throwing the crowd into a frenzy. Sara stepped onto the stage as she started singing - with most of the audience singing along with her. The audience participation during Sara's set was through the roof, which was surprising, see how her album has only been out for a few days. But, of course, the song that got the most people singing along with her was definitely this opening song, 'Obsession.' Sara felt no need to censor herself on stage, singing the explicit lyrics of the song, and adding in hand gestures - a single slender finger across her throat with each lyric of her proclaiming that she'll "slit your fucking throat open." The crowd seemed to love it, going crazy as soon as the chorus started, wanting Sara to give them more and more. Right after 'Obsession,' Sara went into 'Smile For You,' one of her new songs. Of course, there was less of a crowd following with this song, and I got the feeling that many of them - although enjoying seeing Sara Daniels on stage - were waiting for another song that they could sing-along with. Sara finished 'Smile For You' and addressed the crowd, doing the obligatory 'thank yous' to all of them, and talking about what an honor it was to be with all of them. Again, most of them seemed to want Sara to hurry it up and continue on with the music.

Sara started her next song by introducing it as a song that she recorded with one of her best friends. Many people in the audience - Sara Daniels uber fans, I assume - seemed to immediately know what song Sara was talking about, while other people - like me - were unsure if Sara was talking about 'Hate You' (which she recorded with Maddie Urie) or 'Good Enough' (recorded with Vara Gallo). She answered this question very soon afterwards, though, when her band began to play 'Good Enough.' I have heard the album version, of course, but it is difficult to compare that version with the version I was performed live Sunday night. Sara seemed in full control of the song, not giving any of it up to somebody else. On the parts that would normally be harmonized with Vara Gallo, Sara harmonized with her male guitarist, giving the song another new sound with the adding of a male voice. This live version seemed much darker than the album version, giving the meaning behind the song a much heavier attitude. But the audience enjoyed this change, and it was obvious that it was a particularly favorite track on the album for many people. Sara followed up 'Good Enough' with 'Hate You,' singing this one by herself as well instead of with Maddie Urie, as it was recorded. This sound was echoed back to Sara as well, making a large smile grow across Sara's face that didn't leave for the entire rest of the track.

'Blah Blah Blah' and 'Can't Fight' were Sara's next songs, throwing the audience into frenzies again as both songs were very well-received singles before the album was released. Sara seemed to be having a lot of fun on stage while singing 'Blah Blah Blah,' almost reenacting the song's music video in her performance with her facial expressions. Even though she looked genuinely annoyed by her date - as the song talks about - she still seemed like she was having a great time, especially when she held the mic out and let the audience sing the chorus for her at one point. Sara performed 'Feels Right' after 'Can't Fight,' a much slower song than her others. She played the piano herself for the performance, keeping the audience entranced by all the emotion she poured out from her instrument and her voice. While Sara kept her voice steady, there was always a feeling like she might start crying at any moment during the song. A young girl standing next to me - maybe about 15 or 16 years old - was crying during the song. It was a somber moment that everybody in the crowd shared before the song ended and Sara stood up from the piano, drinking in the applause that she was given. There was a short pause between songs as Sara asked how the crowd was doing, receiving a loud cheer, causing her to giggle. Sara giggled and laughed often in between songs, seeming to remind everybody that she was still a playful young woman, and not a complete professional, like some of the more experienced or older stars in the festival might be. After she was done conversing with the audience for a few moments, she backed away from the mic and got into a different head-space before the musical intro to 'Taken' started.

Out of the entire performance, 'Taken' was my favorite track to watch her perform live. There didn't seem to be any pre-planned choreography to the song, but with the way that Sara moved across the stage with the song, you could have easily told me that there had been weeks of planning in every single one of Sara's movements, and I would have believed you. Sara locked eyes with every person close to the stage throughout the course of the song, adding dirty looks and winks with each dirty line that she sang. The hoots and hollers from the audience seemed to just encourage her to keep going as Sara continued to absolutely ooze sex appeal during the performance. At the end of the song, a girl near the front of the stage threw her bra at Sara, who caught it with a surprised look on her face. "Oh my gosh, thank you," was all Sara said back with a laugh, coming back to her normal punk-rock-girl-next-door self when the song ended. The crowd cheered the loudest I had heard them cheer that night so far as Sara draped the bra over the side of the piano, giving one of the cups a little squeeze, adding in a little moan as she did. Everybody was having as much fun as Sara was now, and Sara picked this as a perfect time to launch into a cover.

Sara's next song was a cover of No Doubt's 'Ex-Girlfriend,' a song which she executed quite well. Nobody could ever equally match Gwen Stefani in that E minor girl rock, but Sara threw in a bit of her own style into the song, replacing the flamenco-style guitar riffs with electronica-style beats, falling down in octave, the same way the guitar riffs did in the original. Some people in the audience seemed to enjoy this cover, liking the spin Sara put on it, while others seemed like they would have preferred it if Sara had just sang the song like she was singing karaoke. Either way, Sara didn't really seem to care, continuing on with her cover.

'Bitched & Cried' and 'Bad News, Baby' were next, both songs playing heavily into the pop-rock genre that Sara seems to mostly fall back on. Both songs were crowd-pleasers - and were the types of songs that the audience could easily sing along with, so many of the audience members seemed to be happy with that. After those two songs, Sara let the crowd calm down a bit before announcing, "This is a song about an old Welsh witch." A large portion of the audience knew exactly what Sara was going to play, cheering loudly for her, but others remained confused until Sara began singing her cover of Fleetwood Mac's 'Rhiannon,' echoing what Stevie Nicks always said in live performances right before she began playing the song. The cover was gorgeous, giving Sara a chance to showcase her voice. In the climax, Sara's vocals became so emotional and passionate that she seemed to be having a religious experience of some kind on stage, her eyes wide and her head tilted back with such excitement. After 'Rhiannon' ended, Sara treated the crowd to another cover, this time Violent Femme's 'Blister in the Sun.' While 'Rhiannon' seemed to be all about showing the crowd what Sara's capable of and trying to impress them, 'Blister in the Sun' was definitely a cover focused on Sara just trying to have fun on stage while singing one of her favorite songs. She had everybody in the audience clapping along with her by the end of the song, a huge grin on her face as the last notes of the song were played and the stage went dark - now completely dark with the last bit of sunlight that was there at the beginning of the performance now gone.

The stage stayed dark for a few minutes before the crowd started chanting for 'one more song, one more song.' Of course Sara obliged - as if she wouldn't. Without any warning or sign that Sara was going to begin playing again, 'Heart Drop' started on stage, sending the audience into a startled, but excited cheer. Sara danced around the stage throughout the song, bending down and touching the hands of her fans around the edge of the stage as she did, singing the song with the most energy she had all night. When the song ended, most people in the audience assumed that Sara's set was over, but she surprised us all with one more song - 'Where the Lights Shine.' This was another song that was a fairly popular single before the album was released, and most people in the audience knew it, and sang along with Sara. Seeing that everybody else was as into the performance she was, Sara gave this final song her all, performing it better than the album version could ever compare to. As the song ended, Sara gave her last thank yous to the audience before letting the stage go dark and disappearing off stage.

Overall, I'd say that for Sara's first live performance with a plethora of new songs, she completely hit it out of the park. I look forward to seeing what else she plans to add to her stage show later in her career, and watching her grow as a more experienced performer with each show."

SETLIST:
1. Obsession
2. Smile For You
3. Good Enough
4. Hate You
5. Blah Blah Blah
6. Can't Fight
7. Feels Right
8. Taken
9. Ex-Girlfriend (No Doubt cover)
10. Bitched & Cried
11. Bad News, Baby
12. Rhiannon (Fleetwood Mac cover)
13. Blister in the Sun (Violent Femmes cover)
---ENCORE---
14. Heart Drop
15. Where the Lights Shine
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Princess_Valentine on 27/10/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 27/10/2014(UTC), erich hess on 27/10/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 27/10/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#40 Posted : 27 October 2014 09:20:55(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

"There's a lot of choreography involved, since I love dancing, and just a performance of my older songs mixed in with my current and new ones. I just wanted this set to be fun and have that club vibe. It's mainly just about the energy and having a good time. I want my fans that have come out to see me to enjoy themselves and enjoy the music as well."

"For the most part I'm just glad that artists were able to come together to support an important cause but there are a few artists whose performances I don't want to miss. I'm looking forward to seeing Glamazon and Cinzia Ricci. Both are very talented and are beautiful women. Also my good friends Isabel, and mISTER_b are here and both are headliners. So I think they will put on an amazing show for us and do something special. I honestly can't wait to see what everyone does and yeah I just hope that everyone has fun."

"When I'm back stage getting ready I like to eat and drink things that will give me energy. I also like to drink a lot of water to make sure that I'm hydrated before I go out onto the stage. Usually it just depends on what kind of set that I'm doing. If it's one where I need to be pumped then I'm trying to get my energy up but if I need to just be relaxed, water usually does it for me. Lastly I also like to get the crew together before we go out to say a little prayer to make sure everything goes just right and that everyone is kept safe."

"Oh yeah, definitely. I'm actually going to be coming out with a new single soon and I plan on releasing a song for Christmas. I did a Christmas song once before and it was great so I'll do it again. I already recorded the song so I'm just waiting to decide on a good time to release it. It can't come out too early and it can't come out too late you know. So my fans should look out for that. As for my new single that's coming out, I'll be dropping that real soon. Maybe sometime around the same time that I drop my EP or sometime before."

"There's actually a lot of songs in my setlist tonight that I'm happy to be performing. I announced on Twitter that I would be performing the songs from my EP. So fans that come out tonight will get a first listen of the EP and I'm excited. I guess they can consider it their own private album listen party but in this case it would be a EP listen party. (laughs) After like months of hard work, I finally get to share my new material with my fans. To be honest I'm excited and nervous at the same time about that but I think everything will be alright."

"It's funny you should ask that cause I actually do but can't really say with it being a surprise and all. (laughs) I can say though that what I have planned for tonight is going to be amazing and I promise it'll be worth the wait. I appreciate the fans that have purchase tickets, to not only to see me, but to support a good cause as well. So for that I'm going to take care of them and show them a good time tonight during my performance. Just consider me the pre-party before they go turn up with mISTER_b later tonight. (laughs)"

It's been a huge year and wonderful comeback for you, also you've managed to find stability in your personal life as well. Is this all a shock or did you sort of see the year turning out like this?

"Um to be honest it was a bit of a shock to me. I remember at the end of last year how I was planning on my comeback and I was just thinking like what if they not feeling me anymore. It was definitely hard trying to figure out how my fans would react after all this time away but I just put myself out there and took a chance. Luckily enough my fans missed me just as much as I missed them and everything has been good since. As far as my personal life, I normally don't discuss that but I feel like I have nothing to hide. It's always going to be out there since I'm always in the eye of the public. I do have what say in the things that I can share though so I won't talk about everything that happens in my life. I deserve to have privacy but I will say that I'm happy that I met someone that I could spend the rest of my life with. I couldn't imagine a life without her and I'm lucky to have her by my side."

Your EP, "Unrequited Love," focuses on love songs and lyrics. Were you personally effected by these topics or did you have to really create a story here?

"All of the songs on the EP come from personal experiences or experiences that people close to me have shared with me. The EP serves the purpose of holding my fans over til the album comes out, cause of the long wait for new music, as well as giving them a taste of what's to come on my album. The album will be a concept album about relationships and from start to finish each song will just tell a story of how a relationship begins and ends. I'm really excited about it cause the songs that I've recorded for it are even better than this EP. So when the EP drops and you're in love with each song, just think how the album will be. It's going to blow your mind and make you want more with every song that you listen to."

Who would you say your favorite collaboration, so far, has been with?

"Damn that's a tough one. Ummm I mean I love each and every person that I've collaborated with already. They've each taught me something different and helped to open me up with new ides and ways of thinking. If I had to choose though I'd probably say mISTER_b cause he opened my eyes to a new possibility of music that I could do. I don't believe that if I never would have worked with him on his album that my latest single would be out right now. I mean it could have eventually happened but maybe not as fast. I was already heading in a new direction with wanting to do pop but I never would have thought to want to start doing EDM music. I love it and have a strong passion for it the genre now. So that's what I'm trying to say that each person that I work with they teach me new things about myself. Whenever I think something isn't going to work, they prove me wrong."

Your amazing performance at the FCA's was one of the most talked about on social media for weeks. Do you ever feel like you have to top each performance after that or do you feel like you've made your mark as a performer already?

"It's not necessary cause of how people respond to my performances but more so cause I want to outdo myself with each performance. I work hard to make sure that when people go home, that my performance was their favorite or one of their top favorites at least. It's a lot of pressure that I put on myself but I love a good challenge. At the end of the day it makes me better as a performer cause I'm always pushing myself to get better and be better. So I think that it's a good thing for me to keep topping each performance."
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

snap_itshannah on 27/10/2014(UTC), erich hess on 27/10/2014(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 27/10/2014(UTC), Andre Gandra on 27/10/2014(UTC)